[F11] Natures Treasure Quest [PP]

I was getting back into the groove of things however I was neglecting one entire thing, my forge. I had opened a shop on the 9th floor a long time ago and realized that i needed more materials in order to forge my own weapons and armors. I noticed that the quest board in the center of town was advertising a specific repeatable quest for material gathering. I sent a message to my good friend Shark telling him to meet me at a nearby cavern on the 11th floor where i will be already looking and to just find me inside. I made my way to the cave and began searching immediately seeing as there were plenty of metal ores lying around. 

ID# 113835 LD = 17 +2 T2 materials

Immediately inside the cave it looked as though the chunks or material were too big for someones back. Welp finders keeper it works for me. I decided to start looking deeper inside the cave until Shark showed up. Im sure the promise of making him new gear will be enough for him to show up and help me.Since the guild will need a black smith i should start working on my level so that i can compete with the other black smiths and make my guild proud. @Shark

Edited by RyujinSeaLord
dice roll

Shark was getting back into his old routine of walking around the available floors in order to increase his presence and get work to get back to where he once was when the guild flourished. While walking around the 11th floor he received a message from his buddy Ryu. The message was telling Shark where to meet him and that they will be looking for some materials. Shark made his way to the mentioned cave and began to look around for the materials needed.

ID# 113836: LD = 12 (+1 T2 Mat)

Shark entered the cave and looked around. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a chunk of material sticking out from the bottom of a rock. “Cool, looks like I won’t show up empty handed”. Shark said to himself as he walked further into the cave that Ryu had already entered. A little further ahead, Shark could hear his buddy and ran to catch up to him. “Hey bud, found a piece of material on my way in. So far so good!” He said as he added the material to his inventory.

@RyujinSeaLord

I looked to the very familiar voice.

"Hey im so glad you could catch up so quickly, i wasnt expecting you for at least another 10 minutes or so." i spoke excitedly and noted the chuck or metal ore in his hand. "Wow you found some already too! Thats great, it seems as this place is super rich in material."

"Is there anything very specific item youre wanting out of this, seeing as the guild master shouldnt be under equipped in comparison to his guild members correct?" I looked at him while asking the question just before looking around for the next loose ores if i could find any.

ID# 113839 LD = 11 (+1 T2 Mat)

"AH HA" i shouted. "Found another one Sharky boy, our equipment will be updated in no time if this rate keeps up. Lets keep looking around!" I was finally getting excited for something so simple as crafting once again. As soon as we finished looking for what was needed i was going to go straight back to the forge and begin working on some new weapons and armor for the guild members whom are behind. @Shark

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

Ryu turned around and noticed Shark had caught up and wasn’t expecting him so soon. “Haha, gotta help a brotha out when I can”. Shark chuckled as his friend began to ask him about equipment requests. “You know, I’m not entirely sure yet. I know I need a new Sword, Shield and Armor but I want to figure out which additions would best work for me in battle”. Shark said as he kept looking for materials.

ID# 113852 LD = 6 (+0 Mats)

Shark checked behind the two of them in case they missed any materials on the way in. “Damn. Looks like we have almost cleared out this area. I don’t see any lingering materials that we overlooked”. Shark said as he made his way next to Ryu. “When was the last time you were in your shop? It might need us to do some maintenance to get back to the glory days”. Shark said to his buddy while looking around for any loose ores.

@RyujinSeaLord

ID# 113853 results LD = 7 (+0 Materials)

I kept looking around the area and was unable to successfully locate any more ores by the entrance which means to me that we've probably cleared the area out already.

"It looks like this area is clear of ores my dear friend, maybe we will have more luck if we move deeper into the mine. i think once we get about 15 or 20 ores a piece i will take them to the shop and start fixing them and making gear out of them." 

