[F1-PP] <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> Symphony and Katagawa

Symphony walked into the old blacksmith's shop and looked around at all the weapons. Then her eyes rested on the shopkeeper, Lyle. "Hello, Lyle, I was sent here to see if you could teach me the basics about gathering and blacksmith-ing and such." 

Lyle looked over, saying, "Ah, yes. You came right in time young lady. I need you to gather 3 Boar Pup tusks for some armor I need to make. Come back here when you're done." He quickly turned around and went back to work, leaving Symphony to carry out what he had asked of her. 

"Oh. Okay," Symphony said, a bit surprised at his shortness. She quickly recovered from the encounter and set out toward the Safe Zone once again. She waved hello to the baker and alchemists as she passed by, taking her time to smell the fresh, sweet flowers in the merchant's shop as well. 

Hokori was making her way back. From her latest expedition to help a beginner with doing the second lesson. Sadly they weren't geared up for it well enough and she wasn't able to make sure that they could finish it up. It didn't help they were also quite unlucky with the tusks that they weren't getting. Of course, she had heard rumors of worse luck and hadn't had very good luck of her own, so at the end it was really a moot point. As she passed through the gates, she saw another person who seemed to be heading towards the fields with a dagger at the ready, turning around to possibly help some more new players she made her way behind them. SHe didn't try to hide, though she was just looking out in case they accidentally attracted the attention of a larger boar. There was nothing that she could benefit from killing on this floor now, but she could still try to protect people as they made their way through what was more than likely their first combat experience.

@Symphony

Symphony walked out the of the Safe Zone and breathed in the fresh air of the wilderness. "Ah, it feels great to be out here again," she said while stretching. She managed to stretch completely backwards with her face facing behind her when she spotted a stranger behind her. Quickly righting herself, she called to them, "Oh, hey! I didn't know there were many other players here on the first floor! You wouldn't happen to be searching for materials for Lyle, would you? If so, that would be totally awesome if you wanted to team up." She smiled at the other person as she walked over to them. 

Don't trip. Don't trip. Don't trip, she said to herself while walking over. And just like she expected of her clumsy self, she managed to trip on a root sticking up from the ground. She landed straight on her face in front of the stranger. "Ouch..." she croaked out. 

As Hokori was behind the person that was walking towards the fields, she noticed her leaning back. There was little else for her to do except walk a little bit closer. And though she was about to respond, she watched as the woman accidentally tripped over herself and fell to the ground. She reached down to pick her up off her feet as she told them a little bit about herself. "I'm not actually here for the quest, I did it myself quite a while ago. But I do like to help out some lower level players now and then, especially whille I'm not so high level myself. The names Katagawa by the way, seems people have started to call me Kat." Having pulled the girl up, she rested her hands on the large two-handed swordd sstrapped horizontally at the bacck of her waist. Her leather armor was a greyish tone that seemed to have some strange sort of life pulsating from it. A feather necklace hung from her neck as well as she pointed towards the fields. "Let's go ahead and keep walking there, no sense letting you be delayed while talking to me."

@Symphony

Symphony gazed at the sword and armor of Kat as she talked, distracted by the shininess. Then she came back to reality as Kat finished speaking. "Ah, yes!" She walked side-by-side with the woman as they walked down the trail. Suddenly, she heard a rustle come from a set of bushes nearby. Hm. I wonder if that could be one of the small beast I'm looking for, Symphony thought to herself as she walked over to the bushes, dagger at the ready. 

As she got closer, a small grunt could be heard from the bush. All of a sudden, a little boar pup jumped out from the bushes and charged at Symphony. "Gah!" Symphony yelled as she slashed at the boar. However, she missed the speeding ball of fur and got hit in the chest, taking a point of damage. "Oof," she said as she fell to the floor. "Little hecker."

ID#: 113619  BD: 4  MD: 8

Quest objective: 0/3 boar pup tusks 

Spoiler

Symphony: 59/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 4 DMG | 9 MIT | 

Boar: 5/5 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Symphony

Hokori watched as the woman started to make her way towards the first boar. As they fell to the ground once more, Hokori took out her own blade as the mother of the boar pup emerged from the bush. "I've got the mother, you can go for the pup safely. Don't worry about me though, I'll be just fine." She wanted to set an example for the woman, though she was having difficulty finding an opening against the boar. At the very least, it seemed like it was timid enough that it didn't want to attack her either. Perhaps she was just trying to be defensive and the trip up from the woman she had just met wasn't threatening enough to warrant any sort of aggression. Making sure to keep herself between the mother and the other two, she turned towards her backside to address the woman, "Make sure you focus on how you attack before you follow through with the strike. Otherwise you'll never find your center in the heat of battle."

