[SP-F01] Some Time Alone <<The Second Lesson is Also Free>>

Kirbs huffed in an annoyed manner as she threw a rock at the ground. Whatever, I can do this quest by myself. I don't need anyone helping me! I've gotten stronger. I can practically one shot them! One thing Kirbs hated the most were quitters. If they were quitting over something stupid, then yeah, she was fine with that. But when someone quits for the most stupidest reason, she has the right to be angry.  He could've just waited for me! She told herself, throwing another rock at the ground, but he had to leave. Could've given me five more bloody minutes and I would've been done! She sat on a rock, Scarfy snaking around her neck with an amused glint in his eye as he watched his owner have a breakdown because of a simple boy. She looked at her obviously satisfied familiar and scoffed, tugging on her hair with frustration. "We don't need him, though. We can do this quest by ourself. We don't need anyone! Ain't that right, Scarfy?"

Spoiler

Stats:

LVL: 11

HP: 220

EN: 22

DMG: 4

ACC: 3

EVA: 3

MIT: 24

Paralyze: 1

Recovery: 2

Perfect: Green  Rare: Blue   Uncommon: Yellow  Vanity: Orange

Equipped:

Gamers Anklet: 1 ACC, 1 EVA

Pixel Hearts: 2 Recovery

> Shatterglass: 2 ACC, 1 Paralyze 

Energenic Guard: 1 EVA, 2 MIT (19)

Prosperous Bundle: 3 LD 

Rupee Ring: 1 EVA

Items:

> 5 Starter Healing Potions: Heals 50 HP

Skills:

> T2 Dagger Skill

> T1 Light Armor Skill

> T1 Damage Familiar Skill

Edited by Kirbs

She felt her familiar curl around her neck even tighter and took that as a yes. "Alright. We don't need anyone. We can carry our own arses!" She declared to nobody."I don't need a depressed, dopey child helping me with anything. I can do my own work, especially with him! She huffed and got her lazy laurel off of the rock. Unsheathing her dagger, she pointed the blade at the plains of the floor and narrowed her eyes. I'm coming for you, you pesky worthless hogs! She rushed off, honestly loving the feeling of wind hit her face as she did so. No boundaries. No one telling me what to do. This is true freedom! She let out a throaty giggle as she felt the bottom of her boot crunch against the perfect grass. This is Aincrad. No pesky rules are going to keep me bound! I'm a free bird!

Kirbs bit her lip as she faced the baby boar.  Oh my, aren't you adorable? Gah, I can't kill you, but I must! She heaved a depressing sigh, feeling her legs grow weak like jelly. Looking over at Scarfy, she knew that he had zero remorse for this creature, but she didn't mind. He was a mix of a bloody snake and a fox after all, of course, he wouldn't feel crap for a tiny boar. She chuckled to herself as she drew her dagger up into the air, only for it to be dropped to the ground a moment later. She fell to her knees and somewhat sobbed. "I can't do it! It's too adorable!" While in the middle of her semi-breakdown, the baby boar charged for her. Her eyes glinted with seriousness as she quickly jumped away from it. Narrowing her eyes at the mob, she let out a low mutter, "Well, love. I was gonna spare you, but position am I in now?"

Combat:

Spoiler

ID: 111295

BD: 1+3=4, Fail

-2 EN

Kirbs: H:0 | HP: 220/220 | EN: 22/22 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Paralyze | 21 MIT

CD: 11, Regains 2 EN

MD: 7-3=4, Evaded!

Baby Boar: HP: 5/5 | 3 DMG

Edited by Kirbs

Combat:

The boar snorted as she made her claim which only made Kirbs ticked off even more. Her eyes turned narrow as she quickly picked up her dagger. "This is your fault, just so you know," she snickered to herself. She could sense the boar getting ready to attack her once again, so she quickly started up her least lethal sword art. Ah, this should do the trick. She gave a broad smile as her dagger lit up. Peeking at the boar, she drew her dagger back. Just as the baby monster launched off of its feet, she lunged forward and stabbed it. The boar let out a meek oink, which only made a giggle escape from Kirbs as she dashed around to the other side of the animal, penetrating its side again with her dagger. Watching it disappear into a flurry of blue, she sheathed her dagger and narrowed her eyes at the boar tusk on the ground. "I told you, you shouldn't have done that."

