[PP|F1] Been a while...

Dustin sat in the tavern by the center of town and thought for a while. Should I ask her out again? Did I miss my chance? He opens his menu and navigates through his short friends list and sees her name. His finger falls down and selects her name as he starts to type up a message.

Spoiler

To: @Ryoko

Hey, it’s been a while, wanna go out again?

Clicking send, he begins to get worried as the message is sent. In his memory he hadn’t done too well last time, and he was already feeling bad for not contacting her again afterwards. He put on a more dapper attire and stood up and walked towards the teleport pad. I could pull out some bull crap excuse, but that wouldn’t be good. I should be honest with her. he steps up onto the platform, shouting the command to get to the third floor. He opens his messaging system and sends the name of the tavern they had met in on the first date, maybe getting her a snack would help keep her from being upset.

As normal Ryoko was busy hitting some trees on the floor a bit, it was really something Ryo did quite a lot and it was really good for her to get her attention focused on something else completely hitting some tree. sweat was running down her face a bit and then from shock as she tries to do a flying kick she gets a message and loses balance and falling to the ground. "Darn... auw... Who just send me a message," Ryoko said low before opening the message to see it was from Dustin the guy she knew from real life that was in her class with Miss Aris. Opening the Messageboard Ryoko starts to send a message back.

To: @Dustin

Sure Sure buddy friend, I meet you soon. I can't wait to hang out with you again Class buddy, Be there soon mean it.

Sending the message to Dustin and making her way to the spot where she was going to meet Dustin again. Once on the floor now Ryoko made her way to find Dustin turning a corner Ryoko spotted him and she tried to go back around the corner. "Oh There he is, Time to surprise him," she said low. Wearing a black jacket that showed her belly a bit and wearing some white jeans she made her way over to Dustin slowly before jumping on his back and pressing her chest against his back a bit as she did this. "Hello, Buddy! How are you doing?" 

Dustin was watching the way he expected her to come like a hawk. The nerves of being on another date with the girl he had spent so much time crushing on held his attention over that way until arms wrapped around his neck and he heard a voice he knew all too well. His face remained the same, almost as if the surprise hadn’t surprised him at all. After a while of hanging out with Enna, surprises like that won’t get me anymore. He had stumbled forward from the weight of someone jumping onto his back, but he hadn’t gone too far, so he straightens up and kneels down to let the girl get back on the floor. “Just a bit nervous. You?” He returns, turning around towards her as he thinks about what to do. “You look nice.” Flirting wasn’t his strong suit, but flirting wasn’t required here, so he could at least relax a little. “I’m kind of surprised you came on this date, after all, it has been a while. Sorry about that.” His apology looks sincere, like it was from the bottom of his heart. Mostly because it was. He felt like he owed her some sort of explanation for why he hadn’t spoken to her since the last date. Maybe just bringing it up will sound like an excuse, if she asks, I’ll tell her the truth, if not I’ll tell her later. He opens the door to the cafe and holds it open for her to go through, just gotta remember to be a proper gentleman. He smiles at her. It truly was a mistake not messaging you right away.

@Ryoko

Ryoko leans back away from Dustin a bit as he says that he is nervous, why would he be nervous in the first place, it is not like Ryoko was something to be nervous about in her eyes at least. "Ha well That makes one of us, I would not want to miss handing out with my new school buddy," Ryoko said to Dustin Leaning on his arm not even relishing she was pressing Her chest onto his body, but when would she really ever notice it as she was kind of oblivious to most things. "So I'm ready to stuff my face full with things, I'm starving for sure," Ryoko said with joy to Dustin who seemed to be thinking about something but whatever it was it did not matter now as Food was getting talked about and Ryoko kind of liked food and sport and well a lot that a normal girl would just move to the side, "Come on stop daydreaming you, you begin to look like Ivar If He looked at me during PE," Ryoko said mentioning a boys name that was in their class as well.

@Dustin

Dustin looks down at the girl and shakes his head, taking a deep breath. “You’re right. I’m sorry, let’s go stuff out faces.” He smiles walking into the café and over to a table, sitting down and waving over a waiter. He looks back towards the girl and smiles. “So, what have you been up to recently?” He asks, trying to get a conversation going, his nerves having settled to normal. His blue sweatshirt comes off, revealing a basic black shirt as he sits and smiles. The boys in class always bugged me. Everything they said was crap. “Ya know, some of the kids in class were *ssholes. That’s why I was always quiet, because they took every chance they could to cause trouble and as you know, fighting in school was a problem for me.” He looks up at the waiter who had just arrived and smiles. “A bowl of gummies and a black coffee. Plus whatever she’s getting.” He leans in closer and looks at the girl. “Some of them were planning to jump one of the Freshmen back in Junior year, so I helped the kid out.” He smiles innocently like he had actually won the fight. He got his butt kicked and most of the kids in school knew that much. What they didn’t know is the older kids had the advantage, but the Freshman had managed to get away thanks to Dustin, and Dustin never heard about the kid after. Wonder what happened to the boy.

