[F01-SP] <<Nature's Treasure>> A Nice Walk In the Garden

As I was working in my shop I reached for a new material to use to form weapons for the day and realized I was out. Sighing, I geared up and started heading out of the Town, but on the way I heard an NPC mention a <<Garden>> in the nearby forest. Checking my New Player’s Guide I found out that places like that were awesome for gathering materials. I chased down the NPC and got directions to the Garden and headed out. I managed to skirt the edges of the boars and wolves immediately outside the town and make it into the forest without a problem. Not that they would have been a problem with my new armor, but who really needs the trouble right now? I followed the marker on the map the NPC had given me and quickly found myself on the edge of a beautiful, lush Eden-like clearing.  

Quest Objectives:

Spoiler
  • At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • Mobs MUST meet or exceed the loot minimum parameter.

Quest Mechanics: 

Spoiler
  • Searching:  LD rolls of 11-14 give 1 material.  LD rolls of 15+ give 2 materials.  Gatherer skill is added to this roll as well.
  • Fishing:  Monsters and bosses never spawn.  Fishing receives no bonus materials.  CD 12s require a LD of 15+ (modifiers allowed) to fish up a treasure chest.  If 1-14, players receive 4 materials.
  • Treasure Chests:  LD of 1-3 does not result in a mimic, but drops (Floor * 25) col and one material.
  • Looting Mobs:  Loot required mobs always drop (HP * 4) col and 1 material as default drops.

Quest Rewards:

Spoiler
  • The Materials Gathered

Combat Stats:

Spoiler
  • Mortambo: HP 120/120 | EN 12/12 | 2 DMG | MIT 35 | +2 LD

Edited by Mortambo

I stood for a moment on the edge of the clearing just taking in the beautiful sight. I took a deep breath and even the air here felt…cleaner and crisper than other places. This Garden was truly magnificent. The birds trilled happily and flew around playing dodging into and out of the branches of the trees. As I walked down the trodden path, a deer walked by completely nonplussed at how close I was to it. As I continued deeper into the Garden I tripped over the roots of a tree and looked up and saw two great branches that would make excellent hafts of weapons. Climbing the tree easily, I took two of them for myself. “I’m sure glad I overheard that NPC, this place makes getting materials really easy!” I thought to myself as I climbed back down. Continuing on through the idyllic garden I kept my eye out for more good materials.

Gathering roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111303
    •  Loot: 18 +2 = 20 (SUCCESS! 2 Mats Found!)
  • Total Materials Found: 2

Edited by Mortambo

I wandered around the beautiful garden some more just taking in the sights and soaking up the peaceful serenity of the place. There was a beautiful lake here, which was good to know for once I learned the fishing skill, and it seemed like even normally aggressive monsters were peaceful here. I stopped and watched cautiously as a boar crossed my path and hardly looked at me. Picking an apple from a tree, I walked to the edge of the lake and just sat down with my legs crossed and enjoyed the view. Finishing up the apple, I jumped up and began to look around for materials again. Unfortunately, there was nothing promising in my immediate area. Taking a deep breath, I looked out over the lake again and just soaked in the peace and beauty before I moved on and began circling the around the lake keeping my eye out for more materials.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  •  ID 111334
    •  Loot: 3 + 2 = 5 (FAIL!)
  • Total Materials Found: 2

Edited by Mortambo

The birds tweeted beautifully from the trees and the lake was mind-blowingly gorgeous the blue crystal clear water easily showing many fish running back and forth. I should come back here when I learn the Fishing skill, I bet I could fish up some really amazing stuff. It was strange in this garden. Colors were brighter, the air was crisper, the longer I spent in the Garden the more I realized what a strange juxtaposition it was to the rest of the game. I guess this was designed for the players who, like I was the past two years, didn’t want to engage in the fighting and war aspects of the game and go fight monsters. This was a crafter’s paradise, I thought as I spied two great looking pieces of ore just lying around on the ground. I don’t think I’ll ever get over this place. Just perfect materials laying around.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID# 111377
    •  Loot: 15 + 2 = 17 (SUCCESS! 2 materials found
  • Total Materials: 4

