[F21-PP] <<Nature's Treasure>> Into the Caverns!

Jumping back to my feet, I brushed off the dirt. Neo seems content to rest and try another round of fighting goblins so let’s keep searching. As I headed back out to search for materials I thought for a moment I saw a gleam in the dirt. Dropping to my knees I began to wipe away the dirt. It must be a treasure chest! Yes! Very quickly I realized it was just a small piece of ore that happened to gleam at the perfect angle in Sunetra’s light. It was even completely useless as a material. Tossing it to the side I got back up and began my search in earnest, reminding myself to stay close enough just in case Neo needed help with anything. As I tossed the piece aside, Sunetra meowed and pounced on it melting it completely. Very briefly they glowed green as the ore melted through them and I chuckled.

Looking for Treasure Chest:

Spoiler
  • ID 111939
    • Loot: 5 + 3 = 8 (FAIL)

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

Mortambo was silent for the most part, and Neo didn't mind that . It was nice to just have a quiet bit of fishing. It would be soon enough that she would be back into the fighting. Not that there was anything wrong with fighting, but it wasn't as peaceful as she would've hoped. Her weapon seemed to want other things for that, but Neo just wanted the peace of mind this fishing gave her. A tug on her line signaled that there was a fish waiting to be reeled in. It was a smaller one, but still something to add to the loot pile that was forming. Hopefully the two of them could get some worth out of this whole farming session. If not, it wouldn't be the end of the world. If she could make sure to get what she wanted, then a trip over to Shield's market may be in her near future. Assuming he was available of course.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111976
CD: 5 - 1 mat

(add that to the total please Mort, don't have time to go back to other page)

@Mortambo

Wandering out a little further, I found a few mushrooms and things growing from one of the stalagmites and picked them up for Neo. Sunetra just kept batting around and playing with the various rocks and things melting through some of them and I just smiled watching them play. Not a care in the world, and I love it. You keep me so grounded in this place. Looking back towards Neo, I continued my thoughts, I’m sure having friends and a group to belong to will help ground me even more. I haven’t met the rest of the guild yet, but I’m sure they are as great as Neo. I mean they’re her guild mates right? I kicked at one of the rocks absently and Sunetra pounced on it immediately and I felt my toes heat up. “Hey, watch it now. Don’t burn me!” They just gave me a blank stare for a full second before pouncing on the next rock.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111986
    • Craft: 5 (+1 bonus)
    • Loot: 18 + 2 + 1 = 21 (SUCCESS! +2 materials found)
  • T3 Materials Found: 3

Loot total (combined of both players):
4860 Col
26 T3 Mats
1x T3 Rare Unidentified Trinket [111744]

Edited by Mortambo

Neo watched as Mortambo continued to gather more materials. Getting up from her own spot on the ground where she was fishing, Neo was looking for more goblins to take down. They seemed to have what she wanted, ut were refusing to drop them. The weapons thhey had could very well be the ones that would allow her to break out of the menagerie of other DPS players and become a proper front liner.

Or perhaps you could use that power to take control of everyone

There's not even a use in that, besides it would be near impossible to maintain

Not if you killled any who dare to oppose you

We don't even know if we could do that, and I don't want to to begin with

A goblin began to sneak up on Neo as she was standing there dealing with her own emotions and thoughts.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #112041
BD: 1 - crit miss (-2 EN)
CD: 9 - recovery (+2 EN)
MD: 4 - miss

Neopolitan: 722/780 HP | 78/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

Goblin: 0/390 HP | 117 DMG

@Mortambo

Humming quietly to myself, watching Sunetra play with the rocks and bat them around I just smiled. This hasn’t been a bad trip at all so far. I just hope Neo can find whatever it is she’s looking for killing those goblins. I picked up a few promising looking rocks filled with ore after they have been melted a bit by Sunetra’s paws. Chuckling at their manic energy, I kept following them. I guess I should play with them more, I’m just not sure how to play with a creature that is all fire. I guess like this. Shrugging to myself, I kept watching them and how they played trying to come up with something we could do at home. They finally noticed my study of them and suddenly stopped. “What are you tired now?” Suddenly they sprang back into action leaping over a stalagmite and pouncing on another unaware rock. Shaking my head, but still grinning I followed them deeper into the cave.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 112042
    • Craft: 4 (+1 bonus)
    • Loot: 15 + 2 + 1 = 18 (SUCCESS! +2 materials found)
  • T3 Materials Found: 3

4860 Col
29 T3 Mats

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

Neo shook her head to clear the thoguhts of the weapon that seemed to be grabbing more and more of a possession over her mind. Seeing that Mortambo was making his way deeper into the cave system, Neo grew a little bit worried. But so long as he stayed. Within this area, he should be safe. Seeing the goblin that was trying to sneak up on her, Neo just gave it a grin.. The goblin halteedd for a moment, seeing that its attempts at stealth were ruined. Neo's blade grew blacker than the night once more as she quickly stabbed the creature to the ground. Its health bar immediately fell deep into the yellow and Neo kicked it towards a wall to stumble it. It had no chance to retaliate as Neo prepared for the final blow once more.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #112043
BD: 7 + 3= 10 - hit [fallen proc!] (12 + 4 = 16 * 14 = 224 damage)
CD: 12 - recovery
MD: 4 - miss

