Returning to the 11th floor for more material gathering for my forge was probably the best and only idea i could come up with. Luckily this quest was repeatable and i was able to invest a few points into a skill which would help highlight ores and materials for easier finding. I only hoped that it would bring even more success than it was before. Maybe this would be exactly what i needed to bring my shop back up to par.

ID# 113898 LD= 10 (+1 T2 Mat) CD = 4 (+1 additional T2 Mat)

As soon as i walking into the cave the first thing i noticed was some materials left strewn about on the ground. "Looks like its my lucky day after all. At this rate ill have plenty, but maybe i should keep looking just for the sake of having extras." This would be a lot easier than i thought. Hopefully my luck hold out and i can walk away with a decent amount of crafting pieces.

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

ID# 113902 LD = 13 (+1 T2 Material) CD = 10 (+3 Additional t2 Mats) (+5 T2 materials gathered so far)

Just as i had predicted this was probably now the most useful skill in my arsenal. It has made things so much easier. If only i had taken the time to invest these point sooner or else i might have been ready already. I continued to look around and found several more materials by the front entrance just as i had done before. 

"If this is how its going to be I'm gonna hang out here and see if there is more i can find because I clearly missed a lot of them the first time around." I spoke to the endless void of a cave and myself. "Well back to searching around because i have lots to do today and this cant be my only break from the game, the guild needs these items."

And just like that i was back to searching around hoping to gather a decent amount of materials to start crafting weapons and armors once again.

ID# 113904 LD = 9 (nothing found) CD = 1 (nothing found) (5 mats found total)

We were back to this once again. As soon as i arrived it feels as though someone was able to beat me here once again and clear out the front of the cave once more. This was starting to be a big old pain in my butt. Well whatever theres still plenty of cave to search and ive only gotten started, let see what other possibilities lie farther in the cavern.

I made my way deeper into the cave hoping that this would be a slightly more loot worthy area compared to the beginning of the cave allowing me to grab as many materials as i could before going home this time. I continued to look around hoping to find a super rich ore vat that would just keep on giving, but the possibility of that was probably very slim and i didnt have the skills to mine into this big old rock. luckily no one was here slowing me down this time.

ID# 113905  LD = 11 (+1 Mat) CD = 4 (+1 Mat) (7 mats found total)

Yes! Finally i was getting somewhere, maybe this was the path that i should have taken in the beginning. I found two more materials behind a stone pillar. Although something was strange about this pillar. There were carving on the side of it that looked like masks with weird designs on their head. I payed it no mind and shrugged as i just assumed it was some weird in game design or reference to something on the outside world. Its not like those masks have any real functions such as turning you into a vampire or some immortal being hell bent on taking over the world or anything that. I laughed to myself. "I watch WAY too much anime" i said sarcastically to myself knowing no one was actually listening. I proceeded to look deeper into the cave hoping that the search would last much longer however i was definitely far from over. i promised i would dedicate at least an hour to mining today just to make sure i had what i needed for my shop to pick up speed.

ID# 113906 LD = 6 (Nothing found) CD = 3 (+1 Mat found) (8 Mats found)

Not to far away from the spot i was just looking at i noticed something glinting in the distance. Could this be it? Could this be the natural material mine i was looking for this whole time. I approached and to my surprise. No, no it was not, in fact it was almost completed depleted except for one ore that didn't quite look like one but when i picked it up the stats told me a completely different story.

"Gee i miss Saix and his star steel mine where we used to go and find galactic looking ores to make some awesome creations out of. Now all i can find is steel and iron and its so boring in comparison. Stupid Kayaba and his game updates taking away all of the fun things this game had to offer. Actually im still mad at him for trapping us here, i hope to get out of here one day and punch that man in the face." i spoke to no one hoping that Kayaba couldnt hear me, but if he could i wasnt worried.

