[PP/Floor1] "Earning my keep, without burning the house down"

Spoiler

<<Earning a Living: Cook>>
Recommended Level: Any | Party Limit: 4
Repeatable Only to Change Professions

Maggie Spatulin (Master Cook NPC)
"What do you want- Oh you want to learn how to be a cook! Yay! I love teaching adventures, follow me! Hurry, come on, we don't have all day." The woman basically drags the player to the back room of the restaurant they are in, pushing open doors, and entering into a large, clean white kitchen. On every stove there seems to be something cooking, and each smell is better than the last. The woman is already picking at a piece of a crepe, trying it, and smiling at the taste of it. "Now I hope you know I'm very serious about this, so I must show you how exactly to cook it. Follow my EVERY step and you'll be one of the best cooks there are, but not better than me." She said with a look and went to go cook, but realized that there are no more ingredients. "Sorry about this, this never happens, but the cooks have officially ran dry of materials. Go get me five more ingredients, then I will know you want to be a cook just like your dear Maggie here."

Rewards:

• 1 Additional SP (First Completion Only)
  • <<Cook>> Profession
  • Successfully Crafted Item
  • Standard <<Cook>> Shop (Able to have a Cook thread in the Merchants & Shops section)
  • (5) Tier 1 crafting materials

Objectives:

• Gather (5) materials and bring them to Maggie's Kitchen.
    • Go into the wild and gain materials through any standard means (gathering, fishing, combat). Non-combat gathering is recommended for this task.
  • Craft an item in Maggie's Kitchen.
    • Make a standard Crafting Roll (Dice Roller Tutorial). Specify the item type in the Roll Purpose (must be a Tier 1 item). Use the Crafting Die Chart for a Rank 1 Cook:
      • [1] = Critical Fail (Lose materials)
      • [2-5] = Fail (Lose materials)
      • [6-9] = Salvage (Keep materials on LD 11+)
      • [10] = Uncommon item (1 slot)
      • [11] = Rare item (2 slots)
      • [12] = Perfect item (3 slots)
    • Submit the successfully crafted item for Evaluation.
    • NOTE: You keep the item you craft as a reward for completing the quest, as well as any leftover materials. For example, your first crafting attempt has an 11 CD result. You submit a rare item for Evaluation and keep that item and the remaining four crafting materials. This is in addition to the 5 crafting materials listed in the quest rewards.

Requirements:

• At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • Players must RP searching for materials and crafting their item.
  • If a party of players undertakes this quest together (as in, each player wishes to become a cook), each must succeed on their own objectives (e.g. each must gather 5 materials and successfully craft 1 item).
  • Accompanying players who are not undertaking the quest do not have to gather their own materials and are ineligible for quest rewards.

For one of the first times since Alisea Dariem had been staying in Stryders house, she was awake and up before him. Today was the day! Stryder had promised to take her to the first floor and take her to the quest line that would unlock the the ability to cook! She couldn't deny her excitement, she'd woken up 4 times last night, partly because Silver had been snuggling up to her, and partly because of her own excitement. 

She'd, once again, slept in Stryders bed, but had been awake for an hour. Being fully dressed and armed with her eyepatch and earmuffs, she took a deep breath as she stared at the door. Would Stryder be awake? She didn't want to take him up, but...she couldn't stop herself! She made it to the door with a hop, skip and a jump before grabbing the handle and opening the door with a gusto, and takes a step into the main room "Good morning! Are you ready for today?" She asked, the smile on her face was impossible to deny. Today was one of the greatest days ever so far, and it hadn't even started!

@Stryder

Sky couldn't help but groan as he felt the words penentrate his ears. He was exhausted... Having been out on two dungeons recently, running a guild, going on all sorts of adventures. At this point, he was just.... done. His whole body hurt and his mentality wasn't going well. He had been doing everything... Everything to help himself feel better. He wanted.... wanted to honor Katherine, but... he hadn't yet. He just didn't know where to go... Didn't know what to do. 

