[PP/Floor1] The First of the Dragons

The dragon loomed ahead and Jinx, Dustin and Mace had already engaged the beast. First with Jinx getting its attention the other two had landed decent hits, and Gryas first thought that was a good thing then realized the red markings indicating who the dragon was targeting... Those critical hits had increased their hate and if he did not do something fast then this could take a turn for the worst. 
Jumping ahead Gryas used the Howl ability. He had not had a chance to use it before but with a bellow he yelled at the dragon getting its attention "Over here you scaly bastard!" Gryas circled around the beast making it turn its back to the rest of the party and readied his shield for the next attack. This was what he had been training for, protecting others. Gryas was not too sure if he could take multiple hits from this beast but luckily he was not the only tank in the party. For now though when the dragon attacked Gryas would hit it back with the damage from his thorns.

Rhaegal: HP: 91/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 | Stunned -1 EVA

Action - Howl (+3 Hate)

[2] Jinx: HP 340/340 | EN: 24/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[2] Dustin: 361/380 HP | 32/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3 [Paralyzed]

[3] Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 18/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[0] @Arabelle:
[2] Mace: HP 140/140 | EN: 9/14 | 40 MIT | 4 DMG 

Spoiler

Skills

Combat:
» Block - Rank 1 [+5 MIT]

» Howl - 10 Energy, Post Action. +3 Hate up to 4 targets

Armour skills:
» Heavy Armour - Rank 1 [+8 MIT]

Inventory

Battle Ready Weapons/Equipment:
» Resilience [Heavy Armor: Mit 3]

» Spiked Ivory Guardian [Shied: Thorns 2, Taunt 1]

» Oathkeeper [1H Straight Sword: Accuracy +3]

» » 2 x Life Potions (+120HP)

Edited by Gryas
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the fight had already begun. The Other Girl started it off with an unpleasing clanging noise, the result of her banging her rapier against her shield. Arabelle winced. She supposed that counted as a <<Howl>>. Effective, but a bit lame. Then again, The Other Girl always found a way to make things lame. Dustin went in, dealing an impressive amount of damage against the dragon with his sword and quickly disengaging after taking some damage. From his movements, she could tell that he was already pretty used to combat. "Better match up to him, Shi-chan," she hummed, drawing her large scythe from its sheath. 

The emerald dragon spread its wings and let out a loud, ear-piercing screech. Arabelle grit her teeth and momentarily let go of her scythe to bring one hand up to cover her ear. One Sword Art in and it was crying already. What a baby. She recovered upon hearing the Gryas's taunt and glanced up to see the mob momentarily <<Stunned>>. "Oooh, my turn!" She gripped the handle of her scythe with both hands and sprinted forward. As she neared, the weapon's blade began to glow a bright green and she jumped, unleashing the fully-charged Sword Art in the form of a strong uppercut to the stunned dragon's head. She neatly landed on the ground and moved away from its range. 

It was only then that she noticed how much damage her strongest and most awesome-looking Sword Art had actually dealt: 1 DMG.

"How much MIT does this thing have?!"

This was a terrible miscalculation.

Spoiler

ID: 111329 | BD: 7 | MD: [no roll, stunned]

5 * 3 = 15 - 25 = 1

Rhaegal: HP: 90/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 | Stunned -1 EVA [-1 HP]

[2] @JinxHP 340/340 | EN: 24/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[2] Dustin: 361/380 HP | 32/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3 [Paralyzed]

[3] Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 18/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[1] Arabelle: HP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para. [-3 EN]

[received Deus Tempus from Dustin in an earlier post. stats have been edited accordingly]

Edited by Arabelle

Jinx felt something in her chest watching the group move towards the dragon with little hesitation, was this what Stryder felt when he lead the guild into battle? It felt...overwhelming, and while there was something she couldn't place her finger on, she could taste the fear. If someone died, it was her fault....she couldn't...couldn't let that happen.....

Right as that thought crossed the girls passive mind, the worst timed attacked...Rhaegal stuck against Dustin! Had...had her howl not been good enough?! The monster should have targetted her, why hadn't it?! She felt the feeling in her chest vanish, to be replaced with something she didn't like. A tighness in her chest, and she could hear each heartbeat in her chest pounding inside her ear, each breath seemed louder...! Her mind was being too active, but...but Dustin had been...!!! 

