[PP|F4] Knock on wood

Dustin walks around on the fourth floor, somehow ending up in the town of snowfrost, close to the edge. He stares out into the blanket of white beyond the edge of town, wondering how many of the creatures out there he could take on By himself. Then he sees one, a monster he knew he had to fight. He had to see if he could kill it, but wasn’t sure if he’d be able to to take it on by himself. So he opens his menu and looks through a list of his friends, seeing no one he wants to take on his little test, he moves over to the guild list. His eyes pan over the names of the members and land on one name that sticks out. Jinx.

He thinks back to what build she had, being able to take him on a while ago. Now he wanted to see if he could fight alongside her again. Not too long ago they fought a dragon and he had some fun, of course it wasn’t just the two of them so he didn’t know if he could handle the combat with just her. He began to think on it. Well, I know she can handle herself in a fight, but her being able to help me even though I’ve since gotten stronger than her? His hand selects her name as he presses the chat icon.

Spoiler

To: @Jinx

Wanna help me fight a monster? I’ll be at the western gate in SnowFrost.

Pressing send he takes a deep breath and looks out into the horizon seeing the bear begin to walk away. Please hurry if you’re coming, I have to kill this thing. He frowns fighting the urge to run out and kill the monster by himself.

Spoiler

Stats:

LVL: 20

HP: 400

EN: 40

DMG: 7

MIT: 14

EVA: 2

ACC: 2

BH: 4

Skills:

Rank 4 Martial Arts

Rank 1 Light Armor

Rank 1 Battle Healing

Equipment:

[Rare] Dragon’s Wrath: +1 DMG, +1 ACC

[Rare] Death’s Reach: +9 MIT, +1 EVA

[Rare] Deus Tempus: +1 EVA, +1 ACC

BR Inventory:

4 uncommon healing potions (+40 HP)

1 Sand Armor Potion (+27 MIT)

• 2 weeks later...

Jinx stared up at the roof that was on Stryders bedroom. She'd stolen his room for...too long now, and yet, she could never bring herself to not come back. His bed was so comfortable, and Silver cuddled up with her most nights now, making them more and more bearable. Today Stryder was out, doing...something. She wasn't sure what, he had said something about a quest...or was it a grind? She couldn't honestly remember, and part of her was happy to not, today was her offical lazy day where she could nap to her hearts content!

...Or so was the plan until she recieved a certain message from Dustin. The boy....Jinx wasn't sure how to feel about him. She really liked him, and the fact he called her his favourite guild member... That made them friends, surely...right? He hadn't outright said it though so maybe...maybe she was mis-understanding all of this? However, she blinked only to see she had typed a reply and sent it..h-how?!

Spoiler

To: Dustin

I'll be there shortly! 

Well...now she had to go. Standing up, the girl made a short walk to the teleporter...only to forget the 4th floor was SUPER COLD! She donned her armour, but it felt like it did little to fend off the waves that crashed into her armour. However, despite it all, she smiled when she ran into the boy. The wind blowing her long hair around, even making her eyepatch flutter a little.

"S-sorry i took a bit...I got lost" In reality, it had taken the girl not even 5 minutes to make it there...although given her perspective of time, it was impossible for her to know that. 

Spoiler

Stats:

HP/EN: 340/34 | 47 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>

Items:

5 T1 Healing Potions <Heals 50 HP>

Dustin smiles as the girl shows up, his hands land on her shoulder so as he points her towards the beat out in the field. “Don’t worry about being late, I’m not losing that any time soon.” Out in the distance there is a massive bear, stuff from legend really. So big that if you hadn’t seen it you wouldn’t have believed it. “I reckon it’s upwards of 1000 pounds.” He says, pulling out a potion from his inventory. He slides it over Jinx’s shoulder as he walks out into the field, he equips his handwraps and runs towards the MOAB, (Mother Of All Bears) and laughs as he runs. “Drink the potion now, I’m guessing her swipes are gonna sting a bit if you don’t!” He shouts back to her as the bear turns and notices the boy. She stands up on her hind legs and waves her arms to try and scare off the player, roaring as she does this. She’s probably got cubs around here somewhere. Of course she’s trying to protect them, and I can’t hurt them. “It’s okay, I’m not here to hurt your cubs. I’m here to make sure you don’t hurt any players. Me and my friend here are just gonna fight you, your cubs are safe.” He looks around and noticed a severe lack of cubs. Right, so I was wrong. “Hey Jinx, I don’t think she has cubs and I think I know why.” He says, looking at her and back towards the bear. “I think she’s the aggressive type, Bears aren’t into that.” He says, not knowing what to do now that talking it down wasn’t an option.

