[F9-PP] To just talk <<Fire Guardian>>

I step onto the scorching floor that not even the survival skill can fully keep tamed as the lava that flows through it and the heat that it always permeates has made the temperatures rather miserable. Myself not wearing my usual heavy armor getup but wearing just some normal casual vanity styled clothing of a black t-shirt, and some blue short with no coat which is what i usually wear if having some vanity clothing on. I make my way towards the direction of some kind of food spot for the day to just relax for once instead of doing some questing, and even if i do questing to not do anything too extensive to try and learn how to relax. This is actually sad that i have to think of this as learning since i've mainly just been doing questing. i mutter to myself with a shake of my head as i entirely ignore the one higher level that i achieved through grinding and what that means in terms of how much i waste my time once more on things pertaining to stats.

@Embers

• 3 weeks later...

The 9th floor, in its own way, was beautiful. Hot as hell, but Embers found it impossible to hate this floor. The 5th floor needs to rot in hell, but the 9th...with its lava flowing and eruptions...There was something so simple, and yet, destructive in it all. 

Larissa Williams, or Embers, sat on the ledge, her familiar by her side, and thoughts passing through her heads. Of late, she'd felt...scared. She knew she'd changed, and yet, she didn't fully understand why she was changing. Embers knew where it started, some that damn person...She caused this, all of this, to start happening. And she couldn't tell if she wanted to hug her, punch her or kiss her. It was just so confusing. Normally, she allowed her emotions to take her, but to be controlling them, moderating them...She had no idea how, and maybe there was someone she could talk to...

A quick message later eased the girls mind, but her Familiar just gave her a look. "Piss off Rowan, i don't like it either but...i've gotta deal with it eventually" Reaching into her inventory, the girl gripped a lazily made cigerette. They weren't anything like home, but to kick a habit was hard. 

Spoiler

To: @Hestia

Message: Hey, come to the 9th floor, the 'balcony' overlooking the volcano field. 

Much to my surprise i find myself getting a message from the girl with a spirit and attitude that matches the name that i have for her. Well Fireheart lets see what you need to talk about, and lets see if i can get lucky with what i need to ask. I say softly to myself as i make my way through the village and just does my best to ignore the small amount of ash and other filth in the air which is thankfully possible due to survival. Not feeling like at the very least i am walking through a unbearable miasma of heat like the Fire Guardian's cave is. Each step being that of just shoes walking along the ground since i am not wearing my battle ready gear from not expecting any sort of fight to be breaking out. My familiar Kuro flying just slightly ahead of me and keeping his eyes out and than spots the form and flies over towards her to let me know where to go. With Kuro being careful about approaching the red haired girl until i arrive towards you with a smile on my face and my familiar now standing on the ground beside me. so Firecracker how you doing? I say jokingly.

Embers mulled over the thoughts, namely her actions of late. She had seen there idiots, and while they deserved to be punched in the face, it wasn't her fight to take. And yet, despite knowing it wasn't her fight, she'd stepped in and done it herself. It pissed her off that those were her instincts now, to see conflict and throw herself in when it wasn't her fight. 

Ember shook her head. She was lying to herself. She'd stepped in to defend the idiot, not because she wanted too, bur because in those very moments, she had acted without thought. And it pissed her off that those were her instincts now, and wanted the truth. What the hell had Hestia done to her?! 

The arrival of Hestia was nothing she hadn't expected, or hear. Even in a floor like this, she'd heard the other girl. Her instincts were on point, as usual...but.

"Hes...You remember my old man yeah? He always said to me that to fight for yourself, and what you believe in, was the right reason to fight. To fight for another was to cripple them, to make them weak and by doing it..." The girl shook her head. She wasn't sure why she was telling her any of this, even if she'd seen her at her weakest "...Although, that's not the point. I've heard about the front line, and how it's nothing more than a joke right now...What the hell if wrong with that lot?"

