[F21-PP] <<Nature's Treasure>> Into the Caverns!

As I appeared in Tomoika, I was amazed at the way the houses were built into the stalagtites. I had made my way here to meet Miss Neo for a gathering quest. I sent off a quick message to her saying I was ready to start the Nature’s Treasure quest on Floor 21 whenever she was before traveling to the edge of the town to wait. This was a real adventure, risking myself far beyond the safety of the floors I had found so far. But Miss Neo had said there was a <<Cavern>> up here similar to the <<Garden>> I found on the first floor that was just filled to the brim with materials. My skills as a crafter were growing quickly and I would need higher levels materials soon so this was a great chance for me. As I reached the edge of town I doubled checked my gear and made sure Sunetra and I were ready for the challenges we’d face today.

Quest Mechanics:

Spoiler

Searching:  LD rolls of 11-14 give 1 material.  LD rolls of 15+ give 2 materials.  Gatherer skill is added to this roll as well.

Fishing:  Monsters and bosses never spawn.  Fishing receives no bonus materials.  CD 12s require a LD of 15+ (modifiers allowed) to fish up a treasure chest.  If 1-14, players receive 4 materials.

Treasure Chests:  LD of 1-3 does not result in a mimic, but drops (Floor * 25) col and one material.

Looting Mobs:  Loot required mobs always drop (HP * 4) col and 1 material as default drops.

Quest Requirements:

Spoiler
  • At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • Mobs MUST meet or exceed the loot minimum parameter.

Combat Stats:

Spoiler

Mortambo: HP 200/200 | EN: 20/20 | DMG 3 | MIT 35 | LD 2
Equipped:

• Battle Axe (+1 DMG)
  • Armored Coat of the Warrior (+3 MIT)
  • Lucky Shirt (+2 LD)

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

Neo was raring to go on another gathering trip. So when the opportunity presented itself to help out someone she already kinda knew also gather some materials for thei own shop, Neo leaped onto that chance. Once she made sure she had eerytthing in order, she prepared to goo out and try to start taking down some monsters. It was entirely possible this could end up a dud of a trip, but at least she could try to make sure that she got as much out of it as possible. Finding herself once again on floor 21, she spotted Mortambo and sent him a party invite. Once he was ready to go, Neo would guide him towards the cavern where she knew happened to be a good gathering spot. She would probably be trying to grin some mobs to her, but hopefully he wouldn't try to hop into the fights himself. She knew she could keep them away from him as long as he didn't engage.

@Mortambo

Stats:

Spoiler

Neopolitan: 680 HP | 68 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

(Giving Mortambo Golden Toast [+1 LD])

Once I accepted Neo's invite I fell in step beside her as she guided me towards the cavern. She offered me a piece of toast and I gladly accepted. "Oh! Thank you very much for the toast again." I munched on it as we continued toward the cavern. “So this time if I see you start fighting I’m definitely going to stay out of it. I’ll just stick to gathering. The stuff you are capable of fighting is much too high level for me.” That is rather obvious, but at least she’ll know I’m staying out of her way completely this time. I wouldn’t want her getting hurt trying to protect me from being stupid. We arrived at the cavern in hardly any time at all. I started moving a little ways away to get some distance if Neo was going to be fighting again and began my search for materials.  

-1 Golden Toast: +1 LD for thread

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

Neo was glad to hear that Mortambo was planning on staying out of the fighting, and was fairly certain she could keep enemies off of him if that were the case. All she had to do was keep hitting them and they wouldn't try to respond to anyone but her. Knowing the location, the monsters may not even realize that he was there unless he tried attacking them. Once they were ready to do their own thing, Neo moved towards one side of the cavern and tapped the wall with her parasol,, which seemed even blacker in the dim lighting of the caves. A goblin rattled out towards the side and She quickly drew her blade to attack it. A black glow, if you could call it such, came off of the rapier and the goblin began to shrivel up where Neo had connected her attacks. The goblin struck back for some damage as well, but it wasn't nearly enough to worry Neo.

Spoiler

ID: #111655
BD: 7 + 3 = 10 - hit [Fallen Proc] (12 + 4 = 16 * 14 = 224 DMG)
CD: 11 - recovery
MD: 9 - critical hit (+1 damage)

Neopolitan: 622/680 HP | 58/68 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

Goblin: 166/390 HP | 117 DMG

@Mortambo

Watching Neo start her fight from a little ways off, I began to look around for good materials. I should be able to find a lot of great ore and jewels in this cavern for all kinds of awesome things. I scanned the ground looking around but it was honestly pretty dimly lit. Letting Sunetra down out of my hood, I told them “Light the way a little so I can see if there is any good stuff on the ground or in the walls.” They brightened their fire a little so I could see better, and also started helping me search by pawing at the walls and sniffing and pawing at the rocks randomly. So far, there was just nothing worthwhile to be found. I glanced back at Neo to see how her fight was going and watched in awe as a black aura sprang from her blade and seemed to make the goblin she was fighting shrivel some. "Wow that is so cool."

