[F01-PP] <<Nature's Treasure>> A Walk in the Garden with Friends

At my workshop, I saw that I had plenty of materials for the moment but I knew more people might be making more difficult orders soon and it was hard for me to make perfect items still. Maybe I should go back to the <<Garden>> that got me a ton of materials last time. I think the girl I hunted with, Kirbs, said something about inviting her gathering or hunting again, and I know Miss Neo said any time I went to get materials I should invite her because she could always use them. So I sent off two messages for the ladies to meet me at the edge of the Town so we could head out to that beautiful peaceful garden again. I was actually very excited since my last experience had been so relaxed and blissful. Maybe I could find more peace there and think over more of my plans while we searched.

Quest Mechanics:

Spoiler

Searching:  LD rolls of 11-14 give 1 material.  LD rolls of 15+ give 2 materials.  Gatherer skill is added to this roll as well.

Fishing:  Monsters and bosses never spawn.  Fishing receives no bonus materials.  CD 12s require a LD of 15+ (modifiers allowed) to fish up a treasure chest.  If 1-14, players receive 4 materials.

Treasure Chests:  LD of 1-3 does not result in a mimic, but drops (Floor * 25) col and one material.

Looting Mobs:  Loot required mobs always drop (HP * 4) col and 1 material as default drops.

Quest Requirements:

Spoiler
  • At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • Mobs MUST meet or exceed the loot minimum parameter.

Combat Stats:

Spoiler

Mortambo: HP 200/200 | EN: 20/20 | DMG 3 | MIT 35 | LD 2
Equipped:

• Battle Axe (+1 DMG)
  • Armored Coat of the Warrior (+3 MIT)
  • Lucky Shirt (+2 LD)

@Neopolitan

@Kirbs

Neo had been working along in her shop. THough at the moment she was counting materials as she took a break from the massive order in front of her, she was hoping to get working on it again soon. She ended up getting a ping for a message though, and Neo took a look at it. It seemed that Mortambo was. Looking to do some gathering on the loewr floors. THough Neo didn't really care for the loewr floors that much, it would be a bad idea to pass up the chance at gathering more materials. She had plenty now, but who knew what state her stores would be in after she finished this order. Making her way to the first floor, Neo went over to where Mortambo was. It seemed they were waiting for one jmore as well, so Neo just passed over some food and atee a little bit herself so that they could do more with the time that they had.

Items:

Spoiler

Consumed: Golden Toast (+1 LD)
Offered: Golden Toast (+1 LD) to @Mortambo, Golden Toast (+1 LD) to @Kirbs [upon entrance]

Stats:

Spoiler

(Not doing combat, though level 39 if that happens) +4 LD, +5 Stealth

Kirbs was wandering through the shops of a small town she was too lazy to remember the name of when she received a message from a friend. She quirked a brow up when she read the message. Gathering, huh? I guess I could use the materials, she thought to herself as she closed the message. That doesn't sound too bad. Kirbs closed her menu and bolted out of town. Arriving at the garden, she looks around for a familiar face and found it. "Hey Mort, how has life been treating you? Very well by the looks of it?" She gave him a small grin and turned her head to an unfamiliar face. "Oh, I haven't met you before," Kirbs said with a voice an octave lower than what she had begun with. "I'm Kirbs, nice to meet you." She extended her hand out and gave a small and nervous smile. Jesus, I didn't know someone else was going to join in.

@Mortambo

As Kirbs arrived, I smiled "It's good to see you again." As she introduced herself to Neo, I nodded. "This is my friend Neo, she, um...doesn't say much but she's helped me out on a couple of quests. She'll probably just do some fishing while we look for materials." As Neo passed out the Toast I took mine and passed the other one to Kirbs. "She's also a cook and her toast is DELICIOUS. You've got to try it." I ate my toast savoring every bite. “Well, I’m ready to start searching.” I looked out over the Garden and tried to figure out the best way to go. “Last time I took a long walk around the lake and found a lot of great stuff. But we might be able to just search around the beginning of the path too.” I led them up to the lake and started searching around for good materials for my Smithing. Almost immediately I found some strong straight branches I could use as parts of weapons. Man I love this place I thought as I picked them up and put them in my inventory. 

Consumed Golden Toast +1 LD for thread. 

