[PP-Fx] Rescue Mission, or Wild Goose Chase?

Day One- Floor 4

Vigilon had been waiting at the meeting place that he was told to wait at. In the chilling town of Snowfrost, in the fourth floor. He looked back at his message to make sure he didn't get anything wrong about where he was supposed to be.

To: Vigilon, @Krysta

Subject: Rumors

I've got a lot to tell you two. Meet me over at the Hearth and Harrow entrance in the fourth floor.

-Akudo

Vigilon closed his messenger, and looked behind him. Sure enough, the Hearth and Harrow was right behind him. He had sent a message asking one of the friends he'd found earlier to join the three players in the matter at hand. Vigilon heard footsteps approaching, and when he turned to the direction of the sound, he saw her. "Hey, Thalia! Glad you could make it! The others haven't arrived yet, but I guess that means we're early!" Thalia smiled and said, "Good to know. I'm actually quite eager to meet these new friends you've made."

Thalia(Her Username is Taika):

Spoiler

Taika.png.226638d8477d070631b9dc1bc38eecd1.png

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  30
HP:  600
EN:  70(Base[60], Energist[10])

Damage: 14(Martial Arts Rank 5[+7], Veriost[+6])

Equipment:

[T1]Berserker Gloves(1 Taunt, 1 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)

[T2]Swift Endurance(1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)

[T1]Karri's Fang(1 Recovery, 1 Accuracy, +1 LD)

Items:

Field Rations[T2](+75 HP for one thread)
Teleport Crystal x3
Tent(-1 to energy cost for two expenditures in combat)
Water Canister(+5 Out-of-Combat Regen[3/3 Charges])

Skills:

One handed straight sword Rank 2

Energist

Martial Arts Rank 5

Familiar Mastery: Fighter Rank 3

Edited by Vigilon

(OOC: I assume you may need a description of the missing player Krysta is searching for if Akudo is going to be the one to confirm it, so you'll find the faceclaim in the spoiler below)

Spoiler

Florima.thumb.jpg.3008ccf0744c988202d8fb82a582e64e.jpg

Krysta had only recently woken up when she received a message from Akudo. Apparently, he had plenty to speak of in regards to the missing player rumors, and he needed to speak to Krysta and Vigilon at the Hearth and Harrow in the fourth floor. Once she left the inn, she looked around the settlement of Taft in search of a tailor's shop in hopes of finding something warm to wear on top of her usual adventuring gear. Not much luck, but she was able to find a cute pair of tights to keep her legs warm. Now she just needed to find something to keep the rest of her warm. "Maybe I'll find more in the fourth floor...after all, it's always cold there, so they probably have some shops filled with warmer garments..." So she made her way to the teleport gate, and was off to the settlement of Snowfrost. 

Once she was there, the first thing she did was seek out another tailor's shop, since the cold began to strike once she arrived. She managed to get herself a white coat that complimented her outfit, and a pair of leather gloves, too. She hoped that she wouldn't be late from the shopping she had done. Once she arrived, she saw Vigilon over at the meeting place, and someone else was there with him. Who might she be? "I'm sorry if I'm late, I had to find something to keep me warm..." She then looked to the other female player. "Oh, I don't believe we have met. I'm Krysta...Vigilon's girlfriend. It's a pleasure to meet you."

@Vigilon

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  20
HP:  400
EN:  40
DMG:  7(OHR Rank 3[+3], Saber of the Thunderhearts[+1], Yolviinsil[+2])

Equipment:

Saber of the Thunderhearts(Damage, Paralysis, Bleed)

Guardian Vest(2 Mitigation)

Regal Retribution(1 Mitigation, 2 Thorns)

Items:

Field Rations[T1](+30 HP)
Teleport Crystal x3
Tent(-1 to energy cost for two expenditures in combat)
Water Canister(+5 Out-of-Combat Regen[3/3 Charges])

Skills: 

