[PP-F4] A fine adventure <<The Essence of Steel>>

Dustin sits tired in a bar, the days started to merge together when he hears someone say something about a mighty beast, and his eyes open up as he takes a sip from his mug. “Another please.” He says standing up and walking over to the group of players in the somewhat dead tavern. He smiles, hearing the location of the monster and how to fight it as he climbs up on the table and takes a big drink from his tankard. “It’s decided. I’m killing that beast.” He slips his cup down and sets it on the table. His voice changed by the smirk he’s fighting, “But I won’t be able to do it by myself. Anyone wanna come along on my adventure? It’ll be fun, and I’ll buy drinks after.” He shouts, trying to get the attention of all the dead eyes in the room. Well this isn’t working. No one here looks to be the fun type. 

His smile quickly fades as he steps down and walks back to the bar and sits down, staring off into space. His cup in his hand as the world around him seems to dull and the life he had heard was so short began to slow down as he drinks his boredom away, hoping someone would take him up on his offer.

@Katagawa @tricolor_mina

HOkori had been walking around some of the other floors. There were a few other people she had met, but none that were very interesting. Finding herself almost randomly on the fourth floor, she decided to head out to get a bit of a drink. While in Germany, she had developed quite the liking to beer, though the game never gave the same taste. All it knew how to mimic well was sake. Everything else just left a bitter and sour taste burning down your throat. As she was about to walk into the bar, she got her sword caught in the wooden beams. The darn thing was so long it wasn't comfortable to have it sheathed vertically, but it wasn't that useful to have sideways either. After unequipping the sword, she found her way into the tavern and got herself a drink. It was thankfully only a few col for a quick drink. There was some player ranting on about wanting to take on a quest on this floor. It probably would be a bit above her level, though the player seemed powerful enough even if they were a bit eccentric. "I'll join you. but I'm taking whatever this thing has to drop. If it isn't a challenge for you, I doubt that its rewards are worth your while." It was an honest statement, but she didn't want to have to play the odds with this person.

@Dustin (If we want to pad up posts before combat go ahead and post)
@tricolor_mina

Mina was seated quietly in a lonely corner of the bar, a comically large mug of beer clasped within one of her gloved hands. the bar was quiet for the most part, aside from a familiar-looking player drinking his alcohol and shouting about taking down a monster. She shook her head, watching him with a bored expression. "Could this guy get any louder..? Sheesh..." she stood up, and continued drinking as she walked forward, earning several stares from the other patrons. apparently none of them had ever really seen a pretty lady drink like that, or at least that was the impression that she had garnered from their reactions. She downed the rest of the beer, before the glass shattered into multiple polygons. Mina pulled her cloak tighter around herself before joining the brown haired kid, and a white haired girl that had already agreed to party with him for the item drop. Mina thought back to the monster information that she had been reading about quest flag field bosses. they weren't easy encounters, so it was usually recommended to take at least a miniature raid party to fight them. of course, loot-standard mobs tended to be a bit more powerful than most of these bosses past a certain point. there were at least 4 bosses that she was aware of lying in wait for a challenger, and one of them only appeared if you've been steadily completing the <<Dragon Anthology>> quests. That only left <<Avalanche>>, <<Avalanche the Absolute Zero>>, and the <<Frost Beast>>. the only monsters that was on this floor that happened to be worthwhile was the Frost Beast and the DA quest boss... and since he was recruiting rando's for this, she immediately guessed that it was likely the frost beast. Her first thought was about who the hell was gonna tank the thing while the others attacked, with her second being who could deal the most damage. She took note of how strong the brown haired guy seemed to be, and assumed that he would either tank it or deal damage. "Naa.. you're going after <<Frost Beast>>, right?" she asked, tilting her head in question. "You mind if I go as well? I'm not sure you'd be able to tank more than just two hits to be honest... also, weren't you from the Miraak Raid fight? the T1 one?" her voice was even as she spoke.

@Dustin@Katagawa

Dustin has gained the interest of an adventurer, her words put a smile on his face. “I just wanted to kill it for the story, so sure you can have the item.” He says, smiling and reaching back grabbing a small glass, in it a brown liquid. His excitement starts to fade, having been in the situation for a time, waiting for another person. “If no one else shows up, we’ll head out in about 5 minutes.” His eyes go back to his glass of scotch, as he pulls it up and takes a sip. This scotch is decent, though I don’t have much to compare it to. As Dustin sets down his drink another girl shows up and asks about the monster. Great, trapped on a deadly mission with two pretty ladies. My lucky day. Despite his sarcastic thoughts, Dustin’s excitement about fighting something that could kill someone was on the verge of making him want to dance. Then the second lady asks a question that Dustin didn’t want to answer.

also, weren't you from the Miraak Raid fight? the T1 one?

