[F24-PP] When Duty falls from Mentor to Mentee

As he spoke of how he killed Elsea, the business side of Hestia faded, showing her disappointment. She wrote something in her notebook once more, no doubt that he had killed someone of his own volition. As she put down her notebook, she then assaulted him with her words, dealing ore damage with that instead of her sword. "I have nothing more to say about the monster that is me. I also understand my broken vow as a tank and as an Ascendant. I came here to be given judgement for my actions" He gave a heavy sigh, one that anybody could tell was weighted with stress and pain. With the way she spoke to him, he knew that all bonds with Hestia had been broken. 'Will she take up the mantle that I was unable to hold? I would be able to rest easy knowing someone more capable took the reigns' 

Clearing his throat. "Write somewhere in that journal to watch out for Fyre though. That's F-Y-R-E. She turned rogue and killed Chaos at the end of everything. I don't really know her motives, but I would advise stopping her if you hear about her doing anything." 

Jonathan would lift his hands in a passive manner, giving no indication that he was about to run. "Now please, what is the sentence you will give me?"

@Hestia

I look towards the man before me as i nod my head and open up my notebook writing down the name that he had asked me to write since it will at the very least be possibly important to have for the future. Especially if this chick could be about as insane as that Adrian kid that Domarus managed to have around for awhile before he had gone rogue with Hidden. When hearing the final question i once more save the question i would want to ask and look at the broken man before me who looks seemingly just defeated and wanting to just shatter and break. I go over the choice of words and what has been said so far and i nod my head slowly as i weigh things in my head as i close my eyes in thought. 'In the real world he would be arrested, and jailed for quite a long while. Even if he could be seeking some kind of redemption they would jail him...' I think to myself as i slowly look towards the ground off towards my right and after two minutes of silence and contemplation i once more raise my head to look into your eyes.

Morgenstern since you are showing remorse for your actions that you have comitted, and obviously through them as monstrous and know that what you did was a horrible thing. As a sentence i will want you to go and take care of that redemption quest that i've heard about to clear out that orange cursor of yours. Furthermore, if you are able find Itzal for me i want to make sure that he hasn't done anything stupid, or will do anything stupid beyond what he has done in the form of removing everybody from his friends list seemingly. When you find Itzal if he isn't willing to come back at all tell him that i don't know if he is still frustrated with me, but i would appreciate if he isn't if he could at least tell me. Oh, and tell him that i might have gotten onto Shield's bad side. I say towards the former tank being honest with every word that i say as i lay a hand gently upon his armored form as i look him in the eyes. And Morg. If you want to be a tank than feel free to go back to it. If you want to stick to doing damage, and well be willing to wear this gear and maybe try to make it a different symbol than what it is currently than do so. I say in a gentle and soft tone of voice towards him.

Hestia's disappointment seemed to fade as she told him that he felt bad for his own actions, and that his sentence should be to take the redemption quest and take care of himself. The mixed emotions hit him once more. It felt good to know that he didn't have to be jailed for the rest of the game, but his freedom felt undeserved. She also told him to try to get in touch with Itzal, that she was having problems with Shield, and that he was able to do whatever. "Wait. I can't just take the redemption quest. Even if the game clears my cursor, nothing else is cleared. I will still be the same soulless, purposeless creature that got me into this mess. I need some form of purpose. I can't just go back, I am not fit to lead. I am not who I was, my judgement is never clear. There has gotta be something in this damned world for me to do, some purpose" He felt like a loss dog, looking for an owner. 

He walked over to his weapon that lie in the sand, bending over to pick it up. The large black-handled blade was cool to the touch, and it reminded him of the crime he committed. "As for my build, don't take to thinking that I can't tank. My mitigation is hardly lower than yours I bet, and that gap is only going to be replaced by better armor" He told her. He had spent several hours mulling over builds that would allow him to kill Chaos before Chaos killed him. 'What symbol can I portray? What can my own purpose be? I will never go back to the leading position, and being alone only got me into trouble. Perhaps following orders, a decent persons orders, will get me back to where I need to be' 

