<<PP-F17>> I Trust You (Hesita)

The Floor Twenty Four meeting did not go as he thought it would.. he would even have called it a [censored] show. Though everyone had fair points that went against Hestia's raid plans, she was still his friend, and it hurt him to see everyone gang up against her. After Shield had asked Jomei to take charge, and no one else volunteered themselves for that position, the Irishman stepped in. His main goal, however, was to simply diffuse the situation, and get everyone back on the same team. 

The moment everyone began to disperse at the meeting's close, the ginger rushed to the Town of Beginnings' square, which housed the large blue ring that players used to warp between floors. Stepping onto the platform, he recalled the floor and city which Hestia had ran off to. "Floor Seventeen, Athenaia" The ginger haired avatar disappeared in a flash of white light, his vision becoming distorted as he made the virtual trip between floors. Moments later, he found himself standing in the center of a city created mostly from a clean, white marble. Jomei looked around at the Greek city, searching for some sign of where his friend had ran off to. Off in the distance, on a hill overlooking the city, sat a large structure with ginormous marble pillars and a pointed room which bore a resemblance to the real worlds Pantheon. Whether Hesita was up there or not, at least it was offer him a good look over the city. 

After making his was through Athenaia, the man found a path that lead him up the hill. The beaten dirt path soon became that of stone and marble, turning into steps that lead closer to the temple's entrance. There, sitting on the steps alone, with her faithful companion Kuro by her side, sat Hesita, staring blankly out at the city below. The ginger took a few steps and sat down beside her, "I don't think I've ever actually been to this part of Floor Seventeen... You really do get a great look of the entire city." he ended with a small chuckle. He joined her in looking out at the city in silence before turning a chin to look at her, "So, felt it was finally time to part ways with the guild, huh?" 

I stare blankly over the city of marble and beauty a invention of what was most likely modeled after the great cities of the real world. Perfect structures being preserved within the moment of their time. Unbroken, perfect, no flaws to at least my eyes. Everything running smoothly as i just look over the city the people going about and working together to keep this wonderful marvel together as i just look over the city my right hand clenching the fabric of my pants ever so slightly as thoughts storm within my mind. The meeting hanging and running rampant with various thoughts of things i could do or say. Outcomes that i could take to try and make things right, make things most likely worse, to worry people, or possibly bring some sense of comfort. All seeming just like fruitless efforts and a waste of time, and for once...not even knowing what it is worth doing if nobody cares to trust me. Where did i go wrong? I can only ask myself softly as i feel my shoulders just slump downwards as i just stare blankly at the city. Something that was built on trust.

I don't even notice the approaching figure until i hear the voice. I glance towards the man and see the familiar ginger locks of hair that is the form of my former guild leader and flinch ever so slightly before looking away not wanting to meet those eyes. I than hear the question as i look towards the ground as a pain rings within my chest as my eyes slowly get blurry as i can only blink to try and make it stop..and fail horribly at doing so. Didn't take long for you to get here. Did you just walk out of that mess i left...what did i even do wrong. There wasn't any difference at all! I say in frustration as i slam my right hand down hard on the steps my thoughts quickly pestering once more with more questions. All i did was just follow the examples of the past raids! i didn't even do anything wrong! I say as my breathing quickly becomes uneven as any sense of self control i could've tried to compose snaps away instantly. The stone underneath me slowly becoming wet with some tears. I than mutter out just barely as i try to focus. Right..that isn't what you wanted to talk about. The guild. I say softly as i still refuse to meet Jomei's eyes. To look at his face of what i can only imagine is a look of dislike, maybe hate, disappointment probably? it..it didn't feel like a home. All of you felt so busy doing your own things. Off being busy doing whatever. Things felt distant. I say simply towards the leader. I'm a horrible friend anyway. It's always business. Quest this, quest that. Never, can we hangout and just talk. I can't even name a time where i asked any of you. "hey want to just hangout at my place and have a nice dinner together?" "want to just go out and talk" it was always just. "i found this new quest lets get stronger." And look where that got me. Nobody is around. I say my voice still trembling slightly, but also just sounding emotionally dead just as quickly as it had been frustrated and aggressive.  You can have all the strength in the world. But where does that get you if you're apparently the most hated thing along with it.