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111664
    •  Craft: 10 (Nothing found)
    •  Loot: 5 + 2 (Lucky Shirt) + 1 (Golden Toast) = 8 (FAIL)
  • Total Materials Found: 0

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

The goblin was waiting for Neo to come in for another attack,, and she felt ready to take it head on. The goblin then began to charge, having grown impatient for her strike, and Neo leaped into the air. The goblin was short, which was good for Neo's stature. And as she came crashing in to the groun, her rapier stabbed right through the top of its head. The blade wasn't quite long enough to go all the way through, but it was enough for her to hold it while landing on the ground gracefully. The body of the gobliln then shattered as its loot rewards showed up for her to see. It didn't have anything for her to really get much out of, but hopefully she could try to get more from othe rgoblins hanging about.

Spoiler

ID: #111655
BD: 4 + 3 = 7 - hit (12 * 14 = 168 DMG)
CD: 8 - recovery
MD: dead

Neopolitan: 722/780 HP | 59/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

Goblin: 0/390 HP | 117 DMG

Loot:
ID: #111683
LD: 5
CD: 1
Result: HP * 4 Col, 1 material

Loot total (combined of both playeres):
1560 Col
1 T3 Mat

@Mortambo

Watching as Neo finished off the goblin, I grinned and snapped back to what I was doing. Sunetra had been pawing at a collection of rocks for a while and sniffing them so I moved over to them to investigate. Kneeling down I used Sunetra’s light to examine them more closely. A couple of them, with paw marks in them, seemed to have ore under the surface layer of rock. “Good job, my friend,” I said as I grabbed the two pieces and stood back up. “Let’s go look for some more.” I looked back to where Neo was looking for another fight. If I lost her on this floor, I would be in big trouble. Definitely need to stay within eyesight. I tried to keep an eye on where Neo was just to keep her within sight but still stay far enough away to not get involved in the fracas.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111684
    •  Craft: 3 (+1 Bonus Material)
    •  Loot: 11 + 2 (Shirt) + 1 (Golden Toast) = 14 (1 Material Found)
  • Total Materials Found: 0 + 2 = 2 T3 Materials

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

Mortambo was doing fine on his own it seemed. They would want to split their rewards at the end of the day, and Neo was fairly certain they would bring about equal amounts to the table. There wouldn't be too much in terms of materials for Neo to give, though he was gathering quite effectively so she felt as though they would be able to get a fair amount that way. Neo was mostly just looking for unidentified weapons at this point though. Then she would need to take them to shield so that she could actually go and work more towards her final build. She still needed to track down that technique for sneak attacking though. Regardless of all of that, Neo quickly went to find herself another goblin so that she could start fighting once more. With her blade swiping through the air with the grace of a dancer, Neo was ready to take this one down just as quickly.

Spoiler

ID: #111696
BD: 10 + 3 = 13 - major crit (12 + 2 = 14 * 14 = 196 DMG)
CD: 6 - no recovery
MD: 5 - miss

Neopolitan: 722/780 HP | 48/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

Goblin: 194/390 HP | 117 DMG

@Mortambo

Watching Neo dance circles around the goblin with her rapier was much like watching a musician playing a beloved violin. Her fighting style is as beautiful and graceful as it is deadly. Meanwhile, with this axe, I’m basically just playing lumber jack and chopping at my enemies. I guess as long as it’s effective that’s what matters. Sunetra pawed at my foot warming it up to get my attention and then wandered a little bit farther. Walking over to where they were standing, I found a lot of great materials. A couple of mushrooms, some weird cave herbs, and a couple more pieces of ore for Smithing were just laying around. Man, I really have gotten better at this gathering stuff since picking up that new skill. It was definitely worth it. Plus it means I won’t feel bad by just having a handful of materials to split with Miss Neo. I’ll have enough to feel like I’m helping contribute.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  •  ID 111706
    •  Craft: 10 (+3 bonus materials)
    •  Loot: 8 +2 +1 = 11 (SUCCESS! +1 Material Found)
  • Total T3 Materials Found: 2 + 4 = 6 materials found

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

Neo's blade wasn't giving this Goblin any breaks to attack her. Not wanting to even wait for its response, Neo quickly let her blade attack it of its own accord. It was a little thrilling to see the Goblin dissolve into a shirveled mass, but also scary to see the power of her bladed when she wasn't even trying to guide it. The loot window popped up for defeating that goblin, and it seemed she had received a few rewards of her own. Nothing too special, but still something to help go level up a few other merchants. Shield was a nice merchant to have around, but it was always good to have multiple options. She didn't care too much for trinkets anyways, so it was good practice for lower ranked merchants. Hopefully Mortambo was doing fine and could get a few materials while she was still killing these goblins.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111743
BD: 6 + 3 = 9 - hit [fallen proc] (I know it's enough to kill, not going to get the exact number)
CD: 1 - no recovery

