[F01-SP] <<Earning a Living: Tailor>> From Mail to Leather

I walked into Rufus’ Tailoring shop in the Town of Beginnings with a smile. I had gotten a lot of questions about light armor and making other things for people lately so I thought I would look into tailoring as a profession to augment my smithing. As I went up to accept the quest, it warned me that I could only have one profession. This I will have to consider. It seems like there are quite a few more blacksmiths around and only a couple of tailors. I tapped my chin while thinking about it some more. All that beautiful lava and heat will go to waste, but I might just get more business than I have been getting. Yeah, okay I’ll giving tailoring a try. I accepted the quest and Rufus told me the first part was going out and gathering some materials. Laughing a little bit I headed towards the gates of the Town of Beginnings. This part I was used to.

Quest Objectives:

Spoiler
  • Gather (5) materials and bring them to Rufus' Sewing Station.
    • Go into the wild and gain materials through any standard means (gathering, fishing, combat). Non-combat gathering is recommended for this task.
  • Craft an item in Rufus' Sewing Station.
    • Make a standard Crafting Roll (Dice Roller Tutorial). Specify the item type in the Roll Purpose (must be a Tier 1 item). Use the Crafting Die Chart for a Rank 1 Tailor:
      • [1] = Critical Fail (Lose materials)
      • [2-5] = Fail (Lose materials)
      • [6-9] = Salvage (Keep materials on LD 11+)
      • [10] = Uncommon item (1 slot)
      • [11] = Rare item (2 slots)
      • [12] = Perfect item (3 slots)
    • Submit the successfully crafted item for Evaluation.
    • NOTE: You keep the item you craft as a reward for completing the quest, as well as any leftover materials. For example, your first crafting attempt has an 11 CD result. You submit a rare item for Evaluation and keep that item and the remaining four crafting materials. This is in addition to the 5 crafting materials listed in the quest rewards.

Quest Requirements:

Spoiler
  • At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • Players must RP searching for materials and crafting their item.
  • If a party of players undertakes this quest together (as in, each player wishes to become a blacksmith), each must succeed on their own objectives (e.g. each must gather 5 materials and successfully craft 1 item).
  • Accompanying players who are not undertaking the quest do not have to gather their own materials and are ineligible for quest rewards.

Quest Rewards:

Spoiler
  • <<Tailor>> Profession
  • Successfully Crafted Item
  • Standard <<Tailor>> Shop (Able to have a Tailor thread in the Merchants & Shops section)
  • (5) Tier 1 crafting materials

Wearing:

Spoiler
  1. Lucky Shirt (LD +2)
  2. Honor Among Thieves (+1 EVA, +1 LD, +1 Recovery)

Edited by Mortambo

As I reached the edge of the Town I began immediately to look around for materials to gather up. I saw some boars and wolves in the distance. No monsters here on Floor One would give me pause, but I wasn’t sure where to find things for tailoring. I started towards the forest whistling a tune merrily to myself but at least at first glance I didn’t find anything. Letting Sunetra down I warned them “Don’t burn down the forest, now.” They meowed up at me and trotted alongside me happily. I just wandered along into the forest and kept whistling along enjoying the smaller animals scampering through the underbrush and the birds singing in the trees. This isn’t such a bad day to be out gathering is it? Hopefully it won’t take long and I can go back and make something for Rufus and get back to my business.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 112078
    • Craft: 2 (no bonus material)
    • Loot: 4 +3 = 7 (no material)
  • Total Materials: 0

Edited by Mortambo

As I continued walking it occurred to me that I'd have to modify my business quite a bit to make it work. My house is on floor nine which is filled with soot and ash. Not exactly a great place for clothes. But if I could design all of my clothes to be multi-functional, i.e. keep you cool in the heat and warm in the cold, and then had a place that was kept cool, relatively, somehow so my shoppers could shop in peace. OH! And the lava would probably help dry out materials to make the cloth and armor. Which I guess if you get technical you don't have to refine the process so much but it feels more natural that way.  As I was walking down the trail I kept an eye out for materials to gather and for the moment saw nothing. Not having much luck with getting materials so far today though, am I?

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 112079
    • Craft: 4 (no bonus material)
    • Loot: 11 + 3 = 14 (no material)
  • Total Materials: 0

Edited by Mortambo

Walking a little further on, Sunetra and I finally found some materials for tailoring in the form of some wild cotton plants. Finally, maybe if I get lucky a few more times I can get on with this quest already! I am ready to get back to working in my shop. It is the most restful time of my day and it feels odd to not have it in my daily routine lately. Continuing on deeper into the forest, I kept my eye out for more cotton or flax plants to collect materials from. This is certainly different than collecting ore, and a bit lighter if I may say so. Not as much fun though as Sunetra melting through rocks to find it though. Chuckling to myself, I started humming as I went down the trail, trying to keep myself entertained as I searched for the required materials I needed for this new profession.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 112080
    • Craft: 1 (no bonus material)
    • Loot: 14 + 3 = 17 (1 material)
  • Total T1 Materials: 1

Edited by Mortambo

Walking along, humming to myself with Sunetra by my side I kept an eye out for more good tailoring materials. At least along this part of the path, all I saw was a bunch of trees without anything else very promising. I wonder if this quest makes it harder to find materials. Usually I’d just walk out and stumble over 5 materials that I needed almost immediately but today I’ve been struggling to even find the materials I need. Ah well, I guess it doesn’t matter. I’ve got to do it either way if I want to switch professions, so I’m stuck out here until I find the required materials anyway. Harder, easier, makes no difference if it has to be done. “See anything promising, little one?” I asked Sunetra. They just meowed at me and we kept walking going deeper into the forest proper searching for more cotton or jute plants.

Gathering Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 112081
    • Craft: 3 (no bonus material)
    • Loot: 2 + 3 = 5 (no material)
  • Total T1 Materials: 1

Edited by Mortambo