[PP-F1] One Step Closer

It was mid-day, the sun shined brightly on those below in the Town of New Beginnings. Jade stared at the bulletin board, unable to decide where she was going to take her life from here. "Why can't be this easy..."  She mumbled to herself. The board was full of guilds that needed or wanted members. She could chose one from up there, or just turn around and walk away. She knew she needed to join a group of people eventually, she just didn't know which group to go with, also her legs were getting tired from standing for so long. She decided to grab one paper full of info from almost every guild that had these little bits of propaganda, except a few, and walked over to a table and laid them all down, reading each one over carefully. She started getting tired while around halfway through reading them, and fell asleep. Her head being the paperweight that stopped the flyers from blowing away. 

(OOC: Hazado, this is for the guild thing in case you couldn't tell.)

@Hazado and or @Neopolitan

Edited by Ghost

Neo was coming to the first floor for the first time in a while. She had been holding back from doing so for some time now because of the bad memories that were held there now. But sooner or later she would need to get over the parts of her past she didn't wish to face. Braving herself from the transporter in Nimbus, Neo selected the Town of Beginnings on the menu and let the blue light envelop her. Arriving there, she turned towards the monument of life and checked a very specific crossed out name. It took her some time to find it, but next to that name was a second. Tracing her finger down towards the other name, she noticed that it was also crossed out, mentally noting the name next to that one, she laid down her flowers next to the first and made her way out of the place of death.

Passing by the bulletin board on the first floor, Neo decided to take a look to see if there was anything that she could do. There wasn't often people really trying to get others to come with them for help. Everyone who wasn't solo either already had their group or only got together by pure happenstance. Very few times had Neo contacted anyone outside of her guild specifically for a meetup. Even when it was with people she had known before, they were almost never prearranged meetings. She was a little dissatisfied with the selection of what was available. A couple beginners asking where to get the first quest, but mostly just guilds plastering their advertisements on the boards to attract newer players. It was honestly quite disgusting to see how blatantly propagandic these posters were. It was why Neo never talked with the rest of her guild-mates about advertising their guild. They had little to offer anyways. Their guild hall was technically her shop and all the members were basically a family. There wasn't much room for new people unless they wanted to actually join up. No point trying to persuade people to join when they either would join or they wouldn't.

About to leave the place back for some floor to go grind some levels or gear at, Neo turned to see a girl sleeping at one of the nearby tables. It was dangerous to be sleeping out in the open like this, there were a few players that supposedly made you accept a full health duel to kill you while you were in a safe zone. Not wanting this to happen to anyone after losing a friend to PKers herself, Neo sat down next to the girl to make sure no one interrupted them. She also pulled out a blanket from her inventory and draped it over the girl. This floor wasn't that cold, but anything to help with comfort was the least she could do.

The girl seemed to be about the same age, but Neo wasn't too surprised at that. There seemed to be quite a few girls whose boyfriends let them play the game first or some other story. Though there definitely still seemed to be a disproportionate amount of girls that were making it high. Guess it was finally time that the status quo got to change. Neo's parasol was its usual pink as she opened it to block out a little bit of the sun that was peeking through the light cloud coverage. Pulling open her inventory and skill list to figure out some other tweaks to do to her build, Neo laid back in wait for the girl to wake up.

@Ghost (DM me or Haz on discord for the guild server invite [Blue names, we both use our main character names in our discord names])

Jade's eyes opened slowly. There was something around her, it was warm and cozy. She sat up dazed and looked around, a small note stuck to her cheek which said "Please join, we have cookies". There was a girl around the same age across from her. Her reaction at first was to stare at the neighboring player, her expression perplex and confused. Then her face was flooded by embarrassment and a hint of guilt as it turned red. "I-I... Um..." She forced her eyes down to the table. Great. Jade thought to herself. You got someone to worry about you, you know someone else out there needs it more then you. Your just wasting her time. She shook nervously, watching a few of the papers blow off the table. After careful consideration "H-hey, sorry if this sounds weird, but a-are you an experienced player?" She asked, hoping to get some advice for her current problem.

