Jump to content
Mars

[F4-PP] Another dragon, another one shot <<DHA 4>>

Recommended Posts

Taking a step onto the fourth floor the now katana wielding warrior has a smile upon his face since it is time once more to start power leveling with the use of a nice little quest chain that requires quite literally the most minimal amount of effort from him if it is measured by the number of attacks. 'One slice, instant death.' He thinks confidently to himself with a smirk as he exhales as his warm breathe meets the cold air of the winter floor making it visible for him to see as he pulls up the gaming menu and sends a message towards the multi-colored haired girl that he has been doing these quests with to get things going once more. Not really trusting his rival to keep up with these as of late due to his inability to actually use a spear from having murdered someone. Seriously he chose the worst time ever to start having that little mental crisis of his. We were just about to have our tierly little match up to see who is the best and is now wanted by Aincrad. He mutters darkly to himself and sends a message towards the player in question.

@Neopolitan

Spoiler

evening Neo i am on floor four. I think it is about time we took on these little hatchlings once more to get this hunting antholgoy questline overwith.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting around in her shop for some more customers as a form of distraction from the largest order she had received yet, Neo received a message from Mars. though the two weren't on the best of terms, there was no sense to ignore the message. Seeing that they wanted to continue the dragon hatchling quests, Neo decided to oblige and made her way towards the teleporter in the main town of nimbus to meet him on the fourth floor. She also made sure to be extra careful and bring all sorts of various weather clothing.

Once on the fourth floor, Roman flew his way up into the air, happy to be in his own home again. He was fine being with her, but it seemed being in the cold was much more his strong suit. It didn't take too long for Neo to spot Mars, and she waved over to him to let him know where she was as well.

@Mars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting patiently by the teleporter the black haired katana user just waits patiently wearing his usual battle clothing which consists of the flowing red cape that hangs off of his right shoulder and the black light armor that covers his body. The katana that the fighter now uses rests in a scabbard on his left side as he would eventually watch the teleporter activate and come from it the person he had been waiting for, the ever mute fighter herself, Neo. Getting up from the bench where he was seated he walks to meet the girl halfway as he would extend his hand to greet her with a nod of his head. Nice to see you again Neo. Lets start heading towards the dragon i believe that it is a fair distance away if my memory is serving me correctly. Also supposedly this thing has the ability to freeze people so best to be careful around this drakeling. He says towards the rather capable fighter if the event boss had anything to say about her skill as the now katana using fighter starts to head in the direction that he remembers the quest monster being in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(let me know a post or two before combat starts so I can stealth up in the slight chance you miss)

Mars had extended his hand and Neo responded by shaking his hand. There wasn't much for them to really talk about, just start heading out towards the place where they would be fighting the hatchling. It would be nice to at least have someone to do it with, even if the two of them together could probably solo it separately. It was all just a matter of time now. This would be the fourth hatchling that they defeated, and would hopefully mean that they could quickly progress onto the next one. The information Neo had received indicated that there was nine gemstone slots to be filled. Hopefully that intel was going to be correct. If it wasn't the two of them may be in for an interesting ride of a quest. Even if the intel was right, who knew what awaited them at the end of this questline. For all she knew there was a level 50 boss waiting for the two of them.

@Mars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making his way forward the katana user moves forward without letting anything slow him down in the search for what is going to be the small drakeling that this quest is meant to have accompanying it which in theory should be rather quick and easy thing to accomplish. 'It is just this is more time consuming than being difficult after a point which i have reached and that she has reached as well.' he thinks in frustration as the fire liger that is Mars' familiar walks alongside its owner burning a way through the snow with the heat of its flames liquefying and evaporating anything that got in its way. Only to be quickly filled up back at a later date as the ever falling snow of the flow would make sure that the ground of the floor would never be truly seen even for the briefest of moments. The katana user glancing towards the pink haired girl and than back to the front of him knowing that having a conversation with the girl in any length to at least make time fly is rather difficult. Which does make him curious how she and that haz tank person even ever got together enough to be in some kind of relationship if one of the two never talks at all or communicates seemingly beyond simple yes and nos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the two walked along, Neo could start to see the gears turn inside of Mars's head. There was probably still plenty of questions he wanted to ask her, and was hesitant to ask them. Popping open her black parasol over her shoulder, Neo did her best to let him figure things out on his own. If he wanted to as ka question, there was no reason for her to hold back a response from him. She trusted him pretty well, and saw no reason not to withold the information. Even if she did, he could probably figure out the answers to most of his questions by asking around a bit. There was almost certainly an info broker or two that knew quite a bit about Neo and would be willing to accept payment for that information. One of the detriments living in such a society. Everyone would sell out someone for the right price. It didn't matter how much trust there was. It just meant that if you wanted to keep a secret, you told no one at all.