@Hestia

A sigh escapes my lips as i hear that be told to me by Embers as that only means Ennakai had released her little thing about my opinions on the frontlines but kept my name out of it to keep my name hidden as a means of protection from further interviews, or in some cases hits for smudging their name. Though it could also be the fact that the talk of the frontlines is much more open and widespread than initially thought due to people being just that much more knowledgeable than what was expected. I just smile towards you as i look you in the eyes as i think on the appropriate words of what to say for this situation. Shield and myself have formed a disagreement about the essentials of some things, and than the timing of that formed opinion just lined up with a fight breaking out between some frontliners due to the actions of a singular member. However, i'm certain players will hear the tale of how us frontliners cleaned up our act for this floor boss. I say calmly towards the crimson haired girl with a confident look within my eyes and in my posture as i stare her down as if challenging her to try and correct me. We may mess up now and again, and we may not see eye to eye always. However, at the end of the day we are allies working together to try and beat this game. Maybe not as close as mercenaries, but at least willing to trust the healers at our backs. To trust the people that we form a guild with. I say with a bit of emphasis on the world guild by putting some slight stress upon the word when saying it. Trying to make it stand out within the sentence even if ever so slightly.

Embers smirked up at Hestia, the cigerette sitting lazily between her lips as she didn't bother to sit up, her legs dangling off the ledge. Hestia was preaching, and what was concerning Embers was how much of it didn't sync up with what she knew, but...Embers found herself holding her tongue, after all, she hadn't seen the disaster that was the front lines. But she seemed defensive, meaning she was right. Embers let out a laugh, but opted not to challenge Hestia on the front line situation. 

The rest of what the girl said, however, did catch her attention. For two reasons, the first being the use of the word mercanary. Embers knew she did little to keep her past hidden, and Hestia knew her father was a merc. And the second was the word guild. Even with the burning in her chest, she heard it. Hestia said the word differently, and Embers grinned. It seemed she was somewhat right, there was something Hestia wanted out of her. 

"Cut the chase Hes...We both know i can't stand that sorta crap. I know i asked you here, but i ain't no idiot. You want something outta me, so just say it. I hate people who dance around the stuff they wanna ask" Embers had a pretty good idea what Hestia was planning on asking, but...She'd let the other girl ask it first. See what the front liner wanted out of her. 

I relax a bit and just chuckle at the girl's words as i shake my head slightly as i just can't help but smile. Easy fireheart i'm starting a guild with two former Ascendants, and one of my old guild mates. It's going to be called Radiant Sanctuary where we don't give a single f*** about that last hit nonesense the frontlines got. Or any of that other nonsense this game tries to force on us. We're a group and going to be a family forged through battle if i got any words or things to say about it Firecracker. I say with a grin towards the red head as i look towards her as i look her in the eyes. The other guys are named Sey, Morg, and the former guild her name is Ruby. Sey is a damage guy, Morg is a bruiser, and Ruby is a combat medic. I inform the girl in front of me as i look her in the eyes with a smile across my face. I know you got a fire in you, and i'm certain if you're willing to spend some days training with us we can get you up towards the frontlines by floor twenty five, we might even be able to get you ready for the labyrinth guardian on floor twenty five even if we work hard enough fireheart. I say towards the girl as an offer. Plus i want you to know that you'll always have a home by my side if you don't like whatever tavern you find yourself sleeping in at night's. The guild can be a home for you, and i want to work alongside you and keep you safe encase some idiots like LC decide going after me is through getting to you. They're going ot have a harder time getting at you if you are around myself.

So it was an inviation at the end of it all. Radient, whatever...Honestly the name didn't matter, but the offer...Embers found herself curious. While she didn't really care what took place on the front line, and did her best not to, the offer said a lot about everything. While Larissa would be the first to admit that reading between the lines wasn't her strongest suit, sometimes a hunter could smell blood a mile away...this was one of those times. 

The front lines were bleeding, and Hestia was rallying people who she thought would be able to reset it. Lead by example. Most of the names the girl hadn't heard before, with the exception of Sey...Although she wasn't sure why it sounded like a name she knew. Ruby and Morg were...well who cared. The only things that truly mattered with this guild was that Hestia was leading it, and she was inviting her. But more importantly, perhaps most important out of it all was...a place to belong. Even as the girl was offering it, something stired in the girls chest. She had no idea what it was, but she knew the feeling well. It was a similar feeling to when her old man would open the front door, that stupid cocky grin on his face.