The fight still scared Dustin. Why didn’t I just leave? All I did was take up space. “I was, but I didn’t do much of anything, so I might as well have not been there.” His smile from before had officially disappeared. “After a while I was basically a mosquito to him.” A faster breath, almost like a single segment of a laugh escapes his lips. “But we still fought on, what am I saying, you were there.” He looks at her with a tilted head examining her to see if he recognized her, but the only two he remembered were the ones who died. That’s when the familiarity of the face finally sinks in. “You’re the girl.” his quiet words reveal his realization. She’s one of the ones who died. Yet she still wants to risk this? Sure, it won’t be as bad as Miraak, but it’s still dangerous. After the boss fight Dustin disappeared, so he never saw anyone’s reactions to the people who had come back, nor did he see who they celebrated the victory with.

”Anyways, we head out in a few minutes, just let me finish my drink.” He pulls it up and finishes it like a shot.

@Katagawa @tricolor_mina

Satisfied with the answer that she had for now, Hokori quickly went over to get herself another quick drink from the bar. It still wasn't that much in terms of strength, but the placebo effect was strong enough to let her loosen up that little bit. Turning towards the other girl that had voiced interest, she spoke with a smooth but firm voice. "Sad I missed the fight, was it any good? Hear a couple players practically died there." She didn't know what had happened at the fight, but was curious to find out. Even if she had shown up, it probably would've been too much for her all things considered. Maybe now with her new gear she could be of some use, but that was still left to be seen. It may have still been able to take her out in a single hit. Sipping away at the small drink she had gotten herself, she waited for her response and for the party to depart for the quest itself.

Should be fun, so long as none of us get killed going for it.

@tricolor_mina

Mina watched the brown haired teen with confusion clear on her face. She never heard of a story involving this particular boss aside from the standard 'this mob drops a rare and special item, but it's also really goddamn deadly!' spiel. "Killing it for the... story..? y... you are joking right" she asked, somewhat unsure of this... until she let out a sigh. He probably got story mixed up with experience anyways. mina walked over to the bar again, and got herself more alcohol, though this time she went for whiskey rather than something extremely heavy. She downed it in one go, and passed the col over to the NPC tending the bar. "I love the bars in this game, the drinks are great!" she said, her eyes filled with bliss. She paused when he stared at her in confusion, before his eyes widened slightly in abject realization when he recognized who she was. "Yeah, I was one of the people that nearly died... The one that got slashed in two by Miraak..." Mina closed her eyes and let out a sigh when she realized he was guilty about being useless during the fight, even calling himself a waste of space on the team, when mina shook her head. "I don't think you were a waste of space during that, it was a high possibility that Miraak could have thrown out a massive attack and killed everyone with a few of his Massive AoE attacks. even the little bit of damage we tier one players were doing whittled down his health until one of the tier two players killed him. You were far from useless in that fight." she said kindly, a faint smile on her face as she looked at him. "If what you said was true, then what would that make myself and Su? equally useless..?" she fell silent when she heard the other girl bring up the fact that she had heard of a few deaths during the fight, and wanted to know how it went. "... None of us died, but there was quite a few of us, myself included, that nearly lost their lives. Even the T3 players lost their best tanks during the remainder of the fight."

@Dustin@Katagawa

Dustin listened as the girl asked about the fight then the other girl answered. His mind was back in his shoes when he was shaking in them in front of the demon. He vividly remembers seeing her torn in half and watching her HP hit zero. I knew she came back, but I didn’t know she didn’t die. I thought she was dead for good. He looks down when she asks if that means her and who he assumed was the other girl who died were just as useless. The difference is morale, when you and the other girl died the remaining players fought harder. Meanwhile I stopped and took care of myself. I was useless, I couldn’t even do 10 damage to the damned demon. Dustin stands up and tilts his head to the door. “I say we head out now, glory awaits us on the other side of that gate.” He says, a bright smile on his face as he walks towards the door.

