[PP|F1] Man’s best friend... <<Feeding your enemy>>

So Arthur, I reckon today should be a relaxing day. Take a load off and sit in a tavern. He watched as the trees danced in the wind, his pancho following suit and revealing his plaid dress shirt underneath it. His had would normally have shifted or even blown off, but this game didn’t allow stuff like that to happen. One hand on his belt buckle the other holding a cigar in his mouth as he smiles. It’s a damned fine day if I do say so myself. His inner thoughts interrupted by an old woman, looks to be a gypsy. “You know, you don’t have to stand here alone.” She starts her conversation so politely. “I know, but some people just get on my nerves. Makes me wish this place was more like back home.” He chuckles, so does she. “I feel the same way, but I’m not recommending you stand with people.” The cowboy removes his cigar and looks at her with the side eye of death, “So you’re the one who activated that quest?” He nods. “I’ll take it. No point in rotting away in a death game without anyone at your side.” His spurs click as he walks away from the lady with a finger gun out to the side and a wink. “Much obliged.” He flicks his cigar out to the side and walks, eating a piece of garlic bread and moving towards the woods. He spins a pouch around and eventually attaches it to his belt, like a gold pouch in the old movies about knights.

-golden garlic bread consumed (+3 LD)

@Kirbs

Kirbs repeatedly banged her forehead against the trunk of a tree. This. Frekin’. Sucks! She groaned impatiently as she tapped her heel against the solid ground. “I mean, I’ve been looking all day! This is bloody stupid. Stupid!” She muttered to herself, rubbing her eyes with her thumb and index finger. “What can a girl get for some bloody materials on this floor?” She mumbled to herself harshly, pushing herself away from the tree. 

She stole a quick glance at her amused familiar before pouting. “This is the most unhealthiest relationship I have ever had in my whole God damn life,” she sighed to herself, “and why did I pick such a loathsome Familiar?” She asked herself under her breath, earning a glare from the Nguruvilu. “Oh, hush. You’re the one causing problems here!” She snapped, glaring right back at Scarfy. She stuck her tongue out at him— which was very mature, by the way— and sighed. 

@Clyde

Spoiler

ID: 114014

LD: 3, Fail

Edited by Kirbs

The man had been walking through the woods, now that the gypsy lady was gone, he was gonna find him a good dog, one that would help him fight. As he walked he heard a thud followed by a shouting girl out about 30 feet. Not too far to hear my spurs. Surprised she don’t know I’m here. He turns and the light clink of the small wheels on his feet ring as he makes his way to see a girl with another monstrosity on her shoulder. Why do all the girls have the weirdest animals? He walks up to her, takes off his hat and holds out his hand. “The name’s Clyde, and who might you be?” His southern charm still there without him even trying. He then puts his hat into his inventory, because it’s rude to speak to a lady with a hat on, and pulls out his knife. “Y’ain’t gonna get too far with just your head.” He spins quickly holdin his knife with an ice pick grip and slams it into the tree. An immortal object window pops up. “Damn, this game knows how to ruin all the fun stuff.” A chuckle flows out, well, as much as a chuckle can flow. “What’re ya out here for ma’am?” A tilt of the head keeps this question from being too polite.

@Kirbs

Kirbs yelped as she heard a voice. Spinning around, she blinked before eyeing him warily. "Kirbs," she said, raising an eyebrow at his very stereotypical accent. He sounds like a classic cowboy from the screen or something, she thought to herself, rolling her eyes. Or he could just be one of those people who take roleplaying in SAO way too seriously. She stifled a giggle at the thought. She straightened up as he pulled out his knife. Okay, he doesn't look too high levelled, I can probably kill him in a few shots if I can evade all of his attacks... she went into full in analyzing mode as she placed her hand on her sheath. She was just about to pull out her dagger before her eyebrows shot up, watching him slam it into the tree. Breathing a sigh of relief, she relaxed a little bit, though her hand was still firmly placed on her dagger handle. Throughout the whole ordeal, Scarfy was firmly wrapped around her shoulders, blinking dangerously at the stranger. Awww, he does care, she mentally cooed. Looking up at Clyde, she raised a brow and shrugged slightly. "Not much... just gathering."

