[F24-PP] <<Raging Rhino>> Anemone, I choose you! (Complete)

Floor 24 b4ca860ef8dfcf0df7ca5c431ab428d6.jpg
Panareze
Afternoon
Post Field Boss
Immediately follows conference

Baldur lead @Shield and @Anemone down from the restaurant they had been eating at, and had met with the other frontline tanks, and down to the arena floor. The arena was a thing of beauty. It wasn't as large as some of the others they had seen, but what it lacked in size, it made up for in character. Water, as was the theme of the floor, ringed the main combat platform. Tiers and tiers of stone bench seating rose up all around it, filled with the denizens of the floor and the occasional other player who was just now beginning to explore the floor and what it offered.

Baldur had no idea what they were in store for, but with this party, they were ready. To his knowledge, no one had yet completed any of the quests on the 24th floor.

"I sent a message to @Beat as well, asking him to meet us here. As soon as he joins us, I think we can start this quest. I saw it when I was scouting around for a place to have our meeting."

Turning back to face Shield and Anemone as he stood next to an NPC who looked straight out of a gladiator movie, Baldur smiled at them both.

"I'm sorry that I seem to be the odd man out, but I really don't know anything more about you than you're a healer, Anemone-chan. Do you have any of the skill mods that come along with first aid? It may be foolish of me, but I assume you at least have Field Medic for group heals. And uh... what weapon do you use?" Normally Baldur could tell, but he didn't see one on her. She was in a safe town, so she may not equip it, but she could also be  dagger user.

"Shield here is the best tank the frontline has available. We'll never have to worry about hate generation with him around. He's also a capable healer, which will be good in case you get low from AoE attacks. Beat, his counterpart, is the best damage in the frontline. I'm not quite as flashy, but I'm also in the top 5 damage dealers on the front. So with you on our team, we have a pretty solid party. I'm hoping, that by doing this quest together, we can get a feel for working with one another and be ready for any issue that might come up when it really matters. I don't know what we'll fight in this quest yet, but between Beat and I, I don't foresee it lasting very long."

Spoiler

Floor 24
<<Raging Rhino>>
Recommended Level: 40
Repeatable | Party Limit: 4

Rewards:

• 5,000 Col
  • SP
  • Rhino's Horn [Consumable]: (Applied to a Weapon. When attacking, on the First Crit, the attack ignores 40% Mitigation of the target it's attacking. If it is an AoE it only applies to the first target hit, not all 4. If this item is stacked with a Phase Weapon, the 40% Phase ONLY affects Block instead of overall Mitigation.) [This Item drops Once Per thread]

Requirements:

• Defeat Piasuhōn
  • At least 1 page (20 posts)

Summary:

On Floor 24, respect is earned through Combat in the Collesium. People gather from all around to see people compete and fight against creatures big and small. Here, the people like bloodshed and the violence and gore that the collesium brings with it. The Chief of the people here wants to see if you can truly hold your own against one of the scariest creatures they have, Piasuhōn. Piasuhōn, or Piercing Horn, is one of the mightiest, and craziest, beasts they have available in the Collesium. If you win, you earn fame and glory amongst the people and a large sum of money. But if you lose, The beast will devour you whole, and the people will forget your name as if it was nothing but a spec of dust under their boot. The choice is yours to make.

Outline:

Image result for War Rhino fantasy

[Note:  receives his own separate roll from the player]

<<Piasuhōn>> is a respawning field boss with the following statistics.

HP: 1,100
DMG: 300
MIT: 50
ACC: 2
EVA: 2

Abilities:

Piercing Horn: When Piasuhōn crits, Piasuhōn's attack goes through armor easily, dealing 50% Phase, including block.

Trained Eye: Piasuhōn is able to land critical hits more easily. His Crit scale is 8-10 instead of 9-10

Pure Rage: When Piasuhōn's health reached 550, he is overcome by a fit of rage, aiming to kill. He gains +100 Damage to his base attack but loses 1 Accuracy in his blind rage

Baldur uses 1 Yui's Tears donor perk

Edited by Baldur

She followed the others from out of the eatery but kept her eyes low to the ground. She had met both Beat and Shield on several occasions and partied with them so it was nice to have that familiarity. They had come a long way over the last few weeks since she dropped off from well mostly everything. This was probably her first time meeting the samurai who spoke with the grace of a Shogun, or at least she thought that was the proper name of the Feudal Japan Lords. She was quite honestly not sure on many things, but he seemed rather nice and that's all that she needed from the male known as Balder. 

