[SP/F1] Finding a new friend <<Feeding your Enemy>>

Spoiler

Any Floor
<<Feeding your Enemy>>
Recommended Level: Any
Repeatable if you no longer have a familiar | Party Limit: 2

Rewards:

• A familiar of your choice (within guidelines)
  • 1 Skill Point (first completion only)

Requirements:

• RP meeting the gypsy and obtaining the food from her
  • Obtain a familiar
  • At least 1 page (20 posts)

Summary:

An old gypsy NPC approaches you, telling tales of how she tamed monsters. Giving you some food, she tells you how to tame your own familiar.

Outline:

Once every 15 posts, the party leader may roll to search for a familiar. On a roll of 15+ LD (normal LD enhancements apply), you successfully find a potential familiar.

Once a potential familiar is found, that party leader has 4 attempts to tame it. Taming is a post action that is successful on a CD roll of 9+. If the party leader fails all 4 attempts, the potential familiar becomes untamable and a new one may be searched for in 15 posts. 

If the roll to tame is met, you have successfully attained a familiar. Return the <<Familiar Food>> to the Gypsy NPC to complete the quest. Only one familiar may be found per thread.

Spoiler

Alec -- Lvl: 10 / HP:  200 / EN:  20 / DMG: 3 DMG / MIT: 40 MIT / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

(Shield) Thorns (1)
Cost: 1 Slot
Cap: 2 Slots
Effect: Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (9 per slot * Tier) (9) unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy. Only activates on damage dealing, melee attacks.

9 DMG - Thorns

(Shield) Paralyze (1)
Cost: 1 Slot
Cap: 2 Slots
Effect: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot)remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties.

Equipped:

Mithril Battle Axe

Shield of the Thunderhearts

Reinforced Heavy Iron Breastplate

Battle Ready:

(2) Tier 1 Healing Potions (+40 HP)

Alec awoke from his sleep and stretched his arms and legs. THUMP CCRREEAAKK. "Ggrrrrrrrr!!" Alec growled as his smashed his hands into the wall and his legs connected with the foot board of his cramped wooden bed. Alec's face instantly adopt its natural scowl that rested there nearly permanently since bring stuck here in Aincrad. Alec withdrew his legs and fought the nearly overwhelming urge to intentionally slam then into the foot board in an attempt to break the already rickety wooden framed bed. Thus damnable place was too small. Everything was too small here. It was built for regular sized people. Alec's nearly six and a half foot frame with his overly wide shoulders and back was too large for everything he'd encountered here so far. Beds were too small, doorways made him duck, he couldn't pass someone in a hallway with out having to turn sideways and suck in his chest, the stairways felt like he was walking through a shoe box. Everything was just to small! Some days Alec awoke with a near berserk rage. He always seemed angry or frustrated here. Why was that? He wasn't like this back home. At home he always had a ready smile or a deep baritone laugh that shook his entire body and invariably made everyone around him laugh and be happy too. Here though he was always irritated! Unless he was outside the Town. There it was Alec thought he needed to get outside the Town. He'd be been outside the last few days. He needed to get out today. Quest or no quest he needed to outside the walls.

Edited by Takalo
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alec shifted his weight in the bed and received an alarming loud CCRREEEAAAKKKK as he rolled from his back to a sitting position placing his bare feet on the cold hardwood of the tiny room he rented in one of the Town of Beginnings many Inns. Most were exactly alike. Small rooms with no decorations, wood floors with no rugs and about as bare bones plain as you could get. The lack of niceties didn't bother Alec, he didn't need many creature comforts "But a freaking larger bed sure would be nice!" Alec thought to himself. But he'd tried a handful of different Inns since being stuck here in the Death Game known as Sword Art Online and more or less they were all the same a minor cosmetic difference here and there but fundamentally they were all the same. Beds too small, tiny rooms and very Spartan in nature. "Oh well." thought Alec as he scrubbed his hands over his bald head and scratched his fingers through his thick salt and pepper beard.

Alec flexed his tree trunk like legs and received a final CCRREEEAAAKKKK from the bed as he stood to his full height inside the small room. Alec felt all the usual knots and kinks in his body that bid him a good morning every day upon waking up. Alec stretched his arms out wide eliciting the expected and customary pop from his sternum spreading apart and shifting to its natural position. Alec then rolled his shoulder forward causing a series of pops and cracks ad his shoulders reset themselves to their customary position. Finally Alec leaned forward and stretched down towards his toes sighing in relief as each and every vertebrae in his spine popped and reset to its correct spot. With his morning stretches and readjustments out of the way Alec stood and walked a tight circle around the room before opening his inventory.

