[F01 PP] Learning the basics! Or how to use a weapon (TSLIAF)

Spoiler

<<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1

Players over level 15 are ineligible for SP rewards.
This quest is non-repeatable, however any player may participate in a thread to accompany the quest-taker.

Image result for Dungeons and Dragons, Blacksmith

Background Information - An old NPC Blacksmith, dubbed Lyle Tealeaf, is in the Town of Beginnings. He plans on helping the new players of SAO by helping them understand the basics of Sword Art Online.

Quest Objective
- Lyle Tealeaf is short on rarer materials for his weaponry. He needs three(3) Boar Pup Tusks to complete his work. (Boar Pup Tusks are treated as materials, so you need to defeat them until you recover (3) Boar Pup Tusk materials)

-Upon returning to Lyle Tealeaf with (3) Boar Pup Tusks, He asks if you can deliver a package to a young artisan named Hannah who can be found in a grove of trees in the city.

Boar Pup Stats:
HealthPoints: 5
Damage: 3 (does not gain bonus damage on Criticals)
Boars drop Tusks on LD 11+

-Return to Lyle Tealeaf and hand over the materials.

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Pages (20 or more posts)
-Must have completed 'The First Few Lessons are Free' before taking this quest
-Must RP traveling to and from Lyle's workshop
-Maximum Party size of 4.

Rewards:

1. Questers will be rewarded one of the following items by Lyle
    - 1 Tier one weapon with one(1) slots damage or,
    -1 Tier One armor with one(1) slot mitigation

2. A potion of 'Safeguard' that can only be used in the quest 'The Third lesson, Is Just as Free'. Safeguard blocks the damage from the first successful attacks that hits the player.

3. 2 Additional Skill Points

If a party of players undertakes this quest together, each must succeed on their own task list (e.g. each must gather 3 materials)

Recommended Level: 1

Shortly after I had handed the package to the old and bearded Blacksmith Tealeaf he asked me to help him with acquiring some rare materials he needed for his crafts. As Saphira hadn't done the quest on her own, he also asked her if she was willing to help with this. We had talked about it on our way to his workshop, and had agreed that we would do the quest together, right now. So with this in mind I nodded and smiled at the blacksmith and said "Oh yeah, I would love to help you with this. Miss Saphira, are you ready to get some mats?" after that I realized, that his mission was just the same as the first and I was a little worried about it being boring, until I opened the quest menu and skipped through the quests description. It wasn't boring gathering, but instead it was hunting small mobs to obtain the materials we needed. I loved the thought of it, but then I had never really used my weapon, so now I had to learn, and maybe prepare for it. I wondered how much damage the mobs would be able to deal, and it it would hurt, so I simply turned to Saphira and asked her, as she must have fought and also gotten hit a lot to be at such a high level. "Uhm... Miss Saphira, you must have much experience, so would you please tell me how strong those mobs will be. Will I need my shield, or do you think my uniform will be enough? And would you be okay with showing me how to fight on one of them before I try myself?"

Spoiler

Level 3: Rank 1 2H Battle Axe

60/60 HP | 6/6 EN | 5 DMG | 18 MIT | +2 LD | +1 ACC

OOC: @Saphira

• 2 weeks later...

Saphira stood a little bit behind Runa as she handed over the package they had got from Zackharia to Lyle Tealeaf. Then the old blacksmith NPC asked the two, if they could help them gather some rare materials. After the NPC had asked this question Saphira nodded, she nodded once more as Runa asked her, if she was ready to gather some materials. As Runa had asked her this question, it seemed like she realized just now, what they would have to do: gathering. Her face looked funny and Saphira had to smile as Runa opened the quest a little bit worried. After she had read it another expression appeared on her face and just as Saphira expected, Runa asked her again a question. - Don't worry. They are really weak, they aren't really able to hurt you, especially if you have some armour, a low armour is already enough to protect you so you won't need your shield. - Saphira thought a moment, if there was something she could have missed to tell her, but there was nothing left, so she could answer the last part of the question - Sure, if it will help you. But I am pretty sure, that we use different weapons, so I can't help you with any poses you need since I use different ones, but I will try my best to help you at least a little bit. - With a warm smile on her lips Saphira nodded in the direction of the door - Wanna go? We need to go the the more open fields with higher grass, you can lead us there and if we get attacked I will protect you. -

