[PP-F16] Is it Cuddle or Cuttlefish? <<Feeding your Enemy>>

Charlotte kicked off her boots and sighed in relief as her feet touched the sand. "Talk about a death game, this feels more like a frekin vacation!" She exclaimed under her breath. She was currently at the small village of Zugaikotsushima. As she stretched her arms, she nearly ran away from a small figure just a little bit shorter than her in the corner of her eye. She inhaled sharply and almost exploded when the (from what she presumed) NPC approached her. Charlotte immediately recognized who this certain NPC was and grinned. 

She let out a sigh of relief as the NPC smiled robotically at her and walked away. Poking at the pouch warily, she eventually just shrugged it off and placed it in her inventory.  Alright, I'm in the islands. What kind of familiars can I get here? Fish? Sharks? Octopodes? And octopus would be pretty cool. But what kind of familiar?

Arthur walks down the shore line, barefoot in his blue jeans after a long day in the fields. “Nothing like taking load off at the beach.” He watches the horizon when he hears a girl over about 100 feet to the right of him. Damn, I wanted to be here alone. Much more fun when there’s no one to keep making noise. He throws his cigar out into the water as far as he can. It explodes into a blue cloud right as it hits the water and  the splash dissipates before it even starts.

”Howdy. I assume you’ve been here a while.” He tips his hat towards the girl and looks over at the NPC walking away. “So, what’re you up to? I reckon something relaxing.” He smiles politely and takes his hat off. “If not, would you like help with whatever that NPC asked you to do?” He equips his boots with the spurs to complete the cowboy ensemble like from the western films.

@Pleue

She nearly lost her sh- crap when a random voice addressed her. Turning towards the person in the hat, she giggled in a high pitched voice. "H-hi! Yes, relaxing! Very, very relaxing," she laughed again and twiddled with her fingers. Raising her eyebrows, she looked up at the stranger. "Really? I-I mean, that would be much appreciated. I'm still pretty low leveled and everything and this is a pretty high floor and all. And it's a volcanic island of all things!" She continued, not realizing she had started rambling again. "Talking about islands, there are about two thousand of them on Earth, but we're not really on Earth, y'know. And talking about islands and water and everything, there are about three hundred and thirty-two million square miles of ocean there is in the world and..." she inhaled, forgetting that she had not taken a breath since the talk about volcanoes.

@Clyde

“Oh we got ourselves a smarty pants here don’t we?” He chuckles for a moment and then tilts his head and smirks, pulling out another cigar and lighting it as he speaks again. “They’re cool facts.” He puffs from the cigar and holds his hat as he reaches out for a handshake. “The name’s Clyde, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” He smiles, the scruff on his face mixing with his southern accent to reveal exactly where he’s from. I reckon she’s probably looking for one of those familiar things I’ve seen following the players while they prance about. That would explain the NPC walking away. “So what are we doing other than spouting interesting facts about the world we once lived in?” He raises one eyebrow seeing if he can confirm the suspicion he had. It wasn’t gonna change the outcome, it’s just nice to know if he’s gonna have to fight with his Arkansas Toothpick. His hand drops back towards the dagger as he stands, waiting for the answer.

@Pleue

Charlotte let out another high pitched giggle and opened her menu unconsciously. "Yeah, that's me! Good ol' smarty pants..." she chuckled with force. Pulling out the garlic bread she had bought from Neopolitan earlier, she stuffed it into her mouth with no context. Nearly gagging, she held a finger up and turned around. It took her a full thirty seconds and five milliseconds regain herself and turn around. She hesitantly shook his hand and smiled sheepishly and nervously. "Likewise, I'm Charlotte- Pleue!" She sputtered, nearly smacking herself for being so stupid. "A-ah, yeah. I'm doing that familiar quest thing... I figured why not?" She laughed to herself bitterly. "I need a buddy around after... I need a buddy! Buddies make life easier!" She said robotically, blinking her eyes a few times.

