[PP-F6] <<Deforestation>> "Woodland 'Cat'astrophe"

Spoiler

<<Deforestation>>

This quest takes place on Floor 6
This quest is repeatable
This quest courtesy of Tristan Delaney

fire_tiger_monster.jpg

Image Created by Deviant Art User Sandara (Link Here)

The Amazons are proud of their forests, being the pride of their floor with the vast spanning jungles that house a large variety of species. However a lone tiger of flame threatens the sanctity of the forest Amazon's Folly, for it burns down anything in their path, razing their pathway with a baptism of fire. The Amazons request that you take down the tiger to ensure their forest is not left as mere ash.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
-Maximum Party Size of 3
-The Byakko must be defeated
-Repeat completions will only yield <<Tiger Rage>>

Byakko Information:

<<Byakko>> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 150

MIT: 40

Damage per Attack: 60
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, half the damage dealt is instead dealt as burn damage, which ignores mitigation as a status. This has no DoT.

Rewards:

1. <<Tiger Rage>> A potion which grants +2 damage. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.
2. 3 Skill Points

Ryo made it to the spot where had agreed to meet up with @Hestia. He got a new blade, a new familiar, and some new determination to better himself. If he wanted to go onto the front lines, he was going to need experience. And in more than one form of it as well. Hestia was an avid front liner, and pretty damn strong to boot. And on top of that she was a good friend, it made her the perfect candidate for some training. He tapped his foot, he paced back and forth as he waited. What was taking her so long? She was normally so on point, and punctual. Maybe it was because Ryo lived closer than Hestia did. Speaking of that, where did hestia live? He shrugged at the thought, thinking it weird for himself to think so deeply into the personal life of a friend.

When Hestia did arrive Ryo greeted her with open arms. "There you are!" He exclaimed. "I was starting to get worried. You did get my message about wanting to get stronger for the front lines, yeah?" Ryo questioned. Not that he didn't know, of course she did. "Anyway, got a few quests lined up and since this one was easier and closer to home I can do this one first." Ryo said, explaining himself. Ryo opened his menu, and pulled out a small notebook. "With the people I've asked around for numbers on the boss for it, it seems like I could do it solo but things are always more fun with friends. Right?" Ryo said, putting the notebook away.

Making his way through the forest, as Ryo had already acquired the quest from the amazons, he smelled a stench in the air. The smell of burning wood. Ryo crouched down, and motioned for Hestia to do the same. Ryo crouched down, and hastily made his way around the forest, his katana bumping into branches and the brush. Around the bend Ryo spotted a large burnt circle in the forest, and in the center a now awake Byakko.

ID: 110498 LD: 6
Stealth: 6

Stats for this Thread
Ryo~
HP: 600/600 | Energy: 30/30
DMG: 14 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 8 | BH: 12 | Charge:+2 DMG(once)
BRI: 5x Healing Potions(+50hp) | empty | empty | empty | empty |

I rest upon the eighth floor rather content with just laying around all day for once until i would possibly get a message from either of my new police recruits or not about joining them in on a training day possibly. However, i instead get a message from Ryo about wanting to get stronger for the frontlines as i raise an eyebrow in slight surprise about that fact mainly from the fact i haven't heard from him in quite a long while. With a shrug of my shoulders i get off the bed and make my way towards the sixth floor where Ryo told me to meet up with him as i let out a high pitched whistle as loud as i can throughout the mansion that is Kimi's home as i eventually see my familiar Kuro flying right towards me with the small light blue shark doggo that is Noodle waddling after Kuro quite a bit away from Kuro's faster speeds of flight. When my familiar would land at my feet i would pet his head gently. Come on buddy an old friend needs our help. I say in a gentle tone of voice towards the lion as i ran my hand through his fur before i would make my way towards the open door that lead towards the outside jungle area that makes up most of the eight floor and make the short walk on over towards the main settlement and than the longer walk towards the teleport pad. Waiting a few more minutes for Kuro to say goodbye to Noodle which was mainly Kuro trying to make the familiar realize play time was over. When making my way through the settlements on the eighth and sixth floor i would smile slightly at seeing the fliers i had put up about Pinball and Hidden to be captured if possible.

