[F04 Event] Christmas Extravaganza 2018

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" The Samurai bellowed when he saw @Shield and @Cosi come up to where he had been standing at Benny's booth. The earnest grin of of the gaijin split his face and touched his eyes, true friendship glowing from them as he took them both in with a broad gesture of his arms.

Realizing that Cosi was with Shield, Baldur turned to the young man and give him a formal bow of a senior to a junior.

"Merry Christmas, I am Baldur. Nice to see Shield with someone new for a change. I don't imagine @Beat is wandering around anywhere here. He's probably admiring that pile of unique items you've found him."

The wanna-be samurai gave Shield a teasing, lopsided grin.

"So introduce us here, Shield. I just bought a backpack myself, by the way. Thought of you when I saw those keys though." he gestured at the ones Cosi just got, "but I figured you were a backpack type of guy. Everything else is just a temporary fix."

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Callie gave a little spin in front of a mirror, inspecting and admiring festive attire she had acquired with such little effort in the days leading up to this 'Christmas Extravaganza'. A green, long-sleeved leotard clung to her skin underneath a snug red top: a touch of frill instead of sleeves, cutting into a deep V with a thick elastic band hugging her torso just below her chest. Just below her waist, a wavy red skirt was cut into several points that reached to her knees, decorative bells stitched onto each end. Below that, her legs were bare down to the red ankle-boots that zipped up at the sides. Her long seafoam hair hung loose at her back, and nestled behind her fringe a simple green hat was pinned into place and fell just over the strands.

The message she received was unexpected, but brought a wider smile to her face. Saved her the trouble of sending one off herself. With a quick blink, she put two and two together and realized just how behind her own schedule she was running, and hurried out of her inn room and made the short trek to Snowfrost.

Today was the day. Callie was filled with as much Christmas spirit as she was determination, and no matter how forced either of them really were, she wasn't going to admit it. She hardly took the time to stop and admire the shining lights and decor that were strung throughout the town, she was so fixated on her goal. Before long, she managed to find just the man in a santa hat she was looking for. Callie stepped up behind Shield, giving him a tap on the shoulder. Immediately after she held out her index finger, waiting for his head to turn so that she would end up giving his cheek a quick poke. That was cute, right? Endearing, maybe? Just silly enough not to make him cringe, at least?

@Shield

As Neo was looking around for Cosi, she suddenly felt arms wrap around her from behind. With a kiss on the cheek, she knew who it was. Her ring felt a bit warmer as she turned around to face @Hazado, still in his arms. After he was done asking how she was, Neo just went up to her tip toes and kissed him full on the lips. That was how she felt while she was around him, no other way around it.  After they were done kissing, Neo stayed in his arms as long as he kept the hug going. When it ended like all good things had to, Neo decided it would be best if she got herself a bit more dressed up for the season. She went into her inventory and equipped the best seasonal outfit that she could quickly put together. It wasn't much in her eyes, but at least it was something. And as her parasol and weapon vanished into her bag, she felt a burden come off of her, like there was little else to trouble her now.

Neo's appearance:

Spoiler

download.jpeg

Another day, another event it seemed like. How long had it been since the valentines dance, ball, thing? Who cared, it was a party here after all. And Minako was going to break out all the stops. Operation Get A Man was undergo, in a brand new christmas edition. A new santa outfit commissioned precisely for this event could lead only to success. Red base, with the white fur time lined her clothing. A garment that hugged her body tightly, that stretched down into a skirt that hung just above her knees. Below that were her leggings, just low enough to expose the right amount of thigh. Red gloves, with the white trim to match the ensemble, and a large hood that covered her shoulders complete with the fur ball at the end of it. Her outfit was, for a lack of better words, perfect.

Arriving at the event she could already see that it was in full swing. So many people in cute outfits, some not in cute outfits, but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. The snow stuck to the roofs of buildings and stalls and everything was beautiful. Minako's mouth dropped in wonder and happiness as the scene reminded her of home. She quickly made her way from stall to stall looking at items, special themes gear, but most importantly the food.