@Hestia

I look towards the morg and can't help but smile sadly at hearing the words come out of the man that once had so much passion and seemingly endless energy for being the greatest tank. Even if that seemingly bled over slightly into some kind of rough patch with the other Ascendant tank that was in the form of Shield. I look towards the ground in thought on what to even say in this position since it has come down to me to seemingly take up the mantle of leading others in some amount or the other. Or at the very least people are seemingly trusting my judgement be it slightly falter rather than just being a nobody within the other players at the raid. Jonathan. Taking the redemption quest is the first step to know how to face your sins. That is seemingly what it was designed to do, and if you're worried about a purpose, and are worried about your judgement. Why not stick around with me? I may not be the perfect source of judgement far from it really. However, at the very least you can have someone who will stand by your side and try to suport you through this. I may have started a police force, but i didn't do it to jail anybody i wanted reasons for why things happen. And..i know i'm probably not going to end up much better than the real life police force in all honesty since i don't know hwo to help those who don't show remorse for their actions. It's those few who do show remorse that i do want to help get back onto their feet and fighting alongside their allies though that i'll try my best to get you back onto your feet. To help you find a purpose since i can't just give you one. To find your purpose in life is a question you must answer yourself and question yourself about. I say honestly towards the man as i offer my hand towards him and have a ever so slightly pleading look within my eyes. Will you accept my offer in trying to help you John? From friend and former student to you my friend and former mentor? Who knows maybe you have a few tricks up your sleeves to teach me yet. I say in a slightly joking tone at the end.

He would listen as Hestia assured him that taking the Redemption quest was better to be taken sooner rather than later. He would look away, unsure of what to think about it. In his mind, he needed to wait until he felt worthy to be forgiven. Wearing the mark of a monster was deserved until he repented for his own decisions. She then offered for him to stick around with her for some time. "I don't see a problem with joining you for a while. I guess until further notice I am your game's temporary party member. Who knows, maybe it'll be a permanent change for the better. As for you not doing well, don't sweat it. You are the best Police department in this entire game.... And the worst I guess..." She asked once again if he was willing to accept her offer, and he would nod in response. "Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Also, its best to keep a criminal under constant surveillance right?" She joked at him teaching her more and he actually laughed back. "Ain't anything' at this point that I could teach you... Except maybe to not be on business 24/7. Ever thought of more than clearing the game or getting stronger?" 

His white scaled dragon would fly back to him, landing proudly on his shoulder, allowing Hestia to bask in his glory. "If there is anything I learned from having nothing to lose, is that every moment counts. Maybe think this game less as a sentence, and more as a brief opportunity" 'I don't want her praise exactly, so I'll keep it quiet that I actually spared the man in the end...' He would clear his throat to speak once more. "As for Itzal, I don't know much, but understand that he still follows under a good judgement." 

@Hestia

I pout a bit at the end as i cross my arms at my chest as i look towards Morgenstern and leans ab it closer as i stare at him in the eyes as my own narrow slightly as i scrutinize the details of his face before leaning back. Seriously what is with people telling me that so much. I so to know how to not be on business all the time. Is there some kind of look on me that screams that i look like a workaholic? Itzal would always tell me that all the time, and now you are to. Made me think you might actually be Itzal because of that. I say a bit jokingly and purposefully being overdramatic for the sake of trying to make the mood slightly lighter if possible at the minimum as i look towards my fellow tank and nods my head to him. I'll be happy having you around and joining me on my adventures morg, and i can even offer you a place at my shop i made it outside of the safe zone because of the rather nice scenery if i do say so myself. I say with a rather pleased and happy tone of voice as i say such words.

It sounded to him as if Hestia was often called a workaholic and didn't seem to like it very much. "I don't know, I have never seen you not focused on something. Also, it takes a lot of time to be the head of the Aincrad Police Department, plan for boss raids, and go around helping every single person in Aincrad", He would chuckle when she told him that he might actually be Itzal for saying that. "Nah, my dragon is white, and I am far too devilishly handsome to be Itzal" Cracking up at his own joke, he would turn to look at the waters. The water was constantly churning, constantly changing. New tides rolled in every few seconds. Maybe it was better to let someone else hold the weight that he had been carrying. Or in the very least, a portion of it. He was going to help shoulder Hestia's but for some reason he still didn't feel as heavy as he did. 

Joking around but understanding he was probably going to get a serious answer he would ask the dark haired girl, "So, what is our first mission, chief?" He opened up his inventory, opting out his black armor for his silvery white one, with the Bialas Bindings sitting on his wrists. "I haven't been in the loop for a couple of weeks, you're gonna have to fill me on in some detail" 

@Hestia

I just offer a smile towards Morg and a nod of my head as i gesture for him to follow me back to my shop to at least have a comfortable place to rest. There is probably a lot to fill you in on Jonathan, and probably a lot that will happen as well where who knows what direction things will take us. I say with a small chuckle and a cheerful smile upon my face.

Summary:

Hestia/Morg: 1 sp, 200 COL