[PP-F2] The Answers we Seek (Lessa)

Hikoru awoke in his bed with a small yawn. It had been a peaceful night for him, and he had gotten a good night of rest for the first time in what seemed like forever. He got up and put on his armor quietly, getting into the comfortable leather that he had grown accustomed to in this game. He came down to the living room to be met with something that wasn't there the night prior. a Large sword, much larger than he had ever seen before. It came off a weird... feeling, but he couldn't put his finger on it. As he approached it, he noticed a small piece of paper attached to it. He picked it up and read the contents.

"Ace, I'm sorry. I leave Gram to you, and so you always know, I love you.
Do not go looking, as I know you will never find me.
But maybe one day we'll see each other again.
~Umiko"

Hikoru knew immediately what this was. He hadn't noticed it before, but this was the weapon that she had shown him a few weeks prior, a weapon held by the Berserker, Ssendom. Hikoru felt tears in his eyes. What did she mean? Where did she go, and what did she mean by "you will never find me?" All these feelings flooded him, and he needed answers. He needed to find Vale, and the person who gave Vale the weapon would be a start. He needed to find the woman who went by Lessa. He had no idea where she would be, but he knew that she had the chance to hold answers to what this weapon is, and why it caused Vale so much pain. He grabbed it and added it to his inventory, grabbing his cloak and making his way to the main settlement of the 21st floor to try to find this woman, or find a lead to where she could have gone.

@Lessa

A fine layer of dust coated every surface, and hung heavy in the still air. Sunlight that filtered through the dirty windows set the particles ablaze, shimmering like a veil of magic. There truly was something surreal in the blacksmith shop, something Lessa had never been able to put her finger on. Through all the years, she had been unable to close up the shop for good. Something always brought her back, despite having no materials, or desire to craft. 

She figured it was the smell, so sharp and familiar. It reminded her of home, even when everything in Aincrad chased those distant memories away. She thought of nights in the barn, watching with fascination as metal was pounded, and horses were shoed. The sparks that flew with each clink of the hammer, and the heat radiating from the forge. Lessa envisioned both as she studied her own forge, still and cold in its disuse.

How long had it been since she had created something? How long had it been since she’d cared enough?

Besides, after so many months, she had grown rusty. Her tools were no longer top-of-the-line, and her skills were severely lacking. Her knowledge of the game’s weaponry and armor was limited to the days when she’d given a damn.

The distant jingle of an opening door caused her to turn, and emerge from her dark hideaway into the shop’s front room.

Hikoru just about sprinted to the nearest Info Broker Post on floor 21. If anyone would have the answers, it would be them. Hik had made it a priority to keep tabs on every frontliner, both old and new to see where they were and to make sure they weren't doing anything stupid. If so, he would send info to Hestia about them. After that, he would leave the nabbing and questioning to her team. He just did his part in keeping everyone here alive, because if they killed each other, they would all die within this game before they reached the 100th floor. He made it to the usual spot where they were and was met with a few older workers of the IBS, people he had come to trust and know that their info was true.

"Oy, what're ye doing here? Ain't ye got a paper list a mile high?" Rory asked, a stout man shorter than him, but bulky and not so easily pushed around. Hikoru just shook his head.

"Looks, that's not of importance right now. I need to know the possible locations of an ex-frontliner, Lessa." Rory looked over to Vylana, a taller woman, but very slim. She started to skim through the papers she had in her inventory.

"Oikawa... Tristan... Shark... Itzal..." She stopped on a piece of paper. "Ah, Lessa. Sightings of her on the 2nd Floor are very high, specifically at one building. It seems to be her shop, but she doesn't stay long, mostly half an hour max at sparattic times." Hikoru nodded

"That's fine, send me the co-ords, I'll head there now. Thanks you two, keep up the good work." The two nodded as Vylana typed out a message to Hik, who received it and started sprinting towards the teleporter. He appeared there a few moments later, and let out a sigh. "Teleport, Floor Two." He spoke as things appeared in pixels before his eyes, closing them as to not blind himself. He opened them a moment later and was back onto Floor two, a familiar place for him. He looked at the co-ords and made his way into that direction until he came to a shop that looked abandoned. He saw movement inside, no lights going, but a person in there nonetheless. He knew this could be someone else, but he couldn't take the chance. He went in, the small ding of a bell going off as he entered, and the person turned. A young lady with blonde hair. He looked from across the way, and his shoulders slumped a little, relaxing as he entered, trying to not look too tense.

"Are you... Lessa?"

The faintest tendrils of recognition licked at her, but Lessa was unable to place the man who stood before her. She was sure she had seen him before, but was unsure of where. He was of average height and build, his shaggy black hair long and on the unruly side. Must just have that face, she determined. The one that is always familiar, even if we’ve never met.

At the same time that he asked her identity, she told him, “The shop is closed.” It was a gut-reaction, and she hardly knew the words were coming out of her own mouth. Why else would the man be here, except to place an order? But she immediately recognized that she had been mistaken, upon giving him a more thorough inspection. Light armor, and of high enough quality that she suspected he was a high-level player. No one matching that description would need her services.

Her blue eyes narrowed with slight suspicion, and she tilted her head as she studied the man further. One hand gravitated toward her front counter, fingertips leaving tiny blotches in the dust. Though holding onto the structure did nothing, it somehow provided some stability.

“Yes, I’m Lessa,” she replied slowly, unsure of what it was she was getting herself into. “Why do you ask?”

• 2 weeks later...

Hikoru's shoulders visibly slumped as she exclaimed that she was Lessa, and he gave a sigh of relief. He walked slowly, his arms visible and nowhere near his weapon. He came up to the counter and pulled down his hood, revealing all of his hair and his silver eyes, known for their intensity in combat, but now they were filled with sorrow, confusion, things that were easy to read. He opened his inventory and pulled out the sword that he had found, Gram, and placed it onto the counter. The giant sword sat and glinted in the room, giving off an ominous vibe from it, almost as if it was covered in a gas that filled the room, suffocating them with dread, along with how Hikoru was already feeling. He looked at Lessa with sincerity.

"I... I want to know how you got this, and.... And why Vale is missing." He said, his voice choked on the last part. He held his tongue for a moment. "She said that you were the person to give this to her in some way shape or form. To do that, my mind only told me that you were the first person to come to, that you were close to her..." He held back the tears, but the water could still be seen glinting off of his eyes. "Please... Please tell me you can help."

((Photo of look here , exclude tears streaming down face))