[PP-F1] Welcome to ze game

"You can drink yourself to hell for all I care, I'm gonna go fight some boars or something." Sey declared as he left his older brother to deal with whatever business he had to do himself. Leru was bored and had little to grind, for his weekly chores were handled and he wanted to get his brother drunk. Simple as can be, he was of age now, right? But if he was gonna back out like a wuss, then he can be less filtered around those who are in the tavern. More fun for him!

Part of him was a flirt. Plain and simple. If he saw someone he liked, he was going to sway them over with his words, it was just a fun game for him to enjoy. So his eyes scanned the scenery to see who he could find. Unfortunately for him, he wasn't the most experienced with this floor since he's been away from it for so long, so he didn't exactly grasp the concept of basics and tutorials. Pop-ups didn't take long to appear over him, causing him to forcibly close them out. Damn it! Can't these bother him another time?

@Symphony

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Symphony was busy reading a fantasy book titled "Lovers at War" when she heard yelling across the tavern. Looking up, she saw two men arguing and then one walked away. How odd, she thought to herself. Probably two drunks going at it. Though it is so early in the evening. She checked the time at the edge of her vision. 4:05. Geez, I never could understand why people drink like that. She shook her head and was about to go back into her book when she happened to see one of the men looking around the tavern. I wonder what he's looking for, she thought. Sighing, she decided to get up and walk over to the bar to get another glass of water and an early dinner. This way, she could listen to the man while also having an excuse for being so close. I wonder what's got him so worked up. 

Close, close. Close the damn screens! His finger continued flicking until finally, they were all gone! Once the final HUD screen went out of his way, a sudden lady was in front of him. Well, in his line of view, more accurately. She was getting something from the bar it seemed, though with a book in her hand. Interesting, but she was a lovely lady and the other two seem to be drunks fighting. Well, they were fighting anyways. Leru decided to entertain himself with the lady instead, for she seemed far more reserved and modest than the others.

He knew little of her intentions on listening to him, so she'll likely be getting more than she asked for. The intent to eavesdrop will soon be modified into interaction. Yes, please. If there were no interruptions, he would step lightly over towards her direction, taking more interest in the book at the moment. "Hey there~." A simple start as he adjusted himself onto a seat near her if not next to her.

"The name's Leru, care to dine with me?" A gentle tone, calm and collected. One must be confident without being arrogant, that was what made Leru a typical flirt. But he wasn't going to advance if she did not wish to engage, as if he would do such a thing. "If so, what is the name of the lovely lady I'm dining with?"

@Symphony

Symphony looked over, startled by the man suddenly coming over. She quickly regained composure and smiled, replying, "Sure! And the name is Symphony. Pleasure to meet you." Laying her book on the counter, she pulled up a chair and sat down next to the man, motioning for the barkeep to bring her food to where she sat instead of her usual table when it was ready. The kind man always reminded her to eat and checked on her when she was deep into a book in the tavern. 

Looking back to the man, she asked, "So what are you eating and drinking tonight? Oh, and if you don't mind me asking, what was it that you and that man were arguing about? It seemed pretty serious..." Her eyebrows twisted with concern, something that came natural to her. She always liked helping others and making sure everyone around her was okay. 

Ah, kind as well! At least, welcoming. Regardless, things were going well. He even obtained her name without having to compromise either, which was always a nice treat. Leru smiled and closed his eyes calmly so that he gave off a more relaxed vibe. "Oh no, the pleasure is all mine, love." Leru reassured, though there was nothing that needed such a thing. Regardless, they were having a mutual chat! Though first, the check. The other man who assisted her, Leru would address him in turn. "As for anything on the lady's plate, can you place her expenses on my tab? That would be lovely~."

Business ran well in the family. Another moment went by and she began asking him questions. Nice, she wasn't afraid to engage or start a sentence. "Hmmmmm, good question. I'll ponder upon some steak with some gin. I'll have an idea of what I would like soon, surely. As for you?" There was not really much to go about with this. Simply toss the question back for now. Though Symphony did address the second part, one of interest, in which he lightly chuckled. "My brother? Oh nooo, we are quite all right. We speak to each other like that all the time. Did your pretty self hear it? I certainly hope we were not so rude as to interrupt your day."

