[PP-05] Worse Than the Cold <<The Traveler>> w/ Sey

Kirbs had just arrived on floor five, and as promised she had typed up a quick message for Sey:

Spoiler

To: @Sey

Hey Sey, I'm on floor five right now. Hurry up so we can get this over with!

She clicked the send button and sighed. It was hot. Stupid hot. It was almost as bad as floor four. How could a floor where it went below zero go to a floor where it's practically boiling point every day? Scarfy hung around her arm and flicked his forked tongue in and out. "Right, this is where you came from. You should have no problem with this then!" She smirked at her familiar, who only gave her a sideways glance before turning his head back to the outskirts of the town. This quest shouldn't be too terribly hard. I just had to find some cargo in the middle of the desert, right? Simple! She was starting to regret her thoughts as she stepped into the bare sun. Yelping, she ran back to the shade and frowned. Okay, this might not be such a good idea.

@Sey

Spoiler

LVL: 12

HP: 240

EN: 24

Inventory: 

>5 Starter Healing Potions: Heals 50 HP

Perfect, the DM arrived and now it was off to the fifth floor! Kyu was coming as well, and she was in no less sassy a mood than the previous times. She was a wolf who loved the cold, but it was okay for her to be in the heat thanks to his skill. Equipped with the exact things he needed to take on the world, he would find the end of the safe zone to see the familiar redhead. Approaching her from behind was fine as long as he didn't scare her, he didn't want to see her screaming. Not yet. Come on, they have to be closer than that! "Hey Kirbs~. Guess who I brought!" With that, Kyu would jump from Sey's shoulder, looking up at the new girl in front of her with an indifferent facial expression. If Kyu didn't hate someone immediately, they were off to a good start! "Now here's the thing. We have cargo to locate and take on. I should be able to strike it down in one go, but make sure to prepare yourself just in case. Are you ready for this?" Kyu would look for the other familiar that was promised. She was better off with those she can relate to. @Kirbs

Spoiler

Sey: Level 58

HP:  1,205

EN: 116

Inventory: N/A

Edited by Sey

Kirbs turned around and faced Sey with a grin. "Hey, Sey. This must Kyu!" Kirbs gushed. She looked over her shoulder and at Scarfy, who held the exact opposite of her expression. "I'll take that as a good sign," she declared. I see what's in your head, Scarfy. I know you're plotting a rebellion against me! Kirbs seethed in her head as she narrowed her eyes at her own familiar. She knew Scarfy was going to enjoy seeing her suffer in the harsh, hot, and exhausting quest.

Nodding her head him, she pumped her fist. "Yeah. Let's do it." She pointed off at the town exit and grinned. "This is gonna suck a lot," she said was a red face. "I'm barely five minutes in this floor and I'm already dying from heat stroke!" She exclaimed. She wasn't sure if this was worse than yesterday. If she were to put on a coat on now, it would be suicide. As she walked towards the exit, she frowned. "Sey, make a distraction. I need my mind to get off of this heat. Uh, uh. Tell me about yourself. I don't know!"

@Sey

"Yup! And she doesn't hate you from the beginning, so maybe there's hope!" Sey explain, the wolf flicking her tail to the side as she looked at Scarfy. There seemed to be some intents in that mind, and Kyu would smirk at the other familiar. Either there was a plan in that head or that facial expression was a common one with it. Kyu only hoped it was the former. Regardless, Sey chuckled lightly as he would place his hands in his pockets. When he stepped out, the Survivalist effect took place and allowed his body to completely mitigate the harsh climate of the game. Hip hip hooray~.

"No no, none of that! Focus on me~." Sey explained as he would look into his out of combat inventory to see what he could entice her with. Nothing was there, so he had to take her advice instead. "I'm Sey! Did you know I have a shop as well? I am nearly maxed out in cooking, so I think the profession is working out quite nicely. What about you? What is your profession?" He had to keep her mind off of the damn heat!

@Kirbs

Kirbs' ears perked up, "Oh wow, you're that far into your shop, huh? That's actually pretty impressive!" She gaped at him. "I feel like an amateur compared to you," she sighed, chuckling to herself soon after. "I took in the artisan profession, but I haven't crafted in a while." She gave a long whistle after she said that. "You must be a damn good cook then," the girl giggled. She huffed, "now I'm bored again.” 

