[PP-F01] Sweet Home w/ Matoyasu

Kirbs wrapped the bundle around her neck and fidgetted with her fingers unconsciously. She was just having one of those days where she just had to get out of her cramped little shop. It was cosy in there and all, but the stuffy air and sore limbs practically begged her to get some outside time. Scarfy had decided to tag along with her as well, much to her demise. He had wrapped himself around her arm, which didn't help the soreness at all.

She peeked through countless shop windows and sighed. She was barely five minutes into this floor and she already started giving up. She had a whole free day in front of her, she didn't even know why she would spend it in the Town of Beginnings. Heck, she could be relaxing on the beaches of floor sixteen right now if she felt like her. She internally ground and looked up at the sky. But the teleport pad is so far away. She emphasized in her head. Rolling her eyes, she turned another corner in the endless maze of shops and crowds.

@Matoyasu

Edited by Kirbs

Unfortunately, it would seem as though this day had been like any other. Others would be out working on clearing the floors and Matoyasu would simply find himself back on the first floor, within the Town of Beginnings. Although he had all of this energy simply welling up within him, he just couldn't take that step to head on out and work towards helping the others. Just the thought of it was.. tiring? Regardless of the reason, he just couldn't work himself up to go and do it. Honestly, I am going to need to try and find some motivation to head on out of here. I keep finding myself just.. running out of things to do..! I guess that's just the kind of thing that happens after two years though..

With these thoughts in mind, Matoyasu would simply let out an exhausted sigh. He had wanted to get out of the area and at least try and find a way to dig up some col if anything, but his mind and his heart just didn't seem to want to agree with one another. As such, Matoyasu would simply find himself doing what he's been doing for the past couple of years. Wandering around the alleyways in hopes of finding something to occupy his time. Anything at all..

It was than that Matoyasu's eyes would fall upon something rather interesting in the crowd. Different to say in the least. At least, that is compared to that of which he has seen over the course of his stay primarily in the town of beginnings. A redheaded girl with some kind of creature wrapped around her arm? A snake with a fox's head? From what he could tell, it was likely a familiar. At least, he hoped that that had been the case. Hoping to learn more, he would begin to approach her from among the crowd. Whilst scratching idly at the back of his head with his left hand, he would offer the girl a slight smile. "Well hello there! Quite the intricate companion you have there. Might I ask where you acquired it?"

@Kirbs

Averting her head towards an unfamiliar voice, she tilted her head. She looked at him from head to toe and raised one of her eyebrows. Well, this is certainly the first, she admitted to herself silently. Snapping out of her thoughts, she gave a small and nervous and laugh before nodding her head. “Yes,” she stole a glance at her stoic familiar, “he’s certainly... a unique one.” Scratching her chin, she blinked a few times as the memories flooded back to her. “Ah, right,” she mumbled numbly. “I got ol’ Scarfy here from floor nine. If you’re looking for one, I advise you to go with someone.” She joked, patting Scarfy in between his ears cautiously. “He almost strangled me the first time I met him,” Kirbs exclaimed, casting her familiar a small glare. Scarfy just took a small glance at her before turning his snout in another direction.

The red-haired player gave a sigh before shrugging her shoulders. “They’re arrogant brings but they’re pretty good in the battlefield. He’s been helpful in quests, whether I really like it or not.”

@Matoyasu

Edited by Kirbs

Matoyasu would simply begin to nod as he would continue to listen to the girls words. He had most certainly found her familiar to be rather interesting, and in turn, thought the same of her. A slight smile would begin to come across his face as he would think about what it would be like for him to have a familiar. Someone at his side that could both keep him company and assist him in quests, such as Scarfy seemed to do for the girl."I see. Well, that most certainly sounds like it was an interesting time, to say in the least! I might just have to head on out and see what I can find out there.. Of course, that would take me actually leaving the first floor.."