ID# 113907 LD = 4 (nada) CD = 1 (also nada) (8 found)

Maybe Kayaba COULD actually hear because as soon as i threatened to punch the man i stopped being able to find anything. 

"I swear to Dio that if this is you messing with me, punching you in the face will be the LEAST of your issues game developer, youre going to need more than one ambulance to transport your body from where you are to the hospital." I screamed into the ether.

I was very much hoping this wasnt just some big joke he was playing on me, no i need to calm down, theres no way that he could be listening to us. Unless there really was a way but we dont know it. I shook my head. What a ridiculous idea i just had. its a game, nit some sort of reality show or some sort of meta anime. This is just it, its just a ver hard video game where if we die in the game, we die in real life nothing more, nothing less.

ID# 113908 LD = 7 (still nada) CD = 2 (+1 material) (9 materials found total)

I feel like this was some cruel prank being put on my by the stupid game dev. Maybe he really was listening and i was just being an idiot.

"Yo Kayaba, i apologize for being such a jerk just now. If you really are listening, i swear i wouldnt hurt you, im just some weak scrwny college kid who was just trying to enjoy a good game while studying for his finals and got trapped in your world. I swear i meant nothing by it." I yelled in the cavernous abyss hoping that maybe he was listening and he would turn do the difficulty for find things now that ive apologized.

I decided to leave this area of the cave and hoped to find something more in another section seeing as this portion of the cave was already heavily looted knowing players probably only go as far as the easy loot is. Stupid lazy players not wanting to get caught by deadly monsters. what a bunch on pansies.

ID# 113909 LD = 6 (nothing) CD = 12 (+3 mats found) (12 Materials found total)

I turned the corner into the next section of the cave and almost as if Kayaba heard my apologies i was greeted with even more materials than i had found since i left the entrance to the cave. This was great, maybe i would have enough materials to at least continue the shop and bring her back up to working speed. People seemed to only want these perfect weapons but i guess they must be worth the money if its the only thing people want to buy. I have so many rare weapons at the shop but no one seems to want to buy those. I shrugged at my own thoughts knowing that i could just start charging more money for the perfect weapons as long as i had a need for the materials. I thought about what I would do first to outfit my guild with their required build sets.  

ID# 113910 LD = 2 (0) CD = 6 (+2) (14 found)

This was an unexpected surprise to find more materials in the same area as the one i was just looking in. It was almost as if the materials were leading me into a path i had never seen before. I had never seen this part of the cave before but then again this was only the second time i had ever stepped foot in this cave. Maybe this was not the best place to do any form of looting and maybe i should take another route. However i wanted to get at least one successful day of looting out of this week before i crammed myself into my little shop for a couple hours to craft for people i barely knew or didnt know at all. hopefully someone will be willing to stop by even to say hi. Yeah like that was going to happen seeing as they barely stopped in before. Oh well more experience for me then huh.

ID# 113913 LD = 20 (+2) CD = 10 (+3) (19 found total)

My luck was finally turning around, I had found a mineral vat right nearby. This must be my lucky day. The vat seemed at least half full but i wouldn't know until i started to clear it out with my hands. I started digging and just didn't stop. I found a total of at least five different metal materials i could use to craft with and that didn't seem to be the end of the vat itself. I sat down and took a little break before i decided to continue sifting through the ore vat i had just happened upon. I took a sip of water from my canteen. This was such a dirty job and such a lonely one. Maybe it would be better to come out here with a party more often, we could probably scrounge up more over a shorter period of time that i could have in the time i have done.

ID# 113915 LD = 13 (+1 mat) CD = 12 (+3) (23 materials found)

I decided it was time to return to work after emptying about half of my canteen. I began to dig deeper and deeper into the ore vat and continued to find more and more materials as i dug into it. It was shocking to find a vat that was as rich as this one. I finally had found something that would at least pull in the right kind of attention. Maybe ill have even more materials later if i bring friends. Being the person i was i guess it was getting lonelier and lonelier the farther we got into this game seeing as more of my friends bite the dust as we keep trying to fight bosses that we have no idea how to handle. Maybe we will come up with an effective system eventually but as of this moment we just have to keep pushing ourselves and fight till we finish all 100 floors and finally get out of here.

