[PP-F1] Welcome to ze game

She was well-built and flexible with her stretches, and he seemed stiff even while moving his body around. A lovely lady with physical and mental blessings, who was the lucky lover~? Regardless, she was on his side and even planned to trust him despite the risks. "You are  a unique one, dear." Leru couldn't help but chuckle, he said it all too warmly as well. A smile and everything. "And somehow, I feel I've made the right decision in approaching someone like you. I'll aim to avoid disappointment." And usually he would manipulate in order to obtain his ways, but this one seemed far... Better, than the others he's been with. Simply put, this was a lass that had personality along with ability, what a waste it would be to just leave her. If she was this great, how could he avoid meeting her lover? Two people like this in his life would be just... Amazing!

Leru then followed her when she beckoned for him to do so, resulting in the two of them to travel together. "Sounds lovely! It's been a while since I've been used to such a floor, so I'm relying solely on your navigation skills." He explained honestly as he would advance with an axe coming out from his inventory.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She laughed nervously, saying, "Well, I'm not the best at navigation usually. But at night I'm some how better. It seems like lack of sight makes all my other senses hone in, my hearing especially. " She walked with Leru to the Safe Zone gates, waved to the guards, and stepped outside of the zone. She paused to breathe in deeply. "Ah, there's the familiar smell of the wild." Her eyes lit up. "Follow me," she said as she made her way to a small path that split off to the left from the main one. Few would notice it, but it was a path worn by her. She found it the best one to use when hunting smaller beasts. 

Suddenly she stopped, motioning for Leru to stop behind her. She crawled forward. Crash! She heard the hooves of the boar and immediately sliced into it, making an 8 inch cut along its side. She grinned, the hunt had began. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113787  

BD: 8 (Success!)

MD: 1 (critical failure)

Symphony

HP 60/60 | EN 5/6 | DMG 4 | MIT 9 | PLYZ 9 - 10

Weak Boar

HP 26/30 | DMG 9

Edited by Symphony

Leru followed her past the guards before he noticed nature along with her. It was lovely, absolutely. But perhaps not what they needed considering the danger they were in. Leru has the advantage of connections that allowed him unfair illusions, but his real stats were not so impressive. Simply put, he was a starter. On the plus side, he could start as soon as their new friend approached. "All right, I'll try to get some aggro off of him annnnnd..." Nothing, he missed a swing of his axe and would end up finding himself on the other end of it. But when he looked over to Symphony, he would notice that she was grinning after she landed her mark. It was fun, yes. But something seemed a little... Different about this. Unfortunately for him, he did miss, so that aggro was on her and he could do little to stop it if he didn't nail a critical hit on the next go. Perhaps his luck was taking a day off today, but that was the last thing either needed.

ID: 113788

BD: 1

Symphony

HP 60/60 | EN 5/6 | DMG 4 | MIT 9 | PLYZ 9 - 10

Leru

20/20 | EN 2/2 | DMG 1 | MIT 18

Weak Boar

HP 26/30 | DMG 9

Edited by Sey

Symphony realized the enemy was now aggroed on her, but she didn't worry about it very much. In fact, she was enjoying the added danger. She laughed as she danced nimbly around the enemy, teasing it. Setting herself as at a good distance from the enemy, she prepared as he charged and launched an attack on the enemy, successfully paralyzing him. She tore into both of his side, a glint in her eyes, as she leaped over him and landed back onto the ground. 

Seeing that Leru had missed last time, she saw this as a perfect opportunity for him to launch again. "Okay, love!" she shouted to him. "It's your turn. Practice on him while he's still down." She grinned and stepped back, waiting to see what he could do. However, now she also noticed his stats. Hm, I must have been mistaken with his stats in the tavern. He's way lower than I originally thought. I'll have to watch over him for this fight. It's a good thing that the enemy is aggroed on me and not him. She didn't want him to die on her. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113805

BD: 9 (+1 Critical and Paralyze)

MD: 3 (fail)

Spoiler

Symphony

Leru

Weak Boar (-5 health from Symphony attack, currently paralyzed)

HP 21/30 | DMG 9 

Spoiler

Rank 1 Sword Arts

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.

Edited by Symphony

"You got it, love~." He replied, letting his voice trail to flirt as he naturally did. It was just a part of his nature to have this sort of fun, though he didn't really think he would be using his genuine stats to handle this. Regardless, that was besides the point. Leru held his axe upwards with confidence as the boar was stunned. He took the butt of the weapon and proceeded to poke the enemy with that instead, causing it to slide back and take a single point of damage. He was a tank, damage was not his specialty. "Nailed it! But I'm not exactly the damage sort, as you can tell. Tanking is where I do best~." Leru explained, though he wasn't sure if he did so before. The heat of battle, the first time he spent it genuinely instead of relying on items to create a false sense of security. Looks like he was paying the price, but his partner seemed understanding!