Edited by Mortambo

Looking around more in this area, I searched the ground for more good pieces of ore. It was strange to just find ore lying around on the ground but I guess anything was possible in the Garden. Searching through the nearby bushes and around the roots of the trees, I unfortunately didn’t find much more. I looked briefly near the lake’s edge but nothing caught my eye as useful for crafting items of any worth. I began to head down the trailer further around the lake and at first I was moving quickly but then I decided to slow down and just enjoy the gorgeous day. I slowly meandered down the path around the lake still keeping my eye out for good materials. As I walked I watched some squirrels and small other animals scamper around and chase each other through the trees. I just chuckled under my breath as I continued.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111378
    •  Loot: 5 + 2 (FAIL!)
  • Total Materials Found: 4

Edited by Mortambo

This was probably the most at peace I had felt since the day we all got trapped in this game. I could feel my worries melting away and myself lulled into relaxation by how perfect and idyllic this Garden is. Not long after I ran across a small clearing. I began looking around and I found some wonderful mushrooms for someone to cook. I really need to reach out and make some friends that can cook and do the other kinds of crafts. Not just because I’m finding the materials but because I want to eat more delicious food while I’m in this game and I might need some jewelry, trinkets, and potions soon. Also, some decoration for my shop would be really nice. I guess I could do like I did with Mac and just randomly walk into shops until I find someone I like to work with. And miss Neo with that delicious toast. Maybe she would like these mushrooms!

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111379
    •  Loot: 16 + 2 (SUCCESS! 2 materials found)
  • Total Materials Found: 6

Edited by Mortambo

I looked more around this clearing for more food stuffs, or ore, or even good straight pieces of wood for axe or spear hafts. Out of the corner of my eye I see some promising branches up in one of the trees and start to climb up into the tree. Easily finding purchase I make my way out to the branches and realize they are more twisted than they looked from the ground. Stopping for a moment I looked out across the lake and reveled in the beauty of it. Enjoying the way the wind whipped my coat back, and the sun warmed my face, I just stood on the tree branch and laughed. This was definitely the most happy I’ve been since being in this game. It was wonderful and just a little scary. I clambered down from the tree still grinning and made a face at a squirrel who was making chittering noises at me as I invaded his space.

Gathering Rolls:

Spoiler
  • ID 111382
    •  Loot: 5 + 2 = 7 (FAIL!)

Edited by Mortambo

Dropping the last few feet to the ground, I laughed again at the squirrel chittering at me and made a face at it before I returned to the path and continued around the lake. Scanning the ground around the path and the lake’s edge I did not see anything promising for crafting materials but the breeze swept by and brought the beautiful smell of flowers to my nostrils. Grinning, I pressed forward and soon came to a field of wildflowers. Marveling at the beauty before me I walked to the center of the field. Slowly turning in a circle to take in the lake, the forest, and all the small creatures scampering around and I was feeling awestruck taking it all in. I waited for a moment just reveling in the sun and breeze and wonderful landscape before I began to look for materials again in the field. I began checking carefully around the gatherings of wildflowers so I did not disturb them too much.

Gathering Rolls:

Spoiler
  • ID 111393
    •  Loot: 6 + 2 = 8 (FAIL!)

Edited by Mortambo

Searching around the base of the wildflowers, I couldn’t help but take in their wonderful scent. Maybe I should pick some and take them back to the Town. It might brighten someone’s day. I began to smell the different types to try and decide which ones were best, momentarily distracted from my search for materials. As I knelt by a particularly beautiful purple flower and leaned down, I saw something gleam underneath the carpet of wildflowers. Moving them aside gently I found two perfectly formed pieces of ore just sitting there on the ground. I put them in my inventory without any hesitation. This place was so strange, but I loved it. I took in the scent of the purple flower and it was amazing. I gently picked one and looped it behind my ear. I really need to keep the search up so I can get back to gearing up.