Alec reached out his large hand and with a swift downward swipe opened his inventory and looked at its contents. Out of sheer habit he selected his brown wool pants and equipped them. Then he tapped his sturdy worn brown leather boots and equipped those as well. Finally he selected his bear skin shoulder wrap and selected that as well causing it to materialize out of thin air resting upon his broad shoulders. Now that he was fully clothed he turned toward the wooden door that led from his tiny room to the tiny hallway beyond. Alec took the one step it took him to travel from his bed to the door that led to the hallway beyond and reached out wrapping his large hand around the knob turning it and pulling the door open. With the door open Alec stepped out into the hallway and pulled his door closed behind him.

Alec boots thumped and echoed hollowly off the hardwood floor of the hallway. They were heavy and empty booms as he made his way from his door about halfway down the hall of the Inn's Second Floor to the stairs at the end of the hallway. As he approached the stairs he was again reminded of small and narrow they were for him. Normal sized people wouldn't even think twice about them but Alec was forced to duck and lean slightly so as not to hit his head on the sloped ceiling. He also tucked his shoulders in slightly so they wouldn't rub on the sides of the stairway. His boots continued to thump heavily on the wooden stairs as he made his way down to the Inn's Common Room. Alec began to ponder as he descended the stairs "What should he do today?" He'd finished the Tutorial Quest Line yesterday and now he was at an impasse.

He had of course heard people talk about such things during his time here. He knew you could just go outside the Town and look for monsters or mobs he'd heard them called and kill them he had heard it was called grinding. It sounded easy but slow. He knew the best way was to pick up quests the experience was better and the rewards were better too. Alec continued to ponder his dilemma as he descended the stairs and entered the Common Room. As he entered the Common Room he stopped to look around as he always did. He scowled as his eyes scanned over the people assembled here. They seemed more or less the same as always. Alec wasn't sure if they were real people or non player characters as the programmed people were called. Alec decided to forgo his usual breakfast and head out into the Town to walk around. Alec's boots thumped heavily as he crossed the Common Rooms wooden floor to the door leading out of the Inn. Alec grabbed the knob turning it and exiting the Inn and entering the streets if the Town of Beginnings.

As Alec stepped out of the Inn and entered the already crowded streets of the Town of Beginnings. His scowl naturally seated itself on his face where it always sat when he was outside the Inn but inside the Town. Alec looked around but still had no real idea of where he needed to be going. So he did what he usually did when he wasn’t sure. He let his feet lead him while he cleared his mind and let his feet lead him to where he needed to be. He passed by many streets and store fronts. He passed by several groves and still he walked on. He had no destination in mind and no goal he just continued to let his feet lead him where they would. Alec looked around him and scowled at the people he passed by his face a mask of unhappiness. Finally Alec found himself standing in front of a small outdoor shop ans started as he looked around.

Alec approached the shop completely shocked he had never seen it before. Then it hit him why he had never seen it. When he walked the crowded streets if the Town he was always scowling and glaring at everything never actually looking at what was around him and available. Alec made his way slowly over to the Shopkeeper. Alec saw they were running a promotional give away it was an Alchemist named Zandra and Macradon had items here as well. Alec was shocked that he had never noticed this before especially since Macradon had a part in it. "Good morning my name's Alec." he said in a low rumbling baritone. "This is a lovely set up you have here. I'm sorry I've never stopped by before. I apologize. When I am within the Town I tend to be a little off putting. For that I am very sorry! In the future I work on being better at seeing those around me and I will try to stop by more often. I've only recently start adventuring and will be needing supplies in the future. I will look here to fill those needs. I saw your give away. May I please have 1 Crystal of Agile Wings?" Alec asked.

After completing his business at the shop Alec began to stroll again he zoned out as he let his feet lead him to his next destination, wherever that was going to be. Alec continued his walk to no where in particular and let his feet lead the way. He continued to zone out and day dream as he walked. He strolled through more streets and past more shops but never he really saw any of them. He thought about the last few days and the quests he’d completed. Then he began to think about the future and what he would need to reach that point. He would need to gain strength to reach the end of his road. He would need an ally a friend to reach his goals he wouldn’t be able to do it alone. But where would he find someone to share his journey with him? That’s when it happened…

Alec was standing in the middle of a large outdoor market with numerous shops and stalls when an old woman who appeared to be a gypsy walked past mumbling to herself. Suddenly she stopped dead in her tracks and looked up directly into Alec’s eyes causing him cease his inner thoughts and look down at her. Then the old gypsy woman began to speak to Alec. “When I was young I used to travel all these lands from one end to the other and beyond young man. Throughout my travels I met many creatures and numerous animals from various areas and lands. I learned how to tame the various creatures I encountered. These creatures became my companions and shared my adventures with me. These animals became my friends and shared the joys and my pains of my life with me. I can show you how to do the same if you’d like.” the old gypsy said.