She sighed and glanced at Sey before looking down back at the ground. Blah, it feels so weird to be around a high levelled player. Shouldn’t be somewhere on the double-digit floors? She sighed and mentally shrugged, waving off the topic. Well, I don’t care. I made a new friend and that’s all I really care about. She smiled to herself goofily. Though the heat didn't bother her as much anymore, she could still be seen sweating her pores out. It was times like these that she really hated the game.

Spoiler

ID: 113757

CD: 4, No Damage Taken

Edited by Kirbs

Damn it, Kirbs was so whimsical with her topics! Sey had to think, hmmmm. Regardless, the sands blew as they walked, but neither health bar was threatened. It won't make a difference to his health bar since he obtained the skill, but Kirbs seemed to be in a commendable position. Still though, she needed her mind to be kept off of the sands, it seems like that was working! "Bored!? Mmmmmmm, wait. What do you do in your shop? Think you can hook a mate up with some items~?" Joking with her, that was bound to get them some progress, right!? If she happened to say yes... He would be dumbfounded and actually turn it down. But likely not, and he added a little chuckle at the end of it with a smile before pointing forward. "The cargo is this way. Onward, gamer!" Sey declared with an extended pointer finger, looking to portray himself to be like a captain navigating a one-man crew. Come on, the imagination had to count for something.

[Environmental Effects Negated by Survival]

Kirbs blew the grit out of her mouth with a bleh. She shrugged her shoulders and bit her lip. "I honestly haven't crafted anything," she mumbled, "because I've been so low on materials and all that. I've been planning to gather but I just keep forgetting." She facepalmed herself for being such an idiot. "But you can always come by later. It's pretty much closed for now until I get some more materials. I know a good artisan who's still pretty active. Her names Ennakai. Maybe you can check out her shop or something until mine opens up." She smiled at him then turned back to face the desert dunes. She saluted with a straight face. "Aye, aye captain!" She burst into a small fit of laughter after a few seconds. "I seriously can not keep straight face. It's literally impossible for me. I honestly don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing."

Spoiler

ID: 113776

CD: 6, No Damage Taken

@Sey

Edited by Kirbs

"Oh? Well then... Why not take me with you sometime? I have a skill that gets far more materials than the average dork." A good thing too, he was a few seconds away from discarding the skill for more power. Treasure in this game wasn't as valuable considering the costs, and he needed to keep his damage high. But if it could get his partner in crime a good bit of materials to help her business, why not? "Thanks! But I think I'm hooked up for now. When you do open though, I would love to give you business!"

"That's a damn good thing!" Sey replied as he would place his arms over his chest. How dare she think such happiness was bad!? Nah nah nah, none of that speak while they were partied up together! "That's how survivors do it! Shove them onto an island and they'll make sock puppets and dance! If you keep smiling and having fun, your morale is high! We can survive with more smiles like yours."

"Average dork, hm?"She let out a small snort at his statement. "I'm not even sure if I want to keep it open but I'll ring you up if I ever need it," she said, shaking her head at herself. It was true, she honestly felt like owning a shop was too much responsibility for her. She's a procrastinator and responsibility and procrastination don't mix very well. Maybe when she actually gets serious, she'll open it back up again. She nodded her head enthusiastically. "Of course! I'd be happy to give me dearest customer the best of my five-star services," she drawled, rolling her eyes jokingly. 

"Hm, really? People teased me for it all the time," she chuckled. She snorted loudly and covered her mouth as her shoulders heaved up and down. "Oh-oh my God, Sey!" She punched his shoulder. "You can't just say t-those things," she cracked again, her eyes closing in pure amusement. "What the hell!" She chortled, forcing the laughter down her throat. "God, you make me hurt sometimes."

Spoiler

CD: 113795

CD: 2,  No Damage Taken

Edited by Kirbs

"What, am I not worth six stars~?" Sey jested with a light level of laughter immediately after, she was easy to click with! A shame that she didn't want to go into business, that was how good money was made. But who was he to tell her what to do with her life? He tilted his head to the side when she mentioned that she got teased for it all the time, but he didn't really have anything to say to that. Sorry? Sey didn't do any of it, he even supported it! It was good for business~. Poor Kirbs might choke out of laughter though, so he smiled as he continued. "Oh~? Can't I~? Check this out then." He held up one of his palms, opened up the palm like a mouth to sync with his voice. "Aw damn, I wish we would be saved already! It's okay, I'm your very best friend!" This was so dorky, but Kirbs seemed to be having a kick out of it. And it was the best distraction from the stupid levels of heat in the desert.