After grabbing a few of the croquettes of grilled meat, Minako wandered around the place her keen eyes trying to train on any guy who was by himself. Hopefully, they wouldn't recognize her from the real world as a ViewTuber. Then, she spied a target. He wore a dark red cloak, and from her angle she could catch the glimpse of goggles. It was part festive, part inconspicuous. It was like he was practically begging for attention. The snow crunched beneath her feet as she gathered the courage to approach the man.

When she did manage to make her way to him, her cheeks were a bright red, partial from the cold the other part being flustered and embarrassed. She spoke to herself, "You got this Mini. You got him. You're cool. You're awesome. You're cute. You can do this." She said, quietly trying to bolster her own confidence. With wide strides she finally placed herself next to the man. "H-Hi!" She quickly sputtered out as she wore a nervous smile. "What's a cutie like you doing all alone here?" She said, trying her best to flirt with the man. @Hikoru

Spencer could feel Nicholas's anxiety levels rising softly, but steadily. [censored] [censored] [censored], what do I do now? I gotta get him out of here. Hmmm, where should we go? Wait! There's a clearing next to two people, might as well go there! Spencer smiled a bit and hugged Hestia one last time. "Sorry to bolt, but I think I see someone I know." He pointed in a general direction and looked back at Hestia. "I'll be back to talk to you, I miss my guild sister." He smiled and practically dragged Arsenal away from Hestia. "Sorry!" He said to the man, "I didn't know you had a problem with big crowds. How about this, every time you get a little anxious, you squeeze my hand, and I will help deflect attention from you, or get you away from the anxious point?" He asked the man, hoping to cool his nerves. "I'm here for you babe, I promise." He gave the man a cute kiss on the cheek, and looked up to see a familiar bluenette player. Calypso? I thought she wasn't one for parties, who's that man she is with? He is definitely a looker. He shook his head and looked at another group of two, a woman talking to a cloaked man. Oh F***, that's Hikoru. His eyes went wide with excitement, but he tried to hide it. Since he was level 1, he heard about Hikoru, being able to hit hard and never be touched. "Oop sorry, just saw someone I think really highly of, anyways." He blushed and rubbed the back of Nicholas's hand soothingly.

@Calypso@Arsenal@Hestia@Hikoru

Hikoru just gave a laugh as @Cosi went to be his usual self. He nodded towards @Shield as he noticed him next to Cosi. "Good to see you. Hope the armor is treating you well." He spoke kindly. He was about to comment something else, but the large call of @Baldur jumped him a bit. He turned to see Baldur, and he bowed towards Cosi to introduce himself. He just gave a smile and came up to Baldur, avoiding the belt of blades he gave the man, the man he now almost saw as a mentor and gave him a hug. He hugged for a moment and pulled away with a smile on his lips. "It's good to see you. While I had no part in making this party, I still made it nonetheless." He said with a laugh. He grabbed a mug of coffee he made at home and started to take a sip, ignoring the cold that surrounded him. He was about to swallow when he heard a small, feminine voice. He jumped and choked on his drink as he turned towards a small girl ( @Minako ) and nodded. "Hello, the-" He started, as she started to flirt with him. He immediately got flustered and turned away, a large blush on his lips. He had never been flirted with other than Vale, and she usually was a lot smoother than that. He quietly sipped his drink without a word, staring at the ground.

Prometheus smiles. A party? Hell yeah. Being on the fourth floor was his least favorite pass time, but it was the best place to hunt. And this party made the suffering worth it. So, this is how I get arrested? Lets find out. He walks in and smiles. "Hello, I'm the god of fire." He says to a few random player, shooting finger guns at them. The two random ladies walk away with a scoff and roll of their eyes. I should've expected that outcome. That wasn't my best line. He chuckles, having fun at a party he didn't even know about until ten minutes ago. Christmas is so boring without the fireplace to shove the annoying people into. He moves over to the man running the raffle. "Put me down for the Will-O-Wisp, would ya hoss?" He tilts his head forward and walks over to the refreshments table. "The selections here are great, but can't drink with a helmet, so I'll pass." He moves to a back alley, equipping a more casual outfit, revealing his face, but with no name. "I am Katsuki, What's yours?" The man asks a girls he had first seen under his secret identity. The man has black hair, and purple eyes, with a small burn above his right eyebrow, But his hair covers the burn for the most part. His gentle smile hides truly sinister thoughts for a living, and his eyes almost always following suit.