@Symphony

When he offered to pay her tab, Symphony grew a little suspicious at his motives, but allowed him to do so. No one had ever offered to do that for her before. "Thank you," she said to him with a smile. Replying to his question about what she would have, she said, "Just some chicken and vegetables with water. I don't like drinking much as I'm never in a clear mind afterwards." Keeping her mind clear was key, she was afraid to lose focus in case something bad were to happen. 

To his response for her second question, she replied, "Oh no, no need to worry. I was only reading when I heard you two arguing. It livened up my day a little," she smiled and laughed. At least today wasn't boring, which she welcomed. "Hm, you know it's rare to see siblings in this game. Especially ones that stick together." Her eyes darkened a little and she took a sip of her water. "I've seen many couples and friendships fade away from the death of one of them." She sighed, and the dark look was gone from her eyes. 

"Oh gosh!" she said, brought back to her senses. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to get dark or negative there." She smiled and tried to laugh it off. 

"And thank you for your time tonight." Kicked back and relaxed, he would listen to her explanation about her order. Simple stuff, but that was going to keep her virtual body intact and strong. Good on her for making the responsible choice, Leru should learn to relate. "Clever, much can happen once one is drunk. Though I assume you have any funny stories to tell? I'll tell you one in exchange~." The Yukino family. A family of deals and business, and he had quite a tale to tell. Something to lighten up the mood between them being mere strangers having a meal.

Fortunately for him, the "argument" was something that entertained her. He smiled as she laughed before replying. "Oh yes, my little brother makes for quite the jester. I'll make sure to have him entertain you sometime if you hang around this tavern often." Sounds like a fun time, just dragging poor Sey into this. But it was all for fun at the end of it, and his little brother would not hold back from doing the same to Leru if given the chance. They terrorized each other, it was how they bonded. Symphony proceeded to comment on them being siblings as a matter a fact, only for those pretty eyes to suddenly... Hollow. That was the only word he could give it.

After she coldly declared what she has seen, any flirty side of him faded away from him. It was all replaced with concern. Looking to lock eyes, his lips sealed in a neutral position, he would ask her with a far more serious tone. Calm, understanding, but serious. "No no, love. It's all right. In fact, I'm actually interested. Is there... Well... Anything you would like to get off your chest? That last statement seemed a little... Troubled.

@Symphony

Symphony took another sip of her water, and held the glass to her lips as she thought. She wiped the look off her face and smiled back at Leru, "No. You've seen as much as I have if not more. You know what troubles everyone of us here." She gestured to everyone else in the room. "We all learn to accept it eventually." In the back of her mind, she truly was thinking about the lover she had been searching for ever since she was locked into this game world. She hoped everyday that he was still alive. But that's all she could do everyday: hope. That's all that everyone here could do. 

Changing the subject and hopefully the mood, she relaxed and looked back at Leru. "However, I would love to hear a drunk story of yours. Unfortunately for you, I only have one good one." She took another sip and leaned against the bar. "I only just turned 21 in the game this past year. I thought it was the right time to finally drink seeing as I was finally legal in the real world. I know it doesn't matter much, but it did to me. So, I decide to go all out. I played a drinking game with another bar patron much more experienced than I. But I did it to win some col. So, I eventually drunk myself under the table and passed out. Got my purse of col stolen off me and ended up waking up in the woods not far from the Safe Zone. The good part of it is that I woke up with a family of bunnies nestled around me to keep me around. The poor loves must have known I was cold and helpless." She laughed. "It was quite a magical moment indeed. One that I wouldn't ever go back and change." Taking another sip of water, she said, "Now, I believe you owe me a story."

Hm. Seems like she wasn't quite used to the concept of the game, which was fair enough. It was bizarre, but Leru just kind of grew with it and became a strong enough player to prevent anything from really happening. But her concerns did not fall on deaf ears, he wasn't heartless! "My apologies from bringing it up. Though if you do wish for an assist with something, I'll may sure to come in with an assist." Leru explained as he then watched the both of them move on. Now something he never really considered, what if he lost Sey? An interesting possibility that will affect him greatly.

