[F13-PP] <Domarus & Hestia>

He didn't expect much of a reaction from Hestia.  Her bitterness towards the quest, or rather towards Kayaba through this quest, seemed to be having a hold on her...  He was learning that once she became angry at something or someone, she rarely let go.  At any rate, Miraak healed Hestia a second time while Domarus waited for his recovery to proc.  He was given the energy boost from Hestia but without more energy he couldn't use the sword art he needed.  He sighed.  "I'm sorry, but I won't be able to attack just yet.  We're going to have to wait a little while longer."  He felt so d*mn useless!  His hands were tightening as his teeth did the same.  Why couldn't he have spent time grinding more so he could catch up?  That's it.  That's what he'd need to focus his time on.  Maybe destroying quest after quest would help clear his head.  Yeah.  Even if he didn't and he ended up in even worse mental shape, he'd be able to fight for the frontlines.  Be their weapon, regardless of what Hestia said or not.

ID#  115855  CD:  5  No recovery
ID#  115856  CD:  5  Miraak Heals for 200

[5] @Hestia: HP: 1,579/1,710  Energy: 113/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[0] Domarus: 683/860  //  10/86  //  66 MIT  //  2 ACC  //  15 DMG  //  Recovery (+4 en on CD 6+)
[0] Miraak 800/800  MIT: 50  EVA:2  [He has abilities roll them alongside monsters.]

Enemies: 7/8 dead
Diseased one 8: 756/810 243DMG

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I roll my eyes towards Domarus hearing his statement as i once more energize him as i look towards the red haired man with a amused look within my eyes. If you want to hit the thing than go ahead just spam the strongest attack you got each time it's better than us just standing around and doing nothing. Cause seriously this gets boring rather quickly. I say jokingly towards Domarus with a grin across my face as a amused twinkle in my eyes appear as i focus back once more upon the monster as i raise my shield to meet its strike. Watching as its HP trickled down ever so slightly as i push it away causing the creature to stumble ever so slightly as i then glance towards Miraak who once more heals me for HP. 'Appreciated i guess. Makes it so i don't need to spam Field medic afterwards like during taht grinding session.'  I think to myself.

Action: Energize

#115860 MD:5+1=6 243-151= 92-80=12

[5] @Hestia: HP: 1,567/1,710  Energy: 104/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[0] Domarus: 683/860  //  19/86  //  66 MIT  //  2 ACC  //  15 DMG  //  Recovery (+4 en on CD 6+)
[0] Miraak 800/800  MIT: 50  EVA:2  [He has abilities roll them alongside monsters.]

Diseased one 8: 702/810 243DMG

Hearing her say that he could just use one of his lower sword arts and spam those he nodded quietly.  "Yeah well, seeing as how I haven't used charge on it, I wanted to use the strongest sword art I could first.  Give me one moment:"  Domarus watched as his recovery finally triggered, and he gained four points of energy.  That was good, but it wasn't going to be enough.  Well until Hestia could give him more energy.  Domarus charged forward and swung his ax at the single enemy.  Tearing a chunk of it's health out as he did so before grabbing it with a free hand and slamming it into the ground.  "Alright, I'll probably just continuously attack from now on."  He looked at the charm that gave him energy from time to time.  Hopefully it would actually start activating more frequently from now on.  Domarus sighed.  "I'm sorry this is taking so long Hestia."

ID#  115943  BD:  8  17+5x14=308 damage
ID#  115944  CD:  7
ID#  115945  CD:  11

[5] @Hestia: HP: 1,567/1,710  Energy: 104/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[0] Domarus: 683/860  //  9/86  //  66 MIT  //  2 ACC  //  15 DMG  //  Recovery (+4 en on CD 6+)

Diseased one 8: 394/810 243DMG

Putting a hand against the back of the armored man i activate energize to recover the energy back up to something at least tolerable for using more attacks against the loot mob. I just nod my head towards Domarus and than just backs away once more to allow him to use as much room as it is needed for that axe of his not wanting to get in the way and get hit in the oncoming attacks that would come from that. Hearing the apology i just shrug my shoulders ever so slightly as i gaze towards him as i raise my shield to block the attack from the diseased zombie looking thing. You don't need to apologize Domarus. This is like the first time we had to go through this quest. We're getting use to all of the moving parts lets say of this entire quest. I don't expect perfection when this quest is quite literally still entirely unexplored to the greatest extent. I say towards him with a calm look upon my face and a small smile trying to cheer him up since i can get the feeling he is trying to get better, and if anything will at least allow myself ot just look past this entire quest's stupid layout so far.

