[F24-PP] When Duty falls from Mentor to Mentee

The player walked on the long bridge, moving from the main island to one of the remote islands. His target was to be found there, a paid scout assured him of that. The player adorned a full body of black armor, concealing all features. On his back was a large Two-Handed-Sword that went by the name of Judgement. However, it would be judgement that would be passed on him today....

The single stroke, feeling his blade pass through the body of another player. The shattering sound as their life slips away at his own cold and bloodied hands. 'The fear in her eyes... The fear of staring death in the eyes and knowing its the end' A tear would fall from his eye but it would be dried up by the mask covering his face, lost to sight and time. 

Once upon a time, the player had a vision of protecting every lower leveled player, to recruit them all and protect them all as the began to experience the game. Instead, he murdered one out of pure desire. The fact that he put his own wants before someone else's life sickened him. In the end, he got what he wanted, but to what cost? His relationships with other people, someone else's life! For a while, his own freedom of choice. He gave everything for something he wanted. 

"Sin of Greed" Aya's words would remind him. He was a monster, a ruthless monster that killed for hi own desire. The only worse killer than he was someone who killed for fun. 

Jonathan Morgenstern gazed upon the water another time before his eyes set on the beach of an island that stood before him. 'My own judgement falls to you, Hestia' 

@Hestia

I would rest upon one of the islands on the floor with a relaxed smile on my face, but still having my gear equipped ready for a fight at a moment's notice upon this new and rather strange floor. Gazing across the seemingly vast ocean from the fact it can have so many floating islands i just grin my face upon full exposure having never been the type to wear a helmet ever during the midst of a battle. 'If people want to fight me they will see all my emotions, and they will see the face of someone they'll kill if they succeed. To be a symbol of hope others must be able to recognize you as a person not a thing.' I think to myself calmly as i have at my side a sword the pure damage blade resting right at my leg as my familiar rests alongside me as the duo of frontliner and familiar enjoys the small peaceful moment. Registering the location within my mind with a rather happy smile despite the more sobering reality of being a guildless person with no allegiance to anyone technically. If this game truly followed the ideas of war i would be killed sooner and much quicker with my leave of the guild that or i would be quickly tried to be recruited by some other faction during such times.

Gazing up towards the sky of the floor i would let out a soft sigh as i close my eyes for the briefest of moment as i let my thoughts drift into wonder of what i am meant to do with my time here now? 'I can't just give up on my ideas. I need..players need protection more than ever from themselves or from outside elements. CA, Domarus' guild, Knights of Blood oath. The staples that have been around are breaking apart. Even HDA is showing the signs of rusting like the CA did. Someone needs to stay. Someone needs to build some pillar of stength people can rally behind. Someone needs to prove that the guilds and groups of the frontlines aren't just greedy pricks.'[ I think with a hint of hostility within my own thoughts as i think of another tank and DPS on the frontlines as i slowly take a calming breathe upon that as i think towards the other two healers and nods my head. 'If i want to get a group worthy of shaping the frontlines. I'll need to get all my friends i've made to work together. Starting with the guild leaders that are still around.'

Hestia had originally started out as a tank that seemed to follow his advice and he had played somewhat of a mentor role for the girl. However, it was short lived as she became caught up in her own training and would most likely have surpassed his by now. With all of his own drama taking up most of his time, training had been seen little. Chaos himself absorbed an entire week of his life. Even afterward... his sister told him that she would talk to him when she felt up to it. 'I lost everything.... My friends, my guild, my own self drives' A white scaled dragon would fly around him, landing on his shoulder and giving a snort. "Sorry Celes... my mood is never the best is it. Hey, I'm uh gonna get into a fight. Stay out of it if you can okay? It's more personal than anything and my goal isn't to win" the dragon would nod and take flight, back to the water. The dragon enjoyed freezing the water over for some reason. 

As he ended his walk on the bridge, he looked out and seen her. She stared at the ocean water, her stance told him that she was lost in thought. He walked closer, a hundred meters or so before he stopped again. Shakily, his hand would raise. To stop the shaking he would clench his hand with the other and take a breath. He would drop his left hand and continuing to the hilt of his blade on the right. Jonathan would pull Judgment from its sheath. However, it was he to be judged. He had only used this weapon twice since he killed Elsea, and both times were against a player. 