As almost expected, Hesita avoided eye contact with Jomei, what he could see of her eyes began to become glossy as tears began to gather along her lower lids. She exploded, not sure what went wrong and why so many people went against her battle plans. The man could not help but frown seeing a close friend like this, wishing there was more he could say to make her feel better. Most of the frontliners spoke their piece, and made it apparent that they were not changing their minds any time soon. However, before Jomei could gather a response, Hesita stopped herself.. remembering Jomei had asked about the guild, not the spectacle that was the boss meeting. 

"Embers" Jomei started off using her real world name to try and reach her, his voice soft, "I'm not blaming you. I'm not angry, I don't resent you.. I just only wished you would have let me know." He placed a hand on her shoulder, which was not currently adorned in armor as he was normally used to. "I blame myself for the lack of guild activity.. I've been so focused on joining the front lines again, and trying to plan this wedding with Estelle.. I haven't put my all into keeping this guild alive like I should have been." He let out a small sigh, "The point of the guild was to help people, and protect them... but it was also to get everyone up to par with the front liners so we could participate as a guild.. make a name for ourselves. And you were completely right in pushing quests and leveling on everyone. That's how it should be.. doing quests together.. going on adventures together." The small frown curled upwards into a small smile, "You were becoming much more of a leader of that guild than I was... I was honestly considering you for the leader of the guild if I were to step down." 

I hear that name as i slowly look up my face a slight tint of red from the tears that have clearly fallen by now as i look towards the man and just listen. Actually looking in his eyes as i can now see no resentment like i expect. No disappointment in my failure. No hatred for how badly i messed things up in such a public manner. I than look down towards the ground once more when feeling the hand upon my shoulder as i can only just listen towards him. My breathing still uneven as i just try my best to get it under control while listening so that i don't sound like a total mess when i speak once more. When i hear the words of me possibly being a leader i just let out a hollow sounding laughter as i shake my head no at that as i slowly lift my head to look Jomei in the eyes. What's the point in trying to be a leader at this point? Clearly no one likes me or would trust me. Maybe people in HDA would sure, but I don't need to taint your guild's name. The rest though? I'm not somebody they trust. I'm not some friend. I'm just another role, another number that they can throw around in this game and expect to just play along. I say as my tone slowly turns hostile as my composure slowly breaks once more as my right hand grips my pant leg once more tightly. I may be a leader in my eyes, but when i will look in some mirror tonight i will only see a failure that disappointed them, and is unfit to lead anybody. I just made a greater mess on a more public scale than the last two raids combined.  As i say this tears are just rolling down my face as i my breathing is slightly ragged.

Jomei let out a small breath through his nostrils as Hesita seemed to break again. Guess it was time to just talk about how that boss meeting went rather than slowly work into it like he planned. "The front lines are not a forgiving place.. a lot of the members, myself included, we've had friends die, watched as other players were carved down in front of our eyes.. comrades, those we could not protect. A lot of the veterans.. they don't want to see those mistakes happen again. I am not saying that you would have made those same mistakes, but you haven't been on the front lines as long as some of the others.. mainly Baldur and Shield. I can understand them feeling a little cautious about having a newer member of the raid team taking charge setting up a plan without much input. And  I don't know much of Baldur, but Shield is very.... one sided" he gave a small laugh. "There's not much going against him unless your plans somehow benefit him in some sort of way. Yet, as a comrade on the battlefield, I trust him completely with his role as a tank."

I gain a rather sour look when thinking about the duo of Baldur and Shield, and than subsequently the rest of his group the plain as day emotion across my face that can be read just being a mix of anger and annoyance dancing across my face at the mention of them. They are just another Azure Brigade waiting to happen. I don't care for making plans that benefit such a group let alone just benefit a singular player alone. I make plans and like to think of things that guarantee the safety of every player that can be found while still being as effective as it can be.  We don't need another Zelrius, or another Ssendom. They both sounded like pricks like the rest of their guild if what i had been told about them is right.  I say simply as i slide my hand through the air and than access my inventory as i quickly take out a notebook and flip through the pages until i land on a certain page. Zelirus could dual wield, possible murderer. Ssendom murdered by Opal, though he was a murderer as well. Had something called Berserk skill.  I say as i than flip through the pages once more until i get to the guild sections as i than start reading everything i've written about them word for word. Azure Brigade. A guild lead by Zelrius that quickly died after him. Apparently back in the day they were some kind of elietest club. Sounded like a lot of smug pricks. They even boycotted a boss fight! I'm glad i never met this Zelrius person i'm certain i would've hated him. I say as i finish reading that i put the notebook back away into the inventory and than look towards Jomei. To me if given a wrong push Shield's group is just another this. I don't wish to humor them.

