[PP - F21] Shift of Fate << Feeding the Enemy >>

Ruby was in a bit of disbelief with a bit of things, Ruby had thought that Hestia had died, however noticing on her friends list and in the monument of life that she didn't die. She had went home after the boss in devastation after seeing that Hestia had died, however the day after she had made the notice, which had immediately got Ruby to message Hestia:

Hestia? Are you really alive? Please tell me you are, I went home after the boss and was extremely upset that you had died, I cried all night. Please I hope this isn't a glitch in the games system. Please... tell me you are alive...

She had been sitting on the 21st floor basically impatient to receive a reply, she needed answers before she went out on her expedition, she was basically shaking on the bench she had been sitting on with eyes wide open sitting in her brand new shiny Heavy Armor.

@Hestia

I make my way through the sixth floor sword and shield in hand ready to deal with any threat that crosses my path as i move through the floor my familiar in tow as my eyes have a dead serious look within them as i keep focused on my surroundings. You can't hide forever, and when i find you. You're done for. I mutter to myself in annoyance having had put up all the fliers around Aincrad in every settlement i could find and every safe area. The news of Pinball and Hidden being wanted criminals and wanted for capture and questioning by the Aincrad's Police Chief. Hestia. As i get a rather good distance away from the main settlement of the sixth floor i hear a small ding go off as i glance towards that direction with intrigue and curiosity as i open up the message to see that it is from Ruby. Guess Mishiro did say it might take at least awhile to get Hidden and Pinball's sketches completed. I say softly to myself as i would than read through the contents and sigh softly but have a rather small and happy smile upon my face as i relax for just a brief moment and nods my head. Well than looks like i need to comfort my big sis. I say as i take out a teleport crystal and than pauses realizing i don't even know where she is located at. I quickly type a message back.

Spoiler

Hey Ruby! I would make a joke about being a spooky ghost, buuuut. I'm alive don't worry it's not a glitch or anything though i'm still alive and i am still kicking and starting up a prison if you had seen one of my fliers lying about.

After a few minutes, or what had seemed to be longer than that, Ruby had received a message back from Hestia, however immediately and not wasting any more time and let out a deep breathe of relief as she had heard that she was alright and began to write back to her:

No, I haven't seen any of the fliers, I was mostly at home being upset and all. Can you come up on the Twenty-First floor so we can talk? I am sure we can get things caught up and you can explain to me what you are doing there. Plus I have a thing I need your help with and something to show you now. It's been a secret for a bit, and now that its done I believe I can show you now.

She giggled as she had sent the message. While Ruby did in fact miss her old familiar, he was... a little bit too grumpy for her tastes. Eventually he just popped and never got himself back together, so he... died? Ruby was confused at what happened, he just got so angry he popped and poof, gone.

@Hestia

I quickly see a message get sent back as i crush the crystal within my hands as i say the simple command words. Teleport, floor twenty one. I say as i feel the familiar sensation as i and my familiar get put onto floor twenty one as i look around the area as i am left trying to figure out where to go next. As i am left once more realizing a mistake that i keep repeating when i want to meetup with someone as i glance around the general area from the teleport pad. Why can i never remember that i am not just going over to somebody's house or even if i am that i never ask the directions towards the place. This isn't the real world where i can just GPS this stuff. I mutter to myself in annoyance at my own little incompetence at figuring such things out as i cross my arms at my chest with that and do a small little pouty face even as i quickly fix my posture as i just sigh and nod my head. Welp. No use complaining. I say softly to myself as i take a few steps off of the platform and just aimlessly start wandering the city until i would either find a house or shop that is owned or looks like it is owned by ruby or until i get a message from her.

