[PP|F09] Hearts of Fire burn true

The tower of armor with fiery eyes cuts through the field on the sixth floor. He had made it a habit to visit that floor despite the crazy hot temperature. In fact, they were his favorite part, aside from the lava and fire everywhere. Welp, I guess I should go get some drinks. This place is great, but it's nothing without it's scotch. He grins under his helmet. The scotch on this floor burns green and I love it. The man makes his way into the town and cuts through the empty streets. The floor was so hot that most people hated it. Everything about it was hot. So much so, that most places would pick a scotch on the rocks just for the extra ice. But that's not how Prometheus does things. "Highland Peak, 25 year." He smiles at the bartender and winks. "And keep 'em coming." He says, finding a seat and sitting in it, putting on a half mask, that only covers half of his face while lighting a cigar. They taste so much better in real life, but I'm sure Kayaba didn't go around having fun while making this death trap of a game. I'm sure he's just guessing what they taste like. He sits back as the scotch is set down in front of him. That's when he notices the most beautiful red hair he had ever seen... Oh, I just have to know. He gives a cocky grin, thinking of plays he can use.

@Embers

Embers let out a long sigh as she sat in, yet another, USELESS BAR! She enjoyed bars, reminded her way to much of home, but there was a single fact that never failed to piss her off. She was annoyingly sober at all times. It was one of her greatest past times, getting extremely drunk in a barr, usually finding  a good looking guy, or girl, getting even more drunk before leaving, ideally with that other person. Sadly, this damn game stopped a LOT of that. Not all, but most, and that pissed Larissa Williams off.

The girl was wearing a tube-top and short jeans with black combat boots resting up on the table, and a series of glasses surrounding her, most of them now empty. And the corpses of cigarettes littered her table, and there was a fresh one in her mouth. She blew smoke lazily out of her mouth as she rested her head on the couch behind her, and let out a slow sigh. "Urgh...crappy system..." She muttered to herself as she closed her eyes, her lighter being flipped around lazily in her left hand. 

@Prometheus 

So, let's find out shall we? He pushes himself up from his chair and removes his helmet, putting on more casual attire than before and moving over to the girl. His whole face being revealed as he slides into a seat next to her. "So, what were these filled with? Water? No, not your style. Let's say..." He picks it up and sniffs it. "Alcohol." He chuckles. She doesn't look the type to prefer the chase. "You know the chase very well, so let's cut to it." He looks at her with a more serious tone. "The name's Katsuki, and I think you're attractive." He leans back to a more relaxed pose taking a few more puffs from his cigar and releasing some smoke. His rich brown scotch sat on the table, no glass in the liquid to bent the light any further. His eyes scan her and her surroundings quickly as he pieces together an image of how this girl thinks. She reminds me of me. Or at least how I was before I joined a game where I was trapped with a bunch of girls in a world where the mortality angle is just too damn easy to get by with. Though it definitely won't work on her. This isn't just some floozy you can seduce and move on. This will take work.

His eyes land on her lighter. That is a nice lighter, but too bad it can't be used for much more than decorations in this game. Besides, it's nowhere near as cool as mine. He pulls out his own and begins to fidget with it. It was a regular occurrence for him, but rarely ever did he see someone else doing the same. It made him feel weird. I guess that's why I hide it, can't exactly settle in with someone playing with a fire hazard. Unless she knows what she's doing. He shakes his head immediately after the thought.

@Embers

Embers was very much like a her familiar, the White-Tailed Hawk. She could see it coming a million miles away, from the moment he stood up. She didn't even need to see him, she could smell it in the air, hear it. The instincts of someone who knew this world far too well, someone had their eyes on her. She smirked and lazily smoked away. 'Of course someone wants me, all the boys at bars were animals...not that i'm complaining'

She didn't bother to open her eyes as she heard the boy sit down next to her and start...looking at her drinks? She laughed, smoke escaping my mouth as she did. What the hell kind of move was this, analysing her drinks like some prep-school kid? It was depressing if she was honest with herself. Embers only bothered to open her eye, not both, only one, to glance at the boy as he introduced himself. He didn't look bad, but there was something about him that annoyed her. She looked at his glass, and spat her nearly used cig onto the table. Without a single word said, she grabbed his class and drank half of it in a single go, returning the glass in front of him. 