When the questions of her skills were directed at her, she nearly tripped and fell over her own feet not expecting to answer or talk much about anything. She was always the healer in the group, she stayed back while others worked and when they needed her, she was there with the healing hand. So when the spotlight was on her, she gave a generous nod.

"I have all of the mods except for Purity which I am working on currently. I do have Field Medic, can't really call me a Healer without it." She said with a finger curling around into the fray ends of her pink hair. She would purse her lips together and then give a slight pout and shake her head, keeping her pink eyes away from the intended target but she knew it was rude to not talk to someone eye to eye. So she lifted her chin slightly and looked at Balder. "I'm sorry, but I don't have any weapon skills. I have put everything into the Support Skills. I have Gatherer though!" She seemed happy to at least still have that, though when it came to weapons or their related skills she didn't have any.

"God is my weapon and my shield, as silly as that is. He is my pillar and my stone. So I don't have a need for any weapons, you see? Don't worry though, I won't get in the way when you all attack...I'll just stay in the back and be quiet as a mouse." 

"We don't need you to be quiet, though you are welcome to be if that's what you prefer," Shield answered, giving Anemone a sidelong glance before returning his eyes to the coliseum ahead of them. "Don't feel too bad," he continued. "Until just recently, I didn't have a weapon skill either, and even now it's basically a formality. It's a decent balance though. With two supports, we can each sharpen the DPS regularly and also have some extra space to barrier and to tank respectively," he said, gesturing towards Anemone with his thumb and then to the center of his own chest.

"Beat will be here soon enough," he said, stopping beside Baldur as they sized up the quest NPC"With a non-combatant that beefy, they must really be trying to sell how tough our opponents will be. It may be for the best that we have a proper healer. It's usually wise to have one regardless, but this floor has been rough so far. New challenges in finding the labyrinth, new challenges in overcoming the boss once you find it... It's been one feat of skill after another to handle this floor, and with what we're seeing, it's probably foolish to treat this quest as anything but."

"You've got a great point Shield." Baldur said, considering his words about the challenges presented by this floor. It was true that the skill curve had ramped up here. They had struggled, but Baldur wasn't entirely convinced that it wasn't due to their own interpersonal conflict and not the floor. The Tank did raise a good point, however.

"I'm still pretty confident in the three of us being able to handle anything this floor throws at us, but with someone like Anemone on our team, if we can't work out standard battle tactics, we have the possibility of really becoming a professional team. With certain rotations and skill buff combos, there exists the potential to really show off what a well coordinated and organized group can do. This will only prove what we just discussed in the meeting about using quests and dungeons to train together, build trust, and use that cohesion to great effect. I'd really love it if we could get @Beat to throw together a few feasts for the floor boss as well, so that we can show how to efficiently coordinate group buffs for a fight."

Baldur tapped his chin in thought.

"I just had a thought to discuss with you @Shield about how to open up a fight. Do you normally <<Sharpen>> Beat before he launches his charge attack against the boss? I am assuming your normal first action is to howl. However, I have been built to be about as heavy as you can be while being light armor DPS, and I normally run with relatively high evasion. So what do you think about having your and Anemone's first actions be to <<sharpen>> Beat and I, and then you can howl on your second turn. That get's us closer to 100% uptime of <<sharpen>> AND it increases our alpha strike potential. It would really put us out front of all the other groups from the get-go, and chunk the boss for a huge fraction of its health at the start, when we're unharmed. With a bad boss, I could even use a safeguard the first time to test it out, and potentially migrate to a safeguard ring if the strategy works, or a damage ring if it doesn't."

"Now that sounds like a good aggressive strategy!" Beat spoke from behind the samurai player. He gave the elder player a wide grin and a salute to his traveling partner, Shield, before moving forward and giving his friend a few quick jabs in the ribs, "How goes it old man?" 

Beat would await their replies as the newest addition to their group caught his eye. He had heard enough to catch the woman's explanation of her abilities, causing him to look her up and down with little regard for how awkward it might have seemed. 

"A pure support player huh? You can't ask for anything more than that really. If this were a normal game, I think you would see more players doing it, since survival isn't supposed to be such a premium, but it is difficult to imagine foregoing a weapon skill and armor at the same time." Beat's face had taken on a somewhat serious expression which lasted all of two seconds before he grinned once again and held out his hand towards their newest addition. 

"I'm Beat. If you keep me healed, I'll keep your enemies dead!" He said brightly with a chuckle. 