Was this...where she belonged? Not as an Alpha Wolf leading herself, but as a member of a pack? Was that where she belonged.....

"I turned against the person whose guild i was last in Hestia, as you damn well know. You're not concerned i'll turn traitor?" 

In reality, in her true heart, she wanted to say yes. Part of her was jumping at this, because this, maybe, might be a place she belonged! But she had to check, one of the biggest things that had been bothering her since Domarus got defeated. He called her a traitor, and for those events...she was. As much as she hated to admit it, as her pride as a Williams, she had been a traitor....even if it had been for the right reason. 

I just laugh a bit at what i was told by Embers of all people as i give her a look one that is of confidence within my eyes, and a smile of care on my face as i look towards Fireheart directly. If i was worried about you turning traitor do you think i'd be inviting you into this guild right now Fireheart? I don't worry about you turning traitor your heart was in teh right place when you made that decision against Domarus, and i can only hope that i don't give you a reason to hate me and see what i'm doing as a necessary evil to turn traitor to try and clip my wings and ground me.  Besides if i was going to have anyone turn traitor on me i'd hope it would be you Fireheart cause i'll know true hellfire when i have to face you in a fight when you're at the strongest point you can be. When that moment comes i can only hope i can lose with grace against you. I say with a grin across my face and speaking in a joking manner towards the girl as i extend my hand towards her with a kind smile and look to my face. So what do you say Fireheart? Willing to work alongside me to make this girl and kick those punks on the frontlines into shape? I offer towards her using a bit more of her language that what i am use to, to try and show that i am trying to be as genuine and straightforward as i can with my approach when speaking towards her.

Embers wanted, in some ways, to go her own way. To remain the true wolf, the true Alpha, she'd always seen herself as. She didn't NEED anyone, didn't need someone like Hestia by watch over her...And yet, while her pride wanted nothing more than to refuse, her instincts...begged her to join. To accept the offer. There was something, primal, within her that saw this as a chance, an opening, to form a pack around her. 

Embers let out a snort through her nose, as a toothy grin slips onto her face. This was it, was it? She'd found her pack of mercs, her band...Her Pack. She may not be the Alpha, but to someone like Hestia...for now she was no Alpha. An Alpha leads by example, by force of will and strength, and Embers knew that with the fire inside of her, she'd get there one day...But that day was far from today.

Embers hand shot out, tightly taking Hestia's and shaking it. The dark grin on her face, the look in her eyes, ozzing with excitment for blood. "Never through i'd say this ever...but, i'm glad to join. I'll be part of the Pack Hes, but as i'm sure you know...i'll give you the same warning i gave Domarus. You turn your back on me, you give me a reason not to follow you, and i'll be the first to succeed you. But...given that you burn, sometimes tells me that we're a long way from that..."

This time, unlike before, something in her chest moved. Embers wasn't sure what the hell it was, but it...felt right. "But...i'm in Hestia. I'm part of the pack now"

As i said earlier Fireheart if i give you a reason to turn your back on me i deserve to be murdered on the spot. I say towards the red haired girl with a smile upon my face as i look into her eyes and i can't help but just continue to smile from ear to ear. I relax my posture a bit more since to at least myself the business portion of this nice get together is over so can just relax and chill and talk to the young red haired merc as i look towards her. Also, guess i should say thanks for making Radiant Sanctuary a thing. Our name might not be the most badass, but we don't need a name to be that when we can make people respect the name by representing the guild and showing what it is about through example. I say towards her in a joking manner since personally i have nothing against the name, and finds that it fits perfectly for what i want to the guild to be.  A safe zone for anybody to rest and find solitude from the outside Aincrad world taht could want to murder or hurt somebody. by the way one last thing didn't you have something you wanted to talk about? I ask curiously knowing the message came from her about meeting up.

Embers had to admit, Hestia was an interesting one and yet...it seemed almost right to be apart of her pack, to follow an Alpha who would fight to protect. The promise of betrayal...sat poorly inside of Larissa however. While it was true that was her promise to herself, the idea of being a traitor, yet again...It was like sour milk, it just went wrong on so many levels the girl herself couldn't dig deep enough into how much she'd hate to be a traitor. 