Judgement's weight would take hold and he brought his second hand to hold it. With that, he would refocus on Hestia, and with all of his might, activate his Maxed out Charge Skill. In a matter of five seconds he was in range of Hestia. Her movements however, we sharp and she brought out her shield as he brought his weapon down. The woman would successfully block her attack, hitting him with thorns, but she would be pushed back, making a long line of indention in the sand. Saying nothing, he would hold his weapon and point it at Hesta. 

@Hestia

I would just let myself be absorbed by the nature in front of me while staring forward unto the water as i can only think of the various parts of the game that is now slowly falling into place as i can only imagine as people are forming opinions of one another. 'All because of that decision made by Hirru things are crumbling apart.' I think to myself finding myself more annoyed with my own incompetence to having not aided in the prevention of such an action from having only aided in its course by being the first to ditch the orders of the tank in question who was assigned as the leader of the group. That just leaves the next raid. Will they try to appoint a leader, or will they accept that they won't be able to go along with that plan? Not after last time. i say softly towards myself as i hear a thunderous loud charge towards me as i would turn my gaze to see a dark armored figure as i only have a brief moment of thought hit me as i only act on instinct. Shield raised upwards to block the sword as the sound of screeching metal is only heard for a second as i slide along the sand as i dig back against it. Glancing towards my familiar i see him growling right at the man as i just nod before letting out a low long drawn out whistle as my familiar comes back towards me as i point towards the sky as the creature takes off.

First it was Pin. Than a crazy girl and some supporting male. Now someone trying to rip off Domarus' style. I've dealt with worse and if you're orange and attacking me. You either want me dead for my police department, or are trying to prove a point. Or what? did the psycho child send a assassin after me? I say casually not seemingly all that frightened as i would heal up from the armor that i wear as i raise up my shield once more and prepare my sword holding it low to the ground and smiling to myself. Well than? Come on you armored reject it is time you face the best tank that Aincrad has ever seen. I say with a amused smile on my face as if the words i speak are nothing more than just playful banter as i quickly kick off the ground moving close towards the figure who managed to knock me back as i take register of the weapon in use. 'Sword, not Domarus. Good to know he hasn't relapsed.' With only that thought ot guide me forward i wait for only a split second before activating charge myself for a quick thunderous and loud charge towards the figure as i activate legion destroyer my best attack that i could manage to try and cut into him myself as i stare at the helmed visage. Determined blue colored gaze meets the black helmeted figure as the black hair of the form of hestia pushes past where her head is moving past her fact towards the armored figure as my sword would meet the figure. 5ft8inches of determination and fury striking upon the figure.

As he held his sword strong in front of him, he watched as Hestia had more time for thought instead of just pure instinct. He was quickly analyzed and a low growl was given from her familiar. He was starting to wish he hadn't called off Celestane, he would have been just fine to take on another familiar. However, it was Hestia that he was most worried about. 'I have to give her the credit of her reaction time. If she hadn't noticed me before my attack, there was little time for error' he would think to himself. Truly, she had lived up to the legend that he wanted to fulfill himself at one point. Now, he was a needle without direction and was swerving around trying to find his own path. Chaos had left his life... chaotic. 

Banter would reach his ears, her tone seeming relaxed, playful almost. He gave each of them time and thought. 'Pin, Crazy girl and supporting male? What has she been up to in the last month?' He would ask himself. He had been so caught up in himself, he had left everything else behind. She noted him as a Domarus knock off that apparently a psycho child sent after her. He wasn't going to question the sanity of that question. He would step forward, ungiving of a response. "Well than? Come on you armored reject it is time you face the best tank that Aincrad has ever seen" She would then say with a smug smile. He would note her activating charge, closing the gap between them quickly. As her blade came to him, it was almost slow motion. Having used it before, he knew the Curved blades attack patterns to the point and he was also familiar with Hestia's style. He brought his own sword back, grabbing the blade and using it to block the oncoming attacks, metal hissing and sparks flying as it did. While his heart pounded, Jonathan was as calm as the waves that slowly lapped onto the banks of the island. 