I heard Shark mention the old forge and the fact that it might be in disarray. "Yeah i stopped by just before taking this quest up. most of the stuff is dusty but outside of that nothing is in need of desperate repair, except maybe my pride but i have literally no idea how to fix that." I chuckled to myself. "In any case maybe you can stop by with me after this quest and you and I can double check to make sure everything in the shop works and is both clean and works properly" @Shark

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

With the front of the cave being clear of ores, Shark and Ryu moved deeper into the mine. Ryu began talking about the old forge and how he stopped by earlier and that the place needed some work done to it. “It’s ok buddy, I don’t know how to fix your pride either”. Shark said as he started laughing while smiling at his buddy. Ryu then mentioned that they can go back to the shop after the quest to get it back to working order. “Sure, we can do that. Best to make sure the shop works before we start taking order requests from everyone”. Shark said while they kept walking to the next part of the mine.

ID# 113857 LD = 15 (+2 T2 Mats)

A few seconds later, something caught Shark’s eye and he moved to pick the item up. “Oh hey! Found a couple ores! Add 2 more to the ticker bud! We are gonna have enough materials in no time!” The blue-haired man said as he added the ores to his inventory. “I have a good feeling about this part of the mine!” He said as he continued to search for more ores.

ID# 113862 LD = 1

I looked around my area for about thirty collective seconds. 

"I wouldn't be so sure about that one my friend cause i cant seem to find anything interesting over here. Maybe the miners only decided to dig out half of this cave and leave the other side for player to up the mining skill...." I say jokingly thinking if mining is actually a skill. "Anyway maybe if i keep my eyes open something shiny will stick out and ill be able to collect more. I thought i was doing so well. I wonder if its just a stroke of luck ya know?'

"Ya know maybe this wasnt such a bad idea after all, maybe once we set up the guild hall we can just com back up here and gather a crap ton of materials would help us out so much and then i can forge everyone the equipment they need in order to keep us floating properly." I was curious as to what kind of weapons and armor i could create with these new levels of materials the game added. @Shark

Ryu didn’t seem to have much luck as the 2 moved deeper into the cave. Shark continued to search the area for anything they may have missed. He looked around the current area in hopes of finding more ores for the shop.

ID# 113863 LD = 5

Nothing could be found in their current area. “Man, I know what you mean. Seems like someone may have been here just before us. I can’t seem to find any ores right now.” He said as they made their way deeper inside the mine. Shark was disappointed that he hasn’t been much help in collecting the needed materials thus far. “Once we get the shop back up and running, we can start to get some income for the guild. That way we can get the guild hall faster and have a place for all of us to gather instead of the pub. That’s starting to get expensive.” Shark said while a little chuckle came out. “Our possibilities are endless! Let’s keep searching.”

@RyujinSeaLord

ID# 113865  LD = 4 (+0 materials) (3 T2 materials found so far by Ryu)

I continued to look around and I wasn't having any luck in the slightest. Thats when i heard Shark say something about someone coming and clearing out the mine already.

"That could be a very good possibility considering the time it took us to come back and do this quest Im even surprised that we were able to find anything at all. But if we don't find at least 20 of these materials i feel like our time was wasted out here. I feel that if we walk away with less than ten we need to come back here tomorrow and try again. I don't want to start crafting until i have at least enough materials to fail a few time, because you know how hard crafting is." I spoke to him from across the cave. I opened my skill list and noticed my blacksmith level was level 4 almost level 5.

"Let's see I'm level 4 which means i can make the weapons we need at least for a few floors, too bad we cant wield tier 3 weapons or armor until we hit Level 50 so we have some time to used these weapons." I explained to Shark

@Shark

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

Shark kept looking for the needed materials but didn’t see much.  He looked to his buddy who mentioned that Shark may be right in the sense that someone may have just beat them to the mine. At that moment something caught the attention of Shark’s eye. “Oh hey, I think I found one.” He said as he moved to get a closer look at the item.

ID# 113866 LD = 4 (+0 Materials) (3 T2 materials found so far by Shark)

“Nope, never mind. It was just a rock.” Shark said as he became more disappointed in their luck of fining materials for the shop. “Let’s not give up just yet. I have a good feeling about going deeper into the mine.” He said with hope in the event that whoever was ahead of them missed a big chunk of ores. “What’s the first thing you want to try and make when we get enough materials?” Shark asked Ryu as they began to think about what they could do to revamp the old forge.