"The name means nothing to me Hes, what matters is the message behind it. My old man was part of the Legion, they called themselves. The founder wanted them to be people ya never suspected i think, i can't remember the whole story. Eventually though, the Legion's name meant something different altogether - Victory no matter the cost...I'll start worry about the name, once we have a name worth worrying about"

Although the last part...Embers let out a sigh, and sucked down a deep breath of smoke. She was kinda hoping Hestia would have forgotten this...

"I was...gunna ask if i was different, a different person, than when we first met. I find myself doing things i didn't use to. I got into a street fight a week ago, some idiot kid picked a fight against this guy and his mates. A problem he needs to resolve, but...i got involved. I had no right to get involved, and yet...i did. It's just been sticking in my mind i guess..."

Legion huh? The one is all type of thing? Sounds pretty cool a story that would be rather nice to hear and celebrate a group of people like that if they lived up towards the name they had made together. I say with a smile at the thought of something like that. A group that to at least sounds like to myself a true family and cohesive group fighting like a well oiled machine never giving ground to something since they always know what the other is thinking at any given moment. A true fighting force that would most definitely be feared and would be wonderful to hear about from just a strategy standpoint and a lesson on teamwork and knowing one another. Well i can appreciate legion, but the only thing victory should ever have with it is the limited loss of lives, or none preferably and what is strive for. I than smile a bit when i hear the words that followed next as i give the  girl a hug and pulls her into a gentle one if i wouldn't get pushed away. If you stepped into a fight without being prompted to try and settle the dispute. You've changed in a good way Fireheart. I say in a soft tone of voice that is filled with pride.

Embers let out a short laugh, for all her pro's, there would always be a fault for Hestia. She and her father, would never have gotten along. The mission was important, and you had to trust those you recruited not to die. That is just...mercenary work, people died and you couldn't get too bothered because there was always the next mission. The next fight, the next kill, to get on with. It was always, though, about the money and about the pride. Money to survive, and pride to cope. Embers felt the smile on her face grow, even as Hestia hugged her. That band of mercs, god they were idiots, and yet...she missed 'em.

"Suppose changin' is just part of the world...Even if i don't like the idea of changing, the idea of being someone who i wasn't when i came into this world...Well, guess even people like me ain't immune to the reality of this world" The girl pulled the cigarette out of her mouth, and crushed it in her hand, the item exploding into crystal shards that scattered onto the ground. 

"There are a few quests on this floor Hes...If you're truly planning on draggin' me to the front lines...I suppose i need to get a few more levels under ma belt no?"

I nod my head with a smile at Ember's words since they are true for every word that she said right their really. Got it in one Fireheart. IF we want you on the frontlines with that scythe of yours we'll need to make sure that you are at least level 33 i think is the safe limit for new players on the frontlines from what i saw during the floor twenty three fight. Which is mainly because we saw Stryder enter that fine and exit completely fine without a scratch on him so you being there should be completely fine at such a level. I say towards the red haired strong willed girl as i than gaze in the direction over looking the lava filled floor and just keeps my gaze on that as i look over the mobs roaming around and the rivers of pure magma. So than Fireheart you name a quest and i'll go on it with you if you ever need the help with it since i got time to kill, and i can't wait to see you fighting alongside us fort he next big boss that we'll face off again. Who knows maybe we'll get lucky enough to be facing floor twenty four together. I say optimistically with a grin across my face as i than look her in the eyes and puts a hand gently upon her shoulder and gives a small smile. Also, don't worry about changing as long as you change for the better whatever you define better as.

They needed her at level 33? Well, crap. She was a while away from that! Still, that idea pushed itself away upon hearing that Stryder, better known to her as 'The Kid', managed to make a round on the front line BEFORE her, she let out a growl. No way that little ass was beating her for that long, not now she had Hestia at her damn side! She opened up her quest section, and it didn't take her long to find one for this floor. She grinned as she glanced over its requirements, alone she'd be fine...with hestia, well, it was as good as won.