As soon as Hestia's attack would come to it end, Jonathan would take back control of the situation. If there was anything Chaos taught him in the short time, it was how to attack quickly. There was a small trick to getting yourself to move faster and it was to move while mid-attack. The system will overassist your movements, giving you a fair boost in speed. Still holding his weapon with both hands, he would shove against Hestia, giving room for him to move. Having the smaller weapon, Hestia had more advantage at closer range. His left hand would slide down to join its opposite as he held the weapon in a reverse grip. He would then make a powerful swing aimed at the girl, but it was merely to soften her defenses. After it scraped across her shield, he would switch his hand hold and attack again. As he did, he would say one word, his helmet keeping his voice form being recognizable. "Pride" If Hestia blocked it again, he would bring his weapon back to him before using it to thrust forward into her shield to push her away again. 

@Hestia

I would watch as each strike of my blade was met with a block from the much bigger and heavier blade as i stare at the figure with just a ever present grin on my face and a determined look that is undying within my eyes as i stare at the helmed man. Taking in the information as i fight with the person as i just let the system guide me through the attacks so i can spend time just trying to figure out what the person is doing which seems to be a much more reactionary fighting style possibly? As the attack would come to an end i would try to quickly move around the person keeping in mind the weapon in use and just like most two handed weapons seemingly they needed room to actually be useful within a fight. Though much to my surprise i would feel a shove against me causing me to lose my balance for only a moment as i would slam my foot back behind me to kill the momentum from the shove as i see the weapon heading towards me. With a raise of my shield i would gleam the weapon off from it. 'Crisis...wait what!' I shout to myself mentally on seeing the weapon switch as i can only think of one other player that has done this short of thing at least around me as my eyes darken instantly as i stare toward the man in front of me as i take note of the crystal. With a raise of my sword i would use that to defend against the secondary attack that knocks me away once more and raise my shield towards the thrust attack once more.

Once the assault has ended i would look towards the man in front of me as i can remember quite vividly the time i saw Itzal do some kind of switch hand trick against some mobs at one point on floor nine...against the phoenix. You killed someone, and attack me. I respected you, you know. You were my mentor and one of the first friends i had within this game! You are going to explain yourself when i put you down! I shout angrily towards the man i could only think is itzal as i grit my teeth as calm and collected switches to anger and frustration as i rush forward towards the figure. As my style changes to something more beastial and offensive than what could be called at least somewhat defensive before. Instead of relying on my shield and seemingly allowing my opponent to run out their energy clock the offensive movements of the dps part of the tank build of the everything build shows as one legion destroyer follows up into the next. Not allowing any attack that was sent against my body to stop me as i would charge against the figure. The shield being used as just a pure bashing method to try and swat away the two handed weapon that could try to block my strikes. Some tears coming out of the corner of my eyes that sparkle within the light of the sun as i stare at the person that left me mid labyrinth search, and has gone off the grid, only to come back to try and strike me ground. TAKE THIS YOU CELESTIAL! I shout bitterly towards the figure as i try to chest hit him with the shield that would do no damage from not having the shield bash mod on my person. Scouts useless so you went killer? Is that it! Did the events of F23 hit you that hard! That you would just abandon everything! Who did you kill huh! Who did you murder itzal! You might've tried to fool me with that stupid black getup. But i can see why it is a knockoff domarus you copied his stupid armor he wore to the final fight. Your mistake was doing that weapon trick you showed me when we thought the phoenix though couldn't have been more obvious than with that. I say with a hostile tone of voice as some tears continue to run down the fact of the angered looking black haired woman. You may be my friend. But you murdered someone and attacked the police chief of Aincrad. Clearly you have to have been unhinged Itzal. Unless you want to try and talk on your defense?

With those words said the black haired woman would once more continue forward pressing the attack the entire time i was speaking and beyond that as just cold determination burns with the blue eyes. The look of betrayal washing over the entire visual face of the black haired tank and healer of the frontlines. 'First pinball, now Itzal. WHY!' I think angrily once more as i try to push my body to move faster, to hit harder, to do something! With every miss bolstering the next attack due to heavy momentum of the armor. Lastly i'm not prideful. I just know what i am compared to others. They can go for last hits. I'll protect those that can't protect themselves. I say towards the former scout.