ID# 113916 LD = 17 (+2 Mats) CD = 2 (+1) (26 found)

It seemed like i was coming to the end of this ore vat but i kept digging seeing that there was still more on the inside of it.

"How deep could this possibly go. Maybe ill accidentally stubble upon an ancient dungeon of some sorts" i joked to myself knowing how unlikely that was going to be. But it still stuck in my head that this was going deeper than i had normally seen such things go.

"Maybe i really did just get very lucky and found one untouched by players who were unwilling to come this deep into the cave system." i tried to rationalize my luck but maybe it was as simple as that, maybe luck had let me stumble upon this part that everyone overlooked.

This might be all this vat has to offer but before i gave up on it completely i decided to take yet another break seeing everything that ive thrown into my inventory already i felt like today was a good day already.

ID# 113923 LD = 5 (+0) CD = 11 (+3) (29 found so far)

I was absolutely astonished at the fact that this ore vat just kept giving more more and more materials the deeper I dug. Once again i decided to take a break after taking on the search. I looked at the time noticing it was almost noon and time for lunch at that. I climbed up and out of the vat and opened my inventory. I pulled out a piece of bread, some butter and my canteen from earlier. It wasn't the best lunch but i has to keep up my strength some way or another. I ate it slowly taking my time knowing i still had plenty of time left since i had dedicated this whole hour to being about material gathering. I ate about half of the bread and butter and drank about half of my remaining water leaving me with about a quarter of the canteen left. Perfect, as everything in life should be. Back to digging.

ID# 113925 LD =4 (0) CD = 9 (+2) (31 found so far)

This was a break through for me as the amount of metals coming my way was astonishing even more still that before. But it looked like my luck was about to run out. Not too long after i pulled up the last two materials i could hear the foot steps of a cave dwelling beast. After a few moments it rounded the corner. It was one of those Lizard men. It was carrying a scimitar as well as a small round metal shield with a spike in the center. On top of is head was a small metal helmet and on its shoulders were small metal pauldrons. It also looked like it was wearing metal knee caps. I looked at the beast and it seem pretty strong. at least 340 health points and it seemed to be alone but i shouldn't make those kinds of assumptions with this kind of game.

I placed my hand on the hilt of my katana and began to run at the lizardman who had no idea what was going on. Almost as if it was second nature i started to unsheath the katana as i approached him. The blade began to glow a faint silver in color and i knew just what to say almost 

"Here we go, Shining silver OVERDRIVE, Iai SLASH" i screamed out as i quickly drew my blade, slashed threw the enemies body before sheathing my blade once again.

ID# 113926 BD = 5 Miss  MD = 6 hit (102 dmg - 53 Mit = 49 damage)

I was moving so fast that i must have miscalculated the timing but i completely misjudged everything and at the last second i felt a cut straight down my chest and i was suddenly flung back with the strength of ten men. I flew back and was able to catch myself. Thats when i noticed my boots began to glow.

"Hmm a skill must have activated, never noticed that one before, alright then, lets kick it"

Ryu:

HP 631/680

EP 66/68

Lizardman: 

HP 340/340 

Edited by RyujinSeaLord
miscalculated numbers

I rose back to my feet and took my katana in both hands and concentrated on the next attack. I focused on the enemy at hand and steadied my breathing. I began to think about the skills i had learned from leveling up. I opened my eyes to look as the monster started to charge at me. Suddenly my blade began to glow blue like the sky.

"SAN GE" I screamed as i began to charge back at the lizard man as fast as i could.