Then there was silence, she had then thought that Hestia was coming to her, Ruby had stood up from her seat and started to quickly move her way to the floor teleporter. After a moment has past, Ruby had spotted the black haired tank and she had ran up to her still wearing her armor and gave her almost a tackle hug, but not enough to knock her over, just enough to feel it. Ruby placed her head on Hestia's shoulder and cried a little bit "D-don't you ever almost die on me again you hear me... don't you dare..." she had raised her head and with a giggle she had said to her "I could kiss you right now thats how much I was upset, but don't worry I am not going to. You are in a relationship and so am I." she then let go of her then took two steps back dawning her new pair of Armor and her brand new shiny gauntlets that had glowed with blue energy, but soon shifted to a dark mist.

@Hestia

I feel something hit me and out of instinct i go to attack with my sword until i quickly relax realizing that i am safe in a settlement and that the person in question is just hugging me as i quickly sheathe my curved sword and hugs the blonde woman that is like a older sister to myself. I look towards her with a small nervous chuckle as i look up to her who stands one inch taller than myself as i just nod my head in understanding and having a more serious look within my eyes as i do so. Don't worry Ruby i won't allow myself to die that i promise since i think i learned my lesson to take event bosses and bosses in general more seriously if that is what they are like. I say with a small sigh of disappointment and slight frustration at remembering my little outburst after having died and the fact that the boss lived only one more turn after i had died against it. Well things we can learn for the future, but yeah don't expect to ever see me die again in this game since from here on out i will be having teleport crystals and lots of healing items ready to go at a moment's notice. I say in a slightly joking manner to try and lighten up the mood hopefully with a rather what is most likely a horrible joke. I than remember the little detail which brought me out here in the first place as i gain a rather curious look in my eyes as i glance around the blonde haired woman before making my way back to looking into her eyes. Soooo than. What's the secret you had planned. I mean besides the clear armor change which i am curious about also.

Ruby had giggled a little bit and said out to her "Well, what I have planned is a sudden shift in build. No longer will I be as squishy as I did before, and now dawning a brand new look and a brand new pair of hands, I can start working on being just a tad bit different... however..." she had sighed and said "I need a new familiar, Purobolos one day got really mad and exploded as per usual, but he never formed back. So... I think he died, but I am not exactly sure what in the world had happened. He never returned, so I guess I just have to find a new one. I am looking for a Mitigation one to make sure my plan is working out well though." she had tried to keep a somewhat smile on her face even though she is seeing someone she cared about again thinking that she had died and the loss of her previous familiar, a couple tears fall down every now and then however she is trying really hard to not let them flow. Shaking her head she had asked out to her "So, whats with this poster stuff you have been doing?"

@Hestia

I blink and feel a slight sense of unease about hearing how the familiar died and simply never came back and how calm the blonde haired healer was about such an event as i glance towards Kuro who looks rather a mix of uncaring but also slight concern. 'I mean i would be to if i could suddenly die at a moment's notice.' I think to myself as i get down onto one knee and gently pet his head and than gives him a loving hug as i rest my head against his body as i whisper gently towards my precious little Kuro. It's okay buddy you'll never leave my side and i will never leave yours. I whisper gently and lovingly towards the familiar that has truly become part of my family and like a pet that i had never gotten to own back in the real world. something that i love unconditionally and care for that isn't my sister. After a few more minutes of comforting Kuro i get back up onto my feet and looks towards Ruby and nods my head in understanding at what he plans are going to be. Well i'm here if you need help finding that familiar you want, and sounds like you're going down the path of hestia! The tank healer and fighter. I say in a joking and playful tone of voice towards the blonde healer with a bright smile and a nod of my head. And yeah the posters were mainly me setting up my police force system that i view as necessary. People know about Laughing Coffin and only Aereth does something about it. Recently two of our own frontliners went against the betterment of everyone and add to the point of how i almost died i decided waiting around isn't going to do anything for my dreams. So from here on out i am going full on sprinting to do everything that i want with this game no more wasting time on not doing anything. So i am building a police force to capture, detain, and hold in a prison once we can find a suitable location to do that. Want to join my police force? I ask curiously towards Ruby with a inquisitive look.