His switching hand trick seemed to get the better of Hestia and keep her at bay. While his own technique was stolen from about five different players, he put them together quite well. Itzal, Chaos, Beatbox, Hikoru.... Their own techniques could partially be seen in his own attacks. The switch hand trick was stolen from Itzal. However, it seemed to have more effect on Hestia than just the damage. He heard her voice, almost quiet at first. The battle would remain at a pause for a second. "You killed someone, and attack me. I respected you, you know. You were my mentor and one of the first friends i had within this game! You are going to explain yourself when i put you down!" She would say, becoming more audible as the sentence ran on. His weapon would lower slightly as her words hit him harder than any sword. 

'She rejected me... I have lost her respect. She knows its me...' Tears would well in his own eyes. A flashing smile of a younger Hestia working on helping him grind moved before his eyes. Then, her smile was all that remained, before she was burdened with the task he was supposed to have finished. Instead, he gave up everything and unloaded it on her. The illusion was cut through by the sound of Elsea's scream, her shattering at the end of his blade in a single stroke. She couldn't do anything, she had no chance. The light of her life snuffed out like a candle. He had become the monster he had sworn to protect them from. The monster that killed his guild members. The monster who slaughtered his own apprentice and laughed as he did. 

Distracted and thrown off focus, he was in no position to defend against her. Her attack pattern had also changed, her attacks now unpredictable. Her blade would cut through body and armor, leaving red gashes and shards to fly through the air. Her eyes filled with tears, no doubt hatred of him and everything he stood for. "TAKE THIS YOU CELESTIAL!" Her words would press. Her shield would slam into his chest, pushing him back in the sand. Broken inside, tears would stream down his face. The pain from her hate at his betrayal hurt more than anything. He had pushed down his emotions for the longest time. When she mentioned scouts, his mind didn't register it. He figured she meant the scouts he hired to find her. How far did she know about his plan?

"Is that it! Did the events of F23 hit you that hard! That you would just abandon everything! Who did you kill huh!" Another sound of a scream. Every word was another dagger of pain being thrusted through his heart into his very soul. Her voice was becoming hostile as she kept going on with her words. Who did you murder itzal! You might've tried to fool me with that stupid black getup. But i can see why it is a knockoff Domarus you copied his stupid armor he wore to the final fight. Your mistake was doing that weapon trick you showed me when we thought the phoenix though couldn't have been more obvious than with that" Jonathan looked down, his weapon loose in his grip now. She was blaming his actions on Itzal now. She thought he was Itzal. 'Another person being hurt because of my actions. My existence hurts those I am around huh?'  "I..." he would try to choke out. 

"You may be my friend. But you murdered someone and attacked the police chief of Aincrad. Clearly you have to have been unhinged Itzal. Unless you want to try and talk on your defense?" Jonathan's gaze was unable to meet Hestia's betrayed teary face. "I'm... not... Itzal" he barely managed to choke out. However, it didn't seem to register in her mind before the next onslaught came. At first contact of her weapon, his blade would fall from his hands, his soul no longer in the fight. She had choked the life of the little fight he had in him. His spirit was far weaker than his stature. With each strike, she would justify her Pride, telling him that she protects others, she didn't care about who she was. 

Falling to the ground, no longer able to stand, he would lay at her feet on his hands and knees. "I-... I'm... sorry Hestia" he would choke out through sobbing and tears. His emotions were uncontrollable, his pain unimaginable. The long build up of pain and pressure bursting out once more. Instead now of being turned into hatred, there was no one to hate except himself. 

@Hestia

I would look down towards the armored figure that broke from just my words alone seemingly as i would pause the onslaught as i would just be breathing heavily as the same look of betrayal, anger, and anguish is on the woman's face while standing above this armored figure. The words registering within my mind as i hear the apology and than my mind as i just nod my head but keep my weapon on my person as i let out only a quick sharp whistle as my familiar rushes down by my side and lands right next to me. The lion being in a defensive position ready to pounce at a moment's notice upon the armored man as i take my step forward towards the figure and put my sword against his chest not pushing it forward using it as just a silent threat. Forcing back all the emotions from my person as the slow cold demeanor is left though the tear stained face remains on the woman even though a tough act is trying to be displayed before the person in front of her. Why did you do it? And take off that helmet you aren't Domarus. You are more respectable than being forced to hide behind some stupid mask. Don't you know why i show my face always? People need something to believe in, so i gave them a human. A scared girl that fights for everyone's safety. Now stand up and show me your face if you're going to attack me at least be honorable enough to show me your face instead of a coward who is too scared to face a friend they attack. I say with a harsh tone of voice towards the man ignoring the pangs of guilt and anger that resonate in my chest. Each pang feeling like my very chest is being grabbed and compressed ever so slowly to a tiny black sphere at the very center of it.