Eventually i would arrive at the location to where Ryo told me to meet up with him as i than grin remembering the last i saw him was at the murder mansion that we all visited and possibly almost died at if my memory serves me correctly. What's up Ryo? Long time no see. How is the whole dating Teion thing going for you? I say in a joking tone of voice towards him as i would than just nod my head towards his question as my familiar rests by my feet waiting for us to get a move on towards our actual goal of being here. I got your message and if you got a few quest you want to burn through count me in, I say in a rather cheerful tone of voice. When we would make our way towards the beast i would just nod my head and looks towards Ryo and than back towards the creature as i enter into the fire circle as my familiar flies over the flames not caring to have his fur charred or on fire. I raise my shield and slams the pommel of my blade against the shield creating a loud gong like noise as i activate focused howl as i stare down the Byakko. Come on kitty. Round 3. I say in a playful tone of voice.

Action: Focused Howl +5 hate -8 ENG

[H:5] Hestia: HP: 1625/1625    Energy: 150/158 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)         Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Ryo~
HP: 600/600 | Energy: 30/30

Ryo looked behind him and saw that instead of trying to sneak up on the beast, Hestia instead opted in to instantly gain some hate. At first, he was confused. Unsure of why hestia didn't try to stealth as well. But then he noticed that she was on the opposite side of him, giving the flanking position an easy target for Ryo. Ingenious really, now that he had thought about it. Ryo smirked. "Alright, so we're doing this." He said to himself, gripping the wrapped handle of his blade and charging in.

Sliding to a halt, his momentum carried into his blade and Ryo quick drew out his blade. Wind circled around him, blowing ash around him in a light breeze as a single line cut through Byakko with ease. Ryo turned, and took a single step away before sheathing his blade. As the guard contacted it's sheathe the beast exploded into multiple pieces of light. Ryo turned back around to Hestia. "So yeah, dating Teion is really nice. She's moved in now." Ryo said, nonchalantly continuing conversation.

ID: 110500 BD:11(8+3)[charge used+2 base][San Ge used -15 Energy]
14 base + 2 Charge = 16*15 San Ge = 240 - 40 mitigation = 200 damage dealt

Byakko~
HP: 0/150
Dmg: 60(Treated as Burn damage on a 9-10) | MIT: 40

[H:5] Hestia~
HP
: 1625/1625 | Energy: 150/158
DMG:16 | MIT:151 | Thorns: 54 | Eva: -1 | BH: 80 | Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) | Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG) | Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

[H:0] Ryo~
HP: 600/600 | Energy: 45/60
DMG: 14 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 8 | BH: 12 | Charge:+2 DMG(once)

I let out a low whistle of appreciation as i watch Ryo just swiftly move into the kill and claim it for himself with a singular strike as i smile ever so slightly appreciating the style that went into that moment. 'Needs my help getting him to the frontlines like he said before we did this he could do these quests himself and possible even join the frontlines as he is now..though i guess we could test that more later today with increasingly more difficult quests.' I think to myself as i can only think of the event boss and how Kairi had exited that within the yellow percent of health bars after the event for at least the tier two and tier one players. Putting on a smile to try and ignore the more darker thoughts of worry about the possible impending death for most who could enter the frontlines to focus on the now. Well than Ryo i hope that you and Tei are happy together and i'm also more so glad that me having to play as a pseudo middle person for you to have that pancake breakfast type deal went well for you. How was that little Valentines date by the way? I never did ask during the spook murder house, or at the party? I ask the purple haired man with a small shrug of my shoulders as i make my way over towards him to stand in front of Ryo rather than across the entire field that the Byakko had made its home.

Ryo put his hands behind his head, and cocked his body to the side. "Oh yeah that date was nice. We missed the dance thou, but it was still pretty romantic." Ryo said giving a grin. "Thanks for being a wingman." He said, giving a chuckle. Ryo changed poses again, the fight still fresh on his mind. He knew the fight was going to be easy, but one hit KO easy? That wasn't going to fly. Not with Ryo wanting to make his way into the front lines as quickly as he could.

"So, since that was a literal breeze. How about we do one of," Ryo said as he fumbled through his inventory and pulling out a rolled piece of parchment paper. "a dungeon." He said grinning. But another thought crossed his mind. "How about we go further up and do this on like, floor twenty one?" Ryo suggested not knowing what the proper dungeon balance was. Anything that brought more experience his way, the better.

-Entering Floor 21-

After some talking Ryo made his way to floor twenty one. Stepping out of the teleportation gate Ryo looked around. "Heh, half expected Tartarus with how this floor looks." He said half joking, referencing the tenth floor. He took the dungeon map and opened it.

-Beginner Dungeon Map used-

The map lead the two to a large mouthed cave, it dripping from the moisture in the air droplets dripping from the stalagmites that hung from the ceiling. Ryo gave out a whistle. "Kinda big ain't it. What you suppose is in there?" Ryo questioned his friend.

