[SP-F01] Since Forever <<The First Few Lessons are Free>>

Pleue kicked her legs back and forth as she sat on the barren a cold stone wall. Her chocolate brown eyes were drifting off towards the sky, a sort of glazed look etching on them. Her gaze was directed towards a clump of clouds that took much of the space in the sky. Clouds in Venus are toxic, sulfur-dioxide, in fact. People would have fun breathing that in, a small chuckle came from her as she thought about that. Clouds in Saturn and Jupiter have ammonia; one nitrogen atom and three hydrogen atoms-- Her attention was broken when she felt multiple taps on her shoulder. "Oh, hey Cha--" She cut herself off as she turned around. Not, Chase, the thought nearly brought tears to her eyes. 

"Hey lady, can you get off there? You're freaking out the people who live in town," an unfamiliar man asked. She blinked and focused her attention on his facial features. He had green eyes, a distinct feature she has rarely ever seen. Green eyes, only two percent of the population in the whole world has it... or it was last time I remember checking it. Her attention was once again snapped when the man's face morphed into an enraged one.

Nearly squeaking, Pleue nodded her head ferociously before kicking herself off the wall with a nervous smile. "Of course, sir! Haha... sorry about that."

She stifled a sigh and shoved her hands into her pockets. I suppose it's time to actually do something. It's been almost a year and a half since... since Chase died. I can't stay walled up in this town anymore. Chase wouldn't want that. She smiled briefly to herself. He would tell me to suck it up and be a woman! I'm going to do that quest that I've always been thinking about doing-- the one that we've been thinking about doing. She swallowed the lump in her throat and walked off to the very shop she has been in so many times with her other half. Pleue sighed and gazed up at the looming alchemy shop in front of her. In the rabbit hole, I go.

Charlotte nearly stubbed her toe as she entered the shop, as a wooden table was placed right next to the entrance. A person once died from stubbing their toe. Rest. Ice. Compression. Elevation, she quoted from a website she had browsed on from who knows how long ago. As she stared at the table leg for a bit longer, she quickly snapped out of it and clapped her cheeks. No distractions! Must get this done! For my sake and Chase's! She sighed to herself and headed towards the back of the shop. An old man was working on a few potions, by the look of it. By the way he looked, she could see him being one of those Santa's you see in those malls every winter. As she was scooting closer to his table, he looked up and immediately put on a grin when he saw her. Nearly flinching under his intense stare, she gulped and let out a meek greeting. "Uhm, hello Zackiriah! Is there anything I can help you with right now?" She paused, "literally anything?"

He let out a hard laugh before placing his hands on his hips. "Course you can. I'm running low on materials at the moment, so I need you to fetch me something from 'round here. Five at a minimum, that sound alright with you?"  He finished, looking her dead in the eye.

Charlotte nodded her head and started shuffling towards the door. "Materials. Five. Got it!" She yelled in a high pitch voice before bolting out of the door. She scrambled out of the town, bumping into people, tripping over feer, and even almost falling face first into the ground. She finally made it to the entrance to the Town of Beginnings. She was practically out of breath by the time she had arrived there. Heaving over her knees, her eyebrows furrowed. Wait... I can't even get tired in here. She scoffed and rolled her eyes at her own stupidity. Shaking her head, she walked off, specifically towards the forest. She fiddled with a strand of her hair as she walked through the brush and forestry. Instead of fiddling with hair, she started messing around with her fingers instead. Oh dear, I don't think I have a good feeling about this. This forest is giving me the heebie-jeebies.

[OOC: FLASHBACCCKKK]

Charlotte fidgetted with her fingers as her brother gaped in awe at everything around them. "Charl, look at everything around here!" He gasped, whipping his head to his sister. "This all looks so real, right? I mean, it looks better than real life!" He grabbed her shoulder and pointed right at a bunch of grass and shrubbery. Charlotte blinked at the grass and furrowed her brows.

"It's just a bunch of grass," she mumbled, scratching her chin. "Chase," she began, "I think you have a problem. Like, how is this even remotely interesting? It's just a bunch of ones and zeroes. Even talking about frekin' worms are more interesting than this!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up into the air with exasperation. "Talking about worms," she continued, "did you know that there are two thousand seven hundred kinds of worms in the world? Also talking about high numbers, did you know that Charles Darwin studied worms for thirty-nine years?"

Spoiler

ID: 112534

LD: 1, Fail

Total Materials: 0

Edited by Pleue

Chase, or Reddle as his username suggested, gave her a blank stare before bursting into laughter. "Jesus, Charl," he bent down and put his palms on his knees, "you're really a weird one sometimes, huh?" He chuckled for a few more seconds before equipping his chosen weapon, a two-handed assault spear. He pointed the spear towards the endless lush green meadows and grinned. "You know, Charl, we're going to rise our way to the top. Frontlines, you know?" He turned his head towards his sister and grinned. "I'll be the strongest player... and I'll protect you and everything!"