With that, Matoyasu would bring his attention back towards the girl in front of him. He hadn't actually gone as far as to introduce himself to anyone really, so this was going to be a pretty big step for him. One that he believed needed to be done regardless. Whilst allowing for his smile to grow a tad bit wider, Matoyasu would extend his hand out to the girl, attempting to greet her properly. "Well, I am sure that you and Scarfy are quite the pair. I uh.. I'm Matoyasu. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." All the while that he had been speaking to the redheaded girl, Matoyasu would internally be hoping than he wasn't being weirder than the average person would normally be. He was hoping to at least try and make some friends whilst stuck in this game.

@Kirbs

“Interesting is right,” she muttered, crossing her arms. Scarfy, by the means of not being in combat, has hardly been anything but kind to her. It was a mutual relationship. He would help her fight, she would give him food. Kirbs ran a hand up her face and gripped her bangs as she internally groaned. Good God, I made it sound like a bloody business deal. Isn’t he supposed to be my friend? Is this what I get for naming him after a giant, bipolar monster? She sighed, shrugging her shoulders with a small smile. “Don’t worry though, I’m pretty sure not every Nguruvilu is like Scarfy,” Kirbs giggles nervously, really hoping that what she said was true. Her familiar looked up from his place on her shoulder and stared at the other player for a few seconds before taking his place near her collarbone once again. Is that a good sign..?

She shook his hand cautiously, still not sure if he could be trusted enough to actually relax around him. “Ah, the pleasure is all mine. My name is Kirbs,” the player gave a somewhat smile and retracted her hand. “So, do you live around here or something, Matoyasu?” She asked, raising one of her eyebrows in question.

@Matoyasu

Edited by Kirbs

"So their a Nguruvilu? I don't recall ever hearing of such a creature. It must truly be unique!" A single eyebrow would be raised as Matoyasu would begin to ponder over the familiar. Honestly, he couldn't possibly think of any unique creatures that inhabit the surrounding area, that he might want to take on as a familiar. It was definitely something that he was going to need to save for later. Of course, with that thought stuck in his mind, Matoyasu would need to shake his head a bit to try and focus on the conversation in front of him. He didn't wish to appear as rude after all. 

It was around this time that Kirbs would extend her hand out to him, shaking his hand. This act would cause his smile to grow wide for a moment, but it would quickly fade back to the way that it had been previously. I might actually have a friend..! Doubtful to assume as much right now, but still! Of course, once Kirbs would begin to prompt him with a question, Matoyasu would retract his hand back to his side whilst thinking of how to properly respond. He didn't exactly live in the surrounding area. It was more likely to explain that he had simply been sticking around the area. Ultimately, he would choose to respond in kind. "First and foremost, well met Kirbs. As for my residency..? I.. suppose that you could say that? It's more accurate to state that I've been sticking around in one of the inns for the past couple of years. I wasn't too sure on what to do since the announcement so.. I've just kind of waited around. I suppose that you could say that I was.. worried for my own safety. Of course, I am hoping to change that! But I just don't know the steps to take for that to happen..but uh.. Yeah. I suppose that you could say that I live around here." Unfortunately, it was all too in character for him to ramble on about things. He just didn't know what the right thing to say was.

@Kirbs

Kirbs scratches the back of her head nonchalantly. “Yeah, it’s apparently some kind of mythological creature in the real world,” she mumbled, not really sure where she was actually getting this information from. She flashed him a small smile and shrugged her shoulders. “I never knew what it was until I got Scarfy here, so I guess I killed two birds with one stone,” she muttered the last part to herself, “I never knew what the bloody meant until now.” She shook her head and chuckled to herself as she tightened the scarf around her neck. 

“I see,” she muttered, even when she totally didn’t understand what he was saying. “Oh well, I guess you have to start somewhere. Don’t worry though. I was pretty freaked out by this whole thing and stayed in town for a little while before I actually had the guts to get out of this dump,” she chuckled before continuing. “It’s not such a scary place out there, mate. You just gotta watch your step, especially if you’re a solo player. You look like the type who’d get along with people, I assume. Try joining a guild. It’d make hunting and quests a whole lot easier if you’d ask me.”

