[PP-F2] The KoC Returns - The Recruits (KoC + Recruits)

(OOC: Lol, Mina struck a nerve!)

Mina let out a whoop as Ryu swiped at her, his fury obvious in his attacks. "Na, Naa... Even if he was a part of the great legend, It doesn't excuse his behavior." Mina called, skewering his shoulder with her rapier. "Now who's getting distracted? Not me, not me, not me~" Mina stiffened a bit when he restated what the player did. He was a good player at one point, probably... but again, it doesn't excuse his behavior. Not one bit."Mou, I thought I already established the fact that I disliked him because he sat there laughing at me while I almost died." Mina called.... before she realized something, and started to chuckle a bit at Ryu. "Mou.. I just realized something, kid." she said teasingly, her chuckles evolving into straight up laughter. "If you lose the duel, you're losing to a level... 14 player? That would be kinda sad, honestly. Especially considering you're supposed to be a front-liner! Get your act together and hit me! Don't let me get you flustered, I want this to be even!" she shifted back a bit, taking up an old stance that she used to in her martial arts classes. 'I wonder if he's just trying to taunt me.'

Spoiler

ID# 114130 results:

Battle: 6 (HIT!)

Craft: 3

Loot: 2

MOB: 8

@RyujinSeaLord: 80/100 (deals 10 damage per hit)

___________VS_______________

Mina: 90/100 (deals 10 damage per hit)

Edited by tricolor_mina

I laughed at her comments realizing this was going to be her tactic. She was trying to get me riled up and angry so that i will lose focus and miss more often than i will his. Not a huge problem because i have a couple of aces up my sleeve.

She struck me again but i realized something. This would be the last time i would let her.

"Ya know something funny. You talk EXACTLY like Zel when he used to duel people. Maybe he saw something in you that made him feel bad for you seeing as you're Just. Like. Him." i said smirking hard and rushing in. 

ID# 114131 BD = 2 Miss again

I swung my sword downward at her and just barely missed her shoulder. Maybe i should start aiming for her actual body. "Losing to you in this duel means nothing. I dare you to try and fight me for real outside of this.you wouldn't last more than a few seconds against me kid. I haven't been a frontliner since floor 10"

I took a defensive stance and prepared for another round with Mina

Ryu 80/100 (deals 10 damage per hit)

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

Mina Immediately dodged to the right, and did a shoulder roll,  a smirk on her face. "Naa, you're still hazed by what I said"She said dryly, glancing at ryu over her shoulder. "I was stating fact rather than fiction. He was sitting there using me for entertainment kiddo, that's nothing to laugh at or pity." Mina shrugged as he simply decided to go for the same tactics as she was. It wasn't going to work in the slightest, not without how used to it she was from other people.. "Mou... the real world is a harsh place, boy." she said, shaking her head. "If anything that means that he's not like me at all, because I've never heard about him killing anyone. I didn't kill anyone here, but I did back home. That makes us even less alike." She slid back into the pose that she had adopted before, and moved faster than most people could track with their eyes, easily skewering his chest. Mina slid underneath his left arm, and ended up behind the veteran player. She still only had the single red mark on her, while he now had three. However... what he had said about her being like Zel struck a nerve within her, though it barely showed aside from her eyes darkening slightly with rage. "And as a side note, at least I can talk crap and make good on it!" she shouted, adopting her stance again.

Spoiler

ID# 114132 results:

Battle: 8

Craft: 5

Loot: 19

MOB: 7

@RyujinSeaLord: 70/100 (deals 10 damage per hit)

Edited by tricolor_mina

I took another hit, what was wrong with me, was i still psyched out? No thats not possible. 

"Believe it or not kid, Zel is a murderer plain and simple. Though in this game you can be forgiven by killing a statue, in the real world theres not such thing as forgiveness" I said to her making sure she understood that insulting a dead man was worse than killing someone.

ID# 114155 8 Hit (finally...lol)

As she struck me and moved around i was able to see her back.

"Dont you know never to give your opponent ANY advantage" i said slicing a hug line straight down her back. "Thats what gets you killed out there is letting your guard down."