Shield can be a good tank sure i won't argue that. But...he isn't a tank at the sametime and that is something i would agree with Zandra about. i say without any further explanation as i look Jomei in the eyes with a look of conviction as if i fully believe every word i have spoken.

Jomei watched as Hestia pulled a notebook from her inventory, reading off the pages were some very basic information about Zelrius, Ssendom, and the Azure Brigade as a whole. His thoughts lingered for a moment on those two players; two players that he once could have called friends. "You're not wrong." Jomei said with a small chuckle. "Technically, all that information is right. Zelrius had the Dual Wielding skill, the same skill that Death Adder had.. He had killed players, though.. who, I am not sure. He... was an ass, that I won't lie about.. But he fought on the frontlines with all of his might. We knew that when he was there along side us, we would be fine. Ssendom.. Dom.. He had killed a few players, but it was because his love had been kidnapped. Dom only killed those players to save Meokka. He was a ruthless fighter.. but he was one of my closest friends, and I knew I could trust him. The Azure Brigade as a whole, as full of elites it was, the players in that guild all fought for the same goal as us; to get to Floor One Hundred and get us out of this game. The strength that the guild had.. it made plowing through bosses seem easy. I did not support all of their methods.. and, sure, it did not make them seem like the best of people.. but with how fast we were clearing floors.. it gave us a little bit of hope"

Edited by Jomei

I go to say something and than look towards the ground and some thought when trying to think of what to even say at this point. Knowing that i'm not content with what i had been told, but knowing what my initial words to respond back with are just..ignorant and just flat out wrong and easily able to be contradicted. Still doesn't deny the fact they were pricks, and died because of it possibly if that was what Opal and i think the other was that Oikawa person from killing the duo. Though it seems that dual wielding might be fated to fall into the wrong hands if it went from that Zelrius person to than Death Adder.  However, we don't need another Azure Brigade. Nobody needs that. We don't need to just have one strong group that basically is the central power. We need the strength to be spread out instead of just one or two people just stockpiling things that could be handed out and used by others. They might be strong weapons or gear sure, but this isn't a game and thus shouldn't charge for such stuff if it means that more people can live for longer. I say bitterly as i frown as i scroll through my inventory once more and takes out a snowglobe and looks towards Jomei. 300 Mats is what this thing was worth. Held by a DPS that couldn't even use it. he could've given it to someone who could use it. Maybe this item could've saved a lot of lives, or maybe it would never get the chance to add that extra healing from first aid and thus cause the death of someone on the frontlines from missing that amount of health. I say with a shrug of my shoulders as i put the item back into my inventory once more.  If i played this stupid game of charge exuberant prices for gear Kimi would've had to pay like 200 stupid mats to me just for wanting to make sure that a holy weapon fell into the right hands.

"Well.." Jomei said shrugging his shoulders ".. it was all Opal running the show through Laughing Coffin.. It was more so their way of halting our progress, cutting down two of the most powerful players. However, you're not wrong about them being pricks.. even though those pricks were my friends." he said with a small, almost sad smirk. "I was there when they died.. I saw the regret in Oikawa's eyes, like he knew what he was about to do and didn't want to do it. I tried to stop him, but he was just moments faster than me. It was the first time I had ever seen fear in young Zel's eyes. And Opal.. well, she came out of the shadows.. cleaved Dom in two." It had been awhile since he had thought about that memory, which now came back to him as if he were watching it happen before his eyes again. Tears welling up in one of his eyes before running down his cheek. "S-sorry, we are getting off topic." he said, using the back of his hand to wipe the moist trail on his face. 

