[ PP - F01 ] Fair Fight <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> w/ Ptolemy, Mortambo

Kirbs rubbed her chin and groaned, I need to do a quest, specifically the medicine one. She sighed and sent out a message to someone random in her friends list. Her finger landing on Mortambo, she gave a shrug. It could be worse. After sending the message, she fell back down on to her bum. Kirbs sat on a brisk rock with a pointed look. I can't wait for Kat right now. I really need to finish this quest, sorry Kat! She let her familiar curl around her arm and sat up, only to hit something and fall back on to the floor once again. "Ow, the hell, mate?" She rubbed the back and looked up. An unfamiliar player was standing there, and she had absolutely no idea who he was. "Oh, banana cheese balls." She looked up at him with a nervous smile. "Sorry about that pal, I guess I wasn't looking where I was... standing?"

@Ptolemy @Mortambo

Ptolemy let out a low grunt as he felt something collide into him. Hearing something fall to the floor, he tilted his head. He looked down and spotted an unfamiliar face. It was a girl-- most likely younger than him. Snapping out of his thoughts, he let out a small chuckle. He held out his hand with a warm smile. "No, don't blame yourself. Apologies, it was my fault for making myself unknown to you in such a dangerous area," Ptolemy replied, pulling her up. He looked around before settling his eyes back onto the stranger. "I don't suppose you are doing the quest that is around here, are you?" He asked, tilting his head. "It just seems so that I am doing that quest myself."

Glancing at the creature wrapped tightly around her arm, he gave a small chuckle. "Is that your familiar? You don't find many tamers around here, it's good to see another person like me." As soon as he finished, a streak of white landed on his head. "Speaking of the devil himself. May I introduce you to my own familiar, Cygnus."

@Mortambo

After getting Kirbs message, I got my gear together and went out to meet her. Seeing her talking to someone new, I waved to get her attention. As I walked up, I heard the man say something about the quest around here. Ah, that must be what Kirbs wanted. To do the Medicine quest in the area. That’s okay I haven’t done it yet. He went on asking about Scarfy and introduced his own familiar, and I remembered that I didn’t have Sunetra when I hunted with Kirbs. It seems like that hunting trip was ages ago, but I guess it’s only been about a week. I guess a lot happened. I walked up to the little group and said “Hey Kirbs, nice to see you again, and it’s good that you brought a friend to help out in case I’m as terrible as I was last time.” I chuckled at my own joke and smiled broadly at both of them.

@Kirbs @Ptolemy

Kirbs recoiled a bit at his formal tone, "O-oh, okay." She let out a high pitched giggle and grabbed his hand. Feeling her legs go wobbly as she stood up, she brushed her lap off. "Hi, my Kirbs is name!" She sputtered, her eyes widening in terror. "I-I mean! My name is Kirbs! Kirbs... like the game!" She let out another high pitched giggle. As he looked away, she mentally slapped herself on the face. What kind of idiot acts like that? When he had turned to her, she turned stiff with a sweatdrop. "U-uh, yeah. I am actually. I messaged a friend to meet me up here a bit ago."

Kirbs let her eyes drift to the other player's familiar. "Oh, really? I guess you really don't spot that many. He is very beautiful by the way," she shot his familiar a small smile and held out her arm. "Er, this is Scarfy. He's a shy bloke, don't mind him." Scarfy scanned both Ptolemy and Cygnus from head to tow silently before slithering back to rest on Kirbs's neck. She let out another nervous laugh. "See?"

When she heard a familiar voice, her face broke into a smile. "Mort! I had been wondering when you would show up!" She grinned, slapping him on the back. "Friend? Oh, I just met the guy- I mean... we're great pals." She flashed a forced smile. "So, I suppose we're doing this quest together?"

The blue haired player blinked at her strangely but smiled regardless. I feel like if I do anything too drastic, she’ll end up fainting from nervousness, he chuckled at the thought. Extending his hand to shake hers, he gave a warm greeting, “Ptolemy, a pleasure to meet you.” He let go of her hand and took a small sigh. Looking around, he shrugged his shoulders. "I don't see him yet, I can always wait with you. A lady like yourself shouldn't be waiting alone in a forest."
“Yes, I suppose he is. He took quite a while to catch but I find it worth it.” Ptolemy nudged Cygnus’s head with his finger and let out a small laugh when the serpent let out an annoyed sound. "He is unusual if I do say so myself, but he gets the job done so I have no room to say anything negative." Ptolemy turned his attention away from his familiar and turned towards the other serpent-like creature that took up most of Kirbs's arm. "Scarfy? I see." 