@Neopolitan

Haz looked at the time and he started to think a bit Why was it taking Neo so long to get her time for going on a grind to get some gear, Somehow did she get lost on floor one or something else Haz took no Risk and with his Armor on he made is way to Floor one. It was here that Haz really was seen as a powerful player even tho he was not that strong yet. Making around on floor one in the town of beginners he saw players look at him talking a bit and kind of backing off from where Hazado was walking. It seemed like that players did not want to talk to him because he seemed to have some stronger armor then most, But he was not bothered by it now he just wanted to find Neo. His greenish armor was quite easy to spot not only because it was Heavy armor but also because Hazado was towering above a lot of people being 6'3" Feet and all.

Upon coming to walk past the bulletin board he looked around and it took not long as the ring began to warm up a bit Knowing Neo was close. Once getting closer Haz spots papers fly away from a table and he grabs them looking at them a bit as it seemed they where Guild advertise papers even one of his own guild. He smiled under his helmet and walked up to the table placing them on the table and a rock to keep them in place, "Think you lost something here..." He paused for a bit and notice not only the ring was now completely warm but also that the second person was Neo herself, "Well I call this luck, Happy to see you too Neo, I was waiting for you but It seems luck in finding you was easy. Who is your new friend," He asked looking at the girl sitting on the other side of the table? He placed a hand on Neo's shoulder and smiled under his helmet again, "Seems you are a busy Girl Miss, Are you looking at guilds?" He asked her waiting for a response from the girl sitting on the other side of Neo.

@Ghost @Neopolitan

Neo didn't have to wait too long before the girl stirred. Thankfully, no one had come around. But it was better safe than sorry in this world so unfortunately filled with PKers. Just as Neo was about to get up to leave the girl be, she heard her ask a question. Neo just waved her hand in a so-so motion to answer her question. Though yes she had done a few things in this game, she didn't really feel like it was much of anything noteworthy. She had yet to fight a floor boss, and was certainly not the best at much of anything besides maybe cooking. But at the very least, Neo could probably give some advice.

Just as she was about to sit back down to see what the girl wanted help with, Neo noticed Hazado coming her way. He was probably looking for her as they were going to go out farming for a bit. Feeling a little bit guilty, Neo walked up and gave him a quick peck on the cheek of his helmet before sending him a message to let him know what had happened. Once that was done, Neo moved into her inventory to sdwitch out her gear. Her parasol turned black as the weight of the demonic weapon came back to Neo.

TO: @Hazado

Found the girl sleeping and didn't want her to get duel PKed. We can head up to floor 21 for farming now if you'd like. But if you're going to try to get her into the guild, make sure not to push it too hard. Let her make her own decision.

@Hazado@Ghost

The neighboring player held out her hand and waved it in a recognizable motion. "I-I'm low level, and I-I just wanted some advice for guilds." She clasped her hands together on the table. "I-I don't know what to do..." She said miserably, clearly distressed. She heard the sounds of metal clanking behind her, she turned and saw a man in armor approach, holding one of the flyers that flew off the table. The man in armor and the player that arrived before appeared to have known each other, no more then known each other. The man indirectly asked for her name. "I-I'm Ghost..." She said shyly. She looked at the papers she was hunched over. "Ye-Yeah I'm looking for a guild to join, but its hard t-to choose..." Jade looked shaken. The part she feared most was meeting the other members of the guild she would join. Fearing they would hate her, or dislike her. Meaning she would force herself to choose a small guild. "I want to join a s-small guild, and I was going t-to ask her for some advice." She gestured towards the player the man called "Neo".

@Neopolitan

@Hazado

Haz looks to the girl seeing that she is a bit uneasy as he got there, he opened his menu and his helmet disappeared. Once his face was revealed to the girl, it was a brown haired guy as his hair was kind of messy and yellow eyes. A warm and friendly smile came on his face and he took out his hand to shake it to Ghost, "Hazado and this is Neo, She is not really much of a talker so I can help... I kind of know what she thinks most of the time," Haz said to the girl He turned to Neo as he got the message, "I won't push, That is just mean," He said jokingly. He took a seat from the other place and sat down with a bit of trouble but sat down with a smile, "A guild you said. well what kind of one do you wish to join as there are quite a few, some are frontlines and others are level guilds. Maybe you want to join crafters or something like that, The most important thing about a guild is to get to know the people you wish to join," Haz said with a smile. 

