[F24-PP] The Defenders Of Aincrad rise to search for a boss

It was...humiliating to begin with more so than anything else. Even if it was planned to do this to make sure that we can stay safe and continue the fight while Shield hopefully stays the line instead of running away like a coward possibly just so we can try to secure a victory. ‘You said you can go and defend the line if you were by yourself, now do it or be a stupid little hypocrite you mister i can solo a floor boss with beat and Hestia If you can solo a boss you can solo this labyrinth before we get back..’ I think to myself angrily with myself even unsure of what i am angry more towards. Myself, or Shield and his group’s antics. That no matter how hard i would try that in the end it came down to the fact i was arrogant, incompetent, and a failure to not try and notice that their could've been a difficulty spike. She’ll be on the way soon. Just need to wait for her. I say softly as i wait patiently not even having told Ruby yet of who i was messaging mid combat.

@Ruby@Neopolitan@Zandra

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the first attempt of the boss, Ruby had looked down she had felt bad for missing the shaman when it was very critical to winning the boss battle. Teaming up with Hestia had only made her not want to actually do it because of what had happened, however with a sigh she had made her way to where Hestia had been, knowing that if she didn’t come she would be a little disappointed with her. And in a way… Ruby deep down knew that she wanted redemption from the last fight and prevent some on doing it on their own. Making her way toward her she was determined to redeem herself once again, but she was also still really upset that she had been the prime reason why they had lost the fight. “Hey Hestia… I don’t know why you wanted me back as I was the reason why we failed, but thank you for at least letting me redeem myself in the fight.

@Neopolitan @Zandra

Neo had received the message and was frantically running around her shop to try and make sure she had everything prepared. Though surprised she was being specifically asked to come help out on the front lines, she supposed it would be a good way to get herself a bit more known. Not that she didn’t have enough fame already from taking down the corrupt priest and getting her rapier. Hopefully the two of them could get along for the time being at least. With her inventory full of items, she dashed to the next town over to get to the teleporter. Practically punching the menu to get to the highest floor available, Neo felt the light engulfing her. After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, she was at that top floor, floor 24. Thankfully, it seemed like the group wasn’t too far off. Rushing over, Neo did her best to let them know that she was ready. Handing them some items to eat up, Neo ate her own. All hopes were pointing towards getting to the labyrinth as quickly as possible.

consumables offered/taken:

Spoiler

offered to each:

Hummus dip: +2 ACC
Spinach-Artichoke dip: +2 EVA
Tofu Burger: Protein 2
Sharp Dragon-Fang Potion: +2 DMG
Golden Garlic Bread: +3 LD

Taken for self:

Hummus Dip: +2 ACC
Spinach-Artichoke Dip: +2 EVA
Tofu Burger: Protein 3 (house buff applied)
Vicious Dragon-Fang Potion: +3 DMG
Sandstone Armor Potion: +30 MIT

((full stats will be placed in next post))

@Zandra

As Zandra arrived back at the settlement on floor twenty four, she immediately walked out to the nearest bench and sat down, leaning her head in her hands, shaking. ‘’F***! Why? This is so… I cant. I should just leave.’’ She looked towards to where the edge of the castle would be. It was very tempting to head for it and just leave all this behind. To never have to meet them again. Never have to care about how she acts. Leave everything, really everything, behind. She pulled her hand thru her hair. Her shining crimson eyes looked at her armoured boots as her hair fell down and covered her face again, her blushing cheeks was hidden by a curtain of black hair. She knew she had to went back there though. She couldn’t just leave, but it was so tempting. Macradon had done it at the floor boss fight. Though the fight was won, but still. He just disappeared as quick as the last health bar had hitted zero.