Turning his head to another play, he gave the man a small smile. "Pleasure to meet you, sir," he said formally, turning his head slightly to face Kirbs. "Did we not just meet a couple minutes ago?"

@Mortambo

"Oh yeah, you placed an order in my shop! What a coincidence. It's nice to see you again." I gave the man a small nod. Looking at the stranger and Kirbs, I said "So yeah, let's get to business. After all I have an order back at my workshop to finish," I said grinning. "Killing some plant things isn't that it? Lead on, Kirbs, I'm right behind you." It is kind of a weird coincidence, this guy being in my store and then him immediately running into Kirbs. I wonder what that is about. Sunetra meowed from my shoulder and I suddenly remembered “Oh yeah! Kirbs, this is Sunetra.” I leaned over some so Kirbs could pet them if she wanted. “Be careful, they’re a lava spirit, so it can get kind of hot, but you were right. Having a familiar is absolutely the best and I wouldn’t trade them for the world.”

@Kirbs

She looked between both of the men and shrugged, "Aight, let us go my fellow peasants." Just as she was about to take a step into the shrubbery, she heard a meow. Immediately, a smile graced her features as she spun around at lightning speed. "Oh my goodness, you have a cat. Bloody hell, Mortambo! You should've told me the moment I saw you!" She cooed, watching the cat that was perched on his shoulders with so-called hearts in her eyes. Whipping her head towards Mortambo, she blinked at him. "How much for that cat? I'll trade you my bloody familiar for it!" She felt a sharp pain in her arm and turned her head to a seemingly fuming Scarfy. "What? It's not my fault you're always a jerk to me! Why can't be you like innocent, little Sunetra over here!" She poked an accusing finger in Scarfy's face, which he stared at for a few seconds before looking away. Facepalming herself, she turned to the people in her party, "Do you see what I have to work with every day?"

Just about when she was about to go on a full out rant, she heard a familiar sound of a certain mob. Yuk, time to go through this again. Pressing a finger against her lips, she made a bunch of wild hand motions at the nepents who haven't noticed them. Ah, hell, I can't even understand myself anymore. She sighed and rolled her eyes at her stupidity. Unsheathing her dagger, she pointed to the nepent closest to them. If she had just the right amount of luck, she'd be able to finish it in one go. Without waiting, she burst out behind the undergrowth and activated her sword art. The nepent barely having enough time to react, didn't have enough time to recoil before her dagger plunged into its sickly green skin. "Alright, you guys go after the second one!"

Combat:

Spoiler

ID: 111818

BD: 10, Crit +2 DMG

5+2=7x2=14 DMG

7-14= 0 HP

Kirbs [] H: 0/0 [] HP: 220 [] EN: 22 [] 5 DMG [] 2 EVA [] 3 ACC [] 1 Paralyze [] 23 MIT

Ptolemy [] H: 0/0 [] HP: 120 [] EN: 12 [] 5 DMG [] 9 Thorns [] 26 MIT [] 2 Paralyze 

Mortambo [] H: 0/0 []

Nepent #1 [] 0/7 [] 3 DMG -14 DMG

Nepent #2 [] 7/7 [] 3 DMG

@Ptolemy

Edited by Kirbs

"Yes, I remember and likewise," Ptolemy returned the nod with a smile and stuffed his hands into his pockets. Smiling to himself as he watched the interaction between Mortambo and Kirbs, he switched his gaze over to the overgrowth that surrounded them. We should be leaving soon, this quest might take all day, after all, he thought to himself as he returned his gaze back to the other players. "It is indeed a beautiful familiar. At what floor did you tame him?" He asked, genuinely curious.

"A peasant, huh?" Ptolemy chuckled at her childish behavior, it reminded him of his own little sisters back in Berlin. He found the whole ordeal to be amusing. "Perhaps you should not say that when you're familiar is right there-" He cut himself off as she then turned to her familiar and started arguing with it. He found it hard to contain himself when the familiar started ignoring its own owner but stifled it down anyways. "I indeed assume that Scarfy can be a bit of handful sometimes." He craned his head to look at his familiar-- which was placed on his shoulder. Cygnus wasn't a very problematic familiar, he was quite calm, actually.

He raised his brow in amusement as he watched the girl go crazy with her hand motions. He turned his head to the nepent closest to them and nodded at her. As she took off, he couldn't help but realize how experienced she looked. Perhaps she was actually into video games? He wasn't sure but he was impressed that she had managed to kill a nepent so fast. Snapping back to reality, he gave a nod towards Kirbs and rushed off, his Core Collapse in hand. As his grip tightened on the spear, he unleashed one of his sword arts and slashed right through the nepent. He couldn't help but feel giddy when it dispersed into a cloud of blue. "That is the first wave, yes?"