@Mars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glancing through the fields of endless snow as he wonders if it is worth trying to tackle the object of fighting absolute zero on this floor after this quest with the pink haired rapier user if she would be keen on doing so along with him, or if need be in addition alongside the spear using tank like individual which he wouldn't mind the extra help. The only issue being the obvious damage output that the creature could do against the heavily armored figure that would be gaining hate faster than what the duo of DPS could kill the creatuer possibly. 'Though i guess that all depends on the amount of a beating that the spear user can tank through. It should be enough really if he wasn't one of the ones who died during the MIraak fight so in theory something like absolute zero should be a breeze in comparison.' He thinks to himself with a nod of his head as idle thoughts pass through his mind in things he needs to tackle much faster to prepare for whenever the next raid is going to be.

(lets start combat on post 10 so if you want to stealth you can do so now or on the next post)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the two of them made their way towards the hatchling's location, Neo noted the snow golem that guardedd one of the mountains hnear the lake. It seemed to just be lumbering off in the distance, so no worries for them. Not that it would be any trouble, it would just be annoying if they had to fight it as well. The two of them were starting to get close, so Neo decided to engage her hide skill. It wasn't long before she had joined the refractions of light across the snow. Hopefully this would work well enough if Mars was unable to kill the beast in a single hit. Probably not going to be a problem, but at least she could be a decent backup.

How about we let him kill the dragon and then we stab him in the back.

There's no point in doing that, just get out of my head.

Spoiler

ROll ID: #111407
LD: 7 + 5 = 12 stealth rating

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gazing in the distance the large hulking figure of the absolute zero mob he would grin slightly at the thought of destroying something that is basically like a smaller scale kaiju like beast when comparing his size towards what is probably the size of a mountain. 'Would be either a interesting fight, or rather anti-climatic.' Gazing back ahead as he focuses onto the objective he would watch as the once empty plains slowly start having small standing figures appear in the distance shadowed figured in the white snow that seems to be getting more intense. The snow coming down much faster and harder as the duo of players would make their way towards the location of the hatchling. As the shadowed figures that were in the distance slowly come into view as what looks like other players who have become nothing but statues stuck forever in time with a look of fear across their face. 'Either these are NPCs or actual players...hopefully NPCs.' He thinks to himself with a small sense of pity for such a fate that could befall someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two of them were making their way through the snow, and not much was happening. A few mobs here and there, but nothing they couldn't move around. Everything except the giant in the distance would honestly be child's play for them. The eventually came across statues of what looked like players. Neo was still blended in with the snow and couldn't see them too clearly, but they didn't seem like accurate enough models to be actual players. If there were players trapped in this ice, they were long dead.

Perhaps we should check that they are actually dead.

They are, no sense revealing ourselves if an actual fight comes along.

Black shrouded around her hand, but she tried to avoid it being seen even if she was spotted through her skill. The blade was beginning to take further effect on her, and she was worried about just how far it was going to go.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111428
LD: 14 + 5 = 19 - stealth rating

@Mars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching through the various iced humanoid figures the katana wielding man keeps a hand upon the blade having not had much experience with, but feeling confident he can still keep up his ability to strike out and murder something in a brief moment of it appearing. Gazing towards the side he would see a small figure appear reflecting off one of the ice sculptures as he would see the small creature lunge forward towards what is seemingly him. Grabbing tightly onto the blade he would take the weapon out and slash out at where he beleives the creature is and miss it by a long shot. The creature having passed by him before he could even get within striking distance of it the small dragon trying to attack him. Seeing the small icy breathe build up he would quickly backpedal away from the strike. The breathe hitting the ground as the snow on the ground gets covered in a thick layer of ice.