The resentful blue eyes looks towards the helmed figure not noticing the fresh tears falling from my face with each word i was saying. Having tried to ignore the apology to just be an adult and get my answers. To try and grow up and be responsible enough to know that i have to do what i have to do no matter what. 'To try and be a good cop...this seems harder every day and this is just the second person.' I think to myself as i stare at the figure on the ground as fresh tears fall as i can only wonder what is the point in building a prison to keep your friends safe. if those same friends you will need to eventually put away from them being tainted in this world, and...what if i need to be put away eventually? Who could even stop me?

As he sat there and she would walk forward. He physically couldn't do it anymore. He was shattered, he had been glass just waiting to break. He just didn't realize breaking could bring this much pain. It was unbearable. He didn't want it. He was attempting to repent to feel better but it made it worse. Maybe it would have been better for both of them if he hadn't come. A sharp whistle was heard and her familiar was heard off to the left in the sand, his instinct told him that it was ready to attack at his first false move. As she spoke again, he knew she had done it again. Push back her emotions to deal with the matter at hand. It seemed to work well for her. She was good at it, she was a woman good for power and leadership, even if sometimes her idea of secrecy wasn't applicable. Her blade was placed on his chest but without pressure. A silent threat for him to not make any movements. He was cornered. 

"Why did you do it? And take off that helmet you aren't Domarus. You are more respectable than being forced to hide behind some stupid mask. Don't you know why i show my face always? People need something to believe in, so i gave them a human. A scared girl that fights for everyone's safety." He didn't understand why she kept bringing up Domarus, but as a former tank he knew what her words meant. "Nobody could respect or forgive a killer like me..." "Now stand up and show me your face if you're going to attack me at least be honorable enough to show me your face instead of a coward who is too scared to face a friend they attack." Jonathan shakily stood, tears in his own eyes. "Honor is something I lost the day I turned my back to my own cause" he choked. He lifted both hands to his helmet and slowly removed it. As he did he would look at the ground, unable to face Hestia. Tears were streaming down his face and his eyes red. "A coward is what I am..." 

@Hestia

Upon seeing the face of the man i find myself frozen like a statue my sword still dully pressed against his chest as i see the blonde haired man in front of me. The man that had taught me some important lessons in tanking and how to fix my stance. One of the first Ascendants and more importantly one of the few Ascendants who embodied their message of protecting the players at all costs from what my memory told me. I think back towards the event boss as i sheathe my sword and change out of my battle gear to the casual winter like jacket with fur along the ends, and a grey shirt and long black pants as i take a few hesitant steps forward. Aftewards i wrap my arms around the armored man of battle that i can tell now went from tank to disgraced dps seemingly. Come on Jon. Lets..lets sit down and have a chat okay? We can just..talk about what happened can't we? You're not going to run like Pinball tried to do are you? i ask in a soft and saddened tone of voice as i look at the saddened face of my mentor even if i have surpassed him in levels, and possibly even as a respectable figure on the frontlines within only a short year of being active and helping out people wherever i could. My hand would grab his as i would look at him with pleading blue colored eyes as i look at him not as a imposing leadership figure, not as a police chief, but as a worried friend. Showing the frightened look within my eyes as i hold onto the armored hand of the player in front of me. Just tell me what happened please.  I ask once more as my familiar looks up towards you and lets out a slight whimper as he can finally recognize the scent and the face of the man in front of him and the relation to its owner as the lion walks away and lays away from the duo of players. The act of the tough girl gone entirely and showing the more vulnerable side that is hard to find while on frontline business, or even questing at points the few times that we even had done questing together.