Anemone didn't have much room to work with when it came to strategy, so she appreciated that at least with her they could be more aggressive with their tactics and allow her to do what she was normally good at doing. They supply the hurt, and she'll supply the heals. She bowed her head at Beat, and smiled, her hands moving from her center to her back as she let them continue on their strategy and tactics to take on their purpose here. When the topic of Feasts came about, Anemone had stepped forward happily but then she realized she didn't quite have that rank yet in the profession and just mildly adjusted the strap on her sandal and went about her business as the quiet Healer. 

Even without a sword in her hand or a sturdy mitigation passive on her skills set, the female figured she could still get by with the necessary tools she had in her arsenal. She would stay on standby until the group was ready to move now that the final player, Beat, had shown up. He was quite the energetic fellow, she found him to be quite amusing. With the softest of smiles on her face, the woman flicked back the white hair off her shoulder and tucked it behind her ear. 

"So I am going to open with <Sharpen>? Sounds easy enough." 

Shield gave Anemone a nod. "That's the general idea, yeah," he said, turning and gesturing to the sprawling, water-covered floor around them. "Since things up here tend to hit pretty hard, I'd imagine we'll want to put a focus on defense. Barrier might be in order after Sharpness, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. This isn't your first rodeo, so I'm sure you'll manage just fine." It had been some time since he had been in a fight with Anemone, and for that matter, at that time, the enemies in question did not pose a threat, so healing was not as necessary as it would likely be now. He was excited that he would finally get to see her properly in her element.

The coliseum awaited them, and he took in the sight of the great stone monument before returning his eyes to his party. "Well, do we need to do much as far as preparations?" he asked, summoning and subsequently popping the cork on an Immolation Potion, not to mention bringing out a haunch of meat that he began to chew offhandedly. "I'll throw on my usual just in case. It's not a major boss, so I can't expect it'll be life threatening, but I'd rather be prepared." He swallowed a bite and chugged that was left of the potion, letting the effects of his consumables buff him up to his usual fighting condition.

Consuming:

Immolation Potion +2 [+30 Thn]
T3 Iron Steak w/ Kitchen Bonus [+50 Mit]

Edited by Shield

"I think we'll still have a chance to buff up once we've taken the quest. You have to walk into the ring before it'll start the quest."Iason.jpg

Turning to the NPC, Baldur focused his eyes on the larger gladiatorial man. Baldur was not a small person, but this man was larger than him in both height and breadth of shoulder, as well as muscle mass. He had a spear in hand than was taller than the both of him, though his face was obscured by a helmet, you could still see a human face within. Above him was a large plume of horse hair, and a shield that seemed to be covered in fish scales that reflected the light differently depending on how you looked at it. It reminded Baldur of the Field Boss.

"Konnichiwa." Baldur greeted the NPC to kick off the dialogue tree.

"Omae!" The rude greeting startled the wanna-be Samurai, his eyes widening slightly at the sudden abrupt greeting and force of it.

"You look like you could die with a bit of panache." The helmet moved as if sizing Baldur up, and the NPC tried to stand at it's full height, rather than the relaxed, lazy pose he had kept while waiting.

"The Chieftain of the village is looking for some sport to take on the oddest creature we've found yet." The gladiator tamped the ground with the butt of his spear for emphasis, "Ha! It's called a... ey ah... Pie shoe horn."

The wanna-be samurai stared at the wanna-be gladiator incredulously.

"Apparently there are areas that have lots 'o these things, with grass as far as the eye can see. 'dunno 'ow the chief got one, but it gutted a few of the handlers likes it was nothin'."

Somehow the man managed to make spitting out through the small openings of his helmet work.

"So now we have a bounty. For every person who dies to the pie shoe horn, or whatever it's called, we increase the reward by 500 col. So's far we're up to... 5,000 col. What says ye? You in?"

A window popped up before Baldur as he turned to face the rest of his group. He looked at each of them to see if they had any reservations before he hit the accept button. With this group, he wasn't surprised to see anyone feel the need to back out.

"Sugoiiii! I finally got one! You and your friends go ahead and get ready then head on into the area. I'll go git'er ready for ya."

Baldur turned once more to the party as a small drawbridge was lowered so that they could cross the small moat onto the arena floor.

"I suppose this is the point where we buff up and head into the fight. I don't feel any great need to buff up for this fight, but I am going to use a bit of accuracy after what happened in the Field Boss fight. I might use a spare damage just cause I have a lot of non-perfect ones."