Symphony took the initiative with her story, and he proceeded to take a bit of gin in the meantime while listening. He drunk her words calmly, letting the images of her gambling bring delight to him as he laughed a little. It was amusing right now, hearing someone drunk end up getting robbed and out of the safe zone surrounded by animals. It must have been terrifying for her, but it was a story she loved and wouldn't change. "That actually ended off with a wholesome ending, so now you're a movie princess confirmed?" A slight jest with lighthearted intentions. She then brought the story end of it to him, and oh boy, it did not end as calmly as that.

"Okay, I didn't know what I was doing and drunk rum from the bottle. So you know I didn't give a damn after I went hard." Leru explained, laughing at the thought of what happened next. Symphony was in for quite a story. "Now imagine me just not giving a damn. I straight up come up to a girl and try to drunkenly seduce her. Problem is, her boyfriend was right there, and we were all drunk bastards. A drunk man with an Irish-accent starts swearing at me and yeets a damn bottle over my shoulder. It hits a random guy, but I don't think it exploded. The night was a blur..."

He paused before taking another sip, then he continued without a problem. "I was sooooo pissed. I lifted a damn table with dirty dishes up and flipped it at the guy, the lady in the way as well. Then I got tackled and somehow I woke up in the middle of an alleyway. Goooood times."

Leru could admit that he was a flirt, what harm would it do? It was a fun time they were having, sharing stupid stories for the sake of entertainment. "I'm a natural flirt, though, I don't need to get drunk to doting on a lovely lady like yourself~." Damn it, the flirt has returned.

@Symphony

Symphony laughed at his story. "Now that is one for the books, haha. Always gotta make sure they're single," she said, and then took another drink of water, giggling to herself. She smiled at his advance. "Well, I thank you for the compliment, and you don't look too bad yourself," she returned. However, she felt her heart being tugged back towards her lost love. He could still be out there, she chided herself. She continued, "Though, I must let you know that I am technically not a single woman." The serious look came back into her eyes. "I lost my love when the game started. He must have started out in a different area or something... but I am still looking for him. And I cannot let my heart move on or rest until I either find his dead body or find him alive and well."

Her eyes filled with a look of determination, and she looked deeply into the eyes of the man next to her. "You are very lucky to have joined side-by-side with your brother. And it's nice that both have each other, to keep each other safe." She began to giggle as she thought of something else. "Though you two must be at each others throats when it comes to competing for the women, no?"

"I'm not a man who learns many lessons, I'm afraid. I might just do it again someday, just you watch. Or don't, but you'll miss me flipping tables if you don't." This was going quite well, the conversation was going quite smoothly! He could feel his lips smiling, seems like he was having a great time a least, and she seemed not to be having that bad of a time herself.  And she spared him the repetition of a story like that yet again by making sure to clarify that she was not single, but her lover was lost. For that, he would understand such a thing. "Appreciate the honesty. I'll dote with no intentions past just for the sake of complimenting then." At least for now. If the boundaries were lifted, though he would hope not, then that might change. But for now, he needs to help a man who obtained this gem of a woman. "I could help you find him if you would like. There are a few obstacles you have to pass, but I wouldn't mind assisting you if it means returning a couple back together~. I would hope you both return together, anyways."

Leru would then listen to her talk about how he was lucky that they started out together and they kept each other safe. Mmmmm... Yes and no, but she didn't really need to know that. Not that he was keeping secrets from her, it was just a weird explanation as to how things went down. After all, he DID keep Sey safe. "Oh man, I would absolutely love to say yes to that question. While I'm single, my little brother is already spoken for. As for me, I'm not so fortunate, I don't understand the whole concept of romance and whatnot. What is such a life like?"

@Symphony

To Leru's offer to help her find her lost love, she smiled and said, "Sure. That's very nice of you to offer. Though I don't know how we'll get any closer to finding him.... I've been reading every book, every posting, and I still can't find him."

She laughed to his question about a life filled with romance. "I used to not know what such a life was like either. Sometimes it just hits you. You meet a person and they just... match with you. You complete each other. For me, when my love came into my life, I finally realized what love was like." Her eyes had a distant, dreamy look to him. She was lost in happy memories. However, the moment didn't last long as she shook her head and came back into reality. 

She continued, "Though you must have felt love once before in your life. Or had a lover. I can see it in your eyes and in you actions. You wouldn't act so recklessly unless you'd been introduced to love before..." She looked over at him for his response. 