After I had asked Miss Saphira if she could show me how to fight, she said that she would gladly do so, but that she didn't knew if it was very useful, as we used different weapons and the skills would be activated with different poses. "Okay Miss Saphira, I still think it's nice of you to help me with it." When she then nodded at the door I quickly walked towards it and out of the blacksmiths workshop. Once we were outside we headed towards the open fields and soon I was able to see the first small boars standing there, grazing. 
When we came closer, they raised their heads, but it seemed they were not hostile, so no need for Miss Saphira to protect me.
"Look, there they are. Aren't these cute little boars? I think i should take one home and cuddle it. What do you think Miss Saphira? Or maybe I should attack them and get the materials we search for." 

After I had told her that I didn't think she would have to defend me, I walked towards one of them, my big sugarcane Axe in hand and looked at the monster. How would I start an attack what what I wondered, then I remembered the pictures I had seen next to the attacks and I was eager to try it. I told Miss Saphira that I would try it myself and she could watch and tell me what to do better, so I raised the weapon and after a moment to find the right stance it started glowing. Once it was charged I released it and for a short time I lost control over my body. The feeling was strange and I didn't really like it, but at least the effect was nice. The axe swung so quick, it released a shockwave that should have hit the boar, but I missed it entirely. 
The Boar seemed to notice me as he raised his head and started running towards me. Seeing the tusks as they hit me, I jumped back, but the pain I was waiting for didn't appear, and even my HP didn't really drop. It was just one Damage and I could live with that. As the fight had started I called to Miss Saphira 
"I think I can handle this one on my own. Maybe you should go and fight some of your own."

ID# 113557
BD: 3+1 = 4 -> miss
MD: 6 -> hit -> 3-18 = 1 dmg -> 59/60 HP

Runa: 51/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 5 DMG | 18 MIT | +2 LD | +1 ACC
Boar Oub: 5/5 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Runa
  • 1 month later...

Saphira followed Runa as they were able to see the first boar pubs Runa told her, that she won't need to protect her, wit a smile on her face Saphira nodded - I know, they aren't strong, it is still a beginner quest, so everybody has a chance to complete the quest without big damage. - Saphira answered and looked at what the girl was doing now. Saphira watched Runa as she prepared herself to attack one of the small pubs. Before Saphira could try to give Runa a tip after the unsuccessful attack, the girl told her, that she could handle it alone and that she could search as well for some of the pubs. With another small smile on her lips she nodded short and walked a little bit away to attack a alone boar pub. As Saphira tried to sneak up onto the pub the wind turned and the small one lifted his head and sniffed alarmed. Hoping to kill it with a fast move, Saphira made a jump forward and tried to stab it, but the pub was faster and start to run at her and smashed it's head against her leg, she felt no pain and the HP it had cost her was also nothing to speak about, but it annoyed her, that she had failed to hit that small thing.

Spoiler

ID# 115366

BD: 2 + 3 ---> fail ---> -2 EN
MD: 6 ---> hit ---> 3 DMG

- Stats -
Saphira: 277/280 HP | 26/28 EN | DMG 7 | ACC 3 | LD 3
Boar Pub: 5/5 HP | DMG 3