Spoiler

ID: 111297

BD: 7, Success

>>Round Accel>> on Boar

-2 EN

Kirbs: H:0 | HP: 220/220 | EN: 22/22 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Paralyze | 21 MIT

CD: 11, +2 EN

Baby Boar: HP: 0/5 | 3 DMG K.O

ID: 111298

LD: 10+3=13, Success

Total Boar Tusks: 1

Edited by Kirbs

Kirbs clapped her hands together and let out a large grin. This wasn’t going to be hard at all. She had already gotten one tusk and it’s barely been an hour. Perhaps my luck is turning around after all! She sighed happily and fell down into a crossed legged position. She felt already drained of energy, but not exactly. Was it because Scarfy had been strangling her arm for a solid five minutes? ... Possibly. Holding the risk up to her face, she let out a breathy sigh. “This is pretty small. It looks kind of cool though, don’t you think?” She turned her head to her familiar—who for once, was not on any part of her body. The Nguruvilu tilted its head in question but didn’t really perform some sort of reaction after that. Kirbs let out a yawn and held her arm out. “Alright, let’s go. We need three of these after all.“

Edited by Kirbs

Kirbs soon quickly found a new boar.  The first one ruined my damn impression on you guys, sorry! She said in her head, activating her sword art. Dashing forward with the weight of Scarfy on her arm. The boar had barely noticed her before she had slashed through its body, creating a large red cut on its flank. "Sorry," she said once again, "but just tell your buddies to piss off next time, yeah?" She said dumbly, watching it disappear into dozens of blue shards. She felt Scarfy loosen around her arm and gave a sigh. "This is too easy. Too easy that it's almost boring!" She sighed and threw the tusk in her inventory. Damn, this kind of sucks, she said to herself, like, a lot.  She fell backward onto the ground with a thud and let out another long sigh. I wanna take a nap so frekin' bad!

Combat: 

Spoiler

ID: 111305

BD: 3+3=6, Success

>>Round Accel>> on Boar

-2 EN

Kirbs: H:0 | HP: 220/220 | EN: 22/22 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Paralyze | 21 MIT

CD: 8, +2 EN

Baby Boar #2: HP: 0/5 | 3 DMG K.O

ID: 111306

LD: 8+3=11, Success

Total Boar Tusks: 2

Edited by Kirbs

Kirbs let out a low groan as she laid on the ground. This quest had been far too easy now that she was at a much higher level, and it had bugged her a lot. She would have so much more free time now that she could just one shot the boars. She had thought about doing some gathering for this quest, especially since she was so low on materials and stuff like that. I guess today is an off day for me. She pressed herself farther into the grass and sighed. She was bored yet again, and that feeling was completely gnawing through her. She turned her head to the right and connected her gaze with Scarfy. "Are you bored, Scarfy?" She asked, her mouth forming into a pout. Her familiar flicked its black forked tongue in and out, its black slit eyes showing no understanding. Kirbs sighed and turned to face the sky again. "Thought so."

Gathering:

Spoiler

ID:111521

LD: 14+3=17

Total Mats: 1

Edited by Kirbs

Kirbs slashed through the bore with ease, a bored look on her face clearly showing as she did so. As the boar disintegrated into the air, Kirbs quickly sheathed the dagger with a sigh. This quest had been... uneventful. Kirbs was all for some easy EXP but this was just boring her at the moment. She wanted a challenge. Picking up the boar tusk, she let out a low whistle before placing it in her inventory. Alright, that's all of the ones I need for this quest. I guess it's time to head back now. She sighed and looked up at the sky. It was still relatively bright outside, she probably had enough time to do some out of quest gathering before she had to go back to return the tusks. It would be handy for her shop too. Her materials are practically nonexistent at the moment, and she had a handful of orders that needed to be finished.

Combat:

Spoiler

ID: 111603

BD: 5+3=8, Success

<<Round Accel>> on Boar

Kirbs: H:0 | HP: 220/220 | EN: 21/22 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Paralyze | 21 MIT

Baby Boar #3: HP: 0/5 | 3 DMG K.O

ID: 111306

LD: 19, Success

Total Boar Tusks: 3

Edited by Kirbs
  • 3 weeks later...

Kirbs bit her lip to hold back a sigh as she trudged through the endless fields of grass. Her head was aching and going back to the town would only worsen it. She figured she would stay in the wild for just a bit longer, the day was still young after all. She felt Scarfy tighten around her arm and she let out a low hiss. Her familiar seemed oblivious to his master's pain, which only infuriated her more. Bloody familiar is so damn clueless, she said moodily in her head. She huffed and turned to look the other way. At least he gets the work done, that's all I care about. Kirbs internally scoffed at the statement but she didn't take it back. Scarfy really did sometimes help her out in battle whether she liked it or not. Her crimson gaze scattered across the field, finding nothing but endless supplies of long grass and wildflowers and weeds. 

Gathering:

Spoiler

ID: 112223

LD: 8+3=11, Fail

Total Mats: 0

Edited by Kirbs
  • 1 month later...