@Ryoko

Following Dustin without any regard of whatever was going to happen because Ryoko was happy enough to just hang out with Dustin and eat for sure. Once sitting down Dustin asks something and Ryoko thinks for a few seconds, "Well I have been training my combat skills, Martial art are quite fun to use for sure. It's even easier here than in real life, altho I can never say I have really tried it tho I have a friend who did it." Ryoko said with a smile as the waiter walked up as she started digging into the menu looking for something nice, "Yeah Bullies Grr, At least you know what is fun," Ryoko said while looking into the menu not really focusing on what Dustin said.  Looking up as Dustin ordered Ryoko looked at the waiter, "Oh Yeah, For me a Big Omelet sandwich with Extra beef, and can some meat jerky with it as well, and um... some milk... NO chocolate milk," Ryoko said happily before turning to Dustin again. "Yeah I heard that story too, tho this group of boys told me to not come to school that day or just keep inside, I think they did not want me to jump in as well and kick some butt," Ryoko said with a giggle. "And Now let's return a question, How have you been?"

@Dustin

“I’ve mostly been fine, lots of guild stuff going on.” Avoiding something Hong obviously on his mind, Dustin didn’t want to worry the girl he had invited on yet another date. “Yeah, martial arts can be fun, but only if there’s someone in front of you that you can beat up on. Maybe one day you and I can go on a few adventures together.” He smiles. Dustin had heard about a few players traveling between floors, finding date locations and stumbling across the most romantic settings. Dustin wanted to show Ryoko this world, and he wanted to see most of it with her. “I have somewhere to take you after this.” He says, looking serious and blushing. I want to show her Kadin’s spot. He liked the beautiful view, so maybe she will too. He looks at her and thinks for a moment. “I want to show you a spot someone once showed me.” He leans in towards the girl and whispers, “It’s the most beautiful thing in the game... second only to you.” The compliment rolling off his tongue like any other saying. He knew he didn’t deserve to have this girl by his side, but he wanted to.

@Ryoko

"Oooh yeah, I forgot you are in a guild, haha dumb of me, But hey I also forgot to tell you something... I did the earning a leaving quest and got the performer skill line, It's quite cool looking but really I think it just some old nostalgia," Ryoko said to Dustin reminding him of the small Idol band she had in school. It was quite a thing to be even in this game. As then Dustin tell Ryoko that he has to bring her somewhere  Ryoko gets a bit excited "Ooh somewhere nice cool... But first Food, I'm starving here, I may have not eaten for like a full day," She says as her stomach growls a bit as she holds it. "But yeah... Thanks... You're... cool looking too," Ryoko said as to not know what to say to Dustin at all as he says his last part as it was really not something to e said out of nowhere, and still if Dustin did not move in and whispered she would have had it move along.

@Dustin

Edited by Ryoko

Dustin leans back into his chair and smirks. “Sorry about that. Was it too abrupt?” He doesn’t know what to do, so he grabs the coffee that was just set down. Was I just a prick? Oh man, did I make her feel weird? Oh boy, oh man, oh god. Dustin’s eyes dance around as his face turns red. Hiding things from this girl was impossible for him. The secrets practically jumped out onto the table and sang their meaning as he kept his mouth shut. He was flustered again. He wanted to talk, but couldn’t. How could he follow up such a comment? He couldn’t play it off like he didn’t mean it, that would be rude. He can’t just up and leave, that would be even worse. Way to go you idiot, you already messed up. Why are you so STUPID? If this were an anime, a chibi version of himself would smack him in the back of the head, but this wasn’t an anime. He had to figure something out and quick. His nerves were on the fritz as he thought of the correct way to continue. I should just ignore it, right? Or should I just explain to her that I really like her? God, why is this so hard? He drops his head on the table, and groans. “I’m an idiot.” He says, absentmindedly.