Neopolitan: 722/780 HP | 68/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

Goblin: 166/390 HP | 117 DMG

@Mortambo

As I wandered deeper into the cave, I kept my eye on Neo fighting so I wouldn’t get too far away. I know the Cavern here is relatively safe, but I don’t think I’m quite up to wandering alone on floor 21 quite yet. Maybe when Sunetra and I train some more. Sticking with Miss Neo means it shouldn’t take too long as long as we are under her wing. It seems like she is willing to do quests with us, so we should be ready to tackle this place in no time! I kept watching Sunetra play with a smile on my face and kept my eye out for when they found really good pieces of rock with solid ore in them that I could use in the smithy. Grinning and shaking my head, as I picked up a few of the better pieces they left behind I decided I really did need to find a way to play more with them and work out all this energy.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 112059
    • Craft: 10 (+3 bonus)
    • Loot: 10 + 2 + 1 = 13 (+1 materials found)
  • T3 Materials Found: 4

4860 Col
33 T3 Mats

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

Neo was already ready to pounce onto the goblin and it was a corpse before it could do much of anything else. Her black tendrils of dark energy seemed to wither away the goblin just like the others. It was honestly starting to get a little bit repetitive, but she didn't mind it so much. These goblins didn't know better and it got the job done. If there was something more of a challenge to be had here, it certainly hadn't shown its face here. Perhaps if a boss monster was fished up here she could try facing it. It wouldn't really be worth her time though if she did. It gave barely any more rewards above the other fish she could get and the challenge still wasn't that great as far as she knew. The last boss monster she had fished up she had only had to run away from because she was already exhausted from a previous fight that took her energy.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #112060
BD: 6 - hit [fallen proc] (very dead)
MD: dead

Neopolitan: 722/780 HP | 59/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

Loot roll:
ID: #112061
LD: 4
CD: 7
Results: HP * 6 Col, 3 material

7200 Col
36 T3 Mats

@Mortambo

Maybe if I got them a bunch of steel balls and play things? Or maybe if I caught some other fire creatures for them to hunt? I’m just not sure what would be fun for them. Sunetra pounced on a large pile of rocks half melting into them and just revealing more stone. As we continued, though I kept an eye on Neo, I ranged a little farther hoping to find good materials to bring back. They still scampered around me pouncing on rocks and meowing occasionally. Suddenly we both stopped as we heard another sound. Very quickly, we ducked behind a rock and Sunetra dimmed their light down and some goblins walked by just minding their own business. Maybe I better head back, I might be getting to the edge of the caverns. Slowly, without alerting the goblins I crept back the way I came towards Neo and her safety.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 112059
    • Craft: 6 (no bonus)
    • Loot: 4 + 2 + 1 = 7 (no materials found)
  • T3 Materials Found: 0

7200 Col
36 T3 Mats

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

Neo was already starting to get a little bit tired from throwing out all of these attacks, but it wasn't too much yet. She could probably take on one or two more of these little buggers before having to take another break for some fishing. Mortambo wasn't anywhere to be seen, but she didn't worry for him too much. So long as his health bar wasn't moving, that meant he was out of trouble or hiding from it. It would probably be a good idea to go find him though once she was done with another goblin. A small band seemed to come her way, and she waited until most of them were out of the caverns to pick off one of the smaller ones. It wasn't that big, but it was not going to be as much of a pushover it seemed. luckily, the goblin was stupid enough not to call for the aid of its allies, and she was able to whittle down its health slowly but surely.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #112043
BD: 7 + 3= 10 - hit [fallen proc!] (12 + 4 = 16 * 14 = 224 damage)
CD: 4 - no recovery
MD: 3 - miss

Neopolitan: 722/780 HP | 48/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

Goblin: 166/390 HP | 117 DMG

@Mortambo

As I crept back towards Neo, I saw the same group pass her and drew in my breath waiting. If they all attacked her at once she might be in trouble and I wouldn’t be much help. Luckily they passed without incident as she struck the goblin in front of her again and distracted him. Sighing in relief Sunetra and I wandered back closer to where she was Sunetra once again playing joyfully with no real idea of the threat that just passed over the two of us. I picked through their toys and found some more good gems and ores and put them in my inventory. After that I watched them play for a few moments before reaching down and grabbing a rock and throwing it for them. They scampered off after it and I, chuckling under my breath, followed them. Just not a care in the world other than what is right in front of them.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 112105
    • Craft: 11 (+3 bonus)
    • Loot: 20 + 2 + 1 = 23 (+2 materials found)
  • T3 Materials Found: 5

7200 Col
41 T3 Mats

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

Mortmabo seemed to have returned by now, which was nice to see. There was the chance that he had gotten caught on these goblins, though she would've seen his health bar start to change if that were the case. She kept attacking the goblin that was in front of her, and quickly brought it down to its knees. The loot window popped in front of her as it shattered into pieces like all the others. Still nothing impressive, but at least it was something. Still silently grumbling about not finding anything that she wanted yet, Neo began to look for her next challenger. If the weak goblins could truly be called challengers.