"No trace of him? That's... Unusual. But not all hope is lost yet, fortunately. If you give me his username, I have people who can trace him down. It'll take time, but as long as he has some record, you and I can find him." If there was any hope of finding her lost love, they were going to have to have some information. But then again, she did just meet him, what reason did she have to trust him? Leru was being genuine... But...  "In fact, is there any penalty you would like to set for me? I do not intend to break your trust, but I also understand if you are not willing to trust one such as I quite yet."

Symphony continued to press on about love and what a feeling it was. Her eyes seemed lost as well, but he really wasn't understanding this so much, and he was genuinely trying as well! The poor thing was trying, but... Er... "I am trying to understand. But I'm afraid I speak the truth. I don't think I've actually related to that yet. I've seen plenty of beautiful women, you being no exception in the slightest. Even if I did feel it, how would I know it's even that?"

@Symphony

Edited by Sey

Symphony looked over at Leru, stunned, she asked, "Really? You've never felt love?" Now this was really an odd thought for Symphony, she was very sensitive and open to her own emotions. She practically loved everyone and everything as it was. "Oh, right," she said while remembering about searching for her love. She blushed, "W-well...I never got his username before entering." She put her hand behind her head and tried to laugh off the embarrassing fact.

Then her eyes turned serious again. "And for penalties, well... if you kill me and he's alive, I think there will be a fun death awaiting you. If he's dead and you kill me, then I'll gladly join him on the other side."

"However, moving back to the love thing. Hm.... how to explain this... have you ever had a close family pet or friend?" How to explain the concept of love, she thought. She'd never had to explain it before. Maybe she had a book on it.... Wait! That was it! "Oh, I just remembered I have this book with me." She picked up the book "Lovers at War" and handed it to Leru. "The book is about a prince and princess of separate kingdoms stuck at war. However, the prince and princess had been childhood friends since the war started. The prince comes and visits the princess every once in a while to make sure she's safe, and their love slowly blooms. I won't spoil the ending, so you may borrow this if you like and read it over. I believe it may help to show you what love is." She handed him the book with a worn black cover. You could tell it had been well read over and over again. 

If there was a love for someone, it would be his brother. That was why he came into this game into the first place. But he had doubts when it came to that, for he would not "love" a woman the same way he would love his brother. There was just something different about it, though he could not put his finger on it. So to her question, he would answer the best he could. "I assume this is something different than my love for my sibling. In which case... No. I have not." And it was the absolute truth. Come on, how was one supposed to feel shame when they are as shameless as he is? Then came a huge roadblock. "Then... Wow. Er... Yikes. Finding leads on him would be interesting. But at the very least, I'll accompany you and assist you however I can."

Then came the penalities, and they were interesting. If he killed her? Weird, how could he do that. "No no no. I mean if I betray your trust or do something. I could give you a weapon if you'd like, something to severely inflict pain onto me. If I betray you, you can use it on me and I won't resist. I'll swear it on my family and everything they represent."

Oh, back to the whole love thing. Leru tilted his head to the side with confused eyes as she explained its plot. It was weird since their families were supposed to be fighting, right? What happened to their love? "Thanks, I think I'll take a read. Though, I'll need to PM you once I return it. Mind if I add you to my friend's list so I can do that?"

Symphony blinked for a second. Friends list?, she thought. "Oh my gosh." She facepalmed. "I just realized that we have a friends list. Haha! And sure you can add me," she replied. Jeez, I've been in the game for two years and still haven't had a friend, huh? Wow, she thought to herself. I really need to get out of my books every once in a while. She laughed to herself. 

"Oh, and going back to the penalties, I've seen players do worse. Some have orange and red things over their head for a reason." She took another sip of her water. "You easily have the stats to overpower me while outside a Safe Zone. But, I trust that you won't." She looked into his eyes. "I can tell you aren't that type of person." Then she giggled. "Though, some enjoy having pain inflicted on them, if that's what you really want." She winked and laughed at her joke. 

