[F01-PP] Protection is usefull

97751-park-summer-pond-tree-flower-trees-garden.thumb.jpg.8e69cf1b623a24c094aef656166a657f.jpg

It was a nice day and Mace was for a long time back to floor one, she did not really have anything to do until the Police force of Aincrad went to do something, the battle with the dragon was all fun but really at the moment, she did want to be left alone. Walking into the big part of the town of beginners Mace went over to a small pound and sitting next to it. She looked at her reflection for a bit seeing her Blue hair and for a few seconds, she could see her twin brother in her own reflection. "I miss you, bro, I wish you where here," She said before leaning back as her long shield blue shield covered here whole back as it was quite a long shield. With a good look into the water again she gave a weak smile before she began to hum a bit. She was humming quite calmly and looking out over the water for a bit Mace was sure she was alone in this area for now. It felt not weird at all to be alone as most of her life Mace has been alone for a long time, and that did not really bother her at all. But most would say she just pushed people away, that may be true but Mace did not really trust anyone at all, not even the people they have met and helped her clearing things.

@Symphony

Edited by Mace

Symphony was reading underneath a tree by the pond when she heard someone talking talking quietly to themselves. Her ears twitched towards the sound and she looked up. She saw a woman sitting next to the pond with a shield on her back. Huh, that's pretty peculiar to see someone of a higher level down here on the lower floors, she thought to herself. 

Suddenly, she heard the girl humming. Ah, the sound of music, how I miss it. Symphony's mind traveled back to her musical life before the game. Her mother was an opera singer, and although Symphony never was as good as her mother, she did have the voice of an angel. She began to sing a melancholy harmony in tune with the girl sitting next to the pond. Relaxing into the tune, her voice echoed over the water and she closed her eyes, imagining she was in one of the great concert halls again. 

Spoiler

Level 3:

HP: 60 | EN: 6 | DMG 4 | MIT 9 | 

Skills: 

Rank 1 - Dagger

Sword Arts: 

Rank 1

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.
Spoiler

Inventory:

T1, Perfect] Dagger <<Stabby Stabby>>
              Enhancements: Damage, Damage, Paralyze

[T1, Uncommon] Light Armor <<Protector>>

Enhancements: Mitigation

(5) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

2,900 Col and (4) Tier 1 materials

- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
-1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Edited by Symphony

As Mace was humming a bit she felt quiet right away as she heard someone sing, Her face became red out of shame and turned to the voice. First being distracted by the nice sound was soon replaced with distrust and fear, Mace stood up and with her red was walked over to the player, "Who are you!" She demanded from the player as she looked to the player inspecting them up and down. The woman looked to be older then Mace for sure maybe two years or so. Mace did not trust the player at all, well in truth she did trust nobody in this game. Mace her face was still quite red and she took up the courage to speak again, "D...did you hear me talk? A...answer!" She demanded again wanting to know if the player did hear her talk as Mace did not want to look weak at all.

Symphony opened her eyes, still hearing a melody of an old song past in her head. "Oh, hello, my apologies. I was wondering where that wonderful hum was coming from. It must have been you," she said while smiling, oblivious to the hostility of the younger girl. "My name is Symphony, and yes I did hear you talk. Though my apologies for not hearing you at first, I was just caught up with singing."

She looked at the girl again, noticing her defensive stance. "Ah, and no need to be afraid of me." Symphony laughed. "I'm a lower level than you and have no intention of starting any fights." She noticed the girl was blushing. "And no need to be embarrassed around me, hun. Your humming was beautiful." 

Symphony moved to put away the book she was reading, locking it back into your inventory. "So, what brings you around these parts anyways?" she asked. "You're dressed as though you've just come from battle."

Once getting to get off guard as the woman seemed to be apologizing to Mace, it was really someone did for the first time in a long time. Lowering her hand from her hammer again Mace looked once again to the woman who introduced herself as Symphony. "Mace, like the weapon, And... Um, f...forget what I heard. OK!" She said fast still with quite a cold look into her eyes. It was clear that whoever Mace was she was ice cold with her emotions. "I'm not afraid of you, and you can't be trusted... Nobody can," She said lowering her voice a bit as she started thinking about what she said. Nobody ever said something like this to her as she was humming to herself. But once Symphony asked what she was doing her and how the way she was dressed. "I'm always Dressed like this, Something wrong with it," she said in one tone not letting any emotions out of her at all.