"Not bad, you enjoy something with actual taste. Most crap in this game is trash, but that's not too bad" With a deep breath, Embers pulled out a fresh cigerette, and hearing the boy play with a lighter, holds it out to him with a very clear instructions for him to light it. Embers grinned, lets see him play her game. He mentioned a chase, but he was very wrong. Embers hated the chase, but a fight was only way to go. 

@Prometheus

Prometheus saw the cigarette out and instantly knew what was up. He pulls his lighter up, the ornate windproof lighter with a dragon on the side flips open, and the fire sparks up almost instantly, as he begins to light it. “Why waste time with the cheap crap in a game where money doesn’t dictate the world, and where it’s so damn fun to make the money.” He smiles, taking a sip from his glass and setting it back down. Also, I can just make other people pay for it, which is the second most fun way to get it free. He puffs from his cigar again, releasing some smoke and putting it out. He spins out of his chair and stands up. “I’ll go get the next round, what do you want?” He asks, standing up straight and walking to the bar as he thinks of all the things he can ask for. I can get any drink ever, I wonder if they have moonshine. Maybe they’ll have like Tennessee whiskey. He leans over the bar and looks at all the selections and begins to think about what he wants. He gets his order and moves back to the table. “So, this is risky, but do you like to go hunting? Cause I know a few spots around here.” He flips his lighter open and shuts it repeatedly, anxious as ever.

@Embers

Embers smirked at he light up her cig. Maybe there was hope for this prep-school idiot after all. Who knows. His questioned raised an eyebrow, but a sigh comes out of the girl "Instinct, usually cheap stuff gets me in a better mood. Reminds me of home, all there was was absolute cr*p" The girl said lazily, sucking in a deep breath of air and smoke that blew out of her mouth.

At him offering her a drink however, the girl smirked. Now this was how it was done "I'll take whatever the hell you just had, it was pretty nice. Plus if you're paying, why not splash out a little" Embers had no issues having others spend their money on her, unlike others girl, if they wanted her attention, splashing out for her was always a bonus. After all, Embers was the first to admit...she was hot. And people noticing that was always a ego boost.

"Hunting eh? You could at least get me a few drinks before going that far, i'm not a dime-a-dozen girl you can just get at a bar ya know..." Embers say the offer for a hunt as a sign of a hookup. She could but...she wanted to drag this out a little bit. 

Prometheus grins. So she’s gonna play hard to get. Okay. He leans back in his chair, taking a sip of his Scotch and flipping the lighter around in his hand much more elegantly now. Then he slips it in his inventory and puts his cigar out in his hand, not to impress her, the pain reminds him he has something to lose. “So, I’ve decided to put this game to the test. The stamina has limits, but I don’t know how the stamina works... I wanna know exactly how it scales based on the activity.” He makes an inquisitive look. “Of course, running a marathon is boring.” He smirks, sipping from his drink once more. “Fights are fun, but most people don’t like to fight someone like me.” He looks at the table as he thinks a little more. She’s obviously getting some of the hints I’m dropping. Though seducing her will be a lot harder, I’m damn sure it’ll be worth it. He sits up proudly, finding another reason to try and make this happen. “So, you smoke cigarettes... what about cigars?” He offers her one of his favorite cigars, keeping a few more in his pockets.

He begins to get nervous. All the sudden the man realized the weight of everything he says. He knew anything he said could get a hit, that’s the game of seduction, but this was different. He could tell already she wasn’t one to mess with, but he had to know. He was so curious about one thing, that he completely ignored the others. “These cigars are divine. Like if there was a god and he smoked, he wouldn’t think himself worthy of these things.” He smiles. “Though from what I can see, a god has nothing on you.” His eyes follow down her body. His curiosity shooting through the roof as he put the butt of a cigar in his mouth, pulling out his lighter and holding the flame to the end of his cigar. “Cubans are nothing compared to these.” He smiles leaning back in his chair and puffing from the cigar, releasing smoke.

