[PP-F13] The Weight of our Sins <<CTC>>

Timeline Notice: For those who follow Jonathan's story arc, this takes place in the future, after the end of the Chaos Arc. While he is stable, he is still weighted by the life he took. 

Quest: <<Cleansing the Corruption>>

Spoiler

After the Fallen Event, Miraak is found outside the inaccessible chapel if this specific quest is taken. After being confronted, he explains to the players, "I require your assistance. Some time ago when I was under Artamiel's influence, I placed a powerful seal of corruption in what once was the largest city of this world. I understand now that it must be destroyed if we plan to put an end to the Corruption of this world. It seems that the Angel's power didn't lift it and we require to remove it directly" Once the player accepts, another Health Bar will appear under the party leader's with the username Miraak. He will give the player time to prepare before setting out into the desolate floor. 

After the players and Miraak make their way through the wasteland and arrive at Demon's End he will explain to them that they have two options. They could either charge straight ahead to the problem at hand, or make their way around, searching for anything not destroyed by the corruption. 

Once the players reach the center of town, they will find their way to the largest building in the city. He will lead them to a side entrance where he will use his magic to temporarily lift the rubble blocking the door. Once inside, players will find themselves in a very large open room where everything has been thrashed. A malevolent aura rests within the room, even though none of the diseased are inside. Miraak, who is shaking, tells you to stay put as he moves to the center of the room. He kneels to the floor to examine a large red glowing seal that covers the center of the floor, a circle with a 10 meter diameter. As soon as he goes to use an incantation to remove it, it explodes, throwing Miraak back to your side. While Miraak appears okay, a shadowy figure now stands in the center of the room. Miraak will gasp as he says the name of the being, sounding frightened. 

Ending: 
After the boss has been defeated, instead of shattering, it will crumble to dust and float away in the air, any remaining Diseased will flee. Miraak will take one last look at the seal before turning to the players. "I am afraid there is nothing to be done. I set this powerful seal, but it has been festering here ever since, growing in strength. While I believe it is at its limit and will progress no further, there is nothing we can do with it. It would be best to leave and never return. While we may have defeated it, it will simply return. Famine, War, Death, and Pestilence will always remain. I am afraid to say there is nothing we can do, it would be best to return. Come, place your hand upon me and I will return us to Angel's Point" Miraak will wait until each player places a hand on him, and once done so shall teleport all of them to Angel's Point. 

Failed Ending
As Miraak's HP would normally fall to zero, a white light flashes and it remains with a sliver of health. He looks to the players that fight with him, worry in his eyes. He looks to them and says, "Sorry, but we must retreat." He raises his staff and slams it into the ground, each of the players being engulfed in a blue light. When the light fades, they are in front of the chapel in angel's point. "I am afraid each of us were unprepared. Now that we know what we are up against, we should take time and prepare for another excursion some other time" With that, Miraak would turn and leave, entering the inaccessible chapel. 

Routes:
After reaching Demon's End, a player may decide from one of two routes. Short, and Long Route. 

Short

Hide contents

The players decide to keep the short but quick route and Miraak will nod. "It is best to not waste, but make haste" You will take the road straight ahead. Going on this route, there will be less Diseased encounter, but less rewards. 

-Going on this route, players must fight 4x Diseased Ones with Loot Minimum or Max Floor stats (Whichever is lower). X = the number of players.

Long Route

Hide contents

Deciding on the Longer way around Miraak will nod. "I too am curious about what remains after the corruption. Little is known of the diseased ones, so I wonder if they left much" Taking the longer route, players must fight more diseased ones, but receive more col and the potential for better items... at a certain risk. 

Before anything else players must fight 8x Diseased Ones with Loot Minimum or Max Floor stats (Whichever is lower). X = the number of players.

Party Leader may make a roll,depending on the CD they might find additional Col or Unique Item. 

CD:1 ~ Incarnation of Greed is Found and must be destroyed to proceed. 
CD:2-10 ~ Nothing
CD:11-12, BD:1-9 ~ Additional 5,000 Col
CD:11-12, BD:10 ~ x1 T2 Weapon of Choice - Corrupted Justice - 2 DMG, 1 Fallen

Incarnation of Greed
image.jpeg
As it appears before the player, Miraak will look at it and gasp. "Careful! This being is very powerful and is known as the Incarnation of Greed. Unless you believe yourself strong enough, it would be best to avoid this fight and retreat now!" If the player insists on staying a grumbling voice would be heard. "You are here for the rewards, are you not? They are much more significant than the worth of your own lives" 
Receives its own Roll
HP: 2000
DMG: 300
MIT: 50
ACC: 3
Incarnation of Greed(Passive) - Heals itself for 50 HP if it lands a successful hit. Passively restores HP equal to all players added up Battle healing. 
Spite of Greed - On a BD:9-10, it sends a blast of pure energy, hitting the player for full damage, ignoring Mitigation. 
Sin's Destruction - On a CD:11-12, Incarnation of Greed will send a blast wave to hit all players. Deals 50*Hate Unmitigatable DMG. Takes priority over Spite of Greed. 

Last Hit Reward

LD:1-21, 10,000 Col
LD:22+ - Greed's Spite - T2 Weapon of Choice - Phase, ACC, ACC (Can Only be obtained once per player)

<<Miraak>>

Image result for priest fate stay night

A support to the players within the quest aiding them. His purpose is to help cleanse the corruption of the world to atone for the Sins he had previously made. He is found to be wielding a staff with a golden cross at the top of it. He is kind and patient, but quite cocky when it comes to a normal battle. 

Dialogue

• If a player mentions the Fallen Event or attacking players, he will bow his head and apologize. Afterwards, he will say he has learned an grown from those past mistakes. 
  • If a player mentions doing the quest previously with him on repeat runs, he will have no memory of doing so and frown at the player. 
    • For RP purposes, Miraak will have no reaction to anything given to him in terms of information about the quest. 
  • If a player were to attack him, he would say that he forgives them and teleport out. He can dodge any attack at him by a player. 