Looking towards Ruby i would offer her a apologetic look before looking away off towards the side as i look more so down towards the ground only to catch Kuro looking up at me with a expectant look. With a small sigh i would have myself focus once more back in front of me as i glance over towards Ruby. “Their is no need to apologize for yourself. I was the idiot who went into that fight expecting a victory only because of how floor 23 was. I went in like the greenhorn frontliner i am and caused the failure in the first place. If i just waited we could’ve gotten a few more people and dealt with everything properly.” I say towards the one person i can say without a doubt is like a sister to me as i than slowly wrap my arms around her in a hug and rests my head against her for but a few moments of time before taking a singular step back as i end the hug. “So don’t go saying something is your fault if it never was.” I say towards Ruby with a slight light hearted chuckle to try and lighten the mood for the duo of players as i hear the sounds of footsteps as i direct my attention towards the arrival of Neo. Nodding my head rather happily i accept one Accuracy, and one LD buff since those will be the most pressing for myself. ‘Wait Zandra retreated...i’ll make sure to get her involved.’  With a quick opening of the menu i send a message towards the berserk healer

Spoiler

“Zandra. We’re on the outskirt of the town about to go back towards the labyrinth. You’re invited and we’re bringing Neo with us. Please come back so we can teach those heroes the power of defenders like us. That does include you. I know you’re fighting for more than just the thrill of the fight. You wouldn’t fight as hard as you do and make sure i’m as safe as i can be during fights if that was the case.”

With the message sent i wait patiently for my response from the woman who i’ve grown to respect.

Equipped: Golden Fleece (+3 LD), Harpe (+9 DMG), Prometheus' Blessing (+2 heavy momentum, +1 regen)
Buffs used: Accuracy +2, LD +3 (Golden garlic bread, Humis dip)

Ruby had accepted the hug Hestia had moved up to give her “But… I just feel like I was responsible for the loss, if I had just hit the shaman and stunned it… we probably could had won that battle… I missed when it was very important...” looking over she had noticed Neo entering the scene, Ruby had sighed and just shook off the negative feelings as now it was no time to be too upset now. Seeing that she had offered free items for them to eat and consume for bonuses she had looked up and blinked a few times asking out to Neo “Are you sure? I didn’t pay for anything. It’s a fair amount just to be handing out you know, could be a handful of col.” however accepting the free gift she had simply thanked Neo for the friendly gifts and swiftly consumed some of them gaining all the bonuses that are within them.

Buffs Used:

Spoiler

Hummus dip: +2 ACC

Buffs Not Used / Battle Ready:

Spoiler

Spinach-Artichoke dip: +2 EVA
Tofu Burger: Protein 2
Sharp Dragon-Fang Potion: +2 DMG

@Neopolitan @Zandra

Neo just rolled her eyes as Ruby took the items. She didn’t have to say it, but these items were being put to good use. These were the front lines, and she would rather be able to take things on at full force than have someone fall because they couldn’t afford to pay for something. Besides, not only were these people front liners, they were going to be in her party. It was better safe than sorry because if they fell, she would fall even faster. They had brought her along because they trusted her, so she wasn’t going to let them down any time soon. Looking around, Neo motioned to see if everyone was ready to go. Though it seemed like they were going to be picking up one more person before making their way to the boss. If they wanted to get back quickly enough though, it seemed as though they would need to hurry up.

Stats:

Spoiler

Stat Block (for searching):

Spoiler

Neopolitan: 780/780 HP | 78/78 EN | 18 DMG | 41 MIT | 5 ACC | 2 EVA | 2 REC | 4 FLN | +6 LD

Stat Block (after switching gear before entering boss thread):

Spoiler

Neopolitan: 780/870 HP | 78/78 EN | 18 DMG | 59 MIT | 5 ACC | 2 EVA | 2 REC | 8-10 PLZ | 4 FLN | +3 LD

Skills & Mods:

Spoiler
  • Total SP: 142
  • Level: 39
  • Skill slots: 6
  • SP not allocated: 4
  • Weapon Skills:
    • Rapier: Grandmaster (50 SP invested): +5 Damage with Rapiers; access to rank 5 Sword Arts
      • Skill Mod: Rapier Finesse - Novice (5 SP invested); -1 energy on all sword arts with rapier (minimum 1 energy)
  • Armor Skills:
    • Light Armor: Novice (5 SP Invested): +5 MIT while wearing light armor
  • Utility Skills:
    • Fishing: (10 SP invested) Can Fish
      • Fishing Loot Table:
        • CD 1: Fished up a boss monster!
        • CD 2-3: Fished up a monster with loot minimum stats
        • CD 4: Nothing seems to be biting...
        • CD 5-6: 1 Material fished up!
        • CD 7-8: 2 Materials fished up!
        • CD 9-10: 3 Materials fished up!
        • CD 11: 4 Materials fished up!
        • CD 12: Treasure Chest fished up!
    • Hiding: Grandmaster (50 SP invested): +5 Stealth rating. +1 base damage when attacking from stealth. +1 turn to DOTs when attacking from stealth.
  • Extra Skills:
    • Martial Arts: Unlocked (no SP invested)
    • Familiar Mastery -  Fighter: Master (18 SP invested): +6 DMG (3 * tier), doesn't stack with damage enhancement and counts towards enhancement cap
    • Survival: Unlocked (no SP invested)
    • Meditation: Unlocked (no SP invested)
    • Disguise: +1 EVA until start of turn

Equipment (for searching):

Spoiler
  • Malice (T2 Rapier with BLD 2, ACC 1) / Accursed lament (T2 Rapier with 1 Fallen, 3 ACC) [If parasol is described as black, accursed lament is equipped]
  • Hardened Leather Armor (T2 light armor MIT 2, recovery 1)
  • Bead Neckalce of finding (+3 LD necklace)
  • Claw Ring (Wedding Ring for +1 DMG)

Equipment (after switching gear before entering boss thread):

Spoiler
  • Malice (T2 Rapier with BLD 2, ACC 1) / Accursed lament (T2 Rapier with 1 Fallen, 3 ACC) [If parasol is described as black, accursed lament is equipped]
  • Hardened Leather Armor (T2 light armor MIT 2, recovery 1)
  • Reinforced Parasol (T2 Shield with Paralyze 2, MIT 1)
  • Claw Ring (Wedding ring for +1 DMG)

Battle-Ready Inventory:

Spoiler
  • 3x Starter healing potions (Heals 50 HP)
  • 5x T1 uncommon Health Potions (+40 HP)
  • 3x Crystal of Agile Dragon Wings (Teleport crystal)

@Zandra

Zandra had started to walk towards the outskirt of the town when a pling was herd. A well noticed ping like when you get a message. She hesitated for a few seconds. Then she decided to open and at least read it. Then decide if she would ignore it or if it was something of importance. When she opened it she saw it was from the tank, the healer, the dps, the everything. It seemed like group one was going to return to the frey of battle and show the ‘heroes’ how others fight when they are united and equal numbers. She couldn’t stop a smile from appearing on her lips. She did a 180 turn and started to run. What they needed most of all now though was speed. She opened her inventory and picked out a potion of vicious dragon, drank it in one go and felt her teeths sharpen. She saw the trio of girls and shouted out. ‘’Heyo, we better not keep them waiting.’’ She said with kind of an almost evil smirk, a smirk that wanted revenge.

Spoiler

taking buffs:

hummus dipp
Tofu burger
golden garlic bread

Using own buffs:

Potion of vicious dragon-fang +3 dmg potion
The serpents spit +24 toxic venom

“It doesn’t matter Ruby hopefully Shield isn’t going to be a prick and try to leave early since us coming back is their only hope of us winning at this point since we can just burst them down. Also hopefully they don’t try to ruin us by allowing the shamans to respawn.” I say in a rather negative viewpoint before shaking my head from one side to the next to just dismiss that for now as i gaze towards Neo and offer a small smile. After awhile Zandra would arrive and with that i would nod and quickly start making my way towards the location from which i remember the labyrinth being. “Okay people! We got time no time to waste! Our objective is the labyrinth, and then to murder the labyrinth guardian! We need to make sure we get there before team shield leaves, and then show them what we're capable of." I shout out quickly towards the gathered assembly of players with a smile across my face and a feeling of confidence about our odds in taking down this labyrinth boss.