One handed Rapier Rank 3

First Aid Rank 2

Familiar Mastery: Fighter rank 2

Vigilon saw Krysta approaching. "Hey, Jewel! Glad you could make it!" Krysta apologized for possibly being late, explaining that she needed to get some warmer clothes on. "I understand. Besides, it looks great on you. Also, if anyone's late, it's Akudo. He said for us to meet him here, but he still hasn't shown up yet!" Krysta introduced herself to Thalia, also mentioning herself as Vigilon's girlfriend. Thalia would smirk and reply with, "Nice to meet you Krysta, call me Taika. I've got the feeling you're suspicious by what you said, though. Don't worry, there's nothing between us, we're just friends from high school, nothing serious." After the introduction, Akudo came over from inside the tavern. "Oh shoot, I totally forgot that I mentioned to meet up at the entrance to Hearth and Harrow, agh, jeez! ...Hey, who's this cutie?" Vigilon facepalmed. "Not again..." Taika couldn't help smiling even though she was currently rolling her eyes. "Um, thanks for the compliment I guess, but don't press your luck. Besides, if you think I'm cute, you should meet Katrina." Akudo shrugged. "Welp, it was worth a shot. Maybe I actually will meet this Katrina you speak of...but enough daydreaming, we've got an important matter to discuss. Come on!" Akudo gestured for the three to come in.

Once the players found a table to sit down at, Akudo would get down to business. "Alright, so I've been able to confirm some rumors, but the whereabouts are still ridiculously all over the place. Currently, there are confirmed reports of a girl matching the description Krysta gave, adorable as described. She's apparently joined forces with another player going by the name 'Telgis', who's a blond guy with glasses that apparently is looking for his friends. The two ended up missing in action about a month ago, somewhere on one of the first ten floors. They are still missing in action, for their usernames still have yet to be crossed off the monument...but since they've been missing for about a month, there's gotta be a reason they haven't tried returning to town or anything. I've also heard a bunch of other rumors about missing players, or some other players at large, but most of it's noise." Vigilon recognized the username, for it was used back in High School, when the guy was the DM for the Dungeons & Dragons group he was in. "That's Dennis, all right. I'd recognize that DM alias anywhere." The conversation was loud enough for one to hear, and yet Vigilon, Taika and Akudo were too focused on the discussion to realize there may be anyone listening...

@Krysta @RyujinSeaLord

(OOC: Thank you @Krysta i was on my phone and couldnt see how long my post actually was)

I noticed a group of players around my level just kinda standing around in the snow conversing. I didn’t know them personally but after coming out of hiding it’s hard to make new friends. I approached casually yet cautiously. 

“Hello there, you guys seem a little lost” I said “Ya know I’ve been all through these floors before, I was the one who helped clear these ones, I could probably help if you need it.

I stood there in my white tunic, black pants, black light winter coat, with a grey and black snake patterned cape, black boots and a sword that looks like its from another galaxy. I wasnt too sure of who these people really were but they seemed like a friendly bunch and maybe, just maybe they might be my key to leveling up and securing a slot with the front liners once again. I did hop that i wasnt intruding upon them and their daily grind to survive.

Edited by RyujinSeaLord
not 150 words

(OOC: @RyujinSeaLord idk if you knew, but it is part of the current general site rules that all IC text in each post must meet or exceed 150 words[excluding the Merchants and shops section, which has a minimum of 100]...)

Krysta felt reassured with what Taika told her, but also a bit nervous, since she managed to completely read into the situation. Akudo arrived at last, and the discussion would begin. Akudo confirmed that Kimberly has been seen in Aincrad, but she is currently missing in action with someone she joined forces with...someone Vigilon knew, for he mentioned the player's real name. "Well then, our course of action is clear, we need to search the floors and find them! Do you have any other leads as to where they may be, Akudo?" Krysta was relieved to know that Kimberly was currently fine, but she wanted to find her, she wanted to be reunited with her. Besides, players were still susceptible to things like fatigue... She couldn't bear to leave her friend to be missing, especially if she was in a terrible condition or situation! Someone then approached the group of players. He said that they seemed a little lost, and that, having been the one who helped clear the floors, that he could help if they needed it. Krysta didn't recognize this player, nor did she remember seeing him with the other frontliners that she saw at the end of the Event Boss fight back in floor 13. "So then, you're a frontliner? ...Or were you once among them? I've heard that they are struggling through some difficult times as of late."

@Vigilon

Krysta asked Akudo if he had any leads in regards to the two players' whereabouts. "Well...Since we're here, we might as well start with this floor. I've ruled out all but two possibilities for this floor. One spot is somewhere within the mountains of this floor, for there are a few caves with various twisting paths that could lead anywhere in the tunnels, I've heard a few players had once gotten lost in there, so it could easily happen again. The other possibility is...The Glacial Cove. I heard that most of the monsters in that area are pretty strong. Taking on a few would be simple, but since I've heard there are large amounts of those things in there, it would definitely be a problem if you were to get swarmed. I can't go with you at the moment, 'Cause if you come up empty, I gotta make sure I have some reliable leads for the other floors. I don't think you should hesitate to help out any other missing players you come across either, since I'm trying to follow the missing player rumors here. An empty lead might still lead to someone in need of help!"