Neopolitan: 722/780 HP | 37/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

Loot:
ID: #111744
LD: 13
CD: 3
Result: HP * 4 Col, 1 material, 1 T3 Rare Unidentified Trinket

Loot total (combined of both players):
3320 Col
8 T3 Mat
1x T3 Rare Unidentified Trinket [111744]

@Mortambo

Still keeping an eye on Neo so I didn’t get too far away, Sunetra and I kept scouring the area for more materials. They were surprisingly good at finding bits of ore and other things that could be processed, but at least for the moment there wasn’t much around. At least with this new skill I can help out more and feel like I’m contributing. The two materials I added while looking for Sunetra made me feel like MissNeo was getting the raw end of the deal. As she finished the new goblin with a flourish, I chuckled. These goblins really don’t know who they are messing with. I wonder how many will be left when she’s done. I mean I guess they will respawn eventually, but she’s still cutting them down like a hot knife through butter. Turning back to my task, I watched Sunetra bat a rock around for a moment playing with it before motioning for them to follow again.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111746
    •  Craft: 11 (no bonus materials)
    •  Loot: 6 +2 +1 = 9 (FAIL!)
  • T3 Materials Found: 0 materials found

3320 Col
8 T3 Mat

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

Neo looked around for Mortambo quickly before seeing that he was doing fine gathereing on his own. She knew she would need to back off on the high cost sword arts soon, but she could go for one more goblin before taking that break. When that happened, she would go over and see what he had collected so far. Hopefully there would be a few thinngs of use that the two of them could use. Neo hadn't found any weapons yet, but that wasn't the end of the world if all she walked away with was some col and some materials. Spotting another goblin, Neo didn't hesitate to quickly attack it and let it start to bleed as it sat there paralyzed. It wouldn't be too much longer before it was dead as well.

And then we can kill the man and take everything he has.

No need to kill him you stupid weapon, I doubt he even has something we could use if we wanted to kill him.

Spoiler

ROll ID: #111748
BD: 10 - major crit (12 + 2 = 14 * 14 = 196 damage; paralysis proc)
CD: 1 - no recovery
MD: paralyzed

Neopolitan: 722/780 HP | 26/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

@Mortambo

Wandering around, still within sight of Neo, I pushed a little further out. Sunetra’s flame was very helpful keeping a light in the dark cave, and not seeing anything immediately, I bent over to pick up rocks and had them press their paw into the rocks to see if there was anything worthwhile inside. As they did this, I’d carefully pour out the molten rock and hopefully reveal some ore. I found a few things this way but it wasn’t very efficient. Burning myself on some molten rock I dropped one of them and there was a loud clatter. Looking around I hoped I didn’t alert any of the goblins or other denizens of the cavern. I waited a long second and when nothing seemed to react to my presence I looked back down at Sunetra. “Well let’s keep going. Miss Neo might need a break soon and I want to have more to show for our efforts.”

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111752
    • Craft: 1 (no bonus)
    • Loot: 20 + 2 + 1 = 23 (SUCCESS! +2 material found)
  • T3 Materials Found: 2

3320 Col
10 T3 Mat

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

rAs Neo was waiting for her chance to strike the goblin, she heard a clattering of noise coming from where Mortambo was searching. Turning to make sure she was ok, Neo suddenly felt a stab of pain in her back. Thankfully, Mortambo was fine, but it seemed she was less so. The goblin had gotten a good hit in against her, but she didn't want to let it win from this. Turning to face it, she prepared herself to take it down. Roman was nowhere to be seen sadly, but that wouldn't be necessary. She could take down this goblin without him for the time being. She just hoped that taking that hit satisfied her bloodthirsty weapon a bit more. It was still something she wanted to get control of. Though perhaps she could try to trade it off the moment it was no longer needed. That was unlikely considering just how powerful it was though.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111760
BD: 1 - critical miss (-2 EN)
CD: 3 - no recovery
MD: 10 - major crit (119 - 59 = 60 damage)

Neopolitan: 662/780 HP | 25/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

@Mortambo

Seeing Miss Neo get hit from being distracted by my noise I winced to myself. These least I could do is not make it worse for her by making too much noise. Trying to stay quieter so I didn’t distract her again Sunetra and I made it over to an ore vein because it was shining a little in the faint light. Looking around and trying to find any pieces of loose ore but it seems like the vein was pretty tapped out. Not finding anything useful, I just shrugged and turned back to watch Neo’s fight. Well I’m not making as much progress as I might have hoped finding materials, but that’s okay. I’ve found some good stuff and honestly I’m not even sure I need much in the way of these higher level materials right now. I guess it’s always good to stock the store with higher level gear but no one has tried to buy anything higher level from me yet.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111761
    • Craft: 8 (no bonus)
    • Loot: 6 + 2 + 1 = 9 (FAIL! No materials found)
  • T3 Materials Found: 0