Baldur consumes (1) +2 damage crystal
Baldur consumes (1) +2 accuracy snack

Baldur's Combat Stats

Spoiler

» Baldur, The Gaijin Samurai

• Modified HP: 1230
  • Modified EN: 120
  • Modified MIT: 79
  • Modified ACC: +5
  • Modified DMG: 22 (Muramasa)
  • Modified EVA: 3
  • Battle Heal: 48
  • Search: +0
  • Temp Buff: +2 damage crystal
  • Temp Buff: +2 accuracy snack
  • Temp Buff:

» Base Stats

• Base HP: 1210
  • Base EN: 118
  • Base MIT: 79
  • Base ACC: 3
  • Base DMG: 19 
  • Muramasa Base DMG: 22 (No bonus from familiar)
  • Base EVA: 3
  • Battle Heal: 49 HP
  • Search: +0

» Items Equipped:

• Muramasa - +12 Damage
  • Montsuki haori - 54 DMG MIT/+1 EVASION
  • Emerald Teardrop - +2 ACC/+1 EVASION
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Medium Damage Potion x7 | Rare T2 Item | +2 Damage
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x1 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Max Mass HP Recovery Crystal x7 | Perfect T2 Item | +30*Target Tier (30/60/90)
  • Max T2 HP Recovery Crystal II x5 | Perfect T2 Item | +180 HP
  • Safeguard Potion x3 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard
  • HB: Max Vitality Snack x2 | Rare Tier 2 | Grants +12 Energy
  • EWL: Medium Antidote Potion x1 | Rare Tier 2 | Immune to negative status effects for 2 turns
  • EWL:
  • EWL:

» Skills:

• Searching | Rank 0/5 | +0 Bonus to LD, +0 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing| 4 Rank | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (45HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • Charge | 5 ranks | +1 base damage per rank (+5 damage) once per opponent per combat
  • One Handed Curved Sword | Rank 1/5 | Novice
  • Katana | Rank 5/5 | Grand Master
  • Light Armor | 5 Rank | +25 Mitigation
  • Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter|  2 Ranks | +6 base damage (Does not stack with equipment)
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post
  • Extended Weight Limit | Purchased | Increases Battle Ready Inventory by 3

» Mods:

•  Athletics: +1 DMG +30 HP
  •  Katana Precision: +1 to Accuracy
  •  Katana Ferocity: +1 damage on katana sword arts
  •  Sprint & Acrobatics: +1 Evasion
  • N/A

Edited by Baldur

Smiling softly as the feathered white tapered pink hair bounced from her shoulder, Anemone stood among the three men and folded her arms over the chest. Baldur took the lead of the group maintaining that Samurai-likeness to his character as he initiated the dialogue tree and quest opening for their journey. The woman stood, her pink eyes drawn from the three warriors to the hulking masterpiece of the gladiator. It was odd to hear the mixed greek theme of the arena with the Japanese lingo, very much a cross-culture kind of game. The Healer would guide her eyes away from the Gladiator and towards the arena entrance. She was beginning to put the two ideas together. So she wasn't exactly sure what their quest was but after some thought, whatever it was they were gonna hunt down was going to be within the arena. 

The pacifist would swing her arms away from her body as the others began to prepare for the match ahead by buffing their avatars. With a red glow to her hand, the female brought it up and about sending the crimson orb from her hand to Baldur's person. Even though he had buffed with some extra items, an extra bit wouldn't hurt. Besides, the game plan for the Healer was to buff her targets as was the intended decision by the leader of the group. She looked to the lead Tank, Shield, she assumed he would end up buffing his comrade in arms, Beat. The two of them combined equated to the aegis and the sword, the DPS and the Tank while Baldur would be playing the role of the DPS as well. 

With some energy spent, Anemone would then take several steps forward along with the rest of the group. The back of her hand sweeping off her shoulder the long white hair before her eyes closed for a brief moment and opened with that steel reserve she needed to crack open. 

Anemone:  HP: 780/780 || EN: 66/78 [-12] Sharpness to Baldur] || Mit: 54
Sharpness Cooldown: 0/2 [Baldur: +3 Dmg] || Barrier Cooldown: -/- 

Edited by Anemone
  • 2 weeks later...

Beat snickered at the NPC as he stammered through the quest introduction. He had forgotten how entertaining some of the quest lines could be and he instantly felt the need to give Shield an apologetic smile. He had become somewhat reclusive in recent months and he was beginning to realize how little that helped the frontlines. If he was going to carry the damage dealers of the frontlines to victory, he would need to behave more like a leader, at least in action. 

"Looks like the quests are still fun. I'll have to leave my house a little more often from now on won't I?" He said to his partner before watching Anemone apply her sharpness buff to Baldur. It would be good to have a dedicated support player on the frontlines and he summoned his spear in anticipation of receiving his own buff from Shield.