ID# 113806 results:

Battle: 8

Symphony

Leru

Weak Boar [Paralyzed this turn]

HP 20/30 | DMG 9 

Edited by Leru

Symphony nodded her head. "I understand," she yelled back to Leru before attacking again. "Don't push yourself too hard hun! Let me know if I need to take over." 

Noticing the boar get back on its feet, she launched herself towards it and used a sword art, launching her dagger into one side and then the next, stunning the enemy and tearing the muscles deep within it. Smiling, she leaped away, watching the enemy panting, laying on its side defenseless. "Let's see what you got, hun," she said to Leru, laughing with her enjoyment of this hunt. "I'm glad I get to hunt with you like this. It seems my luck is on our side tonight." Her luck really was unusually good tonight. She hoped it would stay like this for the rest of the night so that they could enjoy their evening to the fullest. 

Keeping watch, Symphony waited for Leru to attack. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113809

BD: 7 (success)

MD: 8 (negated by Symphony's successful sword art attack, stun)

Spoiler

Symphony

HP 60/60 | EN 0/6 | DMG 4 | MIT 9 | PLYZ 9 - 10

Leru

Weak Boar (-8 health from Symphony sword attack, stunned)

HP 13/30 | DMG 9 

Spoiler

Rank 1 Sword Arts

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.

Edited by Symphony

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that!" Leru declared as he raised his axe again. Symphony was getting these hits all over the place, but he wasn't so lucky. Charge again with the giant axe and he would find himself batting at dead air instead, the control of the weapon being so low that he missed a stunned boar. Due to how heavy it was, the swing would force his body to spin wildly before his feet finally obtained grip. It wasn't going to counterattack, fortunately for him. Still, he was going to have a hell of a problem if he can't take aggro away from such a boar. How was he supposed to tank if he didn't have that key mechanic in him? Regardless, he did have to resort to what she said. "I bloody botched the damn thing up, take over, dear!" Seems like he's grown serious in combat, nothing like his typical playful side. It was unfortunate, but better than having no one at all.

ID# 113810 results:

Battle: 1

Symphony

HP 60/60 | EN 4/6 | DMG 4 | MIT 9 | PLYZ 9 - 10

Leru

20/20 | EN 0/2 | DMG 1 | MIT 18

Weak Boar [Stunned]

HP 13/30 | DMG 9 

Edited by Leru

She watched as Leru grew more serious. She smiled and thought, I'm glad he's starting to take things seriously. He may begin to enjoy it as much as I do soon enough. He somehow looked even more handsome like this...

Suddenly, the boar charged at her while she was distracted with Leru. "Oof." It hit her right in her side, but luckily her armor blocked most of the damage. "You darn thing..." she muttered. She bared her teeth in annoyance and lashed out at it. Ripping her dagger into its side, she saw it stagger. "Ah, getting weaker now, are we?" She grinned. 

Turning to Leru, she said, "Now enjoy this, love~. Let your passion for the hunt flow through you and charge your hits." She wondered if he would be one of those who loved the hunt like her. Either way, she could see he was getting into the fight, which made her happy. It showed he was focused and training his skills properly.

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113814

BD: 6

MD: 6

Spoiler

Symphony

HP 59/60 | EN 0/6 | DMG 4 | MIT 9 | PLYZ 9 - 10

Leru

20/20 | EN 1/2 | DMG 1 | MIT 18

Weak Boar 

HP 9/30 | DMG 9 

Spoiler

Rank 1 Sword Arts

Edited by Symphony

There was a craze in her eyes that he should note, they were far different from that of the original Symphony that he saw. Something that looked a little sadistic, the enemies were bound to die with that look staring at them as they draw their final breath. What did Leru think of it? Simply, he would acknowledge it with a smile, for that was the type of thing they needed to survive the game. "All right, let's see what this thing is made of~" Leru replied to her, accepting her knowledge as he took the axe up from the ground again, only for nothing to come through with it. As a result of this, he would end up slicing hard onto the ground, only for the boar to evasively bail out and charge towards Symphony yet again. This stupid sly thing! "Damn this boar... I'll rip it to damn shreds the instant this axe obtains a higher level of strength!"

Symphony

Leru

20/20 | EN 1/2 | DMG 1 | MIT 18

Weak Boar 

HP 9/30 | DMG 9 

ID# 113821 results:

Battle: 4

Edited by Leru

Symphony watched Leru miss and couldn't help but laugh a little at his attempts. It was an endearing laugh, not meant to hurt his pride. Then she watched as the boar charged her. She smiled and dodged its attack while attempting to launch her dagger into its side again. Unfortunately, she missed and merely scraped the ground. A fire lit behind her eyes and she bared her teeth in frustration. "Come back her you useless piece of bacon!" she yelled after the boar, mad that she had finally missed. Hm, seems my luck finally ran out. Well time to bring it back. 