Stats
800 HP
50 MIT
2 EVA

Actions
CD:1-3, Heals the player (Or himself) with the lowest HP% for 200 HP
CD:4-6, Heals all players in party, including himself for 100 HP.
CD:7-9, Increases all players in party's DMG by 2 for 2 Turns. 
CD:10-11, Removes all status effects from players in the party and himself. 
CD:12, Uses Lord's Light - An AOE attack that hits all enemies with a wave of light, dealing 300 unmitigatable DMG. 

Passive Abilities
Lord's Protection - HP can not drop below 1 ~ Will Teleport out and quest will fail if this happens. 
Holy Breath - On a BD:9-10, whatever action used, it doubles its effect. CD:1-3 will heal player for 400 HP instead of 200. Etc, etc. 
Silent Night - If all players in party are in stealth, Miraak will shroud himself in magic, making him unable to be seen until a player comes out of hiding.  

Boss Fights

<<Famine>>

Related image
One of the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse. It is the living incarnation of starvation and scarcity. Its only purpose is to spread famine and starve out humanity. Its very aura seems to drain players of all additional help. It fights players with a spear as dark as night. 
Receives its own Roll
HP: 1500
MIT:50
DMG:200 
ACC:2
EVA:2
Famine (Passive) - Buffs are made Ineffective for this battle, this includes Sharpness and Barrier but doesn't include buffs granted by Miraak. Debuffs still work.
Corruption (Passive) Will always deal at least 100 DMG after MIT
Devil's Pierce: On a MD:9-10, deals double damage. 
Hell Blast: On a CD:10-12, Blasts a black wave of energy, hitting all players in the room. Deals 300 DMG to all players and Miraak. 2 Turn Cooldown. 

Last Hit Reward:
Song of Famine - T2 Debuff Song. Decreases a single targets ACC and EVA by 2 for Four turns. 

<<War>>
Image result for war the demonic paradise
One of the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse. It is the living carnation of war and bloodshed. Its only purpose is to spread its violence on humanity. Its violent tendencies sometimes allow it to make multiple actions. It fights players with a Two-Handed sword as cold as night.
Receives its own Roll
HP: 2000
MIT: 75
DMG:300
ACC:3
EVA:1
War (Passive) -  On a CD:10-12, Receives another Attack. Can only activate once per turn. This CD is determined on his first attack's roll. 
Corruption (Passive) - Will always deal at least 100 DMG after MIT. 
Cleave(Passive) - Hits main target for normal damage and every other player and Miraak for half of that damage. Attacks not against main target don't receive additional ACC. Each part of Cleave uses the same MD determined from main attack.
Devils Smite - Will deal an extra 100 DMG on MD:9-10. 

Last Hit Reward: 
T2 Crystal - Bloodcrystal of War: +4 DMG, -20* Player's Tier Mitigation

<<Death>>
Related image
One of the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse. It is the living carnation of Death. Its only purpose is wipe out humanity as it is own. Its very presence prevents the creation of life and healing. It fights players with a scythe as eerie as a crow.

Receives its own Roll
HP:1500
DMG: 175 Unmitigatable DMG
MIT: 25
EVA:2
Death (Passive) - After hitting an opponent, the opponents current HP becomes its Temporary Max HP until the battle is over. 
Battle Killing (Passive) - Players don't receive Battle Healing and take half of their Battle healing as DMG every turn. Emergency Recovery is ineffective.
Devil's Sweep - Attacks with an AOE on a MD:9-10. Does not have to roll again for attacking other party members or Miraak. 

Last Hit Reward:
Death's Song ~ T2 Debuff Song - Target is unable to heal for the next two turns. Includes, Battle Healing. Can be removed by Purify. Doesn't affect Floor/Event Bosses. 

<<Pestilence>>
Related image
One of the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse. It is the living carnation of plague. Its only purpose is to spread disease and the corruption. It constantly lands status effects to all. It fights players with diseased arrows that it repeatedly uses to sprout arrows into its opponents chest. 

Receives its own Roll
HP: 1,750
MIT: 50
DMG: 200
EVA:1
Pestilence (Passive) - On any landed hit, add a Blight effect dealing 24 DMG for the next three turns. These effects don't refresh but stack up to 3 effects in total. After reaching 3, it will refresh the oldest effect.
Corruption (Passive) - Will always deal at least 50 DMG after mitigation
Cleave (Passive) - Hits main target for normal damage and every other player and Miraak for half of that damage. Attacks not against main target don't receive additional ACC. Each part of Cleave uses the same MD determined from main attack.
Call of Corruption On CD:11-12, Will summon forth 2 Diseased Ones with the same stats as previously. Will attack afterward using the same roll.
Disease: On MD:9-10, Deal 100 Extra DMG, and apply two Blight effects instead of one. 

Last Hit Reward:

Essence of Corruption - Adds a Blight effect to a weapon for one thread. (36 DMG for 2 turn on a BD:9-10)

The blond haired player stepped forward onto the grounds of the church. He wore most of his Twilight Protector, opting out the mask while he was in the premise of the city of Angel's Point. This had been the first time he had visited since the event. He died in the fight against Artamiel, and had been weak in both mind and body. The only thing that had kept him going by then, had been his absolute hatred for Chaos and thirst for revenge. Now, that was gone, leaving room for his emotions to finally begin to kick in. His eyes had a sadness behind them, the same as they were before, but now without the fire. He had overcome his anger in the last moments, opting to spare Chaos. However, his mercy was in vain as Chaos had been finished off by someone even more sinister. Fyre, Chaos's second in command and Sin of Wrath. Her whereabouts were unknown as were her motives. 