Symphony's brow furrowed at Mace's comment on trust. Sure, it was true that some could not be trusted, but to have distrust in everyone right off the bat could be just as dangerous as trusting everyone. 

Though her expression quickly changed and she laughed, replying to Mace, "Of course nothing's wrong with it. I was just wondering if you've been exploring the upper levels. If so, then you deserve a well-earned break. You always have to be on your guard up on those higher levels. But don't worry, now you can relax." Thinking for a moment or two, Symphony then began to speak again, "Though, it must have been hard for you to have made it so far by your lonesome. I understand that not everyone can be trusted. Trust me, I've run into a few sour players in my time here. But, that doesn't mean that not everyone can be trusted. There are many who still have good hearts." She smiled up at Mace. "Just like you. That's why you guard yourself, isn't it? Someone must have hurt you..." Symphony's voice quickly faded away as she realized what she was saying. "Ah! My apologies. I did not mean to delve into your life like that or make assumptions. It was more out of concern than anything." Symphony winced at her mistake and smiled apologetically, hoping Mace would forgive her. 

Mace looked at Symphony for a bit as she started to talk again, and talk about trust. It may be a bit true as Mace really did not trust anyone at all. Well at least maybe one or three people in the entire world One being her twin brother and the other maybe because Mace looked up to them being Hestia one of the frontliners and the leader of the police force here in the game where Mace was part off. When Symphony spoke a bit Mace listens close, and then at that moment when Symphony that someone has hurt her, Mace her face became red, not from abasement but like a volcano one that was about to explode. "HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW HAVE YOU BEEN FOLLOWING ME!" Mace said quite hostile to Symphony as she could hear her apologies she could also hear her own thoughts a bit and her brothers though saying, this is not my sister, who was always playing nice with the kitten, then Mace made a deep bow, "No... I'm Sorry! I don't care if you won't take my sorry but I will keep saying sorry until you accept it," she paused still bowing, "I'm sorry for yelling," And she kept repeating that.

@Symphony

Symphony looked up once she realized that Mace had started yelling, more curious than anything. She smiled with understanding in her eyes as the young woman then began to apologize. She reached out and patted Mace's head. She then spoke. "It's really alright, hun. And no, I haven't been following you, but I have learned to read people. My apologies for doing such so openly. Though you do seem to have something eating at you. Sometimes it is best to let such things out rather than holding them in. Acceptance is key in these cases." Pausing to look off into the distance in thought, she then looked over at Mace and continued. "Though it must have been something recent. Like a fresh wound, your body is leaking out negative energy." She looked upon the poor girl with pity. She had gone through tough times before and learned to read people just from past experiences. It had taken her on her own years to overcome past scarring events, but this poor girl was alone and seemed that her scars had recently been opened up. 

"Listen, I know we just met, but I feel concern for you. Are you sure you're alright?" Her face had a look of concern upon it. 

Mace looked up from apologizing and shock a bit as the hand of Symphony landed on her head. Letting out a sigh before pushing away Symphony's hand slowly, "I'm no small child anymore," she paused a bit and her voice was quite a bit lower now Altho Itza would say otherwise as he is just 5 second older, a weak smile came to her face as the thought about her twin again. looking up at Symphony as she speaks, "I would say I have always been like this, tho I wish not to speak about it at all so if you can stop worrying about me and take care of yourself miss Symphony, that would be great," Mace asked her looking down to the ground getting calm again and back to her cold hard breaking self. It was really just something Mace did not like to speak about and nothing in the wide world could have changed that for a long time. If people showed they did not mean hard, in the long run, Mace would have grown up to be more like her twin brother who cares for everyone and most of all looks at everything to the good side of things, Mace therefor is the complete opposite.

@Symphony

Symphony gently lowered her hand to her side after it had been pushed off of Mace's head. She listened to what the young one had to say and then laughed lightly. "I understand, but there is no need to call me miss haha. I'm not your teacher or a superior, you may call me just Symphony. No need for formalities," she explained. 