@Clyde

A Brit? Oh boy, this ain’t go’n go too smoothly now will it? His hand flips the dagger and sheathes it in an instant. “Ah, good ol’ fashioned farming? Well I know a thing or two about that.” He drops down, pointing at a plant and taking note of its size and shape. “This one here is sage, but it ain’t ready yet. Y’ain’t go’n have too much luck pickin’ that.” His knife drops down and breaks the stem in a masterful technique. “Smells like sage too, damn Kayaba, you had way too much time on your hands.” The object begins to decay before the two. “When it ain’t ready, that’s what happens. In real life you just can’t use it.” His legs straighten as he stands up tall once again, lumbering over to lean against a tree. “Once you learn your plants well enough, you can gather like a pro. But don’t forget to replant, cause here’s a tip... nothing grows when the seed ain’t planted.” A smirk crosses his face. This was the same talk he had given one of his brothers when hunting. The talk was a modified version of course, because they were in a game where anything you can’t use disappears, but it was the same baseline. “This one time, my dad got lost while taking us boys huntin’ and we had to survive on our own for a bit. That’s when he taught us how to identify, assess and prepare food in the wild.” A weak chuckle places itself in the middle of his sentence. “That’s when I realized my dad was a real cowboy.” He looks at the ground, his smile gone as he fiddles with his knife.

@Kirbs

She looked down at him as she watched him talk about sageI mean, it's just sage. She drew a sharp breath as she was about to tell him that you couldn't really, like, plant much in this game. What is this, Farmville? She blinked as he smirked. "Sounds very... exciting," she mumbled, looking in a different direction. She stared the unmoving forest for a few seconds before turning back to him. "So your father was a man who rode horses and herded cattle from state to state?" She mused, forming a smirk herself. "Interesting." She watched him fiddle his knife before dragging her eyes back up to meet him in the eyes. "So, what are you doing here, cowboy?" She raised a questioning eyebrow at him and gave him an unamused expression. "You don't seem like the type to just wander around the forest looking for... sage," she commented.

@Clyde

Arthur’s left eyebrow raised itself. She has no idea how much hard work goes into real farming. Of course I added in a real touch to the in game gathering system, so she probably thinks I’m stupid. He looks at her after her sarcastic question. “Yes. ‘Til he was 20 he went town to town bein’ a farmhand until he reached my hometown. Reality can be more surreal than you think, redcoat.” He puffs on his cigar, putting it out and tossing it away. “I’m lookin’ for a cattle dog.” He frowns at the next comment and looks at her. “So I said somethin’ stupid. Ain’t nothin’ wrong with a little stupid.” He nods toward her with a smile on his face. “But you ever go and get yerself lost in them woods in the real world, ya go’n need that knowledge to make it back home. Can’t ask your queen for with no cell service, can ya?” He chuckles a little. “I’m just playin’, just stay safe ya know?” He leans forwards and walks to where the sage was. “That’s not the only plant in the world.” His spurs sing as he walks deeper into the woods and comes across a path, the path he was on before.

@Kirbs

Edited by Clyde
  • 2 weeks later...

She rolls her eyes and sighs. "Whatever you say, Yankee," she fires back, her temper clearly running out with this man. She crossed her arms and looked at him expectantly. "To be honest with you, I don't think you'd find a lot of dogs on the beginning floor. Wolves, maybe, but a dog?" Her shoulders heave as she sighs. She scoffed and ignored his remark, wanting to slap the damned smile off of his face. She usually had some sort of patience but this player made her feel like a ticking time bomb that was just ready to explode any second.

But alas, the world can't be as perfect as she wants it to be.

"Then I won't get lost," she put simply, "and there aren't many forests in London anyway," she finished, casting his remark about the queen aside with a scowl. It's one thing to insult her but to Queen Elizabeth II? The bloody nerve of this man! She looked down at the sage and shrugged. "I don't care for plants."

@Clyde