She moved to Dustins side, placing her Rapier on the ground and checking to see if the boy was ok "D-dustin i'm..i'm so sorry! I thought my Howl would....!.!!!" What the girl would have said collapsed as the dragon's loud screetch made Alisea flinch and buck. She'd always been sensitive to loud noises, but her ear muffs could only nullify so much and the noise felt like a dagger being rammed into the girls head! She collapsed onto the ground completely, tightly gripping her head as wave after waver of pain crashed into her. It felt like her head was about to split into two!!

"D-du....." The girl tried to speak, but there was nothing to come out as her overally active mind overloaded and the girl started to fail. Curled over, the girl glanced at the boy to see him...just as bad as her. Curled up...The girl felt a stronger wave of pain crash into her, each heart heat was starting to hurt within her chest...And yet, there was soemthing there...a desire to, act! 

Jinx was on her knees, and yet, she yelled as loudly as she could. An attempt as a battle cry, that was much higher pitch than she had intended, and yet, the Dragons' eyes zeroed in on her as her Howl ability took effect. The pain echoed and pulsed through her body again "I...I will...not let...hurt him!" The girl failed to form a proper sentence, and couldn't even hold her rapier as the pain bloomed through her. Kneeling and leaning on her shield, she just hoped...it wouldn't target Dustin...She was his stand..a-and had to...had to...do...s-something...

*Ability used:* HOWL <10 EN> +2Hate to Jinx

Spoiler

Rhaegal: HP: 90/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 | Stunned -1 EVA [-1 HP]

[4] Jinx:  HP 340/340 | EN: 14/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[2] @Dustin: 361/380 HP | 32/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3 [Paralyzed]

[1] Arabelle: HP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para. [-3 EN]

Dustin struggles to his feet, wavering a little as he stands. “Jinx, don’t worry about me, I can take this.” He says with a weak smile as he starts towards the dragon. He felt different, but the same. The ringing in his ears had yet to fade, so he heard nothing beyond his thoughts. Am I really that reckless? Am I really that dangerous to be around? Am I a plague on this game’s players? He picks up his sword as it begins to glow, usually this would be followed with a smile, but this time a blank face walks up to the dragon as he once again stabs the monster five times in the shape of a star. His blade drops, his wrist spinning followed by his waist, as he pulls his arm up lightning fast it gets caught and sliced right up the monster as it travels through the air. Am I just a burden on everyone I fight alongside. This guild is my family, but do I belong? Am I really helping to make a difference in this game?

The ringing begins to fade, as Dustin’s senses finally return to him. Everyone seems so quiet though. They’re in battle, why don’t they speak? He looks at their mouths and frowns, or is it that I can’t hear? He pushes off of the dragon and rolls back next to the girl in his party. “Are you okay? You seem to be overwhelmed. If you are, then run, I can handle this prick by myself.” He says, looking back towards the dragon as he speaks and points his sword at it. Just an annoyance. Just a means to an end. The monsters in this game are nothing to me. That’s why they all must Die. He stands proud on the batlefield, his stomach red from the attack, but the monster does not move. That is, until its tail comes flying at Dustin as he manages to narrowly Dodge it. “Come on slitherin, you’re better than that.” He rests the blade on his shoulder, waiting for the next moment for him to strike.

Spoiler

ID: 111628

BD: 9

Star Quint Prominence on Rhaegal

7 + 1 = 8 * 6 = 48 - 25 = 23 DMG

90 - 23 = 67 HP

MD: 3

Miss

LD: 7

No bonus attack

Spoiler

Rhaegal: HP: 67/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 | Stunned -1 EVA [-1 HP]

[4] Jinx:  HP 340/340 | EN: 14/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[4] Dustin: 364/380 HP | 27/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 0 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3

[3] @Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 18/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[1] @ArabelleHP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para. [-3 EN]
[2] @MaceHP 140/140 | EN: 9/14 | 40 MIT | 4 DMG 

Edited by Dustin

Mace Looks at the other party thinking a bit as she sees Dustin do his normal risk living moves and not caring about dying at all even if he got hit. It seems it was her turn to take a swing at the monster and Mace was a bit taken back by the fact that she needed to attack again. For sure Luck would not help her now as she Yelled over to the Dragon to get its attention "Ugly Beast get over here!" she said to the dragon as it turned her way taking its look of the first party and to the second. The dragon moved up with speed and Mace was ready to counter-attack it but sadly the dragon saw it coming and before Mace could deal another blow to his head, the dragon itself moved up to he hind legs as Mace try to smash its head in. The Dragon landed again and Mace held up her shield to protect herself from the dragon.