3320 Col
10 T3 Mat

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

The goblin was not ready. Without giving any warning to her retaliatory strike, Neo quickly struck down the goblin with her blade. there was barely a moments pause before it shattered into a million shard. Perhaps there was a better way for her to have dealt the killing blow, but at least she didn't take another strike in return. Walking over towards a nearby lake, Neo decided it was about time she took a breather from fighting. Her health had taken a bit of a hit as well as she wanted to recover herself some energy to use her best sword arts again. At least there didn't seem to be much of a cooldown at the moment on her sword arts. If that were the case, she would be needing to rethink her strategy for attacking these goblins. All the while probably taking them down much slower than she was currently. Sitting down to rest, there was a nice moment of peace before she pulled out her fishing rod.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111780
BD: 10 - critical hit (12 + 2 = 14 * 14 = 196 damage)
CD: 9 - recovery

Neopolitan: 662/780 HP | 16/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

Loot:
ID: #111744
LD: 13
CD: 3
Result: HP * 4 Col, 1 material

4860 Col
11 T3 Mat

@Mortambo

I watched Neo finish off the goblin and then head towards a small underground lake to get some fishing done. She must be ready for a rest. What was that? 4 goblins in a row? She still amazes me to no end. Shaking my head, I kept searching for more materials to gather. I guess she’ll come get me when she’s ready to leave. I know she might want to do another round of fighting before we go. Sunetra pawed at a few rocks and I kneeled down checking them again to see if they had anything good inside. Sure enough, this time there were quite a few with gems and ore inside of them. “Good job!” I said petting them briefly before continuing on. This cavern has certainly been profitable for me. I can make some amazing things out of these materials. I just hope Miss Neo feels the same when we are done.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111807
    • Craft: 7 (+2 bonus)
    • Loot: 19 + 2 + 1 = 22 (SUCCESS! +2 materials found)
  • T3 Materials Found: 4

4860 Col
15 T3 Mat

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

Sitting at the lake, Neo quickly cast her line out into the shimmering water. While waiting for her line to get a bite, she started a small pile of the resources she had collected behind her. She wasn't sure if she wanted to do some more fighting before they left back to town. It would likely just depend on what Mortambo wished to do. If he was done with gathering they could head back, otherwise she would just wait until she felt better and then keep on fighting against the monsters. There hadn't been any good drops yet, but hopefully if they kept at it, her luck would change for the better. It would also be quite nice if she could help Mortambo actually level up so he could start attacking these mobs with her as well. Speeding up their killing of trash monster would sincerely help speed up her grinding for a better weapon.

Spoiler

(1/3 posts for energy recovery)

Roll ID: #111856
CD: 10 - 3 mats

4860 Col
18 T3 Mats

@Mortambo

Keeping Neo in sight I saw that she was taking a rest and fishing to prepare for another round of fighting. I started heading her way while keeping an eye out for any other materials around, and nearly tripped over a whole bunch of mushrooms. I quickly knelt and added them to my inventory and continued on towards Miss Neo. As I approached, I said “So, I’ve found quite a few materials, have you found everything you needed? Because I can always use more materials, so I don’t mind continuing to look.” Sitting down next to her, I looking almost longingly at her fishing pole. “I really need to pick up Fishing, I had fun on the lake with Ol’ Pete for that quest.” Thinking back to that quest for a moment, I shrugged and gave her a smile, “Anyway, just wanted to check in with you while you weren’t fighting. I’ll get back to my gathering.”

Gathering Roll: 

Spoiler
  • ID 111918
    • Craft: 8 (+2 bonus)
    • Loot: 18 + 2 + 1 = 21 (SUCCESS! +2 materials found)
  • T3 Materials Found: 4

4860 Col
22 T3 Mats

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

Seeing that Mortambo was coming over, Neo reeled her line back in so they could chat for a little bit. It seemed that he was good to keep going thjrough with mroe gathering, so Neo just nodded and then cast her line back out. Her energy wasn't quite back to full, slo she felt it would be a better use of time if she could get some materials from the lake. WHo knew, she may even find themselves a chest to open up. There was also going to be plenty of time to take out the goblins as she needed, it wasn't like there was a finite supply of them. Perhaps there was,, but this place was farmed heavily enough, she felt as though that problem would never really come up. If it did, then a lot of her efforts would likely have been wasted. And that wasted effort was preecisely why she was almost certain they would keep coming as long as she needed them to.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111938
CD: 3 - nothing

@Mortambo