[F1-PP] A Welcome Surprise

Symphony laughed as Ryu punched the pig straight in the face. "Show off!" Now it was her turn to try and show off again. 

She braced herself to charge again with another sword art. However, this time she missed by a long shot and didn't even manage to graze the pig. "Stupid luck..." she muttered under her breath. Showing off was not her type of thing it seemed. 

The boar then ran after Ryu again, this time ramming him in the side. It seemed the attack only did a little damage as the boar bounced off of Ryu's armor and onto the dirt. The beast shook its head after the hit and stomped its hooves, weaker now but still angry as ever. 

"Hey, can you do that punching thing again so that I have a chance with this one?" Symphony asked Ryu as she prepared her blade and stance again. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114258

BD: 1 (fail)

MD: 9 (+1 crit)

Symphony

80/80 HP | 1/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ (+2 hate)

Ryu: HP: 678/680    EP: 67/68 (<-- Enemy focus +3 Hate)

Boar

6/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by Symphony

I prepared myself for the boars attack but this time he basically bounced off my body. It stared at me and i stared at it. 

"Don't look at me like that Bacon Bits, you brought this upon yourself when you refused to die that last few attacks." i spoke to the pig. 

ID# 114259 BD = 6 Hit 1 damage

I braced my self and charged at the piggy and stopped just short of its face. I planted my left foot sideways and spun my right leg around and drove my shin into the rib cage of the boar sending it rolling across the plains and near the tree it slammed into earlier. I planted my right foot down after a complete 360˚ spin and i took up another fighting stance bouncing back and forth like some character out of a fighting game.

"Come on Symph theres no way you cant kill this thing now, but after this we should take a break to recharge our energy" i spoke to her before focusing once again.

Symphony

80/80 HP | 1/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ (+2 hate)

Boar

5/50 HP | 15 DMG

Symphony watched, impressed. "Way to go!" she cheered again. "And yeah, let's take a break after this. Though don't overestimate my luck! I might miss again," she teased while sticking her tongue out playfully.

Focusing herself again, she gave this final attack her all. Her blade flashed as she used her sword art to fly around the enemy, slicing into its sides and cutting it into little tiny piggy bits. "Ha! All done!" she cheered as she jumped up and down with excitement. 

Symphony checked for loot and got even more excited. "Hey, Ryu, come look at what else it dropped!" The boar had dropped a bunch of col, materials, and a perfect weapon. She took note to bring the weapon to a merchant later to identify it. 

"Hm, now that I have gotten some items, why don't we head up to another floor so you can actually earn loot for something?" she suggested. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114266

BD: 10 (+2 crit)

MD: 2 (fail)

For Looting:

Roll ID#: 114267

LD: 19

CD: 11

Loot earned

350 col 

1 Perfect Weapon

4 T1 materials

Symphony

80/80 HP | 0/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ (+3 hate)

Boar

0/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by Symphony

The boar exploded into a million tiny little shards. I was relieved that we were able to kill such a gruesome creature with such difficulty. I sighed in relief and looked to the lake nearby and figured since Im out here I should also probably try and grab some material for my shop. I opened up my inventory and pulled out my fishing rod and i took a seat on the rocks nearby to take a break. I tossed the line into the water and hoped for a bite.

ID# 114269 CD = 2 MONSTER SPAWN!!

Something bit my line and i reeled it to the surface. What popped out of the water was a six foot tall Water Dragon. This was not the kind of issue i was looking for today. I drew my katana and prepared for combat. 

"Symph, we might have a problem, you might want to run and hide or at least stay out of this one" I shouted to her. The dragon roared at me and I was taken aback for a moment. This was not good

ID# 114270 MD = 7 hit Target Ryu 102 - 18 = 84 damage dealt

The monster roared a mighty roar and used one of its front claws to strike me across my chest sending me flying into the field behind me.