#111438 BD:1 (seems about right. I always seem to have this luck)   MD:2-3+2=1

Mars: HP: 840/840     ENG: 84/84   DMG: 15  MIT:12   ACC: 4  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Neo:

Icefreye: HP: 250 - MIT: 50 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 1 - DMG: 75   Ability: on crit will freeze a person removing evasion properties.

Edited by Mars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing Mars go forward while still hiding, Neo waited for her moment to strike. Just as Mars was backing up from the dragon's attack, Neo charged forward. The ice acted as a way to preserve her momentum, much like she had done with Roman on occasion before, and propelled her strike even faster. The bolts of energy flew from her blade as several thrusts landed and pierced the creatures hide. Some of them bounced off, but that was to be expected from a foe like this. Landing on the other side of the creature, Neo flipped open her parasol behind her shoulder. As the wind blew a little bit of snow in front of her, Neo just nodded towards Mars. It was time they finished this fight already. The beast hardly stood a chance the moment they laid their eyes on it.

And perhaps you can take on even more.

No, we don't stand a chance even if I wanted to.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111977
BD: 4 + 3 -1 = 6 - hit (12 * 14 = 168 - 50 = 118 damage)
CD: 7 - recovery

@Mars: HP: 840/840     ENG: 84/84   DMG: 15  MIT:12   ACC: 4  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds
@Neopolitan: 780/780 HP | 78/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

Icefreye: HP: 132/250 - MIT: 50 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 1 - DMG: 75   Ability: on crit will freeze a person removing evasion properties.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking towards the small dragon get struck by neo he rushes forward once more to not give the smaller creature anytime to try and dodge him once more as he would swings his sword downward and cleave the smaller scaled creature in two with a singular motion of the blade. Soon after the small ice dragon bursts into red pixels as the black haired martial artist sheathes the sword in question and takes the small ice gem for himself with a nod of his head as he adds it to his inventory. four down, six more to go than Neo. The black haired katana user says with confidence before turning his gaze back in the direction of the town of snowfrost to begin heading in the direction to get towards the next dragon killing quest. The familiar at he man's side and once more with the flame aura surrounding the liger making its way forward through the snow.

#111987 BD:8+4-2=10 15x15= 225-50=175DMG MD:4-3+1=2 icefreye dead

Mars: HP: 840/840     ENG: 71/84   DMG: 15  MIT:12   ACC: 4  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds
@Neopolitan: 780/780 HP | 78/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

Icefreye: HP: 0/250 - MIT: 50 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 1 - DMG: 75   Ability: on crit will freeze a person removing evasion properties.

Edited by Mars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a flash of power, the dragon hatchling was quickly no more. It wasn't surprising that it went down so fast, considering that both of them were quite a high level for doing these quests. But it was likely to get more difficult as time went on. As the two of them began to make their way back towards the town, Roman came down and coiled himself around Neo's neck. The cold wasn't that nice considering the floor they were on, but it was still comforting having him there. Knowing he wasn't patrolling the skies meant he knew there was nothinng out there to be afraid of and they wouold be able to return to the town safely. It wouldn't be long before they were up to the next floor and taking on the next dragon in their path. Looking towards Mars, she could tell they would likely not be taking a break between dragons this time around. It would be one right after the other.