Wait... Was this the first time she discovered the friend's list!? In a long while it seems. Wow... That was actually sort of depressing, even he felt a slight bit sad just hearing that. Perhaps she wasn't really the most social person despite how warm and welcoming she seemed. Unfortunate indeed. How many years has it been since she's seen her lover? Regardless, he chuckled lightly and sent her a request when she gave him permission to do that. The poor thing was buried deep in her little bubble, so he was going to get her out? Seems like it.

"You've done nothing for me to break your trust. So I'll just stand and take all the hits until you're satisfied." He boldly declared as he took another bit of gin for himself, laughing lightly when she began to jest with him again. She talked in a somewhat flirty way despite coming off so sweet and kind, nearly two sides of a coin. "Only if it's you, my love~." A joke launched back in return before he turned himself over to see a check. Lovely. An X and an O, the O would deduct the col from his funds annnnd they're set.

"There we go, love. Was that all you wanted for your meal?"

[OOC: Ayyyyy, same person playing the actual character. I'll forfeit any rewards on my half if necessary.]

Symphony laughed some more at his joke. To his question, she replied, "Ah, yes! I haven't been doing much today, so I wasn't that hungry. But after a long day of hunting, I do love to have a meal or two." 

Suddenly, she heard a notification and jumped. "Oh! It seems like I got your request." She quickly swiped and accepted it. "Huh. Surprised I haven't asked other players for friends requests. You see, I collect many of my books from other more experienced players. They write both non-fiction and fiction books, and some really do help as guides and with tips. It would make contacting them again so much easier." She groaned. She always had to wait for those players to return to the lower floors in order to trade items for the books. But now that she had figured out the friending system, she could message them in the future. She made note of this. 

"Hm, speaking of hunting," she said, her voice becoming excited, "How does a bit of hunting during dusk sound?" She had checked her watch and it was about 6:20 pm, nearly dark already. A certain look came into her eyes. "The beasts are always active and abundant at this time of night. And," she said while patting him on the back, "if I could have you as a hunting partner for tonight, then I'd have nothing to worry about."

Since recently starting quests, Symphony had realized how much she loved to hunt and kill the other beasts on her level. Yes, it may have been a bit morbid, but it was like an unquenchable thirst for her -- like a fun game. 

"Ob absolutely. I feel slightly sad that you didn't know about it, the friend's list is the best assist for keeping people together here." Leru replied as he rolled his wrist, hopping up from the seat so that he could stretch, he wasn't going to let himself grow stiff from the level of inactivity. No thanks. As he did this, he would continue to listen to her before she suggested hunting. It was evening and the sky was no longer radiating with light, though her eyes were something to keep a note of. The one sweet and passionate gaze they gave him faded, something... Interesting, replaced it. She... Did take his joke as a joke, right?

Fortunately, she did! It was simply to hunt, though it was weird that she wanted to do it in a part of the day that seemed... Dangerous. But if she got some thrill from that, he was going to match her, damn it! "Sounds like a plan. Fun fact about me though, I have to handle the game from the perspective of a new player. Illusions are fun to manipulate and whatnot, but the real numbers... Oh boy. I can still tank though if we handle these beasts quickly. As for damage... That's all you."

Symphony looked over at Leru as he mentioned the friend's list thing and shrugged. "Oh, never mind that! No need to feel sorry for me. It just means I had more adventures looking for my suppliers anyways." 

She noticed Leru stretching and began to do the same. However, her stretching was a bit more . . . flexible. She was blessed with being quite flexible, able to contort her body nearly any which way in real life -- apparently this talent had transferred over to her game self as well. As she bent herself backwards and nearly in half, she continued her conversation with Leru. "Hm, that's why I'm going out so late if I'm honest with you. I can see your stats, and you would definitely be able to save me if I do something too stupid." She bent herself back right ways, glancing at his stats to make sure, and then bent forward, touching the floor with her hands spread flat. "And yes, I do trust you enough to do such a thing. Whether that be a stupid decision or not, we'll find out." She stood up. "I was never one for good planning. I'm more hm...spontaneous!" 

She began to walk towards the door of the tavern, waving to Leru to follow her. "Oh, and don't worry. I've scoped most of the good places out where there are lower level beasts are. Each level and animal sounds different." She twitched her ears to show how she could move them towards sound. Her musical background and life before the game allowed for her to discern sounds from each other easily. It came in great hand when tracking boars or other beasts.