Mama Bear: 200/200 HP | 60 DMG

[0] Dustin: 400/400 HP | 40/40 EN | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

[0] @Jinx:

-Give sand armor potion (+27 MIT) to Jinx

It took Jinx many moments to realize Dustins intentions, to fight the bear. She frowned as she found that out since...well, the monster looked sorta scary! However, before she could voice any of her worries, hell, before she could really ask how he was doing, he threw himself forwards. Jinx couldn't stop the sigh that escaped from her body, it was what she should have expected, and yet, seeing it still caught her by surprise. Dustin fought with nothing short of recklessness seen out of someone who cared only for war...

"...it's nice to see you too Dustin..." The girl was speaking in Chinese and honestly felt like sighing. Why did she try talk to him while fighting? He was in his own world. Raising her shield towards the bear, the girl let out a slow sigh "Ok bear...I guess i'm your sole target, time to see how this goes. I just hope...you don't do anything painful to me, but...I gotta look after Dustin. He is my job, and...well, i cannot allow you to hurt him!" In that process, she banged her rapier against the shield. It made a somewhat loud noise, thankfully, her earmuffs made the noise much more bearable. 

Action: HOWL!!!!!

Mama Bear: 200/200 HP | 60 DMG

[0] Dustin: 400/400 HP | 40/40 EN | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

[2] @Jinx: HP/EN: 340/34 | 74 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>

Sand Armour Potion Used

Dustin’s hands start to glow red as he looks up at the bear. Well, let’s get this done and over with. Might as well, considering the fight could very well be dangerous for Jinx. He runs in and punches the bear in the side of the knee, then up in the side of the torso, then under the bicep and finally right in the neck. The bear being hit so many times in the most important parts misses it’s scratch at Jinx. Okay, so it needs to focus on her while I deal the damage. So it’s a regular situation, tank and DPS, and I’m gonna have to take the reins and keep us moving. He jumps up and back, landing next to Jinx as he smiles and looks at her. “Don’t worry about me, just don’t get yourself killed, I can handle a few hits.” He says, pulling his hands up into a faighting stance that was common in the real world, only a few minor differences. “So, what have you been up to? If you don’t mind my asking.” He asks, trying to keep her mind off of the bear in front of them, but not calling so much attention that she would forget about it. Talking will keep her relaxed, from what I’ve seen she’s always too worried about messing up. She’s gotta learn to loosen up or she will get hurt. The boy traces the areas he just punched in his mind and tries to map out the best course of action from here on out. So I can keep doing that, or I can stun it and have her attack it too. His eyebrows tilt as he thinks.

ID: 111715

BD: 6 + 2 = 8 (Hit)

Dustin used Acupuncture on Mama Bear

8 * 9 = 72 DMG

200 - 72 = 128 HP

MD: 5 - 2 = 3 (Miss)

Mama Bear: 128/200 HP | 60 DMG

[1]Dustin: 400/400 HP | 30/40 EN | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

[2] @Jinx: HP/EN: 340/34 | 74 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>

Edited by Dustin

It always amused her just how, mobile, people seemed to be in this game. Dustin moved with such ease, it almost seemed unnatural. Was that how he moved in the real world too? She wasn't sure, it felt like even she could move faster, with more co-ordination than she had been able to in the real world so, perhaps...the game allowed them to do this? To be this, unnatural? She kept the shield tightly held in her hand, it was her best weapon, despite the rapier she carried. It was...well, easier to use the shield...Seemed like a shame not to use her best weapon.

The boy landed beside her, and jinx went memory hunting, what had she...been doing? "I've been staying with Stryder...He's still letting me stay at his, which is super kind of him. We went on a quest...o-oh! A-and he promised he'd take me to this quest thing that'll actually teach me how to cook!" The excitement erupted out of the girl, remembering the promise the guild leader had made to her, as well as her personal love for food. She opened her mouth to ask him a question, but the bear let out a roar, and Jinx blinked...Ohh they wer...in battle. Raising her Rapier, she hit the weapon against the shield once again, a loud noise that would catch the attention of the monster. She risked glancing at him with her single eye "H-how have you been?"