Kirbs quickly picked up the small gemstone and examined it. The gem was opaque and was a red-orange colour with splashes of white. She tilted the gem and brung it up to her sparkling eyes. Topaz, perhaps? She thought to herself as she stuffed the gem in her inventory. At least she had found something useful enough to make jewellery and trinkets out of. Kirbs' hand flickered over to her menu. She stared at the transparent clock. It was barely noon. What was she going to do for the next eight hours? She fell back on to the grass with a groan. Scarfy slithered off her arm and laid next to her. Turning her head towards her familiar, she forced out a small frown. "Why do you hate me so much, Scarfy?" His yellow eyes stared right back at her as if almost deciphering her question. His tongue flickered in and out before he dropped his head back on the ground. Kirbs sighed and turned up to the sky.

Gathering:

Spoiler

ID: 113641

LD: 12+3=15, Success

Total Materials: 1

Edited by Kirbs

[Flashback cause why not]

Kirbs let out a yelp as she collided with something solid. Just as she was about fall on her bum, a hand grasped her wrist and pulled her back up. She jumped back and shut her eyes, preparing for the worst to happen. “Step back, mister!” At least she hoped it was a mister. If it was a lady, then she would have to ask for work out tips. “I know karate, and I can  beat your arse if I need to!” She lied nervously, throwing her arms up in a stance she saw from Karate Kid. When the sound of wheezing reached her ears, she nervously opened her eyes to see a boy about her age on his knees, gasping for breath. She blinked at the sight in front of her before her conscious kicked her in the arse. “Bloody hell,” knelt down beside the heaving body, “I didn’t kill you, right? Oh, I am so dead if I get an orange cursor. You would be dead! I would be so dead if you were to be dead.” The body only wracked with another wheeze. “Holy [#%*$]. What do I do? Does CPR work in this game? Oh God, I’m sorry for whatever I did.”

Gathering:

Spoiler

ID: 113722

LD: 11+3=14, Fail

Total Materials: 1

Edited by Kirbs

The body convulsed on the floor as another wheeze echoed from it. "Wait a minute. How do you even- You can't- what the hell?" She sputtered, her face filled with bewilderment. She stepped back and watched as the body finally stopped having a frekin' contraction. A light breath can be heard as she nervously watched the boy slowly stand up.

"Oh, honey, you crack me up way too much," the stranger said, his voice hoarse from what she assumed from laughing too much. 

"H-honey?!" She shrieked, earning a smirk from the stranger. "Back off, mister! I'm not afraid to use this!" She pulled out her standard dagger. which was pretty pathetic to her. She gulped, trying to look at the stranger's sky blue eyes without flinching. 

His face dropped a bit, and he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Look, I don't mean no harm, aight?" He held his hands up and looked at her with raised brows.

"What?"

"What do you mean, 'what?' I surrender!"

Gathering:

Spoiler

ID: 113752

LD: 18+3=21, Success

Total Materials: 2

Edited by Kirbs

Kirbs blinked at the man in front of her. "S-stop messing around! I really mean it!" She scolded, narrowing her eyes at him cautiously. She didn't want to funny business from strangers, especially this fishy one right in front of her.

"And I really mean it! Sheesh, woman! What do you want me to do?" He met his eyes with hers, making her visibly flinch and take a step back. "See? Jesus, you're too scared to even look me in the eyes," he huffed, taking a step closer to her. "Do you know how easy it would be to kill you right now?" He narrowed his eyes at her, his icy eyes striking fear into her.

Her heart dropped as she dropped her dagger. "I-I," she stuttered, tears starting to pool down her cheeks, "I m-mean. Yes... b_but please don't kill me. Please, I haven't been to Paris o-or the Bahamas..." she started rambling, her tears intensifying.

Gathering:

Spoiler

ID: 113781

LD: 6, Fail

Total Materials: 2

Edited by Kirbs

Something flashed in the stranger's eyes as he watched the helpless girl in front of him break down. "... and I didn't tell my brothers or parents goodbye. I never had my first kiss. I never got the new Nintendo console..." she cried even harder after sobbing out the last sentence. He chose to just ignore the fact that one of her last wishes was to get the Nintendo console.

"Woah, woah," he said nervously, not wanting to touch her because of her state. "I-I was just joking, okay? I swear, I'm not even gonna kill you!" He pulled out his flimsy sword and showed her. "I mean, look at it! Do you really think that this piece of junk can kill you?" He semi-joked, gulping down the huge lump in his throat. 

She sniffed and looked down at the sword before an unfamiliar sound went up her throat. "I-I mean... maybe?" 

Gathering:

Spoiler

iD: 113796

LD: 14+3=17, Success

Total Materials: 3

Edited by Kirbs

He let out a sigh of relief as he smiled nervously at her. "C'mon, you can probably do more damage than me," he joked, rolling his eyes playfully. He looked around and gave her a sideways glance. She had snorted at his statement but didn't say anything. He raised a brow at it but didn't say much of anything else. After a few more seconds of silence from both he and her, he extended his arm towards her and grinned. "Well, since I can't stand the quiet-- my names Hynes," he said, the fake name rolling off of his tongue so easily. 