Focusing away from his own thoughts, he looked ahead of him. Standing in front of the large chapel that was the main attraction of the floor, stood a priest. Jonathan had no feelings for this priest, unaware of his actual origins. He walked forward, approaching the priest without caution. As he did, Miraak would face him and say,  "I require your assistance. Some time ago when I was under Artamiel's influence, I placed a powerful seal of corruption in what once was the largest city of this world. I understand now that it must be destroyed if we plan to put an end to the Corruption of this world. It seems that the Angel's power didn't lift it and we require to remove it directly" Nodding, Jonathan would answer, "Alright then, lets get going" Miraak's eyes would advert him. "This will be not be an easy task. I advise we recruit some more help before carrying on" Sighing, Jonathan knew he could push the NPC into taking him anyway, but he understood the NPC probably mentioned it as a warning. 

@Neopolitan @Pinball

Takes place after Pinball's escape 

Why was he here again? He felt his spear in his hand. It had never left, and it never would. He sat up, wiping the dirt and accumulated dust off of his shirt. Well, he had woken up here. Pinball frowned, using his weapon to push himself to his feet. That was a bad habit; staying awake until you passed out was really unhealthy, and he knew that - but he couldn't sleep. Not when he knew what he would see in his dreams. 

He took a deep breath. Sleepiness still clung to his eyes. He could barely keep them open. His hair was unkempt, and his black shirt had gotten crooked under the thin leather padding he had the audacity to call armor. A necklace hung from his wrist, tied twice so it wouldn't fall off his arm. The jewel shone in the dim light as he ran a tired hand across his face. "God," he murmured, "I hate this.

Pinball recognized his surroundings immediately as the 13th Floor. He knew now that there had been big boy monsters roaming around lately. A new quest? It must have been unlocked with the release of the next floor, following the conclusion of the Boss Raid. Pinball had no way of learning these things, though, and it had worked against him. Especially when he had gotten... upset with his other party members. He took his spear and slipped it into the leather tube he had fashioned as a makeshift sheath for his weapon - it was the only way he could let go of the spear. 

Pinball knew what floor he was on, but where was he? 

@Neopolitan

Edited by Pinball

While Miraak's statement wasn't firm, Jonathan understood that he might as well look for help. "Fine then, you stay here. I've heard a lot of rumors that people don't exactly like you" Miraak seemed to wince at that statement. "I give you and the other my most humble of apologies. My actions were unforgivable and I have turned over a new leaf" Jonathan raised an eyebrow. "What did you d-... It doesn't matter exactly" Jonathan then would step forward, moving away. 'Should I message someone to come out? Most people are probably not happy with me anymore. Penelo isn't a high enough level to come out here, her healing abilities would have been great. Guess I'll look around' It wasn't long before he found someone wandering around. It was an orange player, one that Jonathan had never met, but was sure he had seen him wandering around before. 

He took a few steps toward the man but was mindful of distance. He understood getting too close to a player could sometimes set them off or make them feel endangered. "Hey uh, interested in taking the new quest on this floor? Name is Morgenstern" He knew many people would recognize his username, even though now he wasn't sure if he liked that. 

@Pinball

Morgenstern? That name was familiar. Pinball's tired eyes slowly drifted to the side to be met with an approaching, armored man and a familiar priest. He frowned. The priest's face still pissed him off. He felt his fist clench the spear a bit tighter. He had seen Morgenstern on the front lines before. He wasn't surprised he didn't recognize Pinball, though. He frowned, his eyes drifting to the orange crystal hovering over the player's head. 

Did they deserve it? 

It bothered him that this was the first question on his mind. No, he didn't think so. That was a stupid way of thinking. More and more, the world was starting to show him that that's not how it works. He found his frown slowly turning into a glare as he recalled taking the same quest with his other party, and the holier-than-thou attitude of their "tank". 

No, they probably didn't deserve it. He probably didn't even give them a chance. And that's what the problem was with people like them. Pinball whipped his head around, wiping the dust and grass and dirt off of his shirt and pants. Pinball replied, finally, his voice a grumpy, almost pointed grumble. Tanks were supposed to take the shots. Judging from his armor, and what he had heard from his friends in the past, he was supposed to be one. One of the best, at that. 

"I know your name. What? Don't think you can handle it yourself?

The man was silent as approached, but he did find himself getting a long look over. Finally, the man would whip towards him, his voice finally being portrayed as he earned an unsatisfied glare. "I know your name. What? Don't think you can handle it yourself?" Jonathan would chuckle at his response. "I probably couldn't to be honest. From what I heard, its not that easy and tall and brooding priest dude doesn't seem like much help" He would look to Pinball, his gaze moving down to rest at the man's feet. "If you don't want to, that is alright too. I was just looking for some help, never know when you need some extra firepower" He would say plainly. He felt like he had seen the boy somewhere, but he couldn't exactly put his finger on. Was the guy a frontliner? 'I wonder what he got the orange cursor from? Hopefully he isn't just killing people for fun.' He knew that the guy most likely wouldn't be able to attack him and win, but Jonathan still kept a close eye to him. He didn't even know the strangers name yet. 

@Pinball

Why was he being so rude? He turned his head away and brought a hand across his face, wincing. The lack of sleep made it hard to remember. Pinball rubbed his tired face, taking a deep breath. The last time he had taken this quest had been an... experience. Why not try it again? And doing it with a stranger he would never have to see again would probably be easier than doing it with people that- well. He stopped thinking about that. 

There was a leather tube slung across his back; it was his spear's "scabbard". In reality, it wasn't meant for it - but the system recognized the action of slipping the spear into the leather as a sheathe, and thus Pinball's hands were freed from the cursed weapon. He did that now, stowing his spear and turning to the armored man who had approached him. For the first time in a while, he tried forcing himself to relax. Morgenstern was either oblivious or confident he could take him on if it came down to a fight. That was just as well. Pinball was confident in his ability to run. 

"Man," he said, a slight smile almost pulling at the corners of his lips, "thought you'd recognize me from the posters..." Pinball took a deep breath, and exhaled. His voice was noticeably tired, and probably sounded shaky from misuse. 