“The name’s Dustin, and to answer your question back there, no, I’m not joking. I’m doing it for the story to tell my brother, and my cousin.” He laughs, “Why slay a beast when there’s no one to share the story with? The items aren’t important.” He spins and walks backwards eating a cookie and laughing as he goes. “What is important is to remember that we are people, not players. This is a game, and we’re supposed to have fun. Everyone’s always so stiff about how we could die and never come back, but they always let Kayaba win. They forget themselves and play the game, not live their lives. Sure it’s not ideal, but why rot away in a world where the adventure is just worth the risk.” His gloves hands shoot out to his sides as he takes in the cold weather of the floor.

@Katagawa @tricolor_mina

HOkori listened to Mina as she spoke about her experience with the boss. It was saddening to hear that players were doing so poorly,. though at least the game had a moment of mercy and kept them alive. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. And for the record, you're never useless. Even if you feel like you're doing nothing, you could've still been needed for a last stand. Had you not been there and everyone else died, the fight would be over. Even if it is a few more numbers, that can make the difference between winning and losing."

She had never liked giving out motivational speeches, always thinking they sounded hollow. But this time she made an exception, and wanted to make sure no one was down about themselves going into what would likely be a hard won fight. And though she disagreed with the dust-haired boy's ideals, she couldn't argue that there was no point in waiting for life to pass you by. Best to go through with things now. 'Let's head out then. We shouldn't keep your story waiting to write its next chapter." And she walked out the door of the tavern.

@tricolor_mina

• 1 month later...

Mina gave the younger teens a salute as they began walking, and quickly followed suit behind them. "Naa.... I thought you meant for the quest story, not the story of taking down a gigantic monster! I wish you'd said it earlier! This should make for one hell of a story, ne?" Mina's nervous quirk began showing in her speech when the other girl brought up the fact that she was sorry about what happened.. though she did mention that nobody there was useless, which, while it was welcome, it was little more than flattery. "Naa... Don't flatter us... had that been a real, true fight, two of the best tanks in the game and a pair of lower level players would've been killed." she brushed her hand against the pommel of soul fragment briefly, her beloved, trusted ally, before  switching it out with her new weapon, guilty thorn. "Regardless of the outcome, I still wanted to fight back. We'll all fight back... is that not what we're meant to do? I want to get the hell out of here!" Mina had a stern look on her face. "Be prepared, and keep an eye on your health. If either of you get low, I'll try to keep the aggro til you heal, ok?" she commanded, a stern look in her eyes. "Hopefully we won't need healing, but it's better to be cautious and alive, than reckless and dead."

@Katagawa @Dustin

Dustin’s eyes scan the area, a few bones and a skull litter the arena like pepper on mashed potatoes. His eyes fixate on a bone that seems to be out of place, something about it called to Dustin, and he remembered how to summon the monster. They said something about striking the skull with a bone. His hands grab the bone as he heaves it above his head. He expertly locks one leg, his hips launching back as he folds bringing his arms down with the force of a truck. His feet even come up off the ground a little. “Hopefully it won’t last long enough to need a tank.” Footsteps echo from a nearby cave, as a monster emerges and looks down on the party. Dustin’s hands start glowing as he smirks and looks at the other two, running in and swinging at the monster which twists out of the way. Shoot, I thought that was gonna hit, I guess I need to think about this for a second. His smile fades as he takes the view in, replaced by a look of pure awe. He was infatuated. The beast was a true monster, and it showed. “Oh I am so killing this thing.” A huge smile forms on his face like he is having fun, life radiating from the expression on his face. He looked like a child on the playground, not a teenager in iminent danger.

Spoiler

ID: 112856

BD: 3 + 1 = 4

Miss

-2 EN

Dustin: 400/400 HP | 38/40 EN | 10 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 EVA | 1 ACC

Tricolor_Mina: ?

@Katagawa: ?

Snow Beast: 250/250 HP | 160 DMG

Edited by Dustin

As the group was approaching the place where the beast lay, they were coming up with some last minute strategies. "I can kite around him for a little while. I won't be able to take more than a couple of hits, but I should be able to avoid it for long enough that it won't matter if I take a hit." She watched as Dustin quickly struck a nearby skull with a bone. She knew what was coming next. The beast roared as it entered the area. Dustin sadly didn't connect his hit, but she was anticipating that possibility. Launching herself forward, she quickly made sure that the beast was down for a bit. With four strikes going around it in the shape of a diamond, it was locked into place with the paralysis of her weapon. She stood in front of it, purposefully gaining its attention and hate to make sure she was the one it went after. "Let's finish this quickly, shall we?"