Trying the change the conversation, Symphony continued on, "Though you never answered my question about why you are here. You are more experienced than I, yet you come all the way down to the first floor. Normally, most would be at higher levels for higher looting chances and experience." She paused to think for a second. "Could it be that you are down here to escape? Ah-- there I go again." She laughed to herself lightly. "My apologies, you must forgive me. It has been a while since I have talked with another player." In fact, it had been a few weeks or so. Everyone had moved on to higher floors per usual, and Symphony had gotten absorbed into her books again. 

Mace looked up and stared at Symphony, as she asked about the first question ever, Mace completely forgot about that question because she went into her harsh way of saying hello. "I... ignore that part," Mace said as she started thinking a bit, true she did want to escape all those showoffs from the higher floor who just want her around to be their meat shield as on the lower floor monsters really could not damage her at all. But she did not want to tell that, "I... Just ... needed to relax, a Not much higher level than you. 10 levels," Mace said as she slowly was calming down again and returned to her quiet and calm self who seemed to be not best at this conversation thing like ever. "Why you?" Mace asked meaning to ask why Symphony was here and not trying to level up herself to get at least some things on the roll.

Symphony nodded her head understandingly as Mace spoke, though she was a little started as she threw the question back to her. She sighed and looked into the distance. "Well, to make a long story short, when I joined the game -- before I knew it was a trap -- I joined with my lover. But before I got the chance to even see his username or where he had gone, everyone started to panic as we realized we were all locked in here. I have no clue what name he goes by now, but I have been waiting for him on the lower levels to see if he'll return..." Her face had a sad and worried face on it. "I am now starting to work my way up to the higher levels, slowly but surely. However, I have been spending most of my time gathering information and asking around when those from the frontlines come back rather than trying to level myself. And I won't stop this search until I either find him alive or I find his dead body." She closed her eyes for a second and wiped her troubled look of her face. 

She looked up at Mace with a weak smile, "My apologies if that was too depressing, but it is the truth. I am waiting here for him." 

Mace listens to What Symphony was saying about why she was here in the first place it sounded all sad and a little bit unbelievable as she told this to Mace. But Mace kept quiet while Symphony was talking, once she was done Mace looked up to Symphony, "Um... S...Symphony I can help you find him... NOT that I want to help you... It is just ... My um... Job as... AS umm... AS Aincrad Police force, YEAH that ... I'm Part of um ... Them" Mace said really sounding a bit Tsun at the moment with her denying to help her for the reason of her heart, While in truth Mace was happy to help those in need but never really showed it and if asked why she would help she would always try to seek a reason why she would help, and one that was not about how she just wanted to help out of the thing from her heart. "If you want ... Of course ... Not that I want to help, just that I care to um... care to do my job," She said again trying to double up her own words

@Symphony

• 2 weeks later...

Symphony listened to what Mace had to say and couldn't help but laugh lightly. "It's okay, hun. I know he's not on this floor right now, and he's most likely at front lines -- which I'm nowhere close to reaching at the moment. However, there could be a way that you could help me..." Symphony thought for a second and then spoke again. "Well, in order to be able to reach the front lines, I do need to level up. Maybe you could go with me to fight some enemies so I could level up and gain strength?" She looked over at the other girl with hope in her eyes. Maybe she could become Symphony's friend and help her out on difficult quests! Though she may be getting ahead of herself too quickly, she was naturally hopeful and tried to see the best outlook of things, hoping for a better future. 

Mace fell quiet as Symphony said she could help her with something else for sure, It was really the first time some asked her for help in a long time and was quite a bit of guard now. It sounded nice to level up for sure, Leveling up meant impressing Hestia quite a bit more with this level and that was someone Mace wanted to try for sure. "Um... Sure I can help there, Just... Just don't get into a fight you cant take. " She said still trying to hold her strong. Opening her menu and going to her friend list she sent Symphony a Friend request. If Symphony looked at Mace her friend list she really could see just two people, one being a frontliner Hestia and the other a player called Dustin. "So just open that and accept it, this does not mean we are friends or anything, Just... Um, companions for a quest and stuff. Just um... If needed send me a message," She said trying to still show a bit off however it was clear this was really new to Mace for sure.