((OOC Tags: @Ulaan & @Kian))

As the boy blushed and turned away so did Minako. The tips of her fingers touched each other again and again in nervousness. She took in a deep chilled breath through her nose as she tried to recollect her thoughts. He had only managed half a sentence, only a word or two. Progress. That's twice as many words as she normally got. Yeah, she had this. She could nail this. She turned again to face his shoulder. "S-Sorry!" She nearly exclaimed. "I'm just, new at this whole social interaction in person sort of thing." She said, trying to explain herself.

She was always a shut in, her parents fighting all the time and herself never really going outside too often. She always locked herself away in her room, her studio as she called it. But talking to usernames is one thing, talking to people? That was another thing. Perhaps that's what was making her so nervous. She let out a small cough. "I'm Minako." She said, introducing herself to the boy. "And you are? I mean, besides handsome." She said quickly. @Hikoru

"Oh sh*t. A party... And no Misako... Guess I'm not going there." He turns, noticing a face he recognized in as a frontliner. It was someone he had only heard of. Is that him? I'm guessing that's him. Let's find out. He pulls himself together and slides off of the roof he was on gracefully, dropping into the middle of the crowd, but then remembering that he was in a crowd and getting flustered. Why would you do that? Are you some kind of idiot? Well, now you're never gonna make it to the player you've spent weeks tracking down to no avail. His eyes race, looking for a way out. All the ways out seem to have crowds right next to them, getting out is gonna be hell. Might as well get to the player before disappearing into the night like a moody teenager again. He forces a smile and pushes through most of the faceless players as his eyes land on a man being swarmed almost. A girl, a fanboy, and a few friends. Wow, approaching a target has never been easier. Though he appears to be enjoying himself. Wonder what that's like. He cuts through and Reaches the man. "I need to talk to him for a second ma'am, I'll have him back by midnight." He gives @Minako a fake smile and turns to @Hikoru. "I need your help with something." He says, a serious and emotionless face.

@Cosi had been perfectly sufficient company considering Shield's reluctance to attend in the first place. He was a kindred, somber spirit, in a sense. The greeting from @Hikoru was also pleasant, and he returned it with a nod and about as much of a smile as he felt willing to give, which was not nothing. The surprise hug from @Baldur, on the other hand, was entirely more than he had bargained for. "The armor is a perfect fit for my build, Hik. I really appreeeee-" He grimaced slightly as he lost most of his lungful of air to the hug, though he did not reject the gesture. Once he was at arm's length again, he cleared his throat and tried his best to return the greeting. "Hello, Baldur. It's good to see you as well. I thought about the keys, but you're right. Anything that offers a temporary bonus is less useful than a permanen-ACK!"

He had turned his head upon feeling @Calypso's touch. Sensing the relative height difference between himself and the mystery shoulder tapper, he automatically went to stoop as he turned. In doing so, Calypso's finger went straight into his eye. Although there was no pain, the shock of it caused him to double over so that bare legs, the hem of a skirt, and high boots filled his vision. He straightened up, his face flushed nearly as red as his hat and his spine as stiff as the many candy canes that decked every square inch of the square. When he realized whose legs he had unintentionally gotten an eye full of - for some reason - his face flushed doubly red. "Callie!" he exclaimed, his voice practically cracking from surprise and general sensory overload. He panted slightly from the sudden shock and the startled racing of his pulse. "I'm glad you got my- I mean it's good to- You look really nice." He avoided her gaze and cleared his throat loudly. Suddenly, Shield was very claustrophobic, and his eyes darted around for an exit. "Welp, it was lovely to see all of you, but I think I'm going to go look around the festival. Callie?" he said, intending to reach out for her elbow, but in his rush, it turned into a grab and a pull, practically yanking her away from the others.

After he had taken them about half way across the square, he felt a wriggling on his shoulder. "Oh, Lilith." He stopped and reached up, taking her down manually given her inability to slither in her sweater. He draped her over Danesh and let her sort out the rest from there. Finally, he turned his dark eyes onto Calypso properly. "Sorry. I don't do crowds or big holiday festivities like this. That was a lot all at once. I'm glad you made it." His face was finally beginning to drain back to its original color, but with the realization of how his exit must have looked to those who hadn't seen him with Callie before, his cheeks had not completely changed back just yet.