Gathering roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111694
    • Craft: 4 (+1 bonus material)
    • Loot: 10 + 2 + 1 = 13 (SUCCESS! 1 Material Found)
  • T1 Materials Found: 0 + 2 = 2 

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

The third member of their party joined the two of them and they headed out quite quickly. Neo just offered a short bow to the new player, who seemed to be quite the energetic type. And with the party set up, Neo would find herself sitting at a small lake quietly fishing while the rest of them gathered materials their own way. It would be nice to be fishing again. All of these other trips were mostly her killing monsters and not doing anything that actually calmed her down. Perhaps this fishing would be something to calm her nerves and be able to face the darkness that had become her weapon. She hadn't brought it along with her today, at least not actively equipped. It was still lingering in her inventory, waiting to be wielded once more. If anything even spawned near her level here though, Neo would be thoroughly surprised.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111695
CD: 11 - 4 mats found

Total:
6 T1 Mats

@Kirbs

Kirbs nodded her head, "Nice to meet you, Neo." She gave her a small wave and a smile. Taking the toast, her eyes gleamed when he mentioned being a cook. Whipping her to Neo, her previous smile was turned into a full-blown grin. "Oh wow, you're a cook? Seriously, I admire the things that cooks do in this game." She giggled. Stuffing the toast in her mouth, she gave a salute to Mortambo before dashing off to who knows where. As she walked around the garden, a small sparkle in the grass caught her eye. Crouching down, she quickly moved aside a few patches of grass to find a few gemstones hidden in it. Oh sweet, these look pretty enough to be on some trinkets and crap. Grinning, she stuffed the materials in her inventory. Standing up, she brushed her lap off with a smile. "Well, that's a good start so far."

Spoiler

ID: 111697

LD: 14+3+1=18

@Mortambo@Neopolitan

Edited by Kirbs

Seeing Neo happily fishing, I turned to Kirbs but she just saluted me and dashed off. “Oh I thought we’d…” stick together and walk around some. Shrugging, I headed off around the lake to follow the path and enjoy the scenery like I did last time. I could at least show Sunetra this time. Whistling a merry tune in time with my pace, I kept an eye out for any good crafting materials, food stuff, or stuff to make potions but in the beginning part of the path I just didn’t find anything worthwhile. Sunetra put her head up on my shoulder so she could watch what I was doing and as I went I gave her a tour of the last time I was in the Garden. After a little bit I stopped to look out over the lake and admire it. I still have no words for how amazing it is here.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111714
    •  Craft: 10 (No bonus mats)
    •  Loot: 4 + 2 + 1 = 7 (FAIL!)
  • Total T1 Materials Found: 7 (everyone's total so far)

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

It seemed that the group was fine with splitting up, and Neo didn't really minds that. Once they were able to reconvene at the end of their little gathering session, Neo hoped that they could all split up their gains fairly. If not, it wouldn't be the end of the worold. Neo was mostly just here to restock her shop anyways. A shop that was already fairly well stocked. It would've been best if they could've done this on floor 11 where there was rumors of a courtyard with plenty of higher level materials, but Neo couldn't be that picky. Materials were materials, and she could always use more of them in her stores. Getting another bite on her line, Neo quickly reeled it in and had a rather large fish on the line. Dissolving it into materials, Neo tossed it behind her as a pile began to form of the materials she collected.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111716
CD: 11 - 4 mats

Total: 12 T1 mats (4 + 2 from kirbs)

@Kirbs

Kirbs sighed as she picked at a couple vibrant red and yellow flowers that sprouted from a small patch of grass. Man, I'm pretty sure I've put off all of my shop's orders for... basically forever. Damn, I feel kind of bad now. Maybe I should send each of them a hundred col for compensation or something? Perhaps, that'll make my guilt go away, at leastShe let out another heavy sigh and fell back on to the grass with a frown. I should probably close down my shop for a little bit after I finish all of these bloody orders. Maybe when I have enough materials to last me a while or somethingShe groaned into her arm. This is the most responsible thing I've done since forever. Kirbs chuckled to herself and pressed her palms together. The gathering had barely even started and she already wanted to go take a nap.