But the Dragon did not attack and was staring at the Shield before turning itself to Gryas and swinging its tail against Mace pushing her a bit out of the combat. "Urg... Stupid thing," She said low, as he lowered her shield to look what the dragon was planning to do as it seemed it was charging for an attack to strike at Gryas, If he or Arabelle did not act fast now it would mean Gryas was getting a full hit from the dragon.

ID:# 111640 | BD: 4 MISS | -2 Energy | +1 Energy Regen |

Spoiler

Rhaegal: HP: 67/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50

Jinx:  HP 340/340 | EN: 14/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[4] Dustin: 364/380 HP | 27/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 0 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3

[3] @Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 18/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[1] @ArabelleHP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para. 
[2] @MaceHP 140/140 | EN: 8/14 | 40 MIT | 4 DMG 

Edited by Mace

From watching the dragon move Gryas could tell that the beasts attention was still fixated on Dustin which was not good, if it attacked him it was distracting him from dealing damage to the thing. He readied his howl skill again and let loose a bellow of challenge to get the dragons attention. A clawed talon swung out for Gryas which which he dodged to the left in the same direction as the swing so when he took it on his shield the impact was lessened. 
Seeing Arabelle on the other side of the dragon getting ready to attack Gryas pushed forward and struck with his sword upwards towards its side under the wing. The dragon dodged to the side lifting its wing to avoid the attack, and that was exactly what Gryas had hoped as the beast now exposed its side under the wing near Arabelle. "Strike now!" Gryas called towards her.

Action - Howl (+3 Hate)

Rhaegal: HP: 67/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50

[4]Jinx:  HP 340/340 | EN: 14/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>

[6] Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 4/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[1] @ArabelleHP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para. 
[2]  MaceHP 140/140 | EN: 8/14 | 40 MIT | 4 DMG 

Edited by Gryas

So now the responsibility of dealing damage rested solely on her new favorite guildmate, Dustin. That was perfectly fine. His attack from earlier took off a large chunk of HP from the dragon hatchling and going by his current level, he should have enough energy for a few more hits. So - Arabelle's eyes narrowed as she circled around to the dragon's left side while the tanks on her team positioned themselves to the right and held its attention - why is he dealing less damage this time?! Was his level lower than she thought it was after all? Did he burn out somehow? Was he using a much weaker Sword Art with a guaranteed stun? That didn't make sense. The Other Girl's level and Mitigation, as annoying as her general attitude towards things was, should be high enough to tank a bunch of direct hits from the dragon. Her performance in the gathering mission the other day - even if all she did was <<Howl>> lamely off into the distance and panic everytime she was attacked - was the source on this.

Mace missed her <<Stun>>. Gryas let out a <<Howl>> and called out for her to attack. Arabelle reversed her grip on her weapon and didn't hesitate. The dragon lifted its wing and she quickly ducked underneath it - oh god, if it folded its wing now, I would be toast -  and ran along its exposed side, the sharp end of her scythe's blade cutting through its flesh as she passed through. Upon reaching the end, the small purple-haired girl stopped and whirled around. She bent her legs, gripped her scythe tighter, and launched herself into the air, delivering a crippling strike to its back. 

1 DMG. <<Paralyzed>>.

She hopped off the incapacitated hatchling, slightly dissatisfied. Well, if she couldn't deal more than one damage per attack, the best she could do now was follow up on Mace's failed stuns and help keep their tank alive by making him take less hits.

Spoiler

ID: 111666 | BD: 9 [crit +1, paralyze procs] | MD: [paralyzed]

Rhaegal: HP: 66/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 [-1 HP]

[4] @Jinx:  HP 340/340 | EN: 14/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[4] Dustin: 364/380 HP | 27/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 0 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3

[6] Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 4/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[3] Arabelle: HP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para. 
[2]  Mace: HP 140/140 | EN: 8/14 | 40 MIT | 4 DMG 

Edited by Arabelle
  • 2 weeks later...

Jinx was entirely overwhelmed mentally, as her overload had kicked in during battle. Two years ago, she knew the chances of this happening were high and had elected for a tank build for that reason alone. The harder she was to kill...the more mistakes she could make, right?....At least, that had been the plan. Which did not involve her with a splitting headache that made it near impossible to move at all! 