@Embers

At the arrival of her drink, Embers spots the boy pull out a cigar, a proper looking on too. Not the cheap stuff she was used to, something that, in the real world, cost a bit of money, depending on what it was laced with. Embers grinned at the memory, she'd had a few 'special' cigars that had several drugs laced into it. Now that wasn't a night to remember, drunk and high as hell. The pictures she'd taken showed she'd had a good time. Although, something he'd said set a fire within her. People didn't like to fight him eh? That said to her he was looking for one, and she'd love, utterly love, to give him that. 

She grabbed the cigar he offered, and using her own lighter, lit it up, and straight away, sucked a deep breath into her lungs. He wasn't wrong, these were far better than the cheap stuff she was used to. Maybe it would be worth throwing some more col for the higher tier items, after all, she was stuck in this damn game. Why not abuse it, or the people in it? She watched the boy curiously, and she noticed his eyes going over all of her. Of course they were. So she decided to tease the boy a little, see how he'd react. Make him think he was getting what he wanted.

Embers shifted her weight, and rested both of her legs on the table, her ass a little more 'on display' and, well, if this boy was anything like back home, he wouldn't not stare at something.

"Ya know, it's better than the usual crap i take i'll admit that. But i gotta ask boy, what is your plan in all this eh? Cause i'll be straight with you, you lie to me, i break your kneecaps and probably your leg while i'm at it...So here is your warning, you f*ck with me in a way i don't like, i'll return the pain 10 times over" 

@Prometheus

Prometheus keeps his focus on anything other than what she was obviously trying to distract him with. It was a difficult fight, but he was able to keep his mind on other things. Especially with the question. Isn’t it obvious what I’m After? I thought she knew right away. He puffs his cigar, releasing more smoke as he opens his mouth. “You know what I want. What every guy wants. Not necessarily with you, nor does it need to be with anyone in this bar.” His cigar burns, releasing a light amount of smoke as he speaks, obviously hinting at what he knew he secretly wants. Her. He smirks, leaning in. “I wanna raise some hell. Watch the world burn. Break someone’s legs. Who cares? I want Chaos.” He leans forward. “Can’t raise hell without someone next to you. Whether it be in bed or in spirit, raising hell on your own is lame.” He flips his lighter open and shut.

It’s not a lie, it’s just not the truth. And I can live with that. The man’s resolve is just as sturdy as ever, almost like what he was saying was all that he meant. No, he didn’t want a date, or even worse, a girlfriend. He wanted someone to burn the world to ashes with. Anything else that happened was up to them. “One day I’m going to hell, and I’m gonna see to it that’s I belong there.” He smiles, standing up and puffing from his cigar, releasing the smoke from his nose. “Will I be seeing you there? Or are you one of the boring types who would rather just get there by accident?” He pushes his chair in and turns to walk out, hoping that she would either choose to “raise hell” with him, or if it would end in a fight, either way he was happy.

@Embers

Embers felt the world partly go red as she sucked down another deep breath. Not with her?! Was this little prep-schooler even tryingot imply she wasn't good enough?! She shifted her body to take a powerful punch at the boy, only for the idiot to finish his sentence. The girls laughter boomed out of her as she was forced to hold her cigar in her hand. He wanted someone to raise hell with? And of all people to find, he found her, a self-proclaimed Hell Storm. 

"You know, idiot, some people'll hit you for saying something so stupid. Raise hell, in a world like this? In a world where you can't drink properly, where stupid numbers dictate everything...The hell to raise is your own" The brash girl finished her drink, pushing it on the table and returned the cigar to her mouth as a single fact raged through her. He wasn't being honest with her, he was lying! And that hatred within her started to boil up more and more.

However, the girls body moved on its own as he dare imply she was a coward. The moment he stood up, Embers body moved. Leaping onto her feet, she grabbed him by the back of his shirt and, with both hands, threw the boy into the wall nearby with a good degree of force. 