Her eyes at first glance were all that he needed. Dismay and pain were seen in them. He was one of the last people she would have ever figured to be in the situation he was in. She would sheathe her blade immediately, embracing him in her arms. He would let it sit for a moment before accepting the positive attention. Over the last couple of days, he had been the monster, the killer, the enemy. It was too much.... As she released him, she would open her menu and equip something less battle oriented. He would look away as the blue light flooded the area for a moment.  "Come on Jon. Lets..lets sit down and have a chat okay? We can just..talk about what happened can't we? You're not going to run like Pinball tried to do are you?" As she mentioned run, a chuckle would escape his own lips. "Run? I don't have it in me to do anything right now.... That battle was the last thing before all of my fight was snuffed out.... Anyway, if I didn't want to be caught, I would have never come" He would say solemnly. He couldn't tell if she was disappointed, but he knew that she was consoling him to find out what to do with him. She then asked him politely to tell her the whole story. 

As a tear fell down his face. "I hope you are ready for a long story..." Knowing she wanted to hear every detail, he would start from the complete beginning. "It all started when the Celestial Ascendants were having a meeting. Everything was fine, Shield and I's quarrel was more or less on hold... then everything met a cold bitter end. When I was too weak, too powerless to prevent my own guilds slaughter" 

@Hestia

I nod my head and remain politely silent during the discussion about what had happened so i can try to understand the full picture of what had left my mentor to reach to a point of having to kill someone. Having expected the people like Jon, and Itzal to be the last who would dare try to commit an act against the people of Aincrad when their were better options available than needing to needlessly murder someone that could at least face fair trial in the world outside. 'No one ever needs to die within this game. We are no god's of judgement. We're kids who don't know anything better and can only try to hold the horde of evil at bay with what we have, and to try and mimic the world we have come from to keep things under check.' I think a bit solemnly at the fact that to survive in a fake world that the need to become like the real one is the first essential step to everything that is the safety and peace of the land. That the frontlines functioned as the government heads in the sense already with the guilds, and that the players were the citizens, but no protection their to really protect them all in place.  When the beginning of the story would start with quill, ink, and a notebook in hand the tank of the frontlines would begin writing the story from the perspective of which the former tank in front of her would be viewing the events that she would be transcribing for future notes.

Hestia would say nothing as his story began, instead she would pull out her notebook. She had always been a worm for information. "The Celestial Ascendants meeting had been ambushed with a plan in mind to destroy both the Ascendants and frontliners reputation. Weeks before the ambush, two new higher leveled members entered, level headed and strong in their skills. Orik and I don't remember the girls name. Sarah? They joined and insisted in boosting up the Ascendants numbers, get it high, help more people. It eventually became a problem with the amount of people we were getting, we could no longer individually focus on members. At that meeting though, several plans within plans piled up. At first, we were attacked by a murder guild, some part of a group that's goal was to just take out easy targets for money or something. Then, at the same time, another group got involved by the name of Red Claw, a medium sized guild of low to mid tier player based out in the woods of Floor six. This guild was actually under the control of Chaos and their mission was to help our guild take out the enemy guild from the start. While hell broke loose, Chaos and his "Sins", as he calls them, moved in to cause the real problem. Chaos was already an enemy of mine, so I knew he had caused it. We fought and he got the better of me, humiliated me and caused me to watch helplessly as most of my guild was reduced to crystals...." 

Jonathan's eyes would widen as the faces of his guild members were seen, the dreadful looks that people gave as they were about to be killed. Those along with Elsea's scream, he was never able to sleep. 

@Hestia

I pause as i hear the names of important people as i write them down keeping their names to try and ask about at a later date for more information and details as i just look towards Jonathan and just nod my head and urge him to continue telling his story. I know that it can be hard to talk about Jon, but i can promise the more i can know the better we can make sure that some guild like Stryder's wouldn't get hurt in the same manner. So please do continue. I say in a gentle and soft tone of voice as i look towards the blonde haired man as i can see what i would only call possible horror or trauma slowly appear on his face when reflecting back upon the moments of these sins, and betrayal that he had went through occurred towards him. Making sure to write down the name of the murder guild as a target to eliminate at all costs, and something that can be handled with a small alpha strike squad even possibly if dealt with in a appropriate manner once i can try to train up some officers. The news of members being turned into crystals rings within my eyes as i quickly think back to the event as i nod my head slowly remembering seeing the face of Mina, and even Kyoto so the ones that i could know about seemed in safe hands at the very least whenever this had occurred. While you did lose members within the guild Jon you also still have people like Itzal, and Mina there to help you out, to help you work through this. I say in a gentle tone of voice.