Edited by Saphira

I had just started the fight and told Miss Saphira to go and fight her own mob, when the boar I had attacked started to angrily grunt at me. With my attention brought back to the monster I forgot that she was fighting her own fight and focused on the monster in front of me. It wasn't very big, and as I had learned from it's last attack it wasn't bale to deal lots of damage either, but still I wasn't gonna go easy in this fight. I was sure there were bigger and more dangerous enemies out there and this was training for the day I would have to fight them.
While I got ready so start a second attack against the boar it got so close it was out of the effective range of my axe, because it was to close and when i tried to get back away from it it used its tusks to attack me and it hit my side. If I hadn't been wearing armour this one would have been a good hit, but so the damage got reduced to nearly nothing and the VR system reduced the pain to a mere tickling. I flinched for a second but then got back to my fighting self and stepped back. As soon as I was far enough I tried to get back into the pose I had used for the last attack, and this time both my axe and the shockwave it produced hit the monster, whose HP dropped to zero, so it exploded into pixels. A popup in front of me appeared and I quickly accepted it, as it was one of the tusks I needed to gather for this quest. "Look at that, I already killed this one, and it even dropped one of the tusks we need to gather Miss Saphira"

ID# 115369
BD: 7+1 = 8 -> hit -> 2 x 5 = 10 DMG -> dead
MD: 10 ->critical hit -> 5-18 = 1 dmg -> 58/60 HP

ID# 115370 (Loot Roll)
LD: 18 -> Tusk found 1/3

Runa: 58/60 HP | 3/6 EN | 5 DMG | 18 MIT | +2 LD | +1 ACC
Boar Oub: 0/5 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Runa
  • 1 month later...

Quickly Saphira made a step back and thought about a second attack. The small one looked at here with it's small black eyes and made an angry oink sound. Carefully she came closer, step by step. She let the angry mob come closer, waiting for the moment, when it won't be able to jump out of her range again, even if it would hit her. The Pub made a big jump forward and as it reached her leg again she stabbed it, the little thing exploded into pixels. Hoping for a tusk she looked at the place, but there was no pop up to tell her, that there was one. At least one of them was successful, Saphira looked at Runa as she told her, that she already had found one - Good job - she told her and start to look for the next small pub. It doesn't took her long to find another grazing Boar and close to it, there was a second one.

Spoiler

Attack roll:
ID# 117966
BD: 5 + 3 ---> success ---> 7 DMG to Boar Pub
MD: 8 ---> success ---> 3 DMG to Saphira

LD roll:
ID# 117967
LD: 1 + 3 ---> nothing found

- Stats -
Saphira: 274/280 HP | 26/28 EN | DMG 7 | ACC 3 | LD 3
Boar Pub: -2/5 HP | DMG 3

Edited by Saphira
  • 1 month later...

Once I had killed the boar and looted it for the tusk I had been looking for I had a look at Saphira and saw how she killed the boar she was fighting with, but there was no pop up in front of her, so she probably hadn't been that lucky. She told me that I had done a good job with killing it and started looking for another one of the boars, as we would need to kill some more. I followed her, and while we were looking for the next target for our attacks, I had a look at my energy bar and noticed the fight had already drained it to half.
If the boars had been stronger it would have been a problem and I might even be forced to rest before continuing, but as the mobs died with one good hit I would be able to continue fighting.
Once Saphira had found two more she pointed at them and I told her, that I would take the left one, while I was already charging at it. The axe started glowing, as I ran at the mob and the swordskill was charging up power to get released in one heavy blow. The heavy weapon connected and the boar got knocked back, but while flying away it's tusks ripped open my arm, leaving a red mark and dropping my HP a tiny bit, but the tusk dissolved after the attack and I wasn't able to loot it. A little angry about it I watched Saphira fighting her boar and screaming 
"Yeah, you got this, kill this little monster. And maybe you'll be more lucky this time Miss Saphira" 

ID# 118625
BD: 6+1 = 7 -> hit -> 5x2 = 10 DMG -> dead
MD: 6 -> hit -> 3-18 = 1 DMG -> 57/60HP

ID# 118626
LD: 5+2 = 7 -> no tusk found (1/3)

Runa: 57/60 HP | 2/6 EN | 5 DMG | 18 MIT | +2 LD | +1 ACC
Boar Oub: 0/5 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Runa
  • 2 weeks later...