@Mars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gazing forward he would let his hand rest against his blade's handle gently as the hand that is still wrapped in a cloth would tighten around the handle of it as he stares forward as a frown goes across his lips. The failure of the first attack against a creature of such an easy caliber weighing upon the mind of the former martial arts user Mars' gaze flickers over towards the familiar at his side that wades through the snow with the aura of flames creating a small path through the snow that is quick to try and respawn over in mere milliseconds. Knowing that at the very least his familiar will always stay at his side due to the nature of its programming and that as long as he keeps up a aura of strength things will go smoothly when it comes to the attacks it gives. 'I just need to continue pushing forward. Help people get stronger for my own survival within this game all the while as well. One step at a time and one person at a time is all it takes. At the very least i know i can trust Cosi, and that Black fellow to at least follow my examples.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two walking back towards the town was not a quick journey sadly, and Neo was stuck wading through the snow. She was fairly used to it by now, and she didn't want to interrupt whatever Mars's mumblings were supposed to be meaning.  Mentally shrugging it off, she began to think a bit about her own goals and trying to push them forward. The main thing she wanted right now was to get control of this rapier, though that was beginning to seem more and more difficult. IT was slowly gaining ground in this mental war between the two. Perhaps she should go to the source of its power, find a reason for why it did this so much. Then she could ensure that she would have control. It would put her at her weakest though, being so close to its power. It meant she would need to be ready for anything that might happen while she tries to take control of this battle. And once she did, she would be a force to be reckoned with.

@Mars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making his way through the snow the sight of the main settlement slowly coming into view of the two players as they would be making their way towards it and more specifically and importantly the next dragon for the duo to kill and gain experience off of that to level up. Say neo i know i said i wouldn't bother asking about the whole talking thing before when we first met. But now i am just curious since i'm certain i haven't even heard you make a gasp or a noise of some kind during a fight either. Why do you choose not to use your voice in this world? You know you're able to do so right? He asks curiously towards the pink haired girl with a look of curiosity within his eyes as he slows down his pace ever so slightly to be closer to her to avoid having to speak overly loudly encase this is a matter of secrecy to the woman. after all it wouldn't do well to be blurting out a secret from the highest hill top if it is meant to be hidden for one reason or the other. Plus one can never be to certain what ears could be listening within aincrad from potential information brokers to PKers waiting for opportunities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two were getting close, and Neo thought that they would be making their way to the next dragon in silence. It seemed that wouldn't be the case though as Mars asked about her silence. It was a common question, and she knew it would come no matter what promises people made about it. Pulling up her menu, Neo drafted up and then sent a message to Mars. Waiting for him to read it, she anticipated his reaction. She had seen most of the different reactions that it could give. Shield didn't think it was worth putting herself through it, Sunova and Haz said to fight for what you think is right. Mars may think one way or the other, but at the end of the day, she could fight on the fields and that was what mattered.

Quote

TO: Mars

    I don't speak because that means Kayaba wins his battle against me. I only came to this game to speak, and if I continue to do so, that means I accept my position within this game and resign myself to being here for the rest of my life. I'm not giving up, and my continued silence is testament to my willpower.

@Mars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks towards the pink haired girl and watches her type something out and just nods as it is a understandable method if one would refuse to speak verbally there is always the written word. Glancing towards the message that pops up he would read through it taking his time as he would do so before gazing towards the pink haired girl and than nod his head. I can understand your reasoning for it than. Though if you came to this world to speak, and now you can do so i would think you should do so. If anything to me, it sounds more so you're scared that if you start speaking you would never want to return to the real world and give up on trying to escape something that is about as peaceful if a bit more so than the world we had lived in before this. He says in a rather blunt and plain tone of voice as one would when speaking about the weather that is going on around them as he would gaze towards her. Trying to get a quick idea of her reaction to his words. if the reaction is hostile the katana using fighter would be quick to move away from the girl to avoid a possible strike to his body, if there was no signs of aggression he would keep his normal pace and stay at the distance he is keeping with her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((not even going to bother with a chest on this floor))

Hearing Mars's response, Neo just shrugges her shoudlers. It was kind of what she was expecting. At the end of the day, she was withholding information anyways. There was death revolving around her wanton desire to speak, and she paid the price. But now that it was paid, she did not wish to dishonor those that followed her silence by breaking it. Once she did, that meant letting that part of her life be done. Though perhaps it would be complete after this, she knew that there would still be some part of her that would remember what had happened. The light of the town came into view, and Neo began to jog towards it. THough sure they still had quite a few dragons to go through, it would hopefully not be that much longer until they were able to finish this whole quest line. At the rate they were going, they could possibly finish it within only a day or two of hard walking.

@Mars (If you don't mind doing thread summary/closing, I'd like to get through the rest of my queue of posts today if possible)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×