She watched the beast run back towards Leru. Come on. Hit him this time. I know you can!, she thought to herself. "You got this, Leru!" she shouted to him. If we kick our luck back up, we should be able to defeat this boar with 2 or 3 more round of fighting. She smiled. Her first hunt with another person was going great.

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113840

BD: 2

MD: 1

Spoiler

Symphony

Leru

Weak Boar 

HP 9/30 | DMG 9 

Spoiler

Rank 1 Sword Arts

Edited by Symphony

He missed, but she missed as well. Her laugh didn't touch his spirit due to the kind nature it possesses, he couldn't help but smirk in response to it. They were not in any real danger, fortunately. The boar decided to aim back towards him though, a mistake to be sure. So he shoved the axe into the ground so that it stood still well enough to use as a platform. Leru then stepped up onto the handle of the weapon, then kicked off with a flip forward. When his arms reached the handle, he would grip the weapon from the ground and continue spinning before slamming the axe down onto the boar. Something swift and fancy, but it would ultimately hit the damn beast and prevent it from moving much further for the moment.

"Thanks for the confidence boost, love~." Leru replied to her before he raised his axe back up yet again. "I pushed him back a bit, take a chance!"

Symphony

Leru

Weak Boar 

HP 8/30 | DMG 9 

ID# 113860 results:

Battle: 8

Edited by Leru

Symphony nodded to Leru and his flashy move. Then she turned her turn to the boar who was now charging back towards her. She took a moment to brace herself and then charged forward as well, weapon drawn before her. At the last second, she dodged to the left and wedged her blade in between the animals rips, cutting the tendons between them. This paralyzed the animal for a moment -- just enough so that Leru may be able to get another successful attack in again.

Completely focused now, as the battle was coming to a close, she turned her eyes towards Leru and nodded, motioning that it was now his turn. The boar was barely standing at this point, favoring its left side as the right was now split nearly in two, blood dripping to the ground. She looked back to the boar. It had a hopeless, pathetic look on its face. Hopefully they could bring an end to this soon.

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114097

BD: 9 (+1 crit)

MD: 5 (fail)

Symphony

HP 59/60 | EN 0/6 | DMG 4 (5 for this turn) | MIT 9 | PLYZ 9 - 10

Leru

Weak Boar, paralyzed

HP 3/30 | DMG 9 

Edited by Symphony

He had to help Symphony follow up on her attack. And while he did give an acrobatic display before, the aesthetics needed to stop so that he could at least contribute a Symphony's hit worth of damage. Perhaps howl will become a skill for him to obtain one day, but he must focus on obtaining damage today. Tanking was a tough task in the beginning, but it pays to have survival be the number one priority in the long run. Symphony had no problem ripping through the boar yet again as she did naturally, causing him to follow up with the axe blade grinding against the ground. It was grass, so no aesthetic sparks could emit from the sharp blade, but at least he could obtain an effective uppercut towards the chin of the boar. It was a mighty strike, but nothing that Symphony couldn't easily overpower due to his lower stats. Oh the wonders of illusions, but at least something was obtained. "Finish it, love~."

ID# 114109 results:

Battle: 7

Symphony

HP 59/60 | EN 0/6 | DMG 4 (5 for this turn) | MIT 9 | PLYZ 9 - 10

Leru

Weak Boar, paralyzed

HP 2/30 | DMG 9  

Edited by Leru

"Alright! Will do!" Symphony yelled back to Leru as she saw the boar come back towards her. She raised her dagger and charged head-first towards the boar. However, as she was only a foot away, she lost her footing and tumbled to the side, missing the boar. The boar also managed to tumble and roll into a tree -- similar to her own clumsiness. Symphony quickly got up and dusted herself off, shaking the dust from her hair and armor. Coughing, she said to Leru, "Sorry 'bout that. Must have been a muddy patch over here." She then kicked the dirt off of her shoe and readjusted her armor.

Meanwhile, the boar got up and huffed, enraged. It pawed the ground and ran around aimlessly, a little dazed from running into the tree. Then it finally got its vision and way of direction back and charged again at the two players. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114213

BD: 3 (fail)

MD: 2 (fail)

Symphony

Leru

Weak Boar, paralyzed

HP 2/30 | DMG 9  

Edited by Symphony

Symphony was no slacker, but the poor thing was clumsy at times unfortunately. Leru could relate in that sense, for he was no stranger to making such mistakes in the game. A smile lapsed on his face as he chuckled, she tried to excuse herself with that mistake. "No, love. It is absolutely all right, there is no need to fret over such a thing." The man replied before raising his axe up yet again. It has been so long since he obtained this sort of thrill, where there was danger and the chance of missing. The illusions were fun for their own reason, but that did not mean that they were better. Something about this thrill... It excited him. And while he would like to claim the chance to strike and hit the boar, he would find that opportunity lost, for the boar quickly took itself out of sight for the moment. Was it behind a tree? Regardless, Leru was not going to be getting it anytime soon until it comes out of hiding.