Alisea Dariem could feel each beat of her heart, it pulsed under her skin as in her veins were alive, it pounded in her ears like a drum, deafening her every few seconds. The bright lights blinded her eye that wasn't protected by her eye-patch! The infomration the world had to offer was too much for the girl, and in those few moments, her entire body shut down. Collapsing against her shield, she did all she could and focused on her breathing. Trying to slow it down, trying to...!

Dustins world shattered the world that was her breathing, even with her earmuffs on and clearly visible now, the noises cut through her like a knife and she found herself trying to cover her ears, her Rapier discarded on the ground. She looked at him, and he was so right...She....she couldn't do this, she was a useless burden...

"I won't run away...I promised myself i...i wouldn't, back away..." She said to the boy, and the wind carried her voice right to the dragon, whose eyes turned onto her. Closing her only usable eye, the girl gripped tightly onto her shield as she yelled "I won't abandon you dammit! ..." Her entire body shivered violently as she tried to push away the pain in her head, as her brain tried, ever to hard, to reduce the stimuli that was currently cripping the girl 

Action: HOWL

Spoiler

Rhaegal: HP: 67/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 | Stunned -1 EVA [-1 HP]

[6] Jinx:  HP 340/340 | EN: 14/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[4] @Dustin: 364/380 HP | 27/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 0 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3

[3] Gyras: HP 180/180 | EN: 18/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[1] Arabelle: HP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para. [-3 EN]
[2] Mace: HP 140/140 | EN: 9/14 | 40 MIT | 4 DMG 

Dustin watched Jinx, perplexed completely by her words. It’s not abandonment if they tell you to go. He stares for a few moments, then spins around and begins to start to charge his sword art, wondering if there was any reason to do what he was already planning on doing. Yes there is. With every successful hit so far you’ve undone the howl. I have to do this so she can do her job properly. He smirks as he runs in, carefully placing his feet and his body’s tilt just perfect to hit it. Then the immortal object sign pops up as Dustin’s sword gets caught in a tree just enough to count as activating the sword art. “Damn.” He utters, trying to pull his blade out of the tree. That stuck more than I thought it would.

As the boy pulls on his sword stuck in a tree, the monster’s tail shoots past towards Jinx, hitting her with ridiculous force and kicking up a little dust as it does. Wow Kayaba, you made the dust able to be kicked up? This was an obsession, not a game. He gets his blade out and stumbles back into the tail. I bet my team thinks I’m an idiot, but what they don’t know is what I was doing. They don’t know that I’ve done nothing but overcome Jinx’s howls, so I’m letting her get ahead. But it’s too dangerous to just wait for her to get ahead. He watches the monster’s HP hoping to see it drop even one pixel to know if she was hurt or not. But instead he sees hers drop in the corner of his screen.

”Sorry Jinx, I couldn’t keep him off ya. I guess I’ll just have to kill him instead.”

Spoiler

ID: 111971

BD: 2

MD: 10

Critical Strike on Jinx

52 - 47 = 5 DMG

340 - 5 = 335 HP

Spoiler

Rhaegal: HP67/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 | Stunned -1 EVA [-1 HP]

[6] Jinx:  HP 335/340 | EN: 14/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[4] Dustin: 367/380 HP | 26/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 0 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3

[3] @Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 18/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[1] @ArabelleHP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para. [-3 EN]
[2] @MaceHP 140/140 | EN: 9/14 | 40 MIT | 4 DMG 

Edited by Dustin

Mace looks at how the battle moved on and She nodded to herself, No time to waste now, I need to land a Hit to make sure Gryas guy stays Safe, Mace thinks moving in to attack.  "HEAD UP!" She yells before moving up to the dragon and at the last second jumps up to get at the same hight as the dragon's face. Then she smashed down her Hammer glows before hitting the dragon on the head as it moves back and slowly moving his head as it seems that the dragon getting a bit moving around and he seems to be stunned after he just got out of his Paralyze as well. "I...I did it," Mace says nervously as she landed down on the ground again, you could tell that she was proud of herself but still not very happy as she was kind of the meaning that it was going so well as She kept stunning the dragon over and over again and it was quite Nice to do so but still It was not good to have many eyes on herself.