His eyes opened slowly, blinking out the layer of liquid which was covering his eyes, and when it was gone, he saw her. 

"K..a.therine?" He said to her, blinking continuing for a moment as his eye sight went straight, noticing a girl standing there with an eyepatch, and ear muffs. It was Jinx... Alisea.

"Oh.... Alisea, mor..morning. How did you sleep?" He said to her as he sat up on the couch, the blanket flalling off his shirtless form, though luckily he did have pants on. He moved his neck from side to side, and rolled his shoulders as he tried to make his body click in the right wya.

• 3 weeks later...

Her good mood, despite all its energy that seemed to seek through her limbs, was shot down by a single word uttered by her guild leader. The word being Katherine. Alisea didn't know the entire story, but she knew Katherine, also known as Eatos, had died. Stryder felt responsible for it, and was seeking ways to be redeemed. Her absent-mind would have grabbed onto it more, questioning if he only saw her as a redemption for failing to save his other friend, but right as the thought crossed over, the excitement for today rushed through her bones and she found herself etching to get going! 

"I slept rather well Stryder. I woke up a few times...b-but that's just...because, well...i'm really excited for today! I mean..y-you remember what today was yes...?" The girls excitement hesitated, hoping Stryder remembered his promise to her. While part of her didn't want to believe he'd ever forget the promise he made to her, she had said that to herself several times in the past with her parents having made promises to her, only to never follow up on them. 

She was full of energy, though when she heard him say Katherine, she seemed to die down for a moment, though only for a brief moment, then she was back. She was overflowing with excitement! She was so happy. He listened to what she had to say, she woke up a few times, and she was really excited for... today? How come? The last week or two he had been waking her up each day to make sure she was alright, and becasue she slept in. He kept rubbing his eyes, his hazy mind trying to remember. He rememebred... promising to help her with something... 

"What di-" He started to talk, then noticed the blade on the wall, remembering what it was!

"OH! I promised to help you get a profession today didn't i" He said as his body finally woke up, bending his back as he pushed up, sitting up onto the couch. Looking down, he noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt, so... a little weird. "Right?"

Jinx watched her guild leader carefully..or as carefully as someone who has an eye-patch and suffers from sensory overload could. His face seemed...well, weak. Was he not a morning person? She was certain he always woke her up, so she had assumed...was she wrong? Seh bit her lower lip as she tried to remember what kind of morning person Stryder was, but she was drawing nothing but blanks which left her annoyed once again. 

However, as the boy sat up, two thin...no, three things clicked in the girls mind. The first being that he did remember! So many people forgot, and he remembered! He did care about her enough to remember events that were important to her! She couldn't not let that wave of excitement rush over her. 

The second was that her Guild leader was...well, shirtless. She wasn't sure why that mattered, but something in the back of her head said it was. Was it...normal to be shirtless in front of people? And the third caught the girl off-guard, that being there was a pulse in her heart when she looked at her guild leader properly...Was that supposed to be common, a-and what was it?

"You remembered! Y-you haave no idea how happy that makes me...Usually people forget about...well, me" Her words came out like a tidal wave...and in Chinese "Ever since you let me tay here, i've felt so much more...comfortable...While i still have my overloads....people forget about me..."

The girl let out a short breath, and when Stryder stands up, she'd hug him tightly and speak, this time in Japanese "Thank you...for not forgetting about me"

• 1 month later...

She was really happy it seemed with him remembering about it, though he didn't understand why.... Well, people would forget about her. She seemed to have noticed he was shirtless, and she also... bit her lip? Something about her... She was so... Cute... 

Her reaction to him being shirtless tho, he couldn't really tell if there was anything about that, she did seem to have a rush of excitement, but that was more directed at him actually remembering what he had promised. He knew he wouldn't regret this promise, he hated this quest, but doing it with her... He wouldn't mind it. She really was the only thing holding him together recently... Though once again, he seemed to have forgotten to actually to turn on the translator. She was speaking in chinese again. He kept saying to himself to turn it on, however he kept forgetting to actually do it. Then, out of no where, once he ha actually stood up, she suddenly.... hugged him? His heart skipped a beat, something came over him, a feeling he hadn't had in a long time... 