@RyujinSeaLord

ID# 113897 LD = 4 (+0 Mats found  3T2 mats found total)

I thought i saw an ore vat rich with mineral just ripe for the picking. When I rounded the corner all i was met with was a drained cache and a bunch of empty lies. I was so disappointed but then Shark reminded me that we still have plenty of mine left to uncover and thinking about that it might mean players have yet to explore deeper down if this much material was here at the beginning.

"Why don't we just walk for a decent amount of time into the mine keeping our eyes out in case there are any loose ones on the way." I suggested to Shark as i began to walk deeper into the cave. Once the light became a little more scarce i lit up a torch which illuminated the narrow hallways of the mine. 

"Just don't forget to keep an eye out for monsters as we are no longer in the safe territory we used to be in my friend." i said looking back to Shark.

Ryu mentioned to Shark that they should just move deeper into the mine as the current area looked to be picked clean. The only chance we had on finding more mats was to venture deeper into the mine. Ryu lit a torch as the light started to fade away. Shark grabbed a torch and lit it so he could continue to search for ores while they moved deeper and deeper into the mine. Shark let Ryu get a step ahead as he watched behind them in case mobs spawned or they missed ores on the initial look.

ID# 113974 LD = 9 (+0 Materials 3T2 Mats fond total)

Shark moved back up next to Ryu and kept searching up the area as they continued to walk through the cave. “It’s still looking empty so far. We need to keep looking.” Shark said as he checked their backs to be safe. “I’ll watch our backs if you watch the front. If you see a mob, call it and we can take them out in no time.” The blue-haired man said to his buddy.

@RyujinSeaLord

Almost immediately as he mentioned me watching the front and him watching our backs, low and behold two cave dwelling kobolds came out of a smaller hole in the mine shaft with torches and clubs ready in hand. I squelched the torch i had lit seeing as the kobolds had their own, but mostly because i couldn't fight with one hand. I grabbed the hilt or my katana and whipped it from is sheath admiring its celestial design once more.

"Im sure you remember this old blade my friend" i spoke to Shark addressing the age of my blade. "Don't worry we should be able to replace out weapons soon enough." 

I swung the blade twice as a warm up and then charged at the kobolds before beginning to spin rapidly. My blade began to glow a shining silver color. "Lets go, SHINING SILVER OVER DRIVE! Amatsu no Homura!"

ID #113975 BD = 5 Miss (x1) ID# 113976 BD = 3 Miss (x2)

The first kobold managed to dodge my attack allowing the second one to react faster cause me to miss both of my targets. I stopped spinning on the other side of them, however i was now blocking their retreat towards him. It was up to Shark to make a landing blow. However my boots began to glow which means one of my enchantments was queued up and ready to go. @Shark

Ryu  HP: 680/680 EP: 66/68

Shark HP: 580/580 EP: 58/58

_____________VS____________________

Kobold 1 HP 340/340

Kobold 2 HP 340/340

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

Moments after Shark said he would watch their backs, the torch that Ryu had went out as Shark heard the sound of a sword being taken out of its sheath. He turned around to see 2 kobolds appeared in front of them. Ryu said some words to Shark about the sword, just before launching his attack. “Indeed we will! Let’s wipe these Kobolds and keep moving.” Shark said as he took out the «Sword of the Dragon Emperor» and the «Galactic Defender» that he borrowed from Ryu when they left the Shark’s former 2-year home.

Shark readied his Sword and moved to activate Star Quint Prominence. His sword turned a bright blue as he began to start his attack on the mob.

ID# 114015 BD – 8 = Hit (x5) for 54 DMG +12 DMG for bleed (2 Turns) (-6 EP) MD – 10 = 104 - 56 (mit) DMG Taken 48
ID# 114016 MD – 8 = 46 | Total DMG Taken = 94

Shark took aim at the 1st Kobold and launched his attack. Shark made contact with the Kobold’s chest. He continued the sword art with a second strike, then followed by 3 more quick strikes. There was a blue glowing star in the middle of the Kobold. Shark readjusted and moved in to make the final strike. The strong upwards motion felt a bit heavier as he struck straight up the chest of the Kobold and knocked it back a few feet.