"How DARE you even imply that about me! I am the God-Damn hell storm itself upon this world, and you have the balls to suggest i'm boring?! You just entered the most painful fight of your damn life you Moron!"

With the cigar in the mouth, the girl had fallen into a blood haze. Her body acted upon raw instinct, and now, lost in her rage, there was only a single way out of the bar for the boy. 

Katsuki smiles. Moron? Yeah, let’s see. So, she’s pretty damn aggressive. Good. He stands to his feet, expecting to be towering over her. But at 6’3” he only barely stood over her. He knew he was doomed from the moment he sat down. “If you’re gonna get so rough, at least buy me dinner first.” He smiles like a cocky brat. Nothing stops me in a fight. That’s why I am named after the god of fire. His eyes land on the table they were sitting at and begins to think of ways to use the area around him. The bar stool. Standing up and lights his cigar. He picks up the bar stool and launches it at her, quickly following it with himself, forgetting he wasn’t in his armor. The weight he usually had, being gone, made him under estimate how hard he would have to hit her to knock her down. He realizes this and steps down in front of her, kneeling down like he’s groveling and waiting for a moment. Perfect. His front leg pushes down and his back leg forward. His head tucks down as he launches forward, and his neck locks up, his shoulders holding it in place. A Rhino Charge should take her down. His head moves toward her as he smirks and prepares for two outcomes. I love this move, but landing it is incredibly difficult, so I refrain from using it too much. His eyes watch her feet as he closes in on her.

@Embers

Edited by Prometheus

Embers eyes watched the boy, even if my mind was lost in  rage and hatred. Ver crimson etes viewed the world with a tinge of red, and the girl could feel her blood on fire like a storm. She had needed this, so much more than she'd ever expected. She couldn't wait to see what this idiot had planned, after all, he'd come to her. He had better be prepared for the storm he'd just unleashed upon this damn world! The girl blew smoke out at his taunt, did this child honestly expect her to be impressed with grade-school humour?

Seeing him bow down, the girls entire body shifted back. Even lost in rage, her para-military training was deeply ingrained into her blood. Her arms raised, and she'd wait. Wait for this idiot to try whatever the hell he was planning, because there was nothing, NOTHING, in this world that she couldn't do in a fight. His charge was unexpected, however Embers didn't have time to mock the sheer stupidity that was his charge. Instead, her body reacted.

Her feet moved first, and despite her size, she was quick. She moved to the left of the charge and raised an arm forwards to 'catch' the charge, all the while pulling her right arm back, her first held tight. The moment the boys charge would connect with her, she'd use the outstretched hand to delay him and punch him  as hard as she possibly could right in his face, after all, it should be in range at that point, hopefully.

Katsuki knee the chances of winning were slim to none. But why not have fun while I get my butt kicked? He slams into her hand, forgetting how this game had strength based on levels. Even though in real life he probably wouldn’t have a chance at beating her in a fight either, he’d definitely be doin better than he was in the game. Her hand stops him in his tracks as her hand starts to move towards his face. There were two options, one was to block it, the other was to just take it. In the real world he loved this. Both the pain of punching him in the face for fighters who don’t know what their doing, to the sheer lack of pain in his eyes when he didn’t even flinch. But this game was different. No matter what you did, beating someone who was so many levels above you was damn near impossible, but that never stopped Katsuki. So he decided to just eat the punch, but much to his surprise, it moved him. It moved him far more than any attack had ever moved him before. He was pushed back, spinning and stumbling, trying to stay on his feet as he slammed into a table. “That was a pretty decent punch.” He says, pushing himself to his feet and spinning quickly. “I’m beginning to think starting this was a mistake, but ya know, not one I’ll regret.” After taking the hit he was pretty jarred, not a feeling he had experienced since being in the game, and even for a few years before that. “Heh, it was always more fun to fight uphill battles. You gain a new found respect for the people who kick your ass in a fair fight.” He puts his hand over his eyes like he had a headache and sits down. “Give me a second. That messed me up just about as much as I thought it would.” He moves his hand away, blinking a few times and shaking his head. “Right, Let’s get back to it then.” He stands up, raising his fists into a more traditional fighting stance, no longer the cocky child from before. This stance was that of a fighter who knew he would need a miracle to win.