"I'll... I'll help you. Just for a little bit.

@Pinball

The man in front of him would turn his face away for a moment, rubbing his face as if trying to wake up. The boy looked tired, and Jonathan was beginning to wonder if he would actually be of any use in his current state. The silence would continue as the man replaced his spear on the leather tube that laid across his back. 'Alright good, the apprehension seems to be slowly fading. Since we both have orange cursors however, there will probably never be no apprehension. It is the kind of treatment a monster like me deserves anyway' The boys voice would jar him out of his thoughts, and bring them back into them again. 'Posters? Orange cursor and he mentions posters... He must be wanted' Jonathan would offer a slight chuckle. "I am afraid I haven't been in the loop of this world lately. In light of what I have done, I think I can look over anything you have done" He stated glumly. Unless he was a serial killer, Jonathan in his own mind had done worse. 

Jonathan's eyes drifted away as the boy accepted his offer. "A bond of the bloodied..." he would mutter under his breath. 'The pain and suffering I have caused.... How can I ever make up for that?' He looked over to Miraak. "Happy I got someone? Can we move on now?" Miraak would nod, but his eyes seemed sullen as if he was feeling pain from a past memory. "It seems all is ready" Miraak would turn his back to them. "Morgenstern. Pinball. Understand there is forgiveness for those who seek it" With that, the NPC would walk forward, a new quest objective would appear on his HUD. 

"Follow Miraak"

Overlook what he's done? Pinball frowned, burying his hands in his pockets. He didn't like that. But he let it slide this time, and thought no more of it. 

But when the priest spoke to them, he scowled. Oh, shut up. Again Pinball was fighting the urge to kick the guy's teeth in. What was so irritating about him? Pinball tried to think about it for a moment... maybe it was because it reminded him of his father. A weird mix of emotions hit him then; sadness, anger, loneliness, fear. Why? He couldn't remember, and he had the sneaking suspicion that that was probably a good thing. 

But he followed along obediently, looking left and right for anything that might want to get the jump on the two. As he walked he started stuffing his face with consumables, trying to be quiet about it... and cursed when he realized he was practically out of supplies. He had a choice to make: damage, or evasiveness? Pinball felt horrible. He should have been prepared - he should have expected burning out like this. He didn't want to ask for potions, so he pulled the sub-par vial from his inventory and drunk, with a forlorn expression on his face as it faded away into nothingness. 

((CRAP CRAP CRAP I RAN OUT OF CONSUMABLES CRAP DARN HECK SHOOT)) 

Consuming: 

T2 Rare Meal - Apple Cider: +2 DMG, (-20 MIT) [#110465]
T1 Rare Potion - Burning Edge: +2 DMG [#99737]
T2 Perfect Dessert - The Duelist's Treat: +2 ACC, +1 EVA -> +2 ACC, +2 EVA {House Buff: Filling} [#99929-1]

House Buffs: 

Spoiler

Housing Buffs:

• Rested”:  -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
  • Clean”: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
  • Filling”: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot. This can exceed normal Cook enhancement caps. Ex: A perfect T2 MIT food gives 35 MIT instead of 30
  • “Relaxed”: Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.

Stats: (After Buffs) 

Spoiler

~Skills/Stats~ 

Level: 49
Health: 980 | Energy: 98
DMG: 19 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 5

Skills:

Combat skills:
►<<Charge>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Weapon skills:
►<<2H Assault Spear>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster
►<<1H Straight Sword>> [35/50]: Rank 4 - Master

Armor skills:
►N/A

Extra skills:
►<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>> [18/18]: Rank 3 - Grandmaster
►<<Martial Arts>> [0/50]: N/A
►<<Survival>> ~ Inactive 

Utility Skills:
►N/A

Modifiers:
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Ferocity>>: +1 Base DMG
►[Active] <<Bullrush>>
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Finesse>> ~ Rank 3 

Inventory
»[Equipped] [Demonic] Cold Fervor: +2 Freeze, Phase, Cursed 
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Warrior’s Focus: +3 ACC

Battle Ready: 
» [3x] Teleportation Crystal 
» [2x] Greater Curative Potion: +120 HP 
» [3x] Crystallized Healing: +60 HP (Party) 
» [Uncommon OHSS] Tyrfing: Absolute Accuracy 

• 3 weeks later...

Pinball was silent after his own words, and Jonathan followed the man's example. Miraak was walking away and Pinball was following him. 'Aren't we just the band of misfits? Miraak who apparently was the main antagonist for the lower tiered players in the Fallen Event, Pinball of unknown atrocities, and me, the Killer for greed' he would think to himself. Following the two, he would glance at his almost barren inventory. 'Restoratives, teleport crystals, and damage potions. Wonderful!' He would think sarcastically to himself. He took a damage potion, bringing the glass bottle to his lips. Hesitating a moment, he would hope that Pinball was strong enough to take some forms of damage. He would tip the bottle back, the red liquid would gush into his mouth, a sharp taste filling his mouth. Swallowing it and wiping his lips, he would equip his items and follow the tow through the wasteland. 

Now, he adorned a black armor, a two handed sword strapped to his back. The floor looked the same, desolated and destroyed by plague, however, since the event the floor had gained some life. The occasional plan life was found, normally vining up the sides of ruined buildings. Miraak spoke up then. "Careful now, I feel that we aren't alone here" Miraak would take a firm stance with his staff in hand. 'Wait, is he actually going to help us fight?' 