"You're right, we don't want that again. We don't need all the power in one guild, we want that power spread among the players. Nothing is saying that they will start another Brigade just because the group wishes to fight together. They know eachother's strengths and weaknesses.. they fight well together and trust each other. But you are right, turning this life into a business.. its no right when its people's lives on the line. But he will get whats coming to him if he continues to try and upcharge players. I promise that. The main point is, we need to all be on the same page for this boss fight, or else more people are going to die."

I quickly take out my notebook once more and write down some additional notes from what i had just been told as i give a small nod towards jomei by the end as i set the notebook down and get up onto my feet and give him a small hug having noticed the small tear that ran down his cheek. And than stopping and taking a step back away from Jomei still having a look of uncertainty upon my face though as i would glance towards the town of Athenea once more. If jomei returned the hug i would just smile and tighten the hug slightly with a slight smile across my face. This is the reason why Kimi calls you the guild dad. Cause you are one. I say softly and than would proceed to say with a small smile instead.  I'm sorry for the loss of your friends Jomei. I've never experienced that really so i guess i am lucky..well i at least haven't seen anybody die i guess is a better phrase. People come and go..disappear into the shadows forever seemingly and you just never see people you fought alongside with. That is the only loss i could say i've dealt with. Just distancing and them fading away no matter how much you try to get into contact with them even though you know they aren't dead. I say towards the ginger trying to relate to some extent with him even though it will never be the same the two things. One side deals with the person being gone forever, and the other is left with a small hope that maybe one day the lost will be found.

Jomei you should know just as well as i that Baldur, and Beat are probably two of the strongest players on the frontlines. Baldur because of his weird sword that seemingly defies other damage outputs, and than Beat having worked with Shield to game as much of the mechanics in their favor to get the best damage possible. Honestly, the only person that might compare to Beat is Zandra cause of her fallen axe that she has that can also burn. By putting Beat with Baldur and Shield we're just guaranteeing them a setup where they are getting the last hit, and thus they'll keep it to themselves and nobody will get a last drop. That is my reasoning for being so vehemently against Baldur being with Beat. I want to avoid that future where we're just stuck with such a group. To the point i am rather next time to search for that labyrinth, kill the guardian all before Shield could appear to keep them out if necessary. I don't want to do that, but if it becomes a necessity to make sure others can get a chance to share in getting strength they need i am ready to become a hated individual for it. I say honestly towards Jomei as i look much more relaxed and not speaking angrily, annoyed, or anything such as that. More so speaking like one would about the weather. Also, me and Shield being the same page seems almost impossible by this point. he doesn't trust me and i won't trust his group. One of us is going to need to make the first move and i am almost certain it won't be me.

Jomei noticed Hesita shift in her seat before raising up slightly, to which Jomei did the same. The girl wrapped her arms around him, apologizing for the loss of his friends. "I appreciate it, thanks." he said with a soft voice. For once, he did not react in an extreme way when Hestia brought up his 'guild dad' nickname, he merely smiled; for once, it feeling nice rather than weird. He knew all too well the pain of loss, especially the loss Hestia tried to relate with. He had friends who disappeared, comrades who died, and even killed another player or two.. he knew the pain all too well. But he could not dwell on that past anymore, and he needed to use those memories to push forward. 

As Hestia went back into explanation, he began to see into just why she did not trust that group together, why she related it to Azure Brigade so much. He remembered one of the past boss fights, where he himself had landed the last hit, and the memory hit him of Shield and Beat pretty much prepping themselves for that last hit that Jomei stole. Slowly but surely, he was beginning to agree with her. "Tell me... why is it that Shield says he does not trust you? What happened at that last fight that caused him to think that?" Jomei was almost at the bottom of it all, this last bit of information would hopefully help him make up his own mind. 

