[F1-PP] <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> Symphony and Katagawa

Symphony smiled at the praise and nodded her head to what Katagawa said. "Oh, okay! I'll set out now if you wanna join me to find another boar pup." She made sure everything was packed and that she wasn't leaving anything. Venturing forward, she checked to make sure that Kat was following and then continued on. 

A short distance ahead, she spotted a boar pup, and immediately crouched down to sneak up on it. She motioned for Kat sneak as well, creeping forward slowly. Suddenly Symphony stepped on a branch and it alerted the boar pup, who immediately charged at her. She managed to dodge out of the way just in time but also missed her attack as the creature passed by. She cursed lightly as she watched the animal charge into a tree. Okay, now she couldn't help but giggle at the sight of its tusks stuck in the tree. She laughed and watched it pull its tusks out of the tree and prepared for it to charge again. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113861

BD: 4 (Fail)

MD: 4

Spoiler

Symphony 

HP 60/60 | 3/6 EN | DMG 4 | MIT 9 | PLYZ 9-10

Boar pup

HP 5/5 | DMG 3

Edited by Symphony

Hokori gestured for Symphony to lead the way as they went to find themselves another boar pup. Watching the battle from a fairly close distance, she was ready to leap into action in case another mother boar showed up to the fight. Instead shoe noticed that the small boar was coming towards her. She gave a soft chuckle and pulled out her large blade. Holding the flat towards the boar, she watched as it bounced harmlessly off of her blade and reeled back towards Symphony. "It's all yours here." This should be interesting to watch. One strike should be enough to finish it off, and the boar was still a little bit stunned from running into a tree and then the flat of a blade. But perhaps Symphony wasn't quite ready to get moving along towards the next quest. This was a good determinant though of being able to accomplish ones goals in combat though. And hopefully that would carry properly over to the next quest where a bit tougher of a challenge awaited her.

@Symphony

Symphony watched the boar pup bounce off the blade of Kat and giggled some more. What a silly thing, she thought, as it charged back towards her. Readying her blade, she waited until the last second to dodge and slice the thing completely in half with her dagger. "Woo!" she called in celebration. "Finally got it!" She looked back over to Kat and smiled, proud of putting the small boar down.

However, when Symphony looked back down at the boar pup, she let out a groan of disappointment. This one hadn't dropped anything useful. "Ugh, I really thought I could be finished by now." Looking back towards Kat, she said, "I'm sorry for keeping you out here this long. Thank you so much for staying with me. I promise this won't be too much longer." She smiled hopefully. 

She then looked around for another spot where a boar pup might be hiding. There seemed to be a promising area a few feet ahead, so she walked towards it, hoping that her guess was correct. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114098

BD: 9 (+1 crit)

MD: 5 (fail)

Roll ID#: 114099

LD: 1 (i cri)

Quest objective: 2/3 boar pup tusks found

Symphony 

HP 60/60 | 3/6 EN | DMG 4 (5 for this turn) | MIT 9 | PLYZ 9-10

Boar pup

HP 5/5 | DMG 3

Edited by Symphony

Hokori watched as Symphony quickly dispatched the boar pup that had bounced off of her blade. It was a quick death thankfully, so at least she wasn't one to toy with her prey. But the joy she was having was perhaps worrying. There was little that she could do to help litigate her fears of this woman becoming quite the killer later on down the road. Perhaps it would improve at a later time, but for now, she still had that concern. Wiping the concerned look off of her face, she quickly got a reply back towards her. "Oh no, not a problem. Always willing to help make sure that people get some help. On top of that, I seem to get a little bit of experience points still when I'm near these deaths, even if they are incredibly weak. Not as much as it used to be, but still something I guess." Hokori hung back a bit and let Symphony lead as she looked around for more boar pups to hunt down. It was goign to be another long run at this quest it seemed. But what else was new, this quest was punishing to anyone who couldn't take on multiple at a time it seemed.

@Symphony

Suddenly, out of the bushes sprang 2 little boar pups. They were very angry that someone had happened upon their hiding place. Symphony laughed and watched them run around. "Hey, Kat! It seems like I have two to face now! Don't worry though, I'll be fine," she assured the other woman. 

Immediately, Symphony attempted an attack on the first boar pup with her sword art. However, she failed miserably and ended up getting her dagger stuck in a tree. "Are...are you serious?" Symphony asked no one in particular as she just kind of stared at the dagger embedded in the tree in awe. Her lack of focus, allowed the second boar pup to sneak up behind her and hit her in the back of the knees, only doing a little damage. "Hey, you little bugger!" she yelled while turning around. What an annoying little beast, she thought to herself as she watched the thing begin to run in circles.

@Katagawa

Roll ID#: 114523

BD: 3 (fail)

Boar 1 MD: 2

Boar Pup 2:

Roll ID#: 114526

MD: 7 (success)

Symphony 

HP 59/60 | 0/6 EN | DMG 4 | MIT 9 | PLYZ 9-10

Boar pup 1

HP 5/5 | DMG 3

Boar pup 2

HP 5/5 | DMG 3

Edited by Symphony

Though two more boar pups came towards Symphony, she reassured Hokori that things would be fine. Trusting her as such, she leaned on a tree to watch the fight unfold. Of course, as soon as Symphony tried to attack, she ended up getting her dagger stuck in a tree. Stifling a laugh at the sight, Hokori made her way over to the tree and quickly and cleanly cut it into two. The tree shattered, freeing the dagger for symphony to continue wielding. "Don't look right at the superficial point you wish to strike. You have to make sure you follow all the way through the targets body. You need to think three feet past the boar with your thrust, otherwise you'll never put enough force to do more than scratch it." Backing off once more, Hokori hoped that the woman had taken her advice seriously enough and waited to see if she could get the job done. There was no guarantee it would connect, but the least she could do was help them out.

@Symphony

• 4 months later...

Symphony was about to attack when she suddenly heard something behind her. She stopped combat and ran back into the forest around them, disappearing into the brush. A strange high-pitched noise had made its way towards her. It called out to her. 

She did feel bad for leaving Katagawa, but she was also aware that the sound was one of danger. She had heard it before. She knew the sound meant bad things, and she wanted to save someone else before the bad thing happened. "Sorry, Kat!" she yelled back as she ran off. "I just remembered that I have to deal with something. It's... important." Turning back around, she raced off deeper into the forest. She ran as fast as her legs could take her, and they soon started to ache. But she kept fighting on. She would run until her legs gave out if she had to, in order to save another life. 

[OC: Both posters agreed to pre-maturely finish this thread. Symphony wishes to restart the quest on her own as this thread has stagnated.]

End of thread rewards: 

Katagawa: 1 SP, 200 Col

Symphony: 1 SP, 200 Col