"Hope you're ready for some hella hiking Hestia...Guardian of Fire, gotta hunt down some damn mongrel whose gotten a little to big, Cerberus, hah...Well, let's get going...I'm gunna need you and that damn shield on yours before this is over"

Was it true, Embers had no idea. While on paper this quest seemed simple, last time she said that she had nearly gotten flattened completely, plus Hestia was a Front Liner, and she, a future Front Liner. AT this point, there is Nothing in Sword Art Online that could stop her now! Opening up the map, the girl simply gave Rowan a nod. The Hawk shot off into the air, and the large girl, without giving Hestia much of a cue, shot off in a jog, following after the familiar! 

oh yeah Cerberus that is a two day trip of just nonstop walking the greatest amount of fun that a person can have. I say jokingly towards you with a smile upon my face as i look towards the red haired girl as i think on the rewards for the quest and how easy it'll be in the very end. Looking towards the red haired girl and how much she can pack a punch with her weapon, and if anything how much determination backs this girl up with every action she takes seemingly it is almost safe to assume the only logical conclusion. Embers i am certain you could do this quest by yourself with no difficulty at all. With that axe of yours you'd be tearing through each of these mobs with very little difficulty upon your part. If anything i think the only annoying this is a possible rest you might be forced to take because of the fact that you'll be burning through energy using. I say towards her with a grin across my face as i give the girl my opinions of it as i start to follow the girl towards the quest destination.

Embers shot off after her Familiar, the hawk's wings carrying it through the air as the large girl 'ran', almost as if she was chasing it down. In a way, she was. She and Rowan often played this game in the real world, and Embers wasted no time teaching her new pet the same game. It was almost like tag, if Embers got close, he had to get close enough for her to reach him. And if  she did, she got to pet him all she wanted. 

It was a 'game' they would play over many days, months even, until she eventually hunted him down. A way for her, the hunter, to improve in her tricks of the trade. The girl barely threw a glance at Hestia, but gave her nothing more than a cocky grin. Now wasn't the time to see who was 'stronger', but more...where was her spirit? Embers long since could recall the fire, the blue calm flame of rage, that she once smelt inside of Hestia. And Embers would love to beckon that out, to see that rage burn bright once again! 

"Don't fall too far behind eh! Would be a shame if ya got totally lost and i'd have to same save ya hes! Gettin' lost on a floor like this would be a pain!"

I chuckle softly at the enthusiasm of the crimson haired girl as i follow after her at a more relaxed pace making sure to keep the girl always at least within eye view since the floor can be rather rough and dangerous if one is unprepared for the troubles that can come along with it. Which is to say if one were to get jumped by some decently strong mobs than only the worst possible outcome awaits for those that would enter or be forced into such a fight along. Don't worry about myself Fireheart i know my way around this floor by now! I call over towards the girl which is a half truth in all honesty. That for myself when it came to this floor i knew enough to recognize the big obvious landmarks the floor tries to give player for clues on where to go or how to do soemthign in this game. Besides if i get lost how will i kick people all back into shape back on the frontlines! I call over towards fireheart with a chuckle as i gesture towards kuro to fly after him which he is rather eager to do for me.

• 2 weeks later...

The leaping through the mountains, even if it was very different, reminded Embers so much of home. Hunting game, with her old man and Rowan. The bird would spot them from above, then start circling telling her he'd found something. After that, it was a simply act of hunting it down, killing whatever it was, gutting and cooking it properly. The simple days of hiking, ones that Embers sorely missed in this game. Hunting, cooking, was too different now. In a way, it was easier...and more boring. Embers slowed down, even whistling a little for the Hawk to return to her. 

Embers kicked the ground, hard. God damn it. The girl turned to Hestia, and the look on her face was hard, serious. "Listen Hes...Something i gotta tell ya, a few things. First....Call me Fire Cracker again, and i'm lightin' you on fire myself. I know i wanted a title i liked, hellstorm, Domarus called me for a bit but....It feels wrong now...Might just be me being a traitor but...If ya gunna use a title on me, use the name my old man did. Call me sappy but, i like it"

Sighing, the girl looked up at the nearby volcano and smirked, pushing past any negative emotion she felt trying to pull her down. Any hand that grabbed her, she'd burn it out herself. "I hate this emotional, crap, so...thanks for...helping me work this out"