He looked at the flyers and took out a very easy one with a Garnet Gemstone as the logo with some other things added to it, "Look here this is the Garnet Rangers, As you see at the recruiter you can see a very familiar name," He said pointing at the name as it said Hazado, "Yep, I'm with the Garnet Rangers and so is Neo, It is quite a small guild for sure, maybe 4 members but the two other members are quite a bit busy now," He said with a smile to the girl.

@Neopolitan @Ghost

She listened carefully to the man, she grabbed every detail she could get her hands on. "I'm just looking for a guild to level myself up, and somewhere to feel welcome.""The G-Garnet, Rangers?" She asked slowly. It seemed like an ideal fit for her, almost no one seemed to have the time to her and better yet talk to her if half of the members are busy. "T-that sounds like the kind of guild I'm l-looking for, I don't want to join a b-big guild. To many people make m-me feel sick." Jade continued. "Are y-you accepting n-new members?" She forced herself to say it, though she was kind of hoping they would say no, the only reason she was doing this was because some one had asked her to. If they said no, she could walk away saying that she tried. Hopefully they would give up on trying to get her to join groups and guilds and leave her be, isolated, just like she wanted it. "I-I know I don't look like much, b-but I'm good at gathering m-materials." She continued, she mind as well put her best foot forward if she was denied, that way she would have even more reason to let him leave her be.

@Hazado

Haz looks to Ghost and smiles and places his hand on the table and looks at Ghost as she starts speaking. He notices on how she was speaking and he notices something he has seen before but less aggressive. It was something that people did talking themselves down, he did it himself before but got out of it on later years. "Well, we are looking for members, yes, and well you are not helping us... We help you most of the part here," He said to Ghost knowing that she would understand that Leveling guild would mainly help its lower level players. He turns to Neo "Well you got both Us as the highest level players and well we got two others but they are very kind, trust me you like it," Haz said wanting Ghost to trust him a bit more as it was quite nice to at least get some more members into his Guild. Sure Haz could just read her right away that something was a mist with her but he did not say it now, all do come at a time.

@Ghost @Neopolitan

“Oh… Right… Hehe…” Jade laughs nervously. No! They are accepting? She thought to herself. Then I need to make myself look as unappealing as possible. But how do I do that? She continued to ponder She let out a sigh, thinking of ways to get out of the situation she got herself more. “Yeah… I will.” She lied. Trust me. Jade thought to herself. Where did I hear that before… The most memorable time when anyone told her “Trust me” was after the car accident. Yeah, she wasn’t going to trust anyone, not even herself. “S-So… Does that mean I-I’m getting in?” She wanted to confirm. Please say no, please say no. Jade crossed her fingers under the table. She held her breath, everything seemed to stop moving, the answer determined everything she would be doing in the future. She didn't want to join, but her friend would give her hell for it if she didn't.

@Hazado

Neo watched as Haz did his best to actually recruit the girl. As interested as she seemed to be in joining a guild, it seemed she was more trying to just get lost inside the masses if anything. That probably wouldn't happen in their guild. With other guild members, she would be noticed because there was only 3 other people they could look to. And when it came to other players, Neo realized that she and Haz might accidentally put themselves on the map if they end up doing good at a raid or something. Putting them on the map, that would put the guild on the map too. Making her way to sit next to Ghost, Neo just placed a hand over the girl's hands. Though the burden of her weapon was saying to just slice her throat, she silently reminded it that that wasn't even a possibility right now. She looked at the girl with calm in her eyes, doing her best to convey silently that this was her decision to make. No point in succumbing to the pressure of someone's recruitment efforts. Hazado had done his job, it was now the girl's turn to decide. There was no sense strying to strongarm someone into a guild that held themselves up about family values.