Spoiler

ROll ID: #112894
BD: 10 - major crit (7 + 2 = 9 * 4 = 36 damage; paralyze)
CD: 8 - no vampiric

[H: 0] Dustin: 400/400 HP | 38/40 EN | 10 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 EVA | 1 ACC
[H: 0] @tricolor_mina: ?
[H: 2] Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 21/28 EN | 7 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PLZ | 2 BH | 5 VMP(D)

Snow Beast: 214/250 HP | 160 DMG

(OOC: I'll roll for the mob since I'm last in the rotation)

Mina focused on the creature, her eyes filled with worry. It was currently towering over them all, It's growls echoing off of the walls. It was unnerving, but it wasn't too difficult to keep her cool. Her weapon glowed with a pinkish light, denoting the failure of the attack. Despite this, mina still charged forward, aiming the inevitable failure to the side, and dodging underneath the creature as it bull-rushed the group. Mina flinched as a rush of wind rushed past her, and slammed into one of the far walls, causing an echo to run through the area, ominously affecting the mood. she shivered a bit, before falling back to the others, a worried look on her face. "Naa... I think it's aggro'd on you, kid..." she said softly, glancing at Kat as she spoke, a small bead of sweat traveling down her face as she watched the beast roar. She took in a deep, shuddering breath, before crouching and holding out her blade. "But it must be pretty mad, It went right past all of us!"

Spoiler

ID# 112918 results:

Battle: 3 (Failure, -2 energy.)

Craft: 3

Loot: 19

MOB: 6

Spoiler

ID# 112923 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 7

Loot: 10

[H: 0] @Dustin: 400/400 HP | 38/40 EN | 10 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 EVA | 1 ACC
[H: 0] Tricolor_mina: 280/280 HP| 26/28 EN | 3 DMG | 23 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 Keen | BLD 12 | BH 2|
[H: 2] Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 21/28 EN | 7 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PLZ | 2 BH | 5 VMP(D)

Snow Beast: 214/250 HP | 160 DMG

Edited by tricolor_mina

Dustin noticed the beast’s size first, and he knew it wouldn’t be an easy fight from the get go, but he didn’t plan to miss twice before the monster could even hit them. His hand had barely missed the monster’s knees, and Dustin’s eyes shot open as widely as they could. I missed again. But... before he could continue to think he was running around the monster to the other side. “So...” he pulls at the side of the hood on his blue sweatshirt. “I kind of missed again.” He looks up at the monster’s HP bar and sees how little damage they had done. I need to get stronger so I can do it. How can I avenge my brother if I can’t beat the guy who killed him? He rotates his hips, moving in such a way that he would be hard to hit even if he were walking into you, and stopping next to the girls with a dramatic spin and childish smirk. “I’m sure as hell not getting into Valhalla if I die without hitting the monster.” His whisper made to keep the others from hearing, but he was never good at that. A hand comes up and grips a necklace tightly, releasing it after a few seconds, revealing a hammer shape. “To Valhalla.” His smirk morphs into a smile.

Spoiler

ID: 112979

BD: 3 + 1 = 4 (miss)

-2 EN

Dustin: 400/400 HP | 37/40 EN | 10 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 BH

Tricolor_Mina: 280/280 HP | 26/28 EN | 3 DMG | 23 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | BLD 12 | BH 2

@Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 21/28 EN | 7 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PLZ | 2 BH | 5 VMP(D)

Snow Beast: 214/250 HP | 160 DMG

Edited by Dustin

HOkori watched as the other two continued to fail to connect their strikes. It meant that this fight was going to go much sloweer than she had anticipateed. On top of that, it seemed that Dustin was wanting to die moreso than actually fight this creature. At the very least it was driving him. Recklessly and she would be writing him off sooner than later, but driving him nonetheless. Jumping onto the side of the cave with the grace of a lioness, she quickly leapt down at the beast and drew two pairs of slashes across it, locking it into palce once more. It would have little cchance to move around this time as the stunned condidtion appeared by its health bar. She landed back in front of it to make sure it stayed focused on her. But she was ready to split to the side the moment that it was going to be free.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #113009
BD: 7 - hit (7 * 4 = 28 damage; stunned)
CD: 12 - vampiric procs (gain 5 HP)