-Golden Garlic Bread (+3 LD)

@Clyde

Edited by Pleue

The man can’t help but chuckle for a moment. So much bread, not enough time. Does she plan to finish that all in one go? “Wow, that’s impressive. I’ve never seen anyone stuff their face so... Elegantly.” He blinks a few times before standing up straight and taking a quick breath. “Buddies can be great, but a buckaroo is always better. No pair of outlaws ever claimed to be buddies.” He smiles and nods, stroking the facial hair around his mouth as he thinks for a moment. As he thinks he tilts his head. “What do you reckon you’ll get? I heard you can use those snacks on anything, got any ideas?” He puffs the cigar and puts it out with his boot, the spurs ringing as he shakes his foot smashing it into blue pixels. “I figure a lady like yourself would like something small and cute, but also fun. Those small dogs in the real world do nothing but annoy me. Sittin’ in those cutlets’ purses growlin’ at any passerby. Then they have the audacity to give you an evil glare. Down in Texas, if a dog weighs less than 40 lbs, it was a cat.” He stops himself from bashing on cats in front of a young lady like the misses right there in front of him. “My apologies ma’am, I reckon you’ve get better things to do than hear of a cowboy’s struggles.” He looks out towards the horizon once again.

@Pleue

She coughed into her shoulder sheepishly. “Shove it, cowboy,” she muttered, shoving her hands in her pockets. “Isn’t ‘buckaroo’ something a pirate would say? I don’t think that’s a term that’s been bouncing the Wild West,” she scoffed, blinking a few times. “But of course you can always use it. It’s a free coun- floating island in a game!” Shrugging her shoulders, she let out a small yawn. “Dunno, I don’t want one of those alligators here. Not a fan of sharp teeth,” Charlotte shuddered, a chill going through her spine. She just personally wanted a buddy to be with, she could care less about the enhancements. That was just a bonus for her. “... There are only two species of alligators in the world. The American one, and the Chinese one. But then again, people would usually think there’s more since crocodiles are thing when in fact there aren’t but they just look alike and so people say, ‘frick’ it’ cause they don’t give a bloody damn about it!” She let out a tiny squeak and inhaled again. Sighing at her stupidity, she turned her head slightly towards Clyde. “Do you have a certain enhancement item that I could borrow?”

@Clyde

Edited by Pleue

Clyde tilts his head for a moment, and he thinks. “I was my brothers’ buckaroo.” He tries to think back to all the pirate movies he watched and what they would call each other. Swashbuckler? No, uh... she’s too smart to think that. Maybe... His eyes light up for a moment then they revert back to normal. “I reckon you’re thinking of Buccaneer.” He sits on the beach, removing his pancho to reveal his regular clothes covered in light leather and metal as he watches the sunset. His entire left arm is covered in light metal and glory bits, and it’s resting on the handle of a beautiful knife handle. Then her question about items with enhancements came up, and he pulls out a necklace with a sword on the end. The hilt on the tiny sword was golden, while the blade was black. “I’m sure my friend won’t be needing this back, so you keep it.” He smirks and stands up, holding the necklace out towards her, “And if he does have a problem, I’d be obligated to take care of it.” His hands rest on his belt as he talks to the girl. I don’t think she liked my earlier comment on her elegance. Maybe if I say something about it, she won’t dislike me. Turning his country boy charm up to 11 he nods to her, takes off his hat and smiles. “I didn’t mean any disrespect, I thought is was beautiful. Not many girls would let a man see that.” He stops smirking, taking on a more serious look. “Just like my sister.” 

-item given: Kadin’s luck (+3 LD)

@Pleue

Charlotte’s eyes fell to the ground and she nodded. “I see. I guess I gotta keep up with that kind of stuff,” she chuckled, her fingers tangling themselves in one another. “Anyway, I figured I’d be going to the tide pools in this floor. I’m not sure if there are any but I’m sure that there’s some here. That’s probably where all of the lower leveled monsters are anyways,” Charlotte muttered the last part sheepishly. The girl looked up at the clear blue sky and sighed, she wasn't sure on how long this whole quest would last, but she just wanted the day to be over already. A surprised expression took over her face. "R-really? I mean, thanks." Her eyes gleamed as she took the necklace. "It's pretty. Uhm... I'll return it to you eventually. I might not need it later but I'll message you if I want to return it." Charlotte's face turned as red as a tomato and she giggled another high pitched laugh. "Beautiful, no! Sir, thi must jest!" 