Gathering Rolls:

Spoiler
  • ID 111413
    •  Loot: 16 + 2 = 18 (SUCCESS! 2 Materials Found!)
  • Total Materials Found: 8

Edited by Mortambo

So far, my hunting trips hadn’t been very successful because I just couldn’t hit often enough or do much damage. It was hard fighting monsters when you could barely damage them, although to be fair they could barely damage me either thanks to my new armor from Mac. As I wandered more along the edge of the lake and scanned around the path and shore line for more materials I thought more and more about what I wanted to accomplish in this game. I want to help new players get gear and weapons hence being the best Blacksmith I can be. I want to help on the Front Lines in whatever way I can. At first I guess that means getting them the best gear I can get them as well, but also joining the Front Lines myself. Suddenly my train of thought was interrupted by something shiny near the lake’s edge. It was a couple of jewels I knew an Artisan could use to make jewelry and trinkets. 

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111414
    •  Loot: 13 + 2 = 15 (SUCCESS! 2 Materials Found)
  • Total Materials Found: 10

Edited by Mortambo

Standing up, from the edge of the lake and continuing around the path I picked up my inner monologue. Being on the Front Lines was a chance to be something more than just some guy. On the face of it, it’s pretty illogical to risk your life. I don’t think the people on the Front Lines feel any resentment to the people that have stayed back. All this time passed though, and I could have been doing…something. Instead I just stayed inside the Town of Beginnings like a coward. I loved games like this exactly because you get to feel like a hero. You get to be more than you are in the real world. If I don’t take that chance now that I literally don’t have much choice then what kind of person am I? That thought echoed around my brain, blinding me to any materials I may have passed.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111415
    •  Loot: 5 +2 = 7 (FAIL!)
  • Total Materials Found: 10

Edited by Mortambo

Shaking off that question for the moment I circled back around to my goals. I think I should concentrate on my Blacksmithing first. I feel like that is a good goal. Not necessarily to the detriment of my combat skills, but enough that I can start helping people gear up more easily. Then I can push my more combat oriented skills and start hunting more and more. I definitely need to start meeting more people and hopefully making some friends. Distracted by my train of thought, I tripped and stumbled over the roots of a tree. Shaking my head and looking around I realized I was standing at the halfway point around the lake. Looking out across the lake back to where I had started I was reminded of why I was here. Looking around for more materials I found some more wood that would make good hafts of weapons and parts of shields.  

Gathering Roll: 

Spoiler
  • ID 111416
    •  Loot: 19 + 2 = 21 (SUCCESS! 2 Materials Found)
  • Total Materials Found: 12

Edited by Mortambo

As I continued on the path around the lake, I also continued thinking about my plan. Eventually, of course, I needed to find a guild. I wonder what guild Miss Neo is in. Although it seems like bad planning just to go to the guild of the first person who helped you out. I also saw a notice for some kind of police force. Now there’s an idea. I like the idea of protecting other players. Maybe I don’t have to be on the Front Lines to do that! Anyway, maybe all this is enough for now. Keep soloing, get my crafting skill up, and then my combat skills. Feeling better about having some kind of actionable plan I relaxed some to enjoy the scenery some more. Looking around briefly I didn’t spy any other good materials for crafting though. That didn’t matter, I was already pretty loaded down from what I had run across!

Gathering Rolls:

Spoiler
  • ID 111417
    •  Loot: 2 + 2 = 4 (FAIL!)
  • Total Materials Found: 12

Edited by Mortambo

Walking a little bit farther I ran into a small gathering of plants that looked pretty promising. As I checked them out I realized they were herbs and spices for cooking. Great! I can get some really great stuff made to help me buff up my stats. Not to mention be REALLY delicious! Standing up and stretching, I looked at the path. I had been wandering around this lake for the better part of the morning and afternoon maybe it was time for a break to eat. Not that I had to, but I noticed habits like these were good to keep up. Taking out some bread and cheese I sat down on the lake’s edge to eat and just enjoyed the breeze flowing across the lake. It was still hard to believe how beautiful this garden was given all of the violence and anxiety and potential death that was in the rest of this world.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111418
    •  Loot: 17+2 = 19 (SUCCESS! 2 Materials found)
  • Total Materials Found: 14

Edited by Mortambo

As I sat there thinking about the differences in the Garden and the rest of the game I laid back on the ground and looked up at the gorgeous azure sky. For a little while I drifted off to sleep, the light breeze and the soft sounds of the water lulling me into relaxation and sloth. It wasn’t too long, I don’t think, before I started awake and looked around. Standing not too far from me was a squirrel who just chittered at me. “Yeah, well, I was having a nap. Go on” and I shooed him away. As he scampered up a tree nearby, I stood up, stretched, and brushed myself off. Falling asleep was foolish and dangerous, I chided myself, but it is hard to resist here. I just shook my head and continued following the path around the lake. This Eden might get me killed if I’m not too careful.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111419
    •  Loot: 3 +2 = 5 (FAIL!)
  • Total Materials Found: 14