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 112312
BD: 7 HIT | 4*2=8-25= 1 DMG | Stunned

Rhaegal: HP66/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 | Stunned

[6] Jinx:  HP 335/340 | EN: 14/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[4] Dustin: 367/380 HP | 26/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 0 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3

[6] @Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 18/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[1] @ArabelleHP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para. [-3 EN]
[3] @MaceHP 140/140 | EN: 5/14 | 40 MIT | 4 DMG 

Edited by Mace
  • 2 weeks later...

Gryas moved up as he saw Mace charge in and strike the dragon with her weapon landing a solid hit and stunning it. It was a solid strike and in most cases would be what you would hope for in a battle, keeping the enemy from attacking. Gryas felt a but ashamed as he realized that he actually wanted the dragon to hit him. This was not a matter of protecting others, he was doing that just fine by keeping the dragons attention, it was more of a desire to prove something to himself, that he could get hit around by a beast like this and still keep fighting. 
Measuring up his target Gryas jumped up and cut with an upwards slash going for the boned ridge of the dragons face and aiming for the eye. Even though he could not deal much damage to this creature he could at least keep its attention. The strike hit true, indeed it was one of the better attacks he had made. Perhaps he should have aimed to be a damage dealer in stead of a tank? But no, he wanted to protect not kill.

Roll ID: # 112428
BD: 10 HARD CRIT | 1 DMG

Rhaegal: HP63/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 | Stunned

[9] Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 4/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[1] @ArabelleHP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para. [-3 EN]
[3] Mace: HP 140/140 | EN: 5/14 | 40 MIT | 4 DMG 

Edited by Gryas

Their lame tank's cry (no, not you guys. the Other one) echoed from the farther side of the battle. The sharp end of Arabelle's scythe hooked the <<Stunned>> dragon's jaw and mustering all her strength, she pushed against her weapon and forcefully brought the dragon's head down against the hard ground. 1 DMG. Damnnn. Turns out she was just as lame, too. The small purple-haired girl pulled her scythe free and moved to a safer distance as the mob's status effect wore off.

The dragon's HP hadn't gone down any significant amount since Dustin's attack from the last round. And even then, his damage output hadn't been as high as his first attack. The other team was definitely having problems. She tuned out the sounds of banging metal and quickly searched through the battlefield. Though she hated to admit it, they were the key to getting out of this quest alive, so -

The Other Girl would feel a sharp tap on her shoulder.

"I can't deal any more than one damage," Arabelle admitted with a displeased frown. The Other Girl was starting to seem overwhelmed, moreso with Dustin having to take one of the hits for her, and she could tell that it was damaging their DPS's morale. "But Mace and I can still stun it so it hits Gryas less. So it's up to you guys. Stop overreacting and pay attention to your stats. I can't see it, but I can estimate that your HP values haven't even passed 80 yet."  - Basing it off from her guildmates' stats from the gathering trip the other day, with the assumption that they shot up at least three levels, and her estimate on the dragon's DMG stat. It can't be any higher than what they faced on Floor 22. - "That thing can't possibly kill either of you if you tried. That's all. Go and do your thing."

When facing a problem, always go straight for its roots! 

She totally didn't do it because she was worried or anything! Baka!

Spoiler

ID: 112580 | BD: 7 | MD: [stunned]

Rhaegal: HP63/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 | [-1 HP]

[6] @Jinx:  HP 335/340 | EN: 14/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>

[9] Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 18/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[4] ArabelleHP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para.

[ooc: jinx forgot the 1 dmg arabelle dealt (and also the 2 hate) last round. gryas mistakenly subtracted 3 hp instead of 1. mob and player stats changed to reflect correct values.]

Edited by Arabelle

Sensory overload had always been her biggest weakness, ever since she was born and nearly died in birth. It was something Alisea Dariem was more than aware was her biggest flaw, however...the pain that wreacked around her body was nothing like she'd ever felt before! Every beat of her heart pulsed through her head, every breath sounded like a hurricane and every sound, even with her earmuffs around her ears, sounded like a drum exploding near her. She looked up, her only usable eye flinching as the lights seemed a lot brighter! 

The girl was on the ground, using her shield to keep herself up and not completely collapse onto the ground. Rhaegal was staring at her and...Dustin! She had to, protect him! She gripped at her shield, trying to move...That's when something hit her shoulder. Slowly turning around, Jinx frowned as Arabelle was there. 