@Matoyasu

Edited by Kirbs

Hearing that the world out there wasn't such a scary place had somewhat reassured Matoyasu. He typically found himself believing what others had told him, so to hear such a thing from another player had helped him immensely. "You really don't think so..? Well, I suppose that that could be the case than. It's either that or you're just strong enough to kick some serious ass out there." He would than than simply begin to shrug as he thought about what she would say next. Did he really seem like he'd fit in with a guild? She might have been wrong, or maybe super right? Regardless, Matoyasu would take her word for it. "If you think that that is the case, than I might just have to see what guilds are out there and hope that maybe one will take me on.."

It was than that an inspiration of sorts would begin to come to Matoyasu. His eyes would be filled with a look of joy as he drags two of his fingers downwards, opening up his menu. From there, he would begin to search through the menu for the add friend button. Of course, he wouldn't push it just yet. His hand would simply hover over it for the time being, whilst a smile would remain on his face. Hoping that this would actually come to fruition, he would bluntly ask Kirbs, "Would you like to be my friend, Miss Kirbs?" If she were to have accepted his verbal offer, than she would quite honestly have been his first friend in the game in the two years that he had been here. It was unfortunate but entirely true. Of course, he wasn't going to force that kind of thing on her or anything. It was simply something that he would hope for. 

@Kirbs

She gave a dry laugh. "I'm probably the exact opposite from an arse kicker but I'm not going to deny it," she joked, fidgetting with her fingers. She looked towards the town exit and sighed to herself. "It can be pretty rough out there," she mumbled, "so make sure you bring someone out with you when you go on a quest. I know a few people who have had close calls down here. The mobs may be easy, but don't let that cloud your judgement. They're still a pain in the arse to deal with." She turned back to Matoyasu and grinned, hoping to lighten the mood. "Don't worry your little head. You're a bright fellow, I'll be damned if they don't accept you into a guild," she winked at him and patted his shoulder reassuringly.

Kirbs looked at him suspiciously as he swiped through his menu. Her eyes widened by a fraction as his hand hovered over the menu. "R-really?" She narrowed her eyes at him and then to her palms. He seems like a good kid. Can I trust him? I can easily defeat him in a dual if I need to. She huffed and nodded her head, putting on a small smile. "Sure, why not?"

@Matoyasu

The moment that Kirbs would wink at him, Matoyasu would have to avert his gaze. It wasn't something that he had been used to, either in the real world or in this one. As such, a light pink tinge could be seen forming upon his cheeks, but it would quickly begin to fade away. His mind had to focus on the task at hand, or he would never be able to stop thinking about what had just happened.

Upon Kirbs giving her verbal consent, Matoyasu would begin to nod a bit. From there, he would press the green button on the lower right section of the menu. In doing so, a friend request would be sent on over to Kirbs. The fact that he had managed to secure a friend was something that he had been quite proud of. Not having anyone to really get along with out here, for the past couple of years, had put a bit of a strain on him. By this point, he had even been considering just hanging out with the NPC's so that he would have company. This would hopefully turn things around for him though. "Awesome! Thanks Kirbs. I look forward to seeing where our future shall lead.. Y'know, as friends and stuff."

Matoyasu would than begin to nod once more before turning his attention back towards a topic that had been previously mentioned. A few of them actually. "You might not think of yourself as an ass kicker, but I'm sure that you and Scarfy are quite effective out of the field together. After all, isn't that what a familiar tends to do? Assist its companion?" Honestly not sure if he had even been correct, Matoyasu would begin to shrug. He would likely find the truth to that statement in time. "Speaking of which.. Do you and Scarfy happen to be in a guild? I only ask since you seem to know about them and stuff."

@Kirbs