Combat:

Spoiler

ID: 111819

BD: 9, Crit +1 DMG

5+1=6x2=12 DMG

7-12= 0 HP

Kirbs [] H: 0/0 [] HP: 220 [] EN: 21/22 [] 5 DMG [] 2 EVA [] 3 ACC [] 1 Paralyze [] 23 MIT

Ptolemy [] H: 0/0 [] HP: 120 [] EN: 11/12 [] 5 DMG [] 9 Thorns [] 26 MIT [] 2 Paralyze 

Nepent #1 [] 0/7 [] 3 DMG 

Nepent #2 [] 0/7 [] 3 DMG -12 DMG

@Mortambo

Edited by Ptolemy

Responding to Ptolemy’s question as Kirbs was arguing with Scarfy I replied, “I found Sunetra on Floor 9. At first I wanted a familiar that could help me around the forge and while she does help, I find her more useful in protecting my back when I fight.” As Kirbs darted off after the first nepent, I watched her execute her Sword Art with the same precision and skill she had shown in their hunting on Floor 3. I then hung back just a moment to see how the newcomer did and he performed admirably, turning around saying “That was the first wave, yes?” As he did that, two more Nepents spawned behind me and rose up to their full height. “I think so but…” and I felt Sunetra’s protective aura flare which spurred me into action spinning on my heel to unleashed a massive kick to the two Nepents. My kick unfortunately swung wide missing completely, but the Nepents lashed out where I had been standing both missing me with their return attack. “…more should be coming.”

Combat Results:

Spoiler
  • ID: 111820
    • BD: 3 + 2 = 5 (MISS!)
    • CD: 11 (success)
    • MD: 4 (MISS!)
  • ID 111829
    • MD: 1 (MISS!)
  • Kirbs [] H: 0/0 [] HP: 220 [] EN: 21/22 [] 5 DMG [] 2 EVA [] 3 ACC [] 1 Paralyze [] 23 MIT
  • Ptolemy [] H: 0/0 [] HP: 120 [] EN: 11/12 [] 5 DMG [] 9 Thorns [] 26 MIT [] 2 Paralyze 
  • Mortambo [] H: 0/0 [] HP 220 [] EN 16/22 [] 5 DMG [] MIT 17 [] 2 ACC [] 0 EVA [] 2 Bleed [] 2 Thorns [] 1 RGN [] 1 REC (-6 EN)
    • Recovery (+1 EN next round)
  • Nepent #1: H 0/0 [] HP 7 [] DMG 3 
  • Nepent #2: H 0/0 [] HP 7 [] DMG 3 

@Kirbs

Edited by Mortambo
didn't realize we had to fight more basic Nepents

Kirbs grinned as she watched Ptolemy take down the second one. "All right!" She cheered, watching him finish it off. She had expected him to be inexperienced at fighting, he didn't seem like the type to get his own hands dirty for stuff like this, much less be the type to play video games in general. Turning her attention back to Mortambo, she nodded her head. "I'll take down the third one," she gestured her free hand towards the closest one. "Take the fourth!" She dashed away and activated another one of her sword arts. Propelling herself up, she landed two splitting jabs onto the third nepent, making it explode into a flurry of blue. Turning her head back to Ptolemy and Mortambo, she pointed to the farthest nepent who was currently standing there like a bamboozled cat. "Take down that one and then we'll have one more wave to take care of before the variant."

Combat:

Spoiler

ID: 111830

BD: 4+3=7, Success

5x2=10 DMG

7-10= 0 HP

Kirbs [] H: 0/0 [] HP: 220 [] EN: 20/22 [] 5 DMG [] 2 EVA [] 3 ACC [] 1 Paralyze [] 23 MIT

Ptolemy [] H: 0/0 [] HP: 120 [] EN: 11/12 [] 5 DMG [] 9 Thorns [] 26 MIT [] 2 Paralyze 

Nepent #3 [] 0/7 [] 3 DMG -10 DMG

Nepent #4 [] 7/7 [] 3 DMG

Edited by Kirbs

Ptolemy nodded and got his sword art ready once again. He sprinted off, leaping into the air to deliver a fatal blow to the nepent. His spear slashed through the mob, making its HP drop down to zero in a span of seconds. Watching it disappear into a blue cloud, he turned back to the other two players. "Alright. Just two more after this before the variant, correct?" He asked, lowering his spear with a heavy sigh. Running a hand through his hair, his lips formed a thin line. This quest is taking much longer than I had expected... I did not expect to join a party on such short notice. I would've only had to battle two of these if I went by myself. He gave another inaudible sigh and shrugged the thought off. I suppose it's too late to take anything back now. He smiled to himself anyway. I did meet some interesting people, though.