"How could i forget about you? Look at cha!" He says with a cheery tone, wrapping his arms around her and picking her up, giving her a light squeeze, not so much that it would hurt her or cause any sort of overload. "You mean a lot to me, i'l always be here for ya" He says with a smile, warmly and with confidence.

It was a comforting feeling, and one Alisea hadn't felt in so many years. At least, not properly. She'd always felt a disconnect with her parents, always felt like such a burden to them and their lives. Because of this, she hadn't developed emotionally. It was only when she was rescued by a street gang on a windy night had she understood gratitude, love and most importantly, belonging. Despite being trapped in a video game, despite being a self-labelled burden, despite everything that had led her to this point in her life, she had always craved approval of someone else, and Stryder...He....he...

The girls mind stopped itself before she finished her sentence, she knew where it would end and...she couldn't...IT wouldnt' be right! 

Slowly she exited the huge, and despite her internal conflict, the smile on her face beamed brightly at Stryder. She was jittery, her legs were shifting rapidly, a clear sign of impatience "So..c-can we go? The sooner we do, the sooner i can learn how to cook...p-please?" She asked, this time in a hyrbid of Japanese and Chinese, shifting between the languages every couple of words. 

• 3 weeks later...

She was in deep thought, something he really didn't expect to see from her much. She was always, well, dull, absent minded... But it gave her a form of, charm? That would be right. He didn't really know what to say though, he decided to just let her little mind freak go ahead. He was worried though... About himself. He had failed to protect Eatos, Katherine, he had failed to keep Pinball from turning bad... He had nothing but failures.

He used to love being in this game, Kath had said it herself in her death note, this place... It had become a second home to him. He had managed to keep EVERYONE safe.... Until her. He had kept Kyoto alive, even as much as he hates that ass, he kept Arabelle alive when they met... He spent all the time in this game saving people... He needed to return to a spot he could continue doing that. 

He snapped out when he heard the mixed speech of Jap and Chinese. More or less, he could decipher what she wanted to say to him. 

"Sure thing you jitterly little gal,  lets get goin to the warp gate to head to the first floor" He says with a smile on his face. Even he couldn't tell if it was fake or real... Though, his heart was pumping a little brighter then normal, maybe because of her...

The girl smiled brightly up at Stryder, it was time! She hopped back and forth a little, the excitement washing through her as she looked at the door. She couldn't WAIT to get going! Ensuring all her clothes weren't too much of a mess, the girl jogged to the door and, despite nearly tripping over nothing, exited the house with a gusto! 

"Come on! Let's get going!" The girl jogged up to the path, before hesitating...She couldn't, remember the route to get to where she wanted to go. Was it, towards the lake, or away from it? She couldn't remember...It was one or the other, right? The lake was a ...marker, meaning? She let out a sigh, and turned around. Despite all her enthusaiam, she just couldn't do directions. They always baffled her, never making sense inside of her head. She waited for Styrder to catch up, smiling.

"I forgot the way...ohhh, also, what's your name..?" She felt the desire to know, so she needed to ask. 

• 3 weeks later...

They were going up the path it was all going well! It seemed to be at least. She was so excited, she seemed to be bounding! She obviously didn't know where she was going, she kept waiting for him to catch up to her. Then... wait, did she just say she forgot the way, AND HIS NAME! Wow. He couldn't help but feel just a little bit hurt by that, forgetting his name... She had been staying with him for like, what, a few weeks by now. She should be able to remember his name... Well, she... she was kinda naieve and cute...

"Awww come on, you don't remember my name? Its Stryder" He replies to her, giving a warm smile as they continued to head over the hill, making there path gradually, but surely, towards the town centre and warp gate. It wouldn't be long till she started doing what she wanted, learning to cook in this hell of a game.