[OP-F1] Legends? Maybe...

Neo patiently listened to the various conversations going on around her. It seemed that everyone was gathering up for the group and shewas being dragged along with them. Not that it was too much of an issue, but it meant that she would be helping out newer players again. The little one who she was guessing organized the whole ordeal was sad that they couldn't get drunk, but Neo just saw that ass a positive. It meant the game wouldn't enforce mental habits onto someone. That didn't mean they couldn't leave the little suggesstions her rapier back at the shop enjoyed giving. But that was. Behindher for the moment. She couldwerestly with those emotions another day. For now, it would alll be fun and games as she watched some lower level players duke it out on the fields of the first floor. If all else, she and the other player who looked quite strong would be able to save them if things went south for some reason.

Kirbs blinked as a bunch more people started crowding around the trio. Shrinking back, she gave a small wave to Neo and sighed. Darn it, I thought only a few people would be coming here. She sighed and pushed a few strands of hair out of her face. Well, this blows, a lot. She let out a loose smile as she watched them interact with each other. She quickly sent a message back to Ptolemy, explaining to him that she changed her mind. Closing her menu, Kirbs looked up and sighed. I suppose there is no backing out... for now. I’ll see where this goes. 

“Alright, you tiny bread crumbs. Don't forget about me, got it?” She joked, eyeing a few people she didn’t recognize a whole lot. Steering her vision to Huginn, she raised her brow a bit. Isn’t that the guy from the Christmas party and whatnot? Oh yeah, he was the one all giddy about that... fire thingie mabob. She then looked over to another person she had never seen before. By the way he talked about the implacability if getting drunk, she assumed he was a heavy drinker. What a weird world.

Chuckling to herself, she turned back to Arabelle and Bell— what a strange name for someone who chugs beer like a maniac. “Aight, are you guys done with getting ‘drunk’ yet?” 

@Bell @Arabelle

Edited by Kirbs

"I'll go," the quiet boy behind her volunteered, right when Arabelle mentioned her best friend's username. She set her empty glass down and quickly looked over her shoulder with a small smirk. Huginn looked somewhat resolved to join the party (that was as much as she could tell from his unreadable expression anyway), and a moment after, emotion - confusion and a bit of hesitation? - flickered across his face. Oooh! That was... a lot of unrealized feelings she was detecting there. Satisfied with the way things were going, Arabelle hummed to herself and swung her legs as she turned back to the bartender, ordering her last cup of orange juice before the party set out for the fields.

"You can get drunk. But, big difference is: it's all in your head. I don't know if players still consider that as being 'drunk' since it was never due to the alcohol in the first place, but~," Arabelle spun around on her stool and poked the cute, fluffy boy with a totally uncharacteristic love for beer on the forehead. She smiled. "You look a bit woozy to me. We're gonna be fighting stuff later, are you sure you don't want to order some water? You know, counter the beer's Placebo Effect with another Placebo Effect? Do things even work that way?"

The small purple-haired girl turned around, finished the rest of her drink, and hopped off her stool. "Mm. Not my secret to tell. Ask her later, and she'll tell you if she feels like it," she promised with a conspiratorial wink. Then she turned to Kirbs, who was a lot quieter here than when she was with Dustin. That didn't discount the sass though. "Hey, why are you counting me in? I was being good to myself and drinking nothing but orange juice!" Not that drinking alcohol would change anything anyway. She'd already tried a few hard drinks... a long, long time ago and they hardly had an effect on her. "Alright, everyone! Let's get going before Bell decides to order another!"

Jomei chuckled at the boy's slight embarrassment, "No worries, happens to the best of us." The ginger lifted his glass in his direction about to speak on the subject more, but was cut off by a girl with lavender colored hair, claiming that you could, in fact, become intoxicated, and that it was all in his head. Jomei's brows lowered slightly as he listened, his lips pursing as he thought on her words. I.. probably shouldn't be talking about this type of stuff with people who look.. mostly underage. he thought to himself as he took another long sip, slightly turning in his chair as if to hide himself that he was drinking his ale. The 'drunk' player popped back in again with an invitation to join their adventuring party. His brows rose only for just a second before they lowered once again, his lips curling into a small smirk. "If you'll have me, sure. I can tag along." Handing his owl another piece of meat off of the plate, Jomei followed up by scratching her on her feathered underbelly before speaking again, "Though, if its all the same, I'll probably stay out of combat if need be.. You guys won't end up getting any loot for slaying mobs if I'm actually in your party." Where the man was not lying about the fact that the reward system stopping higher leveled players from getting anything from low leveled monsters, it was not his only reason for not wishing to join a party. After the various situations he and Telrenya had been through, especially her escapade behind the metal mask, the two remained in their own party at all times to keep an eye on each other's HP bars. 
Taking another long drag of his ale, Jomei finished the glass and set it back down on the wooden bar, turning his fully body towards the group of players. "Well, I'm ready to head out whenever all of you are." 

• 2 weeks later...

As I approached the other girl she closed her menu tabs and looked at me with the kind of look I got from many players when they met me the first time. She then told me that her name was Mishiro. That was a nice name, and she looked like  a nice girl, so I should remember the name. When she then looked around I was sure I knew what she was thinking and I was just about to tell her that I was alone I I didn't had any problem with it, but before I did she told me, that she was the one to put it up there, but not the one to make the request at all. I wasn't sure what she meant by that, but it was okay to me, as long as I could tag along, so I was about to ask her where to find the person who had asked for players to join when she held out a hand to me and told me that they would come in about half an hour and that they didn't asked for any special qualifications. After that she nodded towards a bench that was nearby. Taking the hand she had offered me I played along, miming the little girl she saw in me and followed her towards the bench.  "Thank you for telling me all this and for waiting with me Miss Mishiro. Is it okay for me to ask why you are waiting here, away from wherever the person who made the request is."