The kobold got back on its feet and launched a counter attack. The kobold stuck Shark’s shield and knocked him back a couple feet, about a couple feet before Ryu. The 2nd Kobold moved swiftly right after the 1st Kobold’s attack. This one struck Shark’s shield hard and knocked him to the ground, right next to Ryu. Shark let out a sigh of pain, more because of the reaction of being hit. Shark got back on his feet and prepared for the next round, “Alright buddy, let’s give them hell!” The blue-haired man said as he stared down the Kobolds.

@RyujinSeaLord

Kobold 1 (-9 DMG from Thorns) | Kobold 2 (-9 DMG from Thorns)

Ryu HP: 680/680 EP: 66/68

Shark HP: 486/580 EP: 52/58

Kobold 1 HP 265/340 (2 Turns Bleed)

Kobold 2 HP 331/340

"Good show my boy, seeing as i cant hit a darn thing." I yelled as he nailed the first target pretty hard. I could not help but laugh when Shark got knocked onto his butt. "Okay maybe you should be a bit more graceful. I know you are rusty but come one."

Thats when Shark told me to give them hell. I smirked.

I grabbed my blade once more. I sheathed the blade, which would look weird to anyone else but to a master of the katana this was a perfectly normal technique. 

"Iai Slash!" I shouted 

ID# 114030 BD = 4 + 1(LM) = 5 Miss.....again

I whiffed right by the kobold again. This is not my lucky day. 

"Take your time and concentrate, its really hard to see in this cave Shark" I said to him noticing my boot glowing once again.

"If we take our time and focus on AoE moves we might make this fight a lot easier on our bodies." I said knowing i was the one really wearing myself out here.

Ryu HP: 680/680 EP: 64/68

Shark HP: 486/580 EP: 52/58

Kobold 1 HP 250/340 (1 Turns Bleed) ( @Shark ill mark when bleed happens as i am the "end of the round")

Kobold 2 HP 331/340

The Kobolds were starting to lose the power they started with. With Shark landing his last, and first, attack, it left him feeling really good getting back into the swing of things. He noticed that Ryu had missed both attacks he tried to make, “Don’t worry bud. I’ve been there. You’ll be alright.” The blue-haired man said as he readied his sword and shield for the next attack. A serious look came across Shark’s face, “Now… Let’s kick some Kobold a$$!” Shark said while he charged his sword a deep red color.

ID# 114075 BD = 2 [+2 for Gauntlets] BD = 4 (MISS) MD 6 = 104 – 56 (Mit) = 48 DMG taken
ID# 114076 MD = 4 (MISS)

Shark felt more comfortable for this attack and moved to start the motion. Shark launched towards the Kobold, but the monster managed to dodge the attack. Right after the Kobold evaded the attack, it took a swing at the swordsman and launched him back to where he started. Shark managed to land on his feet this time around but could still feel the counter attack by the Kobold. The other Kobold moved to attack but stepped on its own foot and fell flat on its face. “Heh, see buddy, even they can fail at this. Relax and bounce back! Let’s get ‘em!” Shark said as he moved up next to his friend and prepared for what was to come.

@RyujinSeaLord

Ryu HP: 680/680 EP: 64/68

Shark HP: 438/580 EP: 52/58

Kobold 1 HP 250/340 (1 Turns Bleed)

Kobold 2 HP 331/340

I smirked as Shark was actually being encouraging at this point. Imagine the things he would have said had i been there for him in the 11th floor boss fight. Maybe he wouldn't have bene in hiding for such a long time. 

"My, my Shark, see what happens when your best friend kicks your sorry butt back into high gear, YOU start becoming the one trying to tell people it happens. Just remember that next time you go up against a floor boss and cant hit them" I said chuckling at myself. I took two more practice slashes and my sword began to glow silver once again. 

ID# 114090 BD = 8 Hit (11 base damage * 8 Sword Art = 88 damage) vs Kobold 1

ID# 114091 BD = 10 CRIT ( (11 base damage + 2 Crit) * 8 Sword Art =  104 damage) vs Kobold 2

" Amatsu no Homura!" I shouted as i spun around a total of three complete spins slicing into the creatures bodies dealing a massive amount of damage. As i finished the third spin i ended up next to Shark and readied my weapon for them to start attacking. 