A short while Saphira watched Runa, she really got better at attacking. After the moment of watching Saphira turned back to the second pub and prepared herself to run at it. As the little boar heard the scream of its sibling it lifted his had and looked around in panic. As he saw Saphira he start to run at her, quickly she start to run at it herself. The boar jumped at her and as its small Tusks hit her arm she slashed with her dagger through it's body, with a suprised sound the small pub exploded into millions of shiny coloreful pixels and as the last pixels had disappear a pop up appeared, she had found one of the Tusks. Happy she accepted the drop and turned to Runa - This time I really had more luck - she smiled - Now there are only two left to find, are you ready to continue fighting or do you need a brake? -

Spoiler

Attack roll:
ID# 119719
BD: 6 + 3 ---> success ---> 7 DMG to Boar Pub
MD: 8 ---> success ---> 3 DMG to Saphira

LD Roll:
ID# 119720
LD: 17 + 3 ---> success, found 1 Boar Pub Tusk ---> 1/3 Tusks found

- Stats -
Saphira: 271/280 HP | 26/28 EN | DMG 7 | ACC 3 | LD 3

Edited by Saphira

Shortly after I had killed the second one Saphira started her attack, and she killed the boar without any problems, and it seemed she even got the first boar tusk she needed. As she asked me if we could continue or if I needed a short rest I looked up to my energy and noticed that it still was enough to fight one more of these little boars, so I quickly said  "No problem there Miss Saphira, let's fight one more, maybe I need a break after that, so my energy can recharge. "

Once we had agreed on having one more fight before having a break we continued to walk around the hills and after just a few steps over the hill we had been I noticed a few more boars that were just waiting for us. With my precious candy in hand I ran down the hill, and a few feet before I reached the first one I let out a cry of enjoyment as the weapon started to glow and I closed the distance with a single jump. The boar raised it's head as it heard the cry and the red eyes focused on me but it wasn't quick enough to get away. The heavy candycane crashed into it and sent it flying, but the pub was able to move its head, so the tusks ripped over my arm leaving a little mark, before the shockwave my axe created hit it a second time and it exploded into pixels. I was still looking at the colourful pixels when the pop up appeared and showed me, that I had just received the second tusk. I quickly accepted them and turned back to see if Saphira was following me down the hill.

ID# 119874
BD: 8+1 = 7 -> hit -> 5x2 = 10 DMG -> dead
MD: 8 -> hit -> 3-18 = 1 DMG -> 56/60HP

ID# 119875
LD: 13+2 = 15 -> tusk found (2/3)

Runa: 57/60 HP | 1/6 EN | 5 DMG | 18 MIT | +2 LD | +1 ACC
Boar Pub: 0/5 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Runa
  • 2 weeks later...

Saphira followed Runa up the hill, on the top of the hill she could see the wide, green meadows and for a moment she enjoyed the wind in her hair. as she heared the fast footsteps of Runa her attention turned back to the quest they were doing. Saphira looked down the hill and saw the boars Runa was running at. With a small smile she followed her quickly down the hill and aimed for the pub to Runa's left. Surprised by Runa's scram the pub lifted it's head and looked at her, Saphira tried to use the moment of surprise and jumped at it, but as her dagger hit the mob it was able to turn it's head and slashed with it's tiny tusks over her arm. After it's revenge the boar pub exploded just like the pub's before into shiny pixels and a popup appeared, telling Saphira, that she did found another tusk.

Spoiler

Attack roll:
ID# 120544
BD: 6 + 3 ---> success ---> 7 DMG to boar pub
MD: 6 ---> success ---> 3 DMG to Saphira

LD Roll:
ID# 120545
LD: 14 + 3 ---> success, found 1 Boar Pub Tusk ---> 2/3 Tusks found 

- Stats -
Saphira: 268/280 HP | 26/28 EN | DMG 7 | ACC 3 | LD 3

Edited by Saphira