Baldur smiled when the Master of Shadows greeted him by way of a hug. Another player higher than Baldur would he had forged an almost mentorship role with. He didn't have time to wonder long about though, as he greeted the man warmly.

"It's good to see you too Hikoru-kun. I'm glad even if you didn't make the party, that you decided to get into the spirit and join one."

Just then @Hikoru was approached by a young, cute girl who was dressed to kill. She seemed to approach Hikoru shyly, and Baldur turned to face the master of shadows, allowing him a moment of youth as the two love birds stammered at each other. There was something familiar about the girl, but Baldur couldn't place it. She must have just been a cute young girl that caught his eye from time to time as one lives in the floor. There were tons of faces he saw regularly as people tended to collect on their favorite floors, and the population of the tower segregated.

The awkward chemistry between the two of them was endearing, and Baldur watched, sipping his hot chocolate as only a wizened old man with the perspective of years behind him could.

Then the girl finally introduced herself to him, and Baldur, who had only been half listening as he followed the threads of several conversations, almost choked on his hot chocolate.

"Oh wow, that's where I recognize you from!" Baldur said, stepping forward suddenly between Hikoru and Santa girl.

"You're the @Minako, from ViewTube! I watched your videos all  the time while I was trying to learn Japanese! I never understood unboxing videos until I saw your review of the Super Sentai Katana Pink Go! cosplay accessory set. And your cosplay tutorial for your Umberion Monster Hunter XI cross over was amazing! I was so sad when I missed you at Comiket! I waited in line for hours to get your autograph! Your unboxing for the NerveGear was the last video I watched. I was so excited! Wow! It's so nice to finally get to meet you in person!" The normally calm and composed samurai forgot himself and reached out with his hand like a gaijin and took her hand, shaking it excitedly.

Osgii and her sister had made their way back up to the fourth foloor in interest of possibly meeting up with their contact once more. They had received their professions and were getting ready to deal with them. Once they had arrived at the settlement though, they found that everything was decorated in holiday cheer. Though the two of them had never really liked the holidays, it was still nice to see that there were celebrations. The only problem was that everything that seemed to be there was far too out of their budgets. Hopefully these items would return later. And perhaps they could begin to hoard them so that they could sell them at a higher price. All that would require an investment though. One that she wasn't to keen on making. Instead, she wandered around the place  with her twin in hopes that there was a couple freebies they might be able to shell out later.

As Beelii wandered about the town with her twin sister, she realized that there were quite a few stronger players about. Though she wasn't sure how well many of these introverts would respond to her, it might be fun to mess around with them. There seemed to already be a few awkward relationships brewing, and people disengaging from conversations as best as they could. The person Beelii set her eyes on though seemed to be a bit more of her type. At the very least, it would be better than some of the bad flirting she had witnessed going on elsewhere. "I'm Kian." She didn't say much for the moment, instead getting herself a little bit closer.  Noticing a little bit of scar tissue, she reached up to brush his hair out of the way. "You know, you shouldn't hide yourself like that. The fire behind your eyes will be much brighter." A playful smile came across her lips as she went back down from her tip toes.

@Prometheus

And in a flash Cosi was left alone, @Shield left with a girl, @Hikoru was practically dragged away by one, and @Baldur, someone Cosi hardly knew, become enamored with a female of his own though it seemed like the samurai was more interested in her like a fan was interested in a celebrity. Cosi grinned and waved goodbye to the three front liners, even giving Hikoru a wink. He'd have to spend some more time with them later. Still the blonde haired tank was left alone with his pet snake, "Everyone's got a girl Ladon except us." Cosi said to his serpent, scratching his scaled head, "let's go find something to eat- actually some hot cocoa sounds nice- and a nice fire to sit by." And with that Cosi went off to find the desires objects. The hot chocolate was easy to find- vendors were practically throwing the stuff at passerby's and Cosi ended up with a couple festive cookies as well. The fire was harder to find since Cosi felt like begin alone for a change. There would be plenty of time for engaging with friends and strangers but right now he needed a spell to be alone. Cosi managed to find a campfire surrounded by empty chairs a little ways away from all the hustle and bustle.