[1] Domarus: 683/860  //  17/86  //  66 MIT  //  2 ACC  //  15 DMG  //  Recovery (+4 en on CD 6+)

Diseased one 8: 394/810 243DMG

• 2 weeks later...

"No that's not..."  He paused trying to find the words.  "If my energy reserve was higher, I would be able to fight without pause...  I'm apologizing because, I should have been at a higher level by now but I'm not.  For that I'm sorry."  He watched the zombie move in to attack Hestia and as it did so he charged his sword art.  This time he was using screw dimension to save up on energy.  It was a good move on his part too.  As Domarus prepared his attack, Miraak used his abilities to increase Domarus' damage output by two.  The powerful player rushed at the mob and released the sword art, using his concentration skill to ensure a hit.  When he did strike it, the attack dealt less than he hoped but he could manage it.  Only one more hit would end it's digital code.  After he dealt the attack, his recovery brought his energy up a bit and he smiled.  "Can you pass energy one last time?  All I need is one more hit on this fool."

ID#  116918  BD:  3+2+1=6  Concentration activated, 15x13=221 damage
ID#  116919  CD:  8  +6 EN

[5] Hestia:  HP: 1,567/1,710  Energy: 104/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[1] Domarus: 683/860  //  10/86  //  66 MIT  //  2 ACC  //  15 DMG  //  Recovery (+4 en on CD 6+)

Diseased one 8: 173/810 243DMG

I just nod my head and quickly activates energize on the red haired man to get his energy back up towards something rather well to get him into fighting shape as i just nod my head towards him and gestures towards the diseased one. The floor is yours Domarus knock the loot mob dead, and also don't apologize about being a higher level or anything about that when it comes to stats. We all have our own balance and our own track that we take towards how fast that we level up i just managed to find the fast track for myself in terms of just getting as strong as possible in teh shortest period of time that i could achive to be comparable to the likes of Calrex. I say with a small chuckle escaping my lips when trying to describe myself as anything close or comparable to the unkillable ultramarine knight that is Calrex and just the pure power of his unique skill.

#116925 MD:5+1=6   243-151=92DMG-80=12DMG

[5] Hestia:  HP: 1,555/1,710  Energy: 95/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[1] Domarus: 683/860  //  18/86  //  66 MIT  //  2 ACC  //  15 DMG  //  Recovery (+4 en on CD 6+)

Diseased one 8: 119/810 243DMG

The ax wielder took his weapon and rushed at his target.  Swinging his ax at the undead, he expected to cleave it in half.  What ended up happening however was the creature...  Tripped.  He hadn't expected this so his weapon swung clean through thin air, throwing him off balance.  He fell to the ground but recovered quickly, using his momentum to roll back to his feet.  "Yeah well, if I don't get better I can't aid the frontlines properly.  And everyone needs to get out of this hellhole asap.  As for my luck, this is just embarrassing."  Miraak was watching this affair but really couldn't do much.  He'd be wasting energy if he attacked, especially since this undead was almost fully dead, and wasn't a threat to them.  So instead he kept Domarus' damage increased for as long as he could.  He knew he'd hit the villain soon enough.

ID#  117021  CD:  5
ID#  117022  CD:  8
ID#  117023  BD:  1

[5] Hestia:  HP: 1,555/1,710  Energy: 95/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[1] Domarus: 683/860  //  17/86  //  66 MIT  //  2 ACC  //  15 DMG  //  Recovery (+4 en on CD 6+)

Diseased one 8: 119/810 243DMG

Looking towards the zombie i just activate field medic as a greenlight surrounds my form as i recover all of my health without much issue as i see the creature rush towards me as it impacts against my shield with a metalic heavy thud echoing across the area for ever so slightly. Looking towards Domarus i just nod my head as i listen to him in understanding. Well if anything Domarus we'll be one of the first ones finishing up this quest and then be able to give that info out towards the other players to make sure that they got all the info that they need to do all of this safely without horribly dying possibly. I say towards the red haired man as i then just glance back towards the mob that seems ready to attack once more as i just raise my shield once more with a smile.