Ryu   HP: 594/680     EP: 68/68  (<-- Target)

Symph   HP: 80/80   EP: 0/8 

________________VS________________

Water Dragon  HP: 340/340     102 DMG

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

Symphony's eyes widened and she looked at the beast rise out of the water. "What the heck did you do, Ryu?!?!" she yelled with fear and amazement. Ducking behind a tree, she watched with fear as the thing got out of the water. "Oh you better be able to handle this one!" She was going to have to sit this turn out just so that he could gather some hate. If she even took one hit from that monster, she would be dead. How the heck... with all the odds, he managed to get a gosh darn sea beast, she thought to herself in awe and confusion. 

Looking around for anything to protect herself, she saw a log that offered some perfect protection to hide behind until Ryu attacked first. Leaping behind the safer log, she yelled to Ryu. "You got this buddy! I believe in you! Please don't die or I'm hecked too."

Symphony

80/80 HP | 1/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ

Ryu   HP: 594/680     EP: 68/68

VS.

Water Dragon  HP: 340/340     102 DMG

Edited by Symphony

I slowly returned to my feet hoping that this was not the day i was about to die. I shook my head and stared down the beast. It and i were basically seeing eye to eye. It roared at me once again and i raised my katana. This was about to be a fight for my life. Why did i not bother to bring any form of armor. This was something i should have thought about it. 

ID# 114271 BD = 10 Crit (14 +2 = 16 * 15 = 240 damage)   MD = 9 103 - 18 = 85 damage damage to Ryu

"This is for my friends back home!" i shouted running towards the monster as my blade started to glow a vibrant blue color. "SAN GE!" i shouted. "ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA" came next as i repeatedly hacked and slashed the monster dealing a massive amount of damage. After i brought down the final strike of the combo i must have let my guard down because suddenly i was back handed into a tree nearby. I hit hard taking a massive amount of damage. I was slow to get up but it wasnt deadly at least.

Symphony

80/80 HP | 1/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ

Ryu   HP: 509/680     EP: 53/68 (<-- Enemy Focus +2 Hate)

VS.

Water Dragon  HP: 100/340     102 DMG

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

"Ryu!" Symphony shouted with concern as she saw him hit the tree. Oh no, I have to try and at least help, she thought to herself. Sure, she could only do tiny amounts of damage, but anything helped at this point. 

Gathering up her strength, she leaped out from behind the log and yelled at the beast. "Hey, over here you over-sized sea horse!" As it looked towards her, she charged up her blade using the last of her extra energy and dashed around it, barely penetrating its hide in a few places. Though she didn't do a lot of damage, at least it helped. Luckily she hadn't missed this time as well. 

"Ryu, are you okay?" she called over to him. It seems he had taken a bit of damage, more than she had expected. She noticed how slowly he got up, but at least he did get up. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114272

BD: 6

Symphony

80/80 HP | 0/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ (1 hate)

Ryu   HP: 509/680     EP: 53/68 (2 Hate)

VS.

Water Dragon  HP: 92/340     102 DMG

Edited by Symphony

It was very hard for me to stand after that doozy of a smack down but i did catch Symphony trying her hardest to be brave and slashing the beast. It seemed to ignore her after taking minute damage and it seemed to be walking close and closer to me. I stood up and readied my sword for combat. 

ID# 114273 BD = 4 MISS (LM activates next turn) MD = 6 hit 102 - 18 = 84 dmg

I attempted to use yet another sword art again this powerful opponent but just before i was able to active my abilities I looked up to see the talons of the dragon come down and slice me across the chest once again. It only knocked me backwards but this was becoming a very dangerous battle very quickly and i knew i shouldn't have abandoned the armor I once used for a new set of skills. 

"Symph....if this is the end of the line...just know i tried my hardest and i never wanted it to come to this" I shouted to her. The dragon roared in my face and prepared to attack again. Certain doom was on the horizon and i was not prepared for it anymore. 

Symphony

Ryu   HP: 425/680     EP: 52/68 (2 Hate)

VS.