As Hestia would mention giving her information, he would nod. "We have sadly only scratched the surface" He looked away. She would try to console him, telling him that he had people like Mina and Itzal who went through it to help him deal with it. "Mina was never there, and Itzal vanished." he stated plainly. "Anyways, their faces just remind me of those of the family I lost" he made a sigh, and decided to continue on with his story. "Long story short, the result of that night was waste to most of the Celestial Ascendants, the complete death of a murder guild, and a loss of half the Red Claw members that joined up with Chaos. The entire purpose, to end a guild with frontliners and weaken people's views on the frontliners. They want to make us seem weak, unable to command the line of duty. It was all a plot for control. If you control the frontlines, you control everyone. Who else is there to stop you?" Jonathan's voice had shifted to a more glum and depressed state. "There was quite a bit of talk about it on the lower floors, though it wasn't spread much on the frontlines" 

He looked over at the water and his eyes would rest their a moment. There was peace in the quite waves that tickled the sandy shore. "That's when I started getting bad. I obsessed over the idea of revenge and the need to get stronger so I could destroy him... I only showed up at that stupid Angel event to earn a level to be closer to kill Chaos. After that day when I died, I thought it was my second chance. I had a mission to rid this world of him, I couldn't go until I completed it. I began to change everything. I dropped the Curved Sword and shield for a two-handed Sword and Charge. Basically, I became a tank that doubles for damage. Chaos's build relies on damage, so being able to counter it and then kill him with my own sounded like it would work" 

@Hestia

I look towards the man and can't help but feel a sense of..disappointment with the words that i am hearing from the once pure hearted tank that i met way back in the beginning before i had even hit the tier two mark from what my memory tells me. That such a person is now reduced to seeking revenge against some kind of figure, would go to these kinds of lengths as i than look towards his cursor color. 'orange...that.' I think to myself but for a brief moment before i look towards Jonathan with a slightly worried look within my eyes as i realize that whoever he killed wasn't this Chaos figure if the cursor was orange. Instinctively my index finger starts tapping against the notebook that i am holding as a case of nerves, and anxiety overtake me as i am forced to wait and hear out for the reason that the cursor color is even their. Since this story is far from over and i can rather easily tell that their is more to this rather horrible story of loss and suffering than what i would want to hear from him. 'it's always the ones who have the most hope. Who end up facing the biggest demons, and get consumed the most by darkness if their wings get clipped as they fall the hardest.'

Hestia really made no action, than the slight tapping of her finger on her notebook. Judging from her eyes, she was in deep in thought in story. "I-I uh.... I pushed everyone away. I figured if no one cared about me, they would be fine with letting me go.... I trained on my own, changed my damage output, familiar, everything. Out of self drive, I gained several levels. Almost to seventy by now I think" He understood from rumors that it didn't touch Hestia's level, but it was still pretty high. "I met up with a few people at some points, Shield, Neo.... I never told them of my plan, but I told them I had things to do" Hi eyes began shifting away. He hadn't been nice to those players exactly.... "I found some information on Chaos that somehow turned out good... I heard of an old guild hall on the ninth floor that might prove to be useful. I decided to search there, and that's when I found him. Chaos. He had been using the old hall as some sort of living space, and I managed to catch him by surprise" 

As he spoke of the fight,a  small fire grew in his eyes. "I took advantage early on and had him on the ropes, but it was short lived once he was able to get his weapon out and start taking me seriously. After that, the battle ended quickly after. Chaos took advantage and slashed me to ribbons, only stopping when I was far into the red zone. It was then I told him to kill me. I had been spared twice, one by him, and once by the game. I was tired of fighting and losing. Even though I trained, the short level gap and large skill gap was a very large problem" He was starting to hate admitting everything to Hestia. 

@Hestia

• 3 weeks later...