"Not even close," she giggled, rolling her eyes. "Only the greatest of the great can be worth six stars," she huffed, crossing her arms. Scarfy gave a low hiss as she nearly caught his tail, to which she seethed back. I can barely deal with this heat and now I have to deal with you too, Scarf? Why must you loathe me? She frowned at her familiar before sighing in defeat. She didn't even know why she was trying to bother with him. Kirbs wiped away the hair that stuck to her forehead and mumbled curses under her breath. She raised an eyebrow at Sey's smile, "What? Oh, no. What are you going to do, Sey?" I'm going to die, again. She chuckled to herself and proceeded to watch him. "Oh my God." Her cheeks blew up as she tried to contain her laugh. She slapped a hand over her mouth as her shoulders heaved up and down. "Jesus Christ, Sey. How am I still bloody alive?" Her stomach caved in and out as she heaved, taking in large breaths. "My God!"

Spoiler

ID: 113827

CD: 2, No Damage Taken

@Sey

Edited by Kirbs

"Got me there, you absolute dork~." Sey replied with a light nudge on her shoulder, giving her a light push to mess with her a little. It was all for fun and games, and it felt fun to mess with someone like her. She was willing to go along with his little gimmicks, so he felt comfortable having gentle banter. Though her explosive laughs caused her to stumble about frantically with a hellish way of moving, so playtime was over. He would offer his body as a support to lean on by crouching a slight bit. "Easy, easy! We definitely don't need you passing out, gamer. I'll stop making jests then, you certainly won't be benefiting from them." Sey explained as he placed his hands in his pockets before he saw the familiar buried cargo boxes buried deep in the sands, they stood out from the rest of this silly desert, so they had to give them something of value. "I think we got the cargo! That means we are halfway done with this journey~."

“Dork?” She gasped, pressed a palm over her mouth. “Sir, that’s an absolute lie. I wasn’t the one who was making hand puppets!” She pushed him back teasingly, rolling her eyes. It’s been a while since she had met someone who could keep up with her... peppy attitude. Even though she had made plenty of new friends in SAO, she hadn’t met anyone who actually dealt with her personality for two days straight. That was a new record! “Passing out? Psh, me? You must be mistaken.” She gave him a sly smile and nodded her head. “For I, only pass out from a butt ton of sugar, thanks yer’ very much!” Kirbs grinned. Is it possible to even pass out from sugar... in here? Well, I’ll have to find out later

Kirbs clapped her hands slowly. “Whoot, whoot,” she said in an oh-so-enthusiastic way. Halfway through? Only halfway through? Sure, she was kind of fine for the first half but she wasn’t sure if she could finish the last half in one go. 

@Sey

Spoiler

ID: 113828

CD: 5, No Damage Taken

Edited by Kirbs

"I have no idea what you're talking about~." Sey taunted teasingly, raising his left hand yet again to have the lips sync to those words. This was all for fun anyways, and she seemed to be having a good time! Taking his eyes onto her health bar, he would tilt his head to the side. It seems like her perkiness was capable of brightening up a desert, but she was so close to hitting the sand with the levels of laughter she was emitting. "Mistaken? Your face was almost as red as your hair, love!" All in jest and in good fun, interacting with others just for the sake of it. Typically a good business move, but she offered little. This was just a genuine bit of banter for the both of them to enjoy. And with that, he would place the cargo in his inventory before looking around. "Now we just have to find our way towards the ones who take these crates and you will never have to struggle through the cold again. Think you're down for that?"

"Only people with six stars have any idea what mean," she said in-a-matter-of-factly voice, sticking her tongue out at him like the child she is. Though it did seem like she wasn't the only child around here, judging by the fact that Sey was making hand puppets again. She snorted and pushed his hands away. "I plan not to die from lack of oxygen in the middle of the bloody desert because of your hand puppets," Kirbs giggled, sighing heavily right after. Heat rose to her cheeks as she laughed it off nervously, "Pshhh... no. Wait- maybe. Shut up!" She whacked his shoulder with a glare. "Na, na, na. I think you're thinking of another redhead." She nodded excitedly and grinned. "Thank God, I don't ever want to stumble into people in the middle of a snow-covered forest with no bloody jacket again," she rolled her eyes teasingly as she stretched her arms above her head.