Action: field medic  342 to Hestia

#117648 MD:5+1=6 243-151=92-80=12 DMG

[5] Hestia:  HP: 1,698/1,710  Energy: 82/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[1] Domarus: 683/860  //  17/86  //  66 MIT  //  2 ACC  //  15 DMG  //  Recovery (+4 en on CD 6+)

Diseased one 8: 65/810 243DMG

The six foot six dps nodded in agreement to her statement, and lifted his ax again as he prepared for his next attack.  "That's a good point.  Hopefully we can make this work then."  As he was saying this, Miraak moved closer to Hestia and held his staff up, healing her for two hundred points again.  With that matter settled, all that was left was finishing off the undead.  Domarus rushed forward again and swung his massive ax down on it.  The result, as he hoped, was it being shattered on impact.  With the undead finished off he turned to Hestia.  "Alright, they're all cleared.  Got some col and a rare trinket.  Beyond that, just some experience like usual."  He sheathed his ax and walked over to Hestia, waiting for her to let them know what to do next.  He was following her lead after all.

ID#  117652  BD:  8  17x13=221 damage
ID#  117653  CD:  8  +6 EN
ID#  117654  CD:  3  +200 Health to Hestia
ID#  117658  CD:  7  LD:  9  3,240 col, 1 rare trinket.

[5] Hestia:  HP: 1,710/1,710  Energy: 82/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[1] Domarus: 683/860  //  10/86  //  66 MIT  //  2 ACC  //  15 DMG  //  Recovery (+4 en on CD 6+)

Diseased one 8: 0/810 243DMG

I nod my head when seeing the last mob fall but frowns ever so slightly when hearing the reward as a sigh escapes my lips but i do nod my head in understanding as i think on the rewards that we are getting as i think through what people could want. 'honestly the trinkets can maybe just be put away since at best they might just be good accuracy and evasion trinkets for people to use as far as i know. The weapons, and gear is all that will really matter when the time comes to get these all identified by Kairi.' i think to myself with a relaxed posture to myself as i glance towards Domarus and my own energy and winces slightly at how low it is as i just nod my head. Okay so we'll be taking a rest then Domarus we need to recover all of our energy if we can do so since i don't think we can win if their are more zombies just lurking about in front of us and i'd rather not risk getting jumped. I say towards the red haired man.

The heavily armored player nodded in response to her question and would place his massive ax down.  He then took three strides over to a large boulder and sat down.  He didn't say anything for a little while, didn't think about anything either.  With the combat adrenaline gone, he was struck by the wave of emptiness he originally felt.  Even with Hestia here with him, he felt like a shell.  A lie, a mask.  A hollow husk, pretending it was alive and living with another.  He couldn't even put on a mask of happiness, or humor.  He couldn't pretend.  Partly because he didn't want to anymore, but also because, well.  He just didn't have it in him anymore.  He slowly opened up his inventory and pulled out the picture of his mother.  His mother.  The one good thing about his life he'd ever known.  This game had finally given him the chance to see what she actually looked like..  It also let him hear her voice, just once.  It had confirmed she was in fact Irish.  But even still.  He wondered if she'd be disappointed in him.  Or even mad at him for what he'd done and become.  Hestia and others might say she'd be proud for breaking out of the cycle, but..  A part of him doubted that.  He just couldn't let that feeling go.

resting on the ground i take some calming breathes as i just watch the energy bar recover which for myself isn't a huge issue primarily, but finding a way to keep up with the damage that is being done is a much bigger concern. 'Wait i have fighting spirit. I'll just use that.' i think to myself in realization with a grin remembering i should be getting more hate towards myself with every attack that i do with my curved sword if i just try to deal damage as well and utilize to the upmost effectiveness the everything build and why it is simply called that. Gazing towards the man i see him gazing at the photo that was gained from a previous quest as i just nod my head in understanding knowing the reason, and what that photo means for the man as i just keep to myself first and foremost not wanting to interrupt what is possibly just grieving and mourning for the red haired man. My familiar Kuro resting by my side and cuddling up against me.

2/3 out of combat posts

Domarus would sit silently for a good while.  Having nothing to say and feeling too broken to have any normal discussion, the man would simply sit.  There were a great many things that had been changing in his life.  The lack of purpose in his life.  Regret and guilt corroding his soul.  His first and only real friend hating him for having changed.  Fear that society would find out about his crimes and never forgive him.  All of these could easily be summarized as depression.  He knew what he was being told to do.  He knew what he wished he could do.  But he didn't know how to do it.  He didn't even think he was even capable of doing it.  He felt, so cold.  So alone.  So useless.  He couldn't even help much at all stat wise, he was stuck as a tier two player.  And with his lack of muse for things like grinding, he wasn't leveling up anytime soon.  It was infuriating.  But that fury was nothing more than sparks blowing through a frozen and lifeless field by this point.  Even while looking at his mother, the warmth of the memory was far more insignificant than it used to have been...