[H: 0] Dustin: 400/400 HP | 37/40 EN | 10 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 BH
[H: 0] @tricolor_mina: 280/280 HP | 26/28 EN | 3 DMG | 23 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | BLD 12 | BH 2
[H: 3] Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 15/28 EN | 7 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PLZ | 2 BH | 5 VMP(D)

Snow Beast: 186/250 HP | 160 DMG [Stunned: 0/1]

Mina felt her weapon shake for a few moments as she made the motion of activating her sword art, before it began glowing with a lethal red light, intermingled with a pale gold and green light. She charged forward, roaring at the quest boss monster as the light of her blade reached a crescendo, and kicked off into the Air. "Feel the pain of my thorns, beast." she snarled, before swiping into it with six elegant strikes from her rapier. The splashing of a bleed effect adding to the wounds was simply an added bonus. Mina landed beside Katagawa, a snarky grin on her face. "Naa, I think that was a nice hit, wasn't it?" She watched, startled, as Dustin seemed to flail about with his sword. He didn't seem to be taking it seriously as he should, and seemed to have a strange eagerness to die somehow. "Naa! Get your head in the game, kid! If you hit it you're gonna run the risk of getting hurt when it gets ticked off!"

Spoiler

ID# 113047 results:

Battle: 10 (CRITICAL! +2 Base! Bleed Active! Keen Active!) (-6 Energy)

Craft: 8

Loot: 5

Spoiler

Boss is Stunned!

[H: 0] @Dustin: 400/400 HP | 37/40 EN | 10 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 BH
[H: 2] Tricolor_mina: 280/280 HP | 21/28 EN | 3 DMG | 23 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | BLD 12 | BH 2
[H: 3] Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 15/28 EN | 7 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PLZ | 2 BH | 5 VMP(D)

Snow Beast: 144/250 HP | 160 DMG [Stunned: 0/1][BLD: 1/2]

Edited by tricolor_mina

Mina shouted towards the boy as he was playing around. She’s right. I need to start focusing on working with other players if I want to get to killing bosses. His hand begins to glow again, as he charges in. “You’re right I guess. It’s time I pulled my own weight.” He jumps up, hitting the monster in the most vital points on the way up, finishing with a hit to the temple as he falls back next to the girls. “Sorry gals, I was a bit distracted.” His face unusually serious as the monster’s health drops more than before. So that’s the amount of damage I can do with these old things. His eyes shift down to the wraps on his hands. “Don’t worry about me, you ladies should keep up the good work.” He stands in a more orthodox fighting stance, his legs shoulder width and one foot forward, his hands up to protect his face. Like a professional boxer, even a look on his face completely different from before, like a whole new person had taken charge and he took a back seat as this person tried to make things better. “I’ll make it up to you guys, I swear.” A smile rises behind the hands guarding his face.

Spoiler

ID: 113049

BD: 7 + 1 = 8

HIT (finally)

10 * 9 = 90 DMG

144 - 90 = 54 HP

-10 EN

[H: 1] Dustin: 400/400 HP | 28/40 EN | 10 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 BH
[H: 2] Tricolor_mina: 280/280 HP | 21/28 EN | 3 DMG | 23 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | BLD 12 | BH 2
[H: 3] @Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 15/28 EN | 7 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PLZ | 2 BH | 5 VMP(D)

Snow Beast: 54/250 HP | 160 DMG [Stunned: 0/1][BLD: 1/2]

Edited by Dustin

Hokori noticed that the beast was starting to finally stir. After all of this, it was finally going to get a chance to start moving. She backed off from it, and could feel the tendrils of energy seeping into her body from her leather armor. Faint red streaks could be seen going towards her, giving her that life energy. Still not the best of timing considering she had taken no damage yet, but she hoped to keep it that way. After seeing how much damage Dustin was able to do, that meant all she had to do was kite it a bit and let him get the last hit in on it. Guess you're not that useless after all. It was a stark difference from the suicidal optimist she had met months ago. Though it seemed the suicidal part hadn't really left, he just replaced it with a mask of nobility to hide his death wish. Still, it meant this fight would be over quickly for them. And it meant she could sit here and not have to worry about dodging around for too much longer, unless he got distracted again somehow.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #113052
BD: 2 - miss
CD: 9 - vampiric proc

