[SP-F24] Entering a new world <<Scouting floor 24>>

Zandra was standing together with the other frontliners as the the final member of the court had been slain. She let out a deep sigh of relief as she looked at all the other frontliners that had together with her, defeated five powerful enemies. Finally, their progress to the next floor would continue. They would keep moving forward now. When every enemy was defeated, or four was defeated, one had escaped, the queen came to life. Zandra saw a few players talking to her, Shield and Hestia was two of them. A worried look was thrown towards the gate they had came from as Macradon exited there. This boss fight couldn’t have been good on him. He was choosen as the raids leader, but everyone seemed to do as they wanted anyway. Zandra was thinking of bringing this up on the next raid meeting. Any information from the queen would also be useful, but Zandra was sure Hestia and Shield would let them know everything of value. And with that, Zandra left the room and entered the new floor.

mega slime farm(December) +2SP

LD bonus:

Spoiler

Search rank 3(skill): +3
Lucky horseshoe (Search) 3->4: +1 LD
Half-mask(enchatment): +3 LD
Reveal(mod): +2
Total: 3+1+3+2=+9 LD

Edited by Zandra

As she entered the new floor, she was first met by a smeel she havent smelled in a long while. The smell of a sea. She got blinded by the shining sun at first, but when her eyes had adjusted to the bright light and she saw how it looked, she got stunned. It was beautiful. As far as she could see, was a huge sea with islands here and there. It was a comfortable weather and the temperature was nice. Her first thought was that she wouldn’t mind to move here. She went forward with a smile on her lips. At the moment she was ta one of the islands. To get to the other, she didn’t had to swim or use a boat, since there was long bridges made of wood and steel connecting them all. Zandra removed her mouthguard to better take in the fresh air of floor 24.

Her armored boots walked across one of the bridges, her aim was the main island. That was obviously the best place to start if she wanted to find information about the entrance to the next floor. But why would she enter and search for the entrance on her own. Well, she had been part of the frontlines for such a long time by now, still she had never discovered or fought anything to progress their journey, except the big boss raids. But that wasn’t enough in her opinion, she wanted to do something more. Something that didn’t made her just another player in the ranks of frontliners. She sighed as she walked across the bridge in her lonelyness. It was pretty cool though, that she was the only player on this floor by now. Though as soon as they are done talking bac there, Shield and Hestia and many of the other frontliners would rush here and join her.

But, at least she had some time all on her own. Not her own, but the only one with a human body in the real world. She didn’t really counted the NPC’s in the town. She havent much more then reached the first island on her way to the main settlement as she saw some mobs blocking her way. She immediately took forth her axe and smirked as she looked at them. ‘’So, you are the first mobs that is going to die on this floor.’’ She said to a couple of crabs that was closing in on the bridge. Zandra realized that she would be at a huge disadvantage if they reached the the bridge. Her big axe was a clumsy weapon to use in narrow areas, like the small width of the bridge. But she had a pretty easy way to counter that. She lowered her stance and looked at the crabs with a smile.

The crabs only clipped with their claws as they accepted Zandras challenge. She darted forward as her body activated the charge skill. She had done it so many times by now, she felt like it was lamost like just running a little bit quicker. Thou it made her reaching the crabs in less then half a second. As she reached them she aimed for the right on first. Her axe was swung In a wide circle before it striked the crabs shell. She was expected to see a red stripe on the surface, but instead the axe head bounced of. She got taken by surpeise and this made her lose her balance and she fell. The two crabs closed in on the berserk healer, clipping towards her with their claws. Zandra tried to roll out of the way. But one of them was to fast and the claw clipped on her leg.

Zandra quickly glanced at her healthbar as it dropped from the damage she had taken. Though it was just a little bit, but this was the first enemies she encountered, ther is a big possibility they will be stronger up ahead. But first, she needed to take care of these  tiny amphibians. She quickly pushed herself up in standing position again. She looked at the two crabs and scanned their bodies. The shell on the top was too hard to break thru, something she hadn’t encountered before. She didn’t knew how she would be able to strike the soft part below them though. The crabs closed in on her as she analyse her situation. ‘’What to do, what to do.’’ She mumbled quikly to herself. The crabs had reached all the way up to her but this time she was prepared so she easily dodged their tries to snip her with their claws.

It was in that moment she herd a cry. It came from high above, a very familiar cry. Zandra looked up and saw the mighty kingseagle circling above. The crabs had stopped as well and looked at the new animal that had arrived. Though since the kingseagle was to high up for them to reach, they quiklcy ignored it and adnvanced towards Zandra. In that moment the eagle darted downwards. It quiklcy accelerated up to a speed of over 200 kilometers per hour. As it was only a few meters above the ground, the let out another cry and turned so she passed right infront of the crabs. Now that Zita, Zandras familiar, was closer to the ground they rised and tried to hit her with their claws. But the eagle was to quick and both missed. The kingsealge was already on her way upwards to get more height for another swoop.