I look towards the ground when hearing the question be asked as i look towards the side and hold my left arm slightly with my right hand as i rub it slightly as i bite my lower lip for a moment. Than i just let out a sigh and nod my head knowing that this will be known one way or the other, and that if it will be heard my side deserves to be told in full. Jomei. he means the labyrinth guardian fight. How it went down is this. To explain what i did though i'll explain the floor twenty three as well. Floor twenty three was handled with only Shield and myself primarily. Two tanks took on a labyrinth guardian basically by themselves except for maybe like one or two hits by Beat that took out only a fourth of the HP i think if memory serves. To me, this was my first labyrinth guardian experience. It was easy. Why wouldn't i do what i did next? I say towards him to try and give as much background knowledge as i could towards my former guild leader as i look him in the eyes as their is just a look of slight desperate hope lying within my own blue eyes. Not the utter confidence i always display in fights, and sometimes even during friendly conversations. Now though just looking like a scared child hoping that someone believes them. Comes in floor twenty four me and Ruby went with Itzal to try and find the labyrinth guardian...itzal left before we did because of a disagreement about the decision Hirru made during the twenty third floor boss. Me and Ruby find the labyrinth guardian and begin to fight it with some buffs to try and make it go by quicker. About two rounds go by and the first we learned the bad lesson that the shamans can heal the leader, and remove your hate so they can attack your teammates if you are a tank like i was being. We learned that we need to take care of the shamans we manage to get two strikes off on one before Zandra appeared stunning the entire enemy force. She was her own group since joining a group mid fight is not something the game allows apparently. Thus we go into Zandra aiding us for one AoE against the Shamans that didn't kill them outright btw. Than comes in Shield and his troupe of beat, baldur, and Hirru. Calling themselves and i quote. "Big Damn Heroes."I say this with a look that is a mix of annoyance and disgust.

The fight continues on we manage to lower the group as a whole by eliminating all three shamans. They get re spawned b the chieftan. We knock the shamans once more down to only one and just use stun attack tactics against it to reduce the healing. However, by this point people started to miss attacks, or be running low on energy. We tried to persist through slowly getting closer but eventually me and Ruby backed out with Zandra. Shield's point is that if we left immediately and left it to "the heroes". I say once more saying the word hero as one would spit out venom. They could've done it much faster and not wasted as much time. I am human though and i have some pride. I wouldn't allow the efforts i put into being the first there, and to allow these people who act all high and mighty take all of the credit potentially. I wanted to make sure i was there to stop Shield from doing what he could've done on floor twenty three. he wanted to take on floor twenty three by himself with beat and myself as well, so i made sure he couldn't do it on floor twenty four.

Jomei appreciated that Hestia was willing to go more into details about the Labyrinthine Boss that lacked many details at the boss meeting. The man placed a hand on his chin as he listened, thinking over the story and Shield's reasons for not trusting Hestia. From what he could gather, Ruby, Hesita, and Zandra found the boss, which had some sort of minions that would heal the big bad as well as make it harder for tank roles to do their job. Midway through the fight, after being uneventful in draining its health, Shield's team entered the fray, boasting that they were heroes. Jomei's brow lowered, a familiar voice boasting that he was 'The Hero of Aincrad' playing in his head... the voice of Zel of Azure Brigade. Slowly, as much as he did not want to admit it.. he began to put the pieces together, relating the two groups, at least from Hestia's story and what he already knew. The relations between them and Azure were becoming quite apparent. 

"So he doesn't trust you because your group retreated? Or because you didn't retreat fast enough?"  Jomei was still a bit confused where the actual topic of trust came up in this.. because of the incoming players wanted to take care of it themselves, then they would have been happy with Hestia's retreat. However, that did not seem the case here. Jomei did not doubt that Hesita was telling the whole truth, but he suspected there was part of the story that he was missing.

From what i could tell Jomei i think the trust issue is that we didn't leave immediately once they showed up because all we did was "waste their resources and efforts when helping you wasn't beneficial to us." I say towards him making sure to use the exact quotes that i can remember Shield using during the raid as i look towards him. Soo from that i am guessing he thinks and feels that he can't trust me because i won't make the efficient decisions that will make sure he is being benefited from it along with his group. I say sounding not entirely confident about what i am talking about when speaking about this topic. If there is something else to it i don't know, but that is all i could pick up from why he isn't willing to trust me for at least the labyrinth. The only other thing he could say he doesn't like is that i didn't want to play nice with his idea of trying to do the whole commander thing on the frontlines again. It didn't work for floor twenty three, and i think that it won't work at all on any floor either because of one simple fact. Most of us are just scared kids. We aren't any type of soldiers that will follow through on commands even if it compromises our ideals and beliefs. I say towards the ginger as i cross my arms at my chest and looks towards the side before glancing back towards him. I don't know why Hirru did what he did, but i feel what he did was the correct thing even though i know it won't work a second time. I still accept it as the right thing that he had done.