@Ghost @Hazado (OOC: Ghost, go ahead and DM Neo on Discord so we can invite you to the server, or just say in the general chat who you are so we know who to send the invite to)

He looks to Neo and looks back at Ghost, "I think she is trying to say, It is up to you, If you do tho just remember you probely will get involved into something. And a few members we have may be shocking to you, well one for sure but the other is more of a well... Mom, I would say," He said to Ghost seeing what she wanted to say, somehow Haz wanted to help the girl feel better in this world as he did now, having the hopes of getting out and start something new. "He Ghost Look at me. It is your choice to say if you want to be in the guild or not, A guild is just to help yourself, If you want I can help you get stronger so you can help others as well," He said to Ghost waiting for her response with the hopes she would say yes. He looks to Neo with a look on his face like, I know what you did, And you know we need to grow at least a bit. Before looking back to Ghost waiting for her response.

@Ghost @Neopolitan

Jade thought to herself. It was entirely up to her now, well, mostly up to her now. That and the one who said it would be good to join a group. She couldn't say no know, it would rude, inconsiderate, and just a waste of time and effort for the other players. "I-I'll do it." Jade said slowly. "I'll join you g-guys."  She became lost in thought as after she spoke, it was like a wave of mixed emotions. Some wanting to take back what she said, others wanting to try to meet the her new guild. Whatever it was caused Jade to get dizzy, she was sitting down, which meant the risk of passing out and falling was at a minimum. "I just w-want to be stronger... J-just enough to help..."  Jade spoke quietly, letting them know the reason she would ever join a group was to help people. Who knows maybe she might end up being social one day and find someone like herself to help. A weak smiled formed across Jade's face at the thought.

@Hazado

@Neopolitan

Edited by Ghost

Haz his armor started moving a bit and he did not know why before he looked down seeing a small monster tugging to his leg. He opens his inventory and with one click on something his whole armor disappears and he was not only wearing his under armor and his Orange clothing popped up. He looks down at the monster again that was tugging his feet a bit now making less noise before picking it up as Ghost was thinking about what she wanted to do. As he got the monster on his lap Both girl could see it as well now, It was a Cobalt Pseudo Dragon and Well neo would clearly know its name as it was Roman that was tugging to Haz his leg. 

Then Ghost spoke again and she was ready to say things she wanted to say, It was clear to Haz that Ghost was not completely ready to get into a guild but it was clear she wanted to help at least someone. "It is as you say Ghost, I can help you become stronger for sure the whole guild can and you will fit in just fine we are all a bit weird," he said with a grin on his face. He gave Roman a small pat on the head before handing him over to Neo as it was her familiar and all but it seems Roman did like Haz too. "So if you want Ghost we can gather most guild members in a place to get you introduced and stuff. But just feel at ease okay we are all friends here," He said sending Ghost a friend request and after that, a guild invite into the guild.

@Ghost @Neopolitan

Thankfully, the girl seemed to relax a bit, and eventually agreed to join the guild. Neo backed off at that point, letting her and Haz deal with the details as needed. Neo did send a friend request over to the girl as well though. No sense having someone in your guild if they weren't going to also be your friend. That was what this guild was about. It was really just a convenient way for the, to consolidate friends lists a bit and communicate a bit more en masse. Noticing Hazado Had Roman though, Neo went over and extended her hand. Roman was growing rather fond of Hazado's presence, though was still quite aloof. Much like Neo had been in her early days. But for now he coiled around her neck providing that comforting cold of his scales. Hopefully she and her husband would be able to still go out gathering, though it seemed they may want to help out this girl for a little while longer before they went to a much higher floor.

@Hazado@Ghost

"O-ok..." Jade said, her voice still a bit shaky. She didn't know what to expect from this, but it was making her very nervous. What had she gotten herself into. Jade opened her inventory and pulled out a small thin lanky silver chain, and started wrapping it and unwrapping it around her hands under the table. To her, this was a stress ball. PING! The noise startled her, jumping in her seat. She noticed something out of the corner of her eye, something she had never seen before. New Friend Pending Request! She stared at it for a moment, before realizing that the other players couldn't see it. She opened her menu and selected the request. Neo... Jade looked up. Was that her? She thought to herself, looking at the player next to her, assuming that it was probably that player. Jade turned back accepting the request. Jade's eyes widened when the man asked if she wanted to meet the other members. She wasn't a fan of exactly gatherings. "N-no! I mean, yes, I mean.. I-I..." Jade closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths before opening her eyes again and facing Hazado. "...I'm just not very good with people." It took Jade a lot to admit this to someone, but she figured it would be easier in the long run if she told them this now.