Spoiler

Roll ID: #113620
BD: 1 - crit miss (-2 EN)
CD: 6 - no vampiric proc
BD: 2 - 3 = -1 - miss

[H: 0] Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 26/28 EN | 7 DMG | 8 MIT | 9-10 PLZ | 3 BH | 14 V(D)

Boar: 10/10 HP | 3 DMG

@Symphony

Symphony picked herself back up and braced herself for another charge from the boar. Dagger at the ready, she waited for the boar. She timed her hit perfectly and slashed open the side of the boar pup. Her blade made quick work of the animal and slipped like butter through its torso. She watched it fall and struggle to get up. It struggled only for a few moments and was gone. Symphony sighed, she loved animals, but she also knew that she needed materials and such was the circle of life. She quickly picked up the tusks that the boar dropped and put them in a leather pouch hanging on her belt at her side. Then she looked around for her next target.

I just want to get this over quickly and efficiently, she thought. Harming such cute little creatures is horrible. She tried to reason with herself as the boars were just naturally generated in the game, but she did have a soft spot for animals and couldn't help but think of them as real. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113765  LD: 17 (Success!)

Quest objective: 1/3 materials found

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113677 

BD: 9 (+1 DMG crit)

MD: 2 (Fail)

Symphony: 59/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 4 DMG | 9 MIT

Boar: 0/5 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Symphony

Hkori continued to keep the beast away from getting to its brood. There was no reason for it to engage in the fight. She looked behind herself real quick to make sure that the fight was going ok as she hadn't gotten anything back from the woman herself. It seemed she had this one nearly dealt with though so Hokori refocused her attention on the boar, which had suddenly started charging at her. With the extra reflexes granted by her necklace, she quickly leaped over the top of the beast and vaulted off the top of its back. She waas unable to get a retaliatory strike as she didn't have the time to prepare that much, but she was able to get a sharp whistle out to bring its attention back over to her. At the very least she could try to keep the larger enemy over by her.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #113620
BD: 4 - miss (-2 EN)
CD: 7 - no vampiric proc
BD: 2 - 3 = -1 - miss

[H: 0] Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 26/28 EN | 7 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PLZ | 3 BH | 14 V(D)

Boar: 10/10 HP | 3 DMG

@Symphony

Symphony glanced over at Kat and watched her leap over the boar, impressed by her agility. However, her attention was again diverted back to the task at hand when another boar pup ran out of the bushes towards its mother. It seemed like the poor thing wanted to try and help. But Symphony couldn't let the little guy get there as she didn't want to distract Kat from her battle nor add another little annoyance to her fight. She quickly cut off the boar pup with her blade, slicing it across the face and angering it, causing it to chase her away from its mother. Good, exactly what I wanted, Symphony thought. She danced around the boar pup, dodging its easy attacks, keeping it occupied so that Kat could deal with her behemoth. Huh, strange that such a harmless small creature could grow up into something so bigOh well. This one will never know that fate.

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113766  BD: 7 (Success)  MD: 3 (Fail)

Symphony: 59/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 4 DMG | 9 MIT

Boar: 1/5 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Symphony

The woman had managed to take one of the boars out, and Hokori gave a little smile at that. But for now, she needed to focus her attention on the boar in front of her. She had been playing games long enough. As it was wheeling around for another charge, she prepared her sword art. The boar charged headlong at her, a merciless killer stare in its eyes. All she had for it was the grin on her face. As the boar was closing in, she lunged her giant blade forward and straight into the face of the boar. As it shattered in pixels flying past her, she was amazed at the stupidity of the boars. They were built with some of the best reactions she had seen, but were still some of the dumbest creatures that there were to her knowledge. Well, all the easier to take them out with her blade.

Spoiler

ROll ID: #113767
BD: 10 - major crit (7 + 2 = 9 * 2 = 18 damage)
CD: 5 - no V (D)
MD: dead

[H: 0] Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 24/28 EN | 7 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PLZ | 3 BH | 14 V(D)

Boar: 0/10 HP | 3 DMG

@Symphony

Symphony grinned as she made the finishing blow, slicing the boar pup's head off and watching as it disintegrated into pixels. Oh my. I think I'm beginning to enjoy this, she thought to herself as a troubled look came to her face. I hope this doesn't mean I'm becoming a monster or something... Then she looked down at where the boar pup had been. "Ugh, no loot this time," she said to no one in particular, frustrated at her luck. 