I look towards the bleak skies of the floor as i notice the hud has my energy back up towards being full once more as i just nod my head at that and glances towards Domarus as i get up to my feet with sword and shield ready to go to defend myself against the creatures if there are anymore towards whatever great point of corruption the priest Miraak has to lead towards. Well i'm good to go if you are Domarus i don't know how long this quest is going to take to complete and it is probably in our best interest not to stay to long to the point it could turn to night fall. I say as i glance around the open wasteland that is the floor's spawning areas for monsters as their is just not much going on. Looking like there once was life and activity in this area and then just got abandoned as if the apocalypse had occurred and this was all that was left once all life had been voided and sapped away from the very ground we're walking on now.

Snapping out of the depressing state he was in upon hearing Hestia speak he blinked and nodded.  "Uh, yeah.  Right."  He stood up and put the picture back into his inventory.  He didn't realize it, but he tried to avoid eye contact for a little while after this.  Keeping his eyes on the area around him and the ground itself rather than Hestia herself.  Miraak said nothing as he observed this.  He knew Hestia hated him and this, Kayaba person but he couldn't make her accept him.  She seemed to have a habit of pinning her hatred on others.  Domarus on the other hand seemed to be the exact opposite.  He preferred to take the hatred of everyone around him and pin it on himself, including his own hatred.  Both extremes were unhealthy.  Miraak prayed that the two would be able to move past whatever was paining them.  Domarus checked his armor really quick.  "I'm um.  I'm ready to go.  Just tell me where to go."

• 1 month later...

Nodding my head i quickly make my way into the deserted town as only the ruins of the place leave it to just be that ruins of a time of when the floor supposedly had some kind of life flourishing before some kind of event that had occurred to cause it to change. When making my way through the sounds of the shambling zombie like enemies once more becomes pronounced as the sight of four walking corpses with whatever is fueling them forcing the creatures towards myself and Domarus as i just look towards the man sheepishly before attempting to try and attack the four myself. With...barely any success to begin with as my blade only hits one of them as my brain catches up to what i am doing and realizing one essential factor when i am attackng these enemies. 'I have no accuracy buff for this.' Quickly raising my shield i feel two strikes land against it as i push the two away as i then back away quickly to avoid two more strikes. 'bad idea, bad idea, bad idea.' I think to myself over and over as i keep my face much more calm then my hectic thoughts. You're up Domarus! I call out towards the axe wielder as my mind catches up once more to how this fihgt played out last time. 'ohhh yeah. I needed to howl so i can spend time on energy regen...that's a thing.'

#118747 BD:4  MD:6
#118748 BD:1 MD:5+1=6  243-151= 92
#118749 BD:6  MD::3+1=4
#118750 BD:2 MD:1  CD:11 (+6)

184 DMG total to Hestia

[1/1/2/1] @Hestia: HP: 1,526/1,710  Energy: 158/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[0] Domarus: 860/860  //  86/86  //  66 MIT  //  2 ACC  //  15 DMG  //  Recovery (+4 en on CD 6+)

Enemies: 0/8 dead
Diseased one 1: 756/810 243DMG
Diseased one 2: 756/810 243DMG
Diseased one 3: 810/810 243DMG
Diseased one 4: 810/810 243DMG

Domarus walked behind Hestia silently as Miraak continued to observe the two quietly.  The tall red haired man's eyes trailing the ground, his mind lost in self destruction.  Despite his mind's current train of thought, he was able to hear the sounds of the oncoming zombies as well.  His eyes drifted up and saw the group of shambling monsters, before taking a deep breath in.  As he let the held breath go slowly, he moved his hand up to draw his massive ax.  Part of him caused a hesitation, wondering if he should keep going.  But the other part of him was reminded of what Hestia had said, and he grasped the handle of his ax.  He slowly drew it until it was freed from it's sheath.  The blade and his arm dropped down, the blade hitting the ground and dragging for a second before he grasped the handle with his left hand as well.  This was the first time he had to use two hands to carry his weapon, though not by lack of strength.  He dug his feet into the ground before activating charge and launching at his foe.  His blade managed to strike three of the zombies immediately in front of them, but his lack of willpower of late prevented him from slashing the third one.  A shadow hung over his face as he struck them.  He just wanted to get this over with.

Miraak watched the damage Domarus had dealt against the four and knew that they didn't need any healing yet.  Thus he chose to wait it out, and save up his energy.

