[F02-PP] <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> Fists of Iron [RESTARTED]

Nodding I listened to what he was saying. “That makes sense, I need to get a better grip on my style. But for this stupid Boulder this should work!” and I slammed my fist into it putting all my force behind in this time. Still, the health bar stubbornly stayed where it was. Sighing, I backed off some and glared at it. “A friend request would be great, man. I know I’ve learned a lot from you and you seem like a cool guy.” I said smiling. I looked back to the rock and just analyzed it for a moment. I looked across it for points of weakness or places I could attack it better. Tactics and strategy isn’t important here. It’s just a rock so why can’t I damage it! It’s not like the stupid thing moves! I just glared at it, annoyed that I couldn’t seem to finish it off. I’ll get it though. I can do this. Stupid rock.

Punch Results:

Spoiler
  • ID 111437
    •  Battle: 1 + 2 = 3 (MISS!)
  • Boulder: HP 5/50 | EVA -2

@Dustin

Edited by Mortambo

Dustin sits and watches the other player try again and fail, as Dustin just sits and eats his pie. Remembering back when he was learning this skill, he smiles as he takes a bite and looks over to the player. His hand opens the menu and navigates to the friends section. There he selects add friend as he types in “Mortambo” and it shows the player. Wonder how he got the name. It’s not my business, but it is just so intriguing. Mine’s obvious. But his isn’t obvious at all. He selects send request, and a tone rings out from the other player. Dustin waits for him to respond and then he turns back to his pie, not knowing what else to do. “If the next hit fails, I could break it for you, it’s up to you.” He looks up in the corner to the time and sits back looking up at the sky.

@Mortambo

As I am standing there frustrated I get the pop up for the friend request. Tapping accept I look back at the rock still glaring at it. Hearing Dustin’s offer, I shake my head. “I appreciate it,” I say turning to him and giving him a slight smile and turned towards him, “but I think you’re right. I need to do this part myself. I’m just sorry your stuck here watching me beat myself to death on this STUPID ROCK!” And with that exclamation I spun on my heel and delivered a punch with my whole body all of my frustration channeled through my fists. I watched as the Boulder’s HP dropped to just over half of what it was. "I hate this thing. I see why you wanted to get this over with. I think I’ve learned just about everything I can from it," I said beating my fist slowly on the Boulder as I spoke. 

Punch Results:

Spoiler
  • ID 111580
    •  Battle: 7 + 2 = 9 (HIT!)
  • Boulder: HP 3/50 | EVA -2 

@Dustin

Edited by Mortambo

Dustin’s legs push him back to his feet. I know it’s his quest, I know he should get the last hit, but I have places to be, and people to see. I have important things to do. He walks towards the Boulder and says to the person standing there. “I know what it’s like to want to take the last hit, but I got a hot date after this so I can’t wait for you to break this thing.” He pulls his arm back, ignoring the obvious lie that just came from his own mouth and he launches it forward, crashing right through the huge rock in their way. “Go tell the old man it’s done, then just mozey on through, it’s done.” He turns and walks away, making sure to take note of how much easier it was than when he challenged the stupid rock with Stryder and the gang. I guess I really am getting stronger, who knows, maybe I’ll catch up to Hei soon. He shakes his head and puts his hands in his pockets, walking out on the little break he just took. Now it was back to the lonely life of finding a monster to kill.

ID: 111638

BD: 4 + 4 = 8

3 - 8 = 0 HP

Boulder: 0 HP | -2 EVA

@Mortambo

Edited by Dustin

Leaning with my head on the Boulder, pounding my fist against it I just repeated the same litany over and over. Stupid Boulder, stupid Boulder, stupid Boulder. I heard Dustin say something about taking the last hit and I looking up right as he punched it and the Boulder cracked in two. “Thanks man, I wanted the last hit too for posterity, but this stupid thing wasn’t cooperating.” I said kicking one of the pieces. As he walked away I called out “I’ll be sure to send you a message when I’m ready to do some hunting!” It seemed like Dustin was already on his way back to whatever business he had taken a break from to help me out. I walked back over to the NPC and motioned to the Boulder. “There it’s done.” He said, “And have you learned something?” “Yes. That punching boulders is stupid. I’m done with this quest.”

Thread Summary:

Spoiler
  • Thread Rewards
    • 1 SP
    • 400 col (split)
  • Quest Rewards
    • 1 SP
    • Party Leader unlocks <<Martial Arts>>
  • Mortambo
    • 2 SP
    • 200 Col
    • Unlocked <<Martial Arts>>