@Clyde

-Received <<Kadin’s Luck>>: +3 LD

Edited by Pleue

Clyde laughs as she turns red and he looks out towards the ocean. “I reckon that plan’ll work, depending on what you’re looking for.” He turns his attention back to the small girl. She knows a lot, smart people tend to do better. Just like my sister she is also easy to fluster. This is gonna be fun. He slides his hat off and puts it into his inventory. “While we wait, we could always go swimming. I’m sure it’s better than just hanging out on the beach waiting for something to come to you.” He walks towards the water, removing his boots. “It’s up to you kid. But take too long and I’ll decide for you.” He stands and waits for an answer as he spins his legs and looks at her. Maybe I can make a new friend out of this. It’d be nice to have some one to talk to every now and then.

The man strokes his facial hair and smiles. “I’m not making jokes if that’s what you mean. I try to lie as little as possible.” He smiles, stroking his facial hair once again. His legs drop out from under him as he sits with his legs stretched out and his arms holding him up from behind him.

@Pleue

She shrugged, still recovering from her tiny panic attack. "I'm not looking for much, a tiny familiar will do." Charlotte tugged on her index finger and sighed. The ocean was pretty, too pretty, in fact. You probably couldn't find this many beaches in real life. Smiling softly at Clyde, she shook her head and chuckled. "I'm not too much of a swimmer. My brothers used to tease about that actually, they'd say I would space out in the middle of a swim and drown," she giggled to herself. "You can do that if you want, I'll just be looking for the little rascal." Charlotte kicked some sand with her bare feet and smiled to herself.

Looking up at Clyde, she shrugged. "I see... well, I must say you have a very unique taste in women." Charlotte laughed, looking around the beach for any signs of life of some sorts which, if she were to say, was nonexistent.

@Clyde

Cullen equips his hat once again, and he puts on sunglasses. “So we’re lookin’ in the shallow water?” He asks, moving next to her, when she brings up his taste in women. “I figure if I’m gonna be good at cookin’, my gal better be okay with eatin’. All the high maintenance lasses who never eat, worried about what they wear and which celebrity they look like, they only eat salad.” His hands rake through the wet sand as he begins to form something in the sad, like he’s trying to build something. “I learned to cook at the age of 13, Father told me it’d be a great way to get the attention of ladies. I’m okay with any woman, but if she doesn’t like my cookin’ I won’t be so uppity anymore.” His eyes move up to her again, his hands having made the shape of a house, and the tide running up and tearing it down. “Sorry, didn’t mean to vent like that.” His eyes move back down to where the structure was. That was weird, how am I supposed to explain that one? He looks kind of worriedly at the ground and thinks. The look of introspection holding tightly to his face.

@Pleue

Charlotte nodded her head and swallowed a yawn. She kicked a few more patches of sand and blinked at it. "About seven quintillion grains of sand make up all of the sand in the world," she mumbled to herself. Her eyes twitching, she gave herself a mental slap and clapped away the sand on her hands. "R-right. Shallow water. I'm pretty sure all of the mobs in the deeper water have a potential to... one shot me." The last few words felt weird on her tongue and the only reason she knew them was that her brother was constantly screaming them on the top of his lungs back at home. Tilting her head, she shrugged her shoulders. "I can't blame them. Us girls want to look pretty and ideal. No big deal, either. You've seen me rant a couple times." Charlotte smiled bitterly to herself but rubbed her hands together in excitement. 