Nicholas was really anxious until Spencer pulled him away. Then he noticed that Spencer was really distracted by the player nearby. Who the hell is he? Why is Spencer so distracted by another player? Is he like, an idol or something. He can't quite figure out who it is, and he almost never forgets a face. Guess I've never heard of him. "Sounds like a plan sweetie. So, who do you want to go spend time with?" He asks, looking around for people he could introduce himself to. Oh sh*t, is that Dustin? He hides behind Spencer. "Don't make direct eye contact, That'll get his attention." He can't help but not want to stress Spencer out with Dustin. They're gonna have to meet eventually, but Dustin literally comes on stronger than parents. Especially my parents. Kadin's death didn't help either. He sort of spins Spencer around to make extra sure He didn't lock eyes with Dustin and swiftly pulls him in for a long kiss. This should keep him distracted enough to make sure he doesn't accidentally meet Dustin. Which, I love Dustin to death, but damn is he intense. He pulls back and smiles, completely forgetting why he had just pulled Spencer in for such a kiss.

@Spencer

He was already on the Fourth Floor when he got her invitation. Huddled up in that damp cave, the crackling of a fire in front of him the only sound to be heard above the howling of winter winds, amplified in its depths. Pinball frowned as he read the message, cold hands stuffed in his warm jacket pockets. He wanted to trust her. He really did. But he couldn't bring himself to. Trusting someone led to him caring about them in kind, and when he cared about people, he hurt them. 
There was a Christmas Event. Pinball was wondering when something like that was going to be showing up. Players far and wide were drawn to Events like moths to a flame, he knew. Players of all level. Players he knew, players he had never met, and probably players he wanted to avoid. 
But he wanted to see what it was all about. He took a deep breath, pulling a few choice items from his inventory. "I'll be in and out," he murmured to himself. "Just poke my head in and see what's happening." Shaky fingers tugged on the straps to the mask he had worn to the Masquerade Ball so long ago. "And then I'll leave...

Leather boots carried the teenager through the white forest, leaving deep footprints in the snow behind him. He skirted along the edge of the Safe Zone, drawn in, captivated by the distant sight and sound of lights and voices. He tried to calm his nerves. This was really stupid. It was like he was setting himself up to be caught. He had killed somebody. Why was he here? For what, really? Who was he going to see? Dustin? Stryder? Hestia? Worse? 
But he pushed himself onwards, through the cold. He wanted to see them. He wanted to see what he could have had. He wanted to see the people he had cared about - the people he had hurt - happy. He wanted to feel happy for them. He wanted to feel something. 

Pinball cast away his doubts, emptying his minds, and ducked into the Safe Zone. Wearing his Kitsune Mask and cloaked in deep black cloth, he scampered through alleys and around buildings, steering clear of the main roads of the small settlement. Quick - quick and he wouldn't be caught. Or was it slow and steady? As the distant lights got closer and the muffled voices got louder, Pinball slowed to a stop, edging towards the back of one of the buildings that more or less encircled the Event. He jumped, kicking his boot into the wall and pushing himself into the air, catching the edge of the roof by the rafters. He pulled himself up as promptly and as silently as he could. Then he positioned himself flat on his stomach, and slowly, carefully, edged his way up to the roof's incline. Gingerly, he poked his head up and a bit over the edge, taking in the sights...

Stealth: ID#110643 LD: 18 

Edited by Pinball

Fae made a slightly pouty face as @Itzal told her she couldn't play, before giving a small salute when he said that he was taking the role of watching over others during the festival. Fae nodded her head when he told her that someone else might have fun playing with her. "Okey dokey mister! Bye bye!" Fae said before turning around and walking away, looking around and not realizing that he had looked towards someone else for her. She kept was going to join the kids again, but now she decided to join the raffle, anything to get friends really. So Fae strolled up to @Benny and tugged at his arm as she usually did to get his attention. "Hi mister! Can you enter Fae in the raffle? Fae's gonna bring you back a cool drawing in a bit too! It's gonna be all Christmasy!" Fae asked excitedly. She looked around more after entering the raffle, spotting @Prometheus and running up to him quickly. "Hi pal! Fae is happy to see you again!" Fae said, hugging him and wrapping her arms around his waist. It was nice seeing the guy again, someone who didn't hate her yet.