Now that the carbs was standing upwards, they exposed their softer side of their bodies towards Zandra. They realized this too late, since Zandra had already lowered her stance and charged forward again. This time she swung her axe in a wide and low horizontal swing. The blade cleaved thru both of the crabs flesh, making them back away several steps. This was something new for them. ‘’Great Zita!’’ Zandra shouted to the feathered familiar. She wasn’t sure if it would work again, but they wouldn’t know that unless they tried it again. Zandra stepped back to make some distance between the crabs and the player. ‘’Come at me you shelled softies.’’ She taunted at the mobs. It didn’t took many seconds before they did that. The two crabs charged towards Zandra with raised claws. Zandra waited patienaly, they needed to be in exactly the right position before the attack.

‘’Now!!!’’ Zandra shouted against the crabs. A half moment later the eagle once again darted forward with an incredible speed. Even when it have been a hundred meters above them, she was back down in just seconds. And just as Zandr hoped, the two crabs snapped towards the eagle again. But thanks to the superior speed of Zita, both of them missed. And, once again the soft part of their bodies was showed. Zandra darted against the crbs and delivered another lethal stike with her axes blade. It cleaved thru them, making their health points dropping downwards, their health bar that was low on the green, turned yellow and then red. Though it wasn’t enough to completely erase the crabs form the system. Zandra activated her bull rush, charging even further, making them lose their balance. Without having to say anything, the eagle had returned and used its claws and talon to rip them down to zero as Zandra held the vulnerable area visible.

Zandra watched as the two first mobs she had fought on this floor turned into crystals and flowed around her. She smiled, both to herself and to Zita. ‘’Well done Zita.’’ She said and patted the eagle on the head as she had taken her seat on Zandras right shoulder. ‘’You are the only one I can truly trust. Since I know you will always be there for me, as well as I will always be there for you.’’ Zandra said to the eagle as she looked at her with a warm, heartfull smile. After all, she wasn’t alone on this floor. ‘’So Zita. Now we have experienced the first combat on this floor. This was a relatively easy fight I guess, but I don’t think I would have figured it out without you. But, what do you think we shall do now? My plan is to head to the biggest island and start the search there.’’

The winged familiar let out a cry and nodded in agreement to Zandras suggestion. Zandra patted the eagle on the head again as she continued the journey forward. She put her hands behind her head as she walked since Zita had left her shoulder and was circling above them. It must feel good to her, to be on a floor with this kind of lovely weather to really make her be able to spread her wings. Specially compared to the room we just fought the dark elf council in. Zandra thought to herself as she went on another bridge, leading to an island with houses with red roofs that she had spotted from the other side. She took a look backwards over her shoulders to the island where she had fought the crabs. She saw a shine as the crabs respawned. ‘’Hope next one arriving there will get victourious out of the combat too.’’

With those word, she focus her sight forward, towards the settlement on the island she had just arrived on. She took a scan of the scene and nodded. She brought up her inventory and changed from her heavy armor, hadnwraps and axe into a more casual attire. Her normal town clothes consisting of a pair of brown leather boots, a red short skirt with suspenders and a darkbrown, almost black t-shirt. Over her head she had a red hood with a long scraf attached to it. This wouldn’t make her stand out as much as a fully armoured axe wielding frontline warrior would do. She scratched her neck as she thought where she should start. To be honest, she had never really done any investigation on her own earlier. That was what the information brokers was there for. But, probably to go and ask someone if they had any clues would be a good start.

Zandra looked around if she could spot anyone that would have any clue about where the entrance to the next floor would be located. There was a noble man just a dozen meters away. He was well built and around 6 feet tall. Zandra decided to start with him. She took a deep breath before walking up to him. ‘’Hello there mister.’’ She started with a polite tone in her voice. ‘’I just arrived here, would you mind telling me a bit about this town?’’ The man looked down on Zandra as he scratched his chin that had a few centimeter long grey beard on it that have been cutted perfectly. ‘’Hello there girl. It’s always a pleasure to see new faces. And if you want to know more about our city, its not me you should talk to.’’ Zandra kinda expected an answer like that, she was prepared to be pointed in a direction to where she should go.