@Hestia
1/3 posts for full energy

I grin and nod my head as i look towards Ryo and chuckles a bit at the wingman comment. Well i mean hey that is what friends are for right? i'm glad you had a good time though i was kinda curious what happened to you during the dance though I mean Jomei and Telrenya were there and even a few frontliners came to chill and relax and just have a good night. I even wore a stupid dress for that event cause it was a requirement to show up. I say towards Ryo sounding rather annoyed at the dress aspect having completely tone shifted from the rather calm and rather happy tone when i was talking about the rest of the event. I watch Ryo slowly move through his inventory screen as i wait patiently wondering what he is going to pull out until i see a piece of parchment paper that he is holding onto which quickly becomes identified to a map for a dungeon. Well than i didn't take you for someone that would be scouting out for dungeons Ryo. Did you find that or did a friend get a dungeon map for you their? I ask curiously having not really expected ryo to know someone with a searching skill or for him to have such a skill to get lucky enough to find a dungeon.

When we arrive at the twenty first floor i grin and looks over towards Ryo. If this was Tartarus i would only have hoped that the floor boss would've been one of the titans or something like that. Maybe even cause why not something like Cronus himself challenging players rather than whatever that dragon fight Tesseleth was. Heard that even that guy Death Adder showed up in that fight than peaced out at some point. I comment idly as i keep my battle ready gear on my person equipped ready for what could be a fight of a intermediate dungeon since that seems beatable at the very least if it would even be a dragged out fight. 'Depends what Ryo is willing to fight during the duration of this dungeon.' I think to myself as we slowly arrive at the dungeon's location as i look at the rather open mouthed cave. It might be a bit big, might be perfect sized depending what the boss could be. We might be dealing with something like the whole ant situation again. Just a big ol' creature waiting for us at the end and something even bigger at the end. Or for all we know could just be a bunch of gnomes and this is just meant to scare off people and predators. I say in a joking tone for my response back.

Ryo laughed aloud. "Ha ha, gnomes. The creepiest of lawn decorations. No idea why Pennyworth wants to have one so badly either." Ryo said going from carefree to just confused in a matter of mere seconds. "No matter. Let's go spelunking." Ryo said shaking the odd thought from his mind. The cave was lit dimly, not enough to trigger the negative to his accuracy but enough to just be annoying. Ryo's foot caught a slick portion of the cave, and slid out from under him. Reacting quickly, Ryo was able catch himself and not fall over. "Careful, it's pretty slick here. With your armor I can only imagine how hard it is to move around." He said, laughing nervously at his near fall.

Deep into the cave, the small flicker of fire could be seen. Upon closer inspection Ryo could make out about four shapes within its light. Ryo crouched down, and assed the situation. "Looks like goblins. Just our luck, some more easy kills." Ryo said, relaying information to Hestia. "On your move." Ryo said, waiting behind for Hestia to gather some agro before striking.

[2/3] for energy recovery.

I just chuckle a bit at Ryo's words as i hear about this butler who seemed polite enough  really when i had met him, but if Ryo finds something creepy and if Pennyworth knows about it, it would be rather comical to think the butler is trying to make its..owner?provider? 'What even is the right word to use for the person that is in charge of the buter.' I think to myself having never really thought about that at all and what the relationship would be for something in the real world. For Aincrad the term would easily be master since they are just bits of code and just follow the commands of the owner of the home, but in the real world it would seem weird to say that since it would be another living breathing human something that is easily identifiable as human. 'Wasn't that fight though entirely about how do we even define what is living within this world or not..ARRGH this is so annoying!' i think to myself feeling a bit more than just simple frustration as i let out a annoyed huff as i make my way through the cave my familiar at my side flying downwards. As i slowly make my way through the cave i feel the slight slickness of the ground underneath my armored self as i just walk more carefully having walked through terrain such as this. Surprisingly not as difficult as you would think really. You kinda get used to it after awhile. At the beginning it was kinda difficult to walk around in it at least fluidly to be able to dodge things, but give it time and it just feels as light and easy to move in at times as light armor. Besides the whole getting up from the ground..that isn't as easy as wearing light armor to many heavier and more clunky pieces along this to make it slightly more difficult. I say with a smile upon my face and eventually they would come upon the sight of goblins as i would just nod my head at the words knowing what to do in this situation. Quickly moving towards the goblins with a grin on my face and my sword seemingly out ready to cut them and shield ready to block their attacks i get within view of them. Come on goblins time to see what you're made of you tiny little maggots! I say as i slam the pommel of my blade against the shield as the gong like noise resonates throughout the cave as i activate the simple howl affect against the enemies.