Another player approached the conversation. He believed that they were a little lost, and he claimed that he's been through all these floors before, since he'd helped to clear them, so he could help if they need it. "Well that's a pretty bold claim." Was Vigilon's first response. "If there's one thing I've learned, no matter how many times you've been around one of Aincrad's floors, there always seems to be something you didn't know before." Vigilon noticed that the player's cursor was green. That was one less thing for him to worry about. Then again, they were currently still in the safe zone. "...I guess you could help." If anything went wrong, he had a few teleport crystals that he could even share with his two friends if this guy turned out to be bad news. "We're about to search the first ten floors for two players; people we knew back in the real world who got into this game as well. Turns out, these particular two are missing in action. My new friend and informant, Akudo, just gave us two possible leads for this floor that we could start with. Twisting tunnels within the mountains, and The Glacial cove. If we've got enough time, we might be able to try both." Vigilon extended his hand in greeting. "I'm Vigilon."

Of course, Taika was already thinking of her position in all of this. "I don't consider myself to be totally involved, since I was invited to this without, so I guess I'll sit out of joining a party. I'll still tag along, and if I need to, I can pick off any stragglers when it comes to combat. I'm currently level 26 with Rank 5 in the Two handed spear, so I should be good in terms of being able to hold my own."

@RyujinSeaLord

I chuckled at their replies. This wasnt something i expected to have a conversation over but it not unusual either. 

"No no, im not worried about your combat expertise, Im a rank 5 Katana master ive been that way for years so im not questioning anyones fighting prowess. However ive been through these maps way more often than you could count. I actually have a home on this floor because i absolutely loved this weather, but it was also where my limited supply of star steel came from so i used to trek from town to the north mountain to find them and i had to always be aware of monster patrols and spawning patterns in order to avoid the high dangerous areas back when 50hp was the maximum." I tried to explain to them as best as i could without sounding like a old fart. "This is such a wonderful floor I'd be willing to take you anywhere especially if ends up being dangerous. Celeste here and I have been through several boss fights and more enemies than i can count." i said tapping my katana on my side.

I looked back and worth between the players hoping the would allow me to join them even if it was for a very short time. Something along the lines of an adventure would be just what i needed right about now.

@Krysta

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

Akudo informed Krysta of the two possible places that the missing players could be, should they be on this floor. One of them seemed to be a place with many powerful monsters. Of course, knowing the fact that the more powerful common monsters in this floor could only have up to 200 HP, from what she had been told once, they wouldn't be too much trouble, unless the players were to get swarmed or something. Vigilon spoke to the recent arrival, mildly accepting his help, and explaining the situation briefly. He introduced himself to the player, but got no reply. Taika seemed to consider her position, opting out of any formed parties, claiming that her current skills would help her to deal with any stragglers on her own. "Oh, it's all right, I don't mind any new players joining into this, but it's ultimately your choice if you don't want to join a party on this journey, I respect your decision." The Ex-frontliner said he had a home on this floor, due to not only the weather, but the apparently limited supply of some kind of material known as star steel. He also mentioned that he would be willing to take the players anywhere in this floor, especially if it was a dangerous area, mentioning the name of his weapon as he noted the many fights he had been through. "I do believe it would be great to have another ally with us on the task at hand. You are welcome to join us in our search."

@Vigilon

Vigilon's introduction got no reply. That was new. Of course, if he was to start a party, he would probably need to know the username in order to send him a party invite. He spoke of the fact that he had a home on this floor, due to the weather and something known as star steel. "Star steel, eh? I wonder what I could make with that... Then again, it would simply remain a tier one material if this is the only floor it can be found on." This player seemed to have been practically all over this floor, or so he claimed. "Well, in that case, it would be much easier if we knew where we were going, so, what the heck, why not?" Then he remembered, he didn't know this guy's username. "Um...I'm going to need a username if I'm going to send you a party invite...that is, unless you'd rather not." He still sent a party invite to Krysta, though, since he already knew she'd join it. "So, I believe we were intending to head for either the rumored twisting tunnels within one of the mountains, or the Glacial Cove. If we have enough time in one day, we can try to cover both of this floor's leads."