Zandra waited for the old man to continue. But he never did, he just stood there in silence, looking at the berserk healer. It seemed that she wouldn’t get any more guidance without asking something more. ‘’So, can you tell me who I should go to to get to know more?’’ she asked the man. ‘’What do you want to know more about little girl?’’ Zandra raised and eyebrow. ‘’Ehm, about the town.’’ The old man nodded. ‘’This town is nice isn’t it?’’ Zandra took a deep sigh as she realized what was going on. This guy replied to one question at a time. He wasn’t able to hold a conversation. Maybe it was a bug, or just Kayaba that is liking to mess with the players. Zandra shrugged as she thought how she would ask her question to get everything she wanted answer to into one question to the old man.

She cleared her throat, not that it would matter anyway but she just did it. ‘’Hello mister, Im new in this town and I wonder where shall I go to get to know more about this town?’’ At first the old man didn’t answered. Zandra thought that her question havent been registered by the system. Such an advanced and expensive system was almost forced to have some kind of bugs. But did she had to run into them now. She was just gonna turn around and search on her won when the man opened his mouth. ‘’If you want to know more about this town, I suggest you to talk to Birgit.’’ He answered her. Then he raised an arm and pointed towards the beach. ‘’She lives in a small house near the beach. Im sure she will be able to give you answer to all your questions, if someone can its her.’’

Zandra nodded ‘’Thank you very much sir. Your help is very appreciated. Im on my way to find the labyrinth to the next floor, and all information about where it can be located is very useful. Have a good day mister.’’ She said and finished off with a little bow. She didn’t though it would matter to him whatever she said. But it felt better for her, she felt more like this was real and that she relly was looking for the next labyrinth. It also increased her hop to be able to find it. ‘’Your welcome little girl, hope you find what you seek.’’ Zandra struck by the NPC’s answer. She thought he would only answer questions that he got from other players. Did he just added a casual phrase back to her? After a fe seconds though she brought herself together. She turned around the way the had pointed and moved.

Zandra looked at Zita. ‘’So Zita, it looks like we have out first clue. It probably isn’t much but we know who we shall start to talk to. As well as these NPC’s can do more then just answer your question. Or it can have been that phrase is like a good bye phrase he gives to everyone that leaves him. Well, just have to be sure to take in everything we can right.’’ The eagle cried and nodded in reply. Zandra felt good to not be totally alone up here. To have a friend with her felt good, much better then to be alone. With that she walked down to the beach and started searching the house where that Birgit was living. As she reached the few houses that was standing on the beach where the man had pointed, she stopped and looked at them. There was three, but which was Birgits?

Zandra took a thought of what else the man had said. She scratched her chin for a few moments as her eyes drifted downwards. Oh right, it was in a small house he said. She looked back at the houses again. And now it was pretty obvious which house was Birgits. Two of the house was relatively big, while the third, the one furthest to the right, was only half the size. She walked up to the house and stopped infront of the door. Would she go straight in? Or was it better to knock? In other games she had played. You didn’t really knocked on doors, just interacted with them. But on the other hand, this wasn’t a normal game. It was based on a normal mmorpg, but so much was different. The biggest difference was probably that opposite to other games. In sao, if you die in game, you die in real life.

So, she decided to knock. She raised her hand and hit it on the wooden door three times. Then she waited for someone to come and open it. Though when there have been no reaction for a minute, she hitted the door harder, letting out a loud enough bang so anyone on the inside would hear. No reaction now either. She raise her hand to knock one final time, when the door suddenly opened. What met her eyes gave made her surprised. She had expected an old lasy with grey hair and face full of wrinkles and bend back, half blind or something. But she was wrong. The woman that opened was not that much shorter then the man she had talked to. She was standing straight. Her body shape was actually pretty well built and there wasnnt many wrinkles in her face. Her eyes looked like they was sharp as anyones.

‘’Yes. And what do you want? You don’t have to break my door to come in you know?’’ she started, her voice sounded old, but it was still full of strength. Zandra blushed from her forceful tries to get inside. She pulled her hair out of her face, but it immediately fell down again, covering one of her eyes. ‘’Ehem, I apologise for that miss. I just wonder, is Birgit here?’’ with those words Zandr looked on the woman. The woman raised an eyebrow. ‘’You looking at her. So what do you want to say to me?’’ Zandra was hoping that would be Birgit and the answer wouldn’t be something like she was out for the moment. ‘’Nice, the thing is, Im looking for the a labyrinth, kind like a dungeon. And I wonder if you can help me? Would also be interested in knowing more about the town you live in.’’ Zandra started. The woman nodded. ‘’Ofcourse, come on in and I will share some knowledge with you. Birgit turned around and Zandra followed.

Roll:
ID: 110444
LD: 19+9=28
Total: 28/100

Searching CD: 0/3

Edited by Zandra