@Mortambo

Combat:

Spoiler

ID: 111831

BD: 9, Crit +1 DMG

5+1=6x2=12 DMG

7-12= 0 HP

Kirbs [] H: 0/0 [] HP: 220 [] EN: 20/22 [] 5 DMG [] 2 EVA [] 3 ACC [] 1 Paralyze [] 23 MIT

Ptolemy [] H: 0/0 [] HP: 120 [] EN: 10/12 [] 5 DMG [] 9 Thorns [] 26 MIT [] 2 Paralyze 

Nepent #3 [] 0/7 [] 3 DMG 

Nepent #4 [] 0/7 [] 3 DMG -12 DMG

Edited by Ptolemy

“Yep, just these two.” I pointed over Ptolemy’s shoulder as the final two spawned. “Shouldn’t be a problem though, assuming I can hit them this time.” I darted forward ducking under the first one’s strike to deliver a right hook to its body and, as it began to shimmer and break apart, I spun into a roundhouse kick sending it flying into the second one causing both of them to shatter into a shower of blue sparks. Turning back to my party members I grinned and said “That’s how it’s done. Easy as pie.” Falling back into a fighting stance, I started looking around for the harder spawn. He’s got to be harder than these little minions right? Or maybe I’m just way too high level for this quest. I’m sure any of us can handle it though. I moved slowly towards Kirbs and Ptolemy ready for the thing to attack from nowhere but wanting my party at my back.

Combat Results:

Spoiler
  • ID: 111916
    • BD: 4 + 2 = 6 (HIT!)
    • CD: 7 (success)
    • MD: 5 (MISS!)
  • ID 111917
    • BD: 7 +2 = 9 (HIT!)
    • MD: 10 (CRITICAL HIT!)
  • Kirbs [] H: 0/0 [] HP: 220 [] EN: 20/22 [] 5 DMG [] 2 EVA [] 3 ACC [] 1 Paralyze [] 23 MIT
  • Ptolemy [] H: 0/0 [] HP: 120 [] EN: 10/12 [] 5 DMG [] 9 Thorns [] 26 MIT [] 2 Paralyze 
  • Mortambo [] H: 0/0 [] HP 220 [] EN 12/22 [] 5 DMG [] MIT 17 [] 2 ACC [] 0 EVA [] 2 Bleed [] 2 Thorns [] 1 RGN [] 1 REC (-6 EN)
    • Aggressive Twins: DMG 5 x2 = 10 DMG (Nepent #1, Nepent #2)
  • Nepent #1: H 0/0 [] HP 0/7 [] DMG 3 (DEAD)
  • Nepent #2: H 0/0 [] HP 0/7 [] DMG 3  (DEAD)

@Kirbs

Edited by Mortambo

Kirbs let out a small clap along with a chuckle as she watched him finish off the few Nepents left. "Alright! That's how you do it!" She cheered, a small grin spreading across her face. "The Variant should come up any second now," she mumbled, her hands tapping against her dagger impatiently. She let out a loose sigh just as another Nepent spawned it. Nodding her head towards the both of her party members, she dashed off towards the mob. As she got ready to activate her sword art, her feet gave way from under her. Well, that's not good, was her last thought before she fell face first into the ground. She gave a muffled reply as she slowly pushed herself up. "I'm okay, I think." Kirbs let out a low laugh as she joined back with them. "I mean, first miss? That isn't too bad," she chuckled, giving a short and dejected sigh.

Combat:

Spoiler

ID: 112107

BD: 1+3=4, Fail

Kirbs [] H: 0 [] HP: 220 [] EN: 19/22 [] 5 DMG [] 2 EVA [] 3 ACC [] 1 Paralyze [] 23 MIT

Ptolemy [] H: 0 [] HP: 120 [] EN: 10/12 [] 5 DMG [] 9 Thorns [] 26 MIT [] 2 Paralyze 

Mortambo [] H: 0 []

Nepent Variant: HP: 15/15 [] 5 MIT [] 10 DMG

Edited by Kirbs

Ptolemy gave a small smile towards the dejected player, not that it would do anything anyways. Steering his attention back towards the Variant, he got ready to engage the mob. Activating one of his sword arts, he dashed off towards the enemy. One hit from me won't kill it, he thought, but I think I can lower it down enough for the others to kill it on their turn. He plunged his spear down into the Nepent's body, earning an eerie and shrill shriek from it. As he retreated back to the group, he lowered his spear with a sigh. His eyes skimmed over to the HP of the Nepent. He had only dealt about a third of its health. "That will do," he muttered, turning his attention back to Kirbs and Mortambo. "Will you two be able to finish it off?" He asked, a small and genuine smile caressing his face.