The girl was talking, and...Well, she was sounding, right. Pay...attention to her stats? Alisea frowned, before realizing what the girl was talking about. It...it hurt! Eevery,, breath...hurt. She glanced up, her HP was....high, well in the green! She was, right...

"Y-you're right....it...hurts, this overload but...I ...I have to, i can...." Jinx looked at her, and nodded her head at Arabelle. Even if pain overwhelmed her body, she could...do this! "Thank...Ara....Stand and fight Dragon! You....are for me...." Each breath hurt, everything in her body was starting to hurt...but she could, she had to, do this! For everyone who was here! 

Action: HOWL!

Spoiler

Rhaegal: HP63/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 | Stunned

[8] Jinx:  HP 335/340 | EN: 5/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[4] @Dustin: 367/380 HP | 26/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 0 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3

[9] Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 18/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[4] ArabelleHP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para.

Dustin’s sword begins to glow green, but his eyes move down towards Arabelle. I know she’s right, but what’s the fun if it ends so quickly? I can’t control how this works, but I can keep the monster in front of us from surviving this fight. All my messing around is over. “Okay, I guess it’s time to get serious.” He squared his shoulders, taking on a more orthodox form, waiting for the perfect time. Which just so happened to be right as Jinx activated her howl again, the monster turned, looking at the girl who had called its attention. “You guys are no fun.” A smirk crosses his face as he runs in, making the statement an obvious lie. His sword moves up, following the pattern he had used every time before hand as the monster’s health dropped the same as before he hit the tree.

His uppercut being when he launched himself back, he strikes a pose. What’s the harm in having fun when I’m pulling my own weight? As long as no one gets hurt because of it, I should be fine. Besides, puts and extra little sparkle in the monster’s death. “It’s such a shame. A beautiful creature being executed by a bunch of players for loot or experience. Rhaegal, I wish you a good death, and I want to be the one to give it to you!” His sword points towards the monster. Why are we wasting such a beautiful moment? This monster is fighting its best and all we are doing is talking like it’s just a bunch of numbers on a screen. This is as close to real as you can get yet we just see it as an obstacle to cross. “It’s still a game. We’re here to have fun in a beautiful world. Sure, there’s some flaws, but no more flaws than the real world.” His words carry no further than the grass at his feet.

Spoiler

ID: 112626

BD: 10

Crit on Rhaegal

7 + 2 = 9 * 6 = 54 - 25 = 29 DMG

63 - 29 = 34 HP

MD: 7

Rhaegal attack’s Jinx

50 - 47 = 3 DMG

335 - 3 = 332 HP (Jinx)

34 - 18 = 16 HP (Rhaegal)

Spoiler

Rhaegal: HP: 16/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 | Stunned

[8] Jinx:  HP 332/340 | EN: 5/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[6] Dustin: 370/380 HP | 21/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 0 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3

[9] @Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 18/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[4] @ArabelleHP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para.
[3] @MaceHP 140/140 | EN: 5/14 | 40 MIT | 4 DMG 

Edited by Dustin

It looked like the battle was going better then I was thinking and Surely something was going to get the last hit, It was going to be either Dustin or the other girl, who I forgot the name of sadly at this time, Sorry. Looking back at my teammates in my party It seems that Gryas guy was going to be taking a hit from him As the Stun would not work now, Either that or the Arabelle girl had to Paralyze him again. As the dragon attacked the girl Mace felt something and rushed in smashing down her hammer on the dragon's head as it seemed to be really mad at the girl. With a solid hit on the dragons head, I was now standing between him and Jinx, Looking back at the girl with one small look, "Are you okay, Sorry I could not keep it stunned but at least you don't seem to be hurt too much, Can you still fight, Cuz otherwise I'm gonna protect you," I said without thinking. It surely felt like I wanted to protect her and was not gonna give up.

"Okay Make him weaker, Push him away so she can take the last hit and kill it," I said again without thinking just action on the situation at hand. I was keen to do so most of the time but most people would know me as a quiet person who really did not care. And surely Dustin would see this how I was acting and Protection Jinx from being hit again, It was quite the turn around to see for him.