ID#  118751  BD:  5+2=7  15+5x14=280 damage
ID#  118752  BD:  7+2=9  15+5x14=280 damage
ID#  118753  BD:  2+2-4
ID#  118754  BD:  6+2=8  15+5x14=280 damage

ID#  118755  CD:  11 - Removes Status Effect From Party
ID#  118756  CD:  4 - No Recovery

[1/1/2/1] @Hestia: HP: 1,526/1,710  Energy: 158/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[0] Domarus: 860/860  //  66/86  //  66 MIT  //  2 ACC  //  15 DMG  //  Recovery (+4 en on CD 6+)

Diseased one 1: 476/810 243DMG
Diseased one 2: 476/810 243DMG
Diseased one 4: 530/810 243DMG

I wince as the mistakes of not howling the first round from forgetting where i was and what my actual buffs were impacts right away as two enemies slam into doamrus hitting him and causing significant damage to occur as i just quickly activate howl to get them all back onto me and allowing me to tke a significant lead back up in hate. Glancing towards Domarus i spare him a glance that is one of a genuine emotion, regret, etched into my eyes. I tun back just raising my shield and parry the last zombie that went to me away as i just get ready my stance getting a bit closer towards the ground with my shield raised upwards close to my chest and my sword arm a little bit backwards ready to swing to make the enemy back off with a powerful swing that should hopefully have some good momentum behind it to inflict damage.

Action: howl

#118783 MD:6
#118784 MD:10
#118785 MD:3
#118786 MD:2

(monsters went first this is why thye hit domarus)  243-66= 177x2= 354

[4/4/5/4] @Hestia: HP: 1,606/1,710  Energy: 151/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[1/1/0/1] Domarus: 506/860  //  66/86  //  66 MIT  //  2 ACC  //  15 DMG  //  Recovery (+4 en on CD 6+)

Diseased one 1: 476/810 243DMG
Diseased one 2: 476/810 243DMG

Despite the concern and guild she wore on her expressions, Domarus didn't notice.  When the shambling husks rushed at him and clawed past his armor, he didn't felt nothing.  And somehow that made him feel even more empty inside.  Was this because he felt he should feel pain?  That he should be punished for his past?  He wondered if this was why Keres was so obsessed with pain.  Either way he did hear Hestia's howl, though it sounded faint.  As if in the distance.  This was because his pounding heart was beating more and more, blocking out the other sounds.  Domarus shifted his axe so that he gripped it harder.  Actually putting some effort into this.  He took another deep breath.  He shifted his ax again as he rushed forward, slashing two across the legs and finishing his attack on one of their shoulders.  He felt his energy proc so he could continue.  Fine then.  That's what he'd do.  He tore his ax free of his victim and grabbed the fourth zombie as it rushed at him, grabbing it by the throat and tossing it back, forcing it onto it's back.

Miraak watched what happened and winced, holding out his staff to heal the two of them.  He tried not to expend too much energy so they'd have enough for their fight later on.

ID#  118793  BD:  3+2+1=6
ID#  118794  BD:  5+2+1=8
ID#  118795  BD:  6+2+1=9
ID#  118796  BD:  2+2+1=5

ID#  118798  CD:  4  -  Heals entire party by 100 points (himself included)
ID#  118799  CD:  11  -  +4 EN

[4/4/5/4] @Hestia: HP: 1,706/1,710  Energy: 151/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[1/1/0/1] Domarus: 606/860  //  52/86  //  66 MIT  //  2 ACC  //  15 DMG  //  Recovery (+4 en on CD 6+)

Diseased one 1: 266/810 243DMG
Diseased one 2: 266/810 243DMG
Diseased one 3: 600/810 243DMG

My hands glow a yellow light as i point them towards Domarus as his entire being gets surrounded in the yellowish glow as his energy recovers back a small amount as i then hear the shambling corpses make their way towards me as i turn and raises my shield to greet the onslaught of minions. Two zombies ruhs towards me as i fend off one raising my curved sword to avoid the scratching sharp nails before quickly kicking the mob away as i raise my shield as i feel the impact. Slamming my foot against the ground to force myself to have stability and to have a slight push back against the mob i direct it's momentum back towards its back ignoring the quick strike against my armored back as i just smile barely feeling any of it as i then get out of the wave of the mobs so Domarus can go for a strike against them.

#118827 MD:9
#118828 MD:1
#118829 MD:6
#118830 MD:4+1=5 

226-80=146

[4/4/5/4] @Hestia: HP: 1,560/1,710  Energy: 142/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[1/1/0/1] Domarus: 606/860  //  60/86  //  66 MIT  //  2 ACC  //  15 DMG  //  Recovery (+4 en on CD 6+)

Diseased one 1: 266/810 243DMG
Diseased one 2: 266/810 243DMG
Diseased one 3: 546/810 243DMG