"Your words no longer strike me as surprising. But i bet you couldnt back them up in a real duel against me." I said attempting to mock her. I retreated back to fighting stance with my sword. "At least I had friends."

Ryu: 70/100 (deals 10 damage per hit)

Mina: 80/100 (deals 10 damage per hit) (@tricolor_mina)

Mina snorted as he brought up the fact that that Zel was a murderer was unsurprising, she knew that he'd killed at least one person. However, when he mentioned that she was somehow Worse for saying that he deserved what happened to him? That she was worse for insulting a dead man? "...Are you [censored] Serious, kid?" She said quietly, her face losing what emotion it was displaying in a cold, emotionless mask. "Are you just screwing with me? Do you even understand what you just said?" Mina dropped into a crouch, her eyes concealed by a deep shadow that came from her hood. "I couldn't give a rat's arse if he got forgiven by a god-damn statue!" She said, looking up at ryu with an utterly blank expression, her eyes appearing dead and lifeless. The bruise-like scar on the left side of her face seemed to jump out, defined clearly by her now pale skin. She raised her rapier, the blade glowing with a lethal red color, the sign of a critical. "You dont get forgiven for murder, you just exist after, you dont ever FORGET. Almost 7 years have passed since it happened, and I still cant even forgive what I did. Nobody-" Mina stopped mid-sentence as she felt the numbness of a blade striking her back, causing her to stumble a bit. He taunted her a bit about not giving your opponent an advantage and that it would get her killed someday. Perhaps it would, she didnt exactly care to live. When ryu mentioned that she probably couldn't back up her words in an actual duel... she simply laughed. "... heh...  heheh...  even if I cant do anything in a real duel, I know what I'm capable of." Mina stopped dead when he said that at least he had friends. "... My friends happen to be current frontliners, and y'know... I'm getting REAL tired of your bull[Censored], brat" Mina darted forward and skewered Ryu through the chest, and, just as she felt a powerful numbness run through her, the victory sign flashed in front of her face.

Spoiler

ID# 114156 results:

Battle: 10

Craft: 5

Loot: 7

MOB: 8

@RyujinSeaLord: 40/100 (deals 10 damage per hit)

Mina: 80/100 (deals 10 damage per hit) (WINNER)

Edited by tricolor_mina

ID# 114172 BD = 9 (20 damage dealt, not enough to tie)

It was a hard loss but not by much at all. He smirked as he slashed his blade as if to fling blood off of it and then sheathed it properly as taught.

"It was a really great fight Mina, but from now on try not leave yourself open on the sides like that again. As I told you, the one thing that gets player killed in this world is compliance with their numbers. Thats part of why Zelrius ended up dying. He thought he was stronger than someone and they struck him down faster knowing he was weak in the moment. I wasnt there, and i should have been. But no sense in shedding tears for someone i cant bring back." I said looking at her left hip 

"But since you bested me in combat, welcome to the guild. Shark will give you your clothing as well as some quick rules before you leave. Once again, Welcome, but next time....dont get complacent. I wont hold back next time" I said looking over my shoulder as the final results showed up on my screen.

Spoiler

<<LOSER>>

RyujinSeaLord Final Health: 40/100

tricolor_mina Final Health: 60/100

I looked to @Kairi. "Your turn"

Edited by RyujinSeaLord
  • 2 weeks later...

After the conclusion of the first match, Shark walked out to the center of the group. The blue-haired man looked at Mina, “Congrats Mina on being accepted to the guild!” Shark said with a smile on his face while clapping to applaud the well fought battle. Shark looked around for his buddy but could not find him moments after the fight. “Well, because Grand Commander Ryu is no where to be found, @Hikoru will take over the trials.” The blue-haired man said to the group while motioning for Hikoru to take center stage.

Shark walked over to Hik, “Have fun with this.” He said while walking back to his place on the side. Before walking too far, Shark turned around and looked back at the man, “Oh, try to give them a fighting chance.” He said while walking away and chuckling. “Alright, who’s next?” He said as he motioned for the next combatant to step forward.