@Mishiro

Runa was a nice, polite little girl, and she very much reminded Mishiro of her younger self. It was an odd thought girls of seventeen hardly ever considered, but then again, the life she was leading now was anything but normal. Much had happened since the game server's launch day, and she could only look back on most of it now as a distant memory filled with smiles and sunshine. 

She could only hope that such a day would come by again.

"It's fine, and it's a bit of a simple reason, really." She smoothed the folds of Roman's coat and leaned back on the bench, before rolling her shoulders and assuming a more proper sitting posture. Her decision to tell Runa wouldn't really change anything either way, and she thought it was better to give a response to the girl's honest question rather than shake her head and leave an awkward, uncomfortable pause in the conversation. "The plaza still reminds me of that day. I still enter it to use the teleport pad but other than that, I try to avoid it as much as possible."

Perhaps an awkward pause would have been better.

"I'm trying to get over it though. Just not today. Not when we're going to be heading out into the fields right after, anyway." She turned her head to give the girl a reassuring smile, and found her attention drawn to the rather large candy cane that was "sheathed" at the little girl's back. Was that supposed to be a weapon? It didn't make much sense for a player to be carrying something that large otherwise. "Do you know how to fight?"

[ooc: tag @Runa.]

(POST EDITED)

David was walking in the Town of Beginnings. He hadn't really ventured out of the city because of the danger of dying, and he just did odd quests here and there to survive. He was currently heading to a tavern that was frequented often by many of the players on Level 1. Upon opening the door, he saw a few players already inside and found a seat at the bar, by himself away from the others. He had gotten sick of just lying around and hoped he could find a party soon. He wasn't dumb enough to travel out of the town by himself. Who knew how many monsters you'd encounter at once, and how strong they were?

He tried listening in to others' conversations without prying or being nosy. He couldn't really make any of it out, so he just ordered a drink to pass the time. Maybe someone else would come in that he could talk to. He sighed and sipped his ale, letting his mind wander.

Edited by Davidranger

It seemed Miss Mishiro spaced out for a short moment, maybe thinking about the past, before she answered my question. The girl told me that it was a simple reason, but before she told me, she did something with the coat and changed how she was sitting. Maybe she was stalling for time, not sure if she really should tell me, or how, but once she was sitting more straight than before, she continued, telling me that the plaza still reminded her of the day all of this had started. I think it does remind all of us, but I don't mind anymore. I lived in fear for the last years, but not because of this place, but the outsides of the town I was thinking, but I wouldn't tell her. She didn't have to know off my past, so I just listened and nodded. When she told me, that she was trying to get over it, but not when she was going out to the fields later, I nodded and said "I can understand that Miss Mishiro. The bloody red guy was spooky, but it's been so long I don't care any more." I tried to be as convincing as possible, as I kind of felt bad for her.

After she stopped talking she smiled at me, and her gaze wandered to the weapon on my back. When she then asked if I know how to fight, I shook my head and jumped from the bench, so I now was standing in front of her. With my best confident little girl face on I said "No, I don't know how to fight, but I sure will learn. I am the defender of Sweets and my Candy Weapon will bring death to all that challenge me. Do you know how to fight Miss Mishiro?"

@Mishiro

• 4 months later...

"Perhaps it has been," she affirmed with a small nod. Mishiro leaned forward on the bench, and there was a rough metallic sound as she entwined her fingers together. "But what can I say... whether good or bad, it's not easy to forget a moment that changes the course of your life."

And neither was it easy to discard Mishiro's wrongful assumption that Runa was at least five years younger than her. She asked questions with the same polite inquisitiveness children often possessed and her actions and manner of dress weren't of any help. The girl had hopped off her bench and made a bold declaration. Defender of Sweets? So she was defending her candy stash? Mishiro had to withhold her giggle. It was a statement that would have been rather typical of a child playing pretend with their friends, with one important difference: she wasn't actually playing pretend.

She worried the other didn't have a very clear grasp of the possible consequences and she wasn't sure where the girl came from either.

"I have experience." At the quiet chime of her notification bell - she had lowered hers to a volume that wasn't as disruptive as Arabelle's full setting - she opened her PMs with a quick swipe of an armored hand and skimmed through the latest message. Arabelle was coming... alone, for some reason, but she still insisted on continuing on their excursion together. Mishiro sent back an affirmative and rose from her bench, passing the smaller girl as she approached the poster she had put up on the wall. "There was a change of plans. Whoever put up that request was... unable to continue. A friend and I are still heading out, so you can come along with us instead. That aside, you said you wanted to learn how to fight?"

Mishiro pulled out the poster, folded it into a triangle, and tore off the excess. The smaller half disintegrated before it could reach the ground. 

"I'd be willing to give you a few tips." 

[ooc: Requesting to close for inactivity. If Runa wants to continue with what we started here, PM me and we'll start a separate thread.]

❄ SUMMARY ❄

Mishiro, @Kirbs, @Neopolitan, @Runa@Jomei

• 1 SP
  • 80 Col

@Bell, @Arabelle

• 1 SP
Edited by Mishiro