"Alright guys, let's claim that bounty!"

Battle Stats: 

Spoiler

Consuming Spot-On Tea (+1 ACC)[ID#93372] and using Filling to add another +1 ACC

Activating Noxious Pendant: +1 Blight and +1 Envenom (O)

Battle stats

Name Beat
Level 54
Guild Celestial Ascendants
Rank Sentinel
Hit Points 1125/1125
Energy Points 108/108
Damage 20
Mitigation 18
Evasion 0
Accuracy 7
Loot Die 1
Prosperity 0
Additional Buffs None

Housing Buffs

Spoiler
Buff Effect Uses
Well Rested -1 EN cost 3/3
Squeaky Clean -25% DOT dmg / turn 1/1
Hard Working +2 Crafting Exp & +1 Attempt  
Filling +1 T1 slot to 1 food Item 1/1
Relaxed HP regen now 45/turn OOC  
Item Stash +1 Battle Ready Slot  
Multipurpose +2 on Certain Rolls/10 Posts  
Delicious Feast from 3 same food  
Skylight (Searching) +1 to LD  
Advanced Training +2 SP for one thread/month  

Skills

Spoiler
Skills Rank
Heavy Armor 3/5
Search and Detect 1/5
Charge 5/5
2H Spears 5/5
Quick Change  
Extended Mod Limit 1/3

Mods  
Ferocity [2H Spears]  
Finesse [2H Spears] 3/3
Precision [2H Spears]  
Stamina [2H Spears]  
Athletics (Heavy Armor)  
Bull Rush (Charge)  

Extra Skills  
Concentration [Extra Skill]  
Survival [Extra Skill]  
Marital Arts [Extra Skill]  

Familiar Skills  
Fighter 3/3

Equipment

Spoiler
Item Tier Enhancements
Eagle's Splendor 1 +3 ACC
Spear of Destiny 2 Absolute Accuracy, Holy Damage, Bleed

Ring of Strong Will 3 +1 Damage
Noxious Pendant 3 P. Imm., Use: +1 Envenom(O), +1 Blight.

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler
Items Type Tier Quality Quantity Enhancement
Basic Teleportation Crystal Crystal 1 Uncommon 4  
Healing Crystal Potion 2 Rare 3 HP Recovery
Swords Dance Potion Potion 2 Perfect 2 Damage
Safe Guard Potion Potion 1 Perfect 5 Safeguard
Power Bar [Vitality] Snack 2 Rare 3 Vitality
Shi's Talon 2H Spear 2 Perfect 1 Absolute Accuracy, Paralyze, Freeze
Bulwark H. Armor 3 Perfect 1 Mitigation

Edited by Beat

Passive [+0 EN] Battle Healing [+0 HP] Holy Blessing [+0 HP] Cool Downs - Sharpness [0/1]

Action: Sharpness > Beat [-11 EN, 2/3 Housing Bonus]

[H:0] Shield - HP: 1641/1710 | EN: 151/162 | MIT: 231 | THN: 99 | BH: 85 | EVA: -1 | LD: 5 | DMG: 2 | ENV [D]: 18/4 | HB: 48
[H:0] Baldur - HP: 1210/1210 | EN: 66/78 | MIT: 79 | BH: 48 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 22 [+3] | ACC: 5
[H:0] Anemone - HP: 780/780 | EN: 118/118 | MIT: 54 
[H:0] Beat -  HP: 1125/1125 | EN: 108/108 | MIT: 18 | BH: 48 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 20 [+3] | ACC: 7 | LD: 1 | AAC

<<Piasuhōn>> HP: 1,001/1,100  | DMG: 300 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 - ID# 112920 results: MOB: 3 [+2+1=6 - Hit! 300-231=69 (teehee) dmg, THN: 99 dmg]

Abilities:

Spoiler

Piercing Horn: When Piasuhōn crits, Piasuhōn's attack goes through armor easily, dealing 50% Phase, including block.
Trained Eye: Piasuhōn is able to land critical hits more easily. His Crit scale is 8-10 instead of 9-10
Pure Rage: When Piasuhōn's health reached 550, he is overcome by a fit of rage, aiming to kill. He gains +100 Damage to his base attack but loses 1 Accuracy in his blind rage

Shield acknowledge the statement Beat had made, but he did not comment on it. As it was, he didn't really know how to respond to the extended absence of the player from front line activities. Aside from the very essentials of pushing the front lines forwards, the young spearman had been all but gone from the front lines. He extended his sword arm, watching as a similar sphere of red energy gathered at the tip. It was more costly than simply donating energy, as it had to be converted from its base form into damage. Still, it was a worthwhile investment. As minmaxed as the two were, every opportunity to maximize Shield's defense and Beat's offense were well worth it.