@RyujinSeaLord

I never intended to ignore anyone nor was i really looking to join a party in this case but I had to think about what would be best for all of us in this situation. I closed my eyes and had some some sudden ptsd flashbacks to friends being mauled and beater and killed while partied up with them or during boss raids. I suddenly gasped and took a brief step back hoping it didnt get noticed.

"No no, its quite alright, i dont need to be in a party, but my name is Ryu, thats all i can give you." i said suddenly and hurriedly. "The star steel can probably be found on other floors now but when it was limited to the first ten floors you could only find it here."

I looked to the male of the group whom seemed to be the leader. "I apologize Vigilon, a lot has happened recently and im not in the best mind set thought wise. Please do not take me ignoring your introduction for rudeness, i simply have been in hiding and have limited myself to NPC script style chat lines which dont acknowledge players before continuing their scriptures as coded" I explain feeling almost robotic as i did. "Well shall we get going, its not going to any warmer if we keep standing around chit chatting, and im sure whoever it is youre looking for would rather be found sooner before later"

@Krysta

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

The player didn't seem to be fond of joining a party, as he hurriedly and suddenly claimed that he didn't need to be in a party, and he also gave the name Ryu, but nothing else in regards to his name or username. "It is perfectly fine. Pleasure to meet you, Ryu, my name is Krysta." Ryu looked to Vigilon, and apologized for ignoring his introduction, saying that since he had been hiding, he was used to speaking with NPCs rather than players. "What could he have possibly been hiding from?" Krysta thought. Ryu then asked if the players should get going, and that he was sure that whoever they were looking for would rather be found sooner than later. "I agree, we must begin our search." Krysta looked towards the horizon, where the summits of a few mountains were visible. Surely, one of these mountains should have the tunnels that were spoken of. She drew her weapon and marched onward toward the mountains. "Onward we go, to the mountains!" She was feeling confident, ready to take on what the floor had in store for her. "I'm coming, Kimberly..."

@Vigilon

The player said he wouldn't need to join a party, and he also said that he could only give the name Ryu. He apologized to Vigilon, saying that he wasn't in the best mindset, thought-wise. He also said he never intended to be rude when he ignored the introduction, that he was used to speaking with NPCs while he was...hiding? Hiding from what? Vigilon shook off the thought, now was not the time to worry about such things, there were about two lives possibly at risk. Ryu asked if they could get going, and Krysta started off toward one of the possible locations where one of the leads would be. Vigilon guessed that she must be very worried about her friend to an extreme degree if she was to drop everything and forge ahead. "...Yeah, we really should get going..." He began to run up ahead to try and catch up with Krysta. "Hey, Jewel, wait for us! Besides, any of those mountains could have the tunnel network we're looking for!" Taika shrugged as she walked towards the two players who ran off. "They could have easily just asked for directions to the mountains that are connected to that tunnel system before running off..."

@RyujinSeaLord

Krysta had gotten so caught up with her sense of urgency in the matter, which was why she headed off as soon as she could in the first place. She remembered how Kimberly would often wonder what life would be like as a noble, heroic adventurer, and now she wondered if this was what it was truly like. Krysta heard Vigilon ask her to wait for the others, and said that the tunnel network could be found in any of the mountains. She stopped to think for a moment. If that was the case, there were two options here. She could attempt to try and pick one mountain to search for the tunnel complex in, or she could ask Ryu if he had seen or been to the tunnel complex. One option seemed much better than the other. She walked over to Ryu, keeping an eye out for any materials she could use as she walked over(of course, there didn't seem to be anything around). "Pardon me, you wouldn't happen to know of a maze of tunnels within the mountains, do you? If so, where do you recall it is?"

ID# 113807 LD: 6(Nothing found)

@Vigilon or @RyujinSeaLord

Edited by Krysta

@I looked to Krystal who asked me a very interesting question which I didn’t have the answer to right away. As we walked I pondered the question.

”There are honestly only 2 mountains him the area with large cavernous underground’s and they actually connect on two different levels. It would take hours, maybe even days to search. It’s not an ideal trip but if you’re willing to put in the effort I would be quite an adventure” I spoke to her trying not to sound discouraging but also trying to lay down the facts of the matter at hand.