@Clyde

The man sits down and rakes his hands through the sand. The way he moves makes it look like he’s very experienced at looking for smallcritters in shallow water. “Do you know the trick?” He shoves his fingers into the sand and almost turns it over as he pulls it back. “I used to find critters like this, they’re good bait for catfishin’. I reckon we won’t be using the critter we find fer fishin’, that wouldn’t be so kind.” He chuckles, leaving a trail of overturned sand, small critters like worms and snails crawling their way through the mess. “You ever been fishin’ miss?” He asks, curious to know just how deeply their differences run.

I guess having a new friend in her would be very boring. All she does is respond. Has she even started one conversation? He hands her his hat. “Mind holdin’ this for a moment? I’ve got somethin’ to do.” He runs into the water, drawing his knife and diving in, removing his shirt so he’s just in his jeans as he swims down towards the small animal he just saw. This is the best way to fish. He reaches out, grabbing a small animal and slashing it’s guts and swimming back up to the surface, breathing in deeply through his nose with a fish in his mouth, flailing around. His hand moves out as he swims towards the shore, and he spits the fish out. “Back home that’s how we did it.” He takes the material and throws it away. “I reckon we shouldn’t keep spoils so easily taken. Ain’t nothin’ free in this world.” He grabs his hat, putting it back on his head as he nods at her, and he equips his shirt. “Thanks for holdin’ my hat ma’am.” 

@Pleue

Charlotte tilted her head as she examined the technique. Snapping her head to meet him in the eye, she let out a nervous laugh. "I have once.... but I didn't really catch anything. I left that stuff up to my brothers," she said sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck. "I lived in a pretty urban area growing up so I didn't get to do a bunch of outdoors stuff." She shrugged, kicking more mounds of sand away from her.

Gripping on to his hat, she watched him carefully as he dove into the water. Wincing at the... special scene in front of her, she chuckled wryly. "How unique." She blinked a couple times and her gaze drifted back to the ocean. I'm a little bit concerned about how 'he did it back at home'. That... is not normal. I mean, he looks like he just stepped out of a comic book about the wild west.

She shook her head, telling herself to stop being rude. "I'll just go look over there," she pointed towards the ocean and bounded away. As soon as her toes touched water a small shiver went up her spine. "Yeesh, that's cold," she muttered, going deeper into the water. When the waves were about to her knees, she stopped and looked around. Nothing. How could a place like this be so barren? She was just about to go back until she felt something bump into the lower part of her leg. 

Looking down, her eyebrows scrunched together. Under the waves, a small pink blob, or what it looked to be, bumped into her leg again. Moving her leg out of the way, she narrowed her eyes at the creature. "The fudgenuggets?" She cautiously picked up the creature and almost immediately dropped it. The animal resembled an axolotl back in the real world, but more round and it had bigger eyes. "Gah! Oh wow... you look... cute." She stifled a coo and looked over to Clyde. "I found one." Soon after notifying him, she pulled out the pouch the old NPC gave her and pulled out a bunch of different kinds of food. Finally finding something that resembled fish food, she carefully handed it to the axolotl. This is by far the weirdest creature I have ever seen.

@Clyde

Spoiler

ID: 112642

LD: 16+3+3=22, Success

Edited by Pleue

Clyde looks down at the small creature and instantly fear creeps up his spine as he stands there. “What in the blazes is that?” He looks at it, obviously scared. His legs move behind him as he backs away. “That’s no pet ma’am, that’s a monster.” His hand moving back to hold the grip of his knife. His eyes examine the small thing as he backs away. “That thing is not of this world.” His voice shaking. He couldn’t hide his terror as he sees an unknown monster right next to the small girl. I reckon it can’t be bad because supergenius isn’t scared. Usually the brainy ones don’t handle their fear so well.