Alec listened intently to the old gypsy as she told her tale. Alec was intrigued by what she said. He had just been lamenting that he needed a friend or companion to help him travel his journey and here had shown up a random old gypsy lady telling tales of doing exactly what he himself felt he was needing to do. Alec marveled at how it had all ended up. His feet had again brought him to right where he needed to be. He looked down at the old gypsy lady and answered her directly. “You would do me a great honor if you would tell me how to find and train an animal to be my companion. I am in need of a companion to share in my journey and help me in my adventures.” Alec told the old gypsy as he looked down at the frail old woman.

The old gypsy woman continued to look at Alec as she began her instructions. “First.” the old gypsy woman began. “You need to take some of this special food to attract an animal you want as a follower. Next you need to feed the animal some of the special food and then calmly attempt to make a connection to the follower if you are sincere and your heart is true to the animal then it will befriend you back and you will gain a follower. If you or the animal is not ready to bond to each other then the attempt to befriend the companion animal will fail and the animal will flee. You will then have to find another animal and start the whole process all over again. If both you and the animal are both ready to bond as companions to each other then the process will succeed and you will have a friend and companion for life.” she said .

As the old gypsy woman finished her block of instructions she handed Alec a small paper bag that had several items inside it. As Alec looked into the sack he saw what appeared to be small animal treats like you would give to a dog or a cat back home. Alec gently shook the bag rattling the treats inside the small sack. They made a dry crunchy sound. Alec took the offered bag which was listed as <<Familiar Food>> and placed it inside his inventory. Alec thanked the old gypsy woman for her help and went to wish her a good day. Before he could say anything she said “Now remember young man if you successfully find an animal who will agree to be your familiar you must return the rest of the <Familiar Food>> to me so that others may too find their own friends and companions for their journeys here. Alec nodded his ascent and thanked the old gypsy woman and turned to leave.

Alec turned and began walking away from the old gypsy woman. A last minute question hit him and he turned back to ask her but when he turned around the old gypsy woman was no where to be seen. Alec did two three hundred and sixty degree turns to try and find the old gypsy woman but she was no where to be seen. Alec scratched his bald head as he looked around one more time to be sure but the old gypsy woman was gone. Alec shrugged and opened his map to get his bearings and saw that he wasn’t that far from the Northern Gate so he turned in that direction and began walking for the Northern Gate and the land outside the Town of Beginnings where he would find his very own familiar and he already knew exactly where he was headed once he left the Town.

As Alec made his way to the Northern Gate and the courtyard just inside the gate he quickly swiped to open his inventory. As he walked through the gate he reached out and tapped his Reinforced Heavy Iron Breastplate and chose the equip it. The worn and sturdy Breastplate shimmered into reality and appeared covering his torso and mid section. Next he scrolled to his Shield of the Thunderhearts and selected it equip as well. His beloved shield wavered into existence strapped onto his left forearm. The shield had a cool lightning symbol etched into the front of it, on the back of the shield facing him was an engraving that read “When the tide rises, Become the storm.” Finally Alec scrolled to his Mithril Battle Axe which had served him well on his last few quests and selected to equip that last. The axe took shape hanging from the loop on his right hip. The axe had a mirrored surface which looked like mercury or a highly polished chrome surface. Now that Alec’s equipment was equipped he headed into the prairie beyond and began his search for a new friend.

Alec headed out across the prairie grassland on his way to the forest. The forest was the favored habitat of the animal he was searching for. He was looking for the animal that he had felt the most kinship for his entire life. Alec was in search of a bear. Bears throughout many different cultures were known as an representing power and healing. Alec held both those things in very high esteem and tried to provide both for those around him. Alec crossed the grassland and soon entered the forest and began walking through the forest keeping his eyes open and his head on a swivel looking for a bear or any signs of a bear being nearby. Alec saw a few markings that bear were present in the forest he saw some scratch marks on the trunks of trees with clumps of dark fur present as well.

Spoiler

Roll:  113678

LD: 17 (Familiar Found!!!)