Symphony watched as the dragon hit him again. Then she heard what Ryu said to her. She responded with, "Oh, shut up. You're way stronger than me, and you know if you die, then I die, too. You better not then or my blood will be on your hands." She tried to joke, but she also knew he was hurt. About two more good attacks and he could die. "Hey, if it comes down to it, run. I'll follow behind you." 

She stepped in front of Ryu and charged at the beast. But her attacks did nothing. Her blade slipped off of its scales uselessly and she ran for cover again as it let it out a large screech. "Ryu, please don't die. I mean we just met each other for the first time in 2 years, and I've heard that dying sucks. So, if you could not, that would be wonderful."

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114274

BD: 2

Symphony

Ryu   HP: 425/680     EP: 52/68 (2 Hate)

VS.

Edited by Symphony

I gathered my strength and prepared myself once again. I was really getting tired of getting smacked around here.

"Listen, Im not worth following to the grave, if i were to die here, you need to keep on living so you can tell my parents how it happened. My parents deserve to know how their only son came to meet an untimely demise. They deserve something instead of "his brain got fried but the Nerve Gear" do you understand me?" i spoke to her tears beginning to form. 

I shook my head in anger "But i refuse to die like this, not until we get closer to the top and we arent even half way there yet, so here goes nothing!" 

ID# 114275 BD = 2 +2(LM) = 4 Miss (LM activates again)  MD = 8 Hit 102 -18 = 84 dmg

Once again i got smacked back down into the dirt. Why was this happening to me. What was it all for. When will it end......is this truly the end of Ryu and his legacy? No it...it cant be. It just cant be

Symphony

Ryu   HP: 341/680     EP: 51/68 (2 Hate)

VS.

Symphony watched as Ryu took even more damage. She had no words to answer to what Ryu had said. She frowned and turned to face the enemy. Frustrated that she couldn't do much to help she looked up at the water dragon. Though she couldn't do much damage, her weapon did have the power to paralyze. Ryu could now take two full hits at best, so she closed her eyes and wished that these next hits she could at least use to stop the beast for a little while. 

With a yell of anger, she charged and leaped onto the dragon's back, hitting a weak point in between the scales on its neck. "Take this, you slimy bully!" she said as she twisted the blade. She jumped back to a safe distance and watched as the beast was paralyzed for a few seconds. Thank goodness her blade's effect had taken hold with that deep cut. 

She turned to Ryu and helped him up. "Listen love, if we get out of this, you're gonna bloody marry me because I have searched too long to have you disappear from me again." 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114276

BD: 9 (+1 crit)

Symphony

80/80 HP | 0/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ (3 hate)

Ryu   HP: 341/680     EP: 51/68 (2 Hate)

VS.

Water Dragon  HP: 87/340     102 DMG (enemy is paralyzed)

Edited by Symphony

The beast had stopped moving. It was a miracle from beyond the game. I staggered to my feet barely able to hold my weapons but knowing that it was the only thing between me and death. If i didn't take the time to finish the enemy off here then i was going to die. 

"Symph you are a life saver and I own you dinner after all this, but right now let focus on this small task and we can finish this." I spoke to her thinking that this was about to be the end of us together. 

ID# 114277 BD = 1 FAIL MD = 6 -Paralyzed- cannot attack

I missed an attack at the most important part of our story line. The surprise on my face had now turned to fear. The monster was about to become mobile again. It turned and reared its head towards that of Symphony. This was about to be the worst day of our lives and we knew it from this moment.

Symphony

80/80 HP | 0/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ (3 hate)

Ryu   HP: 341/680     EP: 50/68 (2 Hate)

VS.

Water Dragon  HP: 87/340     102 DMG (no longer paralyzed)

Walking around on floor one for a bit roaming around the wilderness a bit Haz seems to just aimlessly walk around going nothing, He did this a lot and with his armor clanking a lot. It almost looked like Haz was some sort of Mod with his green big armor. With no weapon on his hand at the moment wondering around for a bit. After a moment he starts to hear combat in the distance and something is fighting, walking up to the sounds of combat slowly he looks at two people are fighting what looks to be a monster. But on second look it seems that this mod was not just a mod it was a boss monster, one for sure to be a trouble for players with his low of a floor.  Darn it, really, He thought getting out a spear with a fast reaction and running up to the monster.

