Jump to content
Dustin

[PP-F06] The Declawing Process <<Deforestation>>

Recommended Posts

After hearing about a fire breathing tiger, Dustin’s interest was piqued. As he made his way up he realized that he had reached floors where he was probably gonna be out of his depth. These monsters appear to be keeping up with me stats wise and there’s no way I can keep this up. He opens his menu, looking through the short list of people he could ask for help from. Most of these people will either end it all in one hit or take ages to finish it off. He lands on a name he had forgotten about. Despite being in her shop at least once every other week he couldn’t quite put a face to the name. So he started thinking. Someone named Neopolitan, like Neapolitan, oh. It’s ice cream girl. He smiles and sends her a quick message.

Spoiler

To: @Neopolitan

Message: I reckon you’ve heard of mittens on floor 6. The fire breathing tiger. Well I say we can kill it and because of that we should. Meet me at the sinking sun tavern on floor 6. It’s south of the teleport gate.

After sending the message he slips his hands into his pockets and heads towards the nearest watering hole, “The sinking sun,” such a sad name, despite being the liveliest place on the sixth floor. “Don’t worry guys, won’t be here long, you can get back to your boring lives.” He says, almost like he was insulting them. He meant well but he couldn’t get the words to ease the blow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neo was in her shop waiting for people to come and pick up their orders. It seemed like it wasn't going to happen though as she got a ping from a message notification. Pulling it up, she noticed it was one of the people who fairly regularly came to get some various snacks and desserts from her. It was never anything special, so she was always happy to give it away at a near free price. There was always going to be that surplus and she didn't want it going to waste. She noted that the quest he wanted to do was on floor 6. She had been there herself a few times, and she would rather not go there again. But at least this time she would have someone to go there with. Perhaps that would help. Deciding to not deal with two things at once, Neo left the darkened rapier at the shop and equipped her old rapier. Noting that her parasol had once again turned back to its regular pink, she made her way to the tavern he described. Once there, it wasn't long before she noticed Dustin. Her own parasol was over her shoulder, knuckles white while gripping it. If he wasn't that occupied talking to the various patrons of the tavern, he may notice she was shaking a little slightly. Though she knew that those days were behind her, she could never help but remember everything all over on the floor that made all the bad memories return. For once she was glad she wasn't at her strongest, that meant dealing with this and her rapier at the same time.

@Dustin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dustin sits at the bar on a stool watching the entrance. He couldn’t help but be excited to finally be able to pull his own weight around the one who killed Miraak. His eyes land on a parasol as she walks in, and he tilts his head, she looked like she was struggling to be here in this bar. But you can message me when you’re at the bar if it bothers you. Or even better, tell me we can’t meet there. So it’s gotta be something else. He stands up and walks across the room towards the woman.

“Is there something wrong?” He asks the woman, looking worriedly, “I don’t expect you to tell me what’s wrong but you’re the strongest one here, if you’re distracted, we both get hurt.” He says, trying to make it less weird and gooey for him to ask that stuff. “Actually, more likely I would get hurt. You’d just be hurt a little.” He says to himself. “Either way, I need to know if you’re okay to help me in this fight, cause I kind of need you there.” He closes his mouth and turns to walk beside her as he motions for her to follow. I’m at risk of dying either way.

@Neopolitan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Her weapon had gone silent, in what was probably going to be the best turn of events for this whole trip. Dustin could tell that she was worried, but she just sent him a messagee saying that she would be fine. She had to be. After all, he wanted her help to take out the beast. They would plenty far away from that waterfall. There was no need to worry.

The mantra kept repeating in her head over and over until she evnetually managed to find the courage to take some deep breaths and give Dustin a look to ask if he was ready to get going. She wouldn't be needing any buffs for this fight. It might go a little bit quicker if she used one of the potions from Zandra, but Dustin should be fine even if it took a couple of swingss from her. Once he was ready to head out, she would do her best to avoid looking scared and make her way towards where this flaming beast lay.