Action: HOWL

Spoiler

Mama Bear: 128/200 HP | 60 DMG

[1] @Dustin: 400/400 HP | 30/40 EN | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

[4] @Jinx: HP/EN: 340/34 | 74 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>

Dustin’s glove starts to glow as a smirk grows on his face. “Oh me? I’ve been just...” He cuts his sentence short as he runs in and punches the same spots on the bear as last time. “Dandy.” He finishes, rolling back from the last punch to stand next to the friend he brought on this adventure. “I’ll be even better when I kill this thing.” He looks at the magnificent beast and tilts his head. She is a beautiful creature though, It’d be a shame to let it just go to waste in the field after falling to two curious adventurers. He frowns, realizing there’s nothing he can do about it. His hands clench tightly into fists as he stands up straight. “We put you to rest in the name of glory.” He puts his hand on his chest and looks down at the ground and smiles. “I don’t do this in search of loot or experience. I do this to bring you the death you deserve.” His hands fall to his sides and he spins to the girl next to him. “I’ll make sure it dies bravely.” He rotates towards it again, “You do your best to make sure it doesn’t do the same to us.” His smirk and playful tone makes it seem like it’s a joke, but to him it’s not.

Spoiler

ID: 112209

BD: 9

Acupuncture on Mama Bear

8 + 1 = 9 * 9 = 81 DMG

128 - 81 = 47 HP

MD: 1

Spoiler

Mama Bear: 47/200 HP | 60 DMG

[1] @Dustin: 400/400 HP | 21/40 EN | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

[4] @Jinx: HP/EN: 340/34 | 74 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>

Edited by Dustin

With her shield raised, Alisea felt...oddly at ease. When she was comparing this bear to most enemies she'd fought recently, these were much easier. Bu did that make it 'right' that the fear, that she was so accustomed to, was no longer there? That fighting giant monsters was simply, her life from now on? Maybe...maybe this world was so much better than...!

Her thoughts were interupted by the bear taking a swing at her shield, thankfully, while she was a tank, she wasn't immobile and took a leap backwards, dodging out of the bears claws. She recovered quickly, however, she coudln't not find Dustin...interesting. He talked so much about combat, and his...well. The girl could only call it love (Not understanding the difference between love and what she should be calling a deranged and unhealthy) obsession as he spoke to the bear...about its death? She didn't understand, what did he mean...? "A death it...deserves?" She questioned verbally "W-what does that mean Dustin? Surely there is nothing that deserves to die, everything, a-and one, deserves to live no?"

Action: HOWL

[1] @Dustin: 400/400 HP | 21/40 EN | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

[4] @Jinx: HP/EN: 340/340 | 16/34 EN | 74 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>

Dustin runs in and throws a punch across the chest as the bear twists it’s arm, catching the boy’s fist in the pad of her paw. Her eyes land on the boy as her leg moves up and pushes him away with her leg. His body tumbles over the dirt and rocks as he rolls next to the player. “Essentially Jinx, everyone dies, whether it be here or in the real world.” Dustin begins to push himself up and looks at the girl. “Personally, I’d much rather be killed in a boss battle in game than in a peaceful way in the real world. I’d rather die protecting the people who need it than die in my sleep.” He smiles. His attentionturjs towards the bear as he pulls his fists up again.

The boy and bear stand across from each other, his hands up like he’s ready to hit again, but he knows how this works, Jinx generates hate while Dustin takes the monster down. It was only this fact that keeps him from attacking again and killing this thing. “So, do you want to fight another monster after this or are you good with this one alone?” He keeps his attention on the monster.

Spoiler

ID: 112272

BD: 1

Miss

MD: 5

Miss

Spoiler

[1] @Dustin: 400/400 HP | 20/40 EN | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

[4] @Jinx: HP/EN: 340/340 | 16/34 EN | 74 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>

Edited by Dustin
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone dies? Jinx knew he was right, it would be a fool who would disagree with such a statement and yet, there was something that just didn't...make sense to her about his statement. Death was inevitable yes...but why accept that? She couldn't, and yet, it wasn't her place to...was it? The idea slipped away from her mind the moment it started to make sense, and instead, she simply turned to the boy with a question burning in her pocket. What happened to him, that hurt him so? Why would he accept death as the best option? 