Spoiler

ID: 111828

LD: 1+4=5, No Materials Found

Total T1 Materials: 12

@Mortambo

Edited by Kirbs

I made it to the same field of wildflowers I found before, and just let myself plop down in the field letting Sunetra out of the hood. This was fun. I really like this place, I hope Kirbs and Neo like it too. It’s just so great for a respite from all the violence and battle outside. Sighing I laid back and put my hands behind my head. Sunetra burned away a little circle of the flowers so she could lay down next to me. Looking up at the clear blue sky, feeling the warmth of the sun on my face, but the cool breeze also keeping me from getting too warm I just smiled. Sitting up slowly I could see Sunetra was content too their eyes heavy from trying not to fall asleep. I looked around and didn’t see anything useful here like I did last time, but I shrugged and flopped back on the ground again not ready to continue my search quite yet.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111832
    • Craft: 11 (no bonus materials)
    • Loot: 2 + 3 = 5 (no material found)
  • Total T1 Materials Found: 12

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

Neo cast out her line again and waited for another fish to bit, while she did so, she sent out a message to the other two to let them know that they could start piling up materials to split at the end of their little trip behind her. Sure they may think she would try to run off with as many as she could, but that was really up to them to decide. If they wanted to wait to split, so be it. Neo just wanted to give them the chance to unload materials in case they didn't want them plugging up their inventory. Neo had plenty as it stood, she just wanted more as a buffer to help with getting orders done. There was still a rather large one she had to do as well that could suck a lot of her resources out of storage if she didn't get it done within a reasonable amount of tries. Even in a reasonable amount of tries, it might take most of her materials.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111857
CD: 2 - nothing

12x T1 Mats total

@Kirbs

• 2 weeks later...

Kirbs propped herself against a base of a small tree as she poked through the grass and dirt with a stick. I'm starting to remember why I hate gathering so much, she thought, a loud exasperated sigh escaping her. As she continued to poke through the dry dirt, her stick hit something solid. Raising an eyebrow, she continued to mess with a dirt a little bit. The more the pushed the earth away, the more she could make out a few tiny gems. Smiling to herself, she picked the gems up. She briefly examined them before throwing them in her inventory. As a bit of time passed, she just sat there with a blank expression on her face. Abruptly, she threw the stick on the ground and stretched her stiff limbs. "Well, I'm bored again!" Just as she was about to complain some more, she received a message from the girl she was introduced to earlier. "I guess I can do that instead."

Spoiler

ID: 112210

LD: 17+3=10, 2 Materials Found

Total T1 Materials: 12+2=14

@Mortambo

Edited by Kirbs

Finally, I sat up as I received the message from Neo about leaving the materials near to her. I shrugged, and as I left the field of wildflowers stopped to pick a few. As I made my way back to her spot on the lake I managed to forage up quite a bit. I found some mushrooms a little further in the woods, some good strong sticks for the hafts of weapons, and some good ore just lying around on the ground waiting to be picked up. I put my hands in my pockets merrily whistling to myself as I made my way down the path with Sunetra walking next to me, her flames singing a lot of the plants along the way. As we reached Neo, I added my materials to the pile and wordlessly offered her a few of the wildflowers I had picked with a big grin on my face.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 112224
    • Craft: 10 (+3  bonus materials)
    • Loot: 8 + 3 = 11 (+1 material found)
  • Total T1 Materials Found: 14 + 4 = 18

@Neopolitan

Edited by Mortambo

Seeing the other two come over and drop off some of their materials at her little pile, Neo was glad that they were willing to trust her. And as she sat there and continued her fishing, she quickly reeled in a few more smaller fish. The rate helpled buffer the materials granted, even if it was only small fish. At least none of the fish she did catch were too small to be turned into materials. That did seem to happen from time to time. Calmly sitting there, it seemed like nothing else in the whole world could really interrupt her. Well, maybe Mortambo's pet could, though that was just on account of it being so cute. Feeling a wave of displeasure, Neo looked up to seee her own familiar circling. Guess he was a bit jealous of the flaming cat. Just giving off a smile, Neo internally laughed at the thought of a jealous dragon.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #112441
CD: 9 - 3 mats

Total mats: 21

@Kirbs

• 2 weeks later...

Kirbs helped as she hit something solid with her foot. Sighing to herself, she crouched down and poked at the material with a nearby stick. Rolling her eyes at herself, she placed the material in her inventory and stood back up. The day was getting later and her mood is slowly degenerating. She hated this. She hated this a lot. Collapsing back on the grass, she let out an inaudible groan. Putting her arm over her eyes, she let out another lacy sigh. Kirbs kicked her legs impatiently and rolled into her stomach, slapping her face into the grass. The day wasn’t so hopeless, at least. 

She would have enough materials for her shop for a bit with the share she was going to get from this quest, at least, she told herself. But at this point, she just wanted to pass out on her bed and dream her little worried away.

Spoiler

ID: 112651

LD: 16, +2 Materials

Total Mats: 23

@Mortambo

Edited by Kirbs