As he runs up to the people fighting there he slides in front of the players standing between the players and the boss monster, before letting out a strong shout making the dragon look at Haz for sure as it seems to get out of its paralyze. "Get behind me you two," He said fast making sure the beast was focused on Haz at this time as His spear started to glow a bit getting the attention of the dragon for sure.

Action: Focus Howl On Water Dragon +4 Hate +1 Taunt = 5 Hate

Symphony 80/80 HP | 0/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ (3 hate)
Ryu             HP: 341/680     EP: 50/68 (2 Hate)
Hazado     HP: 760/760 | EN: 70/76 | MIT: 107 | DMG: 1 | Taunt 1 (Hate 5)

VS.

Symphony was scared for her life since she knew she had the most hate and was about to be one-shotted. But then she saw a player dressed in green jump in out of no where who gathered the monster's attention. She raced behind him quickly as he called for. "Thank you!" she yelled to him. 

She checked his HP and saw that he had ample enough to finish off the beast. Checking to see that Ryu was alright as well, she noticed that he had only half health. Boy, have we gotten ourselves into a whole new predicament, she thought to herself. One more turn and I would have been fish food. She grimaced at the thought and braced herself yet again for the beast. This turn, she would not attack, but instead gathered up more energy so that she could use a sword art with her dagger the next time around. 

Symphony 80/80 HP | 0/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ (3 hate)
Ryu             HP: 341/680     EP: 50/68 (2 Hate)
Hazado     HP: 760/760 | EN: 70/76 | MIT: 107 | DMG: 1 | Taunt 1 (Hate 5)

VS.

IWe were getting our butts handed to us on a silver platter. That was until another player showed up and used on of his fancy skills to draw the attention of the big bad dragon in front of us. He told us to get behind him and Symph quickly bounded at the opportunity. I was not so lucky to be able to do that. I had a duty to uphold and i wasnt about to let this mean dragon take advantage of us any longer as long as i can lad this blow we are in the clear, but theres nothing in this world that would have saved me had Symph lost her life. I would have to thank this Tank like player later but now, its time for action.

ID# 114278 BD = 6 (+2) = 8 Hit 14 * 7 = 98 damage   MD = 3 Miss

"ZEKKAI" I shouted as i brought the blade straight across the body of the distracted dragon causing it to explode into a million little shards and sending me a loot screen.

Spoiler

ID#114279 1020 Col + 680 + 680 = 2380 Col + 1 <<Unidentified Uncommon Consumable>>

I sighed watching all of this happen made me extremely depressed and unwilling to say or do anything. I sheathed my sword and collapsed to my knee in the grass just staring at how close i had come to death. I wonder what it would feel like to die. It would only have to happen once but i could do it. I just stared at the pond walking over to it and sitting on the rocks pulling my knees up to my chest feeling guilty that all these bad things keep happening around me.

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

Looking at the moment now it seems that only a fact of white knighting came in here as the other player seems to have killed the monster, even looking at it now one of them seemed to be a much higher level than the other. Haz looks a bit disappointed to the Player in white and blue probably some guild armor. Taking off his helmet revealing his brown messy hair and with yellow eyes. Now standing right up about 6 feet high in the air showing how big he really looked when in his armor being full heavy armor with green and gold. "You know you could have got her killed," Haz says a bit emotionless to the male player as He places his spear back into his inventory and looks over to the female player, "Are you both alright" He said inspecting the HP bars from both before looking at the other player as his HP looked to be halved, "At least you two are saver now ... But its best to always look out for each other no matter what," He says to the female player. He pauses and looks where the monster was killed then back to the two players, "Name is Hazado, Or Haz for sort, Frontline Tank in training and one of the leaders of the Garnet Rangers Guild." Saying this he takes a small bow at it to be just a bit friendlier as with his armor he looked quite a bit intimidating for some players.