Kirbs gave him a tense smile and hesitantly took his head. "Kirbs," she mumbled, shaking his hand slowly. Releasing his grip, she gulped and looked down at her feet. "I'm sorry for thinking that you were going to kill me," she said, hugging herself tightly. "I-I'm just so scared that I'll just die," she snapped her fingers, "just like that."

Gathering:

Spoiler

ID: 113797

LD: 20, Success

Total Materials: 4

Edited by Kirbs

Hynes looked down at the girl with what, pity? Sympathy? She looked up at his hazel eyes and looked down back at her boots. Her eyes started to get watery again as her feet shuffled. "Well, Kirbs," Hynes started, his eyes trailing down at the helpless player, "that's... a perfectly fine thing to be afraid of." He smiled softly as she looked up at him. "You're not the only one who thinks like that. We all think like that in here."

Kirbs sniffed and nodded her head slightly. "R-right," she swiped her eyes with her sleeve and gave him a small smile. "Thanks. I guess I kind of... needed that." She gave him a grateful nod and shakily held out her hand. "Uhm, friends?" She asked nervously, feeling her bottom lip tremble as she asked the question. "I mean if you're down for it."

He chuckled at her response and grasped her hand. "Friends."

Gathering:

Spoiler

ID: 113825

LD: 11+3= 14, Fail

Edited by Kirbs
  • 2 weeks later...

She smiled softly, finally glad she had someone to interact with. Feeling more relaxed, she decided to be a little bit more of herself. Leaning in towards Hynes, she muttered in his ear, "So what do friends do exactly?" Hynes reeled back and his face morphed into shock and disbelief.

"Am I your first friend?" He gaped, his voice full of an unknown expression. Kirbs nearly cracked under his questioning stare and horrified face. So, she just gave a meek nod and covered tilted her head down, covering her eyes with her scarlet bangs. "Oh my stars. I'm not sure if this is an honour or sad!" He leaned back and covered his eyes with his hands. "Uh, thank you, though? I'm not even sure how to react to this!" He exclaimed. He took a look at her figure. "I-I mean, it's not like you have a bad personality or something! You just don't seem like someone who's like, really lonely."

Gathering:

Spoiler

ID: 114198

LD: 5, Fail

Edited by Kirbs
  • 3 weeks later...

Kirbs shook herself off as she glanced at the bright green fields before her before sighing. Where did you go, Hynes? She bit her lip to stop it from trembling as she packed up her stuff and walked back to town. The walk there was terribly silent. She didn't even bother snapping at Scarfy when he grazed his sharp claws against the nape of her neck. Her eyes were clouded with an unrecognizable expression. As she neared the town gates, her throat swallowed tightly. Clenching her hands into fists, she weaved her way through the crowds of players and NPCs. She made her way to the armoury and sighed as she pushed her way through the doors. 

Lyle immediately recognised her and beckoned her over with that huge grin of his. "I see you finished gathering all those tusks for me!" He clapped his hands together jollily. "Well, what are you waiting for, girl? Spill em' out!" He gestured his large hands to the workbench next to him.

"Alright, alright, old man!..." The girl whispered hotly under her, not unnoticed by the blacksmith- who gave a gruff grunt in return. She quickly pulled out her inventory and released the baby boar tusks out of her hold and on to the table, earning a satisfied grin from the old geezer.

"Alright, you did a fine old job, young lady!" He reaches over behind him and pulls out a very familiar looking package. "I need cha' to bring this to a good ol' friend of mine named Hannah. She should be in the grove near the town. She always loves looking at the plant life and drawing her little doodles there," he chuckled, shoving the box into her hands. He pushed her out of the shop with his merry grin and waved. "Have fun, dear!" Then he shut the door, leaving the poor and confused girl to her and her very, very scornful thoughts.

Kirbs grumbled curses her breath as she marched over to the grove of trees near the town. "Well, that's bloody fan-frekin'-tastic!" She muttered, clutching the box closer to herself. She eventually found Hannah and dropped the package with a very dead smile. Without saying another word, she walked away and sighed, She didn't need to deal with any more quests for the day. She could finish the third one tomorrow. For all she cared, she could finish it in another decade. She finally gave a sigh in relief as the quest rewards finally popped up in front of her. She closed it and proceeded to walk towards the teleport pad. God, I am so ready to go home. She literally felt like dying and just wanted to go back to her favourite plush couch and die. Just die from the aching in her back, that is. Not like she was going to jump off of a bridge or anything...