He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes for a moment. His composure coming back to him as he calms down. Okay, the monster probably can’t hurt me. He looks down at the critter and grins a little. “Okay, I guess I can tolerate it’s existence for now. But that don’t mean I like it.” He stares down at the thing,

@Pleue

Charlotte tilted her head as he backed away from the seemingly adorable creature. "It's like an axolotl! I have you never seen them before? They're pretty common pets and they're easy to take care of. They can regenerate limbs, did you know that? They're like, unkillable." She chuckled, holding the pink creature in the palm of her hand. Looking at the creature, she shrugged her shoulders. "I mean, they're different from regular axolotls... This one is fatter... and it has bigger eyes. Hm, I guess it does look a little otherworldly." Realization dawned on her as she let out a small gasp. "Oh, sugar honey iced tea. Axolotls aren't supposed to be out of the water. Crud." Charlotte sprinted back towards the water and pulled out an empty jar from her inventory (cause that's totally normal). Scooping up a bunch of sea water, she dropped her familiar in the water with a satisfying plop. 

Walking back over to Clyde, she hugged the jar closer to her body. "Alright. That's good. Now for a name..." She cursed herself for not coming prepared for this situation. Looking down at the creature, she bit her lip. "Uhm. I'm pretty sure you're male," she muttered to herself. "H-how about Reddle?" She gave a forced laugh and looked back up at Clyde. "Y-yeah! Reddle!"

@Clyde

Spoiler

ID: 112649

CD: 10, Successfully Tamed Familiar!

Edited by Pleue

The man slowly moves towards the creature and looks at it closely. “I guess it ain’t so bad.” He pokes the jar and grimaces. “Ain’t exactly a looker though.” He stands up straight again and looks at the short girl, turning and sitting down on the sand. Well, there’s a day wasted. I guess the game likes to take time from us so much that everyday has to be boring. He pulls out his knife and starts to examine it, looking at the edge of the blade, then the flat of it. Nothing out of the ordinary so he sheathes it once again and stands up, re equipping his regular cowboy attire. “It looks to be gettin’ late, I reckon we should head back.” He says to the girl making his way up the beach and towards the main area of the island. “Ain’t you gotta train the thing anyways, I heard the quest ain’t really over til it can pull its own weight.” He looks back as he walks, eyeing the critter once again. 

@Pleue

Charlotte chuckled at his reaction and unscrewed the jar cap. “I think he can stay out of the water a little bit,” she mumbled, “since that’s how he’s gonna help me in battle and all of that.” She poked the axolotl and smiled softly at him. It was a strange feeling. But she felt incredibly happy just being around this creature. Closing the lid back on the cap, she let out a sigh. Things were going to be different from now on. She wasn’t even level one yet and she already had a familiar. Now that was something. 

Charlotte looked up at the sky and nodded her head. “Right, let’s head back.” She scrambled after him with Reddle in her arms. Charlotte chuckled and shrugged her shoulders. "I think so. I'll probably do that pretty soon though," she chuckled, poking at the jar with her finger. "I'm sure Reddle will do just fine though. She looked up and spotted the NPC that had offered her the quest. Mumbling to herself as she opened her inventory, she pulled out the bag and handed it to the older woman. They both exchanged goodbyes and then she turned to Clyde. "Well, it's been a pleasure spending the day with you."

@Clyde

The man walks towards the grass a good length from the beach. Then the girl says it’s been a pleasure and he turns towards her. “It definitely wasn’t not fun.” He walks again, turning and walking away from her. His kind words and mannerisms made it less obvious he hadn’t had much fun on that beach. We wasted so much time, and all she did was sit on the beach. Which ain’t a problem, I don’t dislike her, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to do this again. His hands sway as he walks through the grassy areas and navigates through the few parties of players looking for fun on the beach. Then one calls out. “Hey cowboy! Come party with us!” A female player shouts to him. Super tempting offer but I should at least walk the girl back to town. “I’ll be back later to party with y’all.” He responds to all of them. Turning back to the young girl and speaking. “I have to walk you back to town. Pa would have my neck if I just let you walk back to town all by your lonesome.” he tilts his hat and then looks forward, walking towards his destination.

(OOC: sorry it took longer than expected, I had a lot of real life stuff)

@Pleue