Action: Howl [-8] [+3]

[H:3/3/3/3] Hestia: HP: 1625/1625    Energy: 150/158 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)  Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Ryo~
HP: 600/600 | Energy: ??/30

Goblin 1: 735/735 l 252 DMG
Goblin 2: 735/735 l 252 DMG
Goblin 3: 735/735 l 252 DMG
Goblin 4: 735/735 l 252 DMG

• 8 months later...

"That's not the point. Ryo said, shaking his head. I rarely see you dodge things. You just kinda, tank it. Or bash it with your shield. You never do a flip." Ryo gasped audibly. "Can you do a flip?" He asked, half teasing the other half being curious. His eyes shot up as soon as he heard some noises ahead, his playful nature dropping back into a more serious tone. Ryo readied his blade, but knew that if he made any attacking action the progress of his energy would vanish immediately. "Just a few seconds longer Hestia, then I can hop in." Ryo called out to his partner. He had his doubts that the goblins would be any sort of problem for the woman tank, but Ryo still wanted to get into the fray. Ryo tapped his foot as he waited for his energy to recover fully. Lord, it was boring to watch his energy fill that slowly. Perhaps there were some items, or skills that increased it. He'd have to keep an eye out for those. If there was one thing he hated, it was standing around being useless. Hestia let out another one of her howls, drawing the goblins into her threat range. Unless Hestia got cocky, or one of the goblins got lucky they wouldn't even deal damage to her. 

-No action taken, 3/3 Full Energy Recovery

[H:3/3/3/3] Hestia: HP: 1322/1625    Energy: 150/158 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)  Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

[H:0/0/0/0] Ryo | HP: 600/600 | Energy: 60/60 DMG:14 | MIT: 8 | EVA: 3 | Battle Healing: +12 HP | +2 Charge
~~~~~
Goblin 1: 681/735 l 252 DMG
Goblin 2: 735/735 l 252 DMG
Goblin 3: 681/735 l 252 DMG
Goblin 4: 681/735 l 252 DMG

Spoiler

Goblin 1 ID:123055 BD: 6+1=7(hit)
Goblin 2 ID:123056 BD: 2+1=3(miss)
Goblin 3 ID:123057 BD: 8+1=9(hit)
Goblin 4 ID:123058 BD: 7+1=8(hit)

~Turn order~
Goblin One strikes Hestia - deals 101 damage to Hestia(252-151) - Goblin 1 takes 54 points of thorns damage from Hestia.
Goblin Two MISSES
Goblin Three strikes Hestia - deals 101 damage to Hestia(252-151) - Goblin 1 takes 54 points of thorns damage from Hestia.
Goblin Four strikes Hestia - deals 101 damage to Hestia(252-151) - Goblin 1 takes 54 points of thorns damage from Hestia.

Looking at ryo i just chuckle as i see the goblins come towards me as i quickly raise my shield and let them strike at my shield along with slam against my armor doing my genuine best to avoid a club to the face if i can avoid such a thing. My familiar kuro coming from behind to force them away from myself if only for a moment as i prepare a sword art of my own. Well i mean. heavy armor, heavy shield, i'm holding a sword. Can you even do a flip with that katana thing of yours Ryo? Can you even do a flip like period. at all? I say back towards the purple haired man with a grin upon my face in a joking tone of voice as i then focus back on the goblins as my blade gets covered in a light blue light as i charge towards them and quickly try to gain a singular strike against anything. My blade strikes at least well enough for what i can hope with as i strike at two as the curved sword hits along their bodies as the other two just dodge entirely with their weapons to aid in deflecting the attacks away.

Backing away from the four goblins not looking or speaking to ryo knowing he'll go in at this point and strike one or four of them. Whatever he thinks is right and trusting in him enough to do what is best with what he can do.

Action: Butterfly illusion against all
#123064 BD:1
#123065 BD:4
#123066 BD:8  128 DMG
#123067 BD:8  16x8= 128   CD:11

[H:3/3/4/4] Hestia: HP: 1402/1625    Energy: 141/158 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)  Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

[H:0/0/0/0] Ryo | HP: 600/600 | Energy: 60/60 DMG:14 | MIT: 8 | EVA: 3 | Battle Healing: +12 HP | +2 Charge
~~~~~
Goblin 1: 681/735 l 252 DMG
Goblin 2: 735/735 l 252 DMG
Goblin 3: 553/735 l 252 DMG
Goblin 4: 553/735 l 252 DMG