How broken was he...? And how broken was she? Were they both just burdens waiting to get the people around her killed, all because she couldn't look after herself. Was he just as broken? 

"Stand and f...fight!" She yelled at the bear, wanting to distract her from the pain within her chest the more she thought about it. The constant reminder of what the real world of who she was, and no matter how far she tried to deny it. That's who she was in the real world, and people never changed right? The girl was so distracted within her own thoughts that she didn't even answer the boys question, but rather, staring off into the distance with her single eye. 

Was there a point where the broken can be repaired, or was it just not worth the effort to save the and let them rot away? We all have to die, why not let those who are broken lead the charge?

Action: Howl!

Spoiler

[1] @Dustin: 400/400 HP | 20/40 EN | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

[6] @Jinx: HP/EN: 340/340 | 7/34 EN | 74 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>

Dustin’s eyes scan the absolute unit before him. It stood tall, but it was clear it wasn’t gonna be standing much longer. He had done what he said he was gonna do and wanted to make it quick. “I’d say see you in Valhalla, but I’m sure the all father has a better place for you.” His sword art making his hands glow as he walks up to the beast, nothing but respect in his eyes. “That’s too bad, you would’ve loved it.” He slams his first hit into the inside of the giant’s knee, then his other into the other. His next hit would be an elbow into the lower left abdomen, where the kidney would be. This went on for a while until he jumped and hit the monster right behind the jaw.

The Bear explodes and Dustin doesn’t know how he should feel. He knew the bear had to die, and it was only code, but why did it have to be such a beautiful creature? “Not the first bear I’ve killed. But definitely the strongest.” The ground in front of him held his attention with such intensity he forgot the world around him until a message saying “recieved: 1000 col” pops up in front of him and draws him back.

”I say we fight another.” The first words after the fight she could hear. “You used the potion, I wanted a specific item. That potion would be a waste if you just took it and we stopped after one short fight. Besides, spending time with my favorite guildmate.” And one of my best friends. One of my only friends, but one of my best. A friendly smile takes over his face, the kind that’s contagious. What else could he do? It’s not like he could just say “I want to kill nore animals to get a weapon.” He had to not sound like a sociopath, so he didn’t.

Spoiler

ID: 112627

BD: 5 + 2 = 7

Acupuncture on Mama Bear

8 * 9 = 72 DMG

MD: 3

Spoiler

ID: 112628

LD: 2

CD: 2

(HP * 2) col (HP * 2) col (HP * 3) col

1000 col

Spoiler

Mama Bear: 0/200 HP | 60 DMG

[1] Dustin: 400/400 HP | 20/40 EN | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

[6] Jinx: HP/EN: 340/340 | 7/34 EN | 74 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>

@Jinx

Edited by Dustin
  • 4 weeks later...

Valhalla...? All Fathers? The girl ignored the fight taking place to focus on those words, why had Dustin said words like that...and more importantly, why did they resoniate something within her brain? She knew she knew, however knowing she knew didn't help her as she watched Dustin leap forwards and destroy the bear with ease...Hell, it almost looked like...Well, the way he fought. Reminded her of Stryder, who also used their hands to fight. 

Was Dustin trying to become like Stryder? Was that his goal, his ambition in this world? Not to make his own path, but follow the one set by another? She wasn't sure why, but for some reason, she found herself disappointing in the boy if that was the case. He seemed to full of life, it would be a waste if he did anything other than lead from the front. 

She nodded his head at the suggestion...although she couldn't place on why at first "You asked for my help Dustin...As long as you're not, taking me up against large boss monsters. I'm happy to stand beside you as your guildmate....and as your friend" She says softly, the auto-translate function of SAO swapping it from German as she raised her shield on her arm, and even placed her Rapier onto her back. She glanced around, how blood-thristy would this hunt of theirs become, she had to wonder that.

@Dustin

• 2 weeks later...