@Symphony

Symphony nodded to Mace's advice. "I'll definitely make sure to pull in my reins and keep from fighting too powerful of an enemy. Sure, I love the hunt, but I've learned when to stop. And the same to you as well, though I have a feeling that I don't have to worry about that." She laughed light heartedly. 

As Mace spoke again, she saw the friend request pop up on her display. "Ah, yes. I see it here." She clicked on the friend request and watched as Mace's icon popped up in her side menu. "Wonderful! It's working perfectly." That made two or three friends that Symphony had now. She was happy that she was making new friends and going on adventures for once. 

"Now, do you care to walk with me outside of the safe zone? I know a few good spots where less powerful herds will show up." She began to walk and motioned for the woman to follow her. 

As a new name pops up in her friend list it seems she is slowly growing it but for sure it was not over yet as the thing would grow more for sure as Mace was leveling up. Listening to Symphony a bit as she explains that she wants to get out of the safe zone, Mace was for sure that nothing on this floor could even hurt her at all. "Um yeah... Sure, Why not. Nothing can harm me much here," Mace said with a bit off confidence as she thinks back to the time she fought the field boss on the third floor. 

following Symphony a bit too where ever she was planning to go Mace got her hand on her Hammer already as she knew a few people around here that where just straight up jerks and asking a girl to travel with them because they wanted a mascot or something like that. Mace has already dealt with people like that and she was not ready to do so again and not with her so-called new companion.  Maybe even if Mace did call her just a companion or travel buddy, Deep inside Mace kind of wanted to be friends.

@Symphony

Symphony smiled and began to whistle a little tune as they walked through town. She waved to the shop keepers and the guards as the left the safe zone. As soon as they were outside of it, she took a deep breath and looked around her, looking for a path only she knew about. "Ah, over here, just follow me. I have secret paths that I take around here just to be alone at times. There are always good herds of boars or small predators in the area that are easy to take out and loot." She walked down a hidden path to their left. It's beginning was covered by thick branches, so it was hard to see that there was even a path there. Symphony held the branches back as she passed so that they would not launch back and hit Mace walking behind her. 

Soon, the two reached a nice clearing of trees. However, it was empty. "Hm, that's strange. Usually there are a group of boars that spawn here." Suddenly, she heard something rustling in the bushes and trees around them. She got out her dagger and prepared herself for an attack. 

following Symphony now as she got out her own shield now that has the design off some wings on them like a Valkyrie. Once outside it was clear Symphony was a bit more keep to do things right away without much side thought. As she mentions that there would be some mods to spawn Mace looked around seeing no Mods at all and looking again and again still seeing nothing but just grass and trees. "Well maybe someone came by, killed them, took the loot, and went on. All we do now is wait for a bit," Mace said emotionless. Starting to think a bit in her head, If the boars on this floor spawn they would not be stronger damage then enchantment on her shield. Plus with the things she put in her hammer, she could stun the monsters if she wanted. Being level 10 would help much as well and Mace was really not worried doing some math inside her head a bit.

@Symphony

A large rat with 4 to 5 inch fangs leaped out of the bushes and made a type of hissing sound. Now, by large, it is meant that the rat was a bit larger than a medium-sized dog, so it was not too big and not much of a threat. "Oh, well that looks pretty much harmless," Symphony said while just looking down at the stupid looking thing. The large rat hissed again and bared its ugly little fangs. "I mean, it doesn't look very dangerous, but maybe it has some loot," she said while bringing out her dagger. "Might as well kill it to get some practice."

She charged her blade for a sword art and dashed quickly around the rat, slashing both of its hind legs and making the thing collapse to the floor. "Huh, it doesn't seem to put up much of a fight. How boring," Symphony said a little sadly. She had hoped the rat had a worse bite than its bark, but it seemed the poor thing was just useless. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 115210

BD: 9 (+1 crit)

MD: 5 (fail)

HP: 60 | EN: 4/6 | DMG 4 | MIT 9 | 9-10 PLYZ

sword art (4 + 1 crit) X 2 = 10

VS.

Large Rat (paralyzed)

20/30 HP | 9 DMG

Rank 1

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.
Edited by Symphony