Ruby had grinned a little bit and said “I don’t know if it was necessarily intentional, while it’s cool to have items and stuff, strategy is important and is needed to get through a boss battle.” after accepting the items she had said out to Neo “What? Even if it’s going to be used for a good cause its still your hard work and worth a bit of col.” she then looked over to Zandra who had entered the area and joined the group “Hey Zandra, you feeling alright today?” afterward she had looked back to Hestia which had exclaimed out to the group, Ruby had smiled for once in the past hour and said “Well lead the way then, you brought us all here so I suppose you are the leader for today.” she had giggled. Ruby had looked over to Neo then back over to Zandra, then just thought if Shield and the others would not appear… could they win the battle?
@Neopolitan @Zandra

Neo was feeling a little chastised for trying to help, but she supposed it was with good intentions. Sending a message to Ruby to let them know they could talk about compensation after the fight if they really wanted to, she waited for the instructions from Hestia to move out. It seemed that she was going to be the leader, so no point getting ahead of them. That and this was Neo’s first time fighting a proper front line fight. Though yes this wouldn’t be her first boss, that had honestly been quite the mess that she didn’t really enjoy dwelling on. Shaking her head clear, she realized her rapier had been silent so far. Perhaps it was just waiting for the calm before the storm. Though it was certainly going to be itching in its parasol sheathe while they made their way towards the boss itself. Hopefully that wouldn’t interrupt them getting there.

@Zandra

Hestia took command and at this moment, Zandra had not a single thing to say or want to say to argue against it. She just nooded and followed the black haired girl. Ruby sent a question her way if she was feeling alright today. Zandra decided to not hide her feelings or lie. At least not to Hestia or Ruby. ‘’To be honest Ruby, I feel like the opposite to alright. But that is nothing I can care about now. I have to push all those thoughts to the side, I will have enough of time to think and work on that when we have showed the heroes that we peasants isnt in need of their help if we are not split in two groups by this weird system.’’ She she sent a sad but determined look towards Ruby. ‘’Are you okay?’’ she asked with an honest and caring tone in her voice.

I smile happily within a moment seeing that the group i have assembled is willing to work together with the only downside being that during raids this group is impossible down to just group formations. ‘You can’t have three healers in one party not when we’re so sparse on that much needed role and have no others besides us.’ I think to myself a bit somberly at that thought since i am certain that given time i can make this group function quickly and know what to do without even needing to say something. The only thing now though is to find that labyrinth and than subsequently deal with the boss while making sure the credit for finding and killing went to them rather than the “heroes.” Letting my team talk to one another without interrupting them to make sure i don’t ruin their conversations for at least avoid the business until the friendly words are said.  i would mentally go through the list of things i need to say to them afterwards. Glancing towards Neo i would nod towards her with a thankful look within my eyes. “Neo thanks for joining us. Also, thanks for supplying us with the buffs i asked on such short notice. I’ll make sure to let you know much more in advanced next time unlike today.” I say apologetically towards her in regards to just the timing.

Ruby had looked at Zandra as she had spoke out, Ruby had just given her a slight caring smile saying “Well, I know how you feel Zandra. I hope you will feel better though. And for me, besides being responsible for our defeat at the boss, I suppose I am alive and I am alright.” she had looked back over to Neo “It’s been a while since I have last seen you Neo, hope you have grown well? Hope to see you fully in action soon.” she had said with a smile. Then looking back to Hestia and said “So what’s the plan Hestia? Going to head back to the boss itself but doing some other things to pass the time?” She had then sighed, things were a bit boring for her. No other words were needed to be said, and she doesn’t have a familiar to help pass the time, she had just waited for things to begin.

@Neopolitan @Zandra

It seemed that the other three were much more frazzled from their fight than Neo thought they were. Still, it seemed like she was going to be needed. It was surprising they didn’t take another T3 player, though perhaps they knew most of them were busy. Or maybe it had something to do with the tensions she had spotted at the last event she had been to. Either way, they were here and they were making their way towards the boss. Her own familiar spiraled down towards Neo in a lazy circle, pausing a bit to rub cheeks with Ruby. She had been the one to help Neo find him, so it only made sense there was a bit of a connection there as well. Neo wasn’t sure how much of use Ice would be against this much water, but she had been surprised before. Now to find out what was going on before they got into the fight.