[H: 1] Dustin: 400/400 HP | 28/40 EN | 10 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 BH
[H: 2] @tricolor_mina: 280/280 HP | 21/28 EN | 3 DMG | 23 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | BLD 12 | BH 2
[H: 3] Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 14/28 EN | 7 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PLZ | 2 BH | 5 VMP(D)

Snow Beast: 54/250 HP | 160 DMG [Stunned: 0/1][BLD: 1/2]

Mina let out an excited laugh as she realized that she was in the heat of a battle with a large boss monster that was actively trying to kill all three of them. It was fantastic to think about, and the risk of death was utterly exhilarating for her. She ran past the large Ice golem, whooping. "Mou, over here you big Prick!" she called, still laughing. Kat was still the one that held the aggro however, so it started gunning for her. Luckily, it seemed to be dazed still from the multiple stuns afflicted to it, as well as the bleed effect splashed to it, as it simply smashed into one of the Icy boulders to the side of the field, destroying the boulder, but completely missing Katagawa with its blow. It was enough to cause a gust of wind, though. Mina felt her cloak billow out, and whip about behind her. A smirk crossed her face as she pointed her sword at it. "Tag in you two! It's pretty much dead if we all hit it this time!"

Spoiler

ID# 113055 results:

Battle: 4 (+1 (keen)= 5, Fail)

Craft: 10

Loot: 5

MOB: 8

Spoiler

ID# 113056 results:

Battle: 5 (Failure)

Craft: 12

Loot: 13

MOB: 2

[H: 1] @Dustin: 400/400 HP | 28/40 EN | 10 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 BH
[H: 2] Tricolor_mina: 280/280 HP | 20/28 EN | 3 DMG | 23 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | BLD 12 | BH 2
[H: 3] Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 14/28 EN | 7 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PLZ | 2 BH | 5 VMP(D)

Snow Beast: 42/250 HP | 160 DMG [BLD: 0/2]

• 1 month later...

Dustin’s eyes fixate on the monster, his hands glowing as he smiles once again. This time it dies. It’s health is lower than every time I’ve hit it. Should be able to finish it off with this sword art. He runs the giant monster down and slams his fist into the back of it’s leg, moving up to the front of it. His leg shoots up and hits it in the nose, shifting his weight to make the change in direction easier on the boy as he jumps up and punches the thing in the chest. “One more hit.” He lands, throwing all his weight and strength behind the last punch, aiming it right under his belly button. The snow beast lets out one final roar and then explodes into blue pixels, dropping the item. 

His leg pushes into the ground, throwing him up and back so he lands right next to the ladies who helped him kill the monster. His hand extends out towards Katagawa with the item, and his other towards Mina for a high five. “Sorry I couldn’t offer you more, but that’s all I’ve got for this quest.” He turns to the girls, stepping forward to address them both at once. “Still, thanks for helping me out.” He smiles, giving them both a thumbs up.

Spoiler

ID: 114704

BD: 10

10 + 2 = 12 * 9 = 108 DMG

42 - 108 = 0 HP

[H: 1] Dustin: 400/400 HP | 18/40 EN | 10 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 BH
[H: 2] Tricolor_mina: 280/280 HP | 20/28 EN | 3 DMG | 23 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | BLD 12 | BH 2
[H: 3] @Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 14/28 EN | 7 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PLZ | 2 BH | 5 VMP(D)

Snow Beast: 0/250 HP | 160 DMG [BLD: 0/2]

Edited by Dustin

Hokori nodded towards the boy after the beat had been finished off. Thankfully, it was not nearly as close of a fight as they had made it seem to be. As she took the item, she nodded her own thanks, a little out of breath from running around a monster and trying to avoid it constantly. After catching her breath, she started to make her way out of the cave. "Not a problem. Looks like you've got yourself a story and we've got ourselves some experience. Perhaps we'll see each other around again. Unless your optimism gets you killed before we would cross paths again." She couldn't resist the slight jab towards him. She meant no offense, but she did know that they had very different views of this world. He may think everything can go fine if you just practice hard enough, but she knew that death was inevitable, all you could do was to try to minimize it.

Thread Summary:

Spoiler

1 Page of RP: 400 Col to Split and 1 SP each
Essence of Steel COmpleted for all: 1 SP and <<Essence of Steel>> to Katagawa

Totals:

@Katagawa: 2 SP, <<Essence of Steel>> and 133 Col
@Dustin: 2 SP and 134 Col
@tricolor_mina: 2 SP and 133 Col