@Ryoko

Ryoko looked a bit confusing to Dustin as he started to drink his coffee, not being the brightest at all really did not understand what he was thinking about or even what he could be thinking at this moment. It was only clear that he became red, "Hehe! Don't drink your coffee so fast, you are lighting up like the red carpet in Hollywood." She said to Dustin not really knowing why he became red just knowing sometimes people became red from hot things, and coffee was hot right, Or maybe he was getting it warm from the coffee and that why he is becoming red. But as she was looking at him her food came and Ryoko lighted up like a firework almost exploding into happiness. Once it was sat down Ryoko started to eat from it, the sandwich was clearly a bit too big for her but she still dug into it. While eating Ryoko heard the comment Dustin said and without thinking she spoke, "Wou Ware Wot a Widwiot, Wou swawte when we," She said what would be normally said as 'you are not an idiot, you are smarter then me,' if she did not have her mouth full with food.

@Dustin

Dustin pulled his head up, looked at her, squinted a little and sat up. “That’s just not true.” He takes a sip of his coffee as he looks at her. “You were always cooler than me.” He looks at the gummies. Examining the colors and their grouping, pulling them out and putting them in circles. “5 purple, 10 red, 6 green, 17 yellow, and 30 pink...” he looks in the bowl and pulls out a single orange. “This was me in class. Those purples were you and your group. The others were everyone else.” He starts lining them up in a specific order: purple, red, yellow, pink, green and then orange. “This is how everyone in class saw the hierarchy. The purples saw no one above them, so some of them didn’t know about it.” He picks up and eats a pink one. “Another thing is, because no one looks down, you tend to not see them as people. You guys were different. Every one of you saw us as just as cool, but you were wrong.” His eyes move back up towards her. “You guys were so cool, you didn’t care I was a prick, or a fool, you still tried to speak to me as an equal.” his eyes move away from her and his hand moves up behind his ear, “That’s why I’ve had this major crush on you since Freshmen year.” He struggles to look up at her again.

@Ryoko

As she is still eating as Dustin is speaking she finished eating and looked at the gummies, he had quite an explanation there. She was a bit confused as what he was saying, but as he spoke about the whole hierarchy she coked her head a bit. Once he was done speaking she kind of got what he was talking about and became red on her face a bit as she always did when she ran into someone at school or against a pole. "But... I know you longer than Freshmen years, our families knew each other already before we even met I think, Never asked but I knew you already so I wanted to talk to you. And no matter what the others say, you are cool, just look at you having those weapons, dealing punches like me!! YOU ARE VERY COOL." Ryoko said with a lot of energy being all cheerful "YOu never been seen as a jerk to me, Oshin made sure of that same goes for your brother, I just told my friends how you are and they wanted to hang out with a lot of others too. But I'm not cooler than you, just look at your level and then to mine!" She said happily and ended up staring at the pink gummies... When he is done explaining I will take those darn pink gummies, they are just teasing me, she thought before giving a smile to Dustin

@Dustin

Ryoko had explained how she thought Dustin was cool and Dustin chuckles for a moment. “Guess I am smarter than you.” He sighs and grabs all the pink bears. He knows they’re her favorite and he likes them too. “It’s whatever though. The past is the past. So on and so forth.” His arm stretches out as he puts the pinks in front of her. “Sorry for getting real sappy and emotional. I didn’t mean to ruin the da-...” he cuts himself off, making it sound like he said day. If she doesn’t think this is a date then I guess it’s not. He pays the waiter and grabs the gummies.

”I paid for it all, so that means we can head out. Let’s go, where I wanna show you looks best at sunset.” He stands up and starts running, grabbing her hand and pulling her behind him. Like a truck pulling a fully functional car, he speeds through the town, but his movements made carefully to keep her from falling or not being able to keep up. “It’s not too far, but walking from here should work.” He remarks, approaching a hill that most every player has seen. “Ordinary Hill right?” He pauses.

@Ryoko

Looking over to Dustin as he this time agreed to her of being smarter what was quite true to be sure for her side. It was clear Dustin thought he messed up by talking too much but it was not, She kind of liked talking and it did not matter about what for her at all. Leaning over the table to pat Dustin on the head, "No worry about it, you can't mess up more than me," She said before grabbing the gummies with a happy smile as she followed Dustin eating them one by one. "I just follow you then I guess," she said following him to whatever he was planning. It took not long at all for her to find out what to do so she started to have a small poke off with him, "Poke!" She said every time she poked him. Once getting on the hill she stared a bit around into the deep wilderness of the floor, No matter what the floors where always cool looking so Ryoko was just looking her eyes out. "It's a nice place, Nothing is ordinary in this world," She said smiling still eating the gummies.

@Dustin

Dustin waits for Ryoko to respond. It was just an ordinary Hill from here, but, there was more to it. “Let me show you something.” He begins to walk up and over the hill, the other side having a drop off. Standing over a sea of trees and lakes, you could see for a great distance. “This was Kadin’s favorite spot. We’d go here after every mission and watch the sun go down.” He looks out over the landscape. “It’s been one of my favorite spots as of late.” Sometimes a connection to a lost family member or friend will make you more courageous than you actually are. He looks over at Ryoko. “I wanted you the see this when I told you I like you, so that way, even if you don’t like me back you at least get a decent view.” His face turns back out towards the green. He could barely hide the red on his face and thus had to turn away, it was his best course of action at this point.