Dustin looks at where the bear had died, and then over towards Jinx. One day I might have to leave the guild behind, but the problem is, if I get kicked out, I might have to fight her. His eyes move down towards his hands. I couldn’t fight any of them. Let alone her. He looks back up towards her and just falls backwards onto the ground with his arms out. Looking up at the sky he sighs and starts talking, “One day the rest of the guild might hate me. Hell, I’m probably gonna hate me.” He talks in a different tone than before the fight ended, and his words were obviously from the bottom of his heart. “My brother was murdered as you know, and for a while, I couldn’t do anything about that.” He sits up and looks her in the eye, “I’ve found him, and I’m scared of what I might do.” Pain in his voice, like Jinx never would’ve heard in his voice before.

His eyes begin to well up. “I’m scared I might try to kill him. I wanted to, for so long. You don’t come back from that. And I don’t want to lose the family I have left.” Of course she might not know he means the guild, but he didn’t know how else to explain it. They are the most important people to him, but he knew he wanted to tear the man’s head off.

@Jinx

• 3 weeks later...

Jinx frowned at the boy, something about his shifted although at the moment, she couldnt' place a finger on the what. He seemed...upset. And it wasn't long to what it was that plagued him came to light. And the girl found herself in two states. Stunned, at how much the boy was carrying, the sheer burden he has been forced to uphold on his own. How unfair such a burden is being. How he had carried on alone without support, without help. It was impressive, and yet, infinitely sad. He had so much hatred, towards the other person and yet, it was clear he couldnt' make a decision. To kill or not to kill. The girl felt a sad laugh escape her as she walked up to the boy, and gently placed her plated-hand on his shoulder.

"Dustin...I won't pretend to understand that pain you're feeling, i've never lost anyone like that. But you're not a murderer Dustin, remember that. I remember when we went to visit your brother, how you spoke to him. You're a kind person, the fact you're scared of what you'll do is proof of that...If you want Dustin, i can...I'd be more than happy join you when you go confront them. Just promise me one thing, that you won't attack them first....and you won't kill them"

Jinx stood in front of the boy, and did her best not to look upset, even if that was the very emotion running through her chest "Please don't push me away Dustin. I'm your friend so please...?" She wouldn't beg, but she could not let him face his demons alone. No one deserved that. 

Dustin’s friend had just told him something in return and it meant the world to him. Tears started dripping from his eyes. “But this prick took everything from me.” His voice waivering even more. “I can’t just let him get away with what he did, but I can’t just throw the guild away.” He looks up at Jinx... his legs almost move on their own as he pushes off the ground and pulls her into a hug. He couldn’t help it, he just needed to hold something, his whole reality was shifting and maybe this would be the thing that kept him sane. “This man deserves what’s coming to him, but I won’t be the one to kill him. I can’t lose this guild.” He releases her and steps back. “We’re all weirdos but we’re family.” He smiles, wiping away the pixels meant to be tears. He pulls out a cinnamon stick and slides the end into his mouth, holding a cupcake towards the girl with silver hair. “Thanks for the help. It means a lot.” He looks her in the eyes. “If I ever start pushing you away, go ahead and kill me.” He smiles.

@Jinx

Jinx wasn't sure what to except, she wasn't didn't understand emotions...or people for that matter. Often times she just sorta watched and tried to understand, often times failing. This was, yet again, one of those cases where she had no idea WHY Dustin was this emotional. Did he lose his brother, yes, but that wasn't it. He wasn't upset his brother was dead, or namely, the reason he was currently crying. She wasn't' sure and yet, infinitely curious. 

Even the hug caught her off-guard, but she put her arms around him and held Dustin close. He needed someone there for him, that much she did know, So she'd hugged him. Did it help him, yes. Did it help her understand, not at all. But for now, that was enough.

"It isn't easy, and i get that Dustin. But you're my friend, so...i promise i'm here for you. You need me, i'm here for you"

She honestly had no idea if that was helpful, but it seemed to be the right thing before  right after,  Dustin pulled out food! A cupcake!!! The girl smiled, the excitement easy to see as she grabbed the cupcake and took a massive bite, the icing getting on her face, however she paused the moment he said his final sentence.