”If it’s okay with our host we might be able to take a longer lasting journey but in the end it’s his decision. I’m sure we can fight off whatever comes our way.” I say looking over to Vigilon. @Vigilon

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

In reply to his words, Krysta stopped to think, and walked over to Ryu to ask him about the tunnel complex. As the players walked, Vigilon kept an eye out for anything useful to a blacksmith as he listened to Ryu's delayed response. Of course, there was not much in terms of ore around this snow. Maybe the snow was covering all traces of ore? It would make more sense than the fact that ore could be found anywhere outside the safe zone, usually sticking out of the ground like it had been part of some sort of meteor shower from a single year ago.

Once Ryu finished his explanation, Vigilon would look at the time. "9:57... That's about...twelve hours before we have no choice but to go back...I think." He thought. "Well, we've got about twelve hours before we have no choice but to return to town or camp out, but, other than that, I'd say we've got some time." Taika looked over to Vigilon, a slightly confused expression on her face. "Hold up, are you used to staying up during those nightly hours or something?" Granted, Vigilon had been used to going back to town at dusk, but that was primarily 'cause he believed that most of the PKers showed up specifically at night, not to mention it was harder to see things during the night. "True, I usually stay up for longer since I can't exactly sleep like I used to, that habit of bench-crashing really did a number on me being able to sleep, but I used to almost always return to town, or my shop, at dusk... Although nowadays, my nighttime routine usually ends up as keeping the shop in order, not to mention making plans for certain days, and, of course, feeding Veriost again, sometimes more than once....now that I mention it..." 

He placed his hand on his left shoulder, and noticed the lump that was probably Veriost, sleeping between his garments. He patted the area until the small white frost dragon crawled out. The familiar's expression changed from tired and/or bored to nostalgic and perky when she noticed the floor she was in. "Nice to be back here every once in a while, eh, Veriost? You little sleepyhead, you didn't even notice where you were until I woke you up!" He called out to her as she flew about around the players.

@Krysta

ID# 114029 LD: 8+1=9(failed)

Edited by Vigilon

"I don't care if it even takes us a week, let alone a month, to locate our friends. I'm willing to put in the effort, lives could be at stake!" Krysta explained. "Would you search day and night for a friend or comrade of yours, no matter how long it took you? If so, I'm sure you would be able to relate to the position I'm in." Vigilon explained that they have about twelve hours in this day before they either camp out, or return to town. "I see. Very well, I can accept that amount of time for today." There was such a thing as fatigue in SAO, so Krysta would need to make sure she got enough sleep to keep going the next day...even if it meant only six to seven hours of rest. Taika seemed confused, and Vigilon had to explain what his typical nightly routine was, revealing that he had trouble sleeping at times due to a habit of having slept on benches. He remembered that Veriost was probably with him, and he awakened the familiar, who was apparently sleeping in-between his garments. Krysta giggled as the small white frost dragon flew by her, and then she noticed that there was some extra weight attached to her coat from the inside. Little Yolviinsil was probably being her shy self again, this time with a new hiding space guaranteed to keep her out of sight. "It's alright, Yolviinsil, you can come out. There's currently nothing to worry about, and Veriost is out and about, too!" The small ruby red feathered dragon poked her head out, climbed up to Krysta's shoulder, sneezed, shook herself off, and dove back under Krysta's coat, only poking her head out from between the garments. Must have been the cold. Krysta giggled once more at her shy familiar's antics.

@RyujinSeaLord

I had opened my inventory to equip some other clothing instead of what i was currently wearing. I pulled out my winter ninja gear which really didn't change the look of the traditional shinobi gi, it just changed the fabric from a cotton blend to more of a wool to keep me warm while in the snowy plains of floor 4. I listen to the female player talk and talk about spending a tedious amount of time searching for her friends and then something I almost expected to happen. She asked me if i would do the same thing if I were in her position.

I pulled the ninja cowl over my head and looked her deep in the eyes. "Ill tell you what Krysta. When I first started this death game, if you had asked me that I'd have told you absolutely. But seeing every one of their names, show up on the monument of life, day in and day out....my answer has changed." I spoke getting more and more depressing as time went on.

"If you want my advice. Take you and your closest friends whom you know where they are. And hold them close. Hold them tight. And the ones the go missing. Let them do themselves." I said pulling up the the mouth covering piece of the cowl. "But this is your funeral. I'll help you out, but remember that I'm not obligated to stay if things get bad. Now let's go before we get frostbite." I finished my statement and started walking off towards the mountains leading the way to the mountain labyrinth that the female has asked me where was. It would be a long a cold, cold journey. @Krysta