The gate behind them shut, and ahead of them another began opening. Before it had finished, however, the thing behind it got impatient. A horned quadruped charged through the portcullis, bending the flat bars like they were little more of an obstacle than the air around them. Their opponent, shaped like a beastly multi-horned rhinoceros, stamped and bucked, kicking its hind legs out like a horse before spotting the adventurers ahead of it. Shield, in the little time they had, tossed the red sphere of light towards Beat and ran in front of the others, raising his shield to just under his eyes, so he could watch the rhino. It pawed at the ground and charged once again. Bracing himself for the impact, Shield put his shoulder into the barrier.

The clash was powerful, and if not for the Stone Wall mod, he surely would have been thrown back. He managed to ignore most of the damage, though a tiny sliver disappeared from his health. In front of him, he felt the beast shoving hard, tossing its great head and snorting angrily. "So far, so good! I'll grab its attention after you all get in a swing!"

Edited by Shield

Baldur watched as Shield took an impressive charge from the Rhino like creature. It loomed over them, and it looked as if any lesser tank, like one not known as the Immovable Object, might have been thrown from that kind of a clash, but Shield was made of sterner stuff, and the assault did so little to the tank's health bar that Baldur couldn't judge how much of a thread the creature was. Most creatures would net zero against Shield's defenses, but they would have to see if the <<Battle-Healing>> or <<Holy Blessing>> on his armor would tick or if his health bar had not moved.

"Well, here we go. Beat, I'll pull it to the right, you go in for the exposed flank."

Stepping forward with his right foot, Baldur took the stance that would activate <<charge>> and he focused all his <<concentration>> on the creature, making sure that he would land the hit exactly where he wanted to. The tugging of the system trying to activate his <<San Ge>> sword art pulled at Baldur's limbs in a familiar way, but he ignored them until the moment was right. Shield rebuffed the attack, and the Rhino snorted, looking for another opportunity to attack, but that was when Baldur released his sword art.

He became a streak of blue haori and orange gold armor as he streaked towards the monster faster than a human could move in the real world, and as he drew the <<Muramasa>> the red light of the sword art exploded from the dark saya as he cut ribbons of light into the air over and over again, each one tearing into the digital model of the creature until it culminated with a powerful overhand chop, cleaving the creature, and its health bar, in twain.

"Let's see what you can do Beat!"

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+0 HP] Cool Downs - Concentration [0/3]

Action: San Ge with Concentration and Charge > Piasuhon [-15 EN, 2/3 Housing Bonus]
ID#112924 BD: 8+1+5-2=(hit) San Ge: 25 (base) +5 (Charge) x15= 450 DMG - 50 MIT = 400 DMG Dealt

[H:0] Shield - HP: 1641/1710 | EN: 151/162 | MIT: 231 | THN: 99 | BH: 85 | EVA: -1 | LD: 5 | DMG: 2 | ENV [D]: 18/4 | HB: 48
[H:1] Baldur - HP: 1230/1230 | EN: 106/120 | MIT: 79 | BH: 49 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 22 [+3] | ACC: 5 | Conc (0/3)
[H:0] Anemone - HP: 780/780 | EN: 118/118 | MIT: 54 
[H:0] Beat -  HP: 1125/1125 | EN: 108/108 | MIT: 18 | BH: 48 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 20 [+3] | ACC: 7 | LD: 1 | AAC

<<Piasuhōn>> HP: 601/1,100  | DMG: 300 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

Abilities:

Hide contents

Piercing Horn: When Piasuhōn crits, Piasuhōn's attack goes through armor easily, dealing 50% Phase, including block.
Trained Eye: Piasuhōn is able to land critical hits more easily. His Crit scale is 8-10 instead of 9-10
Pure Rage: When Piasuhōn's health reached 550, he is overcome by a fit of rage, aiming to kill. He gains +100 Damage to his base attack but loses 1 Accuracy in his blind rage

Edited by Baldur

On 3/4/2019 at 8:03 PM, Baldur said:

[H:0] Shield - HP: 1641/1710 | EN: 151/162 | MIT: 231 | THN: 99 | BH: 85 | EVA: -1 | LD: 5 | DMG: 2 | ENV [D]: 18/4 | HB: 48
[H:1] Baldur - HP: 1230/1230 | EN: 106/120 | MIT: 79 | BH: 49 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 22 [+3] | ACC: 5 | Conc (0/3)
[H:0] Anemone - HP: 780/780 | EN: 67/78 | MIT: 54 
[H:0] Beat -  HP: 1125/1125 | EN: 108/108 | MIT: 18 | BH: 48 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 20 [+3] | ACC: 7 | LD: 1 | AAC

<<Piasuhōn>> HP: 601/1,100  | DMG: 300 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

Abilities: 

"So... what are we wooooo!" Before Anemone could finalize her comment on what they were going to be fighting, a blast of air followed by a crashing sound running into Shield's aegis had thrown her hair into a frenzy from the wind. The creature snorted and exhausted its anger into the first coming charge as its mighty legs stamped into the earth. The woman nearly jumped back several feet but Shield had kept it at bay with a feet planted firmly and becoming an immovable object.

The healer blinked several times taking a look at the sliver of damage that Shield had taken feeling that the initial blow and shock would have decreased his health. But it seems the rumors that Shield was nearly invincible were true. She tucked her hands behind her back and smiled, and then the samurai to her left had blew by her to attack the thick skin of the monstrous Quest Boss. Her eyes remained fixed on him as he became a blur of colors and then finished his blow gathering the accumulated hate to his avatar. But there was still one more DPS in the group that could possibly shave another layer of health off this dangerous beast.

The woman lifted a hand and her fingers collided with the ends of her hair twirling the strands into small coils. No one was in any immediate danger, and using her <Barrier> skill did not seem to be worthwhile to use at the moment. She took the gathering moments to read the quest and nodded to herself, she would save the energy intensive skill for later when the creature would drop to its critical phase.

• 2 weeks later...

Beat snatched the orb of energy Shield had passed to him and watched it disappear as it always did, but this time, it caused his head up display to show an additional buff. Beat recognized it immediately and let a wide grin spread across his face as he activated his charge skill which seemed to ignite a red aura around his body.

“This should be fun. I’ve got something new I’ve been wanting to try, so this creature seems fitting.” He said, referring to the new modification he had assigned to his charge skill. The creature was more of a rhinoceros, but the similarities were enough to make the young player feel good about it.

Beat held his spear behind him and to the side as he pushed hard off of the ground, propelling himself towards the deadly creature at blistering speed. In moments he was in the creature’s face and assaulting it with his signature attack, an additional rumble added to each strike from his recent SP expenditure. 

"Oh yeah, that was nice." He said, leaping backwards to a safe distance. He grinned at the staggering creature, pleased that two attacks had been sufficient to drop it into the red, "You're not so tough. Tell me there is more than this."

Spoiler

Action: Dimensional Stampede + Charge (Bullrush) vs Piasuhōn | - 12 EP

Well Rested: 2/3

ID# 113273: BD- 6 + 7 - 2= 11 = hit 

DMG: 28 * 15 = 420 - 50 = 370 + stun

[H:0] Anemone - HP: 780/780 | EN: 67/78 | MIT: 54 
[H:0] Beat -  HP: 1125/1125 | EN: 96/108 | MIT: 18 | BH: 48 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 20 [+3] | ACC: 7 | LD: 1 | AAC

<<Piasuhōn>> HP: 231/1,100  | DMG: 300 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2   *Stunned* 

Abilities: 

Edited by Beat

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+85 HP] Holy Blessing [+48 HP] Cool Downs - Sharpness [1/1]

Action: Focused Howl > Piasuhōn [-7 EN, 2/3 Housing Bonus]

[H:6] Shield - HP: 17101/1710 | EN: 145/162 | MIT: 231 | THN: 99 | BH: 85 | EVA: -1 | LD: 5 | DMG: 2 | ENV [D]: 18/4 | HB: 48
[H:0] Beat -  HP: 1125/1125 | EN: 96/108 | MIT: 18 | BH: 48 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 20 [+3] | ACC: 7 | LD: 1 | AAC

<<Piasuhōn>> HP: 231/1,100  | DMG: 400 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2   *Stunned* 

Boss Ability - Pure Rage [+100 dmg, -1 acc]

With the beast near dead, Shield knew that using his Howl skill would be essentially useless. However, he was not going to go down in the annals of Aincrad as the tank that left a powerful boss unthreatened and allowing it to come back and crit a party member. With a slow, intentional gait, he stepped over to the rhinoceros and took in a slow, deep breath of air. He sheathed his sword briefly in the strap of his shield and, grabbing the monster's horn, he blasted a full breath of air at the immobilized foe.