@Embers

Embers let out a loud laugh as her punch connected and the boy hit a nearby table. So this idiot honestly thought he could pull of such a stupid attack?! Against her! The disrespect! She blew a wave of smoke out before grinning. She hadn't had a good fight in a long time, maybe this was it. Maybe this idiot would put up more of a fight! Embers crimson eyes watched him hungrily as he recovered from her hit, and his comment about it caused a wave of confidence to boom inside of her.

"Damn right it did moron! Who the hell even tries that sorta crap, head down head first?! Are you a moron?! You wanna stand a chance in hell to fight me, you had better try because i swear if you don't put up a fight, i'm gunna break every bone in your damn body!" The  girl was yelling loudly, rage and passion charging through her like a tidal wave as she watched his stance change. Finally. The girl licked her lips and threw herself forwards. For a girl who stood at 6'0, she crossed the distance in merely a blink of an eye, and swung her right arm with as much power as she could muster. The strike itself was far from subtle, and anyone with eyes could see the blow was aimed at the boys chest. However, if it hit him, it would hurt a lot. 

@Prometheus

• 1 month later...

Prometheus raised his arms, brought his hands together, and dropped them with a mighty push downwards. “Close but no cigar.” He looks at her, having pushed her arm down and to the right as he spun to the left. His breath heavy and his face stone cold, he sits down in a chair. “I think we should stop. You win, so you have my respect, but why tire ourselves out for the same outcome?” He signals to a chair across from him as he tries to recuperate. His hand slides down and grabs the drink on the table that he didn’t order as he takes a sip. “We know you’re gonna win, so why waste our valuable time? I could be out throwing little people around but instead I’m here trying to hook up with the second hottest girl I’ve ever seen.” He puts a regular cigarette in his mouth and lights it, inhaling its sweet flame as he leans back and waits for her response. “Maybe instead of fighting, we could spend our valuable time doing something else.” He puts the cigarette out on the table, as it explodes into a million little pieces. I hate those things but I’m running low on cigars and those help with dramatic timing. He watches her, wondering how he can accomplish his goal.

@Embers

Her punch didn't connect onto its desired target, but if she was honest, that punch rarely worked out the way she wanted it too. While it did pack a serious punch, it was too slow to be used as a leader. It was far better a follow up on a target who was dazed, that's when it really exploded. Still, the fact he deflected her strike, rather than outright dodged it, did show he had some fight within him. And sometimes that's what mattered, the effort....if you were a coward.

"You wanna stop, seriously?" Embers couldn't keep the annoyance out of her voice. This fight was finally started to get good, and he wanted to stop! What a damn tease....The growl that emerged from her throat was low, deep and lethal, like an angry wolf.  She grabbed her cigar and sucked in a deep breath, it not having left her lips despite the fighting "God and here i was actually getting excited about you. Guess i should have listened to my instincts, you're nothing more than a prep kid. If you're not even willing to fight for what you want, what good are you?" 

The girl raised her hand, on it was a silver ring. A sentence written over it although it would be difficult to see "See this? This is a promise, to take whatever i want regardless of what stands in my way. That's the way of a true hunter, someone who is worthy of my respect. If you want me, you'd fight me to show me. So, preppy, tell me, are you gunna take what you want or not?" 

Katsuki smiles. “This is a fight in a safe zone.” He looks up at her, “It’s a fight for the hell of punching someone in the face. If you want a fight we can do this the right way. A duel. Winner gets whatever they want.” He drinks his drink, not giving her the satisfaction of looking her in the eyes. “It’s not worth my time otherwise. Neither of us can lose, neither of us can win. A tie is losing for both of us.” He sits and looks at his drink when she calls him a prep kid. Damn she’s good. His hand under the table balls into a fast, his cocky grin disappeared as he looks at her. “I’m not a prep kid.” He hates that. Of all the things you could call him, preppy is the worst. His hand comes up and slams into the table, his arm bending and moving across it like someone sweeping the stuff off before a night of passion, but his elbow raises up. A six to twelve elbow uppercut was sure to at least come close to hitting the woman. “I respected you. You had to go and call me that, now I can’t respect you.” His arm slides across the table as he picks it up and moves it out of the way. “Let’s make the square.” He laughs, preparing himself for a fight.