@Pinball

Stats(After buffs)

Spoiler

Battle Stats: 
1430/1430 HP | 134/134 EN | 19 DMG | 126 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA |  42 Thorns | 69 BH | 3 HM | 25% DoT Reduction
Level: 67 - 343 SP
1390  HP
134 Energy
+4 Accuracy
-1 Evasion
21 Base Damage
126 Mitigation
72 Battle Healing
42 Thorns

+3 Heavy Momentum

Equipped Items:
» «Judgement» (+9 DMG) (Tier 3, Two Handed Straight Sword)
» «Angel's Pendant» (+3 ACC) (Tier 1, Trinket): 
» «Twilight Protector» (42 Thorns, +3 Heavy Momentum) (Tier 3, Heavy Armor)
» *«Dimensional Backpack» (+1 Battle Ready Inventory extra slot)
» *«Celestine» (+81 Mitigation) (Tier 3, Protector Familiar)

Skills
Rank 5 - Two-Handed Straight Sword (+7 DMG)
Rank 5 - Charge (+5 DMG)

Rank 5 - Heavy Armor (+35 MIT) 
Rank 5 - Battle Healing (5% of Max HP per turn) 
Rank 3 - Search (+3 LD)
Rank 0 - Howl <<10 EN Cost>> (+3 Hate)
Rank 0 - Fishing

E - Rank 0 - Survival (Immune to Environmental Effects, 45 HP recovered Out of Combat)
E - Rank 0 - Meditation (Inactive)
E - Rank 3 - Protector Familiar (+81 MIT)

Active Mods
Stonewall (+45 HP, +10 MIT, 25% DoT reduced)
Athletics (+45 HP, +1 DMG)
Emergency Recovery (Upon 25% HP, Recover 10%) 
THSS Ferocity (+1 DMG) 

Focused Howl (8 EN Cost>> (+5 Hate))
Precision (+1 ACC)
Focused Howl (8 EN Cost>> (+5 Hate)) <<Currently Inactive>>

Active Buffs
DMG Potion - +2 DMG

Battle-Ready Inventory

1. Teleport Crystal
  2. P. T3 Healing Crystal x2
  3. P. T3 Healing Potion x2

Requirements:

• Spoiler

• Must Roleplay speaking a receiving the request from Miraak the Priest. 
    • Must Roleplay and fight through the desolate wastelands of F13. 
      • Fight 4 Loot Minimum "Diseased Ones" per player
    • Roleplay entering Demon's End.
    • Complete either option Route. Short or Long Route
    • Roll the dice to find which Boss to fight (Unaffected by LD bonuses)
      • LD:1-5 - Famine
      • LD:6-10 - War
      • LD:11-15 - Death
      • LD:16-20 - Pestilence
    • Defeat Boss and Roleplay the ending.
    • Don't Let Miraak's HP reach 1 or Quest is failed. 

It was silent after that, and that was fine with him. Probably better that way. As they walked he kept an eye out for any movement on the horizon; making sure nobody was following him had become a habit, even though he still hadn't invested in Searching. He did his best though, and just hoped he had a sharp enough eye. Besides, if someone wanted to sneak up on him and actually got close enough to him to do something without him noticing, they deserved to be there.

Stealth wouldn't help them if that happened, though. 

Pinball glanced to the priest. Hm? Following Miraak's determined eyes, Pinball looked ahead. Four figures shuffled forward, dragging limp limbs lazily through the dirt and rock, glowing red eyes locked on the party, rotten jaws clenched tightly and twisted in a grotesque grin. The smell of rotting death hung over that diseased group, and the stench started to hit Pinball in waves as they approached. 

Pinball recoiled, grimacing, and hefted his spear. The cold wood felt familiar but dangerous in his hands again. He looked to Morgenstern for a command; Pinball was used to taking orders, not giving them. 

Edited by Pinball

As Miraak spoke, a terrible stench caught his nose, bringing tears to his own eyes. He swiveled on point to find the source: four shambling, half-rotted corpses that let out pained moans as they made their way towards the party. 'They are something out of a horror film!' He told himself. He reached to his back, pulling the black-handled blade from its resting point. He looked over to Pin who was looking back expectantly at him. 'He is awaiting an order...' Jonathan realized fearfully. Ever since, the incident, the blonde had lost faith in his own judgement. Every decision he made was bad, if the man was going to look at him like a leader, they were going to have some issues. "Attack! I will back you up!" Miraak  shouted to them. The Priest would close his eyes, chanting something and a blue aura would outline the NPC

Activating his <<Charge>> skill, Jonathan would leap forward to the enemies, his eyes watering even more as he neared. Trying to ignore the rancid smell, he would perform his most powerful AoE attack. His weapon would cut through the bodies, slashing through limbs, adding gashes into their bodies. He even severed a few limbs, but to his surprise they grew back with ease. The damage they took was real enough. 

Passive Effects Activated: +72 HP, 42 Thorns DMG

All Rolls: +4 BD, +1 MD
ID:113101 - BD:3 MD:5  ~ Diseased One: -(21+5=26*12=312+42)HP  Jonathan: -(201-126=75)HP
ID:113102 - BD:10 MD:7~ Diseased One: -(21+7=28*12=336+42)HP  Jonathan: -(201-126=75)HP
ID:113103 - BD:10 MD:7~ Diseased One: -(21+7=28*12=336+42)HP  Jonathan: -(201-126=75)HP
ID:113104 - BD:8 MD:4 ~ Diseased One: -(21+5=26*12=312)HP

Miraaks Roll: ID:113105 CD:6 ~ Heal entire party for 100 HP

[1,2,2,1] @Morgenstern 1377/1430 HP | 134/134 EN | 21 DMG | 126 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA |  42 Thorns | 72 BH | 3 HM | 25% DoT Reduction
[0,0,0,0] @Pinball 980/980 HP | 98/98 EN | 19 DMG | 0 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 2 Frz Phase

Diseased One A 316/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One B 292/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One C 292/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One D 358/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA

Morgenstern didn't give an order, but Miraak did. And as loathe as Pinball was to listen to the gay looking priest, he was like an attack dog when it came to orders. Organized combat wasn't about pride or dignity. It was about giving and receiving orders, and working together as a unit. Working with Mars and the frontliners, and taking charge of lower leveled players had drilled both of these systematic practices into his head, letting him comfortably and, in his eyes, efficiently take a part in fighting as a group. 