Combat:

Spoiler

ID: 112197

BD: 7, Success

<<Heft>> on Nepent Variant

5x2=10 DMG

10-5=5

15-5=10 HP

Kirbs [] H: 0 [] HP: 220 [] EN: 19/22 [] 5 DMG [] 2 EVA [] 3 ACC [] 1 Paralyze [] 23 MIT

Ptolemy [] H: 0 [] HP: 120 [] EN: 10/12 [] 5 DMG [] 9 Thorns [] 26 MIT [] 2 Paralyze 

Nepent Variant: HP: 10/15 [] 5 MIT [] 10 DMG -5 DMG

@Mortambo

Edited by Ptolemy

Oh yeah, no problem. Kirbs I’ll stun it and you go for the kill.” I darted forward, activating my Sword Art, quickly slamming my fists into the weak points indicated by the Art to get the Nepent to Stun the Nepent for the moment. This should be easy. Those other Nepents were nothing and I know Kirbs can finish this one off. Hopefully, we’ll get the drop we need and be done with this quest. As I went to hit the last spot, it rushed passed me and I just missed the last mark. I saw it lunging for Ptolemy and could not do anything about it. Oh no! I mean I know I made his gear, but this is a true test of my skill. I hope it holds up and this thing doesn’t wreck him. Kirbs can still finish it off though, and I’m sure he can take at least one hit.

Combat Results:

Spoiler
  • ID: 112225
    • BD: 2 + 2 = 4 (MISS!)
    • CD: 5 (no recovery)
    • MD: 8 (HIT!)
  • Kirbs [] H: 0/0 [] HP: 220 [] EN: 20/22 [] 5 DMG [] 2 EVA [] 3 ACC [] 1 Paralyze [] 23 MIT
  • Ptolemy [] H: 1/1 [] HP: 119/120 [] EN: 10/12 [] 5 DMG [] 9 Thorns [] 26 MIT [] 2 Paralyze 
  • Mortambo [] H: 0/0 [] HP 220 [] EN 10/22 [] 5 DMG [] MIT 17 [] 2 ACC [] 0 EVA [] 2 Bleed [] 2 Thorns [] 1 RGN [] 1 REC (-4 EN)
    • Embracer: DMG 5 - 5 MIT = 5 DMG (Variant Nepent is stunned)
  • Variant Nepent:  HP: 1/15 [] 5 MIT [] 10 DMG (-9 HP
    • Attack: 10 DMG - 26 MIT = 1 DMG (Ptolemy)
    • Activates Ptolemy's Thorns

@Kirbs

Edited by Mortambo

She gave a thumbs up to Mortambo just as he sped away. She watched as he missed... again. As the Nepent Variant strutted over to Ptolemy, she backed up a bit and shrugged her shoulders. It's not gonna be that much damage anyway, he'll be fine, she thought, bringing out her dagger once again. As she watched Ptolemy's thorns activate against the Nepent, she cracked a small smile. Taking the time to strike, she rushed forward and unleashed her weakest sword art. This should be able to finish it. Piercing through the nepent, she let out a brief sigh before jumping back. She clapped her hands together when she watched it vaporize into the air. "Alright, that should be taken care of!" She grinned, picking up the Nepent's Ovule and tossing it back to Mortambo. "That's what we're looking for," she smiled, "and what wasn't too hard of a quest, right?"

Combat:

Spoiler

ID: 112259

BD: 7, Success

<<Round Accel>> on Nepent Variant

5x2=10 DMG

10-5=5

1-5=0 HP

Kirbs [] H: 0 [] HP: 220/220 [] EN: 18/22 [] 5 DMG [] 2 EVA [] 3 ACC [] 1 Paralyze [] 23 MIT

Ptolemy [] H: 0 [] HP: 119/120 [] EN: 10/12 [] 5 DMG [] 9 Thorns [] 26 MIT [] 2 Paralyze 

Nepent Variant: HP: 0/15 [] 5 MIT [] 10 DMG 

Spoiler

ID: 112260

LD: 17+3=20, Success

Edited by Kirbs