What if you went against him?

That is a completely stupid idea why do you keep wanting me to kill people?

Because it is fun.

No it isn't!

It could be, if you just tried it once

Stop trying this.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #112177
BD: 4 + 3 = 7 - hit (dead)

Neopolitan: 722/780 HP | 48/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

Loot Roll:
ID: #112178
LD: 5
CD: 10
Result: HP * 6 Col, 3 T3 Mats

9540 Col
44 T3 Mats

@Mortambo

Glancing up at Neo across the cavern, I noticed her finishing off another goblin. I wonder if she’ll want to rest again and go for another round after her energy runs out this time. I know she’s looking for something from them. I could tell she was a little frustrated. Shrugging, I continued to watch Sunetra play with the various rocks while keeping my eye out for good pieces to use for smithing. Sunetra flared up green at one point as they burned through a rock and I laughed. Crouching down I began to toss small rocks through them to see if they’d make any other colors. After the third or fourth they put their ears down in annoyance and gave me a look. “Okay, okay, I’ll stop. It’s pretty neat when you change colors though.” They looked at me with their head quirked to the side and put their paw on another rock letting it change them green. When I laughed they pounced on it, and I just shook my head standing back up and continued my search.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 112226
    • Craft: 3 (no bonus)
    • Loot: 5 + 2 + 1 = 8 (no materials found)
  • T3 Materials Found: 0

9540 Col
44 T3 Mats

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

With another one down and her weapon talking to her even more, Neo just looked aroudn for another goblin to go after. Seeing one hiding after seeing his friend die so horribly, Neo charged towards it. It wasn't ready for being spotted so quickly and she quickly punctured it through the neck. It fell to the ground a moment after that and was lying on the ground still. It was strange to feel such excitement from rendering such a simple creature so helpless.

Good, do you see what joy this brings you? Now only imagine it against another human.

Shaking her head free of the thoughts, Neo backed away from the goblin for a bit She needed to get rid of this voice inside of her head. It was getting annoying having it constantly be there. But it was right, there was a strange sense of joy coming from doing this.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #112437
BD: 9 - minor crit (12 + 1 = 13 * 14 = 182 damage)
CD: 5 - no recovery
MD: paralyzed

Goblin: 208/390 HP | 117 DMG

@Mortambo

Sunetra and I continued to search for materials with them pouncing on rocks and seeing if there was ore inside. Eventually, I found a handful more and stopped looking across the caverns at Neo’s fight. She had taken the goblin down but then backed off. I wonder if everything is all right. I know she doesn’t need my help with fighting, but is something else going on. Shaking my head, I turned back to follow Sunetra. I’m not sure I know her well enough for her to share if something major was going on. I’ll just wait until she rests again and maybe ask her if she’s okay. Yeah that’s probably the best way to approach it. Maybe she’s just pushing herself too hard to find these weapons. Shrugging to myself I kicked at some rocks and continued in my circuit around the cavern. Hopefully she doesn’t push herself so far that she gets hurt. There’s not much I can do against these goblins.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 112469
    • Craft: 12 (+3 bonus)
    • Loot: 19 + 2 + 1 = 22 (+2 materials found)
  • T3 Materials Found: 5

9540 Col
49 T3 Mats

@Neopolitan (I'm so sorry, I thought I finished this post on Thursday. :/)

Edited by Mortambo
  • 2 weeks later...

((Totally fine, still having to go through my queue of threads to respond to. So sorry for taking so long here))

After clearing her head a bit, Neo quickly went forward and finished off the goblin. It crumbled to dust as the black of her weapon seemed to grow even darker. It was a strange effect, but seemed. As though it was intended for her weapon to do that. There were some flashbacks to the plaayers that had crumbled to dust back at the event where she got this weapon to begin with. It was strange to havve something hold so much influencce over her. It shouldn't be possible, though knowing what this game had already done to her made sense ass to what it was going to keep doing to her with this weapon. She was prepared for the worst, though after seeing the meager rewards the goblin gave, she didn't mind if the worst came at this point. Maybe she would try for one more goblin before calling the trip. Before that though, she just hoped Mortambo was having a bit more success with his own gathering.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #112725
BD: 8 + 3 = 11 - hit, fallen proc (very dead)
CD: 4 - no recovery
MD: dead

Neopolitan: 722/780 HP | 37/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

Loot Roll:
ID: #112726
LD: 10
CD: 2
Result: HP*7 Col, 1 Uncommon Consumable, 1 T3 Mat

Loot total (combined of both players):
12270 Col
50 T3 Mats
1x T3 Uncommon Unidentified Consumable [112726]

@Mortambo