His armor

Spoiler

9180-1707267984.jpg

Symphony nodded to the advice that Hazado had to offer. "You're right. We should have taken better care of each other. Though I believe we've both learned a bit from this experience." She looked back over at Ryu. They'd have much to talk about later. She looked back at Haz and perked up. "Oh, right! My name is Symphony, and my half dead companion over here is Ryu," she said while motioning over to where Ryu was. 

She took notice of how low Ryu's health bar was as well. We'd better head back into town after this, she thought to herself. 

"And a frontline, huh? Maybe one day I'll get to wear you are!" She laughed, jokingly. "Though, again, I thank you for saving us. Without that we'd both surely have died here." If only that stupid monster hadn't aggroed on her... Well, even if she had the chance to run, she wouldn't have. She could never leave Ryu behind like that. 

I watched my health bar start to replenish itself slowly listening to them converse in the back ground. Hearing someone tell me that i could have gotten her killed only reminded me of what i already knew. Then he mentioned that he was one of the front liners. He was probably some one i had embarrassed myself in front of at the meeting early this week. Well thats not surprising. I wasn't about to talk to either of them, there was only one thing on my mind and that i almost got two people killed today and that was enough to put me out of the game again. I picked up a small rock and skipped it across the lake ignoring the rest of the conversation they were having only thinking to myself about how stupid i was, how stupid this game was, how stupid RNG was. I almost wish that monster had killed me so i don't have to face the guilt of two people. So much was on my mind now

"Am i strong enough for this game?" I thought to myself "Am i ready to face the facts that I'm not front line material anymore?" "Am i so desperate for death that i would risk the life of someone else?" Questions just kept popping up and I had no answers for them. Maybe it was time to face the facts. 

(ID# 114307 For Treasure chest. LD = 12 nothing found)

Looking over to The female as she introduced herself as well as her companion who seemed to drift off a bit. walking over to the guy who Symphony called Ryu placing his hand on the shoulder of Ryu, "See here mate, You killed it, Even If I did not show up it still would have been you going the saving, Only thing I did was, moving into the frame to be your shield. You both are safe and both of you are better off now for sure, Look on the better side you got yourself some items." Hazado says with a smile as he eyes sparkle with optimism. It was clear someone was mostly looking at the bright side of things, "Tho if you want to hear my advice, better to go back now, and rest. I'm willing to escort you out of the wilderness and make sure nothing attacks you." He said with quite a bit of confidence in his voice before turning to Symphony.

"You better watch him, If you are good friends, Keep your friends close if you don't want to be left behind in some dark ally because you are not useful at all," He says almost sounding like he has experience with being left behind, as he went into quite a bit of detail as well. "And yes and no Symphony, I'm not fully a frontliner at all, just someone they have their eyes on as a tank, I'm learning to use my new armor and weapons better and right now I'm just waiting for the frontliners to be done with their things before I get into anything with them," He said addressing both of the players.

Symphony nodded to what Hazardo was saying. It was true. Keeping one's friends close was a good idea if one wanted protection. However, she only had one or two very close friends in this world, so that was quite an easy thing to do. 

The group made their way back to the town where everyone eventually rested. Symphony lay awake that night, thinking about how close to death she had been today. It had been interesting . . . she never wanted to go through such a thing again, but it was something she felt she had to go through at some point. It also finally brought the fear of death back to her. She hadn't felt such a thing in a long while due to her careful living style in the previous two years. Sighing and getting ready for bed, Symphony wrote about her day and what she learned in her personal journal. One day she would organize the thing into a guide and lesson holder for new players, but for now it acted as a diary and notebook. 

Group earnings:

+2 SP to EVERYONE

RyujinSeaLord earned: ID#114279 1020 Col + 680 + 680 = 2380 Col + 1 <<Unidentified Uncommon Consumable>>