@Hazado

@Neopolitan

Edited by Ghost

It was good to see that Ghost accepted the guild invite and friend request, It meant that they would get things ready to go. As Ghost said she was not good with people Haz thought about how he was first, sure he was good with words but around people, he would just be awkward. "No worry Ghost, you will like them, and there are not many of them at all. And you know us already so we can ask especially one to calm down, I would believe Aris-san would be just fine, somehow she can fit in everywhere." He said saying Hydravion, a guild members real name as she told him many times to just call her Aris or any other given name. It was good to know that thing would be rounding up now and Haz looked at the time and noticed it was a perfect time to eat something. He opened his inventory and got out three bottles of drinks and three Aincrad Donuts and giving them to the two girls and himself, "Here it is on me, why not take one to start off with a new friendship I would say," He said smiling friendly to Ghost taking the third bottle and starting to drink, "Cheers" He said before going on with drinking.

@Ghost @Neopolitan

Neo watched as the girl finally began to warm up to the two of them. Though she knew it  would probably be some time before they completely came out of their shell, at least some progress was being made. It seemed that Haz wanted to put off their gathering for a meeting, so Neo decided it would probably be best if she headed to their pseudo guild hall and wiped down her tables. Giving Haz another peck on the cheek and taking the drink and donut, Neo made her way to the teleporter. Hopefully Haz would understand she was going to her shop for the guild meeting, and if not he would receive a guild announcement shortly later that declared as much. Once that was sent out, Neo madee her way to Deepedge and cleared out any of the monsters lurking on the route. She would probably give some of the COl to Ghost and Hazado, and they might kill a couple on their way there. Once at her shop though, Neo just fruiously cleaned the tables to make sure things were presneetable for when she actually had people sitting at them.

@Ghost@Hazado (one more post each will close this out)

[OOC: Sorry about the late response. I had a few finals I needed to do and study for.]

"T-Thanks..." Jade said cautiously before downing the substance. It was sweet and had an odd, but delicious flavor. She drank small sips, gradually the drink within the bottle disappeared. She moved onto the donut, it was a plain donut, nothing special. She wasn't a fan of them, that and frosting. If she ate to much, then she would just feel sick. Though through training and experience, her tolerance to them has expanded to about, three at a time. She eyed the donut before eating it. She was a very, very slow eater. "T-Thanks again. F-For both the food, a-and letting me j-join." She said quietly, trying not to disturb the peace that seemed to fall over everything. Jade watched as the girl got up and left. Jade tilted her head curiously. I wonder what she is up to. Jade thought to herself, before facing forward again. I guess that means everyone is going their separate ways then, the inevitable parting of ways. That sounds like something... That could work. Jade opened her menu, getting out her small black book along with a quill and began writing. She was going to stay at the table, she didn't feel like leaving, it was peaceful, quiet, and relaxing. All things Jade didn't get much of. She patiently waited for the last player to leave, using her book to waste time.

@Hazado

(No worry Ghost I been Dead for a long time than you)

Seeing that Neo and Ghost accepted the donut Haz gave both a smile, "Well I'm happy you like it," He said calmly looking to Neo as she stood up to leave he was at first a bit confused but he then understood what she was planning to do Haz stood up from his seat and looked to Ghost, "I be happy to help in any way I can, Just give me a call and I will come to help, On the plus side you would get to know how we handle things as well here, "He said with a smile to Ghost. He then looked as the book Ghost got out and he smiled "Making sure things are noted down is always a good thing Good luck you," He said standing up before taking his leave behind Neo, "See you soon Ghost, Don't get too reckless and start fighting something you can't handle," He said to her before completely going out of view here. Making his way to the teleporter Haz went to floor 7 and look if he could get up with Neo but with no luck, at all so, he decided to make his way to the location he thought was good looking for the house he was making and get things going there.

Thread Summary:
@Ghost:         1 SP | 400 Col | Joined the Guild
@Neopolitan: 1 SP
@Hazado:      1 SP