Roll ID: # 112715 | Basic Attack 4 -25=1 DMG

Spoiler

Rhaegal: HP: 15/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 

[8] Jinx:  HP 332/340 | EN: 5/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[6] Dustin: 370/380 HP | 21/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 0 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3

[9] @Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 18/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[4] @ArabelleHP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para.
[3] @MaceHP 140/140 | EN: 5/14 | 40 MIT | 4 DMG 

Edited by Mace

As the others circled around the dragon and attacked Gryas noticed that Dustin seemed to really be getting into the battle and enjoying the moment, and that made Gryas think twice about their situation. He had really only cared about keeping his companions safe in this fight look at the situation strategically. As horrible as the death game could be it was also a masterpiece, worlds upon worlds created in life like realness on each floor, and the thrill and rush of combat with real consequences. Readying himself Gryas took a deep breath and backhanded the dragon with his shield arm yelling "Down Here!" as he activated his howl ability. That took the last bit of his energy to pull off, he would have to catch his breath and regain his energy from here on as the ability had used up the last of his. 
"Ok its almost over, lets show this dragon what we are made off!" 

(PS. Sorry for dropping the ball! I thought I had replied and was waiting for a notification :( Sorry for being so late!)

Rhaegal: HP: 15/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 

[12] Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 1/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[4] @ArabelleHP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para.

Edited by Gryas
  • 1 month later...
Well, that was f*cking embarrassing. "I can't deal any more than one damage!" She sounded exactly like Claude, back in the early days, when he didn't have his weapon skill and made her do all the work while he chilled at the back with a cup of tea and gave her the occasional heal. [Fact check: that was not exactly what happened.] Arabelle gave an unimpressed roll of her eyes as the Other Girl looked at her like she was some kind of... mentor slash friend that would stand by her side forever or something. Like, ew. No. She was allergic to lame and boring people, thank you very much. When she sensed that the others were looking, however - probably their attention was drawn by the two girls in separate parties pausing in the middle of battle to exchange a few words - Arabelle mustered a smug smile at the girl's incoherent response and said softly, as the Other Girl turned to face the dragon: "How did you even get this far?"

Really. You kind of needed to watch your stats to survive. Or, at least, not lose your head over every few bits of damage.

Anywho!

The Other Girl made an unpleasant ruckus with her shield. Beside Arabelle, Dustin slid into a proper stance. "What, you mean you weren't taking it seriously this whole time? That's no good, kouhai-kun~. What would Stryder say? I mean, considering that I'm on the team..." The small purple-haired girl twirled her scythe in a manner that was more for show rather than form and turned her head to face Dustin with a smirk. "Mm? Isn't this fight a bit boring for your tastes, though? And hey, watch who you're saying that to. You just said the guild would be boring without me!" Arabelle finished that with a huff and a small pout, and maintained that expression until she tensed her shoulders and adjusted her grip on the scythe. "Buy me a cake at Shiro-chan's place and I'll forgive you."

Mishiro had kicked her out a few days earlier, saying she was abusing her 100% friend discount. Well to be fair, Mishiro never even established its limitations!

Before he ran off though, she gave him a small wink to indicate that she was really just joking. Arabelle waited and watched as he took off another large chunk of the hatchling's HP, leaving it in the red zone. "One last hit, Dustin! Go, go, go!!" She clapped her hands together and appeared in front of Mace, launching herself into the air to follow up on the girl's failed attempt at a Stun. She twirled her weapon in midair and swung it downwards, burying the sharp end of the scythe between the emerald dragon's eyes. The combined weight of her weapon and her body, as gravity pulled her back to the ground, worked to pull the hatchling's head down with her; and she gave a final push, slamming it against the ground.

Dust flew upwards and Arabelle pushed away from the dazed mob. Spinning around, she held up a peace sign with a cute smile and held that pose long enough for their other damage dealer to see.

He wasn't the only person who could fight with style! 

Spoiler

ID: 113846 | BD: 10 [crit, +2, paralyze procs!] | MD: [paralyzed]

Rhaegal: HP14/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 [-1 HP]

[8] @Jinx: HP 332/340 | EN: 5/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[6] @Dustin: 370/380 HP | 21/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 0 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3

[12] Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 1/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[6] Arabelle: HP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para.

Edited by Arabelle
  • 2 weeks later...

The pain, despite her attitude, made movement, made...anything, nothing short of unbearable. Every breath, every ray of light, every sound, exploded within the girls skull so much it felt like it was going to split in two! Normally, Alisea would reduce the incoming stimuli. Plug her ears, shut her eyes tight and stop moving, it was usually enough to stem majority of the negative impacting results. But she couldn't, or in reality, felt like she couldn't. 