@Dustin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dustin didn’t like the way she was acting, but the boy couldn’t make her tell him anything or even maybe make her feel better. All he could do was hope she was telling the truth and try not to die if she isn’t. “Well, I reckon we should head out. This is dangerous for me, so I want it done quickly. It’s gonna make for a great story.” A huge stupid grin crosses his face as he turns to walk out of the bar. “Do you have any idea where this thing is, we can’t fight what we can’t find.” He makes his way out of the bar and into the town. This is the only way I know how to get stronger, but to be fair I’m not sure I’d like it any other way. He pulls out a small cookie and pops it in his mouth as he walks towards the edge of town.

As he takes his first step out into the Forrest, he smiles back towards the girl. “I heard stories about this floor. What it does to their minds. How it hurts the players.” His face twists to a more serious look. “It makes me sick. No game should treat their players so poorly. Let alone in a game where death is real.” His fists tighten in their gloves as he looks up at her once more. “This game is supposed to be fun, yet all it does is play with their heads on this floor.” He stops for a moment, looking over and seeing flames as he grins. “There she is. Let’s do this quickly. The longer I’m here the more likely I am to die.” He walks towards it just enough for it’s health bar to appear and the quest log to update.

Byakko Spawned

Byakko: 150/150 HP | 60 DMG | 40 MIT (On MD rolls of 9 or 10, half the damage dealt is instead dealt as burn damage, which ignores mitigation as a status. This has no DoT.)

Dustin: 400/400 HP | 40/40 EN | 10 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | BH 4

@Neopolitan: ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neo couldn't believe her ears as Dustin just talked about making a great story out of killing this beast. But that wasn't the matter. She just wanted to take out this beast to help an acquaintance and get out of this floor. SHe had hoped not to come here again, but it seemed like she was going to be out of luck for that. As he mentioned about the floor messing with player's minds, Neo's face just went pale. Even through the game's makeup filters, you could tell the blood had drained from her face. She wouldn't be surprised if the nurses likely tending to her just went into emergency alert from her worry.

Neo regained her composure as soon as she saw the creature burning through the forest. Ironically, it seemed to have burned through even less than when Neo had come around to face it last time. You could barely see her pull her sword out of the black parasol before she was already moving towards the beast in an energized charge. A black cloud formed around her, and the fight was disguised from view by her weapon. As soon as it had started though, it was over. The boss creature was now just a shriveled husk left with the tiniest slivers of life. Laying on the ground completely paralyzed, Neo just looked down at it with a solemn face.

This is what you get for reminding me about her.

The beast's breathing stopped as it was stabbed through the heart and shattered to bits.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #112578
BD: 8 + 3 = 11 - hit; fallen proc (12 + 4 = 16 * 14 = 224 - 40 = 184 damage; paralyze procs)
CD: 1 - no recovery

@Dustin: 400/400 HP | 40/40 EN | 10 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | BH 4
Neopolitan: 780/780 HP | 66/78 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN

Byakko: 0/150 HP | 60 DMG | 40 MIT (On MD rolls of 9 or 10, half the damage dealt is instead dealt as burn damage, which ignores mitigation as a status. This has no DoT.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The flickering light in Dustin’s eyes fizzle out as he drops his attention to the ground. “So much for an awesome story.” He frowns as his voice escapes his lips quietly. His attention is grabbed when the monster explodes into blue pixels. His eyes move up to the girl as he puts on a fake smile. I’ll have to do this myself when I’m strong enough. I can’t just let this be the whole story. “I watched as a girl killed the monster before I did.” Raise glass, shout with a smile, and drink. He walks towards her, a straight face and urgency in his step. “Now what?” He questions. What can we do to kill the time? Why couldn’t I just kill the damned thing? Dustin spins and starts to walk away from the combat zone, trying to keep his true thoughts hidden. 

I was expecting to get there and fight, not get there and watch an umbrella for a time. He sits on a log and looks at the girl. “I was planning on taking my time with that fight, but I guess getting off of this god forsaken floor would be better.” He pulls out a cake and cuts out two pieces, holding one up towards Neo. “Just cause the floor is horrible doesn’t mean the whole experience has to be.” He eats his cake slowly, savoring the sweet flavor of the cloud of goodness on his plate. “Second best cake I’ve ever had.” He smiles, frosting still on his teeth as he washes it down with a juice.

@Neopolitan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×