@Zandra

Zandra raised an eyebrow when Ruby said she was responsible for how the fight had been turning out. ‘’Responsible? If anyone should be feeling responsible it would be me. Who is stupid enough to enter a boss fight, even if it is a guardian, all alone? But at the moment, we cant think about that. As long as you are alive and combat ready, that is what is most important at the moment. We shalls how those guys right.’’ Then she looked at Neo. ‘’Nice to meet you again Neo. It feels like out path have crossed quite a lot lately. In a good way.’’ She said before looking back at their leader. ‘’that’s true Hestia, what do you think we should do? So we have a coordinated attack when we arrives.’’ She threw a look up at the sky. A confident smile on her lips when she saw the familiar silhouette of a winged predator. Silently without the other hering she mumbled. ‘’Soon Zita, soon.’’

I just nod in understanding at Neo’s silent having known her for always being like this so it isn’t much of a surprise for her to be like this. Gazing back towards the open fields of the 24th floor i head in the direction of where i think the shores of that fight were at. Trying to spot from a distance the forms of shield battling against the reptilian like fish creature. When hearing the questions towards me i would nod my head and feel a surge of confidence and a bit of pride in the idea of being a leader. A figure that people are looking up to in some aspects and are willing to trust the commands and follow the lead of. Gazing back towards the three players with a smile as bright as the sun itself i would nod my head towards them. “All right when it comes to a plan i’ll share the details we have first naturally. The chieftan has a high mitigation rate to nullif my one handed attacks to nothing basically, we can’t use thorns since that’ll kill the shaman that we only need to stun with the weakest sword arts when we can time it to stop his heals. When it comes to a initial attack we’re only using singular target attacks against the chieftan preferably Zandra if you have bullrush knock the chief flat on his a***. Ruby you’ll be on Shaman stun duty when it comes around to doing that if it is up to our group to do so. I’ll be primarily trying to keep ruby’s levels of energy up and only have my initial attack being that of my legion destroyer charge just to assist all of you in some damage.” I list off the initial things i can think of from what we have learned during that fight towards the group.

Ruby had paid her attention toward Hestia when it came to the plan, she had smiled and said “And where was this planning before hand Hestia?” she giggled then said out “There is a slight problem to the plan however, I cannot keep stunning him over and over, so he’s going to need to act sometimes. However with predictions I believe that we can keep him from healing the boss… but we either need thorns to not be a part of your build to keep aggro, or just have someone else keep the aggro.” she had then said “That’s just me though, don’t know if repeated what you just said, but I am concerned about the stun situation, I can’t keep stunning it over and over.” she then thought how fair it was to have the stun cooldown to prevent her from stunning a target over and over again… but it is kind of vital now because she needed to time it in the boss fights.

@Neopolitan @Zandra

Listening to everything that was going on, Neo could definitely tell they had the inside scoop. This wasn’t some random mob that they were fighting. Hestia had told her it was the labyrinth boss, but Neo figured it couldn’t have been that bad if they were bringing her along. After all, she was still pretty low of a level. There also seemed to be some feelings of resentment going around the group, probably something to do with the people who were left there. Deciding not to question it too far, Neo just went ahead and made her way towards the front of the group to make sure she wasn’t surprised in case an enemy showed up for some odd reason. Who knew what was on this floor. Well, the other three probably had a good idea, Neo didn’t though. And hopefully that knowledge meant they would be getting back to the fight as quickly as possible.

@Zandra

Zandra listened as the others went discussed the plan. ‘’Fan, måste verkligen skaffa en sword art som kan stunna.’’ She mumbled to herself as her brain took in the orders from the leader couple. This time, she was a follower, but it didn’t bothered her at all. Not when these was the leaders. ‘’No thorns? I see. Then I better not use this.’’ She opened her inventory and switched her iconic black dragon armor into just some casual clothes. Instead she equipped her half-mask, increasing her ability to spot details in the environment that she would miss otherwise. She looked down on her hand where the celtic ring was that she had bought so long ago. Felt kind of nostalgic to be back in her old scouting gear. That was when she saw something that she recognized. The path they followed splitted into two. ‘’We should take right here.’’ She said to the tank in the front. At least this meant they was on the right track.

LD bonus:
+3 (skill)
+1 (expertise item)
+3 (item)
+3 (food)
Total: +10

ID: 112637 LD: 2+10=12

Total LD: 12

Edited by Zandra