Jomei kept his mouth shut on the topic of Hirru, for he was on the side that what he did was not right. In the real world, his actions would have still held a bit of treason, but they would have been much more understanding to protect a 'child'. In this world, protecting a lifeless avatar that represents a 'child' was a different story. Luckily for them, it ended up being a bit of a benefit, being that member of the Dark Elf Council retreated and made their fight a bit easier. However, that did not change the fact that he was willing to hurt his comrades who tried to take down a floor boss. That was where the mistrust for Hirru came.

"I think I understand." Jomei said to Hestia in a soft voice after she had shared her final beliefs of why Shield and his team did not trust her. All of the pieces were coming together, from both sides of the story. What Hestia did not know was that Jomei already knew the situation, what happened at with Shield's team, and where this lack of trust came from. Lucky for him, Baldur had revealed the story after she left at the boss meeting. Jomei simply wished to hear his friend out and hear both sides of the story. Jomei took in a deep breath through his nostrils, gazing out in front of him and not towards Hestia. "Thank you, for sharing your half of the story.. Baldur... he already told me their side." 

I nod my head with a small sigh escaping my lips as that could either be a rather good thing, or a horrible thing since anything could've been said at that meeting and i wouldn't know what words were chosen or said. First impressions of anything are usually rather big when trying to decide something, so hearing that side first could not be the best for myself. I glance towards the ground in some silent thought for a few brief moment anxiety and worry being read across everything from facial features to body language as i try to carefully pick out my words. After about almost a full minute in time i glance up towards Jomei once more looking him in the eyes. So..what now? You heard my end, you heard his end. I'm sure you recognize even if we told our ends of the story their is always some amount of bias in our words since we believe something, and thus none of what we said regarding our viewpoints are probably bias free. It's your choice now Jomei whether you want to believe what i said, what he said, or just remain neutral. I say softly towards him as i gaze up and just wait doing my best to hide the worry that i feel. The best is not that great and still plainly obvious across Hestia's entire body that she is worried. The girl fidgeting slightly while waiting to hear the answer.  Holding back any additional comments i could make to avoid influencing the decision beyond just the fact i know i am a friend to him, and thus that'll probably naturally change his decision making.

The moment Jomei was fearing the moment he set out in search of Hestia, telling her his final decision. Which side to take, who to believe, and who to put down. "Embers, you know you are my friend. And I trust you completely." he said, not looking at her at first, but his voice friendly and sincere. "If you do not think you can trust them.. then you do not have to." He finally gave in with trying to convince her to change her mind on trusting the other players. It was not his place to try and change her feelings on a subject she felt so strongly about. "Just as if his group does not want to trust you, they can do the same... I won't lie to you, your decision to side with Hirru during the last boss fight was brave, and showed how large of a heart you have... but it was also what caused much of this. They feel that, after that.. the arguments during the frontliner meeting.. not working well together during the Labyrinthine fight just chipped away at that trust. However, like I said, you have many reasons to not trust them as well.. thinking they are out for themselves, that they will become the next Azure Brigade."

"I trust you. I trust your decisions and you are a dear friend to me.. But I cannot take sides in this disagreement, for that is something that you would need to settle on your own with them." 