As Alec began looking around for a bear he heard a deep growling sound and angry barks along with a pained sound from another animal. As Alec followed the sound he suddenly came upon two Wolves growling, barking and biting at and tearing into a small Black Bear Cub, the bear was small and badly hurt. Alec instantly grabbed his Mithril Axe and charged the two Wolves.

Edited by Takalo
Spoiler

Alec -- Lvl: 10 / HP:  200 / EN:  20 / DMG: 3 DMG / MIT: 40 MIT / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 -- BD: 9-10 = Paralyze Activates / MOB: successful hit (6-8) = Thorns Activates (9 Unmitigated DMG)

Wolf 1 -- HP: 50/50 - DMG: 15

Wolf 2 -- HP: 50/50 - DMG: 15

Alec instantly grabbed his Mithril Axe and charged the two Wolves. As he ran forward he let out a guttural visceral growl of his own threatening the two Wolves. Alec began summoning the energy that was used to power a Sword Art. He felt the energy flow into and through him into his Mithril Battle Axe. The Mithril Axe began to thrum and vibrate and the head began to glow an angry orange. As the vibration in the axe and Alec grew greater the axe head began to glow brighter till the axe reached a heavy vibration and that nearly rattled the axe and the axe head glowed a bright hot orange color. Alec rushed toward the two Wolves and when he came into range he skidded to a stop and swept his Mithril Axe around in a wide arc aimed for the two Wolves.

Spoiler

Roll: 113679

BD: 7 + 2 ACC = 9 (Success) 3 DMG * 2 = 6 DMG

MOB (Wolf 1): 4 (Fail)

Roll: 113680

BD: 6 + 2 = 8 (Success) 3 DMG * 2 = 6 DMG

MOB (Wolf 2): 10 (Critical + 2) 15 DMG + 2 = 17 DMG - 40 MIT = 1 DMG (Crit = No Throns)

Alec skidded to a stop and unleashed his Mithril Axe in a wide horizontal arc that swept a wide orange arc across the two Wolves striking them both and opening a red slash across their chest which shot red pixels from both. The first Wolf dove at Alec but Alec brought his shield up in front of it and knocked it to the side harmlessly. The second Wolf dove at Alec and while Alec was blocking the first Wolf the second Wolf dove in and bit Alec on the leg opening a small cut there that leaked red pixels.

Spoiler

Alec -- Lvl: 10 / HP:  199/200 / EN:  16/20 / DMG: 3 DMG / MIT: 40 MIT / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 -- BD: 9-10 = Paralyze Activates / MOB: successful hit (6-8) = Thorns Activates (9 Unmitigated DMG)

Wolf 1 -- HP: 44/50 - DMG: 15

Wolf 2 -- HP: 44/50 - DMG: 15

Edited by Takalo
Spoiler

Alec -- Lvl: 10 / HP:  199/200 / EN:  17/20 / DMG: 3 DMG / MIT: 40 MIT / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 -- BD: 9-10 = Paralyze Activates / MOB: successful hit (6-8) = Thorns Activates (9 Unmitigated DMG)

Wolf 1 -- HP: 44/50 - DMG: 15

Wolf 2 -- HP: 44/50 - DMG: 15

As Alec swept his Mithril Battle Axe in a wide arc that swept an orange arc that slammed into both the Wolfs that had been attacking a small bear cub. The first Wolf dove at Alec but he slapped it aside with his shield knocking it away. The second Wolf dove in and took a small bite out of Alec's leg which leaked red pixels. Now that Alec had the Wolves attention drawn away from the Bear Cub and directly on him he just needed to keep the attention held on him. He brought his shield up in front of himself in a defensive posture to defend himself. Alec drew his Mithril Axe back and summoned the power of a Sword Art again. The power flowed through Alec and into his axe head. The Mithril Axe began to vibrate and the axe head started to glow a bright orange color. As the vibration reached its peak Alec swung the axe in a wide arc and released the power into Crescent Thrush as he swung for the Wolves.

Spoiler

Roll: 113681

BD: 3 + 2 = 5 (Fail)

MOB (Wolf 1): 7 (Success) 15 DMG - 40 MIT = 1 DMG (Thorns Activates 9 Unmitigated DMG)

Roll: 113682

BD: 7 + 2 = 9 (Success) 3 DMG * 2 = 6 DMG

MOB (Wolf 2): 2 (Fail)

Alec swung his Mithril Axe in a wide arc the orange slash missed the first Wolf but slammed into the second Wolf. The first Wolf dove at Alec and got caught by Alec's shield as it dove at him the Wolf snapped and gnashed its teeth opening a small slash in Alec's arm. The shield reacted to the Wolf and began to hummm then SNAP it jolted the first Wolf with a stored up burst of static electricity. The second Wolf dove in at Alec but Alec moved his shield in the way and Wolf crashed against it harmlessly.