She looked over to watch Kat finish off her enemy. "Nice going, Kat! I'm going to go check these bushes for some more of the little pups. The mom must have had a bigger litter than that." Symphony raced deeper into the brush, trying to find the den. She knew it was reckless to run off alone, but her newfound enjoyment in using her blade and seeing her enemies fall before her eyes was like an alluring drug that she was slowly getting addicted to. 

Spoiler

Roll ID# 113768 

BD: 7 (Success)

MD: 3 (Fail)

Symphony: 59/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 4 DMG | 9 MIT

Boar: 0/5 HP | 3 DMG

Spoiler

Roll ID# 113769

LD: 10 (Fail)

Quest objective: 1/3 materials found

Edited by Symphony

Hokori watched as the girl was making their way towards finding some more boar pups. Waving her along, she hung back a bit in anticipation of any further antagonization coming from some possibly larger threats. It wouldn't be that surprising, but she had a feeling the ones in the general vicinity were already dead. That wasn't to say she would need to give a bit of help with taking on the boar pups. She could very realistically have to make sure that she was available to help out the woman quite quickly. She also needed to get her name. Probably a sneaky friend request sent before they left would do the trick. She seemed like the type that would accept it, though Hokori hated playing on emotional ticks like that. She always felt so slimy for it. Though if she really looked into it, she could tell that this woman was not going to be one to be trifled with when she got a bit more powerful. There was that same merciless drive behind her eyes that the boar she had just killed had. Perhaps she would be able to be free of it eventually, but there was no telling where her story would lead to from this early moment.

@Symphony

Symphony raced through the bushes and trees, breathing deeply as she rushed and searched for another boar pup. She stopped suddenly and froze, listening for movement. Hearing a rustle to her left, she slashed at the boar pup hiding in a bush. She heard it scream as it raced for cover in bushes, crying out with pain and spilling blood across the earth. As she raced after it, she tripped, and the boar pup took the chance to rough her up a little with its short tusks. Symphony scoffed at the weak creature's effort. "Haha, woah there little guy. Don't get too excited now. For your death is soon coming," she said, her eyes gleaming. 

Her blade gleaming, she let the animal flee, eager and addicted to the chase. She let it run a little bit more, getting some exercise and laughing as she ran. This is too fun! she thought. Why have I never gone hunting before? She would make sure to go hunting often after this. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113771 

BD: 6 (success)

MD: 10 (+2 critical)

Symphony: 58/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 4 DMG | 9 MIT

Boar: 1/5 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Symphony

Hokori followed much more slowly through the bushes, knowing that she wouldn't want to be interrupting this little hunt. That and she had a feeling that if the woman got a little too crazy she could end up in the line of sight of them herself. There would be little she could do except defend against their attacks if that were to happen. Of course, they would have to actually try to hit her if they wanted a chance. The little trinket giving her enhanced reflexes had already proved its potency, and that was while she was even weighted down by her two handed sword. She really needed to find a way to be rid of that, but that was going to take some time before she figured out what to do otherwise. There was quite a few options and she didn't want to go down the wrong path twice in a row. That would just mean more wasted col for useless experiments. She needed to know what she wanted before she got it at all.

@Symphony

Symphony finally had had her fun. She jumped quickly in front of the boar pup and sliced in half, her eyes flashing with glee as it broke into pixels in front of her. She checked to see if it dropped any loot and kicked the group, frustrated, when she realized it hadn't. "Gosh, darn it. It's going to take forever to get these materials," she said while checking the watch on her display. 12:35 was printed at the top. "Hm, lunch time, or just about." She pulled out a small snack and sat down, relaxing her tense muscles. 

Looking around, she spotted Kat a short distance away and waved to her. "I have another sandwich to spare if you want to break for lunch with me!" she shouted to her. Symphony may not have been the best cook, but she made do with what she had. She could make the basic sandwich and smoothie if needed, just to help keep her perked up and focused. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113774 

BD: 9 (+1 crit)

MD: 5 (fail)

Symphony: 58/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 4 DMG | 9 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ

Boar: 0/5 HP | 3 DMG

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113775

LD: 2 (epic fail)

Quest objective: 1/3 materials found

Edited by Symphony

Hokori watched as the girl quickly dispatched the boar with little wait. At the very least she was merciful with the kills that she made. As she asked about giving her other sandwich, she did realize that she was quite hungry. It may have been an artificial hunger, but it was still quite there. Taking the sandwich once it was offered, she sat down next to the woman and tried to start a little bit of a conversation. "You never did give me your name. Or are you trying to be the type of person who silently works from the shadows with no one knowing their deep and brooding past. Can't tell what with the black armor." Thankfully it seemed like the people looking for that edgelord, as she had heard her classmates call it, vibe weren't too common in this game. Or maybe she just didn't know it because they were all the ones causing player deaths. The reason why a death on the front lines was worth it. It meant clearing faster which meant that players were less likely to die making it through this game in their own little groups.