Charlotte cracked a small smile at her twin and looked at the ground. "Yeah, that'd be fun." Stuffing her hands into her pockets, she chuckled softly. "We're going to be the best duo Aincrad has ever seen, right? Even though I can't fight that well... I could be one of those healers..! I've heard that those kinds of people are on the front lines too, right?"

Spoiler

ID: 112535

LD: 11, Success

Total Materials: 1

Edited by Pleue

Chase chuckled at her and nodded his head. "Yeah, yeah, you're right. Absolutely right." It was a rare occurrence to see his sister into a subject, and it made him happy. He was going to treasure the moment. "We're gonna do great in the front lines," he whispered, a small smile stretching across his face. "You and me. Maybe you could actually make some friends for once!" He laughed loudly, smacking her shoulder playfully as he did so.

Charlotte forced a wide grin and chuckled bitterly. "Yeah, maybe," she muttered in a hushed tone. She had never told her brother this, but when he said things like that, it made her enraged. Of course, her brother was a frekin' moron and couldn't pick up on anything. She didn't want to ruin their 'perfect' brother and sister relationship, so she kept her mouth. He was actually one of the few people who she actually cared about if they hated her.

Spoiler

ID: 112537

LD: 20, Success

Total Materials: 2

Edited by Pleue

Chase dug the butt of his spear into the ground, he cast her a sideways grin. "Even though we're only level one, we'll get there soon. Don't worry," he said with a bit of twinkle in his eyes. Wrapping his arm around his sister's shoulder, he sighed. "At least we're here together, huh?" He turned his head towards her and cast her a full out smile.

Charlotte looked down at her fidgety hands and smiled, mostly to herself. "Yeah... we'll be fine." She let out an inaudible sigh but smiled anyway. Charlotte picked at the handle of her rapier and stared at it for a couple seconds. "The modern weapon used in Europe during the Renaissance during the seventeen and eighteen hundreds..." she muttered quietly, turning her attention back to her brother who was smiling goofily at her. She pouted at him and mouth, "what?" He only bent down and started laughing again.

Spoiler

ID: 112549

LD: 15, Success

Total Materials: 3

Edited by Pleue

Chase finally finished off his laughing session and coughed loudly into his arm. "I-I'm sorry Charls... but you without your meds is frekin' hilarious sometimes!" He slapped the back of her back with his signature charming smile that made himself so popular in real life. He shook his head and chuckled briefly. "You're just quite a bit different in here than back at home, you know?" He smiled to himself and sat down on the grass. "I kind of like it. Kind of like when we were little."

Charlotte scrunched her eyebrows together and stared at her brother weirdly. "So you like me without my meds? You're so weird," she let out a small laugh and sat down next to him and smile. "I'm a lot more distracted here... but it's okay, kind of. I still want to go home though. It's nice here, but I just want to see Alex and Mom and Dad again."

Spoiler

ID: 112569

LD: 7, Fail

Total Materials: 3

Edited by Pleue

Chase stared at the ground blankly and nodded solemnly. "'Yeah, me too," he sighed, smiling sadly at his sister. His facial expression suddenly lit up and threw his arm around her shoulder. "Don't worry though! We'll make it out here together, right?" He turned his head towards her and grinned. "We'll get to see Alex, Mom, and Dad again!" His smile couldn't help but be contagious. Naturally, she gave a small smile back and fiddled with her fingers. 

"Yeah. Together," she whispered, a small smile caressing her features. "And they'll be waiting for both of us. Together," she said, a small chuckle radiating from her. "Hey, Chase?" She asked, making her brother turn his head towards her again. "I think I want to go hunting with you next time you go out to do it." Her brothers face lit up as she said that. He mouth, "really?" And to that, she gave a hopeful nod to him.

Spoiler

ID: 112574

LD: 13, Success

Total Materials: 4

Edited by Pleue

Charlotte didn't realize she was crying until she felt tears rolling down her cheeks. Sniffing away the snot in her nose, she smiled bitterly to herself. She sighed and scrunched her eyebrows together. I already gathered all of my materials already? She gave a genuine smile to herself and stood up because apparently, she was sitting on the forest floor. Patting off her lap, she sighed and started walking back to town. Sighing for the millionth time, she shoved her hands into her pockets and kicked a couple of rocks away from her. Frontlines. That is my goal. I'm doing this for you, brother. I couldn't have saved you, but I can save others from the fate that you shouldn't have had. She felt another tear trickle down her face but didn't make any move to remove it. That is my goal, and I'm going to accomplish it whether it kills me or not!

Spoiler

ID: 112583

LD: 19, Success

Total Materials: 5

Edited by Pleue