Jinx gave Dustin the most serious look she could muster, despite icing on her face and the cupcake in her hands "Don't say that...d-don't even joke about that! I couldn't ever hurt you..Just promise me you'll never hurt me...or anyone else"

@Dustin

Dustin smiles for a moment, Jinx wasn’t happy about the last statement and it was obvious. He reaches up and flicks her in the forehead. “Don’t get so serious. There are things in this life we can’t control, people grow apart, arguments happen, fights happen.” he stands up tall and proud. “The best we can do is hold on as tight as we can and have fun while doing it.” He turns and looks at the girl a weak smile on his face. His look soft and his face gentle, as he turns around. “You have no idea how much this little excursion means to me.” His hood moves up as he pulls it, hiding the truth under his hood. He had already found out where he is, this was just a question of whether or not he should.

”I’m going to arrest him. I have connections to the APD.” His eyes fall to the snow. Guess she will hate me once I throw him in a cell to watch him rot. I wish he wasn’t alive anymore. I wish I could run my fingers through his ribcage as his heart stops beating. He balls his fists, looking out towards the nearest monster. The white snow began to shine so bright it hurt his eyes as he looked out.

@Jinx

The girl was confident she'd gotten a good read on the situation, so when Dustin flicked her forehead and she let out a yelp of surprise, she didn't understand what had happened!  She had thought the conversation WAS serious, they were talking about the person who killed his brother, and yet...The girl didn't...understand. 

"Dustin...I couldn't begin to understand...but if nothing else, i'm proud of you. So many people would want him dead, a-and in a world like this...you probably could kill him. The fact you're planning on going to the police...it says so much about you and i couldn't be prouder to call you my friend"

If Alisea was being, completely, honest with herself...the person who killed Dustins' brother deserved to die for what he did. To take another persons life was entirely unacceptable, and...if you end a life, it only made sense that your life, in tern, should be ended. Even if she knew that it was bad to kill...to watch someone suffer, like Dustin was suffering. She felt something in her heart, an ache as if it was slowly bleeding for the boy standing next to her. 

Dustin’s gaze laid across the landscape like a blanket, a few tears still rolling down his face from before. “Look at this game. Look at the beautiful world we got caged in. This is bad, but it could definitely be worse.” He looks back at her. “But could it really? Think about it. Everyone here has gone through something hellish and they all know it. We all have had our traumas, I’m sure even you have had something bad happen to you. It’s not my business unless you want to tell me.” He pulls his hands down and turns around the rest of the way. His eyes meeting hers. “Listen, the reason I don’t go kill him is because I’ve seen what that does to people. I had a friend, well... I’m not sure she likes me that much tell me killing someone is a lot of pain to endure.” He smiles at the girl. “She took her own life. She’s the one who got me into the guild.” His hands land on her shoulder. “It’s not strength that keeps me from taking his life. I mean, I want to take his life more than almost anything else. It’s fear.” His smile grows softer, and his hand drops off her shoulder. Now that she knows that, will she still respect me? Or will she just up and ignore the fact that I’m not really that strong. It’s all just a front. He stands up again, trudging through the snow a few feet away. “We should start heading back, it’s getting late.” He tries to go on without letting her question him any further.

@Jinx

The girl smiled at the boy, it seemed that...he'd suffered so much and yet...here he was, not giving up. Not submitting just yet, there was something amazingly strong in that. The girl couldn't help herself, she reached out and grabbed the boy by his shoulder as he walked off, and hugged him tightly from behind, her arms wrapped around his shoulder/neck, and even rested her head on his shoulder. 

From this distance, even speaking under her breath, the boy would be able to hear her "There is pain everywhere Dustin. In loss, in death, in living. To be alive means that...you have to accept the pain that'll follow it" She had no idea if she could help him...She wasn't that strong, and yet, she was supposed to help someone so much stronger than she? It seemed so impossible, and yet here she was...trying her best.

His story...In a sad way, she knew who this was...Stryder had talked about her enough times. The former-Guild member. She had taken her own life, and...while Stryder had never said it to her, he said enough for her to work it out. The girl had caused pain. Jinx simply smiled a little "To be afraid is not bad. Someone in our guild taught me that. Being afraid is something you can work with, learn from...Also, are you sure you want to leave Dustin...? W-we...we only fought a single monster? I thought you said you wanted to grind out some monsters... r-right?"