@Symphony

Symphony listened and then perked up. "Oh, right! My apologies, I totally blew past the whole name thing haha," she said while putting her hand back behind her head. "The name's Symphony and why the black armor, well..." Symphony looked down at what she was wearing. Black combat boots, dark jeans, and a black t-shirt with dark armor on top. "Oh, huh. I guess I did choose all black didn't I." She laughed. "I just liked the look of the armor and clothes, so they must have just all turned out black. Huh. Oh, and I guess the black goes with the sneak build I'm trying to do!" 

She stared at her armor, picking a piece of a bush out from between her armor and shirt. How the heck that did little sucker get in there, she thought before throwing the twig back into the forest. She turned her attention back to the conversation. "What about you? You seemed agile earlier, yet you use a double handed weapon. Kind of a contradiction, no?"

Hokori listened to the player, intent to try and find out some information about her. She seemed a bit more attentive to the world around her, more so than all the other people who had left her to her own devices while trying to help them on this quest. All that attentiveness certainly didn't seem to give them that much stability though. At the mention of a stealth build, she realized that that could play quite into the favor of the build she was trying to make. With her making it already hard to hit, she could ensure her teammates victory even further by making sure that they still were focusing on her even in their frustration.

"I'm actually working on switching it out," she said in response to Symphony's question, "don't really like the style, but it's what I started with. Trying to become an evasion based tank. Doesn't seem to be too popular though so I'm kinda stuck figuring it all out on my own. Landed a nice unique piece of gear though from someone doing a giveaway. I was the last one there too." She pointed to her greyish armor at the same time. Though she didn't really like the appearance, it was the best piece of gear she had. She would probably want to try to shift it to something a bit more her style if she ever got the chance. Probably some sort of quest or micro-transaction that would get her the ability to change an item's appearance.

@Symphony

Symphony liked the armor that Kat was wearing. It suited her. "Huh, that's a new build I've never heard of before. It seems . . . interesting to say the least. It could also be very helpful to yourself and your team mates." She took a moment to think. "It will definitely allow you to aggro enemies onto you while also being able to miss their shots. Very helpful for weaker builds like me who depend more on attack and less defensive armor." She liked the thought of the build. 

Suddenly, Symphony's ears twitched and her head snapped over to a bush to their right. "Hold on one second," she said as she dashed for the bush, dagger drawn. A boar pup darted out and she immediately used a sword art, slicing through it, practically decapitating it before it faded into pixels. Sure, it may have been overkill, but it felt good. She felt so powerful by defeating the thing in one blow. 

Looking back towards Kat, she apologized, "Sorry about that, but I heard the little guy scuttling around and didn't want to miss another chance to try and collect some tusks." She tucked the boar pup's tusk into her pouch and stretched. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113813

LD: 13 (Success!)

Quest objective: 2/3 boar tusks found!

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113811

BD: 10 (+2 Crit!)

MD: 1

Spoiler

Symphony

HP 60/60 | EN 4/6 | DMG 4 | MIT 9 | PLYZ 9 - 10

Did 12 damage this turn due to sword art + crit

Boar Pup

HP 0/5 | DMG 3    

Spoiler

Rank 1 Sword Arts

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.

Edited by Symphony

Hokori listened to Symphony talk about how builds like the ones she planned on could mesh well. It was certainly the kind of build that could be taken down easily, but would be strong when it wasn't targeted for specifically. Enough accuracy would pretty much destroy the investment that she had into evasion. However the amount of commitment it would like take should balance it out in the end. She would have enough of a backup plan that she could make sure that there was little use for that accuracy once she switched over too it.

As she was in thought, Hokori watched the woman quickly take out one of the other boars that had shown up. "You're fine. You're getting better at taking them down as well which is good. There's another material there by the way, one or two more should finish up this part of the lessons for you. I can't help you out that much sadly or the quest won't count, but I can make sure that you only have to focus on the monsters the quest spawns and not anything else that might spawn on the side.

@Symphony