He rushed forward, but slowed to let Morgenstern charge into the fray first. Seeing his opening, though, Pinball didn't hold back. He knew his AoE was a bit lackluster when juxtaposed against the armored bruiser, - he particularly shone in 1-on-1s - but he figured he could at the very least have them down for the count for a second, letting Morgenstern finish them off. And letting Miraak just kind of... sit back there. The prick. Why did he piss him off so bad? It was just his face. Just so punchable. Like a counselor. 

Pinball's spear tore into the horde. Comparitively speaking, Cold Fervor's slashing power was nothing compared to its singular stabbing Arts, and that showed in his AoE. In a much less gruesome display of strength, Pinball struck three of the four Diseased monsters in rapid succession; he'd slice one across the throat to whirl around and kick the other in the knee, bringing down his weapon in a heavy slam across the shoulder - only to jump to the side and rip open the third's leg. Each Diseased One grunted and sagged beneath the weight of his attacks. But in this one-sided exchange, he lost sight of the fourth one. A gnarled hand with sharpened nails swung wide through the air. Pinball hopped backwards an impressive distance, showing off the weightlessness achieved when you... didn't... wear armor.

That would have hurt. Bad. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Weeping Moon] [-11 EN] {Well Rested} / Charge! +5 DMG and Bull Rush! 
Diseased One A: ID#113106 BD: 5+5= 10 (Hit!) ~ 19+5= 24*9= 216 DMG + STUN 
Diseased One B: ID#113107 BD: 1 (Crit.Miss!) 
Diseased One C: ID#113108 BD: 3+5= 8 (Hit!) ~ 19+5= 24*9= 216 DMG + STUN 
Diseased One D: ID#113109 BD: 6+5= 11 (Hit!) ~ 19+5= 24*9= 216 DMG + STUN 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1,2,2,1] @Morgenstern 1377/1430 HP | 134/134 EN | 21 DMG | 126 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA |  42 Thorns | 72 BH | 3 HM | 25% DoT Reduction
[1,0,1,1] @Pinball 980/980 HP | 98/98 EN | 19 DMG | 0 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 2 Frz Phase

Diseased One A: 100/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One B: 292/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One C: 76/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One D: 142/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA

Edited by Pinball

After he slashed his weapons through their bodies, the bodies repaired themselves as if it were nothing. The corpses retaliated immediately, using full force to slam their arms into him and rake across his armored body. It didn't look like it was a powerful attack, but it sure did some damage. Three of the four managed to hit him with full force before he backed away. The fourth charge him but he brought up his straight word to put something in between them. The diseased one grasped the blade of his sword and gnashed at him with its teeth. Unnerved a bit and pushed back by the creature's force, the blond fell to the soft earth below him. The beast prepared to leap at him, but was caught by Pinball's weapon, slashing through its body and knocking it away. Quickly recovering, Jonathan stood up and nodded to Pinball. "Hey, thanks" The corpses reformed from Pin's attacks and began to clamber their way back to them. His partner would leap back, leaving Jonathan to the hands of the beasts. "You gonna shoot some fireball back there or something Miraak? Unless you supported those players to death, I am not seeing much work" Jonathan glanced back to see that Miraak's face had paled. "That power was not my own. The only power I have now is the gift of light granted to me by the Lord" Jonathan sighed. "So a bullcrap power then" 

The man in dark armor activated his sword art once again, the weapon emitting a yellow light. "The power of love is bullshit. Power of swords and violence, that's where the money is." He would say jokingly. As the desiseased reached him, he would strike powerfully with severing blows. As his blade me the first, it was instantly reduced to pixels. The second, did not have the same fate. It survived his attack, continuing its attack to rake across his body. Unhesitating, Jonathan continued through with his attack,  killing the other two. Another light would emit from his body, his wounds healing and the fungus that had started growing on his armor from the touch of the diseased faded. His body, was now completely healed. "So you are a healer, not bad for our predictament. Though if you could just vaporize these dudes, that would also be pretty cool" 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Calamity Disaster] [-20 EN]
Diseased One A: ID#113110 BD: 10+4= 14 (Hit!) ~ (21+2=28*12=276 DMG
Diseased One B: ID#113111 BD: 9+4 = 13 (Crit Hit) ~ (21+1=22*12=264
Diseased One C: ID#113112 BD: 8+4= 12 (Hit!) ~ Diseased One: -(21*12=252
Diseased One D: ID#113113 BD: 6+4= 10 (Hit!) ~ Diseased One: -(21*12=252

Miraak: 113114 CD:7 ~ Heal entire party fro 100 HPBD:9 :Holy Breath Activated ~ x2 Effect

[3,4,3,2] @Morgenstern 1430/1430 HP | 96/134 EN | 21 DMG | 126 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA |  42 Thorns | 72 BH | 3 HM | 25% DoT Reduction
[1,0,1,1] @Pinball 980/980 HP | 88/98 EN | 19 DMG | 0 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 2 Frz Phase
[0,0,0,0] @Miraak 800/800 HP | 50 MIT | 2 EVA Holy Breath | Lord's Protection | Silent Night

Diseased One A: 0/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One B: 28/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One C: 0/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One D: 0/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA

LOOT
Rolls: (All +3 LD)
(670*3*3)=6030 Col
113115: LD:4 CD:6 ~ +670 Col, Rare Trinket
113116 LD:15 CD:1 ~ Rare Consumable, Rare Weapon
113117 LD:15 CD:1 ~ Rare Consumable, Rare Weapon

6700 Col
Weapons: Rare Weapon[113116], Rare Weapon[113117]

Armors:

Consumables: Rare Consumable[113116], Rare Consumable[113117]

Morgenstern's words unpleasantly washed over Pinball. He frowned. The tone suggested he was joking, but for some reason Pinball was put off by that. He didn't know why. Maybe if he thought about it for a while, he could come to some kind of conclusion. That was the case with a lot of things, wasn't it? He always had an explanation on the tip of his tongue. He was always on the teetering edge of some shocking revelation - but he never put in the work to realize anything. He pushed his thoughts and feelings down, locking them in a jar that bubbled up and shook, always on the verge of an explosion. And he was prone to that. But the one opponent he was never able to beat down - the one he couldn't even make himself face directly - was himself. 