ID# 114247 results:

Battle: 3

@Symphony

Leru

Weak Boar, paralyzed

HP 2/30 | DMG 9  

Edited by Leru

Now it was Symphony's turn to end this. She raised her dagger and raced at full speed toward the weakened boar. With one quick slash, she slit its throat and watched as the pixels exploded around her. "Haha, the fight is finally won," she said with glee. Bending down, she picked up what the boar had dropped for her. She looked over at Leru and walked over to him. "How are you feeling big guy? Oh, and did you want to split the loot as well?" 

She opened her inventory and showed him what the boar had dropped. "Not too much, but the rare trinket is a good one. Why don't you take it as a gift for hunting with me?" She smiled and took the unidentified rare trinket out of its inventory slot and gave it to Leru. "I know us beginners always need all the extra bonuses that we can get. Think of me when you use it." 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114716

BD: 10 (+2 crit)

MD: 1 

Loot roll

Roll ID#: 114717

LD: 17

CD: 12

90 col + 60 + 90 = 240 col

2 T1 materials

1 <<Unidentified T1 Rare Trinket>>

Edited by Symphony

And it looks like the fight is won! But all Leru did was give the boar a kiss every now and then, it was Symphony who did the work to inflict the damage that she did. "I could feel a bit more useful, but these are real beginner numbers I'm playing with. Maybe choosing the tanking package isn't such a good idea at the start." Leru declared with the tilt of his head. Was that the first line he said that didn't trace some sort of flirt or compliment? "It's okay though, you can keep the lo-"

Regardless,  she managed to offer one to him before dropping a rare trinket onto him. "Wait, Symphony, you really don't have to-" But then she stated for him to think of her when she used it. So it wasn't like a vanity item in that sense. It was also their first form of loot from hunting together. If he tanked better and she did the damage, there would be a better sync between them both in combat. "I'll try my best then, but that better be the only one! You killed the boar so elegantly, you get to keep everything else." Leru declared, and don't expect him to budge either. It was easy for him to take free things from people usually. But he felt like there was much more to gain with keeping her around as a friend instead of taking scraps every now and then.  "What do you think, love~? That was rather fun, I had to admit."

Symphony smiled as she saw Leru accept the gift without any further objection. They did make quite a good team, but she knew that she would have to help Leru level if they wanted to work as a proper team. "Alright, I'll keep the other things, but I'll let you kill the next beast we find in our next hunt. You deserve to keep some rewards to." She stepped over closer to Leru and reached up to tussle his hair playfully. 

She did enjoy the hunt. It was much better and less lonely having a partner to hunt with than doing everything alone like she normally did. "It was quite fun," she said while looking up at the sky. "Ah, it appears it's near midnight now." My how time had flied while they were having fun. "How about we go back to the tavern and get some drinks? We can go up to my apartment above the tavern and talk some more." She sensed that Leru had deeper secrets and tales to tell, and she wanted to hear them. 

He chuckled lightly when she messed with his hair, seemingly willing to go through with another hunt sometime in the future. How kindly of her, he couldn't help but wish to take that sort of offer, considering he ended up with the spoils. "Why, little ol' me? I couldn't possibly." Leru playfully replied to her offer, placing the tip of his right finger against his chin while looking up with his red orbs. There was no thought, he already made up his mind. Under a midnight sky were two players who were exposed to danger if they stayed out like this for too long. One may handle it, but the other surely would struggle.  "All right, let's go then. We can't keep ourselves waiting for too long." Leru would offer, extending a hand to help escort a lady back to her home above the tavern. As humble as it sounded, it was nice to have a change of pace in life. Something told him that some drinks would be a nice addition to this night when it was spent with her.

Symphony smiled when he accepted her offer, glad that Leru had agreed. Tonight would be a fun night, she was sure of it. They would drink and be merry and share stories as the morning came.

As they entered the tavern, Symphony signaled to the barkeep to bring 4 beers up to her room when he was free. Meanwhile, she walked Leru up to her room above the tavern and laid down on the bed. "Ah, it feels so nice to finally rest my back," she sighed while stretching out on the bed. She sat up and cracked it and sighed some more. Then she looked up at Leru and patted the bed beside her. "Come, sit. The barkeep will be up with our drinks soon enough."

Just as she said that, she heard a knock at the door. She quickly got up and fetched the drinks, thanking the barkeep. She laid the beers on a dresser near the door and picked up two beers. She sat back down on the bed and handed one of the beers to Leru while drinking the other one. "Nothing like a good beer after a night of hunting."