Ruby had rubbed the back of her head as Hestia went on saying that she had been going down the "Hestia" path she had said out to her "Well... I guess, my build is going to be a fair bit different from you, like I don't have a Shield and I use my hands more often than you I would guess." then paid attention as she had basically described creating some sort of police force, in which she thought that Aincrad needed desperately, as there has been a handful of player killers and a lot orange players running around willy nilly. Ruby had smiled and placed a hand onto her hip and said out to her "I thought that I was already a part of that Police Force Hestia, we kind of need it badly with all the chaos running around. Some people just need either a reminder its a task we all need to group together to get out of, or sit and wait for us to get out or simply just be taken care of to prevent more chaos from spreading."

@Hestia

I chuckle a bit nervously at Ruby explaining the difference as i raise my hands up with a apologetic look within my eyes as i look towards ruby.  Uhhh..the build thing was meant as a joke really...sorry if it didn't come across as that. I say in a apologetic tone of voice towards her hoping i didn't accidentally offend her or something by trying to compare it towards me as i rub the back of my head and glances off towards the side. I do smile slightly though when hearing that she would side with me in my police force as i nod towards her with a rather excited look within my eyes as i look towards the blonde martial artist. So than when it comes to the police force would you want to be more so the person keeping the prisoners within their prisons? Or be the person going after them to jail them up nice and well done to prevent them from hurting more people by throwing them in the jail? I'm kinda just trying to get the idea going so i can figure out who is the type to be the guards and the type to be the ones tracking others down and throwing them in the jail...when i can find a area that prevents TPing if that is a thing. i say sounding more so disappointed near the end with the thought of not being able to find such a place to accurately set in motion such things. I than blink realizing the reason i am actually here. Oh um...whoops okay so. Uh..familiar right. I say with a chuckle.

Ruby had shook her head saying out to her "No no, its fine Hesty. I understand I kind of am copying your build a little bit. It's similar, just off by a few things, and by a few levels or two." she had giggled. After a moment Ruby had placed a finger onto her chin thinking for a moment then said to her "Well, I guess it just ultimately depends on things that happen I would guess. If I have to eliminate them because they refuse to stop fighting and try to kill me, then I have to use self defense. But once a jail has been found for us to use and to throw people in I would presume its not hard to land a Stun on someone then have enough time to tie them up. Of course if I have enough time, however... someone kidnapped me before and had enough time..." she had thought for a moment "I dunno, its something I need to think about right now." she said as they had got back on track and moved toward the outside world out of the main settlement to find a familiar.

@Hestia

Well take all the time you need Ruby there is time to think about these things since i'm certain i can hold down the police force fort as long as i need to against any wannabe PKers. I mean as long as mister Death Adder doesn't decide he wants to attack me. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders as i walk alongside you as i quickly swap into normal vanity clothing as the heavy armor and weapons disappear to be replaced by warm comfortable clothes. So than Ruby i did mention that i am chasing after my dreams a bit faster nowadays since..well..the whole almost dying thing, and that does include trying to become like a famous singer within this world. Even if that probably won't work out for me since i probably suck at like creating songs no matter how much i enjoy trying to do so. I say with a nervous chuckle as i rub the back of my head at that having a sheepish look upon my face as i glance towards the side to avoid making eye contact with Ruby to try and hide the look of nervousness/embarrassment that is within them.

Ruby had shived a little bit at the name of Death_Adder, she could only remember the last encounter that she had with him only left her with a bit of fear then asked out to Hestia "Could you please not mention his name around me... only bad thoughts come to my head when you mention it." she had looked over knowing that he had used her as a tool to cause more chaos towards her own friends. However after a moment Hestia had spoke out to her with a little bit of a embarrassing statement then with sparkling eyes, Ruby had looked over to Hestia and said "Singing? You? I wanna hear! Give me a show! Perhaps you will be the next Star of Aincrad! Say... what even ever happened to that guy?" she had wondered where that man even went off to, he appeared being a star making people happier... then suddenly just disappeared one day.