Spoiler

Alec -- Lvl: 10 / HP:  198/200 / EN:  13/20 / DMG: 3 DMG / MIT: 40 MIT / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 -- BD: 9-10 = Paralyze Activates / MOB: successful hit (6-8) = Thorns Activates (9 Unmitigated DMG)

Wolf 1 -- HP: 35/50 - DMG: 15

Wolf 2 -- HP: 38/50 - DMG: 15

Edited by Takalo
Spoiler

Alec -- Lvl: 10 / HP:  198/200 / EN:  14/20 / DMG: 3 DMG / MIT: 40 MIT / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 -- BD: 9-10 = Paralyze Activates / MOB: successful hit (6-8) = Thorns Activates (9 Unmitigated DMG)

Alec had landed a second strike with the Sword Art Crescent Thrush against the two Wolves. The First Wolf had thrown itself at Alec but had gotten struck by an arc of stored static electricity. The Second Wolf was knocked harmlessly away by Alec and his shield. As the Wolves regrouped for another attack at Alec he set himself in a solid stance and raised his shield in front of himself in defense. Alec then brought his axe up high to swing down and the First attacking Wolf. As the Wolf dove in snarling and snapping its teeth Alec swung his Mithril Axe down at the back of the First Wolf. The Second Wolf dove in right behind the First Wolf.

Spoiler

Roll: 113683

BD: 7 + 2 ACC = 9 (Success) 3 DMG

MOB (Wolf 1): 2 (Fail)

Roll: 113684

MOB (Wolf 2): 3 (Fail)

The First Wolf dove at Alec again but Alec swung his Mithril Axe down and slammed it into the back of the attacking Wolf. As the First Wolf dove in Alec swung his shield out wide and knocked the Wolf away from him. As the Second Wolf followed the first Wolf in Alec swung his shield back around and slammed it into the Second Wolf also knocking that Wolf away too.

Spoiler

Alec -- Lvl: 10 / HP:  198/200 / EN:  13/20 / DMG: 3 DMG / MIT: 40 MIT / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 -- BD: 9-10 = Paralyze Activates / MOB: successful hit (6-8) = Thorns Activates (9 Unmitigated DMG)

Edited by Takalo
Spoiler

Alec -- Lvl: 10 / HP:  198/200 / EN:  14/20 / DMG: 3 DMG / MIT: 40 MIT / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 -- BD: 9-10 = Paralyze Activates / MOB: successful hit (6-8) = Thorns Activates (9 Unmitigated DMG)

Alec swung his Mithril Axe down at the first charging Wolf and buried the head of the axe deeply into the Wolf’s back the cut shooting out red pixels. As it came closer Alec slammed the Wolf away from himself with a low swipe of his shield. As the second Wolf closely followed the first Wolf in Alec swung his shield back the opposite direction and batted the second Wolf away harmlessly as well as he did the first. Both Wolves slunk back and regrouped before charging back at Alec snarling and gnashing their teeth and snapping their jaws. Alec brought his shield back up and prepared for the Wolves to charge again. He brought his Mithril Axe up and prepared to bring it down on the first Wolf.

Spoiler

Roll: 113686

BD: 8 + 2 = 10 (Success) 3 DMG

MOB (Wolf 1): 5 (Fail)

Roll: 113687

MOB (Wolf 2): 8 (Success) 15 DMG - 40 MIT = 1 DMG (Thorns Activates 9 Unmitigated DMG)

As the first Wolf charged at Alec he swung his Mithril Axe down again and buried it in the Wolf opening a large cut that shot out red pixels. As it came in Alec again slammed his shield into the Wolf and swatted it away again. As the second Wolf followed the first it found a gap as Alec swung his shield wide and took a nip out of Alec arm. Alec brought his shield back around and pressed it into the second Wolf and heard the shield hhummmm then SNAP it arced static electricity into the second Wolf shocking and jolting it.

Spoiler

Alec -- Lvl: 10 / HP:  197/200 / EN:  13/20 / DMG: 3 DMG / MIT: 40 MIT / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 -- BD: 9-10 = Paralyze Activates / MOB: successful hit (6-8) = Thorns Activates (9 Unmitigated DMG)

Wolf 2 -- HP: 29/50 - DMG: 15