I nod my head at that not meeting your eyes as i do so as my right hand just gently taps at my side as i than pause as several things come to my mind as i than look him in the eyes and opens my mouth, and than proceeds to close it. Uhh..what is your name? I mean you know mine, but what is yours? I think i never asked for it in the chaos of the whole...seeing you kill someone thing. I say sounding embarrassed when saying that as a light blush comes across my face as i look down towards the side to avoid meeting your gaze. 'How could i forget his name. Stupid, stupid. You trusted him with yours and he remembered. I mean. he had to have told you giving his name would've only been polite.' i think to myself.  After getting an answer i would look back up to meet his gaze. Uhm..i don't know if getting that trust would be easy if at all possbile. They seemed entirely willing to just disregard anything i say even if what i had laid out was a plan guaranteed to keep everyone alive in the worst situations. Okay so..maybe not Shield's group, but that is only due to the fact that our only other healer is this new chick they brought and i don't know how capable she is so i can't say if she is effective in keeping that group alive if lots of AoE happens. I say being rather blunt and honest with the ginger when telling him this small detail. Also, if you are ever hesitant about my claims they just care for last hits, and could be the next Azure. They tried rather hard to get Bialas, and if you count Baldur they got all but one out of five last hits on the dark council. Impeccable timing and probably luck yes, but still something to keep note. I say towards Jomei as i than blink and shake my head side to side for a moment. Wait, but. Raid. I left before it ended. What was the result for the teams? I ask as all sense of joking, or worry drops away from my eyes and face. Replaced with the usual seriousness i get when in a fight.

The corner of Jomei's lips curled into a small smirk as Hestia brought up the sharing of their names during the Iron Guardian. "You're right, you never did ask for it." Jomei said with a small chuckle. Not many people knew his name, Telrenya and Zandra being the only two. It was something he definitely liked to keep to himself to protect his real world identity. At the moment, Jomei simply ignored the question, continuing on with their conversation. "Well then that's fine. If you don't think the two of you can settle things for awhile, then you do not have to. No body would make the two of you work together." Jomei let out a small chuckle, "Its ironic.. both of you are tanks, meant to stand your ground and not let attacks move you... In this case, both of you have your own plans and mindsets, and are not willing to budge for the other person. Just keep that in mind when you feel like everyone is against you." 

Jomei turned in his seat and placed both of his hands on each of Hestia's shoulders, looking her in the eyes. "Look.. being a leader is one thing.. you have the qualities of it, I can definitely see that. However, leading a group of people that look up to you and trust you, and trying to take lead of a group of veterans who have seen battle and many different faces lead them, is different. Its not meant for everyone and, in honestly, breaks many. I feel like thats the reason Mac won't be coming back to the front lines any time soon, and hell I wouldn't be surprised if this boss fight did the same for me. You should not take it personally, because you are still good at protecting those behind your shield.. and that is really what matters about you." He took his hands away and shone a brighter smile at her.

"Oh, and the raid teams.. well.. they haven't been set in stone yet.. but right now, without you, we really don't have a second tank, so there is a good chance we may be cutting back to just two teams, especially if some of the players you mentioned in your original teams do not make it... I do ask you to reconsider coming though.. we really could use you in this battle. There may not be many second tier players going, but I am damn sure you can keep a lot of us third tier players safe as well." He placed his hands on his knees and pushed himself up to a standing position, "A lot of us still trust and depend on you, the words of a few should not make you think you have are wrong. So think about it, and let me know.. I'll be setting up another meeting soon to finalize all plans." 

As Jomei turned towards the stairs to leave Hestia to think on it, he looked over his shoulder once more. "Nick. That's my name." He showed one last smile to her, "See you soon" 

Looking towards the ground and trying to grasp some words to say when hearing what he has to as i glance up as i see him get up and start to make his way out from where i am as a small smile appears on my face as i only just nod my head towards him with a small wave. I'll see you around than Nick. Maybe we can try to talk for once and just hangout instead of just being business all the time. Thoough i'm certain the next time we'll talk it'll still be about some business before it would get to some nice just idle chatting and talking about hobbies and such. I say in a joking tone of voice towards the ginger as i would wait for him to leave if he would after i say that before i visibly slump in exhaustion and just lean back and just look up towards the skies of the seventeenth floor. Left with conflicting thoughts and feelings with a groan of irritation feeling like i should just go and hit something but not wanting to just be a child about this. I..i hate this world. I want to get out of here and just go back to being a kid. I hate this stupid life. I mutter softly to myself as i feel a soft lick against my cheek as i see my familiar nuzzle up against me as i give him a small hug. You are one of the good things about it though. I say softly towards the precious friend as i pet his head gently and affectionately. Stupid Nick having to bring up good points...should i even bother trying though? I ask myself softly as i gaze towards my familiar and waits hoping to hear an answer only to get no response from the familiar as a sigh escapes my lips. I don't know what i was expecting.