ID# 113933 BD= 5 + 1 (Light Momentum) = 6 hit (11 base * 15 SA = 165 dmg) MD = 5 miss

I countered the monsters strike and began to slice the monster rapidly causing multiple red slash mark appear across the monsters chest. I closed out the entire attack with one large vertical slash down the center of the lizard mans body sending him flying instead.

"Alright ya creep, you ready because im sure you really arent." I spoke to a creature that i knew was only ever going to make some monstrous noises ever.

Ryu:

HP 631/680

EP 51/68

Lizardman: 

HP 178/340 

ID# 113938 BD = 4 Miss MD = 9 hit (103 -53 = 50 damage)

After the multi-strike attack i felt like i had to take a break in the middle of combat. I hadn't been fighting much since i came back I felt almost winded. This distracted me long enough for the creature to charge up a power attack as it slashed me straight across the chest causing my to do a spin in place and forcing me back a few steps. I was not expecting to have to deal with such a difficult opponent this early into my return career. If it weren't for the armor and armor skills I had turned on i would be taking a severe amount of damage at this rate. This does not mean that i feel the need to finish this fight as fast as it started. I need to start using these sword arts given to us because they seem to be very effective. Maybe ill try another one and deal another major amount of damage. I made one normal strike at the creature and missed causing my boots to light up once more.

Ryu:

HP 581/680

EP 51/68

Lizardman: 

HP 178/340 

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

ID# 113939 BD = 5 + 1 (LM) = 6 hit (11 * 7 = 77 dmg) MD = 1 (Crit Miss)

I was preparing to use another sword skill once again but i had to think about how to start it. I lowered my blade and it began to glow blue once again indicating a slashing technique. I remembered this one from the training i did just before coming back into the fray. The monster ran towards me weapon raised and ready to strike me down. 

"ZEKKAI" I shouted as i brought the blade straight across the monsters chest. The monster was unable to finish its strike it was hurting so bad. Sadly this attack did not seem to do nearly as much damage as the last few attack but it was enough for me to notice a difference in the health bar bringing the creature down into the yellow zone. I prepared myself for the next attack both in the offensive side and defensive side. The lizard man spun around very quickly and readied its weapon as well preparing for a continued combat.

Ryu:

HP 581/680

EP 44/68

Lizardman: 

HP 101/340 

I picked my sword skill once more and began sprinting towards the enemy.

"ZAN GE" I shouted once more at the top of my lungs. I began to start slashing at the monster as i started pushing the lizard man back towards the wall of the cave. It cried out in pain as every little slash crossed its chest as i prepared the final strike.

ID# 113940 BD = 8 Hit (11 * 15 = 165 damage)

I brought my blade down straight across the monsters chest slicing the monster in twine causing the monster to explode into millions of pixilated red diamond shapes before disintegrating completely from existence. Immediately after killing the monster a screen pulled up telling me what me what I had earned. 

Spoiler

ID# 113941 LD = 6 CD = 12

Rewards granted:

680 Col
1 Rare Trinket -unidentified-

I looked around hoping there was something more to this cave than there was anything that I had missed entirely (ID# 113942 Nothing found) but there was absolutely nothing left to this area. I decided to call it a day seeing i was rather tired and i had gathered a decent amount of materials for some crafting to get done.

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

I decided that as i was leaving i would take one last look around to see if i had missed anything during the fight. I sheathed my katana seeing as it was no longer needed after destroying the only monster i had come into contact with since ive been here. 

ID# 113943 LD = 7 (0) CD = 3 (+1)

As i walked to the outside of the cave i looked to the ground and noticed that i had missed a material walking in. I reached down and felt the weight not sure how i missed it the first time but i shrugged and added it to the bunch of them i had already found. Today was a very big haul and im ready to take a break for a very long time. Ill come back one day but im done for today at least. I made my way back towards town and prepared to teleport to floor nine where my poor workshop lays dormant ready for the reopening that is shortly to come

Edited by RyujinSeaLord
Was only 20th post