"I go them this time my friend. We need to hurry this along, let me take some damage and try out your higher level sword skills and we can split the reward hows that?" I spoke to @Shark smiling and having the time of my life again.

Ryu HP: 680/680 EP: 52/68 (2 hate <--- Enemy focus)

Shark HP: 438/580 EP: 52/58 (1 Hate)

Kobold 1 HP 150/340 (No Longer bleeding)

Kobold 2 HP 227/340 

Amidst the battle with the kobolds, Ryu made a joke at how Shark is the one being encouraging despite the floor 11 fiasco that cause him to go into hiding for 2 years. The blue-haired man couldn’t help but laugh at what his buddy said about that raid.  “Yea, yea, yeah.” He said, followed by a soft chuckle while a smile came across his face. His friend was right. Shark began to think about the alternative to the raid had he not vanished to hiding right after the raid. At that moment, Shark realized that the current threat was the monsters in front of him. Ryu edged Shark on a bit with telling him they would split the reward if Shark tries out some higher-level sword skills. “As you wish!” Shark said as his blade turned a dark red.

ID# 114387 BD: 4 + 2 (ACC) = 6 HIT 7 DMG Base (x9) = 63 DMG Dealt |
MD: 8 – 1 EVA = 7 (Hit) = 104 – 18 (Mit) – 18 (Mit) – 12 (Mit HA) – 8 Mit (Block) = 48 DMG Taken (+9 Thorn DMG to Kobold 1)
ID# 114388 BD 8 HIT (x9) = 63 DMG Dealt (+1 Bleed) MD = 6 -1 (EVA) = MISS

Shark’s sword began to activate the AoE attack Shadow Explosion as the swordsman swung his blade around his body, making a ring of energy. “You’re mine!” Shark yelled as he finished up preparing the attack. The energy built up and exploded away from shark and towards the Kobolds. The attack struck each monster and forced the first Kobold off its feet but the second one remained standing.

Moments after the first kobold returned to its feet, it launched an attack at the blue-haired swordsman. Shark moved his shield to block the attack and was able to remain standing but found himself next to Ryu. Shark turned and looked to his friend, “Hey bud. Come here often?” He said with a chuckle as the second kobold moved to attack but tripped over its own feet. “Haha! Looks like that one had too much to drink… an Energy drink that is.” Shark said to his best friend while pointing at his sword. “Get it?” He laughed as he prepared for the next attack. “You can finish the first one off with the next attack!” Shark encouraged his buddy.

@RyujinSeaLord

Ryu HP: 680/680 EP: 52/68 (2 hate)

Shark HP: 438/580 EP: 42/58 (2/1 hate)

Kobold 1 HP 78/340

Kobold 2 HP 164/340 (Bleed – Did not yet add)

My best friend was a complete dork, but he was my dork or a friend and i wouldn't want to hang out with anyone else. I watch Shark whip out an amazing AoE skill. I didnt know the name of it because I barely remember mine. I readied my blade and swung it twice with another attempt to use the skill. 

"Frankly Shark, I do not come here as often as you think. This is maybe the second time and this is a totally different mine than the one i went to last time." I spoke to him waiting for the attack to charge. 

I snickered at his Energy Drink joke. "Shark, you are a complete disaster, who let you tell jokes? Did Zel teach you that one?" I jokingly asked him

"Thanks, ill do what i can" I said as the skill finished charging as i ran in. "Amatsu no Homura!"

I spun around several times, the first one dodged me but that didn't much matter because i landed three strikes on the second one. I spun around into a fighting stance once more. 

"Hey hows the weather over there, because i think its about to start raining bodies over here" i shouted to Shark trying to make a better joke this time.

Spoiler

ID# 114394 BD = 4 Miss

ID# 114395 BD = 6 Hit (11 Base * 8 SA = 88 dmg)

Ryu HP: 680/680 EP: 42/68 (1/3 hate) (OOC: to make sense of it Shark the first one will attack you and the second one will attack me, ask my about stats)

Shark HP: 438/580 EP: 42/58 (2/1 hate)

Kobold 1 HP 78/340

Kobold 2 HP 56/340 (Bleed – 1 turns bleed)

Edited by RyujinSeaLord