@Embers

Embers felt that rage within her grow, more and more, until she could feel her heart starting to beat within her chest itself. Her vision blured red as a tidal wave crashed over her, sheer and blind rage at a single statement this prep IDIOT had Dared Throw her way! NOT WORTH HIS TIME! Any sane person would know he hasn't meant it that, however...

"You...Little...Sh*t. Not worth your time! How dare you! Victory doesn't matter, this tie you care so much about! Do you only live to survive!? Live to enjoy life, that's reality" The rage was easily seen on the girls face, although his reaction to her calling him a preppy. The violent grin on Embers face said it all. This, This is what she wanted! Sex was great, but with the rage burning within her heart. All she wanted was a fight! To punch this idiot so hard he wakes up in the real world! 

The boys blow connected, each one of them, and Embers stumbled back. She had made no attempt to even block them, rather, shifting her body into her para-military stance as excitement flourishes on her face...and in her eyes. "Oh? You want my respect kid? Fight me then, Give me a reason to respect the fire that burns within you...Or are you a coward Preppy?" She knew he'd snap. He was too much like her, and to be insulted for being a coward....How dare she, but she wanted this fight. Her pride could take a backseat to get her what she wanted! 

• 4 weeks later...

A speech left the woman’s mouth and Katsuki started getting riled up as he pushed chairs and tables over, and slid them out of the way, making a 10 x 10 square around them. The bar formed a wall on one side while the other three were tables, the top facing them. A make shift arena had formed and Katsuki examined the small crowd around it. So, they came to see the small fight between two *ssholes, word spreads fast around here. A cocky grin crosses his face and he walks towards her as she finished her next speech, trying to start something.

”Calling me a coward doesn’t seem fair, I mean, all you’ve seen is my in game persona.” He says, trying to keep himself calm and rational, well, as calm and rational he could be. “You’re not gonna change it, that’s not who you are. I’ve gotten a decent read on you so far.” His hind leg kicks back into the ground as he launches into a spear tackle and flies towards her.

Why am I wasting my time with this? She’s hot, but is that worth it? His eyes pan over her body. Hell yeah it is. The false maturity he had attempted to use as a last ditch effort to save his dignity was gone, like a fire had been lit and he was gonna fight and die there. He had reverted to his old ways, less refined than the not refined at all man in the bar fighting a lady. All he had to do was wait for her attack, then it’d be smackdown city.

@Embers

• 3 weeks later...

The arena, the audience, none of that mattered to Embers. All that mattered, in the world, was the boy before her and the feelings that ran through her body like a virus, like an intoxicicating drug, the more she got, the more she wanted, the more she felt! All she wanted was to see, did this preppy burn! Was he worthy to be with her?! There was only a single way to find out, and her fist tightened in excitement. Finally, a fight! This is what she had been craving! She was truly an addict for this! 

"You piece of...Change?! You think i wanna waste my time, changing every idiot i run across? People change on their damn-well own, when they CHOOSE to! The only change i care for it mine..." Embers felt her rage burning out a little, and she let out a soft amused laugh. Hestia....had done that to her. Hestia made her realise she wasnt' ready to cut herself off from other humans, and yet, knowing she felt that way...she couldn't deny it, but didn't want to embrace it. 

A growl emerged from her throat as she smiled cocky at the boy, her para-military stance returning "Now then...Show me you're worthy...You wanna have me, you gotta take it through force like a true Hunter!" Once again, the girl threw herself forwards with reckless abandon! Despite her size, her speed allowed her to cross most the distance in barely 3 leaping steps, as she reeled her arm back, once again aiming an extremely powerful punch right for his chest!

@Prometheus