Spoiler

ID: 114013

CD: 2, No Damage Taken

@Sey

Edited by Kirbs

"Hey, don't hate me because ladies love the white hair~." Sey taunted right back to her comment of him lacking six stars, she was an absolute dork who made time go by rather quickly. They were advancing quickly and she seemed to be doing well, he can't see her health going down at all. With that in mind, they just had to move a bit further before reaching their destination. Sey laughed off the whack on his shoulder with a smile lapsing on his lips, he won that one for sure. She then replied to him and said she would never want to meet people back in the snow forest yet again, and he couldn't help but play along. "You're probably right, what are you mere mortals to beings such as those. But it's okay, maybe one will accept you into their coup if your face doesn't match your hair." Oh boy, he loved that one such much. There was fun with these forms of interaction, they felt so wholehearted and warm. But that was expected in a desert.

She scoffed, giving a wee smile. “You can wish. But I’m not impressed!” Kirbs grinned and tapped her fingertips together devishly. “You are so lucky this isn’t the real world. I would’ve forced you to dye your hair a real nasty color. How does barf green sound?” She give him a coy smile. She giggled jokingly, averting her eyes to the endless and rolling hills of sand. Man, who would want to live on a floor like this, that must suck, she shuddered, can’t imagining herself living on such a hot and dry place. She gave a fake gasp, and poured. “Mortal? I think not, lowly peasant!” She said defiantly. “Oi, oi, oi. At least my hair isn’t as bland as my personality,” she countered, shaking her head at him. “Is your hair even natural? How do you even have natural white hair?” She flicked his forehead and sighed. “You’re a work of nature, I tell you.”

Spoiler

ID: 114174

CD: 6, No Damage Taken

@Sey

Edited by Kirbs

"I was thinking pitch black to match the black hole where you're heart is supposed to be." Sey calmly retorted as he matched her giggles with is collected personality, she was full of energy and had such smart lips. And she didn't hesitate to try and defend herself, but white hair was beautiful while also being unusual! The theatrics were absolutely appreciated throughout their exchanges, expressions such as that made her far more playful as she then slapped something witty on top of it. "Okay, so this is the time I have to give you the talk then. You see, when a mommy and a daddy love each other so much-" Sey then stopped right there with a chuckle before then addressing her last statement, calling him work of nature. He just smiled before looking to ruffle her hair a slight bit, they were so close to the end as well. "Gotta entertain you somehow, you absolute dork~."  To repeat it again with a singsong tone trailing.

She grimaced, squinting at him. “Oh, my nonexistent heart!” She replied dramatically, clutching the spot where her heart was ‘supposed’ to be. “But in all fun in games. You would look utterly ridiculous in black hair. I mean, look at you!” She held up his arm, pointing at his pale hands. “You’re as pale as snow!” She said incredulously, dropping his arm. “You would look like an emo teenager if you had black hair.” She stifled a giggle, shaking her head. “But if you did, I’d loan you some black mascara if you need it,” she winked jokingly, nudging his shoulder with her elbow.

”Oh, not what I meant, dummy!” She shrieked, covering her ears. “La, la, la! I can’t hear you!” She squeezed her eyes shut and refused to open them. A few seconds later, she finally opened them and sighed in relief. Removing her hands from her hand, she pushed him harshly, pouting. “You’re a jerk. You... mean... butt face.” She huffed, fixing her now ruffled hair. Looking up, she blinked. “Oh, it looks like we’re back,” she mumbled, realization suddenly kicking her in the arse, “... and that means I finished the quest! Yay!” She squealed, jumping up and down excitedly.

@Sey

Awwww, she was such a child and it was adorable to see her react to him twisting her words to tell her something awful, followed by a hard push that had him laughing, claiming victory for flustering her up the way he did. "Awwwww, you love me regardless~." Sey teased before the final destination has been reached. A smile lapsed on his face as this was the confirmed ending of the quest before the redhead declared it. And she began jumping up and down, his purple eyes just watching her excitedly move about before he dropped the cargo off towards their target. A successful quest and now Kirbs had the means to survive harsher climates. Mostly. There was still a smaller fee to pay in skill points, but he had doubts that Kirbs would mind in the first place. "Good job! See? Nothing to it. And now you can survive the harsher climates without a problem." He explained, looking back forward, for now she just had to claim it. A successful end.