Minako pouted to herself as the guy she was talking to was swiftly taken away. He must of been popular if he was being whisked away so soon. But then he appeared from seemingly nowhere. Tall, lean, and handsome. Minako's face stays flushed as he towered over her, seemingly staring intently on her face. Then his expression went from curious, to surprised. And from surprised, to excited. Oh no. Minako immediately put up her hands in self defence as she expected the slough of hate. But, instead he began to ramble about her videos. He face grew even redder with embarrassment as he brought up her cosplaying videos. A silly trend she did that she never expected to take off.

Nearly her entire arm moved as the man shook her hand. "It, it's nice to meet you too." She said, nervously. "I'm glad you e-enjoyed my videos." She said, giving a head nod to the man as he voice softened and trailed off. Why was she so nervous? It wasn't like he hated her, or else he wouldn't have shook her hand or greeted himself so politely. "Oh! You missed me at Comeiket?" She said, nervously. She had to think back to that specific convention. She remembered that she had the autograph session, and then she had a panel after that, and immediately after that she was hosting for the cosplay contest. "Y-yeah. It was Ki-kinda hectic." She said, still stuttering, unable to comprehend her own thoughts and how to approach the man in front of her as her hands fell to her lap. @Baldur

Action: Searching for Hidden players
ID# 110644- LD: 17+5 (from items)= 22- Result: @Pinball Spotted

Cosi sat by the crackly fire, warm cocoa in his hands, his snake curled around his neck, and simply watched as players and NPCs walking by talking and laughing. Cosi sighed and looked down into his mug. It was at that moment that his draconian ring lit up with a faint emerald glow. Cosi quickly looked around knowing that flash could only mean one thing: something near was hidden. And since he was in a safe zone it was almost certainly a player. Cosi scanned the nearby rooftops and spotted a person clad in black and wearing a mask. Cosi didn't know what the player was doing up there but he decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, "Hey Mate! yeah you on they roof!" Cosi shouted just loud enough for the hidden player to hear,  "I can tell you that the view is better down here so why down you come have a seat? I promise you I won't say anything or tell anyone you're here. Heck you can sit in the shadows over there.Cosi pointed to the shadow cast by the nearby building. "Up to you mate." Then Cosi spotted another player although this one wasn't trying so hard to hide, "hey @Katagawa! Over here!" Cosi waved to the girl, motioning for her to come over.

It had been a long time since Lessa had visited the fourth floor. Though many of the memories that lingered there were good, they belonged to a time she hoped to detach herself from. Even friendly ghosts have no place hanging around me, she had decided, a firm commitment to herself that she would spend less time dwelling on the past. The winter wonderland, with its diamond-shard snowflakes and Christmas-year-round spirit was one place that she knew she would have to avoid were she to keep her word.

As such, her stomach gave a little flip as she emerged from the transporter. It was that unusual tug of nostalgia, like hearing an old song she'd associated with an ex boyfriend or an important event. But the feeling faded quickly, drawing more distant with each step she took. In fact, after a few strides, Lessa found herself enjoying the muted crunch of snow beneath her worn, brown knee-high boots. And the gleam in her wide, blue eyes was not entirely from the twinkling Christmas lights.

The massive Christmas tree was surely impressive, but the massive man was even more-so. Attracted immediately by Benny's enormous stature, Lessa found herself drawn toward him. The smile that curved from below the bushy mustache simply oozed holiday spirit, and she found herself matching his expression as she approached. That smile only grew when she caught sight of Baldur; his Samurai get-up was unmistakable. She, on the other hand, seemed woefully under-dressed in brown boots, black leggings, and a long, flowing green blouse. The brown jacket would have cut the chill, were it not for her <<Survival>> skill. As it was, the jacket simply added to the ensemble.

Drawing closer, she caught the sound of his voice rising over the holiday din. He spoke excitedly, with a sort of cadence she had rarely seen him use. At first, it was concern that ghosted across her face. But as she finally began to understand what was happening, amusement warmed her cheeks, and danced in her eyes as she approached.

She toyed with the idea of completely humiliating her friend, but decided against it. Later, she promised herself, she would rib him about the exchange. Instead, she simply walked up to the small party, smiled, and lifted a single hand in greeting. "Hi there."

@Baldur @Hikoru @Minako

Edited by Lessa