I nod my head remaining quiet out of respect for the story to be told and waiting patiently to hear what has actually occurred  to lead up towards this moment in time as i write within my notebook. Short phrases and key points within the story to tell the fall of the ascendants and the fall of a tank in as finite amount of details that would just be more so things to remind myself when i go into deeper details later. By the end i just nod my head and gestures for the former Ascendant to continue with his story while giving my full attention with a rather passive and neutral look upon my face. Not giving away any positive or negative opinion about what is currently being told to me as my familiar lays at my side while staring up towards yourself as well. Please continue Morg this isn't the end of the story that i can tell. Please don't stop your tale. I ask in a gentle tone of voice towards the man as i prepare to write down more with only the small hope i'd be able to hear everything.

He would pause for a moment, his eyes drifting from Hestia. Her face betrayed none of her emotions, it was as if she was trying to hide from him what she felt. No doubt she was prepared to get enough information on his enemies, lock him up and then hunt him down. She requested he finished his story, and he would nod. "I told Chaos to finish it, ill me and end my pain here. All it has been is failure and loss. I betrayed my friends, my feelings, my cause. Chaos then told me I had not finished my own goals, I had not beaten my own game. He reminded me once more, that I had a sister in this game. A sister I had never met in the real world, but I knew that I had. He told me that I should meet her. He would help me find her, but in exchange, I would follow his orders. It was a hesitant decision, but I accepted the offer. My plan was that as soon as we would find her, I would betray Chaos, try once again to off him or just make an escape"

The fire in his eyes faded, his shoulders slumping forward. It actually kinda felt good to get this off of his chest, even if he knew he was going to go to Aincrad's new prison for it. "I followed Chaos back to his base and met with the very same people that slaughtered my guild. It was hard to not fight them, but I found two or three of them were genuinely friendly. Luz, Aya, both of them were green and just found themselves working for Chaos for some other reason. Of course, neither of them were named after the worst fatal sins. Luz was gluttony, she liked to eat and was actually a pretty good cook. Aya was wrongfully named the Sin of Greed and we came to discover, the true Sin of Greed was me all along. Aya was just there because she was actually the guild leader of a guild branching off of the Uprising"

After a moment's pause, clearing his throat, Jonathan began to speak once again. "Everyone met together and the plan was to smoke out Penelope, my sister, from her known group of friends. We pin pointed potential hiding places and sent a person to each one, me with Chaos and everyone else on their own."

"Elsea was the girl we were told to search. We headed to the Twenty-second floor to find her, found her house, and got her out of it. I fought off the NPC guards until Chaos drug her out of the safe zone so we could bring her in for questioning. We brought her out of the safe zone, and Chaos took charge while I watched. She told him that she didn't know anything and thats when things took a bad turn. He told her that for being a traitor to the Uprising a while back, she had been sentenced to death. I was ordered to kill her. I told... I told him that we didn't need to kill her and he told me that if we didn't she would tell Penelope and we wouldn't be able to find her. I still argued and he reminded me of my deal. That;s... That's when I killed a defenseless girl, uncapable of fighting back." 

It replayed in his mind, a single stroke, a single scream. Then nothing. Data pixels. Loss of someone else's life. All for his own selfish desires. 

@Hestia

I nod my head until i hear the ending bit as all neutrality within my face just drops at the snap of a finger to one of a look of disappointment as i just look towards the man that i had respected for hearing the reason that he decided to kill somebody. Of hearing how he got to the point where he was willing to do it and what he did to even get into such a situation within the first place as i begin to write within my notebook and making it a rather clear point of keeping it at a angle so that Jonathan would have no way to tell what i am writing. Just be able to hear the sounds of me writing something down upon the piece of paper that was once blank and doing so for quite a bit not needing to go towards a second page as i just look towards the former tank. The same look of disappointment being displayed rather clearly across my face as i get up onto my feet and just look towards him as my weight slightly shifts towards leaning slightly to my right. Is there more to this Morgenstern, or are you ending this story on a sad note of a man willing to help people that destroyed his guild, the man who killed people in your guild possibly, and to top it all off kill a person that couldn't even protect themselves. To kill somebody when your job as a former tank was to protect the weak. I believe your words to me Morgenstern "We as tanks are the first and last line of defense for those behind us. When we fall so will those behind us." I say towards the man as i cross my arms at my chest as i stare morgenstern in the eyes making sure to emphasize each time that i am calling him by his username and not the given name i've been use to calling him by.