She had lead these players here, to fight....and yet she was the most useless in battle! She knew every leader...lead by example, so she had to lead! Had to show them she wasn't useless, and more importantly, had to prove it to herself! She wasn't useless, she could help other people! Gripping tightly onto her shield, as if it was a liferaft in a storm, she glared up at the dragon...only to notice an odd sight. The girl from before was...inbetween herself and the dragon?! Was she insane, she would going to her hurt! If anyone was, it had to be her! A leader leads, and as a result, takes the punishment for failure! 

"Watch...it...!" She tried to call out, but as she did, her entire body shifted violently and she nearly collasped onto the ground, the splitt headache only getting worse and worse! She closed her eyes tightly, she had to...but she couldnt'...! IT hurt too much to be a leader! 

Action: No action taken

Spoiler

Rhaegal: HP14/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 [-1 HP]

[8] Jinx: HP 332/340 | EN: 6/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[6] @Dustin: 370/380 HP | 21/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 0 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3

[6] Arabelle: HP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para.

Dustin watched the monster intently, his focus on the beast’s eyes as he thinks of how to kill it. His sword begins to glow green as he draws the blade back and launches in. That’s when Jinx collapses to the ground and Dustin’s attention get’s pulled away from the dragon. Sh*t, I can’t go and let my tank get hurt. He spins his foot and falls onto his back, stopping himself just short of the dragon who then rushes towards the silver haired tank and claws at her. The monster’s HP drops down to 0 and it explodes into blue pixels. Jinx. He stands up as fast as he can, running over to her. “Hey, it’s over, you can take a break. Close your eyes and breathe.” He begins to panic. He’s seen people in pain before, both emotional and physical. She was obviously on the verge of going insane, but she kept fighting through it like a stubborn ox. “Damnit Jinx, if you break out here Stryder’s gonna kill me.” A soft murmur escapes his lips as he looks up at Arabelle and tilts his head, his face reading his exact thoughts. What do I do? Do I give her space? Do I help her up? He calmly and slowly stands up, backing away from her careful not to make any sudden movements. Is she having a panic attack? Is she going insane? This is gonna be problematic. Two cupcakes materialize in his hands as he holds one out towards Arabelle. “Might as well eat while we wait.” He tries to smile, though he is obviously worried about the girl who had helped them by being a great tank.

Spoiler

ID: 114363

BD: 4

MD: 8

50 - 47 = 3 DMG

14 - 18 = 0 HP

Spoiler

Rhaegal: HP: 0/125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 | DMG: 50 [-1 HP

[8] Jinx: HP 332/340 | EN: 6/34  | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>
[6] Dustin: 370/380 HP | 21/38 EN | 7 DMG | 31 MIT | 0 EVA | 1 Thorns <9 DMG>| BH: 3

[12] @Gryas: HP 180/180 | EN: 1/18  | 40 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Taunt | +3 Accuracy
[6] @ArabelleHP 180/180 | EN: 15/18 | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 Para.
[3] @MaceHP 140/140 | EN: 5/14 | 40 MIT | 4 DMG 

Edited by Dustin

As her the girl behind her seemed to fall to her knee It was clear to Mace to keep guard no matter what and keep in front of the girl making sure the dragon had no time to attack her or the girl behind her, "I won't move, I can take his hits, I'm a tank myself here," she said very stubborn to the girl. Keeping the leader of the party alive was Mace her top mission, No matter what she said at this point she needed to be safe if she was like this and Mace looked over to Dustin as he slew the dragon with his attack killing it right away without any problem or so. 

After it was done Mace her mind snapped and she dropped her weapon and shield into her inventory and walked over to the girl, "Are you alright, See no worry we are all good here," She said calmly as her brother always did to her. This was probably the first time Mace would be so close to someone and caring about them, It is surely new to anyone who knew Mace. "Placing her hand on the back of the girl before looking her into the eyes, "Breath in, Breath out... Take it slowly," This kind of panic attack made her think about the older woman who helped her quite a bit who also had trouble with it, People with panic attacks become quite a bit of trouble to themselves. "Just make sure to look up, We are all saved thanks to you, you did a great job as the leader of this group," She said to her looking up to Dustin a bit angry as he gave the other girl a cupcake. "I will speak to you soon," she said fast sounding angry to Dustin a bit.

@Arabelle @Gryas