"We came all this way and went through all of that quest build-up, and you barely withstood the first strike?" he roared, sending Piasuhōn's rough fur tossing in his gale of sound and wind. "I've seen tougher monsters than you in measly little dungeons three floors down from here!" The eye of the coliseum's prized animal were livid, narrowing into slits that burned with an intense hatred. However, with its body unable to react, the was the only clue to the unbridled rage that Shied saw on the other side of its large glassy eyeballs. "Well, I'm not really concerned with who does it, but let's kill this thing and find something more interesting to do."

• 9 months later...

Baldur took the initiative, charging forward at the Rhino now that it was almost dead. He wanted to get the last hit, and show off what they were capable of as a group, but his arrogance ran ahead towards the boss even faster than the gaijin samurai. The ring was narrow, and didn't leave them a lot of room to manuver, so when the boss stomped hard enough, the ring floating in the water shook, and that was enough to force Baldur from his feet, sliding to the ground and lmost going over the edge himself as his sword art failed to fire and left him momentarily out of the fight.

Dammit, Baldur swore to himself as he tried to push himself to his feet but the Piasuhon was already bearing down on Shield. The tank could take it, but he wasn't going to let someone else carry the weight for him.

ID#132779 BD: 1 (miss), -1 Energy, +1 Energy

[H:6] Shield - HP: 17101/1710 | EN: 145/162 | MIT: 231 | THN: 99 | BH: 85 | EVA: -1 | LD: 5 | DMG: 2 | ENV [D]: 18/4 | HB: 48
[H:1] Baldur - HP: 1230/1230 | EN: 105/120 | MIT: 79 | BH: 49 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 22 [+3] | ACC: 5 | Conc (0/3)

<<Piasuhōn>> HP: 231/1,100  | DMG: 400 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2   *Stunned* 

The Piasuhon rushed Shield, landing a heavy blow and throwing the tank into the water that surrounded the platform they fought on. The next target would be Baldur, judging from their threat, and just as the Gaijin Samurai realized that, the large monster whirled to face him, its giant tusk gleaming in the light and the cheers of onlookers rushed around them in a renewed frenzy.

Tsk. Was all Baldur could vocalize before it came for him, but in a split second decision, Baldur rushed the creature as well, cutting off his other companions and snapping into the <<San Ge>> sword art as soon as it was in range, and the sword art system took hold of his limbs, moving them faster than he ever could. The giant arcs of red light which emanated from the Muramasa tore into the rhino like creature even as it closed in on the Samurai, but the overwhelming damage broke the creature's 3d form into thousands of glimmering shards which were the only thing to wash over the Samurai, rather than being broken himself into constituent polygons.

Piasuhon ID#132895 BD: 8-1(rage)+1(Shield Evasion)=8 (hit) for 400-231=169 dealt
Baldur ID#132896 BD: 3+5-2=6 (hit) 25x15=375-50(mit) = 325 DMG Dealt

[H:2] Baldur - HP: 1230/1230 | EN: 105/120 | MIT: 79 | BH: 49 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 22 [+3] | ACC: 5 | Conc (0/3)

<<Piasuhōn>> HP: 231/1,100  | DMG: 400 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2   

Edited by Baldur

With the practice of a thousand battles, the samurai whirled his katana in a chiburi, clearing blood from the blade that wasn't there, then slowly sheathing the sword once more at his side. As the sword *clicked* into its sheath, Baldur slowly let go of the handle of the katana, throwing away what was left of his adrenaline and letting go of the combat nerves. The noto was a concept as well as an action, and it was one that not enough people learned. When the fighting was done, you needed to leave it behind. You needed to sheath your sword, but you were also a weapon that needed to be sheathed. Returned to peace and rest.

It was the lesson he had hoped to each Teayre, so that she could lose some of the rage and fury that coursed through the very being of who she was. Perhaps return her to the person whom Calrex had married in what seemed like years ago.

Now that they had cleared the quest, the NPCs were descending from their seats, and the chieftain was coming up to them to give them there reward, but Baldur just turned to smile at his friends. Their new team worked well, though this wasn't much of a test for them giving how easily they had overcome it. Still, there was potential there. They could do this. Hone this group to a boss killing machine.

"Well guys, I think this proved out poor. Good work. Now, how about we go and celebrate together? Maybe next, we try to take on an Advanced Dungeon Boss?"

Baldur smiled to each of them one at a time, then all together before putting his arms around Shield and Beat, the two he knew the best, and the partners in crime of his.

"I think this is the beginning of a new partnership, and a very successful one at that."