@Ryoko

Looking out over into the distance a bit she looked at Dustin after that As he spoke. It was clear this place was special to Dustin and what Special was to Dustin would surely be special to Ryoko. Looking back over into the distance a bit as Dustin was done speaking Ryoko's head started to run a bit, Wait Like you, Like... Like Like me or Like me as a friend, sure I like him to but Like Like him... wait do I like Like him or Like him as a friend, Like how could one tell, I like him, yes I do but How do I know I like Like him, but what if he does not Like Like me and just likes me as friends, what um... She thought while staring into the distance a bit. She wanted to ask him if he like liked her, as she Looked back at Dustin and moving her face into his view she spots his red face, "WAIT, you are red, are you hot can I help Are U hurt." She said hanging onto Dusting pressing her chest against his body ignoring the body completely and that some people could become very shy when faces in this situation. But Ryoko really did not know better as she kept pressing her chest into his body more inspecting his face a bit.

@Dustin

Dustin looks down at Ryo and smiles. He grabs her and pulls her in for a kiss. After a second or two he backs away and his face no longer red. “I’m just fine.” He smiles softly at her. He turns back towards the sea of green and sits down, pulling out a pie. “Would you like some?” He asks, hoping she would stay with him for a while. “Maybe we can watch the sun go down.” He cuts out a piece of pie and holds it up towards her. His legs dangle off the side of the drop off like so many times before. Kadin would’ve loved to be here, but I guess he has to be where he is. He opens his menu and pulls Ryoko in for a screenshot. “Gotta make sure I never forget.” He smiles, moving through the menu and saving the image. His hands move down for another piece of pie as he looks through his inventory, pulling out two cups of apple juice.

@Ryoko

With a pull, she gets kissed by Dustin, but this time it is not Dustin going red but Ryoko becoming red. She stands still for a few seconds and just stares at Dustin for a bit in mass confusion all written over her face. Did he just, Yes he did kiss me, with meaning, so that means he... he Likes likes me, She thought as he speaks a bit not catching what he said first, As she looks back to him he is already sitting on the ground with Pie, "HOW THE HECK U GET THAT!" She yells at him, As then he pulls her in for something "Gah Stop pulling me!!!" She said to him before giving him a small hit against the back of his head, "Gee, Please just stop pulling me, I can do things myself," She said to him a bit angry, Looking at the pie she smiles, "I'll make you something you would not forget," She said with a giggle before taking Dustin's hand and Pushing the Pie into his face before breaking out into a laugh and rolling over the ground.

@Dustin

“Furmurfferen” Dustin laughs through the piece of pie shoved into his mouth and falls over. “Tho, you gonna waff the thun go dun wiff me?” He asks one more time. He swallows the pie and looks at her. “It’s super beautiful. Comparable only to you.” He smiles at her, showing her the screenshot. “That’s why I pulled you in a second time. Though it’s not the only reason. I’d like to hold you close more.” His smile brighter than before, and his eyes meet hers. “I did spring this on you rather quickly, so it won’t be so bad if you don’t like me back.” He stares out over the horizon and stops smiling. “I think we should go on more adventures though. Maybe one day you can catch up to me damage wise.” A laugh escapes his lips. No better way to bond with someone than fighting alongside them. That’s how I made all my friends in this game, so I have to get her on the field with me. It would be so fun. He stops laughing and looks at Ryoko. “Plus I need to get more col anyways.” He smiles like he’s hiding something.

@Ryoko

Ryoko fell over from laughing quite a bit and held her stomach as she laughed, looking at the screenshot she laughed even more, "L... Look at your face, we have to redo that at some point really, you can't keep that one. We look ridiculous," She said while laughing. trying to stop laughing was a bit harder then she thought and as Dustin was speaking she heard a bit of what he was saying, "No... No Dummy... I like you, your a great companion to have with me," She said still laughing her ass off. Slowly she got back her senses and listens as he spoke, "You saying I'm weak, Dustin, I can tackle Kat," She said mentioning Katsumi her oldest brother who was about twelve years older than her and Who Dustin probably knew as the guy who always brought old games from work. Ryoko Looked at Dustin before Giving him a right mean hook on the shoulder, a quite powerful one considering she was a girl who wanted to be an idol and did not even use her full strength as she was sitting next to him.

@Dustin