[SP-F1] Bad Dreams

"Come on sis!" Jess shouted, her smile ear to ear. Jade smiled back, her sister meant everything to her. She was her life, she would do anything if it meant her safety. "Yeah yeah, I'm coming Jess, wait up!" Jade began running through the fields of flowers. White daisies. It was wonderful. She felt like she could do anything. The Jade caught up with Jess, who stopped and giggled. Jade's smile brightened as she slowed to a stop next to her sister. As Jade got a better look at Jess's face, a blue butterfly could be seen on her sisters mouth. Jess stared the thing down in awe, her eyes crossed. Jade remembered a time were a similar thing happened to her with a friend. He was kind, a little odd though, looking like a girl and all. Though Jades reaction was more "Please get it off" then "Its a butterfly!". Jess was nine, and she had signs of being a genius when she was far younger. When their mother died in that horrible accident, their father became a monster of a man. At the time, Jess was only a baby, she would never remember her mother having never met her. But Jess always saw Jade as a mother figure. He punished Jade severally for things she did not do or small things. Most of the time, Jess was responsible for breaking something when their father was drunk and angry. Jade would draw the attention to herself, causing her to take the pain for her little sister. Jade had to be strong for her sister. The sun began dipping down over the horizon, painting the sky in beautiful shades of pink, orange, and blue. Jade stared at the display, she felt safe.

Edited by Ghost

That's when she saw it. The figure, standing in the field of daisies. He just watched them. Jess waved, but it didn't wave back. "Heya mister!" She shouted. Jade looked at the figure skeptically, but was pulled towards it by Jess. "Come on, don't be a scaredy cat. You gotta get to know people, its not that hard you know! You promised!" Jess pulled Jade to the figure. "Mister, mi- mister?" Jess stopped, she realized what it was. It was a scarecrow. It wore a poorly woven sack over its head and it wore, a jacket, blue pants, and a chain watch. This was unusual, I mean It was a scarecrow, you don't have to decorate it. For some reason the scarecrow gave her goosebumps. "Alright Jess, lets go, its getting late." She looked to her side, Jess was gone. "Jess?" Jade looked all around her, there was no way that a nine year old could have sprinted over fifty meters in less then ten seconds. Jade was confused. "Jess! Jess! Jess this isn't funny!" She shouted looking for her sister. She walked to the treeline, shouting for her sister. "Jess! Jess come on, we have to go!" Jade shouted, then looked back. The scarecrow was facing her. Wasn't it facing the other direction before? Jade couldn't remember, she was to worried about Jess.

Edited by Ghost

She stared at the scarecrow for a minute or two, she couldn't look away. She blinked. It was gone. Her reaction was shock, then reasonable explanation tried to kick in. "Maybe, It wasn't there at all, maybe I was poisoned, carbon monoxide poisoning. can make you hallucinate after all. But how did I get poisoned out here? J-Jess! We have to go know! Please come back!" She shouted. No response.She looked up and saw the scarecrow again, this time not in the field, but in the tree above her. She jumped back in surprise, hitting her head on a rock. She woke up when it was darker, a lot darker. The moonlight illuminated everything. She could hear someone humming, most likely her sister looking for her. "Jess?" The humming came to an abrupt and sudden stop. "Hello? Is that you Jess?" Jade asked. She waited a moment, nothing. She got to her feet. "Hello? Is that you Jess?" She froze in her tracks. She looked up, it was her, she was talking. "Jess?" It called out again. Is that me? Jade was about to approach her, or I mean she was going to approach Jade. When she noticed something off about her eyes, I mean Jades eyes. They were black, entirely black. She tried backing away, but she stepped on a twig, Jade looked down for a moment to see the broken branch at her feet. She looked up. She as staring down her copy, but it was staring at her without turning its body. Its neck should have been broken.