@Hestia

I give a apologetic look towards Ruby and a quick little hug to try and make up for my mistake of mentioning the name Death Adder without the knowledge of what had affected her so much from whatever he had done towards her or at least one of her friends possibly. Sorry about that Ruby didn't know that he bothered...you. Wait...didn't Jomei mention this guy once...ohhhh. Sorry about that Ruby i kinda forgot about that event in the mansion. I say apologetically now remembering how i even know the man's name beyond being the man who killed beatbox some man who wanted to be a hero. The man Death-Adder the one who had harmed my guild leader. I than hear the term as i tilt my head to the side for a brief moment at hearing such a phrase of "next star of Aincrad" implying that their was one before me who had wanted to go down this path as i look towards Ruby with confusion. Uhhmm...next star of Aincrad? who was the other guy? I ask out of curiosity wondering who either disappeared or died with his name seemingly being gone from the page of history at least to ruby's memory that is.

Ruby had shook her head "He wasn't at the mansion, there was something separate that had happened... but, I don't really want to talk about it. Maybe some other time, or someone else can tell you about it." she had said with a bit of a frown. However after a moment Hestia had asked her about what she meant about the Star of Aincrad, Ruby had blinked for a few minutes and asked "You've... never heard of the Star of Aincrad?" Ruby had blinked a few more times then said out to her "He was a player a while ago that dressed like a popstar and had one of the most flashiest swords anyone has ever seen. He wen't around singing and got the title "Star of Aincrad", I don't quite remember his name though. He did have blonde hair and blue eyes, I kind of remember that. He's kinda just been a thing of the past now."

ID: 110433 - LD: 9+4=13 [yikes, it begins.]

That sounds....over the top. I say not really knowing what else to say about a man that dressed up flashy and went out in the most probably sparkly and noticeable clothing and gear possible to make sure others would notice him seemingly. 'Though if he was a tank that is a rather fun and thematic way of doing things to try and use the howl action by combining singing with your blinding clothing.' I think to myself for my own amusement as i quickly focus back upon the present as i glance towards Ruby with a curious look as i nudge her side very gently. So than Ruby what kind of familiar are you looking for in the first place and by that i mean in the sense of like...in the sense of species type. Like i would say Lion for my little Kuro. Trying to give an explanation for what i am saying just encase it isn't perfectly clear for one reason or the other to try and avoid making any miscommunications occur. Also, about your request for me to sing maybe i'll fulfill that if i can think of a good place to play my songs...and you know actually get the stupid music parts down for them. i say sounding rather frustrated about the latter part.

Ruby had shrugged and said out to her "Well, if that's what he wanted to do, then so be it. A lot of people liked it, however again it's just one day he disappeared, no performances and everything was just lost." she had sighed "However, I guess what is the past is just the past now at this point. We need some happiness here granted everyone is losing everything nowadays." she had looked a little frustrated after speaking that, however she had quickly shook her head and returned back to her cheerful self. Ruby had giggled and said out to her "Well? Does that mean you can't sing for me now? Like right here right now? Come on, sing!" she had exclaimed out with a bit of excitement wanting Hestia to sing for her literally at the given second, she wanted to hear what Hestia had in mind and what voice she had been working with.

@Hestia

Well that is disappointing i'm certain he would've been fun to hangout with and do like duets together could've been the duo idols of Aincrad. I say in a joking tone of voice towards Ruby with a small smile upon my face. I than take a small step back with a small nervous chuckle as i rub the back of my head at that and looks to the side in embarrassment at what ruby is asking of me as i slowly shake my head with a slight look of actual worry. Something that is rather rare or possibly never seen before from the usually cheerful or confident tank that accompanies people on quests of any kind. I said i'm fine ruby as i said i don't have any song really on me that i would want to perform that i feel comfortable singing since i don't have like...the way of singing that i wish to do you know? I don't have the way the words are strong together to make them sound like they just flow perfectly together. I say as i can feel my heart pumping in my chest rather heavily as i can only imagine the reddened face that i most likely have from trying to defend myself from doing something that i feel like would just be a failure. Not noticing the fact either that my breathing had ever so slightly picked up to be slightly more faster than usual a rather easy sign to pick up if one focuses that someone is not calm.