But Pinball, like with all things, locked that unpleasantness up and saved it for another day. He silently endured, this time letting Cardinal carry him through the motions of his attack, grinding his teeth together while resisting the urge to try and dissect what Pinball thought might be truth behind the fallen tank's words. Pinball came low and quick, the point of his spear pointing downwards as he ran and almost scraping against the ground. For a moment it glowed red hot, and then he swung upwards, aiming to cut the already injured Diseased One in half; and although the spear's negligible slashing power stopped at the waist, it did the job. The remaining Diseased One's health bar plummeted into nothingness, leaving Pinball, for a second, to ponder. 

He kicked up some dirt, and then turned and walked back over to Morgenstern, resting his spear on his shoulder. "Split the loot straight down the middle," came the low hum. "That sound good?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Heft] [-1 EN/+1 EN]
Diseased One B: ID#113125 BD: 6+5= 11 (Hit!) ~ 19*2= 38 DMG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[3,4,3,2] @Morgenstern 1430/1430 HP | 96/134 EN | 21 DMG | 126 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA |  42 Thorns | 72 BH | 3 HM | 25% DoT Reduction
[1,0,1,1] @Pinball 980/980 HP | 88/98 EN | 19 DMG | 0 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 2 Frz Phase
[0,0,0,0] @Miraak 800/800 HP | 50 MIT | 2 EVA Holy Breath | Lord's Protection | Silent Night

Diseased One A: 0/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One B: 0/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One C: 0/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One D: 0/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looting: 

Diseased One B: ID#113126 LD: 10 CD: 7 ~ 

• 4020 Col 
  • 2 T2 Materials 
  • [x1] Rare Trinket 
Edited by Pinball
  • 4 weeks later...

The blond would watch as Pinball would finish off the last enemy. Their team was proving to be clean and efficient, with Miraak keeping a constant check on their health, they were more than fine. Pinball would turn towards him, resting his own spear on his shoulder and suggest to split the loot right down the middle. Nodding with agreement, he would reply, "That sounds to be the best option" Miraak would also nod with approval. He really needed to get some backstory on the priest, but it sounded as if Pinball didn't know much or really did not care to tell. A gurgling noise was heard and the terrible stench returned to fill his nostrils. Turning on his heel, Jonathan watched as more of the Diseased Ones shambled towards the party. Sighing and readying his weapon, he would shoot towards at the enemies. As he neared the first of his opponents, he would swing his weapon powerfully, aiming towards the chest of his opponent. His weapon smashed into the first enemy, sending out a a powerful wave of energy. This wave of energy would the next enemies but the power would dwindle before it hit the last enemy. Only one of his enemies managed to return a hit back to him, but a healing wave from Miraak once more brought him back up to full health. He felt like saying some encouraging words to Pin, but decided quickly against it. 

Rolls (+3 ACC, -1 EVA)
114167 BD:10  MD:3 27*12=324 DMG
114168 BD:6  MD:8  26*12=312 DMG | 201-126=75 DMG Taken
114169 BD:5  MD:2  26*12=312 DMG
114170 BD:1  MD:3

(Miraak)114171 CD:4  BD:9  Holy Breath Activated: +200 HP for entire party

[2,1,1,0] @Morgenstern 1430/1430 HP | 77/134 EN | 21 DMG | 126 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA |  42 Thorns | 72 BH | 3 HM | 25% DoT Reduction
[0,0,0,0] @Pinball 980/980 HP | 88/98 EN | 19 DMG | 0 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 2 Frz Phase
[0,0,0,0] @Miraak 800/800 HP | 50 MIT | 2 EVA Holy Breath | Lord's Protection | Silent Night

Diseased One A: 346/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One B: 358/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One C: 358/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA
Diseased One D: 670/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA

• 3 months later...

As soon as one group was felled by the two lone players (and one NPC) another group emerged from the shadows, groaning as they forced their rotten bodies towards them with a malicious intent. Pinball handled his spear with a quick fluorish, sending scattered snow and shadow through the air. He glanced over at Morgenstern, but saw him charging towards the group already. So Pinball followed suit, launching himself into the group by jamming the butt of his spear in the ground and pole vaulting over his temporary allies. Cold Fervor flashed brightly in the gloom; Pinball was a whirling dervish of ice, snow, and color, cutting the Diseased Ones' health to smithereens. The only one that wasn't on their last legs was the one Morgenstern had missed - but it would follow the others soon. Pinball hopped back a few feet, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. He watched the group of monsters carefully... but he kept a closer eye still on the armored man beside him. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Sword Art [Weeping Moon] [-13 EN/+1 EN] {Well Rested} / Charge! +5 DMG and Bull Rush 
Diseased One A: ID#118461 BD: 9 (Crit+1) ~ 19+5+1= 25*9= 225 DMG + FREEZE 
Diseased One B: ID#118462 BD: 3+5= 8 (Hit!) ~ 19+5= 24*9= 216 DMG 
Diseased One C: ID#118463 BD: 2+5= 7 (Hit!) ~ 19+5= 24*9= 216 DMG 
Diseased One D: ID#118464 BD: 7 (Hit!) ~ 19+5= 24*9= 216 DMG 

[2,1,1,0] @Morgenstern 1430/1430 HP | 77/134 EN | 21 DMG | 126 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA |  42 Thorns | 72 BH | 3 HM | 25% DoT Reduction
[2,1,1,1] @Pinball 980/980 HP | 76/98 EN | 19 DMG | 0 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 2 Frz Phase

