[F05] Butcher of the Sands

I made my return trip to the 5th floor, the same floor i had rescued my best friend Shark from. I could hear the people talking about a major dust storm that had happened. It was so bad that everyone had to take cover from it and when it had passed it had uncovered something that might soon be regretted. 

Information brokers have been talking about an arena filled with spears which seemed to threaten anyone whom might try and escape whatever death trap might lie in wait on the circle. I was practically throwing my life away at this point deciding that maybe i would be able to take this quest on my own. Who knows what might be lying in wait out there but apparently its not pretty. Apparently this is one of those field bosses and its taken a few players lives because they weren't prepared for it. I know i was. I sent a message to my buddy @Shark telling him to bring his butt up to the fifth floor just on the edge of town we have a boss to take down.

@Dustin @Sey

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

Another tale of a boss had graced the boy’s ears as he was tavern hopping floor to floor. The sole reason he does so is to try and find out about these things. He pulls up his blue hood and makes his way out into the desert, knowing full well he might die on this excursion. I know this might not end well, but I have to try. The story will make this all worth while. He struggles to make it through the sand and rocks but he makes it to a small area where he decides to take a break. No sand blowing or need to keep going right now, shouldn’t be too far from here. He stands up and begins walking again after a few minutes of resting until finally, the boy comes across another player. He had gone full circle and ended up back at town, despite not remembering a turn at all. “Hey, you going and looking for that field boss? Mind if I tag along?” He shouts to the other player in hopes of being dragged along on the adventure of a lifetime. Sending a message to a friend about how he was going to be doing something dangerous, Dustin finally settles in and gets ready.

Field boss? Did his ears deceive him? Though his stats were not maxed, he could hear chats from a distance when happening to travel by them, though he did not want it to be the Butcher. It did not offer any more experience due to the first defeat, but he had hopes that another one may have arrived. Though he was distant, he kept close enough to listen to what they said, though with the way he walked, he could look like just another player walking around the area. And Kyu wasn't enjoying herself out in the hot sun since she preferred the cold, but the snow wolf was on his shoulder and willing to endure it for the sake of finding that field boss, wherever it was. Regardless, Sey held his hands in his pockets, seemingly without weapons. But that heavy armor of his was a mere illusion, for he was not a tank, though he could act the roll. As of currently, he aimed to contribute DPS, so this hopefully new field boss would have a newer threat to worry about.

While wondering around the 3rd floor, Shark received a notification pop up on his screen. Only one person has been sending him messages, so he knew exactly who it was. “Man, what does this kid want now?” He said to himself while touching the messages icon. The message was saying to come to the 5th floor just at the edge of town. Shark pulled up his friends list to see where Ryu was on the map. 

Shark made his way to the teleport gate and activated it to go to the 5th floor. Upon arriving to the floor, he began heading to the spot of Ryu’s last location. Shark began to think, I wonder what kind of adventure we are going on. Are any possible guild members going to be there? 

The blue-haired man finally made it to the location and saw his best friend waiting for him. “Hey bud. I Have arrived.” He said, right before noticing 2 other players that he had not met before. “Hello there friends.” He said with a friendly smile on his face. “The name is Shark and it’s a pleasure to meet you both” The man said as he moved closer to his buddy.

@RyujinSeaLord @Dustin @Sey

I noticed that one other player had suddenly stumbled upon me. I guess being an actual player and standing around kind of made me a rather approachable person in comparison to others. He seemed lost but he approached me and asked if I was looking for the field boss and then proceeded to ask if he was allowed to tag a long.

"Yes actually i am looking for the field boss, it seemed like a good place to go for some leveling up. I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to tag along. I have a friend on his way so if you don't mind us waiting for him, he and i just came back together since our days clearing floor bosses on the lowest floors. But he went to hide in a cave and i went to live in town so hes a little behind." I smiled explaining to him equipping my blue ninja gi with white trimmings.

That was when i noticed another player close by but he seemed to just be spending time on this floor, which isn't uncommon 

Thats when my friend Shark showed up just ask expected. "Hey man, hows the gear holding up?" I asked him as he approached. "Im not entirely sure who they are but they wish to accompany us to take down the field boss. I felt that the best way for two Legendary players to return to their former glory than a boss fight like the old day"

@Dustin

Edited by RyujinSeaLord

A new player had shown up, blue hair and looking older than Dustin. Well, more mature. Having been accepted, Dustin smiles like a cocky child and points to himself. “The name’s Dustin.” He laughs a little. Pulling out cookies and offering them to the others. His eyes fixated on the guy with blue hair. “Don’t worry, they’re amazing.” He holds the cookie up. Then he turns and leans up against the wall. “Well I’m ready when you are.” He waits for the others to do anything, but notices someone in heavy armor standing nearby, so he decides to approach.

”Are you looking to hunt down the butcher of the sands? Because those two over there are helping me with it and I wanna make it an even number.” Another cookie materializes in his hand and he holds it up to the player with armor. “Whatever you decide, Take this cookie.” He offers.

@Sey

He wasn't in distance when the blue-haired player attempted to greet Sey and the brunette one, so Sey was conflicted about whether to return the greeting or act like he wasn't listening. Simply put, eavesdropping needed the guise to continue in order for this to work. It didn't take long for the brunette to confirm that there was no new field boss, they were on the hunt for the butcher himself. Well, it seems like he had to bail, the boss wasn't that hard and he was sure that the three of them could handle themselves. One of them claimed that "two of them were legendary", so what was he good for then? Even... If he recalled none of their names.

The blue-haired one was a gentleman with formal greetings, so Sey could feel a slight bit of guilt when trying to go under the guise of being too distant to hear, at least for the moment. The brunette would then approach Sey with a cookie in his hands with a less formal introduction, though nothing of arrogance or pride bled through it, so Sey could acknowledge it with a calm smile. "The butcher of the sands? I'm spoken for on the field boss I'm afraid. But I could delete him for your cause if you desire." Sey explained before he blinked at the cookie in front of him. It did seem like a nice cookie in all honesty... And so he took it, though he was not so quick to eat it. "So that would make four of us, a full party for an AoE squad. Assuming I'm allowed in."