Edited by Mortambo

Humming quietly to myself, I wandered further down the path very relaxed after my brief nap at the lake. Sighing happily, I kept aware and alert for more materials. I had quite the haul already but I needed as much as I could get my hands on. I spied a few more herbs and some root vegetables and things so I bent down and dug them up. After putting them In my inventory, I brushed off my hands and stood back up looking around again at the water’s edge and the wild Garden I was surrounded by. Grinning, I kept to the trail, now whistling as I walked but picking up the pace some. I think I’m ready to head back to the Town of Beginnings pretty soon. Lots of work to do and what is that quote by that American author? Lots to do and miles to go before I sleep.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111421
    •  Loot: 16 + 2 = 18 (SUCCESS! 2 Materials found)
  • Total Materials Found: 16

Edited by Mortambo

I was moving at a pretty steady pace now, my head on a swivel for any materials I could get as I finished my loop around the lake. I still had quite a ways to go, but I felt like I had gotten a good amount of materials for my first trip. When I get back I also need to take Sunetra out to get them trained up to help me around the forge. Actually first, I might need to figure out how I can interact with them since they are so hot. It’s not very good to have a companion that hurts you every time you touch them. I’m sure I can figure something out and some way to keep them with me while I travel without burning everything around. They were certainly a dangerous creature to choose as a familiar but definitely worth it. I slowed a little thinking maybe I spied something nearby that could be useful.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111422
    •  Loot: 1 +2 = 3 (FAIL!)
  • Total Materials Found: 16

Edited by Mortambo

Slowing down, I began scanning the ground around me trying to pinpoint what caught my eye. I bent down and scrabbled at the dirt on the edge of the lake and managed to dig up some more ore. Quickly putting in my inventory I continued down the path. The birds continued to serenade me as I hiked around the lake the warm sun and cool breeze keeping me just the perfect temperature. Suddenly the path veered away from the lake and headed into the forest. I could see where it circled back so I just kept following it into the tree line picking up the pace a little. It wasn’t like the forest here was more sinister than the lake after all. I wonder if there’s more materials concentrated in the forest though. I just spent my time in a casual walk around the lake so I guess I will have to see.

Gathering Roll: 

Spoiler
  • ID 111423
    •  Loot: 14 + 2 = 16 (SUCCESS! 2 materials found)
  • Total Materials Found: 18

Edited by Mortambo

As he continued down the forest path, just as it began heading back towards the lake I spied more food stuffs. Gathering up a couple of handfuls and putting them away, I grinned. It must be more concentrated here, there was so much stuff to find. I should definitely just head into the forest here next time. Continuing down the path, I emerged from the tree line and walked down the path next to the lake. I stopped for a moment to take it all in again as I was struck by how beautiful the sun reflecting off of the water was. The breeze was heavy with the scent of flowers that must have come from the field of wildflowers on the other side of the lake. I began walking again and I was moving at a fairly good pace now so I should make it all the way around the lake soon.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111426
    •  Loot: 18 + 2 = 20 (SUCCESS! 2 materials found)
  • Total Materials Found: 20

Edited by Mortambo

As I returned to where I started on the path to loop around the lake, I began to look around again to see if there was anything I was missing before I headed out of the Garden. Since nothing really caught my eye, I just stopped to take in everything in all of its glorious perfection. The lake shimmered, the birds warbled, the squirrels scampered around and I soaked every bit of it up that I could before I headed back to the rest of the world. Smiling, I closed my eyes raising my head to feel the warmth of the sun across my face and the cool breeze washing over me. For a moment, I was deeply at peace with everything around me. Sighing happily again, I turned ready to put the Garden behind me for now and head back to the Town of Beginnings and my wonderful workshop.

Roll to Find Treasure Chest:

Spoiler
  • ID 111427
    •  Loot: 11 + 2 = 13 (No chest found) 

Edited by Mortambo