Diseased One A: 121/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA {FROZEN} {STUNNED}
Diseased One B: 142/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA {STUNNED}
Diseased One C: 142/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA {STUNNED} 
Diseased One D: 454/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA {STUNNED} 

As the former Co-Guildmaster of the Ascendants backed in, Pinball moved in with his spear, raining a new hell of ice and fury. The man's technique was great, and he used his weapon with mastery. However, Jonathan couldn't help himself from getting the eerie feeling that there was something more to the history of both the weapon and the man. Jonathan would switch his direction, returning to the fray of the battle. Keeping his weapon horizontal, he would attack his opponents with a sweeping motion, attempting to create a gash in their bodies. His attack was both powerful and accurate, sending the bodies flying back. The stench of death and decay filled the air as putrid smoke poured from the wounds of the dead. Shards of blue would fill into the air as the bodies would pixelate. One enemy remained in their way, holding onto a hundred or so hitpoints.

Miraak would step in front of the group, raising his staff into the air. The golden cross at the top would begin to glow fiercely. After a moment of eerie light and silent words being spoken by Miraak, a powerful light would come forth cleansing the area in its entirety. For a short moment, the air was clean and fresh and the heavy sunken feeling of the floor dispersed. Taking a breath and a step back, Miraak would look at the two players. "It is done. We should be able to reach the outskirts of Demon's End without opposition. From there we can take a direct route in, but I am not against snooping around a bit to see what we find"

Jonathan would sheathe his weapon, accepting half of the rewards from the monsters. Taking a breath, he would look towards the direction of the objective without saying a word. He still wasn't too comfortable with this player. They were allies of circumstance, as soon as a better opportunity came along, Pinball would most likely betray him. At least, that was his feeling.

Rolls - SA Used: Calamity Disaster ~ x12 AOE. 12+2(4)=20 EN Used
118620 BD:9 - 22x12= 264 DMG
118621 BD:10 - 23x12= 276 DMG
118622 BD:8 - 21x12= 252 DMG
118623 BD:6 - 21x12= 252 DMG
118624 CD:11 ~ Lord's Light : 300 Unmitigated DMG

[2,1,1,0] @Morgenstern 1430/1430 HP | 58/134 EN | 21 DMG | 126 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA |  42 Thorns | 72 BH | 3 HM | 25% DoT Reduction
[2,1,1,1] @Pinball 980/980 HP | 76/98 EN | 19 DMG | 0 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 2 Frz Phase

Diseased One A: 0/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA {FROZEN} {STUNNED}
Diseased One B: 0/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA {STUNNED}
Diseased One C: 0/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA {STUNNED} 
Diseased One D: 0/670 HP | 201 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA {STUNNED} 

LOOT ROLLS! (+3 LD)
118628 LD:1 Nothing
118629 LD:13 CD: 4 | 1 Rare Consumable / 1 Rare Weapon
118630 LD:4 CD: 2  | 1 Uncommon Consumable
118631 LD:13 CD: 3 | 1 Rare Consumable / 1 Rare Weapon

Loot Totals
20770 Col
Weapons: Rare Weapon[113116], Rare Weapon[113117], Rare Weapon[118629], Rare Weapon[118631]

Armors:

Consumables: Rare Consumable[113116], Rare Consumable[113117], Rare Consumable[118629], Uncommon Consumable[118630], Rare Consumable[118631]

Trinkets: Rare Trinket[113126]

Pinball watched the rest of the fight unfold from a relatively safe distance. It was funny, wasn't it, how fights seemed to drag on forever while only really lasting minutes, at most? Of course, that was with the exception of boss fights, but still... 

He lost himself in that train of thought. Miraak mopped up the last monster with a flash of golden light. That grabbed his attention. How much damage could Miraak put out, if he felt threatened-? For a hot seond, Pinball seriously considered attacking him, just to see what happened - but that was stupid. And he wouldn't do that. 

Pinball spared a glance at Morgenstern. Especially not with the way he kept eyeing him. The longer they stayed quiet, the more Pinball felt convinced this alliance would end on unfriendly terms. Well. He hefted his spear across his shoulders, the comforting chill of the frosty weapon coating his hands in a thin layer of ice. He'd deal with that when he had to. 

Pinball would follow along silenty. 

Taking a breath, Jonathan would follow Miraak in the direction of the quest. The silence between him and Pinball made him fear the outcome. He did not wish to bloody his hands again. He would rather not fight. Miraak remained silent as well, most likely fearing what would happen if he did. Soon, they would arrive at the edge of their destination, and Jonathan would take a moment to let the scenery sink in. In front of him were many buildings and houses, many reduced to rubble, and the others covered in holes or vines that had been growing on the side. The streets had been unmaintained and there was a good number of enemies within the area. Miraak would point forward, indicating where the target building was. This building was tall and wide. Turning to the spear-wielding Pinball, Jonathan would speak, the words kind. "We've got two ways to go here. We can take the long way around or the quick way in. Which do you prefer?" The blond kept his voice low and hushed as to not bring any monsters after them. He felt as soon as they were detected, they would be fighting a while.

• 2 weeks later...

The two would follow Miraak, walking alongside the NPC silently. The tension was palpable. He wasn't comfortable. He didn't care to be arrested again. Even though there wasn't much of a choice in the matter, Pinball's hands never left his weapon. 

Two ways to go - they could make it quick and get straight to the point, or they could take the long way and... what? Fight more? What was the point of going the long way? Pinball didn't understand, so he replied with a simple shrug. His icy expression never faltered. "I'll leave it up to you," he said evenly. "I don't really care." 

Curt and to the point, Pinball retreated back into his silence. He kept his eyes set straight ahead, at what Pinball thought Morgenstern had pointed out to be their target. But the teenager spared a glance at the corner of his HUD to check the time. How long had they been at it? He was surprised to see that not as much time had passed as he thought.